100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

I did not think about the city ordinances and sidewalks. I wonder why they don't want to require it, at least in neighborhoods, maybe.

I was assuming Rowlings still had to give her permission , and with her money, I sure would have retained some control.

I guess you are getting that icy mess from the plains coming in? I hope not! It was a nice day today and we sat outside some, it was good to be home!

Our news had a story about a man being caught in the neighbor's house nude. Apparently he was rummaging thru their kitchen looking for sesame seeds to put on his hamburger bun. He had been smoking spice, or whatever you do with it. Sounded like an Alabama story...Thankfully it was not, lol!

I am going to Texas Roadhouse for supper Sat. with my daughter. I am pretty sure I may not be in my calorie allowance then, but will try! :#

I had not congratulated you on finding the $.50 on your walk! Impressive! Kinda made up for your tracker not tracking! I have done that twice! Bummer! ...Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Congratulations, I saw this posted:
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/13/2017 and was under her calorie goal

I believe we are going to get the fringe of that mess. However the good news is that it should not be too bad here.

I understand Spice is one of those synthetic drugs with bad effects on the users. You have to wonder what they are thinking when they do it.

I know You can make the better choices when You choose Your meal. When I go out I find that I tend to make better choices now than I would have before going on NS.

Good Luck Tonight
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Morning!

Hope you did not have too much ice! I am impressed you are finding change! That might blow my theory on people too bundled up to drop it! It is a wonder you all aren't sick with the temperature fluctuations up there! Great job on keeping up your steps with the weather there so changeable!

I did have to look up your Triskaidekaphobia! :) However after a somewhat risky get-up of bumping my shin and being somewhat in a daze till coffee, my day proceeded without incident! :) I do get tickled by the google spell check. It must be the worst one on the market! It offers suggestions no where near what you are trying to say. But it comes in handy as my memory is not quite what it used to be!

I plan to have ribeye, plain sweet potato and the house salad with low cal ranch. Good to go in with a plan! Still my entire day of calories, minus my coffee!

Thanks for the ever encouragement! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Crazy but true: Flight 666 lands in HEL on Friday the 13th
    In a bizarre Friday-the-13th coincidence, a flight bearing the number of the beast went straight to HEL today.

That’s right. Finnair Flight 666 took off from Copenhagen (CPH) and flew directly to Helsinki (HEL) on Friday.

Even better? The flight took off at 13:00 local time, according to Flightaware. The one-hour, 34-minute flight landed at HEL at 3:41 p.m. Helsinki time.

And it gets even wackier.

The Twitter account @Flightradar24, which tracks air traffic around the world, even pointed out the aircraft is 13 years old, according to its registration and serial number.

✈️️ Finnair flight 666, at 13 o'clock on Friday the 13th with a 13 year old aircraft, has landed safely in HELhttps://t.co/0kWfkcARmO pic.twitter.com/OPvpyyq4F4— Flightradar24 (@flightradar24) January 13, 2017
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning!

Hope you did not have too much ice! I am impressed you are finding change! That might blow my theory on people too bundled up to drop it! It is a wonder you all aren't sick with the temperature fluctuations up there! Great job on keeping up your steps with the weather there so changeable!

I did have to look up your Triskaidekaphobia! :) However after a somewhat risky get-up of bumping my shin and being somewhat in a daze till coffee, my day proceeded without incident! :) I do get tickled by the google spell check. It must be the worst one on the market! It offers suggestions no where near what you are trying to say. But it comes in handy as my memory is not quite what it used to be!

I plan to have ribeye, plain sweet potato and the house salad with low cal ranch. Good to go in with a plan! Still my entire day of calories, minus my coffee!

Thanks for the ever encouragement! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    That weather is forecast to be later this afternoon, So no ice so far :)

Google has a spell check? I use FireFox and it has built-in spell check that underlines misspelled words or words that it thinks are misspelled. I just Right Click on then and either choose the proper spelling or if I am sure it is properly spelled I add it to the Dictionary.

I think that could work for foods. OTOH I might substitute a Fresh Fruit Salad for the Sweet Potato or something. I like Butter melting into my Potatoes be they White, Yellow, Red, Purple or Sweet types :)

Good Luck
    Roger

P.S. as You can see from the post above this one weird things happen. That was from here: WFAA an ABC station
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/world/crazy-but-true-flight-666-lands-in-hel-on-friday-the-13th/385820638
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today for 8,100 steps and no, The temperature was 27 degrees out the door. The Snow was around 1.5 inches deep in a nearby town according to the weather forecast report. The streets and sidewalks are in decent shape overall. I did not come across anything to slippery while walking. I did keep a watch for where I placed my feet and steered clear of any places that looked like they might be slippery :)

I went back out yesterday afternoon to the Produce store and Dollar Store, walking in the snow. I decided to get out before it could get slippery and dark. I picked up a container of Cherry Tomatoes for my Brother and one of Blackberries for me as a change of pace. The freezer cases in the dollar store were pretty well picked over. I did pick up a couple of things, The Frozen Ready to eat Nathans Hot Dogs and Gourmet Meatballs :) for my brother to try. I ended up the day with 14K+ steps as a result.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good Morning!

Wow! Was the 14,000 steps one of your highest to date? That is pretty awesome! I like crunchy snow to walk on, though I don't remember how that occurs! It's the kind that crunches, is not icy, and gives you good traction! :)

Well, our good weather has had a weird consequence. Someone is using up their leftover fireworks from New Years. I came home to 2 stressed dogs. May was just barking at them, which gets old. The confusion must have given Chester an old timers moment. He was barking at me coming in, but seemed not to know how to get to the door to greet me. It was weird at the time, but after I realized about the fireworks, it made more sense! Hopefully it will be quiet soon!

I did manage to go over my calories at the Roadhouse. I forgot about the yeast rolls and cinnamon butter! I succumbed! But overall I did not do too badly. I did not gain, It may just be a bit till I lose! :#

Take care and have a good Monday! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi
    No steps today, I suspect I am coming down with something and had a sleepless night. The temperature is 26 degrees outside. The Snow has disappeared from the streets and many of the yards, the exception being the yards in the northern side of houses.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
    Good Morning!

Wow! Was the 14,000 steps one of your highest to date? That is pretty awesome! I like crunchy snow to walk on, though I don't remember how that occurs! It's the kind that crunches, is not icy, and gives you good traction! :)

Well, our good weather has had a weird consequence. Someone is using up their leftover fireworks from New Years. I came home to 2 stressed dogs. May was just barking at them, which gets old. The confusion must have given Chester an old timers moment. He was barking at me coming in, but seemed not to know how to get to the door to greet me. It was weird at the time, but after I realized about the fireworks, it made more sense! Hopefully it will be quiet soon!

I did manage to go over my calories at the Roadhouse. I forgot about the yeast rolls and cinnamon butter! I succumbed! But overall I did not do too badly. I did not gain, It may just be a bit till I lose! :#

Take care and have a good Monday! ...Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I did hit 18,786 stps on Wednesday

I Know the kind of snow You mean, That is what we had, It makes a nice sound when You walk too.

If The overage was not to bad do not beat Yourself up over it.
    Congratulations on once again being under Your Calorie Goal Yesterday too.

Cheers
    Rogr
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!

Sure hope you are feeling better and not coming down with something! With this crazy weather it is hard to tell! So much going around here too.

I have taken this morning to catch up some on my reading. It is kind of cloudy and warm at 62 degrees now, but that makes the house kind of cool. A perfect day to sit with a blanket and read!

This afternoon I am planning to tackle a few chores I have put off. I need to replace the lid and seat on one of my toilets, and clean a ceiling fan. And possibly put together a stand for some T.V. trays.

I am not as ambitious as that sounds, however! We will see! I hope you take it easy and can catch up on your sleep you missed. It can sure make one feel it if you do not sleep well!

Hang in there! :) .. Jan

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger and Jan, Sorry again that I've been away. I've been busy with work and dogs. Lucy (6yo border collie/shepherd) is having blood in her urine. She's on antibiotics, but still straining a lot). Vet said her bladder walls are very thick...could be a big stone but could also be cancer. I'm happy to say that we love and dote on each dog every day. Hoping for the best but, we'll see. I started indoor seeds zucchini, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes. From scaps growing celery, onion, and garlic. The school is preparing for 8th grade graduation. Only two showings at my Indiana house. No feedback. With my house-financial hemorrhage, I can't go through big heroics if Lucy has cancer. Reality hurts sometimes, but we'll see. We had a couple cold days (nights below freezing) but then went back to 70/80s. I've had sinus headaches but no more grapes!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have walked in the house a little for 2K steps and plan to do more later, I was walking slower than usual as I am still feeling poorly. I decided I needed to do some walking as I am sure You lose it when You do not do it for a few days.
    The temperature was 39 degrees out the door. The previous Snowfall lingers on in the backyard where it is shaded by the house. Today's forecast of heavy rain will take care of that.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!

Sure hope you are feeling better and not coming down with something! With this crazy weather it is hard to tell! So much going around here too.

I have taken this morning to catch up some on my reading. It is kind of cloudy and warm at 62 degrees now, but that makes the house kind of cool. A perfect day to sit with a blanket and read!

This afternoon I am planning to tackle a few chores I have put off. I need to replace the lid and seat on one of my toilets, and clean a ceiling fan. And possibly put together a stand for some T.V. trays.

I am not as ambitious as that sounds, however! We will see! I hope you take it easy and can catch up on your sleep you missed. It can sure make one feel it if you do not sleep well!

Hang in there! :) .. Jan
    Hi Jan
    I have come down with something, It was affecting my voice towards the end of the day. That was the bad news, the Good News is that the scale was kind to me despite that.

I stuck my head out the front door this morning as I was curious how it was. The forecast rain is late arriving, however at 7:45 it was starting to mist and there is a raw feel to the air. I might have been tempted to go for a short walk outdoors if I had not slept late.

On the good side doing that replacement is not that hard these days thanks to tutorials all over the internet including YouTube. In my case having had two plumbers in the family I have done it off and on over the years.

I was feeling the lack of sleep yesterday, that is the reason I slept late today :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger and Jan, Sorry again that I've been away. I've been busy with work and dogs. Lucy (6yo border collie/shepherd) is having blood in her urine. She's on antibiotics, but still straining a lot). Vet said her bladder walls are very thick...could be a big stone but could also be cancer. I'm happy to say that we love and dote on each dog every day. Hoping for the best but, we'll see. I started indoor seeds zucchini, cauliflower, and cherry tomatoes. From scaps growing celery, onion, and garlic. The school is preparing for 8th grade graduation. Only two showings at my Indiana house. No feedback. With my house-financial hemorrhage, I can't go through big heroics if Lucy has cancer. Reality hurts sometimes, but we'll see. We had a couple cold days (nights below freezing) but then went back to 70/80s. I've had sinus headaches but no more grapes!

Hi Val
    I'm sorry to hear that Lucy is having these problems, Good Luck that it isn't the big C.

Does your growing season start that early that You are starting seeds already?

Graduation already, not in May or June?

Good News, that it is only sinus headaches?

Good Luck selling the house
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Lucy is getting worse so getting xray on Thursday. I'm officially worried. I don't know when growing season is...plan to keep these inside or at least in containers so i can take them in and out. Only a sinus headache is good for me...compared to a grape! I bought a mega air purifier today. Hope that helps my allergies. Graduation in May! Indiana is frozen and so is the real estate situation.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon Roger!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I hope Lucy will be okay, it sounds worrisome. I am glad she is with you Val, though, and has someone to look after her. I am not a big admirer of putting dogs thru a lot of treatments for cancer. She may have bladder stones. My son's dog did and had very good success with surgery. Not inexpensive, but good outcome. Much less than when I had to remove Chester's teeth. Prayers for a good outcome! Sorry the house is moving slowly. Guess it is not near any military installations? Your seeds will be just as confused as the plants down here, lol! Good move to put them in portable pots! Sorry you are having to work so hard, but glad your daughter is doing well, and looking towards to graduation. A big step to high school! I guess it will be here before you know it!

Boy, Rodger, if 7 am is late, I am in trouble! :# You "sound" a little better, good that you have rested. You look like you had really got some rain on the radar, though sometimes it is hard to tell! Better than snow? Glad your scale was a pleasant experience! :) I wanted to go for Chinese so badly, but I am ready to lose if I am really good for a few days! Decided against it! No way do I have your willpower though, so hopefully things will go well!

Hopefully, you both will be better quickly!!

Good to hear from you, Val! I was just getting ready to check on you! Keep us updated on Lucy! Everyone hang in there, and eat healthily! ...Jan

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have not walked today, I am still feeling poorly.Between the coughing and runny nose I decided I should not go infect others with whatever this is.
    The temperature was 38 degrees this morning, Yesterdays forecast of heavy rain was wrong. We had intermittent light rain and that was all.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I will be brief today, Sorry
    Lucy is getting worse so getting xray on Thursday. I'm officially worried. I don't know when growing season is...plan to keep these inside or at least in containers so i can take them in and out. Only a sinus headache is good for me...compared to a grape! I bought a mega air purifier today. Hope that helps my allergies. Graduation in May! Indiana is frozen and so is the real estate situation.

Hi Val
    I'm sorry to hear that Lucy is worse.

Good Luck with the containerization and selling the House
    Roger
    Hope you feel better soon Roger!

Me To !
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi everybody!

I hope Lucy will be okay, it sounds worrisome. I am glad she is with you Val, though, and has someone to look after her. I am not a big admirer of putting dogs thru a lot of treatments for cancer. She may have bladder stones. My son's dog did and had very good success with surgery. Not inexpensive, but good outcome. Much less than when I had to remove Chester's teeth. Prayers for a good outcome! Sorry the house is moving slowly. Guess it is not near any military installations? Your seeds will be just as confused as the plants down here, lol! Good move to put them in portable pots! Sorry you are having to work so hard, but glad your daughter is doing well, and looking towards to graduation. A big step to high school! I guess it will be here before you know it!

Boy, Rodger, if 7 am is late, I am in trouble! :# You "sound" a little better, good that you have rested. You look like you had really got some rain on the radar, though sometimes it is hard to tell! Better than snow? Glad your scale was a pleasant experience! :) I wanted to go for Chinese so badly, but I am ready to lose if I am really good for a few days! Decided against it! No way do I have your willpower though, so hopefully things will go well!

Hopefully, you both will be better quickly!!

Good to hear from you, Val! I was just getting ready to check on you! Keep us updated on Lucy! Everyone hang in there, and eat healthily! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I felt more or less OK yesterday and was optimistic for today, Alas I was wrong.

The rain did not really amount to much.

Congratulations on once again having this
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/17/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger, hope you feel better....chicken soup and rest!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Lucy (dog) got really bad last night. My vet out on Wednesday so took her to a friend's vet. Great news it is a huge bladder stone. Poor baby. But that has much better prognosis than cancer! Surgery is tomorrow...$2,000 (boy I didn't need that)! I bought a HEPA air purifier to help w my allergies...elated...no sinus headaches since. Hugs to you both! Val