100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I walked today for 6.5K Steps, I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast for a Nor'easter appears to be starting to happen :(
    It started misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad yet. There is a breeze with increasing gusts of wind.

I think I've lost my Marbles just like that trucker I posted about, Going out into the start of a Nor'easter. Fortunately It has slowed down and the brunt of it will be arriving later than originally forecast.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger

WEIRD NEWS
    A Truck Driver Has Lost His Marbles --
    All 38,000 Pounds Of Them
    Oh no.
    01/23/2017 06:06 am ET
    Rebecca Shapiro Senior Editor, The Huffington Post

Clean up on I-465.

A truck carrying 38,000 pounds of marbles lost its trailer in Indianapolis on Saturday morning, causing the contents to spill onto the highway and shoulder near Pendleton Pike.

No injuries were reported, and the lost marbles brought a pop of color to an otherwise bleak winter’s day.

Indiana State Police public information officer Sgt. John Perrine tweeted a photo of the accident:

#Breaking A truck driver has lost his marbles...

Literally, 38,000 pounds of them on I-465 SB at the 41mm

pic.twitter.com/XWHa6Wk8VE
    — Sgt. John Perrine (@ISPIndianapolis) January 21, 2017

One lane of the highway remained closed for hours as crews cleaned up the mess.

From this morning's accident on 465, a trucker literally losing his marbles. This delights me. pic.twitter.com/Xbd2l4jGuW
    — Joe Fenton (@Joe_does_stuff) January 22, 2017

Drive safe out there.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all!

We had some weather again today, but once again lucked out. Apparently the warm gulf air did not reach as far as it could have and we escaped Sat. nite's really bad weather. Poor Georgia, & Fla. did not. They had several tornadoes. Today was okay till about 11:45 am. It was foggy as getout this morning, and as I drove home after church, our siren's went off. I drove to get home, as there was a tornado indicated several towns over. It was a wild ride thru wind and rain and lightening. As I pulled in the drive, the warning was canceled. My entire back yard is a lake, all day. May May has been having the time of her life running thru the water, then wanting to be pet and loved on. Chester does not want to go out, unusual for him!

Val, your plants are awesome! I am impressed by from seed and scraps. You must have a whole green hand, not just thumb! I am glad Lucy is doing better! Bless her heart and her cone, lol! ... That is so frightening about the mall. You just can hardly go anywhere not effected by violence and insanity. ....Sorry about your foot! You are going to have to get up once an hour and house walk a few minutes! :o

Roger, glad you are enjoying your kindle. I love mine, though I buy books too! Amazon just pays for itself, though, in the long run, for me. I use them so much! I just love them.

That is frightening about the skittles being feed to the cows with other junk. And I am paying (or not, as the case may be), how much for beef? Also did not do much good to take out corn syrup from everything, then put it in cows. Our prices are terrible, and ranchers and farmer get nothing. So who is making all the money?...Somebody lost a load of ball bearings this week also. I can't remember where, lol! Clean up nightmare....

You probably made a wise choice getting out and not going Monday! Hope the day is good, in spite of the forecast! Thanks for the station link and posting on the loss. I am on a roll. Probably should not say that, lol! :# ..Take care, Jan ...checking out humor next! :)
    Hi Jan
    Interesting that Chester did not want to go out, Does he like the water usually?
    I hope the lake stays away from Your foundation. Do You have a basement or Storm shelter that could flood?

I Am being frugal :) I figure I am paying enough $$ for prime so why not use the one free rental per month and the free books. There are a lot free with prime. Try this link and see if it works.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st?rh=n:283155,p_85:2470955011,p_n_feature_browse-bin:618073011&qid=1485179756&bbn=283155&sort=price-asc-rank
    If not Go to Books, Kindle Edition and then select price from low to high.

I do buy Real Books. I usually have a ebook I am reading as well as a Paper Book depending on where I am in the house.

Congratulations on Your Streak
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/22/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger

P.S. More humor today :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just pealed a garlic clove and put it in soil. Onion (from scraps) in foreground; then garlic; and cauliflower from seeds in the back.
    8ulns1ncxhyu.jpg
    Hi Val
    Thank You for that Information. It looks like it around time to rotate the tray :)
    We just had a shooting at the nicer of our shopping malls...one dead and six hospitalized...they didn't do anything except to go to the mall on a Sunday afternoon. ☹️

I saw that on the news Sunday evening. As I saw it the shooting was from a robbery. Damn Crooks. So sad You can not even go shopping. I always had a slight worry when working as I was usually alone. A retail location is a target and before I worked retail as a driver we had several drivers robbed. It was not so much that the drivers were targeted, more that they were delivering when robberies happened.
    My left foot is seriously swollen (edema) again....I've been chained to my desk, working 12-hour days all weekend (company just had major layoffs again)!

Good Luck With the Edema and Work
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I saw your weather was slow getting to you. Gives you that chance to get out to walk! It will be interesting to watch it. I love weather.

No, the "lake" is in the far back. The house sits just a little higher. I do not have a basement here. Very, very few basements here. I do not know of anyone who has one. There are some places with storm cellars, though few people have that. I would love to get a storm room, or underground shelter, but they are pretty expensive. I think my water table is kind of high here also, so that might affect something underground being put in. If I do have a tornado, I am kind of hurting as I have no good safe spot. My tub might be safest in my front bathroom. No windows but on an outside north wall where my weather comes in. Not perfect. My hallway has no windows, but the hot water tank and heavy attic ladder are there, so that is probably out. Something wrong with each spot. :/

Chester normally likes to go out and rain or water does not bother him. His sight is pretty bad though and the older he gets, the more he wants to be with somebody. It was really wet and squishy though! The lake is gone by this morning thanks to our 35 mph breezy day. First time I ever heard the wind moaning around the fireplace! Sunny though.

Love the humor postings! :) Do not blow away!!! .. Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8K Steps, It was a little funny too, when I got home and looked at the FitBit it was showing 8,000 steps on the nose :) The temperature was 37 degrees. It is a gloomy looking day and misting while I was out and slowly getting heavier, Not too bad. There is a Moderate breeze and it appears that except for a brief power outage the Nor'easter had little effect here. The Brooks are running strong and somewhat over their banks.

The power was back in time for me to microwave my frozen portions of dinner. If it had stayed off I thinking Diner to avoid opening the freezer and refrigerator.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

I saw your weather was slow getting to you. Gives you that chance to get out to walk! It will be interesting to watch it. I love weather.

No, the "lake" is in the far back. The house sits just a little higher. I do not have a basement here. Very, very few basements here. I do not know of anyone who has one. There are some places with storm cellars, though few people have that. I would love to get a storm room, or underground shelter, but they are pretty expensive. I think my water table is kind of high here also, so that might affect something underground being put in. If I do have a tornado, I am kind of hurting as I have no good safe spot. My tub might be safest in my front bathroom. No windows but on an outside north wall where my weather comes in. Not perfect. My hallway has no windows, but the hot water tank and heavy attic ladder are there, so that is probably out. Something wrong with each spot. :/

Chester normally likes to go out and rain or water does not bother him. His sight is pretty bad though and the older he gets, the more he wants to be with somebody. It was really wet and squishy though! The lake is gone by this morning thanks to our 35 mph breezy day. First time I ever heard the wind moaning around the fireplace! Sunny though.

Love the humor postings! :) Do not blow away!!! .. Jan B)

Hi Jan
    So many of the new homes are on slabs, I'm not sure why a person would want to lose that storage space? A high water table is a good reason for no basement.

Given Your description I'm not sure where would be safe TBH. Maybe a purpose built safe room? Which would not be cheap to do either/

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi. I did rotate me indoor window box! I made a doc appointment tomorrow about my foot. I'm concerned...bloated abdomen too. A friend from work died of a stroke...not overweight, 60, super nice guy. Val
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Val, sorry to hear about your friend from work. That is a really young age. Always good to take your health seriously. Hoping everything will turn out fine. Your job is more stressful than mine was, and it was stressful. You can't help but be concerned about that, though the fact you are vegetarian is a lot of help in that situation.

Roger, I saw where the Hoboken train station (subway?) was flooded. Wasn't that the one just damaged not too long ago? Looks like you escaped the worst of the storm too. We had 7 confirmed tornadoes, all of which were EF 1, with one EF 0. There are a few more assessments to finish. Most damage was to huge old trees and mobile homes, and a couple cars under those trees. Still wet, though drying, and expecting freezing lows come Thursday nite.

I have managed to be just under my 5,000 steps for 3 nites, just because I forgot to check it. I hate when I do that! Hope you are indeed better! Glad you have power! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking for 8.1K Steps + 1cent, It was a little funny too, when I was a block from home on the inbound leg of the walk was when I found the Penny. The temperature is 36 degrees. The big round shiny thing in the sky has made one of its rare appearances :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

Vr3Dy3.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi. I did rotate me indoor window box! I made a doc appointment tomorrow about my foot. I'm concerned...bloated abdomen too. A friend from work died of a stroke...not overweight, 60, super nice guy. Val

Hi Val
    A stroke can happen with no warning signs IMO :(
    I suspect that it can run in some families as do a tendency to Heart Attacks.

Hopefully both of those problems are easy cures. Sometimes bloating can be cured simply with a diet change.

Good Luck at the Doctors
    Roger
    Hi Guys!

Val, sorry to hear about your friend from work. That is a really young age. Always good to take your health seriously. Hoping everything will turn out fine. Your job is more stressful than mine was, and it was stressful. You can't help but be concerned about that, though the fact you are vegetarian is a lot of help in that situation.

Roger, I saw where the Hoboken train station (subway?) was flooded. Wasn't that the one just damaged not too long ago? Looks like you escaped the worst of the storm too. We had 7 confirmed tornadoes, all of which were EF 1, with one EF 0. There are a few more assessments to finish. Most damage was to huge old trees and mobile homes, and a couple cars under those trees. Still wet, though drying, and expecting freezing lows come Thursday nite.

I have managed to be just under my 5,000 steps for 3 nites, just because I forgot to check it. I hate when I do that! Hope you are indeed better! Glad you have power! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Yup, On September 29, 2016, a NJ Transit commuter train crashed at Hoboken Terminal in Hoboken, New Jersey and this from Sandy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOO1R0f36Tw

IMO Tornadoes appear to love Mobile Home parks.

I have had days where I missed my step goal for the same reason :(

Good Luck Today
    New Humor posted too.
    And Congratulations on
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/24/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    At doctor...did a EKG, will then be checking for blood clot in leg. Ordered a stress test. I keep crying. What a difference a year makes...the decline stemmed from the loose Doberman...immobility, uncontrolled pain, depression, weight gain. ☹️
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Some good news. Textbook perfect EKG.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Great news...passed my doppler leg vein analysis. I found that painful at times. No clots!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi all!

Val, that is great news on your ekg and doppler! That should lessen your stress some! Now to get you an alarm to remind you to move and stretch when working and take that break, if only for a few minutes! Sometimes that one event can sure have lasting effects! I think you have done remarkably well given all you have had to handle! :)

Roger, love your funnies! .....Yes, no way I would live down here and not put in a storm shelter if I was in a mobile home. People are strange!...

I have been watching the old Bonanza series. I forgot how good they were, I only remember a few. There are 2 (almost 2) free seasons on Amazon. Also free is Robin Hood with Richard Greene, from BBC for American tv back in the day. That is one of my favorite old shows too.- Back in the day when they did 30 some shows a season. Now they barely crank out 6 or 8 before a hiatus. For as old as they are, they have held up fairly well.

I have had my nights and days a little messed up, lately, and not slept right. Yesterday, I kept falling asleep every time I sat down! Then I have trouble getting to bed at a decent hour. It is pretty bad when your most alert time is only between about 9:30 pm and 2 am! :s

Take care all! .. Hope you find more change, Roger! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Healthy tasty real food dinner... bell peppers mushrooms jalapeño pepper tomatoe avocado plus eggs. 3tfisznk6gcp.jpg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Today's pound lost is from starting Lasix. Legs and chest feel improved.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking for 10.6K Steps, The temperature is 46 degrees. I thought I had felt a couple of dops of rain as I neared the house, Now a few minutes later it has started drizzling. I must have just beat the rain home :)
    It is and has been a dark dreary day out. Walking past the stream below the park I see our Heron is still there fishing in the stream.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Hi Jan
    Congratulations for both of these:
    yesterday
    lost 1 lb since her last weigh-in! Buttons61's lost 15 lbs so far.
    and
    10 hours ago
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/25/2017 and was under her calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    At doctor...did a EKG, will then be checking for blood clot in leg. Ordered a stress test. I keep crying. What a difference a year makes...the decline stemmed from the loose Doberman...immobility, uncontrolled pain, depression, weight gain. ☹️
    Some good news. Textbook perfect EKG.
    Great news...passed my doppler leg vein analysis. I found that painful at times. No clots!
    Today's pound lost is from starting Lasix. Legs and chest feel improved.
    Hi Val
    A pound lost does not care where from IMO. I often bounce up and down from water weight, I have water weight gain if I eat anything from Eateries including Fast Food. I can only guess they all add lots of salt for taste.

Good News regarding all the tests.

Have a Nice Peaceful day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all!

Val, that is great news on your ekg and doppler! That should lessen your stress some! Now to get you an alarm to remind you to move and stretch when working and take that break, if only for a few minutes! Sometimes that one event can sure have lasting effects! I think you have done remarkably well given all you have had to handle! :)

Roger, love your funnies! .....Yes, no way I would live down here and not put in a storm shelter if I was in a mobile home. People are strange!...

I have been watching the old Bonanza series. I forgot how good they were, I only remember a few. There are 2 (almost 2) free seasons on Amazon. Also free is Robin Hood with Richard Greene, from BBC for American tv back in the day. That is one of my favorite old shows too.- Back in the day when they did 30 some shows a season. Now they barely crank out 6 or 8 before a hiatus. For as old as they are, they have held up fairly well.

I have had my nights and days a little messed up, lately, and not slept right. Yesterday, I kept falling asleep every time I sat down! Then I have trouble getting to bed at a decent hour. It is pretty bad when your most alert time is only between about 9:30 pm and 2 am! :s

Take care all! .. Hope you find more change, Roger! Jan

Hi Jan
    That is one way that American TV is different than British TV, even in the 60s they would have 6 to 10 episodes per year. Right now I see that next week many of the network shows are off for a week. Superbowl maybe? I hate the lack of episodes per year and have much more dislike of Cliff Hanger episodes or Continuing Villains. I watched CSI regular for example, Then in the later years I skipped some of them for that reason.

Good Luck getting back on a regular sleep schedule
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi all,

Nice day, chilly nite in the mid 30's. Remembered to cover my honeysuckle, and doing for several nites. So sorry it has been dark and dreary in your neck of the woods, Roger. I was a little tickled though, it sounded like the beginning of a good radio plot!.... Glad to hear someone else hates the continuous villain jags the TV people can get on. A few episodes is fine, then enough is enough! LOL! I slept better this last nite, which is a good thing! :)

Went to sit with my friend with the brain tumor today. She starts another round of chemo in a few days. She was more sleepy, but the phone kept waking her. I also noticed she was having more times of forgetfulness, and trouble with words. :/ I came home, let the dogs out, and went back for our girls gathering at her house, so she can be comfy. We had homemade potato soup, crackers, cheese and fresh fruit with strawberries, pineapple, kiwi and grapes, and some fresh cut cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and carrots. We all brought a little something.The reason I say all this was that two things tickled me. (again, it was that kind of day.) MFP tickled me because they have several varieties of communion wafers I could choose from for my tracker! I thought that was awesome. Our one friend makes our communion bread fresh for every Sunday for our church, and she made us special ones for tonite for us. They are unleavened and just awesome, tonite's with a special texture and size. I just think it is awesome MFP has several to choose calorie wise- Cracked me up! The other was I came home and snacked on a few of my leftovers till really full. What cracked me up was it was the cucumbers and carrots! Healthy! Good for me!! And so unlike me where I could eat a couple sandwiches or pizza till it was gone! It was a nice feeling!

Another friend slipped on some wet flooring at one of the local restaurants this last week during the storms. People had warned them the floors were getting slick, and they were not too fast in responding. Well, down she went, and has fractured a lower shoulder joint bone. Not a good thing. They do not want to do surgery because of her age, and I guess she can kind of do without it. She is around 75 yrs. I think. Thank goodness it is her left and non dominant side. It is the truth when they say to be thankful for your health!

Sorry so wordy!! Glad to be home and tucked in for the nite, so to speak. it was a rough day for the puppies as I was gone all day. They are sacked out utterly exhausted!

Take care! Watch the weather! .. Jan B)