100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    My zucchini seeds are growing! f4wutt1l6jvt.jpg
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I will be brief.

I have not walked today, I am still feeling poorly. Between the occasional coughing and runny nose I decided I should not go infect others with whatever this is. Add in the general feeling of weakness, It is amazing that something You can not even see has the effect on a person :(

The temperature was 39 degrees this morning, a 1 degree increase from yesterday. It is still gloomy looking out the window with cloudy skies. The Sun is forecast to make an appearance This afternoon, It has been a few days too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger, hope you feel better....chicken soup and rest!

Hi Val
    Thanks for jogging my memory, I stopped replying and went to the kitchen and pulled a NS Homestyle Chicken soup and a NS Chicken Noodle Soup out of the cupboard. I will be using One for my midmorning snack and one for my lunch entree.

Just in case is one of the reasons I have them :)
    Lucy (dog) got really bad last night. My vet out on Wednesday so took her to a friend's vet. Great news it is a huge bladder stone. Poor baby. But that has much better prognosis than cancer! Surgery is tomorrow...$2,000 (boy I didn't need that)! I bought a HEPA air purifier to help w my allergies...elated...no sinus headaches since. Hugs to you both! Val

I am sorry that Lucy got bad that quickly, OTOH no Cancer, yea. Probably a lot cheaper than Cancer treatments too.

Congratulations on the fact that the HEPA filter has helped is Good News too.
    My zucchini seeds are growing! f4wutt1l6jvt.jpg

Whee! That did not take long :)

I loved the humor You posted too. I posted Cat and Dog humor this morning.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Roger, I completely agree with your statement about something so small that we can't see it (germs) can make us so sick. I'm so thankful each day for my recently attained sinus health. After 11 months of pain and illness, i have a lot of cleaning, organizing, and repair/maintenance yo cstch up on. Master bathroom is 70% clean (best it's been in a year). Garage- spent 2 hours cutting down boxes and organizing. (I had multiple ceiling high piles if poorly balanced empty boxes. Now there's a path to the door and nothing will fall on us! Kitchen floor is clean! So much to do, but so glad i can!!! Bad hip and back pain nade me stop last night...but feeling better this morning. (Have I mentioned how great my sinuses feel with my HEPA air cleaner!) take care, val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I will be brief.

I have not walked today, Still feeling poorly. I am still feeling weak, It is amazing that something You can not even see has this effect on a person :(
    I hear the noises from the coffee maker have ceased so time to go get some.

The temperature was 42 degrees this morning, a 2 degree increase from yesterday. The Weather is warm enough and I can not get out there walking :( It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is not looking good for any Sunshine today.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Truck company owner charged with evading $1 million in tolls
    [Associated Press]
    Associated PressJanuary 13, 2017

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — The owner of a New Jersey trucking company has been arrested while trying to board a flight to Aruba and charged with racking up more than $1 million of unpaid tolls and fees.

State police say Little Ferry resident Lester Morales was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport on Thursday.

Police say Morales' EAB Transport LLC/Do it Right Trucking had 100 trucks going through tolls with a delinquent E-ZPass automatic payment account more than 100 times per day.

Morales is being held without bail at the Middlesex County jail and can't be reached there for comment.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger, I completely agree with your statement about something so small that we can't see it (germs) can make us so sick. I'm so thankful each day for my recently attained sinus health. After 11 months of pain and illness, i have a lot of cleaning, organizing, and repair/maintenance yo cstch up on. Master bathroom is 70% clean (best it's been in a year). Garage- spent 2 hours cutting down boxes and organizing. (I had multiple ceiling high piles if poorly balanced empty boxes. Now there's a path to the door and nothing will fall on us! Kitchen floor is clean! So much to do, but so glad i can!!! Bad hip and back pain nade me stop last night...but feeling better this morning. (Have I mentioned how great my sinuses feel with my HEPA air cleaner!) take care, val

Hi Val
    Don't remind me :) I had planned to clean the bathrooms this week. Feeling this way that has dropped off my to do list. I try and do a look through the house and break down any boxes the day before recycling is picked up.

Congratulations of feeling good and getting things done
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Val, it is good to hear you are feeling so much better! It feels good to get those longstanding chores done! Not that I have vast experience! Keep us updated on Lucy!

Roger, so sorry this had hit you hard! Hopefully you will be on the mend here soon. The more you rest, the better it will be, even if you sure do not want to. Coming back too soon is never a good thing in the long run.

Amazing about the trucking co. I wondered why they had waited until the fine was so huge, but with a fleet of trucks like that, I guess fines would rack up pretty quickly. People never cease to amaze me!

Have to buy a new rain gauge. Mine cracked during the last cold spell, but was holding water. I went this morning to look after our big rain and thunderstorms, and a whole piece had fallen out at the bottom. No rain total! That will teach me to empty or remove the gauge when we have sleet storms, then cold..duh. :s

Love all the funnies you posted! Thank you for the uplift! I do have to go out to get popcorn of all things. Can't diet long without it!

Take it easy and hope you start to feel much better! :) ...Jan

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I have not walked today, OTOH I am feeling somewhat better. The temperature was 43 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is a gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today.Then For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

An Entire Mall in Pennsylvania Was Just Sold For $100
    Zamira Rahim
    Updated: Jan 19, 2017 4:39 PM UTC

A 1.1 million-square foot mall in Pennsylvania has been sold for an astonishing $100 at auction.

The Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills Mall, one of the largest in the state, was bought by Wells Fargo Bank, which foreclosed on the property last year, WPXI-TV reports. The bank was the only bidder for the property at the auction, the station reported, adding that Wells Fargo "essentially brought the mall from itself."

The mall, located about 20 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, was once worth $190 million but recently appraised at just $11 million. It was opened in 2005 after being developed by Zamias Services and Mills Corp., a Virginia firm that has since gone bankrupt.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Val, it is good to hear you are feeling so much better! It feels good to get those longstanding chores done! Not that I have vast experience! Keep us updated on Lucy!

Roger, so sorry this had hit you hard! Hopefully you will be on the mend here soon. The more you rest, the better it will be, even if you sure do not want to. Coming back too soon is never a good thing in the long run.

Amazing about the trucking co. I wondered why they had waited until the fine was so huge, but with a fleet of trucks like that, I guess fines would rack up pretty quickly. People never cease to amaze me!

Have to buy a new rain gauge. Mine cracked during the last cold spell, but was holding water. I went this morning to look after our big rain and thunderstorms, and a whole piece had fallen out at the bottom. No rain total! That will teach me to empty or remove the gauge when we have sleet storms, then cold..duh. :s

Love all the funnies you posted! Thank you for the uplift! I do have to go out to get popcorn of all things. Can't diet long without it!

Take it easy and hope you start to feel much better! :) ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    I keep both types of the NS popcorn on hand for sort of thing :)

We learn from experience... I had two guesses, No money to pay for it or sheer audacity.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Again
    Congratulations on these two
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/20/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    burned 113 calories doing 20 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace

The visibility was down this morning here too :) It did sort of rain overnight.
    Currently 43° F RealFeel® 50° Cloudy and tomorrow, Sunday, Day 51°Hi RealFeel® 49° Precipitation 55%
    A thick cloud cover; areas of fog in the morning, then occasional rain and drizzle in the afternoon and on Monday
    44°Hi RealFeel® 30° Precipitation 80%
    Rain of varying rates, windy and cooler possible flooding on streets and poor drainage areas.

I have been getting more usage out of My bought on sale Kindle. I have loaded a bunch of free books onto it available via Amazon. Although free may be a Misnomer. They are free with Prime :)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!

Sounds like you are rounding third base on getting well! I think this gloomy weather makes everyone feel a little worse for wear.

I had a whole 5 hours of sleep, except minus the times I was interrupted, three times for severe thunderstorms and twice for tornado warnings, on my weather radio. We had really severe lightening, and there were 3 separate tornadoes that did damage north of me. I think I slept from about 2pm till 3:30 and an hour or two before 7am. Seemed like light damage, though have not seen a report yet. I do not think we were hit like poor Hattiesburg, Miss. They are always getting hit. :( I think I got between 3-4 inches of rain. No gauge yet, it comes in Tues. from Amazon. I have to not order on Friday to avoid Sunday delivery, as the Sunday people can not seem to find my house correctly. Just seems easier in the long run, lol!

Sounds like you better not get out Monday either! We are supposed to have another round of storms tonite after 8 pm, possibly worse than last nite. I have not yet checked the latest update.

Odd story about the mall. We had one like that. Business moved out and crime there was escalating.No one went because of newer places being built in faster growing neighborhoods. luckily, the city was able to buy it and turned it into a substation for police and fire. Worked pretty well. ..Take care, be "lazy" still! ..Jan :)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi All. Roger-so glad you're health is improving...you're such a cornerstone here keeping us together. Hi Jan, so glad the tornadoes didn't impact you directly, well, except interrupted sleep. I've been working on a problematic document...going to the client Monday! It's a real mess. Lucy is improving. She hates the cone of shame and it's adding a lot of work for me to ensure she eats drinks and relieves herself...while not playing with her brothers. But this will pass. She really is a sweet girl. My garlic, onion, and celery are doing well... and my zucchini is amazing. r1kcsc7rs794.jpg
  • RogerToo
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I have walked today for 5K steps, I was feeling somewhat better and I did need Bananas for Tuesday and with the Nor'easter in the forecast for Monday... I went out today. The temperature was 46 degrees. The Weather is warmer than normal lately. It is another gloomy looking day and the forecast is minimal if any Sunshine today. For Monday the forecast is for a Nor'easter, colder, windy, rainy.

I just looked at the Calendar and Social Security will be nice and early for the next two months on the 8th.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger

River of red Skittles coats Wisconsin highway
    Published 8:37 p.m. CT Jan. 18, 2017 | Updated 9:59 a.m. CT Jan. 19, 2017

A rain-soaked box aboard a flatbed pickup truck ruptured in Dodge County, coating a stretch of County Highway S in Beaver Dam with hundreds of thousands of red Skittles, the sheriff's office reported Wednesday.

Sheriff's deputies discovered the candy-covered roadway shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday near Blackbird Road, according to a post on the Dodge County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

The Dodge County Highway Department was called to clean up the candy-coated shells - packed with such yummy ingredients as sugar, corn syrup, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, tapioca dextrin, sodium citrate and carnauba wax - which were intended to be cattle feed because they did not make the cut for packaging, according to the sheriff's office.

As the price of corn increased in recent years, some farmers have turned to discarded food products to feed their cows.

According to a 2012 Reuters report: "In the mix are cookies, gummy worms, marshmallows, fruit loops, orange peels, even dried cranberries. Cattlemen are feeding virtually anything they can get their hands on that will replace the starchy sugar content traditionally delivered to the animals through corn."

And, apparently, that includes red Skittles.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

Sounds like you are rounding third base on getting well! I think this gloomy weather makes everyone feel a little worse for wear.

I had a whole 5 hours of sleep, except minus the times I was interrupted, three times for severe thunderstorms and twice for tornado warnings, on my weather radio. We had really severe lightening, and there were 3 separate tornadoes that did damage north of me. I think I slept from about 2pm till 3:30 and an hour or two before 7am. Seemed like light damage, though have not seen a report yet. I do not think we were hit like poor Hattiesburg, Miss. They are always getting hit. :( I think I got between 3-4 inches of rain. No gauge yet, it comes in Tues. from Amazon. I have to not order on Friday to avoid Sunday delivery, as the Sunday people can not seem to find my house correctly. Just seems easier in the long run, lol!

Sounds like you better not get out Monday either! We are supposed to have another round of storms tonite after 8 pm, possibly worse than last nite. I have not yet checked the latest update.

Odd story about the mall. We had one like that. Business moved out and crime there was escalating.No one went because of newer places being built in faster growing neighborhoods. luckily, the city was able to buy it and turned it into a substation for police and fire. Worked pretty well. ..Take care, be "lazy" still! ..Jan :)

Hi Jan
    I hope I am on the road to well :) Tomorrow will tell the tale of Did I do right getting out today or should I have waited until Tuesday.

I'm sorry to hear that Your weather had and impact on You, It could have been worse from the sound of it.

Where I am I get Amazon Deliveries three, Four?, different ways, FedEx Direct or via transfer to the USPS, UPS and Amazon does some of their own deliveries too.

What Tweaked my interest was the bit about one $100 bid from Wells Fargo themselves. There is something not being told either they did not advertise it properly or there were strings attached to the purchase, if there is a third possibility it has not occurred to me yet.

FWIW I plan to add more humorous images in a little while.

If You are curious about the weather in my area You can listen to a live stream for NJ 101.5 here.
    http://nj1015.com/listen-live/popup/
    NJ1015.com, the website of New Jersey 101.5, WKXW-FM Radio, with the best news, weather and traffic coverage in New Jersey. ... Crime, Newsletter

Good Luck with the Upcoming weather
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All. Roger-so glad you're health is improving...you're such a cornerstone here keeping us together. Hi Jan, so glad the tornadoes didn't impact you directly, well, except interrupted sleep. I've been working on a problematic document...going to the client Monday! It's a real mess. Lucy is improving. She hates the cone of shame and it's adding a lot of work for me to ensure she eats drinks and relieves herself...while not playing with her brothers. But this will pass. She really is a sweet girl. My garlic, onion, and celery are doing well... and my zucchini is amazing. r1kcsc7rs794.jpg
    Hi Val
    It is the people here that keep me coming back, Thank You :)

Just curious about the Garlic, Did You buy garlic plants or did You have some that had sprouted?

That is Good News that Lucy is improving.

Good Luck with that Document
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan, Again
    Congratulations on these that I noticed today
    completed her food and exercise diary for 1/21/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    And
    lost 1 lb since her last weigh-in! Buttons61's lost 14 lbs so far.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I just pealed a garlic clovr and put it in soil. Onion (from scraps) in foreground; then garlic; and cauliflower from seeds in the back.
    8ulns1ncxhyu.jpg
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    We just had a shooting at the nicer of our shopping malls...one dead and six hospitalized...they didn't do anything except to go to the mall on a Sunday afternoon. ☹️
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My left foot is seriously swollen (edema) again....I've been chained to my desk, working 12-hour days all weekend (company just had major layoffs again)!
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi all!

We had some weather again today, but once again lucked out. Apparently the warm gulf air did not reach as far as it could have and we escaped Sat. nite's really bad weather. Poor Georgia, & Fla. did not. They had several tornadoes. Today was okay till about 11:45 am. It was foggy as getout this morning, and as I drove home after church, our siren's went off. I drove to get home, as there was a tornado indicated several towns over. It was a wild ride thru wind and rain and lightening. As I pulled in the drive, the warning was canceled. My entire back yard is a lake, all day. May May has been having the time of her life running thru the water, then wanting to be pet and loved on. Chester does not want to go out, unusual for him!

Val, your plants are awesome! I am impressed by from seed and scraps. You must have a whole green hand, not just thumb! I am glad Lucy is doing better! Bless her heart and her cone, lol! ... That is so frightening about the mall. You just can hardly go anywhere not effected by violence and insanity. ....Sorry about your foot! You are going to have to get up once an hour and house walk a few minutes! :o

Roger, glad you are enjoying your kindle. I love mine, though I buy books too! Amazon just pays for itself, though, in the long run, for me. I use them so much! I just love them.

That is frightening about the skittles being feed to the cows with other junk. And I am paying (or not, as the case may be), how much for beef? Also did not do much good to take out corn syrup from everything, then put it in cows. Our prices are terrible, and ranchers and farmer get nothing. So who is making all the money?...Somebody lost a load of ball bearings this week also. I can't remember where, lol! Clean up nightmare....

You probably made a wise choice getting out and not going Monday! Hope the day is good, in spite of the forecast! Thanks for the station link and posting on the loss. I am on a roll. Probably should not say that, lol! :# ..Take care, Jan ...checking out humor next! :)