100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7,881steps so far. The temperature was 56 degrees vs 46 degrees yesterday and was tolerable for walking. I Only wore the Hoodie and was still overdressed :( It had rained overnight and the humidity felt like it was up too.
    From MFP on February 28, 2017 1:03PM
    We are seeing a few issues at the moment as a result of an outage with AWS (Amazon Web Services). Users may notice errors when trying to sync or in uploading or deleting images. We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Please try again soon.

Also from our forum provider who is experiencing related issues (as are most sites at the moment)

Amazon S3 continues to suffer from a prolonged outage, affecting Vanilla's ability to process file uploads and serve some CDN content.

February is now in the record books as the warmest February on record :)
    Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning!

I am a little behind ! I washed Chester yesterday and thought I had him stuck in the tub. He is really hard to lift, and I can not do it too well anymore! I was out for the day, I felt!! I am going today to take him to the vet for his yearly shots, though they are not quite yearly anymore! It is an all day operation!

Yep, Mardi Gras is a big thing down here. I remember having hot cross buns around this time. Probably closer to Easter. You do not see them anymore. Pancakes sound good! :)

Great job on your steps yesterday! You done good!!

Humor was great, and I am headed that way to see the newest one!

Supposed to be 80 today, but my heat is cycling and it is cold, grey and foggy. The fog is nice! I am not seeing 80! :D

For now I am doing Paleo. My daughter got me a great slow cooker book, with great recipes. I like the no additive, no sugar aspect and can feel the difference. I eat some diary though, so not true paleo. And I eat mine cooked, not a raw paleo person. It is great due to the high protein, and the good fats are satisfying. I think that and good quality food is why most of my cravings stop and I have greater will power. I will add something if I really want something off it, but so far, I have been fine. We will see! I am wanting a small hamburger with a bun, but I have a new paleo biscuit recipe that looks promising, so I will try that! I definitely felt better in like 3 days getting off sugar and additives! It really is a low low carb diet, lol!

Take care- headed for the Montgomery zoo freeway!-- ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    An all day chore, Yuck :)

Ah, Hot Cross Buns, I remember them, At some point in time they will likely be back as something old becomes new again.

I pulled a two pack of White Castle Hamburgers @ 270 caories out of the freezer that I had bought at the dollar store added a slice of Velveeta @ 40 calories and some Ketchup and used them for lunch Yesterday as I was also feeling like I wanted a Hamburger. White Castles are not quite the usual hamburger of course.
    Just in case a little history would be interesting just click on Spoiler.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)
    White Castle is an American regional hamburger restaurant chain in the Midwestern and Mid-Atlantic United States, generally credited as the country's first fast-food chain. It is known for its small, square hamburgers. Sometimes referred to as "sliders", the burgers were priced at five cents until the 1940s and remained at ten cents for years thereafter. For several years, when the original burgers sold for five cents, White Castle periodically ran promotional ads in local newspapers which contained coupons offering five burgers for ten cents, takeout only.

small, frozen square patties (originally supplied by Swift & Company) which are cooked atop a bed of rehydrated onions laid out on a grill. The heat and steam rise up from the grill, through the onions. In 1951, five holes in the patty were added to facilitate quick and thorough cooking. The very thin patties are not flipped throughout this process.

Good Luck With the Paleo, Slow Cooking, sounds like a Crock Pot is used.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jan- I love your idea about my lying down with my feet up on the wall...but then I worry if i were to get stuck like that. Well...I have to go back to DC this summer and meet even more executive managers....so I have to at least get back down to last year's size. I'm being considered for a newly created position that would have way more corporate visibility. I'd even have my own box on the org chart! Yesterday the company president (three levels above me) contacted me directly asking for specific data. So I sent it to her. Today her direct report (two levels above me) told my boss that she was irked that i excluded her. Lovely. My boss took the heat but said anytime the top wants something to include all the middle. That's why i love being a do-er rather than a manager! My edema is minimal even though I'm off Lasiks so that's good. Garden growing! And I stockpiled dry beans (16 pounds)!

Hi Val
    FWIW if I were going to put my feet up on the wall I would do it laying on the bed for comfort with padding on my back and a easy get back up when I was done.

I tries being a Boss and did not care for it TBH.

Good Luck getting the New Position
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7,881steps so far. The temperature was 56 degrees vs 46 degrees yesterday and was tolerable for walking. I Only wore the Hoodie and was still overdressed :( It had rained overnight and the humidity felt like it was up too.
    From MFP on February 28, 2017 1:03PM
    We are seeing a few issues at the moment as a result of an outage with AWS (Amazon Web Services). Users may notice errors when trying to sync or in uploading or deleting images. We hope to have this resolved as quickly as possible. Please try again soon.

Also from our forum provider who is experiencing related issues (as are most sites at the moment)

Amazon S3 continues to suffer from a prolonged outage, affecting Vanilla's ability to process file uploads and serve some CDN content.

February is now in the record books as the warmest February on record :)
    Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Jan- I love your idea about my lying down with my feet up on the wall...but then I worry if i were to get stuck like that. Well...I have to go back to DC this summer and meet even more executive managers....so I have to at least get back down to last year's size. I'm being considered for a newly created position that would have way more corporate visibility. I'd even have my own box on the org chart! Yesterday the company president (three levels above me) contacted me directly asking for specific data. So I sent it to her. Today her direct report (two levels above me) told my boss that she was irked that i excluded her. Lovely. My boss took the heat but said anytime the top wants something to include all the middle. That's why i love being a do-er rather than a manager! My edema is minimal even though I'm off Lasiks so that's good. Garden growing! And I stockpiled dry beans (16 pounds)!

I have to admit I laughed out loud about getting stuck on the floor by the wall and scared the dogs... Though an excellent way to meet paramedics! You know of course as I am sitting, all these positions of exercise seem possible! I can not get on the floor at this moment, though when I was going to yoga, I could and did fairly well. I had stopped when my stepmother had surgery, then have been plagued by the shoulder problem and gout and have not got back! I was going to suggest the bed, but Roger beat me to it! Not surprising as he is the guru of good ideas. Up the arm rests of a couch might work with a pillow, too. :)

I am glad you are off the med and your edema is better! Does this new position come with a pay raise? ;) (just re-read it to proof and I meant the job!) I crack me up! You will probably learn to negotiate your way among those people! Just learn from it till you do if it happens! You are pretty reliable so your hard work should impress! <3 ...Jan B) edited 101 times..
  • Buttons61
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning!

I did not get up this morning till 9:45! Boy it felt good. I slept a whole 8 hrs and change. I think I was so tired I just slept thru May's usual wake-up, and Chester and I were really snoozing. I loved it! I have a bunch to do as I get caught up, give May her bath, go shop, and go to church for Ash Weds. if it is not storming by then! :D

I am kind of excited I lost a pound! I ate supper last night at almost 9:30 at night when I tracked my lunch and was short calories again. I was just too tired to get up and fix something at dinner time! I went fast, and had a sirloin patty with an over easy egg on top and a couple of sauteed cherry tomatoes. Lot of protein and not much carb. Losing this am was a treat!
    One more pound and I will be at my lowest in more than a year! I have 4.5 days till vacation, which is good. I wish I was not at quite so critical point a point though as I am not quite sure how I will work this diet when I go. As long as I adhere to weight watcher type if I Get into carbs, I hope to stay at least the same! I plan to take paleo type snacks for the road, when it is hard to get healthy type things on the road. And limit a carb to dinner, which may be a treat in NOLA. If I can plan well, I hope to do okay!

I remember white castle fondly! We lived by a Royal Castle that was almost the same thing, and had their birch beer root beer. I can still savor 55 years later! :p

It warmed nicely for your walk! But yes, unseasonable! It does not surprise me you set a record! When is your reg. planting dates up there Roger?

My biscuits are a go! I have trouble as there is no calorie count and is high as it used all almond flour. But they are good. I figured more than a regular biscuit, and had 2 actually so I had a top and bottom bun! They are a cross between tasting like wheat bread and a not sweet almond cookie; the side bottom gets a little crunchy like you grilled it. It worked, and I still lost that pound! (It was my breakfast.) :) It has almond flour, butter, B.P.,salt, sour cream, cheddar cheese and garlic powder. I figured 200 calories, a piece , so I was not hungry all day really! Had 100 calories left at the end of the day, so that might have helped if they run more. If they sit, you can slice one, as they are a little taller than those thin bagels! Much prefer the almond flour over the coconut, unless you might have pork like a Thai or Hawaiian type dish.

Take care all! Vet in am again! May May's turn! :smile: Have a good Thurs. ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Jan-congrats on losing that pound and being so close to your lowest weight. That's awesome! On our road trips, we usually eat at Subway....i love the chopped salads...fresh, tasty, and low calorie. Also congrats on sleeping so soundly.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Roger- kudos to you for consistency and perseverance through all types of weather and consistent food choices. I haven't been doing those things...that's for showing the way.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 6k steps so far. The temperature was 51 degrees vs 56 degrees yesterday and was tolerable for walking. I short circuited my walk today due to the high wind gusts. It was not the Windchill that was the reason, It was the wind blowing me around and not being a steady wind made it worse.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Still more humor posted today.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have to admit I laughed out loud about getting stuck on the floor by the wall and scared the dogs... Though an excellent way to meet paramedics! You know of course as I am sitting, all these positions of exercise seem possible! I can not get on the floor at this moment, though when I was going to yoga, I could and did fairly well. I had stopped when my stepmother had surgery, then have been plagued by the shoulder problem and gout and have not got back! I was going to suggest the bed, but Roger beat me to it! Not surprising as he is the guru of good ideas. Up the arm rests of a couch might work with a pillow, too. :)

I am glad you are off the med and your edema is better! Does this new position come with a pay raise? ;) (just re-read it to proof and I meant the job!) I crack me up! You will probably learn to negotiate your way among those people! Just learn from it till you do if it happens! You are pretty reliable so your hard work should impress! <3 ...Jan B) edited 101 times..
    Hi Jan
    Me a Guru? Far from it. Just drawing on Life Experience :)
    Good morning!

I did not get up this morning till 9:45! Boy it felt good. I slept a whole 8 hrs and change. I think I was so tired I just slept thru May's usual wake-up, and Chester and I were really snoozing. I loved it! I have a bunch to do as I get caught up, give May her bath, go shop, and go to church for Ash Weds. if it is not storming by then! :D

I am kind of excited I lost a pound! I ate supper last night at almost 9:30 at night when I tracked my lunch and was short calories again. I was just too tired to get up and fix something at dinner time! I went fast, and had a sirloin patty with an over easy egg on top and a couple of sauteed cherry tomatoes. Lot of protein and not much carb. Losing this am was a treat!
    One more pound and I will be at my lowest in more than a year! I have 4.5 days till vacation, which is good. I wish I was not at quite so critical point a point though as I am not quite sure how I will work this diet when I go. As long as I adhere to weight watcher type if I Get into carbs, I hope to stay at least the same! I plan to take paleo type snacks for the road, when it is hard to get healthy type things on the road. And limit a carb to dinner, which may be a treat in NOLA. If I can plan well, I hope to do okay!

I remember white castle fondly! We lived by a Royal Castle that was almost the same thing, and had their birch beer root beer. I can still savor 55 years later! :p

It warmed nicely for your walk! But yes, unseasonable! It does not surprise me you set a record! When is your reg. planting dates up there Roger?

My biscuits are a go! I have trouble as there is no calorie count and is high as it used all almond flour. But they are good. I figured more than a regular biscuit, and had 2 actually so I had a top and bottom bun! They are a cross between tasting like wheat bread and a not sweet almond cookie; the side bottom gets a little crunchy like you grilled it. It worked, and I still lost that pound! (It was my breakfast.) :) It has almond flour, butter, B.P.,salt, sour cream, cheddar cheese and garlic powder. I figured 200 calories, a piece , so I was not hungry all day really! Had 100 calories left at the end of the day, so that might have helped if they run more. If they sit, you can slice one, as they are a little taller than those thin bagels! Much prefer the almond flour over the coconut, unless you might have pork like a Thai or Hawaiian type dish.

Take care all! Vet in am again! May May's turn! :smile: Have a good Thurs. ...Jan

Good Luck while On vacation. It can be done even in NOLA :)
    You could try researching eating locations on the Internet prior to going and manage food that way.

Did You post the Biscuit Recipe?
    I am sure I would like a crunchy Bottom as I like crunchy foods.

Congratulations on the Weight Loss and being Under on Calories.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Jan-congrats on losing that pound and being so close to your lowest weight. That's awesome! On our road trips, we usually eat at Subway....i love the chopped salads...fresh, tasty, and low calorie. Also congrats on sleeping so soundly.

Hi Val
    I Agree Jan is doing great.
    I had not though f Subway as having anything low calorie :)
    Roger- kudos to you for consistency and perseverance through all types of weather and consistent food choices. I haven't been doing those things...that's for showing the way.

Well, I blew my perseverance at attaining my distance today. The wind was bothering me too much.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, everybody! That means a lot! <3

It is incredibly windy here too. I gave up on playing catch this morning as I was freezing! It was 40 degrees with hefty gusts, too, compared to 83 degrees yesterday! March is doing it's lion thing!

Subway is great and many sandwiches and salads fit nicely into diet plans. :)

I am not sure if that biscuit will help you out Roger! Remember, it will be a little high calorie and to loseor maintain you must eat with a really low carb meal, like meat and a green veg or low carb fruit, not a starchy one. Also the flour is costly, but it does last! I am thinking as long as you have 3-4 hours between meals it would be okay, because Thin Healthy Mama allows higher carb meals with their lower carb meals, if separated. (That prevents the carb from causing fat, and not using fat as fuel.) They are also a no sugar, pretty much no additive life style. Is that all clear as mud, lol? :D

Low Carb Biscuits-- 400 degrees Spray pan. (I use olive oil, no corn spray, fyi)

1 1/2 cups almond flour
    1/4 teas salt
    1 Tbs. BP
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup full fat sour cream
    4 Tbs. butter melted, unsalted
    1/3 cup shredded cheese I used full fat cheddar
    1/2 teas. garlic powder

Combine dry ingredients with fork. Combine wet ingredients well. It will look like pancake batter. Mix wet to dry ingredients, like a biscuit. Add cheese. Drop in pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. I used a cookies sheet and got 6 biscuits. I spread them flat a tinch so I could use the size for my hamburger. Leftovers heat well in the microwave in a few seconds, and they keeps well in the fridge. can eat cold, but I liked the chill off.

Keep in mind this is a white flour alternative, not KFC! Best I found so far! :smile:

What I LOVE is the full fats have really stopped all cravings in it's tracks and my body has ceased fighting to get those carbs, and is happy with the healthy and full fats. I have felt full, a miracle. and not finished a plate, another miracle that never happens! I can tell it is adjusting my body's levels that I blew out with yo yo dieting, additives, and fake sugars.

Well, to humor and vet! :) ..Thanks again all! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 5.6k steps so far, since I will be going back out after the Bank opens I expect to have my step goal in later no problem. The temperature was 31 degrees vs 51 degrees yesterday and was a bit nippy for walking.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement, everybody! That means a lot! <3

It is incredibly windy here too. I gave up on playing catch this morning as I was freezing! It was 40 degrees with hefty gusts, too, compared to 83 degrees yesterday! March is doing it's lion thing!

Subway is great and many sandwiches and salads fit nicely into diet plans. :)

I am not sure if that biscuit will help you out Roger! Remember, it will be a little high calorie and to loseor maintain you must eat with a really low carb meal, like meat and a green veg or low carb fruit, not a starchy one. Also the flour is costly, but it does last! I am thinking as long as you have 3-4 hours between meals it would be okay, because Thin Healthy Mama allows higher carb meals with their lower carb meals, if separated. (That prevents the carb from causing fat, and not using fat as fuel.) They are also a no sugar, pretty much no additive life style. Is that all clear as mud, lol? :D

Low Carb Biscuits-- 400 degrees Spray pan. (I use olive oil, no corn spray, fyi)

1 1/2 cups almond flour
    1/4 teas salt
    1 Tbs. BP
    2 eggs
    1/3 cup full fat sour cream
    4 Tbs. butter melted, unsalted
    1/3 cup shredded cheese I used full fat cheddar
    1/2 teas. garlic powder

Combine dry ingredients with fork. Combine wet ingredients well. It will look like pancake batter. Mix wet to dry ingredients, like a biscuit. Add cheese. Drop in pan. Bake 10-12 minutes. I used a cookies sheet and got 6 biscuits. I spread them flat a tinch so I could use the size for my hamburger. Leftovers heat well in the microwave in a few seconds, and they keeps well in the fridge. can eat cold, but I liked the chill off.

Keep in mind this is a white flour alternative, not KFC! Best I found so far! :smile:

What I LOVE is the full fats have really stopped all cravings in it's tracks and my body has ceased fighting to get those carbs, and is happy with the healthy and full fats. I have felt full, a miracle. and not finished a plate, another miracle that never happens! I can tell it is adjusting my body's levels that I blew out with yo yo dieting, additives, and fake sugars.

Well, to humor and vet! :) ..Thanks again all! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    Speaking of Subway more on the web page...
    http://bgr.com/2017/03/01/subway-chicken-sandwich-dna-50/
    Spoiler Alert: Subway chicken sandwiches are only 50% chicken, but they’re still 100% delicious
    According to a troubling report from the CBC, DNA testing on Subway’s oven-roasted chicken found that the patty only contains about 50% chicken. As for what comprises the remaining 50%, well, let’s just say I’d rather not know. The oven-roasted chicken, though, wasn’t the only offending item on Subway’s menu. Similar DNA testing found Subway’s Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki strips are only 42% chicken.

While it’s not realistic to expect a menu item at a fast food joint to be 100% pure chicken — marinades and other add-ons can easily dilute the results — 40% is simply inexcusable. Subway’s performance here is even more glaring given that chicken dishes tested at other fast food establishments scored much higher. McDonald’s grilled Country Chicken sandwich, for example, was found to be about 85% chicken.

Subway has since come out and refuted the CBC’s findings, while at the same time promising to look into the matter.

“The accusations made by CBC Marketplace about the content of our chicken are absolutely false and misleading,” Subway said in a statement provided to Consumer Affairs. “Our chicken is 100% white meat with seasonings, marinated and delivered to our stores as a finished, cooked product.

Thank You for the recipe, However either I am having a senior moment or... What is the BP in this item 1 Tbs. BP

Congratulations for this and days logged in
    7 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/02/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Have a great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Val
    I hope Your weather and Day are Good
    Roger

Before I forget
    Even more humor posted today.
  • Buttons61
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi!

Roger, I think I am having more than senior moments, they are like senior episodes, lol! The BP is baking powder. I was not very clear on that, sorry! :#

This weather is the craziest! Although at the moment it is more seasonable down here. That means we will change outfits 10 times a day trying to be comfortable!

Cleaning house today. It is a disaster! But all the puppies are shot and various viruses appropriate. And relatively clean.

I can not open my side house door. The lock will sometimes not unlock, but usually I can jimmy it free. Not this morning! I had to go out the back door, which confused the heck out of the dogs. Their doggie door is in the side door, and they had to find me this am, lol! Guess I will be installing a brand new door handle there! :*

Sure hope the rest of Subway's missing chicken is soy, Roger! Who would do all that testing though, and not test the mystery meat part? Hope it isn't horse meat like they found in England.

On to cleaning, and humor! Have a great Day!!! :) .. Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan
    OTOH it is March and that means changeable weather :)

I suspect that changing the Lock should not be too hard depending on what type You have,

The One we have on the front door opens from the inside no matter if it is Locked or unlocked, A nice feature.

FWIW Subway says its testing shows Chicken
    http://www.grubstreet.com/2017/03/subway-releases-own-study-claiming-its-chicken-is-chicken.html
    However Arstechnica says the rest is mostly Soy
    Here: https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/03/food-scientists-weigh-in-on-50-subway-chicken-test-its-100-weird/

Have a Good Day despite the cleaning
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7k steps. The temperature was 21 degrees vs 31 degrees yesterday and was a bit nippy for walking, The Feel of the temperature was about the same as yesterday due to little wind so far. We had a dusting of snow yesterday by 8PM which has mostly disappeared overnight with traces showing on lawns.

From Here: https://taxfoundation.org/how-high-are-property-taxes-your-state/
    Also they have a map showing states rates :)
    New Jersey has the highest effective rate at 2.38% and is followed closely by Illinois (2.32%), New Hampshire (2.15%), and Connecticut (1.98%). On the other end of the spectrum, Hawaii has the lowest effective rate at 0.28%, and is followed closely by Alabama (0.43%), Louisiana (0.51%), and Delaware (0.55%). How does your state compare?

Yea, We are Number One :(
    Not a number one I wanted to see either.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi Jan
    I did have a stray thought and thought I'd share it :)
    That is the Almond Flour should be more nutritious than Regular Flour.
    From Here: http://www.bobsredmill.com/almond-meal-flour.html
    Plenty of recipes there too.
    Almond Flour is ground from whole, blanched sweet almonds. Almonds are notoriously healthy nuts providing a good amount of manganese and vitamin E , as well as a healthy serving of monounsaturated fats in each 1/4 cup serving. Not only do almonds have a healthy boost of protein, they are also very low in carbohydrates and inherently gluten free.
    And from here Nutrition Information: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/custom/2419135/2

Congratulations on Your continuing achievement!
    9 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/03/2017 and was under her calorie goal.
    Roger

P.S. Lucky You at 0.43% in the property tax chart I linked above :)