100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

I am home, and I get the dogs on Saturday. I had a great time, but I am glad to be home. It was a good vacation, and I would go again. In fact to see it, you really must see it lots of times! The people are really really friendly. I think if I walked anymore, I would just fall apart, lol! I came home and fell asleep solid for about 2 and1/2 hours.

The WW2 Museum was just awesome, and very touching. We only saw about half of it because it was so big. The movie you see is a 4D hour long movie covering the war, narrated by Tom Hanks, and was well done, and scary at times. I would have paid an extra price to keep sitting in the theater seats.

We figured how to ride the trolley. That was fun, though not getting up and down. The first step is a regular bus step, but the second is about the height of 3 steps, I had to practically crawl up, and I just killed my knees. By nite end I could not walk.

Loved the food, but could not eat another bread pudding. I did have a muffaletta at Johnnys Poor Boys and they had over 30 different poor boy offerings I think. I was torn between alligator, crab, shrimp, or oyster, so stuck with the muffaletta and I was happy. It was on a great bun, made into panini, with lunch meats, and cheeses, and I warmed it. The topper is what makes it, though and it is a fine chopped fresh vegetable topping, mixed with olive oil and some herbs. It is very subtle, but great. I will have to look it up and make it, without the bread!

Bourbon Street is just scary! >:)

Snow! Hard to imagine! Glad you stayed safe though! No step is worth getting hurt! :smile:

On to humor and no eating, lol! Take care, Jan
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 6.5K steps and The temperature was 19 degrees on the closed in front porch and that gets warmth through the walls of the house vs 43 degrees yesterday. I normally use the temperature from the local cable news channel. Today the news, time & temperature crawl is missing :(
    I was wearing so many layers to keep warm I probably looked like the Michelin Man and if I had fallen would have bounced back up :)

FWIW We had 2 or 3 inches of Snow yesterday. The ground was so warm that it melted on most surfaces. There was a little accumulation on the lawns and my depth measurement was from the trunk of the car where it cooled off enough to accumulate. Today the Sidewalks and Roads were nice and dry.
    They are forecasting a range of nothing to over 2 foot of snow Tuesday depending on the Storm track.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Still more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

I am home, and I get the dogs on Saturday. I had a great time, but I am glad to be home. It was a good vacation, and I would go again. In fact to see it, you really must see it lots of times! The people are really really friendly. I think if I walked anymore, I would just fall apart, lol! I came home and fell asleep solid for about 2 and1/2 hours.

The WW2 Museum was just awesome, and very touching. We only saw about half of it because it was so big. The movie you see is a 4D hour long movie covering the war, narrated by Tom Hanks, and was well done, and scary at times. I would have paid an extra price to keep sitting in the theater seats.

We figured how to ride the trolley. That was fun, though not getting up and down. The first step is a regular bus step, but the second is about the height of 3 steps, I had to practically crawl up, and I just killed my knees. By nite end I could not walk.

Loved the food, but could not eat another bread pudding. I did have a at Johnnys Poor Boys and they had over 30 different poor boy offerings I think. I was torn between alligator, crab, shrimp, or oyster, so stuck with the muffaletta and I was happy. It was on a great bun, made into panini, with lunch meats, and cheeses, and I warmed it. The topper is what makes it, though and it is a fine chopped fresh vegetable topping, mixed with olive oil and some herbs. It is very subtle, but great. I will have to look it up and make it, without the bread!

Bourbon Street is just scary! >:)

Snow! Hard to imagine! Glad you stayed safe though! No step is worth getting hurt! :smile:

On to humor and no eating, lol! Take care, Jan

Hi Jan
    I suspect I would enjoy the WW2 Museum too. That is something I did not do when I visited NOLA in the past. I did ride the Cable Cars in San Francisco OTOH. The mentioned that the brake shoes were wood unless I am remeberinf wrong.

In what was was Bourbon Street scary?

More Snow in the forecast too :(

I love a Good Bread Pudding, Rice Pudding and Tapioca, My Waist disagrees however :)

Is this what You had?
    New Orleans Muffaletta from here
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/muffaletta-recipe
    1 muffaletta or small round Italian loaf; 2 ounces each thinly sliced Genoa salami, hot soppresata, Salchicon de vic or other dry salami, and Serrano ham

When You said "I was torn between alligator, crab, shrimp, or oyster" None of those would have tempted me, Not a Seafood eater despite I know I should do so.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Morning!

Slept off and on Sat. too. The doggies were so glad to be home! They just collapsed and slept, and then were starving. I fed them and they slept again. May looked like she had lost 10 lbs. I guess she did not eat. Chester did not look too bad, but ate a lot, so must not have eaten much. I do not think I could do a trip like that for too long anytime soon. The stress showed a lot more later, and they are rather pitiful. My friends won't be too happy, but I will probably skip church and stay with them tomorrow. I do not have the heart to leave them.

Bourbon street had a lot of people begging for money. They also had a lot of biker and Goth types and rough characters. It was daytime, must be a trip at night. You do have to be diligent. A few drunks that had to be stepped over.

That was my muffaletta! Mine was better though! Bobby Flay lost using that recipe to a couple of traditional sandwich makers from Louisiana! Basically that was it though! :) I truly could not make up my mind with the other sandwiches, as I like them all, especially when fried!
    It did feel good to eat better tonite though!

I love my bread pudding, which is a chocolate coffee rum bread pudding! They were a little sweet since I had been on the paleo kick. I love rice pudding, and tapioca too. Not very diet-y though! :p

NOLA was about 12 degrees warmer than here now, and I am absolutely freezing! I would not change weather with you though! Stay safe and warm!! Jan..Thanks for more humor!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.7K steps and The temperature was 22 degrees Vs 19 degrees yesterday. It looks more and more like plenty of Snow Tuesday :( If so I suspect I'll stay home.

Tomorrow I need to strap on the Backpack and stop at the Grocery Store as I will have eaten my last Banana.

From here:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/pets/news-features/dogs-deliberately-deceive-owners-get-want/
    Dogs 'deliberately deceive owners' to get what they want

Cats might have a reputation for being a bit sneaky or scheming - but, according to science, we really ought to be keeping an eye on dogs if we're worried about our pets running rings around us.

A new study, published in the journal Animal Cognition, has found pet dogs will deliberately deceive humans in order to get something they want.

Researchers at the University of Zurich studied 27 dogs, pairing each one with two human partners: a "co-operative" one who would allow the dogs to eat treats, and a "competitive" one who withheld the treats.

Visit the link for the rest of the article

Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    He did it again, more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Morning!

Slept off and on Sat. too. The doggies were so glad to be home! They just collapsed and slept, and then were starving. I fed them and they slept again. May looked like she had lost 10 lbs. I guess she did not eat. Chester did not look too bad, but ate a lot, so must not have eaten much. I do not think I could do a trip like that for too long anytime soon. The stress showed a lot more later, and they are rather pitiful. My friends won't be too happy, but I will probably skip church and stay with them tomorrow. I do not have the heart to leave them.

Bourbon street had a lot of people begging for money. They also had a lot of biker and Goth types and rough characters. It was daytime, must be a trip at night. You do have to be diligent. A few drunks that had to be stepped over.

That was my muffaletta! Mine was better though! Bobby Flay lost using that recipe to a couple of traditional sandwich makers from Louisiana! Basically that was it though! :) I truly could not make up my mind with the other sandwiches, as I like them all, especially when fried!
    It did feel good to eat better tonite though!

I love my bread pudding, which is a chocolate coffee rum bread pudding! They were a little sweet since I had been on the paleo kick. I love rice pudding, and tapioca too. Not very diet-y though! :p

NOLA was about 12 degrees warmer than here now, and I am absolutely freezing! I would not change weather with you though! Stay safe and warm!! Jan..Thanks for more humor!!

Hi Jan
    I'm sorry to hear about Your Dogs experiences while You were gone.

I'm not completely surprised by Your report on Bourbon Street.

Well no the various puddings may not be diet friendly, OTOH they are so tasty :)

I ran across mention of something recently that actually sounded tasty to me. Fried Bread where it is deep fried in Butter. Can You tell I like butter in my food, With Rice, Noodles, Pasta etc.

I plan to stay as safe as possible.

Congratulations, I saw this
    10 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/11/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning.

Poor puppies will survive. They were taken good care of, they just miss home and pampering! I guess I will not do any long travels for a bit. There was a trip to part of Italy and Sicily I would love to go on in Nov. but the dogs would be left far too long. More like 11-12 days or so, I just can not do that to them again for now. Might be time for just a few short trips now and then! :)

I really missed my breads and potatoes and really enjoyed eating them! I must have, I gained 9 lbs. I have lost 2 already, but it sure was a lot of work I have to do over again! It was fun, and worth it though! :#

Nothing fried in butter could be bad! Not much fried is bad, lol, except for out health!

Expecting colder weather here with frost and freeze warnings here for 2 nites. I think it is Weds. and Thurs. There is always one late one for us. Poor azaleas and freshly budded trees!

Keep up the good work!! ..Jan---Brrrrrr..... :|
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Really agree with the dog article you found! :D
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.4K steps and The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 22 degrees yesterday. It looks more and more like plenty of Snow Tuesday :( If so I suspect I'll stay home. This Mornings 5:50AM forecast showed us in the 12 to 18 inch area with areas to the south in NJ as being lower.

I strapped on the Backpack and stopped at the Grocery Store where I bought Bananas, Nectarines and Black Plums.
    The Town has been out preparing for the upcoming snow by brineing the streets early this morning.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    He's done it again, more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good morning.

Poor puppies will survive. They were taken good care of, they just miss home and pampering! I guess I will not do any long travels for a bit. There was a trip to part of Italy and Sicily I would love to go on in Nov. but the dogs would be left far too long. More like 11-12 days or so, I just can not do that to them again for now. Might be time for just a few short trips now and then! :)

I really missed my breads and potatoes and really enjoyed eating them! I must have, I gained 9 lbs. I have lost 2 already, but it sure was a lot of work I have to do over again! It was fun, and worth it though! :#

Nothing fried in butter could be bad! Not much fried is bad, lol, except for out health!

Expecting colder weather here with frost and freeze warnings here for 2 nites. I think it is Weds. and Thurs. There is always one late one for us. Poor azaleas and freshly budded trees!

Keep up the good work!! ..Jan---Brrrrrr..... :|
    Really agree with the dog article you found! :D

I blew it last Wednesday and am still dropping water weight as of this morning. I'm pretty sure it had to be water weight to lose over a pound since yesterday Morning :)

If I said some of the things I really miss are fried foods ? Things like Burgers and French Fries.

Better a freeze for You than our Snow forecast :(

I had a feeling You might like that news article.

Congratulations on Your Achievement.
    10 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/12/2017 and was under her calorie goal
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

You are really going to get hit! Good job walking in the cold! That is quite an accomplishment! No! I do not think I will trade your weather, lol! There goes our heating bills again for this month! UP!

What got you off your routine last Weds.? I almost was thinking Chinese, but I have a feeling it was something worse! I have got back on the Paleo, but I did have some popcorn last nite. Not a Paleo food, but it was sure good. I was still under my calories though! You have to break thru every once in a while to reset your metabolism. That is my excuse..and I am sticking to it!

Cleveland, 50 years ago, was always cold in April. It would be springlike enough to get a taste, and then everyone froze in their Easter finery. I remember that a lot! :) June was cool, July and August hot and summer, but cooling by September with true Indian summer weeks! I ice skated a lot in winter, almost every day. And drank an ocean of hot chocolate! We had a complex that was a rink in winter, and a pool in summer on the opposite side. One of my best memories was that my Dad had built a skating rink in the back yard by packing the snow and freezing it. It lasted weeks and was pretty fun!

I think I may go out today for food, though if I settle for Paleo pancakes, I can make it another day. I may do that instead. It depends how ambitious I am!!

Stay safe and stay warm!! Get right back to eating right! o:) ....Jan
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi
    Before I forget 11 cents found, Not today naturally.
    I was not out walking today and hit 0K steps and The temperature was 29 degrees Vs 21 degrees yesterday. It looks like the forecast for plenty of Snow was somewhat in error :( I decided to stay home and sleep in based on Mondays forecasts. This Mornings 7AM forecast shows us in the 8 to 12 inch range for snow vs yesterdays 12 to 18 inch area. I was out on the front porch and could hear what sounds like little ice pellets hitting the glass.

They are saying that the lowered amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it.

Oh Well....
    Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger

Update, The Plow went buy around 7AM and now 50 minutes later the road is white again and larger snow flakes are falling again.

I did it again, more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

You are really going to get hit! Good job walking in the cold! That is quite an accomplishment! No! I do not think I will trade your weather, lol! There goes our heating bills again for this month! UP!

What got you off your routine last Weds.? I almost was thinking Chinese, but I have a feeling it was something worse! I have got back on the Paleo, but I did have some popcorn last nite. Not a Paleo food, but it was sure good. I was still under my calories though! You have to break thru every once in a while to reset your metabolism. That is my excuse..and I am sticking to it!

Cleveland, 50 years ago, was always cold in April. It would be springlike enough to get a taste, and then everyone froze in their Easter finery. I remember that a lot! :) June was cool, July and August hot and summer, but cooling by September with true Indian summer weeks! I ice skated a lot in winter, almost every day. And drank an ocean of hot chocolate! We had a complex that was a rink in winter, and a pool in summer on the opposite side. One of my best memories was that my Dad had built a skating rink in the back yard by packing the snow and freezing it. It lasted weeks and was pretty fun!

I think I may go out today for food, though if I settle for Paleo pancakes, I can make it another day. I may do that instead. It depends how ambitious I am!!

Stay safe and stay warm!! Get right back to eating right! o:) ....Jan

Hi Jan
    I am ashamed to say that I was in the ShopRite grocery store and I made the mistake of walking through their in store bakery heading from the front to the back for the 60 calorie wraps and the Deluxe Very Berry Pie called my name to loudly. It was delicious however. Sugars and Carbs make me retain water just as much as Sodium in foods like Chinese does.

I have eaten OK since then :)

Ah yes Midwest winters, Sort of Midwest that is :)

I tend to err on the side of inertia as pertains to shopping. I do better if I stay out of the stores.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning!

Don't you hate getting faked out by mother nature! :# By the way with the snow falling, staying in bed sounded like a great option.

Ha! Things call my name from the shelf, too! At least you enjoyed it and pie is worth the calories! I love pie, too! There is not much worse than eating something that was NOT worth the calories!

I gained 9 lbs. from traveling, but have lost 7 of it. I am shopping today, so I can get what I have a taste for, minus the rice and bread, lol! I have a taste for eggplant. That is a good sign, at least it is healthy!

I have noticed that too! I spend no money unless I go out! I am better off when home! :)

It is grey and chilly and windy. When the sun was out for all of 7 minutes, it was like spring. Needless to say, it did not last long, lol! And no, I won't trade weather with you! I feel bad though. Trees and shrubs have popped out a pretty spring green, so I am not too sure what 2 days of freeze will wreak. Well, I do, I just hope it is not too bad. Poor confused plants! :/

I watched a movie about Doris Duke last nite. (N.J.), and saw some films from Youtube. How sad that her home and greenhouses were not preserved. Seems to me like the Trust and lawyers pocketed the money, instead of using it as they should have. What a terrible loss. I know her property around Duke U. fared better. So sad....It appeared the butler and maid were the better choice to leave money to than who got their grubs on it. Really makes me angry.... :'(

Have a good indoor day! Good time to catch up on a few things in the house! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I went out walking today and hit 4.1K steps, The temperature was 21 degrees Vs 29. Due to road and sidewalk conditions I did not go as far as I had hoped to go. The street in front of the house is Decent, However as I went further out the streets had icy patches, especially at the Intersection. sidewalks where they had been shoveled were worse and at corners access to them was often blocked by piles of snow from the Plowing.

The lowered snow amounts are due to the storm tracking further west than what they originally thought it would do and that puts us on the warmer side of it. The good and the bad of that is that where I am we ended up with less snow. However it was a heavy snow and a pain to shovel, especially as we went back and forth from rain, sleet, and Snow.
    North NJ had depths of snow up to 19 inches, parts of Southern NJ had minimal snow and parts of NY state had 2+ feet of the white stuff :)

I suspect that with the rain hitting the snow off and on we ended up with 5 +/- inches of super heavy snow that has slush at the bottom. We even had a puddle at the bottom of the driveway for a while.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger

He's at it again, more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good Morning!

Don't you hate getting faked out by mother nature! :# By the way with the snow falling, staying in bed sounded like a great option.

Ha! Things call my name from the shelf, too! At least you enjoyed it and pie is worth the calories! I love pie, too! There is not much worse than eating something that was NOT worth the calories!

I gained 9 lbs. from traveling, but have lost 7 of it. I am shopping today, so I can get what I have a taste for, minus the rice and bread, lol! I have a taste for eggplant. That is a good sign, at least it is healthy!

I have noticed that too! I spend no money unless I go out! I am better off when home! :)

It is grey and chilly and windy. When the sun was out for all of 7 minutes, it was like spring. Needless to say, it did not last long, lol! And no, I won't trade weather with you! I feel bad though. Trees and shrubs have popped out a pretty spring green, so I am not too sure what 2 days of freeze will wreak. Well, I do, I just hope it is not too bad. Poor confused plants! :/

I watched a movie about Doris Duke last nite. (N.J.), and saw some films from Youtube. How sad that her home and greenhouses were not preserved. Seems to me like the Trust and lawyers pocketed the money, instead of using it as they should have. What a terrible loss. I know her property around Duke U. fared better. So sad....It appeared the butler and maid were the better choice to leave money to than who got their grubs on it. Really makes me angry.... :'(

Have a good indoor day! Good time to catch up on a few things in the house! ..Jan
    Hi Jan
    The Weather people were getting some flack about the forecast as even Monday night they were still calling for deep snow in much of the area. I'd be more than happy to trade weather with You. Are You sure You won't trade?

So True, Eating Something that is fattening and it is not tasty stinks to be nice about it :)

I gather that Georgia expects to lose 90% of the peach crop from the freeze.

There was a lot of controversy over the Doris Duke Properties.

Today is clean the Bathroom ahead of the St Patty's day company. The Bath mat is already in the washer and The Disposable Rubber gloves laid out for the rest of the cleaning along with a old kitchen dish sponge for scrubbing whatever needs it. I have been procrastinating doing it :( Inertia can be a killer that way.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulations for This
    11 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/14/2017 and was under her calorie goal
  • Buttons61
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hello!

Well, looking around my house, inertia seems to be my problem too! I just give up seeing how much there is to do sometimes and it is hard to get past just taking the meds, giving dogs meds, and getting our meals out to us all! Sometimes I do not get beyond that and emails! I am cooking more and have more dishes doing the real foods, but feel better. It was hard to tell how much better I feel from diet, or not such a strenuous pace! Probably both. :)

Poor weathermen, they can sure take some flack! On the average ours do a very good job. Often they have the rains coming in at the time it actually starts, at least at my house. It sounded like a complex system, and better to be safe than sorry! I had not heard about the Georgia peaches. Awful! We have a peach grower at church, and I am anxious to see how they fared. I am sure the trees were blossoming. The sun is warm, and at my house, the cold seemed to not damage leaves yet. I think it may not have got down as low as they said, hopefully. It is frightfully windy, and the wind is cold for here! Nope, not trading! :#

Corned beef was on sale here, finally. Picked up 2 for 7 and 8 dollars each. They were great size wise and I should get several meals from them. I passed up some soda bread; that was sad! It looked good! I did buy cabbage and have carrots, so I will celebrate St. Patrick's week, lol! The corned beef has been running about 25-30 dollars a piece. Needless to say, It has been a while since I had it!

Did you all make your own meats this year? Envy your celebration! Maybe not the cleaning!

Take care, and take it easy shoveling that heavy or icy stuff! .. Jan B) (make you jealous with sunshine, lol!)