100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7k steps so far and The temperature was 15 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and was a bit nippy for walking despite wearing the new Thermal Tops and Bottoms. The Bottoms were delivered yesterday, I ordered Yesterday morning and paid the $5.99 for same day delivery due to the weather forecast. FWIW My front porch showed 12 degrees vs the 15 degrees on the Cable News Channel at 6AM and they also reported a wind chill of 0 degrees in a nearby town. I was comfortable between the Thermals, Heated Mittens, two layers of sweatshirts and a Hoodie :)

The Sun is shining and I did hear a woodpecker pecking away and some birds singing despite the cold as I was walking.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan
    Interesting, I had Chinese Take out Saturday too, You seem to have done better with the Chinese than I did :)
    So of course I am retaining lots of water and the scale showed a 4 pound weight gain in 24 hours :( I know most of that will disappear when My body releases the water :)

Lets not forget 8 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/04/2017
    and 8 hours ago, burned 191 calories doing 35 minutes of Cleaning, heavy, vigorous effort

Not Just cleaning but heavy Vigorous cleaning. I really need to vacuum today :) I have been falling behind on that :(

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Still more humor posted today :)
    Enjoy
  • RogerToo
    Options
    And still more humor posted today :)
    Enjoy
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 8,480 steps so far and The temperature was 21 degrees vs 15 degrees yesterday and was OK for walking as there was no wind.

Today is Oreo Cookie Day, 100 Years ago the first Oreo Cookie was sold to a grocer in NJ, I heard that on the cable News Channel, Also i is National Dentist Day :)

I have been cleaning out the basement Freezer. I did not realize that some things had slipped to the bottom of it. I pulled a NS Banana Nut Muffin and a NS Blueberry Muffin both from my 7th delivery. I know that since I had marked the delivery number on them. Both of them had Enjoy By Dates of December 2014 :)
    Despite that having been frozen they were tasty when I warmed them. I warm up all the NS Baked Goods.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations On the continuing Food Logging. It helps :)
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Hey, It is cold up there! You have done an awesome job keeping up considering the weather!

I went with my daughter for Mexican yesterday in between church and small group. Ate very sensibly, except for the tortilla chips, but that was my only carb for the day.

I leave this am for the bus. I think I am packed! Too crazy week end, and I probably overpacked!

No idea they had a Nat'l oreo day! LOL! :)

Congrats on finding your renegade baked goods! They last forever! :D

Catch up with you in NOLA! ..Jan cloudy, good traveling!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jan and Roger. I've gotten caught up in watching April the Giraffe...for two weeks she's been "about to" give birth. Still pregnant. Jan--no clue if new job pays more...but as an overhead employee in a billable company I need to be really careful to not overprice myself or they'll just drop me when the tide changes. I will be puppy sitting tomorrow--only one left. I registered Em gor high school today (starting in August)... exciting. Lucy continues to do well...no additional surgeries.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!

Off and running, french quarter and market. city tour, and lots of fries and shrimp yesterday!

Not a diet option place.. Poor April the giraffe, talk about watch pot!

Beat you up and going this am Roger, scary! Take care!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7,202 steps + 1 Cent and The temperature was 43 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and was OK for walking as the Rain in the forecast was only a drizzle for a short while .

In the weird news., To Me :) department, from Here:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-04/house-was-3d-printed-under-24-hours-cost-just-10000
    This House Was 3D-Printed In Under 24 Hours At A Cost Of Just $10,000
    While 3D-printing may have been faded away in recent years from the spotlight of core "disruptive" technologies, that may soon change again after a company managed to 3D-print an entire house in just 24 hours. Located in Russia, the following 400-square-foot home, or 37 square meters, was built in just a day, at a cost of slightly over $10,000.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xktwDfasPGQ&feature=youtu.be
    More Information in the page at the link :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Hey, It is cold up there! You have done an awesome job keeping up considering the weather!

I went with my daughter for Mexican yesterday in between church and small group. Ate very sensibly, except for the tortilla chips, but that was my only carb for the day.

I leave this am for the bus. I think I am packed! Too crazy week end, and I probably overpacked!

No idea they had a Nat'l oreo day! LOL! :)

Congrats on finding your renegade baked goods! They last forever! :D

Catch up with you in NOLA! ..Jan cloudy, good traveling!

Hi Jan
    I agree, 100 years of Oreos :)
    Hi!

Off and running, french quarter and market. city tour, and lots of fries and shrimp yesterday!

Not a diet option place.. Poor April the giraffe, talk about watch pot!

Beat you up and going this am Roger, scary! Take care!

I hope You have a great time in NOLA.
    I did see that when I logged in You had been on 2 hours earlier. Wow, You are starting Your day early.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Jan and Roger. I've gotten caught up in watching April the Giraffe...for two weeks she's been "about to" give birth. Still pregnant. Jan--no clue if new job pays more...but as an overhead employee in a billable company I need to be really careful to not overprice myself or they'll just drop me when the tide changes. I will be puppy sitting tomorrow--only one left. I registered Em for high school today (starting in August)... exciting. Lucy continues to do well...no additional surgeries.

Hi Val
    I gather they are now saying they may have miscalculated :)

Good Luck in the New Position
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.1K steps so far and The temperature was 51 degrees vs 21 degrees yesterday and there was a wind. I had dressed for the temperature and with the wind it was a little chilly. I will be going back out to Costco later on for Vegetables,Kleenex and Vitamins. Then on to the ShopRite for few things, 7 or 8 including Bananas and whatever fruit looks good at a decent price so I expect to get my steps in.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi
    More Humor was just posted, Enjoy :)
    BTW it seems some people are freaking out over the Peeps flavored Oreos and the end result.

Hi Jan
    It could be worse, You could have enjoyed the Cuisine and not done 3 hours of walking :)

Enjoy Your Vacation\
    Roger

Hi Val
  • RogerToo
    Options
    WqUNBq.jpg
    Feeding Time
    sHFB4b.jpg

V0C6nM.jpg

iqVjZb.jpg
    Used to be called Mounds :)

qAcYRn.jpg

zsPg86.jpg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 7.9K steps and The temperature was 51 degrees vs 51 degrees yesterday and there was a wind. I did dress for the temperature and the wind chill. I ended up with nearly 12K steps yesterday by the end of the day.

Today is the last day to change my NS order and that has to be by 6PM at that. I would love to delay it further however I have delayed it all I can as is.

A stray thought, Am I the only one that picks up discarded garbage and throws it into the garbage cans at the curb I pass on Garbage day or Discarded Recyclable litter and throws it into the recycle bins at the curb on recycle day while walking ?

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hi!

Last day in NOLA. Dead tired. About 10,000 steps a day! Home tomorrow nite! Figured I gained 6 lbs. :D

Good job Walking Roger! Yep, I pick up trash trash day, too! :/ Hang tight! Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and hit 6.9K steps and The temperature was 43 degrees vs 51 degrees yesterday. I had started back from the furthest point on my walk when the first stray snow flake went past me at 6:35AM.
    Withing 5 minutes it was snowing steady so I shortened my return leg just in case. So far 1 hour later it is still not sticking so I suppose I could have gone the full distance, Safety first however. The Snow started much later where I am than the original forecast time for where I am and that was on the evening news last night :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi!

Last day in NOLA. Dead tired. About 10,000 steps a day! Home tomorrow nite! Figured I gained 6 lbs. :D

Good job Walking Roger! Yep, I pick up trash trash day, too! :/ Hang tight! Jan

Hi Jan
    If You do not come home tired the vacation is not a success :)

Congratulations on the steps.

I suspect that based on past experiences much of any weight gain will disappear once You get home and start eating differently. Past experience has shown me that any weight gains that happen quickly tend to be water weight.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor posted this morning