100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Well,...

The egg rolls do have some vitamins! :# That should help! The restaurant also does not use any MSG in any of their dishes, so that is healthy,too! Right? LOL!

The sweet potato bread sounds like a good recipe. I may try it for church on Sunday. Funny that they gave the nutrition the way they did. But I guess then you can figure it on your own, depending on the thickness of the slices you cut. Sounds yummy! I would love the beer bread recipe if you get a chance, and pick the best pie one. I have a sweet potato pie one, but I have tasted better! I do like the ones with fresh potatoes! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Of course I probably should not be thinking of any of them! I did do better today. It is a little like pulling teeth though. It does not take long for those carb cravings to hit, after once indulging!

I will think of you walking religiously early, but I will think of it much later! Br... I was shocked at what 59-61 degrees with a breeze felt like today! :D Take care! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 4.9K steps + Thin Dime so far, The temperature was 32 degrees and is warmer than yesterday, I will be going out later with three stops and should be over my goal in steps. Produce Store, Dollar Store and Bank.

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. The one I am doing right now is a AudioDisc which is a brand of blank 78 RPM records that local recording studios and people that had home record cutters would use. FWIW I actually have a Old Console AM/SW/Record player and record cutter stored in the attic.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    And even more humor posted this morning :)
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Well,...

The egg rolls do have some vitamins! :# That should help! The restaurant also does not use any MSG in any of their dishes, so that is healthy,too! Right? LOL!

The sweet potato bread sounds like a good recipe. I may try it for church on Sunday. Funny that they gave the nutrition the way they did. But I guess then you can figure it on your own, depending on the thickness of the slices you cut. Sounds yummy! I would love the beer bread recipe if you get a chance, and pick the best pie one. I have a sweet potato pie one, but I have tasted better! I do like the ones with fresh potatoes! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Of course I probably should not be thinking of any of them! I did do better today. It is a little like pulling teeth though. It does not take long for those carb cravings to hit, after once indulging!

I will think of you walking religiously early, but I will think of it much later! Br... I was shocked at what 59-61 degrees with a breeze felt like today! :D Take care! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I suspect that the bast way would be weigh the loafs and divide that into the calories and then figure out the calories for the slice that way. That way it becomes more or less irrelevant if the slices are different thicknesses or a end cut vs the taller cut from the middle :)

The Sweet Potato Bread was basically a Sweet Potato Pie in a format geared to being hand food no fork needed and You could get by with putting it on a Napkin IMO. I tried it with Butter and that was tasty, I am of the opinion that it would also be good with Whipped Cream. FWIW Redi Whip is a decent fairly low calorie count.

I will get the Beer Bread recipe for You later. It is a easy to make and not a ton of ingredients too.

Congratulations on Your Log in Count and this.
    10 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/23/2017 and was under her calorie goal.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger and Jan-- my plants had attracted tons of gnats so I moved them outside. Much nicer inside without all those pests. Val (need to go to an 8am meeting)
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good Morning all!

Good to hear from you, Val! My plants needed fresh air, too! Hope your meeting goes well!

Roger, as usual, so good with your planned walking and so glad you found a little change! The weather must be improving! :#

I have to take Chester for his f/u check for his ears and thyroid. I am sure he will be on another med, no doubt expensive, lol! March is spend month here. My car insurance, termite contract, a/c and heating maintenance are all due and there are 3 birthdays. It's like money has wings! :D

Roger, your big 700 days logging in is coming up! That is so awesome! That is a lot of dedication!

I guess I am off to the mailbox and vet!...

I guess I am home and pooped. The driving was horrendous, and I forgot to turn my computer off, LOL! Chesters ears are fine, he has probiotics for his tummy, and new thyroid medicene. Gee, once they grab you they don't let go! We have to go back in 4-6 wks. Whew!!

Have a great day, all!! Jan.. B)
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Good morning. I actually have the weekend off. I don't know what to do with myself. Already did the laundry. I really want to see Beauty and the Beast, but I hate crowds, especially with children. Sounds unkind but parents don't teach manners, and that makes their children a pain to all around. Maybe a museum. Maybe clean the house. Plenty of yard work to do. Hope you all have a lovely healthy productive weekend. (I've been watching Downton Abbey with Em...her first time, so i bet we'll see a few episodes!)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    And yet more humor posted this morning :)

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7.7K steps, yesterday I ended the day with 11K steps, The temperature this morning was 50 degrees and is warmer than yesterday. I lightened up on what I wore which meant I was somewhat lighter while walking :) Rain showers are in the forecast for later today. It has been cloudy so far today.

Later today I plan to work on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Yours Truly, Johnny Dollar.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Roger and Jan-- my plants had attracted tons of gnats so I moved them outside. Much nicer inside without all those pests. Val (need to go to an 8am meeting)

Hi Val
    I wonder why they did that. However if moving them outdoors helps I would have done it too.
    Good morning. I actually have the weekend off. I don't know what to do with myself. Already did the laundry. I really want to see Beauty and the Beast, but I hate crowds, especially with children. Sounds unkind but parents don't teach manners, and that makes their children a pain to all around. Maybe a museum. Maybe clean the house. Plenty of yard work to do. Hope you all have a lovely healthy productive weekend. (I've been watching Downton Abbey with Em...her first time, so i bet we'll see a few episodes!)

I suppose that the last showing of the day would be better?

Downton Abbey is one I have never watched. If I said I have so much backlogged to watch as it is...
    OTOH I see that a couple of shows are coming up on their final episode, AKA Series Finale :)
    Others will be going into their Summer break that starts much earlier than Summer anymore and based on past experience be replaced with other shows I watch :)

A Museum does sound very interesting, I would likely want to go a a natural history and a aviation museum.

Whatever You Do, have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good Morning all!

Good to hear from you, Val! My plants needed fresh air, too! Hope your meeting goes well!

Roger, as usual, so good with your planned walking and so glad you found a little change! The weather must be improving! :#

I have to take Chester for his f/u check for his ears and thyroid. I am sure he will be on another med, no doubt expensive, lol! March is spend month here. My car insurance, termite contract, a/c and heating maintenance are all due and there are 3 birthdays. It's like money has wings! :D

Roger, your big 700 days logging in is coming up! That is so awesome! That is a lot of dedication!

I guess I am off to the mailbox and vet!...

I guess I am home and pooped. The driving was horrendous, and I forgot to turn my computer off, LOL! Chesters ears are fine, he has probiotics for his tummy, and new thyroid medicine. Gee, once they grab you they don't let go! We have to go back in 4-6 wks. Whew!!

Have a great day, all!! Jan.. B)
    Hi Jan
    The weather is warming up for a while, not as nice as what You should be experiencing however.

I moved the Geranium to the front porch where it will get better sunlight, It is a hanging basket from last summer. We hope/plan to take cuttings and root them to use this year.

Doctors and Vets, They both like regular visits from paying customers :)

Don't feel bad, I forget to power down this computer regularly. It happens when The screen goes dark.

My worst month is December, Christmas, Car Insurance renewal and other regular expenses.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulation on achieving this daily goal we all strive for.
    10 hours ago
    completed her food and exercise diary for 3/24/2017 and was under her calorie goal
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!

Great job walking, Roger! Thanks for the humor by the way! Love the chicken, and always the "You had one job!" ones! I want to work in the yard, but need to recycle and make a quick stop for veggies. Hopefully I will still want to do something by then, lol! We may be expecting t'storms this afternoon. We will see!

Val, I am so glad you have a week-end! Have a wonderful time! Isn't it great?

I took my first cup of coffee outside this morning. The birds were wildly singing and the squirrels were hopping, and the trees and grasses are all shades of spring green. It was lovely,
    I hated to get up! :)

Have a great rest of the week-end! ..Jan.. B)

• hope4change_val
    Options
    Good news, I'm officially unhappy with being fat. (It's good because that's the awakening that precedes doing something about it.) I miss the ease of putting my shoes on; i miss the joy of just feeling good and fitting into this world. I'm a blob, a sloth. Everything is hard. In the past i got derailed when people would be judgmental or unkind. I walked once around my little block...my heart is racing and im out of breath...depressing but i made it. My hip is hurting too. I truly dislike pain...it sucks. I hope this means that I'll be here more regularly and taking care of myself more constantly. Thanks for being here!
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Took a walk, did some cleaning (so much more to do), and worked a bit on the garage....and have watched many videos about the gastric sleeve. The emotional issues they bring up are really relevant. I've made good food choices today.
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    And yet again with more humor posted this morning :)
    Hi
    I was out walking today and did 8.1K steps + 1 Dime. The temperature this morning was 41 degrees and is 9 degrees cooler than yesterday. I added a layer to what I wore. Yesterdays rain showers from the forecast ended up as a drizzle AKA Fizzle.
    For us up north in NJ our forecast high is in the 40s and I do not expect to see any Sunshine today.

While I was walking I stopped at the produce store and bough 4 Nice Green Pears, 4 Gala Apples, and 4 Nectarines.

Later today I plan to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of Bulldog Drummond from January 1947.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!

Great job walking, Roger! Thanks for the humor by the way! Love the chicken, and always the "You had one job!" ones! I want to work in the yard, but need to recycle and make a quick stop for veggies. Hopefully I will still want to do something by then, lol! We may be expecting t'storms this afternoon. We will see!

Val, I am so glad you have a week-end! Have a wonderful time! Isn't it great?

I took my first cup of coffee outside this morning. The birds were wildly singing and the squirrels were hopping, and the trees and grasses are all shades of spring green. It was lovely,
    I hated to get up! :)

Have a great rest of the week-end! ..Jan.. B)
    Hi Jan
    I'm happy to do the humor. I hope You enjoy today's. There is some truth to the first and third ones :)

I am OK for veges for a another week+ and with the Fruits I picked up and with the 5 pound bag of Clementines or Tangerines my brother will be picking up for me later on today I should be in good shape for fruits and vegetables.

I noticed this, Good Job
    11 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/25/2017 and was under her calorie goal.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Good news, I'm officially unhappy with being fat. (It's good because that's the awakening that precedes doing something about it.) I miss the ease of putting my shoes on; i miss the joy of just feeling good and fitting into this world. I'm a blob, a sloth. Everything is hard. In the past i got derailed when people would be judgmental or unkind. I walked once around my little block...my heart is racing and im out of breath...depressing but i made it. My hip is hurting too. I truly dislike pain...it sucks. I hope this means that I'll be here more regularly and taking care of myself more constantly. Thanks for being here!

Hi Val
    I was unhappy with being so fat in the past. The only plus for me was I did not let what people think affect my eating, or not eating too.

I used to have multitudinous aches especially in the knees until I lost the weight. It is nice being much more pain free and being able to not get out of breath from climbing a flight of stairs :)
    Took a walk, did some cleaning (so much more to do), and worked a bit on the garage....and have watched many videos about the gastric sleeve. The emotional issues they bring up are really relevant. I've made good food choices today.

I had looked at the Sleeves and bypass surgery before NS. I kicked them to the curb for many reasons including that they could cause problems and the facts that some also managed to gain back the weight they lost and more a period of time.

I trust NS to be more healthy in the long run as well as the fact that it teaches a different lifestyle.

I noticed this post of Yours
    11 hours ago, completed her food and exercise diary for 3/25/2017 and was under her calorie goal.
    Congratulations
    WUXghf.png
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    I don't want a gastric sleeve, but find the information from both doctors and patients to be very helpful. One thing i never knew was the doctor saying that 5 years post op (sleeve or bypass), you can eat a full plate if foid at a time. So he was stressing that people must make healthy food choices and not just eat less of the bad processed stuff. I found all the videos i viewed to be helpful and encouraging. Most especially the ones talking about how others treat you. I have to stop letting others derail me. Last week i wore girl shoes (2-inch heel), and that brought my hip pain back to how it was a month after the original injury...this is just a crushed bone...nothing they can do about it.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    And yet again with more humor posted this morning :)

Hi
    I was out walking today and did 7,650 steps. The temperature this morning was 40 degrees and and there is a light rain falling. I added the Frogg Toggs jacket to what I wore. The rain showers from the forecast had started by the time I was out the door and slowly increased while I was walking so I shortened my walk a little bit.

Today's plan is to continue working on digitizing some more of the 78s and 33 1/3 RPM records. I am currently capturing a episode of The Green Hornet called The Soldier and Hos Dog.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I don't want a gastric sleeve, but find the information from both doctors and patients to be very helpful. One thing i never knew was the doctor saying that 5 years post op (sleeve or bypass), you can eat a full plate if foid at a time. So he was stressing that people must make healthy food choices and not just eat less of the bad processed stuff. I found all the videos i viewed to be helpful and encouraging. Most especially the ones talking about how others treat you. I have to stop letting others derail me. Last week i wore girl shoes (2-inch heel), and that brought my hip pain back to how it was a month after the original injury...this is just a crushed bone...nothing they can do about it.

Hi Val
    I'm not surprised by that being able to eat a full plate of food after 5 years, I was pretty sure that the stomach would slowly stretch :)
    I'm sorry that the heels brought back the pain. Would Special custom made shoes help, Or to put it another way have You asked Your doctor about that or maybe a Hip replacement if You have insurance that would cover it?

Have a Good Day
    Roger