100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    Glad you found a little change! It has been kind of scarce this spring! :) Well, if you brought me pie and was my neighbor I would forgive the grass clippings! lol!
    Hi Jan
    You are a good person, some people have the neighbors from hell, We are lucky that the entire block are all nice people fortunately.
    I think you have hit the mark with the kind of insane. Where my daughter teaches, some of the teachers know nothing about discipline in the classroom. The principle has no training as being a principle and it is a zoo. Jenny is strict and lays down the rule at the beginning of the year. Most problem kids that give other teachers headaches, Jenny has had no problems with. This last year if she sends a child to the principle for a problem , which is rare, the principle gives no consequences and the child learns nothing. She has three children in one class that are very disruptive and are documented problems. Jenny has said that those kids should NEVER be allowed in the same classroom, but the administrators just do not get it. She puts her foot down in her class, but she says she has never "taught" (because you can't) kids like they are. She has given the other kids in the classroom the right to speak to these kids, as long as there is no swearing and done in an acceptable manner if they are impacting the kids right to learn. They were testing, and the disruptive kids started up, and were apparently told by over half the class to shut up, it is testing time. Jenny adds 2 cents, and will usually hold the disruptive kids after class to reinforce when it is time to do as asked, you will do it in her classroom. She has no doubt these three will grow up to be some serial killers, or in some way harm or kill someone. They are total sociopaths at this point. She teaches 7th grade. Most schools are not as clueless as this one, thank goodness. When I went to school, there was maybe one troublemaker per grade. Things have really really changed. The last time I subbed in a 6th grade classroom, I practically had no control. And I have had plenty of experience, have what I thought was that teacher's voice, and never had had a problem. I was just dumbfounded.
    Sadly I am not sure if being that way is Nurture or nature. I suspect it is a consequence Of the new way of handling things where punishment is not that much of anything. I recall when I was in school You did not disrupt !
    I have seen teachers that punished things and back then it was a normal thing and classes were much better. I have no problem understanding why other countries students are surpassing ours in testing.
    I went to dinner and stayed under my calories, barely, but I sure had a great time! I might not lose till I get back from vacation though! :D I already know that it is going to go too fast! That is so funny.

I went to a food outlet store that used to be an old Albertson's. Their prices on meat were so much better than Winn Dixie's, I just cannot justify going elsewhere. I was able to buy several cuts of meat, that I just refused to buy in a few years at Winn Dixie prices. The quality is the same. Which I must say, is not the quality of meat I had eaten say 25 years ago. It is almost like the next lower grade. They must save the good stuff for restaurants and overseas shipping.

Keep up the excellent walking! I can almost not hobble today! I need to walk a little more and keep it up! Be safe! ..Jan B) P.S. Great humor!!!

hmm.. Albertsons' is another another chain I have never been inside of. Or maybe I have in a way, It appears that the Acme chain in my area is one of the brands that they own. My brother has said the same thing for years, that the best produce and meats go to fancy eateries, followed by lower tier eateries such as Diners and of course the fast food chains. He has found that the in many cases the Kosher meats are better than the regular meats although higher. Thus he looks at the Kosher section for items on special or clearance and freezes them when he finds them. I suspect that if we looked at a Halal meat section we would find similar quality as they follow much the same practices as Kosher butchers.

It would appear that You overdid it yesterday :)
    However, I saw this today. You are doing great
    Buttons61 13 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/11/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.

Buttons61 14 hours ago
    burned 1,057 calories doing 150 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Mowing lawn, general"
    Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I posted new Humor as well as a second post with a Fails link

Hi
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    My house closed!!!!!!! I got my MRI disc snd went to my regular doctor (who i love snd have seen for 7 years). He said yo report Balldin to the licensing board...when they hear the same thing over and over, they do take action. He agrees that he does not think i need back surgery. But since an orthopedic surgeon had that conclusion, we're going to do an MRIof my back and then make a plan once we have those results. Aside from working 15+hour days...I've taken in three orphan puppies that someone threw in the garbage. Less than two weeks old...covered in fleas and ants. So bottle feeding round the clock!
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hello!

Val, congrats on closing your house! And you are back with your doctor. Hopefully good things will follow! Bless you for caring for the puppies. How can anyone do that, throwing them out like that? Makes me furious! The pictures are so cute! They are lucky to have you! <3

Roger, nice job with the humor! Love the fails link! Our Whole Foods carry a little kosher
    and we used to have halal meats in an Indian market, but the market closed. :(

I am sitting at Fort Walton, at Oskoloosa Island to be exact. I am stuffed with seafood and was enjoying the sunset. The water is chilly and there are rip currents from some storms on Friday. Sat. was also windy but beautiful. Cool at 80 if the sun goes in the clouds. We are staying an extra day and will be back late Monday. Have a few patches of sunburn where I missed my 50 sunblock I only put on about 1x an hour, lol. Doesn't hurt though. Sunday and Monday will be all sun. :) I may be under my umbrella!

Don't work too hard! keep up the great steps! ..Jan.. B)
  • hope4change_val
    We named the fur-babies: Black male is Licorice. White female is Marshmallow. White male (runt) is Jellybean. Cuddling them is very therapeutic (for them and for me).
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 7272 steps. The temperature this morning is 46 on the news channel and 48 degrees on the front porch. It seems that the rain moved out overnight. It was not too heavy, it was steady. The forecast busty winds never arrived in my area of the state.
    I wandered down and looked at the Brook which was running over its banks.
    I did not go as far as I might have liked, I had a poor nights sleep and then I overloaded my Backpack with fruits, Strawberries at $0.79, Blackberries at $.99, 8 Minneola/Tangelos at 4 for a $1 and some D'Anjou Pears.
    http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-a-minneola-tangelo.htm
    The Minneola tangelo is a specific hybrid citrus fruit that is made by crossing the Duncan or Bowen grapefruit and the “Darcy” variety of tangerine, also called a mandarin orange. The cross was developed by the United States Department of Agriculture, in Florida, and was first released for sale in 1931. The fruit combines the sweetness of the mandarin with the tart flavors of the grapefruit, and it is highly prized for its juiciness and combination of sweet/sour flavors.

Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 orange
    Amount Per Serving Calories from Fat 9, Calories 70
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat 1g 2%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 220mg
    Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 1g

Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 100%
    Calcium 4% Iron 0%
    Then as the final Coup De Grace I picked up a quart of milk at the Dollar store on the way home. The Milk is only Good Until March 20, 2018 :)

I am leaving this in, just in case :)
    I was adjusting my upcoming in June order and noticed some new foods. The Breakfast Chocolate Chip Baked Bar
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554740/chocolate-chip-baked-bar-150-calories-ready-to-eat#latest
    and for Lunch the Turkey Pot Pie Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554739/turkey-pot-pie-melt-frozen-200-calories/p1?new=1
    The Spinach and Cheese Pretzel Melt
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554738/spinach-and-cheese-pretzel-melt-220-calories-frozen/p1?new=1
    and
    Creamy Beef Alfredo Add Water Cup 210 calories
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10554741/creamy-beef-alfredo-add-water-cup-210-calories/p1?new=1

Have a Great Sunday, Stay Dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    My house closed!!!!!!! I got my MRI disc and went to my regular doctor (who i love and have seen for 7 years). He said yo report Balldin to the licensing board...when they hear the same thing over and over, they do take action. He agrees that he does not think i need back surgery. But since an orthopedic surgeon had that conclusion, we're going to do an MRI of my back and then make a plan once we have those results. Aside from working 15+hour days...I've taken in three orphan puppies that someone threw in the garbage. Less than two weeks old...covered in fleas and ants. So bottle feeding round the clock!

Hi Val
    Congratulations on the House closing and being gone.

I find it hard to believe anyone could just throw puppies in the garbage like that.
    15+ hour days does not sound like fun and then add in the 3 Puppies.

Good Luck with the Back
    We named the fur-babies: Black male is Licorice. White female is Marshmallow. White male (runt) is Jellybean. Cuddling them is very therapeutic (for them and for me).

I am not sure why but You pictures are not showing up for me when I click on them, Oh well. Not super important :)

Have a Good Mothers Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Val, congrats on closing your house! And you are back with your doctor. Hopefully good things will follow! Bless you for caring for the puppies. How can anyone do that, throwing them out like that? Makes me furious! The pictures are so cute! They are lucky to have you! <3

Roger, nice job with the humor! Love the fails link! Our Whole Foods carry a little kosher
    and we used to have halal meats in an Indian market, but the market closed. :(

I am sitting at Fort Walton, at Oskoloosa Island to be exact. I am stuffed with seafood and was enjoying the sunset. The water is chilly and there are rip currents from some storms on Friday. Sat. was also windy but beautiful. Cool at 80 if the sun goes in the clouds. We are staying an extra day and will be back late Monday. Have a few patches of sunburn where I missed my 50 sunblock I only put on about 1x an hour, lol. Doesn't hurt though. Sunday and Monday will be all sun. :) I may be under my umbrella!

Don't work too hard! keep up the great steps! ..Jan.. B)

Hi Jan
    Glad You liked the links I reposted from elsewhere. I thought some of them were hilarious :)

Enjoy Your Vacation and Congratulations on Completing Your food Diary.

You got lucky with the Sunburn. I took a chance and bought a spare folding Umbrella at the Dollar Store, What the heck it was only a dollar :) and Now I have a spare for the name brand one.

Happy Mothers Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Puppies
  • RogerToo
    More Humor Today, Enjoy

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 4000 steps + 2 cents. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 53 degrees on the front porch. Yesterday it was a great looking morning, then around 2PM there was a thunderstorm and a brief downpour of rain arrived. Then the Sun came back out for a while and later on there was more rain and small hail.
    I did not go as far as usual, I dressed for the temperature and after I was out the door it started feeling cold due to a breeze :)

I just renewed my Norton Security Subscription in the Software. I buy ahead of time when NewEgg runs a low priced special on it and when the subscription is almost run out then I pull out the Box and use the new Product key. Right now I am using the 5 device version which will cover this computer, the Basement computer and my brothers computer and a laptop. I think I paid $19.99 for these and I have two more on the shelf waiting for the next two years.

Norton has one bad habit IMO. They start prompting to renew it way ahead of time and if I were silly enough to do that they do not add any days left on the old one to the new one. Other than that I do like the protection it gives. I have had it save me more than once when I search the Internet for something. A recent search for example would be for a 5.25: 1.2Mb USB external floppy drive.

Sadly we appear to be headed for several days of 80+ weather in the upcoming week and I remember seeing where on day would be near 90 degrees, Too Soon.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Puppies

Hi Val
    What type of Dog, Just curious :)

That worked, Thanks
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    We have no idea on breed yet because too young. They're going to be big (not sure how big yet). They were found in a trash can on the south side of town. Socially, the most discarded are pitt bulls. Their appearance is consistent with pitt...but we're hoping for some labrador.
  • RogerToo
    More humor once again today

Hi
    I was out walking this morning and did 5044 Steps. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning.
    I did not go as far as usual, Why? Yesterday the car did not start so I am waiting on AAA to come and get it going :( Then I will be heading to the garage with it and walking back home. Thus I should be at my step count or possibly past it when I get back home.

Update: I'm back from dropping off the car and when I looked at the FitBit I am at 8700 steps on the nose :)

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We have no idea on breed yet because too young. They're going to be big (not sure how big yet). They were found in a trash can on the south side of town. Socially, the most discarded are pitt bulls. Their appearance is consistent with pitt...but we're hoping for some Labrador.

Hi Val
    I am not surprised that the most would be Pit Bulls TBH. Around here they seem to be the only breed that You see on the news Broadcasts for attacking other animals and people.

Did I see Grumpy Puppy Rescue on the T-Shirt in that picture? :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I hope You are having a good time
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

I was so tired last nite, I did not write! I am back home, a little worse for wear! The last 12 hours were challenging! However, I had the best vacation I think I have ever had. I had a gout attack Sunday night, so walking was very difficult on Monday. That was the day we came home, so it could be worse. The worse culprits are shellfish and liquor. Well, not the vacationer, so I did not think! I had a glass of wine mixed with grape juice every evening on the balcony, except for the day I had a mudslide with dinner. And I had shellfish with the captain's platter almost every day, lol! Never even thought about gout as I had not been at the beach in years. I have had a single meal with no repercussions, and don't drink at home, except maybe once a year. And I packed all my meds except the med for an acute attack, as I have not had one for a while! Dummy me. I am in pain and hobbling today, and have to pick up the doggies. Should be interesting...

The vacation itself was wonderful, and I do not regret even the food choices. Everyone there was so nice, and the food was really great and fresh. The ocean was just a pleasure. There were no lines and we always sat at windows with the best views. The first nite we went to Old Bay Steamer. It has been years since I had steamed shellfish,lol, shrimp, potatoes and corn. Very yummy, and if anyone had key lime pie, I had some! The next two nights were seafood platters, each kind of different so very fun. Our last meal there was lunch at a Mexican place, serving fabulous fish tacos my daughter got, while I got a really delicious crab and shrimp burrito. We also got Mexican street corn which I could have lived off of. It was a grilled cob, with a fabulous cheese/ salsa mix over it. Montgomery had some good restaurants, but really limited, so we really enjoyed everything. Back in a few. I need to figure getting the dogs and dressing, not in that order! Oh bother!! :/ ...Jan
  • Buttons61
    edited May 2017
    Hello!
    Back from getting the puppies. They were so glad to see me, and so glad to be home. This time boarding you could see it dawn on their faces that I did come and get them and we resume life as before, so that was pretty funny! My motrin is kicking in and I have my foot iced again, so all in all- good. I had to wear my slippers to the kennel and hobble, but at least I am now moving, and the acute pain is subsiding, I hope! I have to get up soon and water my hydrangea, and then water again later, but planting moss roses was an awesome choice this year, as it turns out. They are more drought resistant and vacation hardy.

The ocean was great! I have gotten so old since the last time I went! My meds make my balance poor, so going out in the rougher surf for two days was challenging, also. I was admiring the view and drinking my coffee. Jenny stood in front of me to break the surf. So the next thing I know, I am thrown off my feet, and flailing Humpty Dumpty like in the surf. Jenny wisely saved my coffee and never spilled a drop and my prescription sunglasses which were headed out to sea, which I really would have regretted losing. I regained as much composure as one can rolling end to end non stop in the surf, and told Jenny to put up the coffee and sunglasses and then please rescue me. She was finally able to get me up, and admonished me I was not to play in the surf again unsupervised. Oh the loss of integrity and dignity. :D

I plan to venture from the couch to eat and water flowers and that is it. The dogs are totally sacked out and getting the first sleep they have had for 4 days, so all is right with the world. I am chilling and do not plan to leave the house till Weds. when I will be forced to get Chester some dog food and the house some T.P. That is essential. I am having broiled chicken tonite, so vacation is over. I have a few pounds to lose again, but will take my weight seriously in one more day, as today's weight is too much to face, lol! I had a really good time! Not healthy, but fun. Next year I work on vacation more healthy! :)

Sweet puppies,Val! So hard to place if Pitts, I know. Still can not imagine putting anything alive in the trash..there is a special hell ....

Hope your car gets fixed, Roger and is not too expensive! Maybe just the alternator or something simple. Great job on walking and planning!!

Take care all! ...Home sweet home... Jan
  • RogerToo
    Fresh Humor today

05/16/2017 100%

Hi
    I have not been out walking this morning and and have Steps. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. Today is forecast to reach 89 and tomorrow into the 90s, Yuck :(
    I did not go walking yet, Why? Yesterday I dropped off the car did that I had to have AAA to come and get it going :( Thus this morning I will be picking up coffee and then walking to the garage to pick it up and then going grocery shopping. I ended up well over my step count goal yesterday :)

I will be back later today to finish up here, Sorry

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

I was so tired last nite, I did not write! I am back home, a little worse for wear! The last 12 hours were challenging! However, I had the best vacation I think I have ever had. I had a gout attack Sunday night, so walking was very difficult on Monday. That was the day we came home, so it could be worse. The worse culprits are shellfish and liquor. Well, not the vacationer, so I did not think! I had a glass of wine mixed with grape juice every evening on the balcony, except for the day I had a mudslide with dinner. And I had shellfish with the captain's platter almost every day, lol! Never even thought about gout as I had not been at the beach in years. I have had a single meal with no repercussions, and don't drink at home, except maybe once a year. And I packed all my meds except the med for an acute attack, as I have not had one for a while! Dummy me. I am in pain and hobbling today, and have to pick up the doggies. Should be interesting...

The vacation itself was wonderful, and I do not regret even the food choices. Everyone there was so nice, and the food was really great and fresh. The ocean was just a pleasure. There were no lines and we always sat at windows with the best views. The first nite we went to Old Bay Steamer. It has been years since I had steamed shellfish,lol, shrimp, potatoes and corn. Very yummy, and if anyone had key lime pie, I had some! The next two nights were seafood platters, each kind of different so very fun. Our last meal there was lunch at a Mexican place, serving fabulous fish tacos my daughter got, while I got a really delicious crab and shrimp burrito. We also got Mexican street corn which I could have lived off of. It was a grilled cob, with a fabulous cheese/ salsa mix over it. Montgomery had some good restaurants, but really limited, so we really enjoyed everything. Back in a few. I need to figure getting the dogs and dressing, not in that order! Oh bother!! :/ ...Jan

Hi Jan
    Vacations are to let loose somewhat :)
    I'm sorry that You had the Gout again. It is definitely no fun, Gout = :(
    Hello!
    Back from getting the puppies. They were so glad to see me, and so glad to be home. This time boarding you could see it dawn on their faces that I did come and get them and we resume life as before, so that was pretty funny! My motrin is kicking in and I have my foot iced again, so all in all- good. I had to wear my slippers to the kennel and hobble, but at least I am now moving, and the acute pain is subsiding, I hope! I have to get up soon and water my hydrangea, and then water again later, but planting moss roses was an awesome choice this year, as it turns out. They are more drought resistant and vacation hardy.

The ocean was great! I have gotten so old since the last time I went! My meds make my balance poor, so going out in the rougher surf for two days was challenging, also. I was admiring the view and drinking my coffee. Jenny stood in front of me to break the surf. So the next thing I know, I am thrown off my feet, and flailing Humpty Dumpty like in the surf. Jenny wisely saved my coffee and never spilled a drop and my prescription sunglasses which were headed out to sea, which I really would have regretted losing. I regained as much composure as one can rolling end to end non stop in the surf, and told Jenny to put up the coffee and sunglasses and then please rescue me. She was finally able to get me up, and admonished me I was not to play in the surf again unsupervised. Oh the loss of integrity and dignity. :D

I plan to venture from the couch to eat and water flowers and that is it. The dogs are totally sacked out and getting the first sleep they have had for 4 days, so all is right with the world. I am chilling and do not plan to leave the house till Weds. when I will be forced to get Chester some dog food and the house some T.P. That is essential. I am having broiled chicken tonite, so vacation is over. I have a few pounds to lose again, but will take my weight seriously in one more day, as today's weight is too much to face, lol! I had a really good time! Not healthy, but fun. Next year I work on vacation more healthy! :)

Sweet puppies,Val! So hard to place if Pitts, I know. Still can not imagine putting anything alive in the trash..there is a special hell ....

Hope your car gets fixed, Roger and is not too expensive! Maybe just the alternator or something simple. Great job on walking and planning!!

Take care all! ...Home sweet home... Jan

I never worried about the Portulaca either. It seems to be able to handle the summer.

Do not feel to badly, I do not have the balance that I used to have either, thus my use of a walking stick. It helps on grade changes as well as giving m something to lean on when I bend over to pick up change :)

I will likely be putting the basement AC on this week and thus I will know if it is OK, I have a feeling it is going away as it did cool last year, it just did not make a sound like it did in years past. I hope it is OK as that is a tough, small window to get one for.

I did not use the AC in the car yet as it was OK when I picked it up and drove to the ShopRite and on the return home and then a little later to the bank I was still OK with the window open. I was lucky enough to get parked in the shade at the Grocery Store and the Bank even if it did mean a little longer walk :One of the things I picked up at the Store was a package of 30 AKA 2.5 dozen large eggs for $1.99. They will get hard boiled and both of us will use them as a protein source. My brother in a Salad and I in Egg Salad.

Congratulations on this achievement.
    12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/16/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val