100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!
    It is unseasonably hot everywhere it seems! Nice job on walking and great snag on eggs at that price! I know you were glad to get your car. My electric has been low, but this month, I do not think it will be that way. It is downright hot!

I lucked out and can shop tomorrow with judicial uses of my resources here. It gives my foot another rest day. I am back on track, but a lot more wt. to make up then I figured! :|

Still can't regret it!!! :) My fitbit lost part of it's band but the decorative slide keeps it on. Bummed as they make no replacement for mine, which is a Charge. You have to just upgrade I guess, which makes it kind of a waste of a working tracker. I may change brands when I really need a new one due to their lack of foresight.

Thank you for the humor-you always find good stuff! ..Jan.. B)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More Humor Too

Hi
    I have walked 7500 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 74 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch which is 16 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach into the 90s and set records for high temperatures, Yuck :(
    I ended up walking 9500 steps yesterday.

I looked out the window at the backyard thermometer that is sheltered from the sun and at 8:05 it was 80 degrees already, Currently 50 minutes later it is up 2 degrees :(
    The Laundry is now washing too. I have been semi busy :)

I saw this as I was walking, I have no clue what it is but it was pretty.
    2J4BAV.jpg

I looked closer at a can opener Mom had picked up years ago and never opened. In a Little Red Box with big red letters saying TV on it it says "Similar to items seen on TV", Hmm...

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!
    It is unseasonably hot everywhere it seems! Nice job on walking and great snag on eggs at that price! I know you were glad to get your car. My electric has been low, but this month, I do not think it will be that way. It is downright hot!

I lucked out and can shop tomorrow with judicial uses of my resources here. It gives my foot another rest day. I am back on track, but a lot more wt. to make up then I figured! :|

Still can't regret it!!! :) My fitbit lost part of it's band but the decorative slide keeps it on. Bummed as they make no replacement for mine, which is a Charge. You have to just upgrade I guess, which makes it kind of a waste of a working tracker. I may change brands when I really need a new one due to their lack of foresight.

Thank you for the humor-you always find good stuff! ..Jan.. B)

Hi Jan
    That is one benefit of the FitBit Zip I can throw it into My pocket or clip it to my belt. I find it works just as well in the pocket, Have You tried doing that to see if it works that way for You? Do You really need it On Your arm ?

Our electric ran lower than usual for the last two payments, I am not sure how the upcoming one will be as they just read the meter this week and since then I have had the Big 220 Volt wall unit in use :)

I saw where You did good once again
    12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/17/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Keep it going, You are doing great
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited May 2017
    Good Morning!

I can use it that way with the fitbit! I am a little afraid to lose it, but I can always pin it to keep it secure!

Your weather has at times been warmer than down here! Isn't that crazy? It has turned humid here too. The dew points yesterday were in the 70's, making the 91 feel like 96! We have good chances for afternoon thunderstorms, but so far, I have not gotten them. The flower photo was beautiful. It looked like a clematis trained on the ground rather than vining, and they do make one ground variety like that also. But I am not for sure that is what it is!

I have lost 2 lbs. of what I gained on vacation. Just a bit more, lol! I was rather bad! >:)

Today I do have to shop. I am out of everything. After humor, lol! ..Jan B)

P.S. What can of can opener! Crank type? :) interesting!
  • RogerToo
    And even more humor posted today and I reposted yesterdays humor as I did not see it today, I wonder if I only previewed it or MFP oopsed it?

Hi
    I have walked 4400 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 75 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning, however it is a bit sticky outdoors. Today is forecast to reach near the 90s, Yuck :(
    You may be wondering why only 4400 steps. Later on Yard work and a run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking 10500 steps yesterday.

From here Picture too.
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/cyclops-goat-born-with-one-eye-is-worshiped-by-villagers-in-india-6643422/
    Cyclops goat born with one eye is worshipped by villagers in India
    A baby goat has been born with one eye in what has been hailed a ‘miracle’.

Some villagers believe the goat, that was born in Assam in India, is sacred and have begun to worship it after it was born a week ago.
    Vets predicted that the goat, which also only has one ear, would die within a few days but it has defied the odds so far.
    People have been visiting the village to see the kid which suffers from a condition seen in other animals including horses, pigs, cows and cats.
    The condition which causes the defect is called cyclopia and occurs when the two hemispheres of the brain do not separate

And from Here with more in the article :)
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fit-but-fat-may-be-a-myth-study-says/
    By Robert Preidt HealthDay May 17, 2017, 11:21 AM
    "Fit but fat" may be a myth, study says

The so-called "healthy obese" aren't necessarily as healthy as they think. They still have a higher risk of heart disease than normal-weight people, a new British study finds.

Folks dubbed healthy obese don't have metabolic problems typically associated with obesity -- such as high cholesterol, poor blood sugar control, diabetes or high blood pressure. But, it's been unclear if they are at increased risk for problems such as heart failure or stroke.

In this study, researchers analyzed 1995-2015 electronic health records of 3.5 million people aged 18 and older in the United Kingdom who were initially free of heart disease.

Compared to normal-weight people with no metabolic problems, healthy obese people had a 50 percent higher risk of heart disease, a 7 percent higher risk of stroke, twice the risk of heart failure, and a greater risk of peripheral artery disease (or PAD, which is the narrowing of blood vessels to the arms and legs), the study found.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

I can use it that way with the fitbit! I am a little afraid to lose it, but I can always pin it to keep it secure!

Your weather has at times been warmer than down here! Isn't that crazy? It has turned humid here too. The dew points yesterday were in the 70's, making the 91 feel like 96! We have good chances for afternoon thunderstorms, but so far, I have not gotten them. The flower photo was beautiful. It looked like a clematis trained on the ground rather than vining, and they do make one ground variety like that also. But I am not for sure that is what it is!

I have lost 2 lbs. of what I gained on vacation. Just a bit more, lol! I was rather bad! >:)

Today I do have to shop. I am out of everything. After humor, lol! ..Jan B)

P.S. What can of can opener! Crank type? :) interesting!

Hi Jan
    I have many pockets in (on?) the walking pants and shorts I use that have button flaps :)

Good Work with burning calories doing gardening too.

It is a manual and it seems to cut on the side just under the lid. I had to go back and look at the directions which I did save to figure out how to use it too.

Thanks for the Info on the flower, it sure is a mass of blossoms. While I was sitting there drinking a little coffee before picking everything back up to continue my walk I saw another walker pull out a SmartPhone and take a picture too :)

Roger

P.S. was yesterdays humor there for You? I could not find it.
  • Buttons61
    Happy week end!

No, the pictures I saw today were new. I was still catching up, but the last batch were with the carried dog, I think! I love the fix it yourself trucks and cars, lol! But my favorite was dessert island! My kind of place! :)

Isn't it nice how much enjoyment people get from one person planting a beautiful flower!

My walking is a little low because of my feet. I also realized this morning that none of my steps counted this morning as the watch is still in my jeans from yesterday! :D

The gardening may be everyday with such hot weather and no rain. A large area west of me got soaked and I could hear the thunder. But no rain here.

Poor little goat, I am glad that the owners are feeding him however. But how weird they should view it as sacred as science tells us what occurred. I do not really have a big conflict between religion and science, but in view of medical history, it is just strange. Hard to imagine they have no reference for that. As long as he is treated well!

Good thing you saved the instructions for the can opener!! Always thinking!! ..Jan B)

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. I'm still alive. Between working 15+hrs/day, plus surrogate mom to the fur-babies plus all my normal responsibilities...I'm exhausted and beyond stretched. Just started the babies on blended puppy-food+formula+water. Messy, but they are catching on. Next week will be worse for my schedule...Em graduation Thursday...and event every day fir her. (AP class kickoff and 8th grade trip to amusement park, etc. just had my back MRI...too busy for doc next week, so will see him 31st. I'm not eating healthfully...just surviving. Take care, Val
  • RogerToo
    Once Again, I posted more humor

Hi
    I have walked 4100 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 60 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. It is a quite a bit cooler compared to the last three days.
    You may be wondering why only 4100 steps today. Later on more Yard work , Finally mow the lawn and the delayed run to UPS and the recycle center. That shoud give me my exercise for the day.
    I ended up walking over 8K steps yesterday. I had managed to creep up over my desired 5 pound range from my lowest weight, Going back on NS 100% has cured that and adding in yesterdays working in the sun I was down a half pound today. That puts me at 3.5 pounds up from my lowest weight :)

Tennessee Mother Chases Away Five Suspected Burglars
    Posted at 1:29 pm on May 18, 2017 by Erika Haas
    home invasion

A mother in Tennessee was forced to pull out the big guns Monday morning after a home intruder forced his way into her house as four more suspects waited outside.

Elsie Lee, who lives alone with her son, told WJJB TV that she awoke to the sounds of someone inside her house.

“We were asleep, and I thought I had heard something but I wasn’t for sure,” Lee recalled. “I thought I was just dreaming something, and then I heard a big bang again.”

“I got up and came running through the hallway,” she continued. “The guy was standing in the kitchen. He had just busted my door open.”

Lee then reached for her .45-caliber handgun and her shotgun and forced the intruder out of her home.

“I put the gun in his face and asked him if there was something I could do for him, and he was gone just that quick,” Lee told WJJB TV. “I chased him out the back door.”

“I almost killed him,” she added. “One of them could have been dead. Had he not ran, he would have been dead.”

Lee told WJJB TV that the only thought running through her mind that morning was “protect my son.”

Mere minutes after she chased the man away, Madison County police arrived on scene and arrested all five men, one of whom was a minor. Each suspect is being charged with aggravated burglary. None were armed.

Lee couldn’t have been more thankful to the police and how quickly they responded.

“I congratulate our sheriff’s department for what they did,” the mother told WJJB TV. “And it couldn’t have been done any faster or better.”

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy week end!

No, the pictures I saw today were new. I was still catching up, but the last batch were with the carried dog, I think! I love the fix it yourself trucks and cars, lol! But my favorite was dessert island! My kind of place! :)

Isn't it nice how much enjoyment people get from one person planting a beautiful flower!

My walking is a little low because of my feet. I also realized this morning that none of my steps counted this morning as the watch is still in my jeans from yesterday! :D

The gardening may be everyday with such hot weather and no rain. A large area west of me got soaked and I could hear the thunder. But no rain here.

Poor little goat, I am glad that the owners are feeding him however. But how weird they should view it as sacred as science tells us what occurred. I do not really have a big conflict between religion and science, but in view of medical history, it is just strange. Hard to imagine they have no reference for that. As long as he is treated well!

Good thing you saved the instructions for the can opener!! Always thinking!! ..Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I have done something similar where my steps did not get counted properly due to the battery dying in my FitBit :)
    It happens.

I actually saved the instructions to scan the similar to as seen part of the packaging :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. I'm still alive. Between working 15+hrs/day, plus surrogate mom to the fur-babies plus all my normal responsibilities...I'm exhausted and beyond stretched. Just started the babies on blended puppy-food+formula+water. Messy, but they are catching on. Next week will be worse for my schedule...Em graduation Thursday...and event every day fir her. (AP class kickoff and 8th grade trip to amusement park, etc. just had my back MRI...too busy for doc next week, so will see him 31st. I'm not eating healthfully...just surviving. Take care, Val

Hi Val
    Nice to hear from You :)

Those kinds of hours will drag You down. I hope You are not in a salary position ?

Good Luck withe food, stress can do that to You, sadly :(

Enjoy the Graduation
    Roger

Time to go mow so I am done in time to finish my three part breakfast. Protein shake out the door to walk, Banana around 8AM followed by a NS breakfast around 9:30.
  • RogerToo
    I'm back from mowing and am not at 6000 steps and still have a planned trip through either Home Depot or Lowes, UPS, and a stop at the grocery store since My brother wants something from there. Plus working in the yard :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Hi Val! I was just about to message you! I figured you had your hands busy with the pups! I bet they are growing, too! Sounds like a challenging week you have coming! Congrats on another grade for Em and also her AP work! That will look nice on her transcripts! I was not so good this last week and played catch up! You should grab some protein bars with the high protein and lower carbs. Great for stressful times instead of junk! I recommend the triple chocolate and lots of water!! Hang in there!! :)

Roger I guess prep yard work is happening up north with all this unseasonable weather! Are you planning your garden? Great work on your steps and planning. I am going to superglue my fitbit- I do miss it!! It's home in my pocket of the jeans I am not wearing due to a pocketless house dress is killing my stats, lol! I keep forgetting it!

Working in the yard is sure fun at the beginning of summer! :# .. Jan.. B)
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor, FWIW the last picture sounds like me :)

Hi
    I have walked 4300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 48 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. It is a great looking morning. It is somewhat cooler compared to yesterday.

You may be wondering why only 4300 steps today. Later on more Yard work , using the materials picked up at Home Depot.

I did mow the lawn and tempt the run to UPS, I could have sworn that they were open on Saturday, I was also wrong :) That mowing and work in the garden give me my exercise for the day as well as 10.8K steps for the entire day.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Hi Val! I was just about to message you! I figured you had your hands busy with the pups! I bet they are growing, too! Sounds like a challenging week you have coming! Congrats on another grade for Em and also her AP work! That will look nice on her transcripts! I was not so good this last week and played catch up! You should grab some protein bars with the high protein and lower carbs. Great for stressful times instead of junk! I recommend the triple chocolate and lots of water!! Hang in there!! :)

Roger I guess prep yard work is happening up north with all this unseasonable weather! Are you planning your garden? Great work on your steps and planning. I am going to superglue my fitbit- I do miss it!! It's home in my pocket of the jeans I am not wearing due to a pocketless house dress is killing my stats, lol! I keep forgetting it!

Working in the yard is sure fun at the beginning of summer! :# .. Jan.. B)

Hi Jan
    I think the physical layout is now completely done, just waiting for a delivery of the final components while we work on the rest of it.

If I said yard work is not fun to me, more of a chore that keeps me from other things such as reading the news from links my brother sends me :)

That will kill Your stats, Oh well, that's life
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Yes, I'm salaried (no paid OT). I'm so glad to have stopped the financial hemorrhage of my Indiana house...felt great to direct the money for that mortgage and utilities to my own credit card debt. The pups are great...very loving and affectionate...and sleeping longer between feedings! At four weeks (next week), they should go down to only three feeding pet day. That's one thing nice about pups...they grow up more quickly than humans.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    More Humor has been posted

Hi
    I walked 6630 Steps + 1 beat up penny that was laying in the crossing of a street :) during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. It is a gloom looking morning and it rained overnight with more in the forecast for later on today. I was lucky to get out in between the overnight rain and what is on the way.
    I dropped off Five things in the slot in the Post Office before picking up my coffee and I did wear my rain jacket, just in case :)

More Yard work tomorrow and then more rain in the forecast for Wednesday :(

In the weird news department, From Here with more details:
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/dunkin-donuts-drive-thru-window-shot-over-a-sandwich/
    BROCKTON (CBS) – A dispute over a sandwich at a Brockton Dunkin’ Donuts led to an argument and the shots.

A carload of teenagers Thursday drove up to the window in the drive-thru and argued about their order with a worker.

A manager was called, but tempers flared and the driver leaned out of the car and punched the manager in the face.
    #brockton #dunkindonuts manager says teen got mad over sandwich shot bb's into drive thru windows #wbz pic.twitter.com/tMP87EYD09

And http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/05/19/oroville-school-covered-in-dead-fish/
    School Suddenly Finds Itself Covered In Dead Fish In Middle Of The Day – And No One Knows Why
    OROVILLE (CBS13) – Something fishy happened this week at Stanford Avenue Elementary School in Oroville.

A typical Tuesday took a turn for the weird just before noon when the campus was suddenly covered in dead fish.

They were everywhere, all over the playground, in drinking fountains – and as one custodian discovered, even on the roof.

School officials aren’t sure if it was some kind of prank or if it really rained fish.
    More details by following the Link
    And
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2017/05/19/woman-slugs-masked-gunman-tried-take-nike-high-tops-robbery-near-school
    Woman slugs masked armed robber who tried to take her Nike high-tops
    woman threw several punches at a masked gunman who robbed her near a school in west Oak Cliff on Thursday morning.

Michelle Martinez told WFAA-TV (Channel 8) that after dropping off medicine for her young son at a Cowart Elementary School portable, a gray four-door Kia parked along a curb near her.

The passenger approached her wearing a ski mask, Dallas police spokeswoman Diana Flores said.
    Snipped
    She told him she didn't have any. The robber then patted her down and found $200 and her cellphone, which he smashed on the ground.

He yelled, "I thought you didn't have nothing," according to a Facebook post written by Martinez's husband, Eli Montoya.

The Kia driver then told the gunman to take her expensive Nike high-top shoes, WFAA reports.

"When he said 'her shoes,' I started punching him in the face," Martinez said. "I punched him probably like four times. I was like, I'm going to get some licks after him. I'm gonna let him feel a little pain. I might be a female, but females know how to hit, too."

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Yes, I'm salaried (no paid OT). I'm so glad to have stopped the financial hemorrhage of my Indiana house...felt great to direct the money for that mortgage and utilities to my own credit card debt. The pups are great...very loving and affectionate...and sleeping longer between feedings! At four weeks (next week), they should go down to only three feeding pet day. That's one thing nice about pups...they grow up more quickly than humans.

Hi Val
    I tried a salary job, Once, It started out OK then started to go bad. One day I ended up working until almost midnight and was told came in 2 hour late the next day after working 6 hours extra, Big Whoopee :(

Reducing the credit card debt is a worthwhile endeavor, I would love to get mine down. However with buying NS Gift cards from CostCo on sale I only manage to stay at the same amount despite sending off $1000 a month between the two I use. This month I will be sending off more to the one used on Amazon since my brother paid for the yard items bought through them. I do any Online shopping as my brother refuses to do that,

I suspect You have been struggling with all those feedings ?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations on Your consistency with MFP, I saw these this morning
    9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/21/2017.

Buttons61 9 hours ago
    burned 251 calories doing 50 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace"

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

What crazy news articles, Roger! I have heard of the fish doing that in places, so maybe it was natural. The other two stories are just downright scary!

Good job on finding your penny and not getting run over in the process at the intersection, lol!

My credit card always seems to have something on it, though I pay it pretty quickly and there is not much on it, usually. I want to pay it off before Jenny and my next trip however, in case I need it.

My casserole got barely touched at church, so I am eating leftovers. Not too dietetic! I have a funny bunch at church, and one never knows how they will eat. They are not much on trying anything too different than the same stuff, but I get tired of bringing fried chicken, lol! This was a pretty good casserole of rice and sausage, kind of like dirty rice. I do not get my feelings hurt, as it is a Paula Deen recipe she serves at her restaurant. Their loss! But my gain, as I am still losing 3 lbs. from vacation, lol! Guess I will bring chicken next time, again... :D They did eat up the mac and cheese, strawberries and kiwi, and dessert!

Val, so glad that pressure is gone from that house! What a relief! Nothing better than puppy breath, is there? :)

I am still hobbling some from the gout, but I just could not stay off my feet on some days. It is so much better than when it is acute pain though, it hardly counts!

Off for humor, Roger! Appreciated! Have a good week all! ..Jan..4 inches rain :)