Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    How can fish get on the roof? Dropped from a plane? Or a helicopter that scooped up wster to use on a forest fire? It is such a crazy world where people try to kill someone over a sandwich. This is a mega-crazy week for me...Em has one or more special events. Today AP history meeting at the high school. Gotta run - more later
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I walked 5330 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. It is a cloudy looking morning and it rained lightly overnight. The plan for today is to get the rest of my walking and exercise doing more yard work. We need to make a run to the recycle yard. More rain in the forecast for Wednesday :(

As I was heading out the door there were two walking appetites AKA Deer trotting down the street in front of the house. That confirmed my suspicions of what had been in the yard nibbling the Lillies in the back yard. One ended up as a mostly bare stem with the flower budds gone. We put a wire cage around the other two and hopefully that will do the job of protecting them.

That was sad news last night about the bombing in Manchester England :(
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/may/22/manchester-arena-ariana-grande-concert-explosion-england
    Manchester Arena: police arrest 23-year-old man in connection with bombing that killed 22 – latest
    Details by following the link.

In the weird news department, From Here with more details:
    Memphis couple unwittingly traveled 14 miles on Interstate with sleeping drunk on the trunk
    http://whnt.com/2017/05/21/memphis-couple-unwittingly-traveled-14-miles-on-interstate-with-sleeping-drunk-on-the-trunk/
    MEMPHIS, Tenn. – It’s a story almost too strange to be true.
    A drunk man passes out and goes for a ride on the trunk of a stranger’s car down a busy Memphis interstate, and neither the drunk man nor the driver knew it.
    It’s amazing this man didn’t fall off the car and get run over.
    He is lucky to say the least. The man crawled up on the back of the car with a trunk that’s only about 14 inches wide.
    He was apparently curled up and passed out. Thankfully an MPD officer spotted him, but not before he went on a ride that he doesn’t remember; a ride the driver will never forget.

More details by following the Link
    And
    Wife makes dress out of Starburst wrappers her husband gave her over four years
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/pennsylvania/wife-makes-dress-out-of-starburst-wrappers-her-husband-gave-her-over-four-years/524357984
    ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa. (AP) - A Pennsylvania woman has made a dress from more than 10,000 Starburst candy wrappers given to her by her high school sweetheart-turned-husband.

Emily Seilhamer is an artist and upcycler - meaning she recycles items by creating new things out of them.

The Mount Joy Township woman posted a picture of her dress last week on her Facebook page , Artistry and Upcycling by Emily Seilhamer.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today too

Hi
    It was a raw, wet, chilly day out Monday, More rain on the way for Wednesday too.

https://www.amazon.com/Emergency-Disposable-Ponchos-Various-Colors/dp/B01B3G2PDE/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_468_bs_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=CXSYEYYW4Q03V4EHPF2R
    Emergency Disposable Rain Ponchos in clear so that the safety vest would show through if I had to use them, I picked the 10 pack as they came in different quantities. I bought these so I could throw one in my pocket as a just in case, Having been caught by rain recently that looked like it had finished. I still plan to wear the regular rain gear if I am sure it will rain :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

What crazy news articles, Roger! I have heard of the fish doing that in places, so maybe it was natural. The other two stories are just downright scary!

Good job on finding your penny and not getting run over in the process at the intersection, lol!

My credit card always seems to have something on it, though I pay it pretty quickly and there is not much on it, usually. I want to pay it off before Jenny and my next trip however, in case I need it.

My casserole got barely touched at church, so I am eating leftovers. Not too dietetic! I have a funny bunch at church, and one never knows how they will eat. They are not much on trying anything too different than the same stuff, but I get tired of bringing fried chicken, lol! This was a pretty good casserole of rice and sausage, kind of like dirty rice. I do not get my feelings hurt, as it is a Paula Deen recipe she serves at her restaurant. Their loss! But my gain, as I am still losing 3 lbs. from vacation, lol! Guess I will bring chicken next time, again... :D They did eat up the mac and cheese, strawberries and kiwi, and dessert!

Val, so glad that pressure is gone from that house! What a relief! Nothing better than puppy breath, is there? :)

I am still hobbling some from the gout, but I just could not stay off my feet on some days. It is so much better than when it is acute pain though, it hardly counts!

Off for humor, Roger! Appreciated! Have a good week all! ..Jan..4 inches rain :)

Hi Jan
    If I said that sounds similar to the NS Red Beans and Rice that has sausage in it:)

Re: The News Stories. There are too many people out in the world these days that think of Violence instead of just moving on when something upsets them.

Be careful with the casserole, I would work out the calories and break it down into freezable portions TBH.

Congratulations on this too
    11 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/22/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

I also saw this on the home page, so true too.
    Momof2fromNJ 12 hours ago
    Being on plan is so worth it. The indulgence of off plan eating really hinders me in every way. 100% on plan today and my cardio done. Who is with my on this. JL I know you are, anyone else?

Good Luck with the Gout
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

It seems soggy everywhere! We have flash flood warnings, but I must say my yard and the birds and me are enjoying the weather! Your deer nibbled last year, too on your plants! I always think of you as kind of in the city, so it always surprises me you have trouble. Your neighborhood sounds quite nice!

Ha ha, Roger! You ARE the king of humor! :D Me, on an elliptical! That is Lean Jean, I think. though the letters are a different order. I think anyway! They must have an elliptical thing going, or maybe just exercising. I am not quite sure. They are motivation for each other I know! :) They are far more disciplined than me!

Nice job with the ponchos! I am thinking you will get a ton of use out of them!

I thought I could get to the doctor next week for refills but I forgot a couple pills I take 2x's a day. So I need to fit it in this week. I just can not eat too many carbs. The rice killed me and tonite I am going to my son's for hamburger's. I had so wanted to show my doctor my progress. I know I did it, and this is a little burp, so to speak, but it seems I can not catch a break timing wise. I have a feeling my labs are going to be messed up from the last week and a half. I only hope my efforts still show from the last two months! Rats!! lol!!

I had seen the starburst dress. That was a lot of work!! I would have a heart attack If someone was on my trunk. I do not know how you could not notice though. I sure look at my car, and am pretty sure I would see a body, dark or not!

The bombings are awful. What is wrong with people? So many lives wasted and changed for meaningless mindless violence. :'( Pure evil...

Going for the humor on that note! Thank goodness for the good stuff and good people!
    Don't work too hard! And keep up your great diligence! ..Inspired!!... Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Mom2mom is Donna. She and JL... (Jodi Lynn) are bedt buds....both do two kiurs/day on the elliptical. They're both somewhere in the NE (relatively your [Roger's] neck of the woods). Both super happy to help and encourage. Love the reference to "walking appetites" ... in my world, that applies to my puppies. Within a week, they'll need ti graduate out of the playpen...so i need to clear out the master bathroom and find my baby gate. Work is still a killer! Em enjoyed her College Readiness program graduation. Today i just need to drive to the amusement park at 5pm, pickup a carful of kids and deliver them each to their houses (they are taking a charter bus going there, but parent pickup going home). I'm thoroughly exhausted.
  • RogerToo
    Yet More Humor today

Hi
    I walked 5800 Steps + a Quarter and 5 Pennies during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 58 on the news channel and 58 degrees on the front porch. It is a cloudy looking morning and it rained very lightly overnight. The street was wet, under the trees was dry. Once again the plan for today is to get the rest of my walking and exercise doing more yard work. We did the run to the recycle yard. Last nights weather forecast showed a 60% chance of rain for Wednesday, Today, and 90% for Thursday and 60% for Friday.
    Yesterday I did end up over 10 step count :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

It seems soggy everywhere! We have flash flood warnings, but I must say my yard and the birds and me are enjoying the weather! Your deer nibbled last year, too on your plants! I always think of you as kind of in the city, so it always surprises me you have trouble. Your neighborhood sounds quite nice!

Ha ha, Roger! You ARE the king of humor! :D Me, on an elliptical! That is Lean Jean, I think. though the letters are a different order. I think anyway! They must have an elliptical thing going, or maybe just exercising. I am not quite sure. They are motivation for each other I know! :) They are far more disciplined than me!

Nice job with the ponchos! I am thinking you will get a ton of use out of them!
    Hi Jan
    I am not in a large city, I am in the Suburbs... We have lots of wooded areas left that will never be developed as they are in the flood plains along the brooks, plenty of parks too. Much less wooded areas than when I was in High School however :(

I had been thinking about them recently so I ordered two books for my brother and the ponchos in one go on Amazon.

I think some of the order is scheduled for delivery Thursday.
    I thought I could get to the doctor next week for refills but I forgot a couple pills I take 2x's a day. So I need to fit it in this week. I just can not eat too many carbs. The rice killed me and tonite I am going to my son's for hamburger's. I had so wanted to show my doctor my progress. I know I did it, and this is a little burp, so to speak, but it seems I can not catch a break timing wise. I have a feeling my labs are going to be messed up from the last week and a half. I only hope my efforts still show from the last two months! Rats!! lol!!

I had seen the starburst dress. That was a lot of work!! I would have a heart attack If someone was on my trunk. I do not know how you could not notice though. I sure look at my car, and am pretty sure I would see a body, dark or not!
    Funny You should say that as I believe it was the rice that came with the Diet order from the Chinese Take Out that did likewise to me, I ordered it with Sauce on the side and ended up not using the sauce, so I had the Vegetables only. I ordered the Snow Peas, String Beans and Broccoli meal. I also had a small order of the Spare Ribs for Protein. I am just now back near where I was for weight before that :(

I need to avoid sugars as I will be having blood work in June and sugars are reflected in the A1C reading.
    The bombings are awful. What is wrong with people? So many lives wasted and changed for meaningless mindless violence. :'( Pure evil...

Going for the humor on that note! Thank goodness for the good stuff and good people!
    Don't work too hard! And keep up your great diligence! ..Inspired!!... Jan

ISIS are complete barbarians, they are happy that children were killed :(
    Suicide Bombers are there low tech, low cost version of a smart bomb and I know of no way to stop them. All the Bomb and metal detectors at entrances cannot catch someone that waits outside to people to exit a building as happened in England.

Congratulations on keeping under the goal.
    8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/23/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Mom2mom is Donna. She and JL... (Jodi Lynn) are bedt buds....both do two kiurs/day on the elliptical. They're both somewhere in the NE (relatively your [Roger's] neck of the woods). Both super happy to help and encourage. Love the reference to "walking appetites" ... in my world, that applies to my puppies. Within a week, they'll need ti graduate out of the playpen...so i need to clear out the master bathroom and find my baby gate. Work is still a killer! Em enjoyed her College Readiness program graduation. Today i just need to drive to the amusement park at 5pm, pickup a carful of kids and deliver them each to their houses (they are taking a charter bus going there, but parent pickup going home). I'm thoroughly exhausted.

Hi Val
    I'm not getting what "kiurs/day" is, sorry for being dense.

Good Luck with the Pups

We had problems with deer last year, We probably need to figure out a gate that would look good and block off the end of the Driveway that they are likely using to enter the back yard.

That is a interesting method for a trip, charter bus one way :)

I hope work gets better soon
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    More Humor and a post with links to Fails and more from elsewhere

Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch and has gone up one entire degree on the porch in the last two hours. It is a rainy looking morning and it started raining overnight.

I ended up with 11K+ for a step count with another run to the Home Depot and working in the yard added exercise to the day :)

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=44313196&nid=148
    Man traveling across the country mowing lawns for those in need makes a stop in Utah
    LEHI — There is no lawn Rodney Smith Jr. won’t tackle. From the longest grass to the biggest weeds, the 27-year-old does it all.

The Alabama A&M University student is traveling from coast to coast this summer mowing lawns for those in need.

"What we do is, we do it for free. We don't charge nothing,” Smith said. “We cut grass free for the elderly, disabled, single parent mothers and veterans.”

In 2015, while attending school, Smith saw an elderly man struggling to mow his lawn and it sparked an idea. He started Raising Men Lawn Care, a service that encourages youth to give back to those who are struggling by mowing, raking lawns and shoveling snow from driveways.

"It lifts me up, you know. They're on a fixed income, they can only afford so much,” Smith said. “So for us to come by and help them out, they use those funds on things they really need."
    Snipped, more info in the article
    Smith started hitting southern states at the beginning of May. So far, Smith has mowed lawns in 12 states including Utah. With equipment donated by the manufacturing company Briggs & Stratton, he hopes to hit all 50 states by the end of June.

"Sometimes I can do two, three states in a day, depending on how close the states are,” Smith said.

His experience so far has been a rewarding one. Smith said he’ll never forget the people he met in the Lone Star State.

"I had one lady in Texas, she cried in my arms because her grass was so big and she needed it cut,” he said.

On Friday night, Smith mowed the lawn of an elderly couple in Lehi. His next stop is Oregon. Smith plans to end his journey in Hawaii in late June. Smith hopes this journey across America will encourage others to serve those in need.
    What a Nice Thing to do

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I noticed this too, good job.

10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/24/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Crazy day yesterday! I went to have my labs drawn, which took about 2 hours and not the half hour I was hoping. My Doc is on vacation, and so were the receptionists. The nurse had not looked on the sign in sheet to see why I was there, and assumed I was seeing the doctor. With all three patients there, I sat for 45 min. till they discovered it! I guess they were on vacation ,too! :#

I noticed your steps, Roger! Awesome job!! I have only 1 more lb. to lose the rice fiasco from Sunday. We had hamburgers, corn, chips, and beans on Tues. celebrating a late Mother's Day with my son, and I was proud I had only one helping! Yay!!! ( And for some reason in my latter years, I have developed a real extra love of rice!)

Love your story on the grass cutters. What a great idea! I have to admit, I am rather cynical when it comes to people! Guess that is why I love dogs and cats, ect. so much.! :)

I do not know what kiurs/day is either! :|

Hope you get some sunshine! We have 2 days before thunderstorms again, but I am loving the rain. Much better than drought!

Still hurting from the gout much longer than I expected. Not sure if it moving around or I am a little sore from my wave tumble. Kind of achey and arthritic everywhere the last several days. I am so stiff when I sit too, it takes about 5 minutes to unwrap and get everything moving. Not too sure what is going on. And that is something you do not want to share with the Doc and give him open season on diagnosing your ailments! I prefer to have an inkling first!! :)

Take care! Keep up our standards, lol! ..Jan.. B) A chilly 70 degrees :D
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 6100+ Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as we will be doing more work in the garden later today. It rained overnight and Thundered twice with heavy rain and thunder a few minutes before midnight, thus I had broken sleep and am somewhat tired.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Crazy day yesterday! I went to have my labs drawn, which took about 2 hours and not the half hour I was hoping. My Doc is on vacation, and so were the receptionists. The nurse had not looked on the sign in sheet to see why I was there, and assumed I was seeing the doctor. With all three patients there, I sat for 45 min. till they discovered it! I guess they were on vacation ,too! :#

I noticed your steps, Roger! Awesome job!! I have only 1 more lb. to lose the rice fiasco from Sunday. We had hamburgers, corn, chips, and beans on Tues. celebrating a late Mother's Day with my son, and I was proud I had only one helping! Yay!!! ( And for some reason in my latter years, I have developed a real extra love of rice!)

Love your story on the grass cutters. What a great idea! I have to admit, I am rather cynical when it comes to people! Guess that is why I love dogs and cats, ect. so much.! :)

I do not know what kiurs/day is either! :|

Hope you get some sunshine! We have 2 days before thunderstorms again, but I am loving the rain. Much better than drought!

Still hurting from the gout much longer than I expected. Not sure if it moving around or I am a little sore from my wave tumble. Kind of achey and arthritic everywhere the last several days. I am so stiff when I sit too, it takes about 5 minutes to unwrap and get everything moving. Not too sure what is going on. And that is something you do not want to share with the Doc and give him open season on diagnosing your ailments! I prefer to have an inkling first!! :)

Take care! Keep up our standards, lol! ..Jan.. B) A chilly 70 degrees :D

Hi Jan
    It appears that the Sun may break through later today. I believe that Saturday is in the forecast as the best day of the Holiday Weekend :)

It stinks when that happens at the doctors, sorry it had to be You.

Good Luck with the Gout, that is why I take Allopurinol nightly before bed. It helps flush out the Uric Acid.
    Side effects shown here.
    http://www.healthline.com/health/allopurinol-oral-tablet

Regarding the Rice Fiasco You mention. I think that is one of the culprits when I get Chinese Take Out. I say that since the Three Vegetables in the Diet Meal with sauce on the side and not used should not do it. They are Snow Peas, Broccoli and String Beans.
    I Exploded my diet The Other day, Thursday to be exact :)
    I went to Wendy's and had a Baconator and The Limited time AFAIK Baconator Fries, I stayed off of the scale yesterday, Friday, and this morning I was down almost 1/4 pound from Thursday Mornings weight. As I see it the most likely Culprit was the White Rice and not the Small Bone in Spare Ribs I also had with the Chinese meal.

Baconator = 950 Calories, 2g Fiber, 59g Protein
    Thick-cut Applewood Smoked Bacon, two 1/4 lb* patties and even more bacon for a grand total of six (6) fresh-cooked, never microwaved strips. Topped off with mayo, ketchup and cheese on a premium toasted bun to hold the meaty masterpiece together.
    r0mHRz.png

Baconator Fries which were OK, howver IMO they were mainly a large serving of Fries with Melted Cheese and bits of Bacon. =
    Natural cut fries get a savory smothering of creamy cheese sauce and shredded cheddar cheese and a crispy heaping helping of the Applewood Smoked Bacon that made its namesake famous.
    490 calories
    fCCS8A.png

9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/25/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    burned 645 calories doing 90 minutes of Gardening, general
    Congratulations
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Happy Memorial Day Week-end!

Now that is a way to celebrate! LOL! Suddenly I have this taste for a Burger King double whopper that I managed to not stop for yesterday!!!! >:)

Life is no fun if you can not have some goodies every now and them. I took off my extra weight. Now to keep going till the Doc on Tuesday! Wishing I can lose a little more!!

I take allopurinol 2x a day. I think my feet are a little sunburned from the beach too, but you can not really tell, as they are dark from wearing flip flops! They are slowly feeling better!

I planted a clematis to replace the one I lost over the winter, and my mounding primrose. Still have a hydrangea to plant. It is getting too big for it's pot. The yard looks up to date for a change as I weeded some too. Still have some trimming and bush removal to do.

I hate when one does not sleep well! It leaves me cranky and definitely with no energy! Hopefully you can nap?

Be good and get back on track, after Memorial Day too! Are you having goodies?

Thanks for the allopurinol info! Take care- do not work too hard!! ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    RogerToo wrote: »

Hi Val
    I'm not getting what "kiurs/day" is, sorry for being dense.

Good Luck with the Pups

We had problems with deer last year, We probably need to figure out a gate that would look good and block off the end of the Driveway that they are likely using to enter the back yard.

That is a interesting method for a trip, charter bus one way :)

I hope work gets better soon
    Roger

Hours/day. Sorry about that. I'll try to proofread.
  • hope4change_val
    Em graduated 8th grade. She's taking Geometry over the summer plus has three books to read plus reports, and AP Geography work over the summer. I'm still on another killer proposal (due Wednesday) do the end is in sight. I'm so wiped out. The puppies are so sweet and adorable...getting big. A lady is coming on Sunday to see them...interested in Licorice. Still to early to separate them. I've seriously bonded with these little darlings.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor again

14 Pics That Just Plain Shouldn't Exist

http://social.diply.com/uncomfortable-own-skin?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=auntyacid

Yikes on the first one
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Hi
    I walked 7100+ Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch.

On my return from the walk I drove out to get a haircut and then on to the Grocery Store, The ShopRite has 80% Hamburger on sale for $1.99 by using the Key Tag from them. Sadly that is a good price around here. I am comfortable using the 80% since I will be draining it first and then using it during the upcoming days. I also froze 1/2 of it :)

Now Some Humor
    New CEO
    Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers. On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business.
    He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?”
    A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week ... Why?”
    The CEO said, "Wait right here.”
    He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."
    Feeling pretty good about himself the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?”
    From across the room a voice said, "Pizza delivery guy from Donino's"
    A three-legged dog walks into a saloon in the Old West. He slides up to the bar and announces: ''I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.''
    Did you hear about the 2 dyslexic theologians? They spent hours and hours arguing about the existence of Dog.

Sadly people seem to be losing their minds
    Arizona Man Arrested For Threatening Congresswoman Over Trump
    Posted at 11:53 am on May 25, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
    An Arizona man was arrested after authorities say he told a Congresswoman her ‘days were numbered’ after she voted to support President Trump.

According to the FBI, a Tuscon school district employee threatened to shoot Representative Martha McSally (R-Ariz.) in three separate voice messages in May after he became enraged with her for supporting President Donald Trump.

Authorities tracked the caller’s phone number to Steve Martan, 58, who was later arrested for allegedly threatening to assault and murder a U.S. official, interfering with McSally’s duties and retaliating against her, according to a criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court in Tucson.

On May 2 and May 10, Martan is accused of calling McSally’s congressional office and leaving threatening, expletive-filled voice-mail messages.

“Yeah this is for Martha McSally,” Martan allegedly said in the first recording, before saying he wanted to wring the congresswoman’s neck. “You need to get back where you came from and leave Arizona,” he added.

According to the Daily Star Martan, who works as a campus monitor at the Miles Explanatory Learning Center in the Tucson Unified School District, was told not to come to campus while the district investigates the allegations against him.

“Our community should be deeply disturbed by these threats of violence,” District Director C.J. Karamargin said in a statement. “Threatening to shoot a member of Congress between the eyes and stating that her days are numbered is sickening. It is especially sickening here in southeastern Arizona because we know, perhaps better than any congressional district in the country, what happens when threats of violence become acts of violence.”
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    Happy Memorial Day Week-end!

Now that is a way to celebrate! LOL! Suddenly I have this taste for a Burger King double whopper that I managed to not stop for yesterday!!!! >:)

Life is no fun if you can not have some goodies every now and them. I took off my extra weight. Now to keep going till the Doc on Tuesday! Wishing I can lose a little more!!

I take allopurinol 2x a day. I think my feet are a little sunburned from the beach too, but you can not really tell, as they are dark from wearing flip flops! They are slowly feeling better!

I planted a clematis to replace the one I lost over the winter, and my mounding primrose. Still have a hydrangea to plant. It is getting too big for it's pot. The yard looks up to date for a change as I weeded some too. Still have some trimming and bush removal to do.

I hate when one does not sleep well! It leaves me cranky and definitely with no energy! Hopefully you can nap?

Be good and get back on track, after Memorial Day too! Are you having goodies?

Thanks for the allopurinol info! Take care- do not work too hard!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Well the Wendy's Baconator did hit the spot and I finally figured out how to reduce the carbs in it too. Take a serrated knife and slice off some of the top and bottom bun :)
    And of course no more Baconator Fries, they were OK, However they were not crave inducing thankfully.

The Burger King and their Whoppers being in the same shopping center as the ShopRite is one reason for going shopping there early. The BK Breakfasts never thrilled me so that made it easy to avoid that temptation.

In honor of the Holiday Weekend I did buy a 2 slice package of This, The mille-feuille vanilla slice, custard slice, also known as the Napoleon that is 90 calories and nicely low in carbs too, which I had been developing a craving and when I saw that it would work really nicely as a NS Dessert the sale was made :)
    From Here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mille-feuille
    Traditionally, a mille-feuille is made up of three layers of puff pastry (pâte feuilletée), alternating with two layers of pastry cream (crème pâtissière), but sometimes whipped cream or jam are substituted. The top pastry layer is dusted with confectioner's sugar, and sometimes cocoa, pastry crumbs, or pulverized seeds (e.g. roasted almonds). Alternatively the top is glazed with icing or fondant in alternating white (icing) and brown (chocolate) stripes, and combed.
    0ErMei.jpg
    BTW the picture is exactly what the ones I bought look like :)

Wow, Twice a day, I was taking it once a day and now I am using 1/2 a pill based on the doctors advice to try that.

Am I having goodies, Yup look at the picture, I think a I will end up with 4 servings in the container and at 180 calories and 20 Carbs I could eat a double serving and end up 10 calories under the NS Ice Cream Cup AKA Chocolate Brownie Sundae. Temptation get thee behind me :)

Good Luck with Your Plantings
    Roger