Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited June 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so proud of you taking a day off!! I hope you got a little rest, too! The puppies sound so cute, I hope they will get good homes! Is there a ban in place for pit bulls where you are?

I did take pictures of the box, but really the box does not look too bad. I am not sure it is helpful. It is hard to see it was flattened, and the creases do not show too well. I wish I would have taken a picture before I opened it, and the box kind of fluffed back, lol!
    Hi Jan
    Oh well, Next time You will know to make a record of before and after opening :)
    Lots of luck trying to decide what to have on the 16th! I would have a $400.00 bill trying to cram in sides, lol!

I hear the new NS spinach cheese pretzel melt seems good. Have you tried that yet? I have yet to get back on track. Well, no wonder I lose so slowly. :/ Good job staying in your five pounds!

We had our first day without rain yesterday. I might need to actually water tomorrow! The humidity has been awful though with all the storm showers for almost 2 wks. Just sticky and buggy! LOL! :s

Take care all! Keep up the steady work!! And rest in between! ..Jan :)

Much of the menu sounds delicious TBH. Luckily I within 1/4 pound of the middle of the 5 pound range that I want to stay within, or to put it another way 2.75 pounds above my lowest weight. That is happening since I have been a Good Boy eating on NS plan lately and no sugary treats. I have a bunch of the new melts in yesterdays delivery, I added a bunch of the lunch melts A La Carte since I like them better than either the Lean Pockets or Hot pockets from the supermarket. Today the Turkey Pot Pie Melt and tomorrow the NS spinach cheese pretzel melt. I took a chance and ordered 7 of them :)

I seem to remember bad news out of Alabama in the last day or two?

We seem to be overloaded with flies already. I have had to kill them in the house, they come in when the door is opened to the backyard especially :(

Stay Comfortable. I am sure I mentioned I handle the heat and humidity much better if I stay away from sugary snacks and foods.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. Congratulations on This
    10 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/03/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    San Antonio is full of pitbulls. Many apartments have breed restrictions, but none of the cities around here. I hate the way dogs are treated in this city. Very high euthanasia rate. Especially being hand-raised, these pups are super imprinted on loving people. When i peak into their room...they perk up and run to me with tails wagging! Yes--an awesome feeling! I'm bringing them out with the big dogs more and more. Tomorrow (Mon), i see the new hip doc. Tues start PT for my back. Wed take the babies to the vet.

Hi Val
    In some ways I try and ignore things I can not change and avoid having them bother me.

It sounds like You have a busy few days coming up. Good Luck with the new Hip doctor and the PT.

Cheers
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!

The day started off with a bang, or should I say the lack of a bang! I set my alarm for 7pm by accident instead of 7 am and did not wake till 9:15. So I missed church. I really missed my small group, as the man who is teaching is quite good. He has several PhD's but is very sweet and humble, and of course knowledgeable. H was born in Pakistan, and his Dad is still a Christian minister there.. It give most things a different and interesting slant.

I am rather enjoying the morning however, as I still had things to do left over from Sat. I am just so behind ! But the yard looks nice, lol! My recycling is a little out of control, as is just some straightening! I am also glad you mentioned fly problems. I was thinking it was just me, and I was starting to have a complex! Either that or it was reminding me of the old movie Amityville Horror! All of a sudden I have them coming in the house just as fast as I can get rid of them. It is just creepy. WE are talking whole herds. Well, swarms....Yech!

Sounds like you made good choices for NS as you have lots of pizza ordered! Don't you love it when that works out?

Sorry about the deer nibbles. They are pretty though! (probably because they are not eating my stuff!) Seasons must be changing if the chipmunk is scrambling around. They really are cute!! I am not sure we had much happen here. I have not looked at the news yet today.We did have a 2.something earthquake near Ft. Payne a day or so ago. Unless it was 4 am, when I woke up for some reason, I did not feel it. I did feel the one in 2003, centered in the same area. I was at the hospital on the 6th floor, and felt the waves, and the signs were all moving. I was the only one to guess it was an earthquake at work. It was just the classic wave though, Pretty cool!! I think that was a 4 though, can't quite remember! :)

Val, good luck with your appts and PT! Let us know how it goes!! :# ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

The day started off with a bang, or should I say the lack of a bang! I set my alarm for 7pm by accident instead of 7 am and did not wake till 9:15. So I missed church. I really missed my small group, as the man who is teaching is quite good. He has several PhD's but is very sweet and humble, and of course knowledgeable. H was born in Pakistan, and his Dad is still a Christian minister there.. It give most things a different and interesting slant.

I am rather enjoying the morning however, as I still had things to do left over from Sat. I am just so behind ! But the yard looks nice, lol! My recycling is a little out of control, as is just some straightening! I am also glad you mentioned fly problems. I was thinking it was just me, and I was starting to have a complex! Either that or it was reminding me of the old movie Amityville Horror! All of a sudden I have them coming in the house just as fast as I can get rid of them. It is just creepy. WE are talking whole herds. Well, swarms....Yech!

Sounds like you made good choices for NS as you have lots of pizza ordered! Don't you love it when that works out?

Sorry about the deer nibbles. They are pretty though! (probably because they are not eating my stuff!) Seasons must be changing if the chipmunk is scrambling around. They really are cute!! I am not sure we had much happen here. I have not looked at the news yet today.We did have a 2.something earthquake near Ft. Payne a day or so ago. Unless it was 4 am, when I woke up for some reason, I did not feel it. I did feel the one in 2003, centered in the same area. I was at the hospital on the 6th floor, and felt the waves, and the signs were all moving. I was the only one to guess it was an earthquake at work. It was just the classic wave though, Pretty cool!! I think that was a 4 though, can't quite remember! :)

Val, good luck with your appts and PT! Let us know how it goes!! :# ..Jan

Hi Jan
    We all oversleep at some point in time, I will go further and say that I have the same thing in the past when setting the alarm.

I hate flies, I can usually hit them on the front window with the swatter as they seem to be drawn to the sunlight there. I hope that this year they are not as prevalent as last year, they were really bad in the house then. I hope You get them under control quickly. FWIW I can not use a fly killer spray due to my brother refusing to enter the room for a day or two if I do, hence the swatter :)

What I was referring to is this, more info by following the link:
    http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/06/alabama_mail_carrier_arrested.html
    Alabama mail carrier arrested for feeding dog meatballs laced with nails
    Updated on June 2, 2017 at 11:04 AM Posted on June 1, 2017 at 5:30 PM

A north Alabama mail carrier could go to prison for up to 10 years if convicted of feeding a dog meat balls that contained nails.
    Susanna Burhans Madison County Jail

U.S. Postal Service worker Susanna Dawn Burhans, 47, is charged with aggravated cruelty to animals, a Class C felony. She was arrested today and released from the Madison County Jail after posting $2,500 bail.

Interesting read here, if completely true, here is an excerpt:
    https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/brainwaves/is-sugar-really-toxic-sifting-through-the-evidence/
    Regardless of where the sugar we eat comes from, our cells are interested in dealing with fructose and glucose, not the bulkier sucrose. Enzymes in the intestine split sucrose into fructose and glucose within seconds, so as far as the human body is concerned sucrose and high-fructose corn syrup are equivalent. The same is not true for their constituent molecules. Glucose travels through the bloodstream to all of our tissues, because every cell readily converts glucose into energy. In contrast, liver cells are one of the few types of cells that can convert fructose to energy, which puts the onus of metabolizing fructose almost entirely on one organ. The liver accomplishes this primarily by turning fructose into glucose and lactate. Eating exceptionally large amounts of fructose taxes the liver: it spends so much energy turning fructose into other molecules that it may not have much energy left for all its other functions. A consequence of this energy depletion is production of uric acid, which research has linked to gout, kidney stones and high blood pressure.

When I saw the Chipmunk I was instantly reminded of the Chip and Dale Cartoons and comic books,
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Chip+and+Dale+comic+books&gbv=1&prmd=ivns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiq4fK-jaXUAhUM74MKHTw5BNYQ_AUIBQ

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    I posted more humor a few minutes ago :)

Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 54 on the news channel and 60 degrees on the front porch. I was tired this morning, The Overnight Thunderstorm woke me up at 3AM, I never did manage to get back to a good sleep so I gave up at 5:30 :(
    Later on I need to mow after the grass dries out better from the rain that accompanied the Thunderstorm.

I had the new NS Turkey Pot Pie Melt for lunch Sunday, Tasty, although I still prefer the NS Pepperoni Pizza Melt. I am happy I ordered 7 of them. Today for Lunch I will be trying the new NS Spinach & Cheese Pretzel Melt which I also took a chance on ordering 7 of. I did buy a bunch of the melts A La Carte and some Dinners therefor I will be delaying the upcoming order. I took this step as I am still overloaded with the NS Snacks and I can get Good Dinners substitutes and I use Cereal and hot NS breakfasts alternating them. I use the cereals when I switch to them until the new quart of 1% milk I opened is used up.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations On
    7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/04/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.

Buttons61 7 hours ago
    has logged in for 305 days in a row!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Three Images of the Blackberry and Raspberry Bushes. It looks like a bumper crop of Blackberries too.

4y7XHd.jpg
    Overview that includes a Pot with Sage & Rosemary

ZnZztf.jpg
    Some of the Blackberry up close

J9jP3f.jpg
    one of the Raspberry plants and more of the Blackberry plant

Oh & I found a Nickel this morning while walking :)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    This ortho says Trochanteric Bursitis too, but thinks the girst guy's shot missed the mark. So Thursday go to a clinic to have an ultrasound guided shot in the bursa. Plus hip PT...in addition to (and separate location) to the back PT. Just thus schedule is hoing to kill me...or get me fired. Gotta run. Sorry so short.
  • Buttons61
    edited June 2017
    Good Morning!!

Awesome pictures of your plants! They are so beautiful! What kind of mulch do you use? I think I see some in the pics, or are you just a good weed puller? LOL!

I have picked 3 blueberries...The frost had got them when trying to bloom. Do not think I will have any more. :( I also need to adjust the soil!

You must have been really busy with your order, Roger! All good sounding picks!

It is so humid here and yucky, I did not even have coffee this morning. I had cool cranberry juice and it hit the spot!! Just from feeding the birds and throwing May May's bacon scented ball about 10x, I was done with the outdoors and itchy, lol! I do need to work in the "garden" later though! It is bill time!!

Good job finding change lately! Always helpful! :) I did see my chipmunk yesterday. I think he is the one May May got a hold of and I hoped I rescued. I have only ever seen one, so I am hoping he is it! Love the chipmunks cartoons!! (They aren't real? :# ).

Gosh, I had forgot about the meatball mail lady. I saw that on facebook. It had made the rounds thru the dog sites, and we all hope she goes to jail. Just awful...

Val! Good to hear from you! Bless your heart, you are going to be busy!! Busier!!!! So glad that you are finding help though for your hip and back. Praying you find some relief!!

Stay strong all!!! Jan B) PS-interesting about the sugars and liver. The Doc is not happy with mine!
  • RogerToo
    Humor is posted, I posed fewer than usual due to the length of the last one :)

Hi
    I walked 5200 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 60 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. I was somewhat tired this morning. I woke up around 4:20 and I never did manage to get back to a good sleep so I gave up at 5:40 :(
    I really need to mow the grass, It never dried out from the rain that accompanied the previous nights Thunderstorm.
    Today it was raining when I went out the door and there was a raw feel to the air.

I had the new NS Spinach & Cheese Pretzel Melt for lunch Monday, It was tasty, although I still prefer the NS Pepperoni Pizza Melt. I am happy I ordered 7 of them.

The world has gone nuts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/06/05/woman-fights-mcdonalds-employee/370795001/
    Watch 'extremely hangry' woman fight McDonald's employee
    DES MOINES — A woman gave new meaning to the word "hangry" Saturday as she fought with McDonald's employees over the delivery of a meal at a Des Moines restaurant.

Two men and a woman ordered McChicken sandwiches about 9 p.m. CT, but apparently were hungry and upset about the wait time, according to a police report.

The employees told police the woman came to the counter and started yelling that she wanted either her food or her money back.

"Give me my (expletive)!" the woman is heard shouting in a video recorded by another customer.

And this :(
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/06/05/multiple-deaths-reported-orlando-workplace-shooting-rampage/102511896/
    Fired worker kills five and himself in Orlando rampage
    ORLANDO — A disgruntled former employee returned to a local RV accessory business Monday and fatally shot five people before killing himself, another horror in a city still healing from a bloody mass murder at a nightclub less than one year ago.

John Robert Neumann Jr, 45, who had been fired in April, entered the Fiamma Inc. building at about 8 a.m. ET and opened fire, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said. A 911 call came in at 8:03 and officers were on the scene two minutes later, Demings said.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    This ortho says Trochanteric Bursitis too, but thinks the first guy's shot missed the mark. So Thursday go to a clinic to have an ultrasound guided shot in the bursa. Plus hip PT...in addition to (and separate location) to the back PT. Just thus schedule is going to kill me...or get me fired. Gotta run. Sorry so short.

Hi val
    Wow, is that good news or bad news, Missing the mark and a fancy way to be sure they hit the mark?
    I suspect You can not wait til Thursday for some relief.

Add in Dual PT and You will be super busy.

Good Luck getting it all in.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!!

Awesome pictures of your plants! They are so beautiful! What kind of mulch do you use? I think I see some in the pics, or are you just a good weed puller? LOL!

I have picked 3 blueberries...The frost had got them when trying to bloom. Do not think I will have any more. :( I also need to adjust the soil!

You must have been really busy with your order, Roger! All good sounding picks!

It is so humid here and yucky, I did not even have coffee this morning. I had cool cranberry juice and it hit the spot!! Just from feeding the birds and throwing May May's bacon scented ball about 10x, I was done with the outdoors and itchy, lol! I do need to work in the "garden" later though! It is bill time!!
    Hi Jan
    If I said my brother buys whatever is on sale. The bags went to the curb so I can not even look at them to see what brand. All I remember is that they are a colored wood chips mulch. The last batch were bought on sale at $2.50 a bag.

The Mulch You see there is from last years application. If we ever get out of this rainy day pattern we need 10 more bags as the usage has been extended over last years usage.
    Good job finding change lately! Always helpful! :) I did see my chipmunk yesterday. I think he is the one May May got a hold of and I hoped I rescued. I have only ever seen one, so I am hoping he is it! Love the chipmunks cartoons!! (They aren't real? :# ).

Gosh, I had forgot about the meatball mail lady. I saw that on facebook. It had made the rounds thru the dog sites, and we all hope she goes to jail. Just awful...

Val! Good to hear from you! Bless your heart, you are going to be busy!! Busier!!!! So glad that you are finding help though for your hip and back. Praying you find some relief!!

Stay strong all!!! Jan B) PS-interesting about the sugars and liver. The Doc is not happy with mine!

It is hit or miss finding money, a lot of what I find is either nice and shiny and easy to spot or so weathered it blends in and it is only when I see the shape that I look closer :)

Last year I saw two Chipmunks running around together, this year in a different location is where I saw this one. Lots of Tree Rats AKA Squirrels all over however.

See, Your state makes the news just like NJ does with bad things happening sadly. They do not do a good job reporting good things in comparison. It looks like MTV is back at the Jersey Shore with another show that will show NJ poorly IMO once again
    What they said is
    Here’s what they’re looking for:
    Single men and women of all ethnicities.
    Expressive, loud, fun, and outgoing people.
    Be able to relate to old school MTV and VH1.
    and
    The Bamboo Bar in Seaside Heights is looking for "loud and fun" single people at a casting call.

Not what we need here in NJ :(

Good Luck with Your Liver, Liver problems :(

Congratulations on being so consistent :)
    13 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/05/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    and More Humor has been Posted :)

Hi
    I walked 7100 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 50 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. I Did see a Fox scavenging Road Kill on the way back to house.

http://ksnt.com/2017/06/02/101-year-old-topeka-woman-ready-for-high-school-reunion/
    101-year-old Topeka woman ready for high school reunion
    By James Ryan Published: June 2, 2017, 10:49 pm
    TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – A 101-year-old Topeka woman is getting ready for her 83rd high school reunion. Dorothy Priddy graduated from Seaman High School in 1934. She has many fond memories of that time, but she admits she didn’t spend a lot of time studying.
    “I walked from Seaman High School over to Woolworth’s to work for 10 cents an hour. That’s how much I got paid,” said Priddy.
    On Sunday she will go to the Seaman Annual Alumni Banquet. It’s her first alumni event in decades and she said she’s a little nervous.
    “Out of my class I think there’s only about two left. There were 65,” said Priddy.
    She’s excited to see the renovation to her old high school. The building she went to school is now the district office at the corner of Tyler and Lyman.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/north-phoenix/carpet-cleaner-extinguishes-brush-fire-with-misting-hose
    Carpet cleaner extinguishes brush fire with misting hose
    Jared Aiton said he wasn't sure his plan would work. He had a tank of water and a hose, but the sprayer only shoots a mist, and yet that was enough to save the day.

Aiton cleans carpets. He was driving his van when the carpet cleaner became a firefighter on May 31st.

"Come up over a hill and on the left side I see some flashing lights and a fire," he said. "I just felt that I needed to put it out."

Aiton saw a brush fire. So the man stood on the side of Loop 303 near 35th Avenue, carpet cleaning hose in hand, fire in his sights.

But he wasn't sure the hose's mist would actually help extinguish the flames.

More info with the links to both items

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

My daughter invited me to go see Wonder Woman at 10:45 Tuesday morning. I managed to hit the P.O. and recycling before meeting her. For me to be up and out is quite the accomplishment! It was the best movie I had seen in years!!! We saw it in 3-D. I paid 4.50 with my senior discount, but was sure worth even an evening price of ten dollars! If you have not treated yourself lately, this would be it!! At first some of the graphics are obviously computer generated, but this quickly gives way to just enjoyment. No sex scenes, cussing: it was just the best movie I have seen in years, and the 3D was awesome!!! Hence, I never wrote yesterday. I lost my internet for the evening due to rain somewhere, I guess. So I read an interesting novel about the 1900 Galveston Hurricane. A good and different day!

Glad for the humor! I will hit there next! Your two articles above are interesting! Imagine going to a reunion when you are that old. That is pretty awesome! I love the carpet cleaning firefighter! That was nice of him to stop! Brave too!

Maybe we will both get a little break from the rain! I am amazed we have had so much, and not complaining. It is wet, and I have mushrooms sprouting in many places, lol! If I remember correctly, that is the sun peeking thru this morning, lol! :#

Tonite is a picnic for weds. nite at church! Fried chicken, potato salad, veggies and fruit! Well, the veggies and fruit will be good for me! Probably a hard day! :)

Yes, I grimaced at more Jersey shore! Only Alabama people would understand the pain in that, but only half, because the other half are probably out causing problems and bad publicity! I get it! :s

Keep up the great walking! Liked you saw a fox! ..Have a good Thursday!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor today, I liked the Noah Humor, That must be due to my twisted sense of humor

Hi
    I walked 6500 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 50 degrees on the front porch. I Did see a the Fox today to on the way back to house. I ended up the day yesterday with 12.6k steps.

Wednesday a little bit before noon I got my LWB with the 7 replacement frozen lunch items that were short in my BWB. I also got my BBB and therefore I ended up with a lot of steps after also mowing the lawn due to a burst of energy and the nice weather. I also got my Laundry done, I had a productive day Wednesday as regards chores. Today I shall be taking the day off except that I do want to split the hanging basket into three pots with the Geraniums that I overwintered in the house.

I have now tried the New NS Chocolate Chip Baked Bar which is a breakfast item. It was tasty and worth reordering. Since it is a Breakfast food it and a lunch item are interchangeable as both consist of a SC + PF.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

My daughter invited me to go see Wonder Woman at 10:45 Tuesday morning. I managed to hit the P.O. and recycling before meeting her. For me to be up and out is quite the accomplishment! It was the best movie I had seen in years!!! We saw it in 3-D. I paid 4.50 with my senior discount, but was sure worth even an evening price of ten dollars! If you have not treated yourself lately, this would be it!! At first some of the graphics are obviously computer generated, but this quickly gives way to just enjoyment. No sex scenes, cussing: it was just the best movie I have seen in years, and the 3D was awesome!!! Hence, I never wrote yesterday. I lost my internet for the evening due to rain somewhere, I guess. So I read an interesting novel about the 1900 Galveston Hurricane. A good and different day!

Glad for the humor! I will hit there next! Your two articles above are interesting! Imagine going to a reunion when you are that old. That is pretty awesome! I love the carpet cleaning firefighter! That was nice of him to stop! Brave too!
    Hi Jan
    Thank You for the feedback, From What I have seen 3-D TV is a goner. I think the manufacturers have discontinued them and there never was much content from what I know. I wonder if 4K TV will do better. I do not really get out to the Movies. It just is not a Movie theater experience IMO without a large bucket of greasy so called Buttered Popcorn and a Large Soda :) If I went I know I would have them both :( BTW I believe that tickets are higher than that around here in NJ.

I have been listening to Agatha Christie Audio-books while walking. I finished Poirot in Murder on the Orient Express and Miss Marple, At Bertrams Hotel and currently Poirot in Evil Under the Sun :)
    Then I have Print books I read here in the house. Currently I am reading a humorous Scifi book by Robert Asprin.

Much better before the fire gets large and destructive too.
    Maybe we will both get a little break from the rain! I am amazed we have had so much, and not complaining. It is wet, and I have mushrooms sprouting in many places, lol! If I remember correctly, that is the sun peeking thru this morning, lol! :#

Tonite is a picnic for weds. nite at church! Fried chicken, potato salad, veggies and fruit! Well, the veggies and fruit will be good for me! Probably a hard day! :)

Yes, I grimaced at more Jersey shore! Only Alabama people would understand the pain in that, but only half, because the other half are probably out causing problems and bad publicity! I get it! :s

Keep up the great walking! Liked you saw a fox! ..Have a good Thursday!! ..Jan B)

I was wondering why Alabama people would understand that? BTW did You see this one?
    13 Alabama counties saw 85 percent drop in food stamp participation after work requirements restarted
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/13_alabama_counties_had_85_per.html

I see Mushrooms in the lawns every spring FWIW.

You'll notice I saw the Fox again today running around.

I hope You did good at the Picnic :)

Congratulations on the Burn :)
    11 hours ago, burned 292 calories doing 65 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Cleaning, light, moderate effort"
    11 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/07/2017.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

Wow!! your steps are awesome! What a great job! And sounds like you have a great selection of NS offerings!!

The article on Al. food stamps was something, though I am not surprised. Those counties are often rural ,too, with not much to offer in the way of jobs. It is an ongoing problem. They are trying to attract some industry, but it is slow. Maybe Al. can save some money though!!

I did terrible at the picnic! :# Mostly due to potato salad I tend to crave, and especially the desserts! I had several bars of chess pie, and some pound cake. Thank goodness I came home with only a little fruit leftovers, lol! I did eat lots of fruit and veggies, too! Resting a little today and tomorrow, and some on Sat. I am looking forward to that!

Sunday, small group! Eating again. I am going to make chicken salad and have cukes and tomatoes- not too bad. And dessert. Bad, lol! May try a carrot cake, that is partly healthy!! :)

I can manage to just buy water at the show, my treat. Though sometimes I sneak it in. Paying $4.50 for water is just ridiculous!! Sometimes I sneak in jerkey!! I do not go too often. I did quote the wrong price for the show. It was $8.50 with the discount. Sorry!

Dry and sunny! Yeah. The ground is still soaked. I think I may have lost 2 little rosemary plants to the dampness. They look like they just melted away to mold... All else doing good.

Headed for humor! Thank you again for it!! ;) Have a good day!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Humor once again has been posted

Hi
    I walked 7000 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 54 on the news channel and 52 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 9.5k steps. Considering where I shall end up for a step count today after yard work later on I should be fine for step count from Wednesday through Today if not over.

I talked to a crossing guard this morning and he is also having a problem with those walking appetites known as deer eating his flowers, They came back and ate the ones he had sprayed with deer repellent too, Which is something I had been considering :(

I recently had what I suspect was a scam visitor at the front door. I Young lady wanted to see my Electric Bill, and when I Said I don't have it wanted my name. I suspect That acceding to either of those requests would have ended badly with my electric supplier being switched.

I should call PSE&G later today and let them know to watch for that possibility just in case.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

Wow!! your steps are awesome! What a great job! And sounds like you have a great selection of NS offerings!!

The article on Al. food stamps was something, though I am not surprised. Those counties are often rural ,too, with not much to offer in the way of jobs. It is an ongoing problem. They are trying to attract some industry, but it is slow. Maybe Al. can save some money though!!

I did terrible at the picnic! :# Mostly due to potato salad I tend to crave, and especially the desserts! I had several bars of chess pie, and some pound cake. Thank goodness I came home with only a little fruit leftovers, lol! I did eat lots of fruit and veggies, too! Resting a little today and tomorrow, and some on Sat. I am looking forward to that!

Sunday, small group! Eating again. I am going to make chicken salad and have cukes and tomatoes- not too bad. And dessert. Bad, lol! May try a carrot cake, that is partly healthy!! :)
    Hi Jan
    I wondered if You had seen that news :)

I know We have all been through those cravings. I love a good Potato Salad, thankfully store bought is not especially good.
    I never heard of Chess Pie, is it filled with squares of black and white pudding so it looks like a chess or checkers board?

Carrot Cake is only sort of healthy if You scrap off off the Cream Cheese Frosting and IMO that is one of the major reasons for having it, so that does not happen with me :(
    I can manage to just buy water at the show, my treat. Though sometimes I sneak it in. Paying $4.50 for water is just ridiculous!! Sometimes I sneak in jerkey!! I do not go too often. I did quote the wrong price for the show. It was $8.50 with the discount. Sorry!

Dry and sunny! Yeah. The ground is still soaked. I think I may have lost 2 little rosemary plants to the dampness. They look like they just melted away to mold... All else doing good.

Headed for humor! Thank you again for it!! ;) Have a good day!! ..Jan B)

If I said that price sounds closer to NJ prices...

I would be sneaking water in too at those prices. There was a News clip in the last year or two where a NYC movie theater would not let someone in that had food with them. It was something that they had to have for health reasons. Eventually the Owners apologized for it too.

We had Rosemary and Sage that overwintered in the garden and look really healthy currently. That was despite cold snaps and Snow. They are a pretty hardy plant if they can survive our normal winters.

My brother planted Climbing Beans that have already sprouted as have the Carrots and the Beets. I believe that the Carrots and Beans are for me and the Beets are for him.

Enjoy the Humor, That is what it is for :)
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited June 2017
    Good Morning!

Sunshiny day! I was so warm after feeding the birds, throwing May May's ball, and moving some small fences that coffee did not sound good. It is still sticky here, though not as bad as before. I had iced coffee instead, and now I am cold! :D My next cup will be the reg. hot one I guess, lol!

I am assuming my yard guys might show up. They are overdue due to the rain. It is hard not exactly knowing if they are coming, but then staying home does save money! Yesterday our little ladies group met at Panera, and I had a smoothie and cookie. At the time I had the calories, and their smoothies do not have much sugar and have greek yogurt. LOL, the cookie makes up for it. I think the sugar in the cookie seduced me into buying some french bread. So I was over yesterday with my calories. Hopefully back on track today. I have got to tackle social eating better, as church is killing me, now meeting 3x a week with food. :/

Glad your garden is doing well, but I am sorry about the deer. That is pretty bad if they eat deer treated plants. That is going to be a problem, I guess. I am surprised they are nibbling so soon. I always thought it was more towards the end of the season, but I guess it makes sense to nibble when things are tender, too.

I do not really feel bad about sneaking in stuff at the show. The prices are truly outrageous. Of course, I do not want to get caught either! :#

Chess pie is to die for. I think up north they may be Neiman Marcus bars. I will find a recipe for you to try for celebrations! You will definitely need to give some to neighbors, it is too good!! I do not know how they got that name. They are just off white buttery looking, lol.

Did you join the group with Lean Jean? I noticed you logging your exercise daily! I need to,but need to commit to walking regularly first!! I could use the motivation.!!

And off subject: Mama's Chess Pie

8 tablespoons butter- one stick
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sifted flour
    3-6 tablespoons ice water

Cut butter into dry ingredients. Slowly add ice water. Knead dough and roll out on dough board, or press into bottom of 9 inch pie plate. ( 8x5 for bars..).

Filling:
    1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    7 egg yolks, beaten
    2 Tablespoons cornmeal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar: add egg yolks,vanilla and cream. Gently blend in cornmeal. Pour into chess pie pastry. Bake until light brown on top, about 35-45 minutes.

To die for... a billion calories/piece :) ... lol, Jan