Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi. Thank you both for caring and sharing helpful ideas. I didn't click on your articles Roger, but the Y2K headline made me laugh. The other was disturbing. I truly hate violence and feel helpless watching what's going on these days. Jan, that is odd that your dogs were okay during the storm but unsettled while you were writing. I like that you notice that... I always say to trust your dogs. I hope that they are feeling better and that you have a smooth evening. Last night was not so bad. Hip pain but no headache! I'm exhausted....work, pain, pups, keeping my friend's dog separate because he wants to fight w mine. Pain not so bad today...only a few sharp stabbing times, but that's an improvement. Jan--you were so very right about watching that woman i was having trouble with!!! She got way out if line. Name calling, insults, mandating that i.not speak to a specific colleague. Dictating that she is in charge, etc. longer story shorter...spent two hours on phone w corporate lawyer and then forwarded him a bunch if emails. Then called my former acting boss to give her a heads up. She appropriately notified my new boss that just started Monday...not how id like her to get to know me, but, there that is. So, an ethics investigation is launched. Like I don't have enough going on. Oh...because of all that...I didn't call doc about what's going on. I don't have time to see them anyway. After the two nights ago headache had subsided, i did check my BP...one machine gave error code twice...other said i was fine twice. I really do appreciate you....thanks for being wonderful people and taking your time to help me.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More Humor Today

Hi
    I walked 4700 Steps during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 65 on the news channel and 68 degrees on the front porch. The reported humidity is 100% and when I looked out the Living Room window before walking, the street was wet except under trees where it was dry, thus the rain that had fallen must have been light so far. The weatherman is predicting spotty rain and Thunderstorms for NJ :(

Yesterday was D-Day for my diet as we meet friends at Harold's for Dinner. I did do some overeating :(
    I had their Bacon Cheese-Burger, a Whopping Big Burger and what looked like a quarter pound before cooking of crispy Bacon.
    http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/

After yesterdays dinner at Harold's I was up four pounds this morning, I suspect that most of that being water weight will go away over the next two days as long as I stay 100% NS :)

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/337776-ominous-signs-for-states-as-revenue-targets-missed
    Ominous signs for states as revenue targets missed
    By Reid Wilson - 06/15/17 10:00 AM EDT
    Two out of every three states in America took in less tax revenue than expected this year, the worst performance since the depths of the recession, and twenty states expect to address budget shortfalls in the coming year.

The new data, contained in three reports released by state budget analysts this week, raise concerns that states could face a new round of belt-tightening — and that another economic slowdown could be just around the corner.

The reports cite a variety of factors behind the revenue slowdowns, from falling commodity prices to the rising costs of government services. Some of the slowdown also likely comes from wealthy taxpayers and corporations, which have delayed some tax payments until next year in hopes that tax reform proposals will pass Congress.

Thirty-three states will miss revenue projections in Fiscal Year 2017, according to the National Association of State Budget Officers. That’s the highest number of states to miss revenue targets since 2010, during the middle of the recession, when 36 states missed projections.

In total, states anticipate revenues falling short by $12 billion. Most of the shortfall comes from sales tax collections, which are projected to be down $6.6 billion. That troubles some economists because sales taxes are traditionally the most stable revenue sources for states.

More info by following the link

From Here, I found some news from Georgia yesterday :)

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/north-fulton-county/breaking-suspicious-package-shuts-down-street-where-karen-handel-lives/533890723
    FBI joins investigation at Karen Handel's house
    Updated: Jun 16, 2017 - 7:14 AM
    ROSWELL, Ga. - Authorities were called to the neighborhood where Karen Handel lives in Roswell after suspicious envelopes were found in mailboxes Thursday afternoon.
    Police say Roxburg Drive off Old Alabama Road was shut down for several hours while crews investigated.
    At least five homes in the neighborhood received an envelope with a "white powdery substance" in it.
    The FBI was called in to take the lead on the investigation.

I gather this election is being watched intently by both parties too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-15/georgia-s-special-election-is-a-tv-ad-bonanza
    Georgia’s Special Election Is a TV Ad Bonanza
    The House race between Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel has attracted $48 million.

http://www.wsbtv.com/consumer/recalls
    Visit the page for more Info if interested :)
    Latest Recalls
    United Pet Group Expands Voluntary Recall of Multiple Brands of Rawhide…
    Alvogen Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Clindamycin Injection Due…
    Vitakraft Sun Seed Issues Voluntary Recall of Certain Rabbit and Macaw…
    Chic-A-Peas, LLC Recalls Product Because of Possible Health Risk
    Willis Ocean Inc Issues Alert on Uneviscerated Scomber Fish
    NOW Health Group Inc. Expands Voluntary Recall of Ellyndale® Nutty…
    Hospira Issues a Voluntary Nationwide Recall For 8.4% Sodium Bicarbonate…
    Advanced Pharma, Inc. D/B/A Avella of Houston Issues Voluntary…

I have never heard of Scomber Fish BTW.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. before I forget a couple of food reviews.
    I just had the New NS Creamy Beef Alfredo, It was tasty, however the beef was just small flecks throughout the cup and the sauce tasted familiar like some of the other add water and heat cups :)

The Food from Harold's:
    The Burger was not quite as cooked as I wanted despite ordering Well Done...
    I pulled off and discarded most of the top bun while I was eating leaving some to hold it with until the end when I left it on the plate too.
    My side of Onion Rings were very Crunchy & Tasty. I did eat two large and one small and passed the rest around. I managed to resist the siren call of their Carrot Cake
    5jimDg.jpg
    The cake in the display case looked about 12"+ tall and 18+" across. All their pastries were whoppers.
    You can get an idea of the portion sizes from this link
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/harolds-new-york-deli-edison-2
    For example My Brother and a friend split the Pastrami Sandwich and both took home enough for a couple of more meals. The sandwich came with extra plates and Rye bread standard, They expect it to be shared.
    The Pickle Bar also had More Rye and dark bread, small muffin shaped bread and cubes of Onion bread to go with the all You want Pickles
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello all!

Val, I am so sorry you had that experience. It sounds truly awful. Your headache was probably caused by your initial hip pain. I think it is possible the pain spiked your B/P and that and stress caused the headache. Just guessing. I would tell both Docs about it. Often a hot shower or using a hair drier on very warm/hot will get rid of migraines. It dilates the blood vessels. The ice probably helped the areas around the problem and helped you to feel better. Just experiment. Well, hopefully that won't happen again. Try heat on the hip by now to see what feels better. I like the heat on something old, but some people like ice on it. (hip). You could also try your tens on the hip before bed. As Roger wondered, it is possible to get something for that occasion depending on the doctor. I sure hope you had a better night. And feel better all around. Keep us updated! <3

Rodger, I would not be able to choose for dinner. Though deli choices seem logical. You are pretty good at putting things up. You may overeat, but I bet that you bring a few things home for later. You are usually thrifty that way. :)
    We had 2 inches of rain with our storms. Just a messy day on Thurs. I am going for Chinese. Probably not a great diet day! :#

The articles on the U.S.are just scary. We do seem to be going to hell in a handbasket.

My dogs are acting very strange this morning. They are just restless and very apprehensive looking. Really out of character. They were fine during storms yesterday, so kind of weird.

Waiting on your follow-up Val, and Roger's deli experience. Talk about polarity. :o ..Be safe!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I think the reason I was able to resist the Carrot cake was that I would have had to eat the whole thing since nobody else like it, they would have had Cheesecake :)
    I understand You can buy a whole cake $100 OTOH They are Huge. The slice of Apple Pie in the Display case was a double layer. A layer of crust on the bottom with Raisin Apple filling, a layer of crust, more of the filling and then the top layer. If I had to guess it was 5 or 6 inches deep, and the wide end looked to be 8 to 10 inches wide if not more. If I had to guess it probably weighed over a pound for the one slice.

I did not bring home a doggy bag. That is one reason ordered the Bacon Cheeseburger, it was huge too. However I did not want to bring something home and be eating it for a day or two and prolonging the food overload problem :)
    I am somewhat Frugal AKA Cheap, however the course I steered made sense to me.

What I have decided recently and experimented to see if my hypothesis was correct is that Sodium (salt) in moderation does not seem to cause me to hold water. What does is sugars or high Carbohydrate intake. Therefore my Take on Chinese is what trouble me with it is the rice that seems to come on the side with most dishes, especially large quantities with the lower cost Lunch meals. Thus I should be OK with as an example the Beef/Pork/Chicken Broccoli meal if I pass the Rice on to my brother and ask for the sauce on the side. Thus The Diet Special that is all Vegetable or vegetable with meat as long as I keep the sauce on the side and pass on the rice. Hopefully this information helps You ?

the political problems all seem to stem from the Presidential elections...

I wonder if Your dogs were sensing something coming, Animals often do.
    I have heard of animals that seem to sense a impending earthquake for example.

Good Luck with the Chinese
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Thank you both for caring and sharing helpful ideas. I didn't click on your articles Roger, but the Y2K headline made me laugh. The other was disturbing. I truly hate violence and feel helpless watching what's going on these days. Jan, that is odd that your dogs were okay during the storm but unsettled while you were writing. I like that you notice that... I always say to trust your dogs. I hope that they are feeling better and that you have a smooth evening. Last night was not so bad. Hip pain but no headache! I'm exhausted....work, pain, pups, keeping my friend's dog separate because he wants to fight w mine. Pain not so bad today...only a few sharp stabbing times, but that's an improvement. Jan--you were so very right about watching that woman i was having trouble with!!! She got way out if line. Name calling, insults, mandating that i.not speak to a specific colleague. Dictating that she is in charge, etc. longer story shorter...spent two hours on phone w corporate lawyer and then forwarded him a bunch if emails. Then called my former acting boss to give her a heads up. She appropriately notified my new boss that just started Monday...not how id like her to get to know me, but, there that is. So, an ethics investigation is launched. Like I don't have enough going on. Oh...because of all that...I didn't call doc about what's going on. I don't have time to see them anyway. After the two nights ago headache had subsided, i did check my BP...one machine gave error code twice...other said i was fine twice. I really do appreciate you....thanks for being wonderful people and taking your time to help me.

Hi Val
    If I said I like to keep track of my body....
    I have BP measuring device, a Blood Sugar measuring device since I was in the pre-diabetic range prior to starting NS, as well as a A1C home test that I can use if I feel the need.

If I said that I found the entire idea that government workers were still testing Y2K 17 years later to be weird ?

I find that the Political stuff very worrying.

BTW, I was wondering what You thought of the Texas town selling streets?

I'm sorry to hear that my suspicions regarding the HR person were correct.

I hope Your life becomes less complicated in the very near future.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning All,

Oh goodness Val, your HR lady has really got some issues. I wonder just what her problem is. It sounds like more than jealousy. Keep documenting and just be you. I do not envy your position. Been there, done that. However, thanks to good documentation I survived. The final outcome was eventual 100% trust in me. I may goof on occasion, but no doubting of my work ethics or insight. I liked that part. Just hang in there! Roger always has good insight into co. politics! Try to break for those mini-naps every now and then!! <3

Good job on ordering, Rodger! Your wisdom is sound! I would have had to have a dessert. And taken home sides, lol! The pickle bar is kind of cool. you can make some mini sandwiches with differents breads. Lol, like I would have needed it! The servings are rather unreal. Did they amp up the cheesecake, or was it normal? I overdid it at the chinese place. I did have lots of protein, but overdid on the egg rolls and fried wontons. Luckily my biggest portion was a crab salad I just love, which is not too bad! What possessed me to get sweet tea I do not know as it was way too sweet and wasted calories, and I know this. I missed my regular water, but drank tons when I got home. I am not weighing for at least 2 days, or I will have a heart attack, lol! It has been a long time since I had Chinese. I will have to dig up a few WW recipes and have it for dinner, as I still have a taste for it. The rice does the same thing to me, but I can tell the sodium affects me too. My feet were swollen, but it passes very quickly. I need to eat more veggies than I am, too. :)

Still checking out the links! I wish I knew where Al. ranked. At least we were not named, lol. Things have really gotten out of control. I do think we have been infiltrated. All these crazies surely can not be all ours....Although with no mental health help, thing will probably get worse. My dogs were okay today. It may have been that the pressure was down, but no storms really broke yesterday. I don't really know...

Take care all..headed for humor! ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    I missed the story about a Texas town selling streets. Part of me just doesn't even want to know. I seek an uncomplicated life!!! This friend of s friend whose dog I'm watching...after she arrived she told me of his agression toward puppies and his increased fighting. That should have been shared BEFORE. I've told her my method for preventing fights is for me to walk the dogs together. Then today...Surprise...no rabies tag or fog license...I can't legally walk that dog! She responded that she does it all the time. I'm livid. But i am not taking on that liability and although I love the dog...this chick has no respect for me or my wellbeing...and therefore is relegated to be a friendly acquaintance. She'll be back 7/5. Sigh.
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    WeBMdJ.jpg

I walked 29 Steps during today's walk according to the FitBit :)
    To explain why, I noticed before I left that the display was off so I changed the battery and as a result the clock was off and showing 12:11 so I am theorizing that while I was out it was recording and then when I powered up the computer it synchronized the time and said, Oh, look it is a new day and the step count for today started fresh with the steps I had done walking be credited to Saturdays count :)
    The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 71 degrees on the front porch with 100% humidity. When I looked out the Living Room window before walking, the street was somewhat wet except under trees where it was dry, thus the rain that had fallen must have been light so far. The weatherman is predicting spotty rain and Thunderstorms for NJ once again :(
    There is something outside that is causing my nose to run a sneezes so I did not stay out that long as I am much better in the house.

From Here,
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/06/16/edgy-fusion-calls-rep-scalise-a-bigoted-homophobe-after-being-shot-n2342211?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=
    Edgy: Fusion Calls Rep. Scalise a "Bigoted Homophobe" After Being Shot
    Christine Rousselle
    Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:35 AM

You may not see this one elsewhere...
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/06/17/icymi-someone-fired-several-shots-at-this-indiana-driver-who-had-a-make-america-n2342329
    ICYMI: Someone Fired Several Shots At This Indiana Driver Who Had A 'Make America Great Again' Flag
    Matt Vespa
    Posted: Jun 17, 2017 8:00 AM

Just Wrong IMO
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/16/new-civility-nebraska-democrat-doubles-down-on-saying-republicans-getting-shot-was-funny-n2342239?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm&newsletterad=
    New Civility: Nebraska Democrat Doubles Down on Saying Republicans Getting Shot "Was Funny"
    Katie Pavlich
    Posted: Jun 16, 2017 11:15 AM

Have a Great Fathers Day AKA Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Hi
    More Humor has been posted.
  • hope4change_val
    Roger- i hope the rain washes away whatever allergens are bothering you. But if the allergy is mold, rain can make that worse. I empathize as i am allergic to everything in Texas (year round).
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning All,

Oh goodness Val, your HR lady has really got some issues. I wonder just what her problem is. It sounds like more than jealousy. Keep documenting and just be you. I do not envy your position. Been there, done that. However, thanks to good documentation I survived. The final outcome was eventual 100% trust in me. I may goof on occasion, but no doubting of my work ethics or insight. I liked that part. Just hang in there! Roger always has good insight into co. politics! Try to break for those mini-naps every now and then!! <3

Good job on ordering, Rodger! Your wisdom is sound! I would have had to have a dessert. And taken home sides, lol! The pickle bar is kind of cool. you can make some mini sandwiches with differents breads. Lol, like I would have needed it! The servings are rather unreal. Did they amp up the cheesecake, or was it normal? I overdid it at the chinese place. I did have lots of protein, but overdid on the egg rolls and fried wontons. Luckily my biggest portion was a crab salad I just love, which is not too bad! What possessed me to get sweet tea I do not know as it was way too sweet and wasted calories, and I know this. I missed my regular water, but drank tons when I got home. I am not weighing for at least 2 days, or I will have a heart attack, lol! It has been a long time since I had Chinese. I will have to dig up a few WW recipes and have it for dinner, as I still have a taste for it. The rice does the same thing to me, but I can tell the sodium affects me too. My feet were swollen, but it passes very quickly. I need to eat more veggies than I am, too. :)

Still checking out the links! I wish I knew where Al. ranked. At least we were not named, lol. Things have really gotten out of control. I do think we have been infiltrated. All these crazies surely can not be all ours....Although with no mental health help, thing will probably get worse. My dogs were okay today. It may have been that the pressure was down, but no storms really broke yesterday. I don't really know...

Take care all..headed for humor! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    The Cheesecakes were Humongous too.
    I did not do as good as I would have liked according to the scale. Part of which may be sampling my brothers potato salad and pastrami and another persons mac & Cheese.
    She can not eat fish on Friday, Does that sound familiar ?

Egg Rolls at first thought appear as if they would be good, however they are deep fried as are the Fried Wontons and hence High in calories, So tasty however.

Sweet tea, What can I say, We all have a weakness. Please Do not have a heart attack :)

That is one list You do not want Your state to be on.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I missed the story about a Texas town selling streets. Part of me just doesn't even want to know. I seek an uncomplicated life!!! This friend of a friend whose dog I'm watching...after she arrived she told me of his aggression toward puppies and his increased fighting. That should have been shared BEFORE. I've told her my method for preventing fights is for me to walk the dogs together. Then today...Surprise...no rabies tag or fog license...I can't legally walk that dog! She responded that she does it all the time. I'm livid. But i am not taking on that liability and although I love the dog...this chick has no respect for me or my well being...and therefore is relegated to be a friendly acquaintance. She'll be back 7/5. Sigh.

Hi Val
    At least they sold them. When I was working in Newark NJ I remember hearing about a street that was stolen :)
    Apparently a official looking truck drove up, put out roadblocks and stole one block of the street which was a Cobblestone street, No one twigged to it for a couple of days until someone called the city to ask when were they going to replace the street :(

That is the last time I would do that for that person...Aggression and no shots or tags :(

That is a long time to be stuck with a dog like that too.
    Roger- i hope the rain washes away whatever allergens are bothering you. But if the allergy is mold, rain can make that worse. I empathize as i am allergic to everything in Texas (year round).

I hope so too, since I do not know what is causing it. Usually I get such a mild case it is no impairment to my life.
    I suspect I get this from Moms side of the family as I know her sisters had issues with allergies.

I am sorry to hear that You have them Year round. The OTC medications tend to make me to groggy to function.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    The puppies had a great day! Lots of outdoor time running and pouncing and playing. A friend of my nice neighbor was visiting and she's in love with Marshmallow. She and her significant other are talking about it...they've been planning to adopt a 60# short hair mutt...so, its not a new idea. Its a long drive back to Washington state, so, they're talking. They leave in two weeks so we will know more before then.
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Val, I can't believe that lady did that to you with her dog. That is pretty tacky, not to mention dangerous. The poor thing is probably HW pos too. Hmm, if that lady thinks driving back with a dog is a problem, I doubt if she is ready to be a dog owner. I may be just getting burned out from all the dead beat dog owners here, however... :/
    Glad you had good weather to let them out to play! Hope you are getting some rest!

I don't know Rodger, those sides sounded mighty good, too! I have gained and had to add it, since I have not been good about taking it off! My bad! We have had more than 6 inches of rain and more forecasted. Everything is flooding and the rivers and creeks are quite high. Good for plants!

Hang in there, all! Keep doing your best!! :) ..Jan :# it be wet!!
  • hope4change_val
    Thanks Jan--our outside time has been in mornings and late evening...sunny with heat index 106! During the hottest times, we do quick outside visits and then play inside with A/C!!!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked 4230 Steps during today's walk according to the fitbit :)
    The temperature this morning was 78 on the news channel and 76 degrees on the front porch with 100% humidity. The weatherman is predicting rain and Thunderstorms for NJ once again :(

Today I was better with the allergies walking, OTOH I was suffering from a case of terminal sweat :)
    A Shower is in my near future while my brother goes and gets his hair shortened AKA a Haircut.

I am guessing that Sundays rain cleared the air for this mornings walk.

I hope the Severe Thunderstorms in the forecast for later today are not too bad.

Thankfully as of this morning I am back within my 5 pound comfort range after Fridays Caloric Overload :)
    Still a bit more to get back to where I was Friday morning, however a am guessing that a couple more 100% days will do the job.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-whole-foods-m-a-workers-idUSKBN1972VI
    Technology News | Fri Jun 16, 2017 | 6:35pm EDT
    For Whole Foods workers, fears of robots, drones and culture clash
    The merger that shook food and retail stocks on Friday - Amazon.com Inc's proposed deal to buy Whole Foods Market Inc - rattled some employees of the upscale grocery chain who expressed fears ranging from layoffs to the loss of their laid-back corporate culture.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/2017/06/17/drive--movies-thrive-streaming-world/102665316/
    Drive-in movies thrive in a streaming world
    Melanie D.G. Kaplan, USA TODAY Go Escape magazine 8:04 a.m. ET June 17, 2017
    Last year, while visiting national parks in Colorado, I happened upon a real treat: Star Drive In, an outdoor theater that opened in 1955 in the southern part of the state. But my delight didn’t end there.

Next door, I found the Best Western Movie Manor Motel, where you can look out a big window and watch the Star’s outdoor screen … from your bed! Each room is named for a movie star. Booking a night at the motel was a no-brainer. I checked into my no-frills Mel Gibson room and crawled into bed for the feature.

According to Wheeler Winston Dixon, a film expert at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, the first drive-ins appeared in 1933 in Camden, N.J. They hit their peak midcentury with about 4,000 locations, roughly one-quarter of the nation’s total movie screens. Now, he says, they account for just 1.5 percent.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/democrats-vs-trump/candidates-georgia-special-election-brace-final-weekend-n773596
    Jun 17 2017, 12:12 pm ET
    Candidates in Georgia Special Election Brace for Final Weekend
    The race has dragged on for months — Ossoff narrowly missed a chance to win outright in April, running against a multi-candidate GOP field and coming a few thousand votes short of the necessary 50 percent threshold — and it's become by far the most expensive House race ever waged, with Ossoff raising an astonishing $23.8 million, most of it from outside the district.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    The puppies had a great day! Lots of outdoor time running and pouncing and playing. A friend of my nice neighbor was visiting and she's in love with Marshmallow. She and her significant other are talking about it...they've been planning to adopt a 60# short hair mutt...so, its not a new idea. Its a long drive back to Washington state, so, they're talking. They leave in two weeks so we will know more before then.

Hi Val
    I am guessing that a Puppy might work better as a new dog so You can train it to Your habits?
    Washington State is not exactly around the corner from here either, I'm guessing that if I were to drive there to see my sister it would be a 2500+ mile one way trip.
    Thanks Jan--our outside time has been in mornings and late evening...sunny with heat index 106! During the hottest times, we do quick outside visits and then play inside with A/C!!!

Fortunately I did remember to turn on the Living Room AC and it does a decent job of cooling most of the Ground floor as long as the doors are open so the cool air can circulate.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

Val, I can't believe that lady did that to you with her dog. That is pretty tacky, not to mention dangerous. The poor thing is probably HW pos too. Hmm, if that lady thinks driving back with a dog is a problem, I doubt if she is ready to be a dog owner. I may be just getting burned out from all the dead beat dog owners here, however... :/
    Glad you had good weather to let them out to play! Hope you are getting some rest!

I don't know Rodger, those sides sounded mighty good, too! I have gained and had to add it, since I have not been good about taking it off! My bad! We have had more than 6 inches of rain and more forecasted. Everything is flooding and the rivers and creeks are quite high. Good for plants!

Hang in there, all! Keep doing your best!! :) ..Jan :# it be wet!!

Hi Jan
    I have to ask, HW Positive??

I have seen the signs laying on the grass of lazy dog owners while walking. The worst example to me is when it is on the Grass behind the school where the Children cut across when walking to school.
    This is what comes to mind.
    YFGJGi.jpg

Yikes, 6 inches.

Good Luck and stay dry
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited June 2017
    Good morning!

Well, stayed with in calories but I need to eat better still. No excuses but I just had a taste for some carbs. I guess that is what happens when you don't eat a few now and then. OTOH, a lot of people had said if you come off a kind of Paleo diet, when you eat carbs, you put on weight even faster. I have found that to be true. It does mess with your metabolism, somehow. I was wanting to add carbs and lower my meat intake because of my triglycerides, but I guess it will take some doing. I feel better on the almost Paleo though, lol. The good news is beans seem to be okay! That should help. You did really well with going to Harold's, Rodger! Great you lost well, and found money! :D

I just wonder why you would not have tags on dogs if you paid for them. Makes me wonder if the dog is actually treated. HW+ (heartworm) is really prevalent all over the U.S.in dogs. They are larvae that turn to worms and especially attack heart muscle. There is a preventative medicine but many people do not bother. I can be pricey, but you can also give a cattle preventative from a feed store that is dirt cheap. It just does not have buffering agents, and your vet has to know as some meds can be made ineffective from it, and need to be adjusted. I gave it safely for many years with my four dogs. You are talking $50 a dog for 6 month supply as opposed to a bottle that you can measure in a syringe and give orally for about $12 that lasts about a year for 4 dogs, still given monthly. The dogs not getting anything can suffer a fatiguing and painful death. If they are treated they are given meds that kill the worms, but make them sick, somewhat like Ca pts. Sometimes they need surgery. Not all dogs make it thru either treatment. I just wonder if a person is that lax, are their dogs really getting shots and preventions. Here, people just replace their dogs. No big deal... Hopefully that attitude is changing. It does not appear to be for spaying/neutering. Big problem here, and seems to be getting worse. My rescue I got May May from took in 142 animals in the first 13 days of June. All rescues and shelters here are swamped too. May's rescue place has taken vans loaded with dogs almost every month to no kill shelters up north where they are usually adopted quickly, as opposed to here. :(

Glad you A/C is working well, Rodger. I just always imagined new Jersey to be like Ohio, with summer ranges in the 70's most of the time. Sometimes you are hotter and more humid than we are! You have really interesting links!! And love the humor, of course!! :)

Val, I should remember that Texas is that hot, but I had no idea that you were having those temps that hot this soon. Good thing you could fix your A/C; I am impressed!!

I loved drive in's! So many fond memories as a child. I wish they would make a comeback, lol! Loved the snack bar and adds, and especially the playgrounds! I always fell asleep after the first movie, but the second was more for adults. PG and still good!

Take care all!! ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Humor again today and I believe I forgot to mention that I also posted some yesterday :(

Hi
    I walked 6161 Steps AKA 2.79 miles according to the FitBit + 3 Cents during today's walk according to the fitbit :)
    The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch with slowly lowering humidity. The weatherman was predicting rain and Thunderstorms for NJ Yesterday, nailed it :( There was .60 inches of rain nearby me and well over 3 inches in parts of NJ.
    I was in the Basement and could hear the Thunderstorms from there in the afternoon :)

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/338518-five-things-to-watch-for-in-georgias-special-election
    Five things to watch for in Georgia's special election
    ALPHARETTA, Ga. — Months of attacks and tens of millions of dollars have led up to Tuesday’s special election in Georgia, where Democrats are looking for their first major election victory of the Trump era.

President Trump’s shadow has loomed large over the race. The Democratic push to frame a victory for Jon Ossoff as proof of a growing anti-Trump wave has nationalized the race. All that attention has drawn almost $60 million of spending from both sides — a record for a House race — into the suburban Atlanta district.

But as Democrats angle for an upset, Republicans in Georgia and across the country have fallen in line around their own candidate, Karen Handel. The GOP knows losing a red seat would be disastrous for their agenda, but they are just as aware that a Democratic loss would deal a heavy blow to the opposition’s momentum.

Polls open in Georgia at 7 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Here are five things to watch as results roll in from the 6th District.

Will the huge turnout trend continue?
    Will GOP strongholds and white women save Handel?
    Can Ossoff flip Republican moderates and turn out black voters?
    Can Democrats keep outperforming Clinton?

While Democrats have failed to flip any Republican seats in special elections this year, they have seen one promising trend — candidates keep outperforming Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s 2016 margins.
    What does the vote mean for Trump’s agenda?
    Hmm, Details if interested by following the Link.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, stayed with in calories but I need to eat better still. No excuses but I just had a taste for some carbs. I guess that is what happens when you don't eat a few now and then. OTOH, a lot of people had said if you come off a kind of Paleo diet, when you eat carbs, you put on weight even faster. I have found that to be true. It does mess with your metabolism, somehow. I was wanting to add carbs and lower my meat intake because of my triglycerides, but I guess it will take some doing. I feel better on the almost Paleo though, lol. The good news is beans seem to be okay! That should help. You did really well with going to Harold's, Rodger! Great you lost well, and found money! :D
    Hi Jan
    This morning I was still somewhat up in weight from Friday Morning, Pre-Harold's :(
    OTOH I am within the 5 pound range I want to be in. I need to work on it more as I have a Doctors appointment for a Physical Monday.
    I just wonder why you would not have tags on dogs if you paid for them. Makes me wonder if the dog is actually treated. HW+ (heartworm) is really prevalent all over the U.S.in dogs. They are larvae that turn to worms and especially attack heart muscle. There is a preventative medicine but many people do not bother. I can be pricey, but you can also give a cattle preventative from a feed store that is dirt cheap. It just does not have buffering agents, and your vet has to know as some meds can be made ineffective from it, and need to be adjusted. I gave it safely for many years with my four dogs. You are talking $50 a dog for 6 month supply as opposed to a bottle that you can measure in a syringe and give orally for about $12 that lasts about a year for 4 dogs, still given monthly. The dogs not getting anything can suffer a fatiguing and painful death. If they are treated they are given meds that kill the worms, but make them sick, somewhat like Ca pts. Sometimes they need surgery. Not all dogs make it thru either treatment. I just wonder if a person is that lax, are their dogs really getting shots and preventions. Here, people just replace their dogs. No big deal... Hopefully that attitude is changing. It does not appear to be for spaying/neutering. Big problem here, and seems to be getting worse. My rescue I got May May from took in 142 animals in the first 13 days of June. All rescues and shelters here are swamped too. May's rescue place has taken vans loaded with dogs almost every month to no kill shelters up north where they are usually adopted quickly, as opposed to here. :(
    Some people have no real empathy and I suspect that they get the dogs as much for burglar prevention as for any other reason.
    I can always tell when the mailman goes by from the small Yap Dogs on either side of me raising a ruckus. They are brave as can be unless You head for them, then they back up still barking like mad.
    Glad you A/C is working well, Rodger. I just always imagined new Jersey to be like Ohio, with summer ranges in the 70's most of the time. Sometimes you are hotter and more humid than we are! You have really interesting links!! And love the humor, of course!! :)

Val, I should remember that Texas is that hot, but I had no idea that you were having those temps that hot this soon. Good thing you could fix your A/C; I am impressed!!

I loved drive in's! So many fond memories as a child. I wish they would make a comeback, lol! Loved the snack bar and adds, and especially the playgrounds! I always fell asleep after the first movie, but the second was more for adults. PG and still good!

Take care all!! ..Jan B)

Knock wood, I have my finger crossed.
    Did You hear the knocking noise ?

Out west they sure are having a heat wave :(

Drive in food from the snack bar always had a somewhat different taste than anywhere else :)
    I also remember buying the spiral that You lit to keep the bugs away while watching the movie and the warnings to remove the speaker before driving off... Then they started using low power radio for the sound and I suspect that usually had better sound quality too.

Some Alabama Drive-ins I found here:
    http://www.driveinmovie.com/AL.htm
    HfGdiE.jpg

Are any of these near You, Just Curious :)

Thank You for explaining HW, If I had thought about it I suspect My brother could have told me to0.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Congratulations on
    10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/19/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.