Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I only walked 3501 Steps + 0 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch with higher humidity level once more. The Humidity and temperarture are forecast to rise tomorrow :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkm-TiHYEIo

WYWNNX.jpg

CNN's Van Jones: Russian Collusion Story Is A 'Big Nothing Burger'
    On Tuesday, James O’ Keefe’s Project Veritas released a video showing CNN producer John Bonifield admitting that the whole Russian collusion story is “mostly bulls**t,” and that the network pushes it for ratings. Since the inauguration, Russia has been mentioned in CNN’s coverage of the Trump White House 15,694 times. There is zero evidence that there was any collusion between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence operatives during the 2016 election. None. Every update has yielded nothing further other than we have no evidence of collusion or wrongdoing. Now, you have CNN’s Van Jones telling a Project Veritas reporter that the Russia story is a “nothing burger.”
    PV Reporter: What do you think is going to happen this week with the whole Russia thing?
    Van Jones: The Russia thing is just a big nothing burger
    PV Reporter: Really?
    Jones: Yeah.
    PV Reporter: You don’t think that…
    Jones: There’s nothing there you can do.
    Since Hillary Clinton’s upset loss to Donald Trump, the Democratic Party has used Russia as a crutch to avoid an extensive introspective autopsy on why they lost. The mindset seems to be: it’s not possible that our ideas suck, it’s just that the rest of the country is wrong—also, Russia. Democrats have wasted so much time on this story that they haven’t crafted an economic message, which they lacked in 2016, and that’s impacted their party in the special elections held this year. Not a single Democrat has won. With the recent defeat of Jon Ossoff in GA-06, they’re 0-4. It’s come to the point where some Democrats are realizing that they’re becoming distracted with the Russia probe. Voters simply don’t care—and that’s becoming explicitly clear to the slate of Democrats running in the midterms next year. A new Harvard-Harris poll notes that 64 percent feel that the Russia investigation is hurting the country, with 56 percent saying it’s time for Congress to move on to more important issues.

Hmm...

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

P.S. You may have gotten from today's post that I have no use for CNN, TBH I have no use for any of the News Broadcasts be they from CNN or Fox...
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

More rain expected for today. We had about 3 days of sun, I guess that was it!! :) South Al. has been under flood warnings since the tropical storm came thru. A little soggy down that way!

I love Thai basil, that would be interesting to try that as a pesto. It is unusual there is something I am not fond of, as evidenced by my eating history!! I have found today's sauces in jars to be better than some of my old homemade recipes. Food quality offerings have come a long way! We also used neck bones back in the day to add to the sauce. It gave great flavor and was fun to eat if you like to gnaw on the bones, which I confess I do, at home, lol! :#
    I do like the old country Sunday sauce where Grandma threw in leftovers from the week in the sauce and simmered all day. Especially with beef chunks and pork chunks! I may have to have spaghetti for supper or soon!! My other Grandma always added bacon with ground beef sauce. Not bad either.

I remember that bookstore article about the minimum wage. Sad.. The news locally here is all about shootings. We have had a terrible rash of them, and a 9 year old boy was killed by a 14 year old, not an accident, but out of anger. Several other shootings here in the last few days have involved children as young victims hurt either in the crossfire, or intentionally. I hope this is not the next round of what is new in the world. :(

On the bright side, I have sure enjoyed the humor! Off to check again! Great job on your steps! Take care! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    As You may have noticed I am short on steps today. Later I may stop at Home Depot, first I need to research online and see if they even carry that item :)
    It was already warmer and more humid this morning and that was a 6AM :(
    Following that a stop at the ShopRite, The 647 40 calorie a slice bread is on sale through Saturday for $1.99 vs regular pricing of $3.99, I might grab two and freeze one too.

My plans for the 4th of July are simple, Take the day off from walking and have some of the Home Made Potato Salad my brother plans to make and a couple of the Nathans Hot Dogs from the Grill in a 60 calorie Honey Wheat wrap.

Today I am considering pushing AKA Hinting to my Brother that some of his Home made Baked beans from Scratch would be tasty :)

Regarding the Tomato Gravy for Pasta, The toughest cheapest cuts of Beef or pork would be tender and tasty after simmering all day in the pan. Moms was a simpler recipe using Tomatoes in several forms including Paste and Crushed and some oregano and a couple of other spices.

It is said everything goes better with bacon :)

As I believe I have said, the world has gone crazy :(
    It seems that extreme violence has become the new norm.
    This is the best way to use a weapon, a German Machine Gun...
    rVReLH.jpg

Wish Me Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm back. My new phone arrived and I even set it up correctly. Two pups are reserved, only Marshmallow needs a home. Work got scary, but now much better. Three senior VPs now attend that committee and the own the fight. It never was mine but it seems i was the only employee following that policy. Thanks to me...training for all (I know...not a way to make friends.) New boss is really getting the picture of who i am. She's turning to me a lot, and giving me freedom to do what i do. Each day l send her a new list if what i do...and each day she asks questions and then thanks me. Today she asked if we could clone me...I said I'm working on Val 2.0, but she's only 14. She responded "Argh, if it weren't for the child labor laws." So that's feeling more stable. Hip has been doing fine, but mostly sitting.

Hi Val
    Just curious, is it hard to setup a new phone? That last one I saw done was when my brothers really old Flip Phone was going bad, The number keypad was not working well. They did that at Verizon and copied everything from the old phone. As I understand it the phone can not be dead or that will not work.

Congratulations on the way work is going

Good News that the Hip is better too.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Val, glad things are going so well! It sounds like a better deal for work, though I am sure, subject to change as always! If I wasn't so old, I would take Marshmallow, a cutie! I bet they have sure grown!!

Roger, I may need to have potato salad for the 4th. It sure sounds good!! The news is really not worth listening to or reading. A much more positive day without it! Love your pictures you added to the page, lol! We have had another 2 inches of rain. I love when I do not need to water!! :) Do not work too hard! Good luck, too!! ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi Roger- no, it's not hard to set up a new iPhone. Um, my problem stemmed from my inability to remember which userid and which password went with which app. I use touch id, so I had gone years not entering that info...so i had quite the time figuring all that out (and still have not figured it iut on two credit card accounts. I love the puppies but am exhausted...so, I'll be sad when they keave 7/8, but also happy to only have my old dogs to care for. Marshmallow has a potential interesed family...we are going to their house Sunday so they and their dogs can meet her. Hoping that's the right match. My hip continues to do well.
  • RogerToo
    And yet more humor to start July with

Hi
    I walked for an hour + 0 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 75 on the news channel and 732 degrees on the front porch with higher humidity level once again. The forecast is for Thunderstorms later today and into tomorrow morning :( It did rain lightly overnight and I was drizzled on during my walk so I changed my route in case it started raining harder. I also managed to sit on a wet surface and get soaked when I stopped to drink some of my CocoNut flavored Coffee, meh, from the 7-Eleven and missed some of the plastic I had put down. I often stop like that so I can clear my nose, TMI ??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/healthy-ice-creams-promise-indulgence-without-guilt-do-they-deliver/2017/06/26/425708dc-5525-11e7-ba90-f5875b7d1876_story.html
    ‘Healthy’ ice creams promise indulgence without guilt. Do they deliver?
    By Maura Judkis June 27
    All the gory details by following the link above :)

and
    USMC Veteran Takes Out Three Armed Robbers, “I Opened the Door and Smoked ’em.”
    Posted at 10:50 am on June 29, 2017 by Jenn Jacques
    I opened the door and smoked ’em.”

Now that’s the start of a great story, but seriously – it gets better.

Three armed robbers in Theodore, Alabama thought 62-year-old Michael Irving would be the perfect victim. A few weeks ago, they reportedly broke into his home, robbing Irving of all his cancer medication, and leaving him with a threat: if he reported the robbery, they’d come back to harm him.

But Irving called the police to report the robbery anyhow and made sure he would be able to defend himself if the suspects returned.

Last Thursday night, that’s exactly what happened.

The three suspects showed up at Irving’s door again, this time armed with a handgun and a shotgun. Irving heard a tap on his front door and when he walked up to open the door, “that’s when he shot me,” he said.

Irving, a United States Marine Corps veteran, wasn’t about to be victimized again.

“That’s when I went to the cabinet here and back behind the coffee was an old time pistol,” said Irving. “I opened the door and smoked ’em.”

Irving managed to shoot all three suspects. Two of them fled the scene in a vehicle, but were found by Mobile County Sheriff’s Office deputies at a Dollar General Store just over two miles away after they reported being shot. The third suspect remained wounded at the home.

The suspects—identified as Casey Ray Gann, 29, Joseph Heathcock, 19, and Chaste Dulabhan, 24—were taken to a local hospital for treatment and arrested shortly thereafter. All three have been charged with assault second-degree, robbery first-degree, burglary first-degree and shooting into an occupied dwelling.
    Watch Irving detail his ordeal:
    https://youtu.be/dYzFkA5jE9o
    Hmm...

It is hard to believe that one half of the year is past already, where did it go?
    Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Val, glad things are going so well! It sounds like a better deal for work, though I am sure, subject to change as always! If I wasn't so old, I would take Marshmallow, a cutie! I bet they have sure grown!!

Roger, I may need to have potato salad for the 4th. It sure sounds good!! The news is really not worth listening to or reading. A much more positive day without it! Love your pictures you added to the page, lol! We have had another 2 inches of rain. I love when I do not need to water!! :) Do not work too hard! Good luck, too!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Good news, I think :)
    My brother is planning on baked beans, Potato Salad, and a Corned Beef is in the refrigerator in the process of being turned into a Pastrami. He decided to try a low sodium one this time since it was on sale for the same price as the regular Corned Beef.

I now have to work on losing some extra weight in preparation for the 4th :)

He uses the regular one pound bag of beans. The one in the cupboard is Jack rabbit brand and I did not see a type of bean on the bag, Weird? They end up looking like the ones in Pork & Beans. I know there will be Molasses and other ingredients as well as lots of really think cut Bacon Chunks.
    And then they bake in the oven in a genuine Bean Pot that looks like this one from Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZPT0MG8/ref=asc_df_B00ZPT0MG85055495/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=395033&creativeASIN=B00ZPT0MG8&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167129511510&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3800056101007330658&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9004026&hvtargid=pla-307159897588
    qHCLRK.jpg

So much of the news these days seems to consist of putting people down rather than news. What I do watch is via the DVR so I can skip through the Political Crud.

Congrats on this: 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/30/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Roger- no, it's not hard to set up a new iPhone. Um, my problem stemmed from my inability to remember which userid and which password went with which app. I use touch id, so I had gone years not entering that info...so i had quite the time figuring all that out (and still have not figured it iut on two credit card accounts. I love the puppies but am exhausted...so, I'll be sad when they keave 7/8, but also happy to only have my old dogs to care for. Marshmallow has a potential interesed family...we are going to their house Sunday so they and their dogs can meet her. Hoping that's the right match. My hip continues to do well.

Hi Val
    I keep a Book with Usernames AKA UserIds and Passwords for just this type of contingency. Oftentimes I need that info not to use the Programs I bought on the computer, More of a I need them to reinstall programs when I do a start over fresh with windows to have a clean slate.

Can You not go to the credit card site and use a lost username or lost password dialog ?

I am sure You will miss the Puppies and not miss the Tired that comes with them.

Good Luck with Marshmallow Tomorrow and Continued good with the hip
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val, hope Marshmallow's meet and greet goes well! Bless all their hearts, you gave them a great start!! Hope you can take a little time off for the holiday!!

Rodger, I love baked beans!! Your 4th sounds awesome! I am looking forward to the holiday this week myself! All my friends on FB are sending around the how many days till Xmas already! That I am not too ready for!! :D

Loved your jokes! The kitty cat ones were awesome, they are my favorites! Loved the older guy who took out his robbers. I may need to get a shotgun down here the way things seem to be going around the country. Where are the normal people? Mental health care would solve a lot!!

It is slim pickins on your money lately walking. Lucky you have savings!! :# But your walking is awesome! Love the wet seat!! Oops!!! I love the halo ice cream. Lets face it, diet ice cream will not be exactly like real!! I do need to get out a bit and get dog food and some meat, and some 4th celebration. (Potato salad, not spirits!!) I also may go for some macaroni salad our family makes with tuna and green peas as my birthday celebration later on. I have practiced making a small portion lately and refrained from eating the whole box and goodies in relation!! o:)

Geez, it will soon be Thanksgiving, lol! Take care all!! ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    I need to make a hardcopy log. You would think it's easy to have each card reset your password...but their systems lockbup when you repeatedly enter the card number for company A into company B's website. It was a rough day. It wasn't hard...I had a hard time. ☹️
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked up for a cup of coffee and back. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 73 degrees on the front porch with a high humidity level. The forecast yesterday was for Thunderstorms in the latter part of the day. Sure enough the sky opened up with a drenching rain for a few minutes with thunder then cleared up.
    You may be wondering why the short walk, easy, a bad nights sleep, Allergies were bothering me terribly. I wonder if it was that bad as I was out in the back Yard planting Corn and helping my Brother.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-jersey-maine-shut-down-government-amid-budget-impasses-1498908538
    New Jersey, Maine Shut Down Governments Amid Budget Impasses
    States are among 46 that start a new fiscal year Saturday and nearly a dozen where budget negotiations had come down to the wire

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-01/illinois-blows-budget-deadline-pushing-it-closer-to-junk-rating

Illinois Blows Budget Deadline, Pushing It Closer to Junk
    By Elizabeth Campbell
    July 1, 2017, 12:01 AM EDT
    July 1, 2017, 5:53 PM EDT

This was interesting, Your opinion?
    Earlier this year, Susan Collins and Bill Cassidy proposed a compromise: Why not give states the option of whether to keep ObamaCare or not? Blue states could retain it, red states could opt for waivers that let insurers offer cheaper plans with less coverage. Cruz’s plan is an intrastate variation of that hybrid approach. Instead of letting each state decide whether to opt in or out of ObamaCare, he proposes letting insurers in each state offer whichever plans they like so long as they offer at least one ObamaCare-compliant plan. If you want to pay more for a plan with all the bells and whistles that O-Care requires, go nuts. If you want something less expensive and less comprehensive, that’s on the menu too. People with preexisting conditions could choose the bells-and-whistles plan, healthier folk could choose the skimpier fare. Win/win! That may make Republican moderates and conservatives happy enough to get McConnell 50 votes. Just one question: Who’s going to cover the revenue shortfall for insurers when healthy consumers start swapping their expensive ObamaCare plans for cheaper Cruz-enabled ones?
    Hmm...

Counting down to the 4th of July :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Val, hope Marshmallow's meet and greet goes well! Bless all their hearts, you gave them a great start!! Hope you can take a little time off for the holiday!!

Rodger, I love baked beans!! Your 4th sounds awesome! I am looking forward to the holiday this week myself! All my friends on FB are sending around the how many days till Xmas already! That I am not too ready for!! :D

Loved your jokes! The kitty cat ones were awesome, they are my favorites! Loved the older guy who took out his robbers. I may need to get a shotgun down here the way things seem to be going around the country. Where are the normal people? Mental health care would solve a lot!!

It is slim pickins on your money lately walking. Lucky you have savings!! :# But your walking is awesome! Love the wet seat!! Oops!!! I love the halo ice cream. Lets face it, diet ice cream will not be exactly like real!! I do need to get out a bit and get dog food and some meat, and some 4th celebration. (Potato salad, not spirits!!) I also may go for some macaroni salad our family makes with tuna and green peas as my birthday celebration later on. I have practiced making a small portion lately and refrained from eating the whole box and goodies in relation!! o:)

Geez, it will soon be Thanksgiving, lol! Take care all!! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    I talked to my brother and he pointed out that they were "Great Norther Beans" :)
    https://www.camelliabrand.com/about-the-bean/about-great-northern-beans/
    Great Northern beans have a delicate, nutty flavor and are popular in soups, stews, and casseroles. They can be mixed with pinto beans or served as a substitute for navy beans and cannellini beans.
    I was in the kitchen a few minutes back getting my Breakfast Cereal and the beans were soaked overnight and are now baking in the oven.

Savings, what are those :smiley:

Good luck with the Macaroni Salad, Enjoy it, I have had it that way too. i Suspect it would work just as well with Chicken Breast meat shredded into it too.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I need to make a hardcopy log. You would think it's easy to have each card reset your password...but their systems lockup when you repeatedly enter the card number for company A into company B's website. It was a rough day. It wasn't hard...I had a hard time. ☹️

Hi Val
    I've done something similar where I exceeded the allowed retry on a site. Credit Cards are the worst that way, OTOH they need to be cautious.

I have a small pocket sized book that I use for Usernames and passwords.

Enjoy the Day & the upcoming Holiday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    The people were nice and loved Marshmallow, but their 70 pound unneutered male pit bull is extremely aggressive. They've done no socialization ir training with him. He would kill my puppy...so, that's not happening! I'm seriously exhausted...getting less than 4 hours sleep per day times 7 weeks...I'm really struggling.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked for an 1.5+ hours, 8100 steps + 1 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 73 on the news channel and 72 degrees on the front porch with higher humidity level in the forecast, also Thunderstorms later today :(

Hmm... In the crazy news dept.
    NASA: Uh, No, We're Not Running A Child Slave Colony On Mars
    Christine Rousselle Posted: Jun 30, 2017 10:20 AM
    NASA has denied an InfoWars allegation that the space agency is running a child slave colony on the planet Mars. Robert David Steele, a guest on The Alex Jones Show made the claim on Thursday that NASA routinely sends kidnapped children on a 20-year trip to the red planet, where they serve as slaves for a secret Martian colony.

“We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride,” said Steele. “So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony.”

When asked for comment by The Daily Beast, NASA denied any sort of kidnapping/child slavery plot, and confirmed that there are no humans of any age on Mars--only Mars rovers.

“There are no humans on Mars. There are active rovers on Mars. There was a rumor going around last week that there weren’t. There are,” Guy Webster, a spokesperson for Mars exploration at NASA, told The Daily Beast. “But there are no humans.”
    Well, duh.

In other space conspiracy news, internet hacker group Anonymous claimed earlier this week that NASA was on the verge of announcing that they had discovered evidence of life on other planets elsewhere in the universe. NASA has also denied these claims, saying that they do not have evidence of any sort of extraterrestrial life just yet, nor is there any sort of "pending announcement."
    Contrary to some reports, there’s no pending announcement from NASA regarding extraterrestrial life.
    — Thomas Zurbuchen (@Dr_ThomasZ) June 26, 2017
    Are we alone in the universe? While we do not know yet, we have missions moving forward that may help answer that fundamental question.
    — Thomas Zurbuchen (@Dr_ThomasZ) June 26, 2017

What a weird time to be alive.

University to Remove Crosses, Bibles & Altar from Campus Chapel
    Todd Starnes Posted: Jun 30, 2017 12:05 PM
    East Central University said they will remove crosses, Bibles and other religious symbols from a campus chapel to appease a bunch of out-of-town agitators.
    It’s unclear when the Oklahoma school will commence with the Christian cleansing of the Kathryn P. Boswell Memorial Chapel. The chapel opened in 1957.
    “We will continue to use the building as we always have, for all faiths,” ECU President Katricia Pierson said in a statement to the Ada News. “We do not want to presume to embrace one faith over another. We support all cultures and attempt to make them comfortable when they are here.”
    The university’s president went on to say they are “looking at the feasibility of removing the cross on the steeple, but need to respond to the request for removal of religious icons from the chapel.”
    “We are exploring options for preserving the items,” she said.
    So on the bright side, it appears East Central University will not burn the Bibles or toss the crosses into a wood chipper.
    Americans United for the Separation of Church and State is responsible for the Christian cleansing at ECU. They fired off a terse letter accusing the school of displaying “religious iconography.” That letter was obtained by the Ada News.
    “These displays include Latin crosses on the top of and inside the building, Bibles and a Christian altar,” the letter stated. “While it is legal for a public university to have a space that can be used by students for religious worship so long as that space is not dedicated solely to that purpose, it is a violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to display religious iconography on government property.”
    That’s a great big load of legal malarkey.
    Hiram Sasser, director of litigation for First Liberty Institute, said there is federal precedent to maintain chapels in taxpayer-funded facilities.
    “We have a Congressional Prayer Room in the Capitol, we have chapels in government owned airports and many other government owned chapels,” Sasser told me.
    Sasser suspects Americans United is just testing Oklahoma’s new attorney general – Mike Hunter.
    “They want to see if he backs down or stands up to their ridiculous claims and I predict Mike Hunter will fight hard to preserve this historic chapel,” Sasser said.
    Meanwhile, many Oklahomans are furious over the university’s decision to capitulate to those who want to eradicate Christianity from the public marketplace.
    “I feel betrayed by our own country, upset that this could take place in America,” alum Jill Tucker Brown told me. “We are a nation founded on Christianity.”
    Ms. Brown believes the university should stand up to the atheist and secularist bullies.
    “I think it is absurd that anyone would go to this length (to remove the cross),” she told me. “If this university does not stand up for their rights, this will not be their only fight.”
    Anita Thomas is also a graduate of East Central University and she is heartbroken over the news.
    “I am heartbroken because our country has become a place where things like this can happen,” she told me. “
    Much like the Islamic radicals, the atheists and secularists want to erase Christianity from the public marketplace. And they are waging their cultural jihad not with bombs – but with lawsuits.

Indiana Judge Temporarily Blocks Law Requiring Parental Notification for Minors Obtaining Abortions
    Lauretta Brown Posted: Jun 30, 2017 2:30 PM
    Planned Parenthood of Indiana and Kentucky (PPINK) and the ACLU were granted a preliminary injunction Wednesday blocking provisions of a parental notification law requiring a minor’s parents to be notified that she is seeking an abortion. The law requires parental notification even if the minor petitions a court to waive parental consent, unless the judge in the case decides that notification is not in the minor’s best interests. Current Indiana law requires that the minor either obtain parental consent or petition to waive that consent.
    The ACLU filed a lawsuit on behalf of PPINK in May, claiming that the act "imposes new burdens on a young woman's access to abortion and on her health care providers, in violation of often reaffirmed constitutional rights."

CNN Producer: American Voters Are ‘Stupid as S**t’ And We All Know Trump Is A ‘F**king Crazy’ Clown
    Matt Vespa Posted: Jun 30, 2017 11:30 AM
    Throughout this week, James O’ Keefe’s Project Veritas has been uncovering what’s going on inside the control rooms of CNN. John Bonifield, a producer with the network’s Atlanta office, was captured by PV reporters saying that the Russian collusion story was “mostly bulls**t,” but it’s great for ratings. CNN contributor and former green jobs czar under the Obama administration Van Jones was caught admitting that the Russia story is a “big nothing burger.” Now, associate producer for New Day Jimmy Carr is caught saying that American voters are “stupid as s**t,” and that the network feels President Trump is “f**king crazy.” Carr also takes a swipe at Kellyanne Conway, the Counselor to the President, as the blonde who looks like she got hit with a shovel. He also says that President Trump isn’t a Republican, and that he’s probably paid for abortions.

Any wonder as to why I do not watch much news these days ?

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    The people were nice and loved Marshmallow, but their 70 pound unneutered male pit bull is extremely aggressive. They've done no socialization or training with him. He would kill my puppy...so, that's not happening! I'm seriously exhausted...getting less than 4 hours sleep per day times 7 weeks...I'm really struggling.

Hi Val
    I would not trust a aggressive dog such as that Pit Bull near another dog no matter how large the dog is.

I hope You can manage to get more sleep, It sounds as if You need it.

FWIW, The Baked bean recipe my brother uses.
    Ingredients
    * 2 cups navy beans
    * 1/2 pound bacon *
    * 1 onion, finely diced
    * 3 tablespoons molasses
    * 2 teaspoons salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    * 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    * 1/2 cup ketchup
    * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    * 1/4 cup brown sugar

Directions
    1. Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
    2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
    3. Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
    4. In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
    5. Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.

* bacon can be reduced if desired, just use proper old fashioned smoked bacon, have it sliced 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick, easier to get a nice even dice.

*if you don't have a beanpot, use a tall ovenproof vessel with a cover.

* could try smoked turkey as a alternate to the bacon, if fat and or calorie conscious

I suspect he adds extra bacon TBH.
    The rice and beans sounds tasty.

As I sit here I hear my Brother mowing the lawn, Fortunately it is his turn :)

Enjoy the Day and the Upcoming Holiday
    Roger

Hi Jan
  • Buttons61
    Happy 4th of July!

My bad- I meant to type a quick note before I went to bed, then forgot, I am so used to doing it in the morning!! :)

Yesterday was hectic. We had church, and my friend invited me to lunch at her house. All good calorie-wise except the chocolate pecan pie and ice cream! Then turned around about an hour later for small group, where we had hot dogs, chips and birthday cake for one of the members. This lady who hosted is a fabulous cook, so needless to say, I was a little over my allotment, due to the desserts! We had a homemade white cake with white boiled frosting, and it was so good! So I was to "dinner" twice with 2 desserts! :D

The beans sound really good! I love them, so I am sure to use the above recipe. Extra bacon is always a plus!! No pun intended, but probably appropriate!!

If the U.S. were to go back to responsible journalism, that would probably solve almost half our woes. I can not believe the story on the Mars colony. Really? Seriously? :*

Sorry you slept badly! On the bright side you did find money- so set for life! Lol! I have a funny feeling when you are mowing, your brother thinks the same thing you do!! :#

Val, I hope you can get some down time!! I am glad Marshmallow did not go there! It is hard to socialize when you do not have the means sometimes, but in that case, it is just so important when you own a strong breed like that. Such a shame!!

I have to go to Montgomery and pick up meds for Chester. Then I am making a stop at Petsmart to see the kitten I am sponsoring. I am hoping I can socialize with her some! :)

More rain, with humidity and dew points in the 80's. As long as I can go from one A/C to another, lol! ;)

Take care all!! Enjoy the holiday! Val, get some rest!!! :) ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Today tge babies got microchipped. Wednesday they get fixed, and they all go to wonderful new homes on Saturday. The first lady who loved Marshmallow is going to adopt her after all. Her trip west was delayed because her dad had emergency surgery. He's doing well now...so I'm delivering the pup to her in Oklahoma City Saturday. I know...who's crazy enough to do that? I told the lady with the aggressive dog, and she is happy for that lady and Marshmallow. She was going to tell me that although they loved her, they couldn't adopt her because they would worry about her safety...and would never put a dog at risk. So this is good all around. On another good thing...my new boss told me that she read every one of my emails to that lady i had the problem with and she said she was very impressed...every one was extremely professional and respectful and clearly focused on the issue. That felt good...I wanted her to read them and not assume i was nice, but to have the proof. Twice she called me for help with our systems...so i think im in a trusted place. My hip is doing very well...but I've been too busy to try it out much. Dog#8 goes home Wednesday. So next week I'll be back to only my pack! Ill miss the babies but they'll all be off on new adventures. I plan to SLEEP!!!
  • RogerToo
    More humor once again
    Hi
    I decided to enjoy the Holiday and am taking the day off from walking :)

Have a happy 4th of July
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Happy 4th of July!

My bad- I meant to type a quick note before I went to bed, then forgot, I am so used to doing it in the morning!! :)

Yesterday was hectic. We had church, and my friend invited me to lunch at her house. All good calorie-wise except the chocolate pecan pie and ice cream! Then turned around about an hour later for small group, where we had hot dogs, chips and birthday cake for one of the members. This lady who hosted is a fabulous cook, so needless to say, I was a little over my allotment, due to the desserts! We had a homemade white cake with white boiled frosting, and it was so good! So I was to "dinner" twice with 2 desserts! :D

The beans sound really good! I love them, so I am sure to use the above recipe. Extra bacon is always a plus!! No pun intended, but probably appropriate!!

If the U.S. were to go back to responsible journalism, that would probably solve almost half our woes. I can not believe the story on the Mars colony. Really? Seriously? :*
    Hi Jan
    I shot a hole in my diet plan yesterday too, It happens. I am afraid today will be an off day also. There is a home made Pastrami made using that recipe in the refrigerator. Home Made Baked Beans, Home Made Potato Salad, Home Made Macaroni Salad and a rack of Dry Rub Spare Ribs to be cooked later all courtesy of my brother :(:)

If they went back to responsible journalism instead of all the opinions disguised as news they would actually have to go out and find news and write about it. That is not happening I suspect.
    Sorry you slept badly! On the bright side you did find money- so set for life! Lol! I have a funny feeling when you are mowing, your brother thinks the same thing you do!! :#

Val, I hope you can get some down time!! I am glad Marshmallow did not go there! It is hard to socialize when you do not have the means sometimes, but in that case, it is just so important when you own a strong breed like that. Such a shame!!

I have to go to Montgomery and pick up meds for Chester. Then I am making a stop at Petsmart to see the kitten I am sponsoring. I am hoping I can socialize with her some! :)

More rain, with humidity and dew points in the 80's. As long as I can go from one A/C to another, lol! ;)

Take care all!! Enjoy the holiday! Val, get some rest!!! :) ..Jan

If I said I sort of hate going from outside to inside and then back out at this time of year as I feel the heat when I leave the AC area to finish walking.

Enjoy The Holiday
    Roger