Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I drove 14 hours yesterday ...delivered the puppies to their people. I'm getting too old for 14-hour drives! That took a lot out of me. Trying to recuperate today (feels like a hangover but just dehydrated). Next on my list is yo get my house clean snd back in order...and work on my health and fitness and make sure my kid is on track for getting her summer assignments completed and catching up on work and actually spending time with my kid and dogs. And...I bought a push reel mower...what was I thinking?
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello Monday!!

Val, you are awesome! You were thinking of the weight you will lose and sweat out with a push mower, lol!! :D I am impressed!! Mowing does eat up the calories better than anything!! Glad you are puppyless for a bit and can get some rest! If I drive close to seven hours, I feel done!! Wow, on your 14 hours! You still sound mighty busy, but won't it be great to get on and do some of the things you want!!

Roger, the game sounded like fun! (except the bugs!). Good idea taking food, but cracked up at the eggroll! :D So did going to the historical house. That was an interesting article and history about it! Also, the magnifier and light on the smartphone is pretty cool and useful! I woke up at 1:23 for a couple nights! It was a little creepy, lol!
    ** thanks for the humor, also!*** I had chinese for my birthday! 2 egg rolls and Eggplant with Thai Basil and white rice. They actually are a regular restaurant, not a buffet. Unheard of down here anymore. They have an awesome chinese store attached to it. I did buy some frozen pork and teriyaki buns for steaming in a steamer or microwave. They are yummy. They have traditional foods, like with tripe mixed in, and also reg. chinese- american offerings and other traditional chinese dishes. An unusual place! Last time I went I had crispy salted giant shrimp. I must have used 50 napkins as the heads were still on and you had to shell them too. :D Not for the faint at heart, lol! It reminded me of my La. crawfish days! :#

The 2 rolls were the freshpet dog food rolls that Chester eats. They are at least 3 lbs or so, and wrapped like a giant genoa sausage, lol! Between church, group and B-day, I am tired and behind. But good days!! :)

Take care all!! Keep trucking!! ..Jan B) ...104 on the 8th. and 50% humidity!! :s
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I did a double post, the first is just neat things and the second one is Humorous images

Hi
    I did some walking for an hour, The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 62 degrees on the front porch. By the time I got back home the temperature was 74 in the shade.
    Then I mowed the lawn for a half hour...

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    I drove 14 hours yesterday ...delivered the puppies to their people. I'm getting too old for 14-hour drives! That took a lot out of me. Trying to recuperate today (feels like a hangover but just dehydrated). Next on my list is yo get my house clean snd back in order...and work on my health and fitness and make sure my kid is on track for getting her summer assignments completed and catching up on work and actually spending time with my kid and dogs. And...I bought a push reel mower...what was I thinking?

Hi Val
    The longest drive I ever took non-stop was when I was younger, I drove from Central NJ through to Jacksonville Florida and stopped on the southern side of Jacksonville. Which is over 900 miles and back then I drove at the speed limit which was 55 MPH at the time. Cruise Control did help :)
    With the stops I did I was on the road from 3AM which was a start time to get past Baltimore and Washington DC before the Rush Hour. With Rest Stops, and a stop at the Infamous "South of the Border" and food stops I was on the road until 1AM. I could not do that anymore, No way :)

That is nice of You to go so far out of the way to deliver the Puppies.

I have a Push Reel Mower and a Gas Powered Mower too. It is sort of a belt and suspenders approach to always being sure I can mow the Lawn.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hello Monday!!

Val, you are awesome! You were thinking of the weight you will lose and sweat out with a push mower, lol!! :D I am impressed!! Mowing does eat up the calories better than anything!! Glad you are puppyless for a bit and can get some rest! If I drive close to seven hours, I feel done!! Wow, on your 14 hours! You still sound mighty busy, but won't it be great to get on and do some of the things you want!!

Roger, the game sounded like fun! (except the bugs!). Good idea taking food, but cracked up at the eggroll! :D So did going to the historical house. That was an interesting article and history about it! Also, the magnifier and light on the smartphone is pretty cool and useful! I woke up at 1:23 for a couple nights! It was a little creepy, lol!
    ** thanks for the humor, also!*** I had chinese for my birthday! 2 egg rolls and Eggplant with Thai Basil and white rice. They actually are a regular restaurant, not a buffet. Unheard of down here anymore. They have an awesome chinese store attached to it. I did buy some frozen pork and teriyaki buns for steaming in a steamer or microwave. They are yummy. They have traditional foods, like with tripe mixed in, and also reg. chinese- american offerings and other traditional chinese dishes. An unusual place! Last time I went I had crispy salted giant shrimp. I must have used 50 napkins as the heads were still on and you had to shell them too. :D Not for the faint at heart, lol! It reminded me of my La. crawfish days! :#

The 2 rolls were the freshpet dog food rolls that Chester eats. They are at least 3 lbs or so, and wrapped like a giant genoa sausage, lol! Between church, group and B-day, I am tired and behind. But good days!! :)

Take care all!! Keep trucking!! ..Jan B) ...104 on the 8th. and 50% humidity!! :s
    Hi Jan
    You will notice that I could not do the hours behind the wheel I could do in the past in my reply to Val.

I have been having a craving for the Local Thai Cuisine, Maybe once I get rid of some of the holiday weight and the weather turns cooler so I can walk up to the Strip Mall where they are located on the Highway. No way am I walking that far in the heat of a summer day.

We can get Asian food easily. Reasonably near we have a Asian Food Market and in the opposite direction we have a Indian Food Market.
    Bhavani Cash & Carry
    3.3 (33) · Indian Grocery Store
    Green Brook Township, NJ
    (732) 529-6060
    Prepared foods · Great produce · Quick visit
    Open until 8:30 PM
    And Asian Foods
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/asian-food-center-of-route-22-north-plainfield
    and
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Asian+Food+Center+NJ&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Asian+Food+Center+NJ&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=40586493,-74444448,3691&tbm=lcl&rldimm=6161026935817159049&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:10
    Search Results
    Asian Food Market
    4.0 (89) · Asian Grocery Store
    Centennial Square
    Piscataway Township, NJ
    (732) 645-3018
    Prepared foods · Great produce · Organic products
    Open until 8:30 PM
    And
    Asian Food Markets
    3.8 (127) · Grocery Store
    North Plainfield, NJ
    (908) 668-8382
    Prepared foods · Great produce · Organic products
    Open until 8:00 PM

I always Microwave those types Buns rather break out the steamer :)
    Wow, You ate a Lot of shrimp :)

Thank You for the rolls explanation

Congratulations
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/09/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Buttons61 11 hours ago
    burned 139 calories doing 25 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

I woke early today and could not get back to sleep. I watered some, feed the dogs and birds and had my coffee. Then I tried napping because I felt so miserable. Finally I went back to bed around one, slept an hour and am starting again. As soon as my burst of energy strikes I am up and doing chores. I have not had that happen before. How weird. But it seemed a tiring week end.

Wow, I could not drive as long as you did, either. I am awake, but get the shakes after a while! It sounds like you have some great markets. I steamed the buns too in the microwave! We did have to travel to Opelika (1+1/2 hrs.) or just give up and go to Atlanta. They have great markets, but are 3 hrs away. (double for round trip!) plus you have to take ice. I did not eat 50 shrimp, just used 50 napkins! I think there were 11 or 12 though and very large, like 6 inches easily and fat. :#

The humor was funny and some was just interesting, as you stated. We all appreciate it I am sure! The normal headlines are pretty dismal!! I am not going to lose sleep over the news channels losing viewers. They do kind of a p***-poor job. Maybe they will wake up before the Democrats and liberals! :#

Just rained here and cooled the temps from 100+ with the humidity factored in. There are heat advisories for the week, especially on Weds. It did help me water though! Take care! ..We have weight to take off!! Jan o:)
  • RogerToo
    And more humor today, I exclude the first picture from being humor, Naturally, a Bit sad TBH.

Hi
    I did some walking for an hour, The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. The Humidity is reported as being in the uncomfortable range, I agree BTW. By the time I got back home the temperature was 80 in the shade.

Today is bake a Sweet Potato Bread(s) day by my brother. I drop my car off tomorrow for it's annual oil change and every two years State inspection. I must have put several hundred miles on the car since the last oil change :)
    The Bread goes with the car, They take care of us so we take care of them :)

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/07/colorado-earth-flat-gravity-hoax/
    These Coloradans say Earth is flat. And gravity’s a hoax. Now, they’re being persecuted.
    The Flat Earth movement is growing in Colorado, thanks to technology and skepticism about science
    Every Tuesday at 6 p.m., three dozen Coloradans from every corner of the state assemble in the windowless back room of a small Fort Collins coffee shop. They have met 16 times since March, most nights talking through the ins and outs of their shared faith until the owners kick them out at closing.
    They have no leaders, no formal hierarchy and no enforced ideology, save a common quest for answers to questions about the stars. Their membership has slowly swelled in the past three years, though persecution and widespread public derision keep them mostly underground. Many use pseudonyms, or only give first names.
    “They just do not want to talk about it for fear of reprisals or ridicule from co-workers,” says John Vnuk, the group’s founder who lives in Fort Collins.
    He is at the epicenter of a budding movement, one that’s coming for your books, movies, God and mind. They’re thousands strong — perhaps one in every 500 — and have proponents at the highest levels of science, sports, journalism and arts.
    They call themselves Flat Earthers. Because they believe Earth — the blue, majestic, spinning orb of life — is as flat as a table.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/data-watch/sd-pg-lost-pets-20170707-photogallery.html
    71 lost 'fireworks dogs' at San Diego shelters
    Dozens of scared or disoriented dogs left their homes during or soon after Tuesday’s Fourth of July fireworks and they are still waiting for owners to retrieve them from San Diego County animal shelters.
    County officials say animals unclaimed within the three-day holding period may be put up for adoption so owners of missing pets should check the lost and found website or visit shelters in person as soon as possible.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

I woke early today and could not get back to sleep. I watered some, feed the dogs and birds and had my coffee. Then I tried napping because I felt so miserable. Finally I went back to bed around one, slept an hour and am starting again. As soon as my burst of energy strikes I am up and doing chores. I have not had that happen before. How weird. But it seemed a tiring week end.

Wow, I could not drive as long as you did, either. I am awake, but get the shakes after a while! It sounds like you have some great markets. I steamed the buns too in the microwave! We did have to travel to Opelika (1+1/2 hrs.) or just give up and go to Atlanta. They have great markets, but are 3 hrs away. (double for round trip!) plus you have to take ice. I did not eat 50 shrimp, just used 50 napkins! I think there were 11 or 12 though and very large, like 6 inches easily and fat. :#

The humor was funny and some was just interesting, as you stated. We all appreciate it I am sure! The normal headlines are pretty dismal!! I am not going to lose sleep over the news channels losing viewers. They do kind of a p***-poor job. Maybe they will wake up before the Democrats and liberals! :#

Just rained here and cooled the temps from 100+ with the humidity factored in. There are heat advisories for the week, especially on Weds. It did help me water though! Take care! ..We have weight to take off!! Jan o:)
    Hi Jan
    I misunderstood, I thought You meant a napkin per shrimp :)

When You steam them in the Microwave do You wrap them in a damp paper towel first ?
    I seem to recall that is one method if the MW makes them dry.

That sounds like a lot of driving just to go to market, OTOH I have been known to do something like that however it is to go from here to Pennsylvania Dutch Market out in Pennsylvania :) My Brother also makes a 80+ mile trip for meats from Dietrich's out that way, Past Allentown.

I tend to agree, If they do not want to show what viewers want and persist in showing what they feel based on Politics they can die off for all I care.

I agree, in this weather it is so much better for the rain to water vs standing out there doing it.

Have a Great Day
    Roger

BTW I see You are still going strong:
    11 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/10/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Buttons61 11 hours ago
    burned 134 calories doing 25 minutes of yard work
    Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Also before I forget, Some feedback on the news links :) I thought the first one was weird and the second one, Don;t they know to keep the dogs in on the 4th ?
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

<3 I noticed you logged in 800 DAYS!! (on Tues!) Congratulations and great job!! <3

Yes, your news story is interesting, and yes it is very weird they think the earth if flat. I am sure there are multitudes of things the gov. has not told us, and I do not believe everything I am told, by scientists or anyone else, but really? I think lots of people would have dropped off the face of the earth by now, if we were flat. I think my telescope is no hoax when I am looking at the eclipses. Nor do I think the whole space program is bunk. They are some very strange people with issues to need to believe that. I would not broadcast my name either...

The shelter is totally believable. My animals are and always have been raised with the amount of care I gave my children. So the 4th of July is not much different here. But for about 4 days before the 4th of July the humane and rescue groups blasted FB and the TV about pets being frightened by fireworks and tips to keep them safe. (Really, how hard is it??) And the next day are tons of FB messages and pictures...my dog ran off, my dog got lose, and I think, really? Mine were in the living room with me, and we had no problem... People are dumb...but the numbers are staggering,in that article. People.... :(

I had just put the chinese buns in the microwave plate I use for my bacon, because it has some ridges and the buns do not get too soggy. Then I sprinkle some water, probably around a teaspoon or two or so over the buns and heat up. I cover them with my microwave lid which I use to prevent splatter. It had holes in it for aeration, so it works well. All from Amazon, except the buns. I may get the scallion ones next time! :# But I need to lose first!!

That is nice to bake bread for your mechanics! I know they appreciate it!! :)

I am trying to up my exercise. We will see! Headed for humor!! Have a great day!! ...Jan

• hope4change_val
    I'm working 16+ hour days. They are firing all adults and hiring over-confident idiot children...our systems are breaking left--right--an central. It's nuts and quite depressing. All my puppies are happy and loved!!! Sorry so short, but need to start work again.
  • RogerToo
    and even more humor today, I do wonder why You would do that with (to) a cat?

Hi
    I did some walking for an hour, The temperature this morning was 77 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. By the time I got back home from dropping off the car for its every two year inspection the temperature was 84 in the shade.

I'm back home after dropping off the car, the walk back was only semi comfortable due to temperature and a high humidity.

A story about the NYC subway system from Los Angeles, California.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ny-subway-20170701-story.html
    “Die Kitties Die!” screamed the headline in the New York Daily News when, in 2013, former Metropolitan Transportation Authority chief Joe Lhota criticized a decision to pause trains in a Brooklyn subway station to rescue a pair of kittens lost on the tracks.

These days, New York so badly needs to get the trains to run on time that Lhota, whose unfortunate anti-cat comments caused a minor scandal, has been brought back as chairman of the transit agency.

Extreme measures are in order to fix the 112-year-old subway system, and nothing — not budget cuts, political infighting, or cats — can stand in the way.

Delays have doubled over the last five years, and accidents are on the rise. A subway derailed last week, crashing into a wall and igniting a trash fire after hitting equipment left on a track near 125th Street in Harlem. Nobody was seriously injured, but hundreds of terrified passengers had to evacuate through a smoky underground passage lighted only by their cellphones.

On the heels of the derailment, Gov. Andrew Cuomo this week signed an executive order declaring a “state of emergency” on the subways, making official what many New Yorkers in their gut already know. The governor also allocated an additional $1 billion for improvements.

Few think it will make much impact for the largest subway system in the United States, with 665 miles of track and 472 stations.
    Snipped
    To be sure, the system isn’t as bad as it was in the 1980s, when cars were covered with graffiti and riders had to look over their shoulders for fear of being mugged.

Today the subways are in some ways victims of their own success. The city’s economy is booming and so is public transit ridership. Nearly 6 million people a day use the subway, up from 4 million in the 1990s, and they are packed into a system that has barely grown at all.
    Snipped
    “The system opened in 1904. It was designed in the 19th century. For the most part, it is still running on concepts that were developed by folks in the late 1800s, and that’s problematic in this, the 21st century,’’ Lhota said at the conference.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

<3 I noticed you logged in 800 DAYS!! (on Tues!) Congratulations and great job!! <3

Yes, your news story is interesting, and yes it is very weird they think the earth if flat. I am sure there are multitudes of things the gov. has not told us, and I do not believe everything I am told, by scientists or anyone else, but really? I think lots of people would have dropped off the face of the earth by now, if we were flat. I think my telescope is no hoax when I am looking at the eclipses. Nor do I think the whole space program is bunk. They are some very strange people with issues to need to believe that. I would not broadcast my name either...
    Hi Jan
    Thanks for noticing

It was strange to me, How can anybody believe it, OTOH there are so many people that believe in what I think of as weird conspiracy theories, That what is one more group?
    The shelter is totally believable. My animals are and always have been raised with the amount of care I gave my children. So the 4th of July is not much different here. But for about 4 days before the 4th of July the humane and rescue groups blasted FB and the TV about pets being frightened by fireworks and tips to keep them safe. (Really, how hard is it??) And the next day are tons of FB messages and pictures...my dog ran off, my dog got lose, and I think, really? Mine were in the living room with me, and we had no problem... People are dumb...but the numbers are staggering,in that article. People.... :(
    I suspect that people see and hear the message and rolls off them like water on duck :)
    I had just put the chinese buns in the microwave plate I use for my bacon, because it has some ridges and the buns do not get too soggy. Then I sprinkle some water, probably around a teaspoon or two or so over the buns and heat up. I cover them with my microwave lid which I use to prevent splatter. It had holes in it for aeration, so it works well. All from Amazon, except the buns. I may get the scallion ones next time! :# But I need to lose first!!

That is nice to bake bread for your mechanics! I know they appreciate it!! :)

I am trying to up my exercise. We will see! Headed for humor!! Have a great day!! ...Jan
    That sounds like a good way to Microwave, I just put things on a plate with a Paper towel under and over If I think they will splatter.

The Sweet Potato bread is dropped off along with a 1/8 pound stick of butter that is a size they sell around here as well as Quarter Pound sticks and one pound Bricks, Whipped Cream Cheese and a container of ICBINB. All courtesy of my brother. They came out a little dense and we had to bake them twice as the baking went weird somehow :(
    OTOH very Tasty, The slices taste IMO just like a Sweet Potato Pie. I would think they would be delicious with Ice Cream, Cool Whip for those that use it, I would of course use real Whipped Cream if I did it. The Calorie Count as indicated on the can for RediWhip as an example is fairly low.
    For example:
    Extra Creamy
    Reddi-wip Extra Creamy offers even more of the whipped dairy cream you love—full, rich cream taste to top off your favorite sweet treats. Now that's something to be joyful about.
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size: 2 tbsp (5g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 0
    Calories 15
    % Daily Value* 1%
    Total Fat 1g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0.5g
    Trans Fat 0g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g 1%
    Cholesterol < 5mg 0%
    Sodium 0mg 0%
    Potassium 0mg 0%
    Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars Less than 1g
    Protein 0g

So 15 Calories for two tbsp and 1g carb. I can use it :)

Congratulations
    12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/11/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    and
    19 hours ago
    burned 107 calories doing 20 minutes of yard work

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Addendum:
    FWIW the Original and Chocolate flavors are both the same calorie count and the fat free is 5 calories for 2 tbsp or 5g.

I suspect that it could also be taste free :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I'm working 16+ hour days. They are firing all adults and hiring over-confident idiot children...our systems are breaking left--right--an central. It's nuts and quite depressing. All my puppies are happy and loved!!! Sorry so short, but need to start work again.

Hi Val
    If I said I am not surprised that they are doing that and the results are what they are. It sounds as if the bean counters are controlling the Hiring and Firing.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!!

I must say, your thermometer is usually pretty dead on with the weatherman- or is it the other way around, lol! Our guys are usually dead on most of the time too. It is a bit tricky with the thunderstorms to predict the heat. Humidity is up and the mosquitos are just terrible. I get bit during the day if i am out at all, and they follow Chester in the house like he is the pied piper. It is just yucky! :s

The humor was good , I just really loved the cat ones! Some of those poor cats look like they need to be on a diet, too! I may be on the way to having my Sunday small group eating too much, solved. We are trying to just get people to bring a sandwich, or whatever they would like, just brown bag it. Hopefully that will get instituted! Better calorie control for me!! :)

Isn't it odd people need jobs, we need infrastructure upgraded, but we seem to only be able to spend money for rich folks continuing to make money. Sweet potato bread sounds awfully good with any goody on top! Breyers has out some no added sugar ice cream that is really good, I think. At least it is better for you, I guess!

Val, I hate companies are run that way, it seems most American companies are. I was hoping there was a change sweeping over business communities, but it seems it may not have taken. Bummer! I hope they continue to value what you do and your input! hang in there! Back to mini rest sessions- don't forget!! :)

Everyone have a productive healthy day!!! :# ...Jan.. B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi All. I posted some more humor except for the last picture which is just wrong in so many ways

Hi
    I did some walking for an hour+ and 1 cent , The temperature this morning was 79 on the news channel and 77 degrees on the front porch. The humidity is very high, They were forecasting the humidity to be tropical for today, Tomorrow should be cooler.

The car inspection, Oil Change and work on the Windshield wipers came to $175, Now I am good for the next two years for the inspection.

Found this elsewhere and thought it worth sharing.
    Good thoughts to ponder
    If you're not familiar with the work of Steven Wright, he's the famous Erudite (comic) scientist who once said: "I woke up one morning, and all of my stuff had been stolen and replaced by exact duplicates."
    His mind sees things differently than most of us do. . . here are some of his gems:
    1 - I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
    2 - Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.
    3 - Half the people you know are below average.
    4 - 99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
    5 - 82.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    6 - A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
    7 - A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    8 - If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain.
    9 - All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.
    10 - The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    11 - I almost had a psychic girlfriend, ...... But she left me before we met.
    12 - OK, so what's the speed of dark?
    13 - How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?
    14 - If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.
    15 - Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
    16 - When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
    17 - Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
    18 - Hard work pays off in the future; laziness pays off now.
    19 - I intend to live forever... So far, so good.
    20 - If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    21 - Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    22 - What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
    23 - My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
    24 - Why do psychics have to ask you for your name.
    25 - If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
    26 - A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
    27 - Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
    28 - The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
    29 - To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
    30 - The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
    31 - The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
    32 - The colder the x-ray table, the more of your body is required to be on it.
    33 - Everyone has a photographic memory; some just don't have film.
    34 - If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
    And the all-time favorite -
    35 - If your car could travel at the speed of light, would your headlights work?

A 37-year-old store clerk in Chicago got the second chance of a lifetime when an armed robber entered his south side store, pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger.
    The Chicago Tribune reports that at about 3:50 p.m on July 5, 2017, an armed suspect walked into the store on the 8400 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue in an attempted robbery. The suspect pointed his gun at the store clerk, but when he pulled the trigger, his gun jammed.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-police-armed-robbery-thwarted-by-victims-who-hold-suspect-for-police-20170705-story.html
    A friend of the clerk’s spoke to reporters after the incident, saying his friend was “seconds away from a different outcome.”
    “The guy didn’t come in there to rob him, he came in to kill him and then rob him. He pointed the gun and pulled the trigger and it jammed. The clerk snatched the gun from him.”
    The clerk and a co-worker were able to subdue the suspect and secure the firearm until police arrived on scene.
    The clerk was treated at Advocate Trinity Hospital for cuts and bruises. Police say he was taken there in fair condition.
    Charges are pending against the 20-year-old suspect.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

http://cheezburger.com/87048449/you-will-be-surprised-to-know-where-your-cat-goes-during-the-day?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ICanHasCheezburger+(I+CAN+HAS+CHEEZBURGER)
  • RogerToo
    BTW You will need to Add on the last part of the link I posted above to get the page AFAIK :)
    Good morning!!

I must say, your thermometer is usually pretty dead on with the weatherman- or is it the other way around, lol! Our guys are usually dead on most of the time too. It is a bit tricky with the thunderstorms to predict the heat. Humidity is up and the mosquitos are just terrible. I get bit during the day if i am out at all, and they follow Chester in the house like he is the pied piper. It is just yucky! :s

The humor was good , I just really loved the cat ones! Some of those poor cats look like they need to be on a diet, too! I may be on the way to having my Sunday small group eating too much, solved. We are trying to just get people to bring a sandwich, or whatever they would like, just brown bag it. Hopefully that will get instituted! Better calorie control for me!! :)

Isn't it odd people need jobs, we need infrastructure upgraded, but we seem to only be able to spend money for rich folks continuing to make money. Sweet potato bread sounds awfully good with any goody on top! Breyers has out some no added sugar ice cream that is really good, I think. At least it is better for you, I guess!

Val, I hate companies are run that way, it seems most American companies are. I was hoping there was a change sweeping over business communities, but it seems it may not have taken. Bummer! I hope they continue to value what you do and your input! hang in there! Back to mini rest sessions- don't forget!! :)

Everyone have a productive healthy day!!! :# ...Jan.. B)

Hi Jan
    I hate the Mosquito. The whining buzz in the ear, the multiple days of itching where they get You before You can notice and can sway them and the gnats that seem to like to fly into Your eye when they are not just swarming around Your head.

Hopefully they do implement the brown bagging, It could be a good solution to the Two steps forward and one backwards weekend :)

I find that I like the Mount Olive No Sugar Added Sweet Relish and for snacking the Vlasic No Sugar Added Bread and Butter Spears. Both with 0 (Zero) calories per serving which in reality means anything per serving up to 5 calories per serving can be listed as Zero calories under Federal Guidelines.

Congratulations on Your Achievements
    Buttons61 yesterday
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 15 lbs so far.
    And
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/12/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    burned 139 calories doing 25 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace

Cheers
    Roger who is off to have a bowl of Cereal for Breakfast :)
    It isn't bad, 50 calories of 1% milk, Sweetener and 100 calories of Puffed Wheat :)
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I'm still alive but drowning in work. Good new -my physical therapist discharged me...I'm on my own unless i need more help. Tuesday was Amazon Prime day. I ordered pasta made from chickpeas. Good protein and fiber.t65qcy2kvaq9.jpg
    7amc0tjroc77.jpg
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I fell asleep about 8 pm, so I am going to be up most of the nite. It is a throwback to night shift, and I only feel asleep for like 10 minutes. If I was this wide awake during the day, I would get more done!

I love the points made by Steven Wright. Some are pretty profound!!Some are just funny! Simple logic is sometimes baffling! The humor was good also! That store clerk must be the luckiest person ever. How scary!

Glad you got your car back. It just dawned on me we do not have car inspections here. I guess I should be happy they demand licenses. :#

Good job walking even if it was humid. I am trying hard to move a little more!! Not my first inclination, lol!

Thanks for noticing my loss and moving, I am trying hard!!

Val, those noodles are interesting, you are right!! Great fiber and really great protein. I will be interested in how they taste!!

Take care with the heat and humidity. It can be yucky out there!! :) Jan ;)