Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Today tge babies got microchipped. Wednesday they get fixed, and they all go to wonderful new homes on Saturday. The first lady who loved Marshmallow is going to adopt her after all. Her trip west was delayed because her dad had emergency surgery. He's doing well now...so I'm delivering the pup to her in Oklahoma City Saturday. I know...who's crazy enough to do that? I told the lady with the aggressive dog, and she is happy for that lady and Marshmallow. She was going to tell me that although they loved her, they couldn't adopt her because they would worry about her safety...and would never put a dog at risk. So this is good all around. On another good thing...my new boss told me that she read every one of my emails to that lady i had the problem with and she said she was very impressed...every one was extremely professional and respectful and clearly focused on the issue. That felt good...I wanted her to read them and not assume i was nice, but to have the proof. Twice she called me for help with our systems...so i think im in a trusted place. My hip is doing very well...but I've been too busy to try it out much. Dog#8 goes home Wednesday. So next week I'll be back to only my pack! Ill miss the babies but they'll all be off on new adventures. I plan to SLEEP!!!

Hi Val
    Yea! Easier weeks in the future, I know You will miss them however it has to be...

Good News from Your new boss and about the hip too. Things will keep improving as time goes by.

Sleep, Ah yes, I sort of miss You myself.

Have a Great 4th of July
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    It is a quiet 4th! So far!!

Just the people next store with 2 bouts of firecracker lasting about 5 minutes. It will be a little longer tonite, but I am assuming not bad!

I have a brisket and homemade potato salad. I figure today might not be a real low calorie day, lol. You never know. I have actually not been so hungry due to the invites and eating more than I have been . I am ready for a little healthier!

Val, I am so happy about Marshmallow! Awesome! And you get to sleep soon! You are an awesome :) foster mom!! What do vegetarians eat on the 4th of July?? Sounds good at work and on the hip front! I love when things go well, lol!! :#

I saw Bandit, my black cat I am sponsoring. I hope she finds a good home. She was asleep, so I did not bother her. I am going back in a few days, and it is possible the manager might let me back to see her. She is at a Pet Smart who only care for animals from pounds to be adopted. They say they have a pretty high adoption rate. She likes being an outdoor cat, and is still litterbox trained. She would have a ball here, but I am too close to the road, and my dogs would eat her, lol...not ideal. The shelter she was at had about 15 black cats and kittens, so she has a better chance being adopted from the store. She already had toys, so I was happy for that.

Be good you all! Hope you both get some quality sleep!!! :) Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I walked for an 1 hour during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 69 degrees on the front porch with higher humidity level in the forecast, also Thunderstorms later today or tomorrow :( I'll be out later going to the bank and the produce shop for bananas. I have been getting some Raspberries off of the bushes out back and yesterday I found two ripe Blackberries in with all the unripened ones that are still going from green to red on their way to turning black.

Yesterday, the 4th of July I blew the diet all to tiny little pieces :)
    All the following items in the Lunch were Home Made by my Brother.
    Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Baked Beans, Pastrami, Spare Ribs cooked using my Brothers Own Dry Rub. It was all tasty however I am feeling it today :(
    Dinner was a Pear, and Protein Shake.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    It is a quiet 4th! So far!!

Just the people next store with 2 bouts of firecracker lasting about 5 minutes. It will be a little longer tonite, but I am assuming not bad!

I have a brisket and homemade potato salad. I figure today might not be a real low calorie day, lol. You never know. I have actually not been so hungry due to the invites and eating more than I have been . I am ready for a little healthier!

Val, I am so happy about Marshmallow! Awesome! And you get to sleep soon! You are an awesome :) foster mom!! What do vegetarians eat on the 4th of July?? Sounds good at work and on the hip front! I love when things go well, lol!! :#

I saw Bandit, my black cat I am sponsoring. I hope she finds a good home. She was asleep, so I did not bother her. I am going back in a few days, and it is possible the manager might let me back to see her. She is at a Pet Smart who only care for animals from pounds to be adopted. They say they have a pretty high adoption rate. She likes being an outdoor cat, and is still litterbox trained. She would have a ball here, but I am too close to the road, and my dogs would eat her, lol...not ideal. The shelter she was at had about 15 black cats and kittens, so she has a better chance being adopted from the store. She already had toys, so I was happy for that.

Be good you all! Hope you both get some quality sleep!!! :) Jan

Hi Jan
    The Fireworks do not bother Your pet I'm guessing.

Good Question, what do they eat ?

Good Luck with the Cat and Getting back on plan. Today will depend to a certain extent on whether my brother brings home leftover foods from his meeting later today.

Cheers
    Roger

P.S. In NJ we can now legally buy sparklers and Poppers, Big Whoopee... The Sparklers did sell out from what I saw on the TV this morning.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, we had a few fireworks here and there. I think one of my neighbors had some fireworks for an hour or a little less. I missed the larger display. When I was up they weren't firing, and by the time I got off the couch to look they were re- lighting, lol. I did see a few. As we are not in city limits, there are few restrictions. We are talking whoosh real fireworks, as this is real redneck country! May barked at them and ran outside when she felt like it! Sometimes she was fine and ignored them if I told her we were fine and it was okay. Chester is deaf, so no problem. I miss seeing them, but do not want to fight the crowds! I hated it when I worked as I was trying to sleep before I went in. No Problem now, thank goodness!!

I am miserable. The temp is 93 already and the humidity is so bad I can barely breathe. With the humidity factored in it is well over 100. Actually, in the A/C, not so bad! :# I am being a real redneck myself. I have only brisket left which was cooked in Cola and a good rub. It was, and is yummy! But I ate too much yesterday, and feel it today myself- so you are in good company!!

Church tonite is a supper of hot dogs, chips and homemade ice cream followed by a soccer game. I am not planning on going. I have no desire to sit outside and sure do not need to eat. I am going to enjoy what home has to offer! It is nice and quiet again today, the holiday silence! Pretty nice!!

I cracked myself up yesterday. My car chirp is a chirp answered by a real bird in the front yard. We chirped back and forth for about 5 minutes yesterday! I hear him today, but i am sitting drinking coffee. Hopefully we can play later, lol, I am not getting up!

Have a good Thursday! Be mindful of leftovers!! o:) ..Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Good morning!

Well, we had a few fireworks here and there. I think one of my neighbors had some fireworks for an hour or a little less. I missed the larger display. When I was up they weren't firing, and by the time I got off the couch to look they were re- lighting, lol. I did see a few. As we are not in city limits, there are few restrictions. We are talking whoosh real fireworks, as this is real redneck country! May barked at them and ran outside when she felt like it! Sometimes she was fine and ignored them if I told her we were fine and it was okay. Chester is deaf, so no problem. I miss seeing them, but do not want to fight the crowds! I hated it when I worked as I was trying to sleep before I went in. No Problem now, thank goodness!!
    Hi Jan
    That is good news that the fireworks did not cause a problem. I have trouble falling asleep where there is noise. We are near a Minor league ballpark and when they play a home game they shoot fireworks afterward. I could go sit real close and park in a Shopping Mall lot and see them close up so...
    I am miserable. The temp is 93 already and the humidity is so bad I can barely breathe. With the humidity factored in it is well over 100. Actually, in the A/C, not so bad! :# I am being a real redneck myself. I have only brisket left which was cooked in Cola and a good rub. It was, and is yummy! But I ate too much yesterday, and feel it today myself- so you are in good company!!

Church tonite is a supper of hot dogs, chips and homemade ice cream followed by a soccer game. I am not planning on going. I have no desire to sit outside and sure do not need to eat. I am going to enjoy what home has to offer! It is nice and quiet again today, the holiday silence! Pretty nice!!

I cracked myself up yesterday. My car chirp is a chirp answered by a real bird in the front yard. We chirped back and forth for about 5 minutes yesterday! I hear him today, but i am sitting drinking coffee. Hopefully we can play later, lol, I am not getting up!

Have a good Thursday! Be mindful of leftovers!! o:) ..Jan B)

I hate that sort of weather, no fun just to sit in, forget walking in it.

Home made Ice Cream can be good or bad depending. We do have a old hand crank ice cream maker in the shed out back. For Vanilla Ice Cream for example:
    "No cooking involved in this recipe for homemade ice cream using just cream, sugar, and vanilla with your ice cream maker."
    Ingredients
    2 cups heavy whipping cream
    2 cups half-and-half cream
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Prep 30 m
    Ready In 3 h 30 m
    In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and the half and half. Gradually whisk in the sugar until blended.
    Whisk in the vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
    Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.
    8 servings 361 calories

Car Chirp :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Luke (dog #8) went home yesterday...and the babies had a sleepover at Maggie's so I SLEPT! Nap gor give hours...up for one during fireworks (i put on a noisy fan and the TV) snd my dogs did better than previously. Then, I slept another seven hours. My back and shoulders are so much more relaxed, and the static in my brain is quiet so my brain is relaxed. (Like an anxiety attack ending.) the babies had their surgery and are back home with me. The girl is sore, but the boys were boisterous, so i put one boy in the day area snd the girl and one boy in my bathroom...snd all are currently sleeping. Vegetarians eat a wide variety of foods...just no dead animals. Potato salad and macaroni salad are vegetarian, so is watermelon and apple pie. There are vegetarian hot dogs snd veggie burgers. I'm going to rest while the puppies are resting. Hip is still very good!
  • RogerToo
    A little Humor once again

Hi
    I walked for an 1.5 hours, 8263 steps + 0 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 72 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch, also a chance of light showers followed by heavier rain into Friday and a 100% chance of rain on Friday :(

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Luke (dog #8) went home yesterday...and the babies had a sleepover at Maggie's so I SLEPT! Nap gor give hours...up for one during fireworks (i put on a noisy fan and the TV) snd my dogs did better than previously. Then, I slept another seven hours. My back and shoulders are so much more relaxed, and the static in my brain is quiet so my brain is relaxed. (Like an anxiety attack ending.) the babies had their surgery and are back home with me. The girl is sore, but the boys were boisterous, so i put one boy in the day area snd the girl and one boy in my bathroom...snd all are currently sleeping. Vegetarians eat a wide variety of foods...just no dead animals. Potato salad and macaroni salad are vegetarian, so is watermelon and apple pie. There are vegetarian hot dogs snd veggie burgers. I'm going to rest while the puppies are resting. Hip is still very good!

Hi Val
    That must be a truly great joy to get a restful nights sleep, I vaguely remember that happening to me in the past.

I thought there are some that also will not use eggs and that would sort of leave Mayo out of the salad...

I tried Veggie Burgers and TBH the ones I tried were disgusting. It is not often that I throw something out that I paid good money for, however those were an exception to that,
    Thus I would be afraid of Veggie Hot Dogs too.

Congratulations on the Hip still being Good
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    Congratulations on what I saw posted this morning :)

Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/05/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Buttons61 10 hours ago
    burned 467 calories doing 85 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello!!

Actually, all that sounds really good for a meal Val! I am trying to have more meatless meals myself!! So glad you could sleep!!! It is amazing how that makes a difference!! Congrats on living thru the pups and your little "overnite" guest!! Things are definitely on the upswing!!! Guessing it is extremely hot there!!

Roger, vegetarian foods that replace some foods vary so greatly in taste, you really have to try out brands. Morningstar hamburgers that are traditional are pretty good. It has a certain name, kinda like a premier thing, I will have to look... I think they say grillers...The chicken patties from the same people are soy I think, and I think they are to die for! Lots less fat.

So I did not go to church last nite, but took the Grandkids for supper at SaZa's. Yummy Italian foods and great pizza. We split a cheese and pepperoni half and half and had some lemon sorbet for dessert. Then we walked the riverfront. It was still about 100 deg. with the humidity. We were drenched!! We went up walls, down walls, up terraces and down, and walked the piers. I am pooped and my calves know it, lol! Then had to walk back to the car. We made it about .5 miles to a Burger King and got water and icees! So much for not being out, though it was nice right by the river, lol!! :#

Hope you sleep better, Roger! Great job on the walking and also your home page login's!! Almost 800!!! :)

Get some rest everyone!! ..Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Jan is right, vegetarian foods vary widely in taste. I hate veggie dogs (tried many brands...yuck). Morningstar Farms mini corndogs, "grillers" veggie burgers, and chickn nuggets are good. Plus i use their veggie crumble as the "meat" in my chili. Puppies are doing well post-op. I'm doing well with PT...deep massage on my sciatica...holy moly!!! Ouch. Because i had been limping so long from the bursa, I've apparently messed up my sciatica too. She told me to try walking on hills...I'll wait till my roommate is home just in case. Saturday will be a long day...driving to Oklahoma City and back, but then I'll be free to sleep as desired.
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    And I did it again, More Humor

Hi
    I walked for an hour, 4700 steps + 0 Cents during today's 2 mile walk. The temperature this morning was 70 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch.There was a shower Overnight which is forecast to be followed by heavier rain today with part of NJ getting rain from 1/2 inch to 2 inches depending on where You are in the state :(

I did not go far today, Yesterday I walked through a park that I had not been in since last year and this year I got eaten up by the bugs :( Thus I did not have a good nights sleep last night and I have noticed that a poor nights sleep equals a shorter walk due to lack of energy.

One more must do, Well actually should do thing.
    I need to go in the basement and bring up frozen for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert.

http://krqe.com/2017/07/05/victims-say-they-feel-sorry-for-thief-who-ran-car-into-sinkhole/
    Victims say they feel sorry for thief who ran car into sinkhole
    By KRQE News 13 and Brianna Gallegos Published: July 5, 2017, 5:20 pm
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – A lot of people in and around Albuquerque have their cars stolen, but most of them don’t end up seeing their cars on the news, especially sticking out of a sinkhole.
    bur6BR.jpg

Now, the owners of that car are saying they feel sorry for the thief.
    For weeks, the owners of the car were wondering if they would ever get it back when police told them their car was found — and its condition, it hit them hard.
    After police confirmed the car that fell into a sinkhole in Rio Rancho on Monday was stolen, they also revealed what was inside.
    “It contained drug paraphernalia and a few other items that indicates that somebody had potentially been living in it,” Rio Rancho Police Lieutenant J. Holt said.
    Tanner Myer and Kylie Pollan own that car. They say they feel bad for the woman.
    “I hope for her to have an opportunity to sober up and get clean,” Myers said.
    “I heard she was living in it, so I mean, she obviously needed it a little more than us,” Pollan said.
    The Albuquerque couple says that doesn’t mean they didn’t need their car, which was the only car they owned.
    “We work really hard for what we had. This was our first big purchase and it was a part of us. It helped us get to work, get food, get to the doctor. We had a car for a reason,” Pollan said.
    Now, the two just want to move forward.
    “No reason to stay mad. Being mad takes a lot of energy,” Pollan said.
    Instead, they’re focusing on what’s next. They say their insurance is good but won’t cover it all.
    “The only thing bad is we have to purchase a new car, put a down payment, but we didn’t think this was going to happen so we didn’t have a saving for this,” Pollan said.
    As for how the car was stolen, they say it was taken in the middle of the night.
    The couple says they are just thankful no one was hurt.
    The family says the car is a total loss. They hope police will release it soon so the insurance claim can go into effect.
    Police say the unidentified woman who took off from the crash scene is still on the run. They also say she had a dog with her.

http://newschannel9.com/news/offbeat/albuquerque-tv-truck-stolen-while-crew-worked-on-crime-story
    Albuquerque TV truck stolen while crew worked on crime story
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) —
    While a television news crew was gathering footage for a story about crime in the Albuquerque downtown area, a thief drove off in the station's SUV.
    The Albuquerque Journal reported the story June 23 about the KOB-TV truck.
    KOB News Director Michelle Donaldson says the vehicle was recovered within a half hour without police assistance by following the GPS tracking device that was on board.
    She says the thief had fled the scene and the SUV was locked with the keys missing.
    The crew was in the area reporting on recent concerns about crime and safety.
    Donaldson says it's ironic that KOB became victims of a crime in exactly the area they were reporting about.
    She says that violates the rule of never being the lead story of your own newscast.

I did not go far today, Yesterday I walked through a park that I had not been in since last year and this year I got eaten up by the bugs :( Thus I did not have a good nights sleep last night and I have noticed that a poor nights sleep equals a shorter walk due to lack of energy.

One more must do, Well actually should do thing.
    I need to go in the basement and bring up frozen for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!!

Actually, all that sounds really good for a meal Val! I am trying to have more meatless meals myself!! So glad you could sleep!!! It is amazing how that makes a difference!! Congrats on living thru the pups and your little "overnite" guest!! Things are definitely on the upswing!!! Guessing it is extremely hot there!!

Roger, vegetarian foods that replace some foods vary so greatly in taste, you really have to try out brands. Morningstar hamburgers that are traditional are pretty good. It has a certain name, kinda like a premier thing, I will have to look... I think they say grillers...The chicken patties from the same people are soy I think, and I think they are to die for! Lots less fat.
    Hi Jan
    TBH I do believe a Person needs some fat in their diet, Possibly a good substitute would be nuts ?
    OTOH I do love me a nice Bacon Cheeseburger. I have been using the 40 calorie slices or bread for sandwiches.
    Yesterday I whipped up a several day supply of Turkey Salad using the On sale Roast Deli Turkey Ends from the Grocery Store, Miracle Whip and the 0 calorie No Sugar Added Sweet Relish. I diced the Turkey on a cutting board :)
    So I did not go to church last nite, but took the Grandkids for supper at SaZa's. Yummy Italian foods and great pizza. We split a cheese and pepperoni half and half and had some lemon sorbet for dessert. Then we walked the riverfront. It was still about 100 deg. with the humidity. We were drenched!! We went up walls, down walls, up terraces and down, and walked the piers. I am pooped and my calves know it, lol! Then had to walk back to the car. We made it about .5 miles to a Burger King and got water and icees! So much for not being out, though it was nice right by the river, lol!! :#

Hope you sleep better, Roger! Great job on the walking and also your home page login's!! Almost 800!!! :)

Get some rest everyone!! ..Jan B)

It sounds as if You had a great time despite the humidity.

Thank You for the Kind words. Congratulations on Your achievements too, I saw these posted.
    8 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/06/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
    Buttons61 8 hours ago
    burned 312 calories doing 55 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Walking, 2.0 mph, slow pace"

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan is right, vegetarian foods vary widely in taste. I hate veggie dogs (tried many brands...yuck). Morningstar Farms mini corndogs, "grillers" veggie burgers, and chickn nuggets are good. Plus i use their veggie crumble as the "meat" in my chili. Puppies are doing well post-op. I'm doing well with PT...deep massage on my sciatica...holy moly!!! Ouch. Because i had been limping so long from the bursa, I've apparently messed up my sciatica too. She told me to try walking on hills...I'll wait till my roommate is home just in case. Saturday will be a long day...driving to Oklahoma City and back, but then I'll be free to sleep as desired.

Hi Val
    Thank You and Jan for the feedback on the brands
    My brother used to make Veggie Burgers for a family member that was on a no fat diet that he says were tasty. However he did lose the recipe and since he made them from scratch...

I have heard that accommodating something can cause other problems, It sounds as if You doctor should have warned You to be careful.

Good Luck walking and enjoy the trip
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Well, continued hot here. I keep forgetting how miserable it is as I really do not want to be out even to throw May May's toys. I do feel bad about that. The minute you are out, you are surrounded by gnats getting in your eyes, mosquitoes, chiggers and other no-see-ums. :/

I was looking for an at home day. This won't be it - as I need to get some Chester food. I obviously should have bought 2 rolls, not one and I would be home. Bummer... Last night my daughter and I went to our esteemed Alabama Shakespeare Theater and saw Mary Poppins. It was an awesome production with aerial flying for Miss Poppins, rather complex dance numbers, and some really clever tricks involving said Poppins fixing things by her magic. It really was good! Here in redneck desolation go figure we have some world class theater! lol! :#

I have a taste for veggie corn dogs now!! Val, I am glad things are improving, though , on the hip front. I have sciatica problems on occasion myself. No fun...

I had read the news story about the couple and their car in the sinkhole. Hopefully some rich person will see the story and give them a car? The news crew one is kind of funny. How ironic and embarrassing!! At least the vehicle was recovered. I wonder why it was abandoned so quickly?

Keep up the good work. 2 more pounds and I will be close to where I was when I went to the DR. How dumb of me to have to lose this all again!! :* ...Have a good week-end all !! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Humor once more

Hi
    I only walked up for a cup of coffee. The temperature this morning was 68 on the news channel and 70 degrees on the front porch.
    There is a reason for the shortened walk. Yesterday ended up being a long day, where I did not get to bed until 1.5 hours late. and then sleep came 2 hours further on.
    Why was it a long day You me be asking?
    My brother and I went to the Van Horne House
    http://www.heritagetrail.org/van_horne_house.htm
    History has taken many forms at the Van Horne House over the past 300 years, reflecting Somerset County's history. The house and its site has seen the tracks of Native Americans, the development of early settlements, the struggles of the American Revolution and the growth of commerce and industry.

n April 1777 at the Battle of Bound Brook, Lord Cornwallis' troops marched to the house and skirmished with Patriot troops in hopes of capturing Patriot officers staying at the Van Hornes, but without any luck. General Benjamin Lincoln, who had been at the house escaped into the hills, "clad only in his breeches," according to one account.
    More info via the link.
    Which is the most likely reason for the baseball teams name :)
    http://somersetpatriots.com/tickets/single_game_tickets/?utm_source=SDM&utm_medium=Search/CPC&utm_campaign=Tickets
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somerset_Patriots
    The Patriots are the winningest franchise of the Atlantic League, capturing six Championship Series titles in 2001, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009, and most recently, 2015.

The "Patriots" name refers to the Middlebrook encampment where the first official flag of the United States was unfurled, after a law to adopt a national flag had been passed by Congress on June 14, 1777. By special order of Congress, a 13-star flag is flown 24 hours a day at the Washington Camp Ground, part of the former Middlebrook encampment, in Bridgewater Township.

Anyway I took 2 Turkey Salad Sandwiches, some Raw Cauliflower, A Orange of some kind and a Protein shake + 2 Bottles of water to the Picnic part of the evening, Resisted the lure of the Ice Cream Truck, Did not resist the lure of Franny going to get Chinese for 4 people and added a Pork Egg Roll :(
    Then We sat an talked for a while, until the Fireworks went up around 10PM and then were stuck in traffic to get home. The Fireworks were from the Patriot Teams TD Bank ballpark across the street from the Van Horne House. They do Fireworks for home ballgames throughout the summer. Friday was close enough to the 4h of July and we were there this year as we were last year.
    The weather was OK with a nice breeze, It started to sprinkle around 9:30 and we thought about relocating inside, however the rain only threw a few stray drops our way and all was well. I had a really comfortable Folding chair to sit on and I took the backpack to carry the victuals in which made the trip to and from the car easy.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Well, continued hot here. I keep forgetting how miserable it is as I really do not want to be out even to throw May May's toys. I do feel bad about that. The minute you are out, you are surrounded by gnats getting in your eyes, mosquitoes, chiggers and other no-see-ums. :/

I was looking for an at home day. This won't be it - as I need to get some Chester food. I obviously should have bought 2 rolls, not one and I would be home. Bummer... Last night my daughter and I went to our esteemed Alabama Shakespeare Theater and saw Mary Poppins. It was an awesome production with aerial flying for Miss Poppins, rather complex dance numbers, and some really clever tricks involving said Poppins fixing things by her magic. It really was good! Here in redneck desolation go figure we have some world class theater! lol! :#

I have a taste for veggie corn dogs now!! Val, I am glad things are improving, though , on the hip front. I have sciatica problems on occasion myself. No fun...

I had read the news story about the couple and their car in the sinkhole. Hopefully some rich person will see the story and give them a car? The news crew one is kind of funny. How ironic and embarrassing!! At least the vehicle was recovered. I wonder why it was abandoned so quickly?

Keep up the good work. 2 more pounds and I will be close to where I was when I went to the DR. How dumb of me to have to lose this all again!! :* ...Have a good week-end all !! Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    I had that problem Thursday in the park I will not be revisiting this year BTW. I got eaten up and I hate the censored Gnats flying into my eyes. if I had not been trouble free last year in the same park I might have borrowed my brothers Bug repellent to take along, just in case.

Bought 2 rolls?? Am I forgetting something?

You are lucky to have a nice theater, I used to catch a bus to go to Broadway, and then later in life I drove over and parked in the Port Authority Parking Garage. Now due to the Tunnel Tools into Manhattan and parking fees and especially ticket prices to see anything that is in the past :(
    From Google I see this
    With an average ticket price of $66 in 2004, the growing popularity of Broadway has driven the average ticket price up almost 180% to $284 in 2016. As one of Broadway's most new popular show, Hamilton debuted in 2015 and has retained its position as the top grossing show with an average ticket price of $500.

I have a suspicion that it was abandoned due to being well marked or they left it planning to come back later, why else take the keys?

I had good news & bad news this morning, I will explain :)
    The Good, I did not gain any weight since yesterday
    The bad news, I did not lose any weight since yesterday :(

I noticed this, keep up the good work.
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/07/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Buttons61 10 hours ago
    burned 93 calories doing 20 minutes of Cleaning, light, moderate effort

Congratulations
    Roger

Hi Val
  • RogerToo
    More items posted, 5 Humor and one that was just neat

Hi
    I only walked up for a cup of coffee and stopped at the Grocery Store for fruit, Whee, They had some nice looking Apples for 59 Cents a pound. The temperature this morning was 69 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.
    The Apples will go good at Lunch and the Large Tangerines for Dinner and that gives me enough to last until Wednesday Morning. Wednesday I plan to stop at CostCo for Frozen Vegetables, More Protein Shakes and Look at the fruit prices and then decide.
    By Wednesday I will need some Bananas and will be out of fresh fruit. Why the CostCo Protein Shakes ? Since NS replaced their shakes the old one were delicious, The new ones are something I can barely choke down :(

I ran across this news yesterday, Somewhat weird IMO.
    CNN Is Losing Evening Ratings War...With Nick-At-Nite?
    Last week, more Americans tuned in to watch re-runs of “Yogi Bear,” “Full House,” and “Friends” on Nick At Nite than to watch Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon’s shows on CNN.

According to cable ratings from the week of June 26-July 2, CNN’s viewership of its primetime shows was ranked significantly lower than its competitors like Fox News and MSNBC, which place first and second respectively. Clocking in at No. 10 on the list, CNN fell behind HGTV, Nick At Nite, History Channel, and ESPN — the sports network that’s been hemorrhaging viewers for months.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2017
    Hi Jan

If I said that sometimes when I wake up at night the Bedroom Digital that keep set as a 24 hour clock is amusing. As an example I looked at it this past night and it was reading Hours 4, Minutes 44, Seconds 44 or 4:44:44 :)

When we were at the Picnic I noticed that Franny keeps the clock app set as a Analog clock...

Yesterdays news they did a informational piece on using Your smart Phone as a Magnifier to make it easy to read small print and also how to use the light on the lens side if needed for illumination.

Also they did a item on "The Hot Dog King" in NY
    It seems that he has been giving out free hot dogs to neighbors in his area for years, usually 50+ a day.

I noticed You are doing great.
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/08/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Buttons61 10 hours ago
    burned 265 calories doing 45 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Gardening, general"

Congratulations
    Roger