Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

I am glad PT is helping your hip. I admire your doing the deep massage, Val. I had it one time, and decided no way was the pain worth the afterglow! But then I was also not hurting like you! Great job! That is amazing with your dogs! I hope your HR issues get resolved safely and soon. Straightening it out well will certainly go a long way at work, I would think! :)

Roger, the story about the geese is really something! Imagine trying to sort that out! The house explosion is just frightening. You did a great job with your walking once again, and you got rich! Well, maybe you gained cents, lol! (sense)! :D That does sound ominous about the A/C! It is in the 90's here, and the dewpoints in the high 70's. I am like Val, I would die without it! So would Chester! I doubt I could fix mine; I give you a standing ovation, Val!!

I think the lower calorie bread pudding would be good, Roger. Certainly worth trying. I was thinking of making a grilled cheese with some of the pimento cheese, but I never made it that far- Or I should say the cheese didn't!

Headed for humor and will give you some feedback! We all sure love those pages!

Take care all! Stop to smell the roses!! ..Jan B)

Hi Jan
    If You read my reply to Val You will see how I am making out for now. Currently the room is down to 73.1 degrees.
    I could move into the spare bedroom, mount the windows AC in that window as it is a regular size window and sleep there. Why I don;t do that anyway is I have a problem sleeping with noises and it is next to a driveway that gets used into the late night and really early in the morning :( However it would still be better than trying to sleep while suffering from terminal sweat :)

I love a good Bread Pudding too. My waist not so much :)

Using the 40 calorie bread in the grilled cheese does make it a lot more healthy AKA Lower calorie and lower carb IMO. The thing to watch out for is sodium if You are sensitive to it as most cheeses are fairly high in sodium.
    I am lucky that I am OK with what my Brother calls a wish sandwich as in You wish it had more meat of cheese. as and example he puts 1/4 pound of Bologna in a sandwich :) That would be 360 calories just for the Bologna. Looking up the OM Beef Bologna which is what I bought shows that the calories from fat are somewhat high. Lucky me I am OK with one slice :)

Oscar Mayer Beef Bologna Cold Cuts
    Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 slice (28g)
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 70
    Calories 90
    % Daily Values*
    Total Fat 8g 12%
    Saturated Fat 2.5g 12%
    Cholesterol 20mg 7%
    Sodium 240mg 10%
    Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 3g
    Vitamin A - Vitamin C 10%
    Calcium - Iron 2%

I liked the layout for the dirigible! It was like "the rest of the story!!" <3

Thank You for the feedback.

Ah yes, when You said :The rest of the Story Paul Harvey popped into my mind :)
    http://www.npr.org/2014/10/09/354718833/the-rest-of-the-story-paul-harvey-conservative-talk-radio-pioneer

I used to listen to the rest of the story by Paul Harvey driving home from work, It was usually interesting and enlightening.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    My deep massage resulted in a large thick bruise! The bruise hurts when i walk, but the hip doesn't! I talked with the head of HR today. He and I were in complete agreement! He just wanted me to check with one person to make sure there was no duplication of effort. However...that HR woman that has been over involved with every single thing i do...she's still quite the struggle. This morning she announced to a group that Vsl is wrong! I privately sent her email proof that my boss' boss had indeed directed me to do that. No response. Then this afternoon to a group of people she ordered me to do xxx immediately! Yawn. Seriously. I privately emailed her no...my boss' boss told me to, and HER BOSS concurred! Lol! Haven't heard back. Sigh. She's very abrasive and often wrong!
  • RogerToo
    And more humor once again
    BTW do the Moving images slow down load times too much for Anybody ?

Hi
    I walked 5700 Steps during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 75 degrees on the front porch. It is 82 degrees on the backyard thermometer already as of 7:30 :( Yesterday some locations set a new record high at 97 degrees.

Why the short walk today You may be wondering, Or maybe not given the early heat. Luckily the heat wave is supposed to break for tomorrow.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My deep massage resulted in a large thick bruise! The bruise hurts when i walk, but the hip doesn't! I talked with the head of HR today. He and I were in complete agreement! He just wanted me to check with one person to make sure there was no duplication of effort. However...that HR woman that has been over involved with every single thing i do...she's still quite the struggle. This morning she announced to a group that Vsl is wrong! I privately sent her email proof that my boss' boss had indeed directed me to do that. No response. Then this afternoon to a group of people she ordered me to do xxx immediately! Yawn. Seriously. I privately emailed her no...my boss' boss told me to, and HER BOSS concurred! Lol! Haven't heard back. Sigh. She's very abrasive and often wrong!

Hi Val
    Interesting that the large bruise hurts, I have bruised myself in the past and do not recall it hurting, only that it was unsightly.
    It sounds as if You are willing to trade the Hip pain for the bruise pain ?

It sounds as if that HR woman has a grudge against You.
    Just be careful what You say in the email although I am sure You already are. I might want to record what she says if possible. I would also forward any emails she sends You to Your home email address too just in case.

What is VSL?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I noticed
    12 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/12/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.

Way to go
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!

Good grief, Val, your HR lady sounds like a piranha! Document!! CYA!!! As they say!! >:)

If you were hurt deeply in your fall, it would account for the bruise raising, I think, on massage. Just guessing. Ice for 48 hrs if you need! :#

Rodger, I love Paul Harvey. I use the phrase when I can just to remember him. Your link was great!! Thank you!!

It is 90 something here. A little sticky due to rain yesterday. A quick wind before thunderstorm yesterday had uprooted a tree I had. I do not know if I can replant. Part of root system is still in the ground, one root is not ! Bizarre! I need to water a few things, plant a few things and weed. And my house is a disaster. I did not do anything yesterday but feed dogs, birds and me, and clean up the kitchen. I was utterly exhausted from Sat. and Sunday making dinner for small group. It was a lot of standing. I feel better today though. It is aggravating to want to do something, but just can not find the energy, or hurt to do more. I think it is a combination of arthritis, so trying to move, but mostly CHF. I just get tired. I would rather rest though than have the doc decide to put me in for tests, and I am sure possibly surgery for blockages or something. I just do not want to go down that road yet! My sleep is better though finally, so that is something!

Getting on track- no upcoming dinners or socials- thank goodness!! o:) ..Take care Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Vsl is a typo for Val. Sorry. Good news/bad news. So, I invited HR to meet with me and I told her how i felt. Turns out she likes me and wants to be in my meetings because she finds my perspective to be helpful. Totally not what i was expecting. She noticed that im really good at figuring out what can go wrong...apparently she had been unsuccessfully trying to accomplish what we're working on for years...and belives in me that i can make it work. I didn't see that coming. So, we're teaming up and I'm the point man. Cool. The bad news is I'm in horrid pain!!!! The bruise is within the muscles so any movement or sitting aggrivates it to no end. Plus, tomorrow I'm going to the doctor to have a really long needle stuck into my hip. I dislike pain!
  • RogerToo
    Breaking news
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/14/virginia-gop-baseball-practice-shooting-multiple-people-shot.html
    House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip and multiple Congressional aides were hit by a gunman with a rifle who opened fire at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday morning, Fox News confirmed.
    At least one aide was shot in the chest.
    Both @POTUS & @VP are aware of the developing situation in Virginia. Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected.
    — Sean Spicer (@PressSec) June 14, 2017

The gunman was shot by U.S. Capital Police, apprehended and taken to the hospital. Sen. Mike Lee told Fox News, however, the gunman was dead. Rep. Mo Brooks reportedly used a belt as a tourniquet to stop Scalise's bleeding.

Hi
    I walked 6400 Steps + 11 cents during todays walk. The temperature this morning was 74 on the news channel and 74 degrees on the front porch. The predicted high for today is the low 80s. Yesterday some locations in NJ hit 99 degrees and at LaGuardia Airport in NY they set a new record high at 101 degrees.

If a Pizza is round, why does it come in a square box ?

More details in the article
    http://www.chron.com/news/politics/houston/article/Cash-strapped-city-sells-some-streets-11213664.php
    Cash-strapped Houston sells off $2M worth of city streets
    The city of Houston held a yard sale of sorts last week, dusting off some possessions it doesn't use anymore and offering them for sale or swap to its neighbors.
    In this case, City Council approved selling or swapping almost $2 million worth of city streets and utility easements. That won't correct the more than $100 million budget deficits city officials project for the next five years, but it's not peanuts.
    The first example came in Manchester, where council abandoned and sold several streets and easements to the adjacent Valero refinery for $1.4 million.

If You have a strong stomach visit this link
    http://abc13.com/news/neighbors-furious-over-mans-smelly-clam-shell-road/2071302/

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Sorry no humor today as I am in a state of disgust with the shooting in Virginia :(
    Good morning!!

Good grief, Val, your HR lady sounds like a piranha! Document!! CYA!!! As they say!! >:)

If you were hurt deeply in your fall, it would account for the bruise raising, I think, on massage. Just guessing. Ice for 48 hrs if you need! :#

Rodger, I love Paul Harvey. I use the phrase when I can just to remember him. Your link was great!! Thank you!!

It is 90 something here. A little sticky due to rain yesterday. A quick wind before thunderstorm yesterday had uprooted a tree I had. I do not know if I can replant. Part of root system is still in the ground, one root is not ! Bizarre! I need to water a few things, plant a few things and weed. And my house is a disaster. I did not do anything yesterday but feed dogs, birds and me, and clean up the kitchen. I was utterly exhausted from Sat. and Sunday making dinner for small group. It was a lot of standing. I feel better today though. It is aggravating to want to do something, but just can not find the energy, or hurt to do more. I think it is a combination of arthritis, so trying to move, but mostly CHF. I just get tired. I would rather rest though than have the doc decide to put me in for tests, and I am sure possibly surgery for blockages or something. I just do not want to go down that road yet! My sleep is better though finally, so that is something!

Getting on track- no upcoming dinners or socials- thank goodness!! o:) ..Take care Jan B)

Hi Jan
    I do not think I would want to replant there, over time as the roots rot or termites eat them the ground level will shift.

Currently I am boiling the 2.5 dozen eggs from on sale to have hard boiled eggs to use as a protein. 75 calories per and they were really cheap too. My brother will be slicing them into his salad also.

I wish I could say that I slept well for the last two nights, I will not as I would not like to lie about it :)

Congratulations
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/13/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    burned 81 calories doing 15 minutes of Walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Vsl is a typo for Val. Sorry. Good news/bad news. So, I invited HR to meet with me and I told her how i felt. Turns out she likes me and wants to be in my meetings because she finds my perspective to be helpful. Totally not what i was expecting. She noticed that im really good at figuring out what can go wrong...apparently she had been unsuccessfully trying to accomplish what we're working on for years...and belives in me that i can make it work. I didn't see that coming. So, we're teaming up and I'm the point man. Cool. The bad news is I'm in horrid pain!!!! The bruise is within the muscles so any movement or sitting aggrivates it to no end. Plus, tomorrow I'm going to the doctor to have a really long needle stuck into my hip. I dislike pain!

Hi Val
    I hope that You and HR work well together.

I do not know anybody that does like pain. In your caseit would be a double dislike, Needles and Pain.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning! Hopefully better than Weds.!

What news to wake up to. People have no censor on their mouths anymore, simply out of good taste. It really incites people. I guess they may be crazy anyway, but the lack of respect for others is just appalling. I found it odd they were all in prayer as our Christian values are slowly being strpped away. I'm glad they prayed, mind you. But odd... I will give credit to restraint for the police, however, as lax as our court system is, I would just as soon they finish off the guy right there. He will just cause further destruction. Chilling news.

Sorry you have not slept well. There is nothing worse. I hate to feel like that all day. But..You did find change and walk! Good for you!! Your weather is far warmer than we are!! How crazy!!!! I am using more eggs,too. I like them!!

I think it is too hard to make a round box, more money! LOL! They roll more too! :# I have not noticed any time loading up your humor page beyond what is normal, my computer would probably know- it is a slow little thing on occasion. :D

Glad I do not live by the sea shell road. What an idiot.... :s They need to make him take it up and do it right, without all the little bodies....

Val, I am so sorry that hurts so. I hope PT will not be too hard with it. I am with you. I am not much on pain! Hopefully it will bring good results in the long run!! Glad HR worked out better than expected. Just keep part of your guard up, though. Hopefully,, she realized you can be a help. Watch in case she is playing an angle. Still CYA in this ongoing situation!! :# I hope all goes well at the DR. for you!!!

Keep up the good work, all!! ..Jan (cloudy!!)
  • hope4change_val
    Hi. Rough news day...i was up watching the London fire; then the baseball shooting; then the UPS shooting. Very sad. Too many people don't know how to legally and respectfully deal with their feelings. So, interesting appt today. Now that I've had the bursa injection done correctly (plus yhey get an A+ on informed consent!!!!), i can fully say thst last orth doc is incompetent. He did nothing that these folks did....maybe he wants it to fail so he gets more money from surgery? Anyway, I could totally feel the pop when the needle entered the bursa. It hurt when the cortisone and lidocaine went into the bursa because it stretched that pouch! It takes 15 seconds for lidocaine to kick in once injected. And they were completely correct that lidocaine wears off in 3-4 hours...which allowed me to be in a safe situation when that happened!!! Plus, cortisone causes blood vessel dilation yielding flushing and a wierd hot flash type of thing....which, when you know ehst it is because they warned you about that sude effect, can be easily managed. Ice helps with this pain but i look forward to its departure in 7-10 days. Hmm. Information really does help me feel comfortable and allows me to prepare my work and home to accommodate my needs. He commented that derp massage should not yield a bruise, especially like the one i have from PT. Peace and safety to all.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning! Hopefully better than Weds.!

What news to wake up to. People have no censor on their mouths anymore, simply out of good taste. It really incites people. I guess they may be crazy anyway, but the lack of respect for others is just appalling. I found it odd they were all in prayer as our Christian values are slowly being stripped away. I'm glad they prayed, mind you. But odd... I will give credit to restraint for the police, however, as lax as our court system is, I would just as soon they finish off the guy right there. He will just cause further destruction. Chilling news.

Sorry you have not slept well. There is nothing worse. I hate to feel like that all day. But..You did find change and walk! Good for you!! Your weather is far warmer than we are!! How crazy!!!! I am using more eggs,too. I like them!!

I think it is too hard to make a round box, more money! LOL! They roll more too! :# I have not noticed any time loading up your humor page beyond what is normal, my computer would probably know- it is a slow little thing on occasion. :D

Glad I do not live by the sea shell road. What an idiot.... :s They need to make him take it up and do it right, without all the little bodies....

Val, I am so sorry that hurts so. I hope PT will not be too hard with it. I am with you. I am not much on pain! Hopefully it will bring good results in the long run!! Glad HR worked out better than expected. Just keep part of your guard up, though. Hopefully,, she realized you can be a help. Watch in case she is playing an angle. Still CYA in this ongoing situation!! :# I hope all goes well at the DR. for you!!!

Keep up the good work, all!! ..Jan (cloudy!!)

Hi Jan
    I have to agree that Christianity is under attack in this country as is much of History.

The video I saw on TV was disgusting, How can You even enter or leave the house with all those flies around. Instant diet from the stench and flies however.

Stay Cool, Today is already the nicest day of the week.

I noticed this, Congratulations
    yesterday, burned 155 calories doing 30 minutes of yard work

Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Rough news day...i was up watching the London fire; then the baseball shooting; then the UPS shooting. Very sad. Too many people don't know how to legally and respectfully deal with their feelings. So, interesting appt today. Now that I've had the bursa injection done correctly (plus yhey get an A+ on informed consent!!!!), i can fully say thst last orth doc is incompetent. He did nothing that these folks did....maybe he wants it to fail so he gets more money from surgery? Anyway, I could totally feel the pop when the needle entered the bursa. It hurt when the cortisone and lidocaine went into the bursa because it stretched that pouch! It takes 15 seconds for lidocaine to kick in once injected. And they were completely correct that lidocaine wears off in 3-4 hours...which allowed me to be in a safe situation when that happened!!! Plus, cortisone causes blood vessel dilation yielding flushing and a wierd hot flash type of thing....which, when you know ehst it is because they warned you about that sude effect, can be easily managed. Ice helps with this pain but i look forward to its departure in 7-10 days. Hmm. Information really does help me feel comfortable and allows me to prepare my work and home to accommodate my needs. He commented that derp massage should not yield a bruise, especially like the one i have from PT. Peace and safety to all.

Hi Val
    The world has gone crazy :(
    I see violence on the local news daily and for the stupidest reasons too.

I am sorry that the previous Ortho Doc was next to useless.
    It sounds as if they gave You all the information You needed too.

The comment that Deep Massage should not cause a bruise makes me wonder about that persons competency too.

I hope today has better news I could use some.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning all,

The headlines are pretty grim. I do not even have cable, I can imagine how bad it would be if I did. I like living in my little bubble here! I am really on a kick that mental health is being cut at a time when it is apparently needed.

I am so glad you found a GOOD ortho guy, Val. Interesting about the bruising. I still wonder if there was not some deep damage when you fell. Deep massage altered my heart rate (kind of chest pain) and not in a good way. The lady said I should have told her- but how do you know when you never had a message like that. It all hurt! Seems like she should know, if she is doing it to people. Never again! On the other hand, my PT was wonderful up to the last day. My Doc said I was done, but PT did not want to release me. My info was they worked with the DR. (as in communicating?) but apparently not beyond an initial contact. The head PT guy I did not care for as much as his crew, and I think he took offense I wanted my last appt. I was shocked he was in charge as he did not do as great a job as his crew members. He may have been more the go to sports guy; I will give him the benefit of a doubt. This was after I thought I was done several times in the weeks before because of how they would phrase things. This could have been solved by being more honest about how long they would keep me, even if it was a guess due to progress. My last day, the head guy worked me 2-3x as much, saying it was to show me what I needed for at home that I still did not know. I did not mind that, but I think there was a certain ego power trip there because I wanted PT done with. I had been very polite about it! He made me do my exercises lying on my back for the first time instead of sitting as I had been, which was hard with my apnea. He doubled everything, and really extended my range. I really think he forgot I was not a post-surgery pt. and still had bone spurs and deposits I was working thru. It was the first time it really hurt afterwards in a not good way. I really think he did damage, as my pain now is more constant and in a slightly different spot, making me think he was just getting back at me, not just doing the necessary. All of which could have been solved by them sharing info on what their plan was upfront. I loved the crew, but I felt the head guy was somewhat unprofessional. (He gabbed a lot when there to the other male working, too, which was way more than other workers there did (or a boss thing? lol!). Just use this as a forewarning if you run into that same time issue. Sorry, I vented too!! :)

Cloudy day at first. We should get storms later. I have some running and have to go to the post office. Trying to make progress at home! I saw you walked Roger, on the home page. Poor phrasing!! :D Always faithful!! I need a better morning routine! I did get lots of steps in yesterday, in spite of myself, lol! .. Jan :#
  • hope4change_val
    I felt really puny last night. Up all night w bad hip pain, about 1am developed an excruciating headache. Took Tylenol and Aleve w no effect. At 3am i was dying from the headache and needed to go to the ER. But Mary's bedroom is 60 feet away and I couldn't walk. I somehow got to the kitchen, and lay hysterically sobbing on the floor. The headache was the worst I've ever had. I was scared. I got ice for my hip...then also packed my head in ice. That saved me. So i remained on the kitchen floor on ice for an hour until i was okay. I felt fair during the day. But now am feeling really puny again. And now I'm scared of what tonight will bring. I'm so tired. Take care, val
  • RogerToo
    Humor is Posted

Hi
    I walked 7341 Steps + 1 Dime during today's walk. The temperature this morning was 64 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch. The predicted high for today is in the 70s and a chance of Thunderstorms.

Today is D-Day for my diet as we meet friends at Harold's for Dinner. I know I will be overeating :(
    http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/06/13/police-increase-efforts-over-violence/

Here is a weird one IMO
    https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-15/trump-orders-government-to-stop-work-on-y2k-bug-17-years-later
    Trump Orders Government to Stop Work on Y2K Bug, 17 Years Later

and

Officers To Be Put On 12-Hour Shifts, As City Violence Increases
    BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore sees multiple deadly shootings in just a matter of hours. It was a burst of violence that forced the commissioner to make a drastic move today.
    All uniformed officers will be on mandatory 12-hour shifts, as the city hustles to control the crime.
    Ava-joye Burnett reports the violence spilled over from the night into broad daylight today.
    After a violent night, the police department announced a plan on how to address this problem, as the Police Commissioner was angered by the violence.

Politics ?
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/14/resist-movement-violence-threaten-united-states/

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning all,

The headlines are pretty grim. I do not even have cable, I can imagine how bad it would be if I did. I like living in my little bubble here! I am really on a kick that mental health is being cut at a time when it is apparently needed.

I am so glad you found a GOOD ortho guy, Val. Interesting about the bruising. I still wonder if there was not some deep damage when you fell. Deep massage altered my heart rate (kind of chest pain) and not in a good way. The lady said I should have told her- but how do you know when you never had a message like that. It all hurt! Seems like she should know, if she is doing it to people. Never again! On the other hand, my PT was wonderful up to the last day. My Doc said I was done, but PT did not want to release me. My info was they worked with the DR. (as in communicating?) but apparently not beyond an initial contact. The head PT guy I did not care for as much as his crew, and I think he took offense I wanted my last appt. I was shocked he was in charge as he did not do as great a job as his crew members. He may have been more the go to sports guy; I will give him the benefit of a doubt. This was after I thought I was done several times in the weeks before because of how they would phrase things. This could have been solved by being more honest about how long they would keep me, even if it was a guess due to progress. My last day, the head guy worked me 2-3x as much, saying it was to show me what I needed for at home that I still did not know. I did not mind that, but I think there was a certain ego power trip there because I wanted PT done with. I had been very polite about it! He made me do my exercises lying on my back for the first time instead of sitting as I had been, which was hard with my apnea. He doubled everything, and really extended my range. I really think he forgot I was not a post-surgery pt. and still had bone spurs and deposits I was working thru. It was the first time it really hurt afterwards in a not good way. I really think he did damage, as my pain now is more constant and in a slightly different spot, making me think he was just getting back at me, not just doing the necessary. All of which could have been solved by them sharing info on what their plan was upfront. I loved the crew, but I felt the head guy was somewhat unprofessional. (He gabbed a lot when there to the other male working, too, which was way more than other workers there did (or a boss thing? lol!). Just use this as a forewarning if you run into that same time issue. Sorry, I vented too!! :)

Cloudy day at first. We should get storms later. I have some running and have to go to the post office. Trying to make progress at home! I saw you walked Roger, on the home page. Poor phrasing!! :D Always faithful!! I need a better morning routine! I did get lots of steps in yesterday, in spite of myself, lol! .. Jan :#

Hi Jan
    FWIW I hope You reported that PT place to Your doctor for future rethinking before he doctor sends anyone else there.

I ended up around 11.5K steps yesterday.

Wish me Luck at Harold's, I have their menu opened up to look at ahead of tonight to help me decide what I want to look at.
    You can follow the link in the previous post if curious :)

10 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/15/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Buttons61 10 hours ago
    burned 224 calories doing 35 minutes of cardio exercises, including "Gardening, general"
    Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I felt really puny last night. Up all night w bad hip pain, about 1am developed an excruciating headache. Took Tylenol and Aleve w no effect. At 3am i was dying from the headache and needed to go to the ER. But Mary's bedroom is 60 feet away and I couldn't walk. I somehow got to the kitchen, and lay hysterically sobbing on the floor. The headache was the worst I've ever had. I was scared. I got ice for my hip...then also packed my head in ice. That saved me. So i remained on the kitchen floor on ice for an hour until i was okay. I felt fair during the day. But now am feeling really puny again. And now I'm scared of what tonight will bring. I'm so tired. Take care, val

Hi Val
    Wow, Maybe You should go see someone if that is happening. It sounds really bad.

I would not expect that the Hip pain would cause that bad a headache. I wonder if there is a prescription pain medication they give You for such occasion use and only for those times.

I hope You are now better today and that the night passed without incident.
    Is it time to talk to Your doctor regarding SSI disability?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hello all!

Val, I am so sorry you had that experience. It sounds truly awful. Your headache was probably caused by your initial hip pain. I think it is possible the pain spiked your B/P and that and stress caused the headache. Just guessing. I would tell both Docs about it. Often a hot shower or using a hair drier on very warm/hot will get rid of migraines. It dilates the blood vessels. The ice probably helped the areas around the problem and helped you to feel better. Just experiment. Well, hopefully that won't happen again. Try heat on the hip by now to see what feels better. I like the heat on something old, but some people like ice on it. (hip). You could also try your tens on the hip before bed. As Roger wondered, it is possible to get something for that occasion depending on the doctor. I sure hope you had a better night. And feel better all around. Keep us updated! <3

Rodger, I would not be able to choose for dinner. Though deli choices seem logical. You are pretty good at putting things up. You may overeat, but I bet that you bring a few things home for later. You are usually thrifty that way. :)
    We had 2 inches of rain with our storms. Just a messy day on Thurs. I am going for Chinese. Probably not a great diet day! :#

The articles on the U.S.are just scary. We do seem to be going to hell in a handbasket.

My dogs are acting very strange this morning. They are just restless and very apprehensive looking. Really out of character. They were fine during storms yesterday, so kind of weird.

Waiting on your follow-up Val, and Roger's deli experience. Talk about polarity. :o ..Be safe!! ..Jan