Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Sunshiny day! I was so warm after feeding the birds, throwing May May's ball, and moving some small fences that coffee did not sound good. It is still sticky here, though not as bad as before. I had iced coffee instead, and now I am cold! :D My next cup will be the reg. hot one I guess, lol!

I am assuming my yard guys might show up. They are overdue due to the rain. It is hard not exactly knowing if they are coming, but then staying home does save money! Yesterday our little ladies group met at Panera, and I had a smoothie and cookie. At the time I had the calories, and their smoothies do not have much sugar and have greek yogurt. LOL, the cookie makes up for it. I think the sugar in the cookie seduced me into buying some french bread. So I was over yesterday with my calories. Hopefully back on track today. I have got to tackle social eating better, as church is killing me, now meeting 3x a week with food. :/
    Hi Jan
    Here it is at 12:45, the front porch which gets solar heating from the sun is showing 88 degrees and The outdoors thermometer in the back yard and in the shade is already showing just under 84 degrees :)

I have found that foods that are sugary or otherwise high in carbs seem to turn off my self control too.

BTW here is a weird one from our Local CBS TV station, and The cost is (Only) about $9,000, which includes the nutrition counseling, but it’s general not covered by insurance
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/06/07/swallow-balloons-to-lose-weight/
    Glad your garden is doing well, but I am sorry about the deer. That is pretty bad if they eat deer treated plants. That is going to be a problem, I guess. I am surprised they are nibbling so soon. I always thought it was more towards the end of the season, but I guess it makes sense to nibble when things are tender, too.

I do not really feel bad about sneaking in stuff at the show. The prices are truly outrageous. Of course, I do not want to get caught either! :#

Chess pie is to die for. I think up north they may be Neiman Marcus bars. I will find a recipe for you to try for celebrations! You will definitely need to give some to neighbors, it is too good!! I do not know how they got that name. They are just off white buttery looking, lol.

Did you join the group with Lean Jean? I noticed you logging your exercise daily! I need to,but need to commit to walking regularly first!! I could use the motivation.!!

And off subject: Mama's Chess Pie

8 tablespoons butter- one stick
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sifted flour
    3-6 tablespoons ice water

Cut butter into dry ingredients. Slowly add ice water. Knead dough and roll out on dough board, or press into bottom of 9 inch pie plate. ( 8x5 for bars..).

Filling:
    1/2 pound butter (2 sticks)
    1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    7 egg yolks, beaten
    2 Tablespoons cornmeal

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar: add egg yolks,vanilla and cream. Gently blend in cornmeal. Pour into chess pie pastry. Bake until light brown on top, about 35-45 minutes.

To die for... a billion calories/piece :) ... lol, Jan

We had a problem with them eating off the Sunflower plants when they were a few inches high last year too, Then they at the Flowers off of some of the ones that survived their eating to add insult to injury.

No I did not join that group, I just felt like logging for a while...

Thank You for the Recipe, I can't imagine why it could be high in calories with all the no calorie ingredients :)
    I have immortalized it, so to speak, I printed a copy and saved a copy in my documents folder
    Roger

You made me curious so I looked it up :)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_pie
    Chess pie
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Chess pie is a dessert characteristic of Southern U.S. cuisine.
    History
    According to James Beard's American Cookery (1972), chess pie was brought from England originally and was found in New England as well as Virginia. The origin of the name chess pie may have come from the term "pie chest", another name for a pie safe.

Composition
    Recipes vary, but all the variations call for the preparation of a single crust and a filling composed of eggs, butter, granulated sugar, and vanilla. What sets chess pie apart from many other custard pies is the addition of cornmeal. Some recipes also call for corn syrup, which tends to create a thicker consistency.
    In addition to standard chess pie, other flavor variations include lemon, coconut and chocolate chess pie.

Place of origin England
    Main ingredients Pie crust, eggs, butter, granulated sugar, vanilla, corn meal
    Variations Lemon chess pie, vinegar pie
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today and a request for feedback :)

Hi
    I walked 7100 Steps + 2 Cents during today's walk. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 65 degrees on the front porch.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I saw the item below on my Home page.

Congratulations on getting back on the horse that threw You :)
    12 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/09/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Hi! What a week...but I survived. My shot appointment got moved to next Wednesday because the guy is on vacation. Tuesday's core strengthening PT was awesome. Wednesday the puppies got their first shots. Friday hip PT was tremendously painful but felt amazingly great after! For sanity and cost and tome away from work, I'm combining PTs to the hip place. But i called and told the first place that they were wonderful...it's just that ortho guy wants the other. Work has really bothered me this week. HR wants to stop me from talking to people in my organization about that new database being developed. Hmmm! And they did this not by speaking to ME, but by telling my boss' boss. Fortunately, even though he's only been with our company a couple months...I've earned his respect. He told me to proceed with what I'm doing but to try to get the HR top dog on board. I completely love the puppies, but I really need sleep!!!
  • hope4change_val
    Jellybean left and Marshmallow right
  • RogerToo
    Hi! What a week...but I survived. My shot appointment got moved to next Wednesday because the guy is on vacation. Tuesday's core strengthening PT was awesome. Wednesday the puppies got their first shots. Friday hip PT was tremendously painful but felt amazingly great after! For sanity and cost and tome away from work, I'm combining PTs to the hip place. But i called and told the first place that they were wonderful...it's just that ortho guy wants the other. Work has really bothered me this week. HR wants to stop me from talking to people in my organization about that new database being developed. Hmmm! And they did this not by speaking to ME, but by telling my boss' boss. Fortunately, even though he's only been with our company a couple months...I've earned his respect. He told me to proceed with what I'm doing but to try to get the HR top dog on board. I completely love the puppies, but I really need sleep!!!

Hi Val
    That's great that the PT is helping.
    I think I would want to get HR on board before talking to others. Feedback is important when developing something like that IMO.
    Jellybean left and Marshmallow right

It took me a few seconds to understand the post. I was looking for foods, then the light bulb went on overhead :)

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!! Happy Sunday to you!

It is a virtual smorgasbord of writing! I have to say first off, I would love to snuggle with JellyBean and Marshmallow. They are so cute!! I bet they keep you running, Val! What do your other dogs think? Sounds like work is the usual. It is hard keeping everyone happy, but it sounds like the boss appreciates your work! Glad PT is going well. I hope this resolves most of the problems. Wouldn't that be awesome! Hopefully you can squeeze in some naps!

Nice job walking Roger, and finding change. I rarely see any. LOL, I rarely have any!

We are in the 70's at nite and high 80's this week; We might hit 90. Rain chances are 40% most of the week. Good for my water bill!

That is interesting about the chess pie. The south does have a lot of pie chests down here, or they did. Antiques are not so plentiful as they were 25 years ago. People snap them up when they see them, though.

I so agree about the sugary or starchy things. In an effort to get my triglycerides down, I am eating less meat. The fruits and veggies are fine, but adding cereal, and bread in has made my cravings worse. I am hungry all the time. I also feel more tired and heavy. I am going to have to work out something for more protein like fish, I guess than carbs. I just tire of fish pretty quickly.

Maybe you logging your walks will inspire me more! I woke at 4:30 this morning and could not sleep. It is 10:30, and I bet I could sleep now, lol! ..Keep up the good work!! Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Humor has been posted taking into account the feedback, Thank You for that.

Hi
    I walked 7500 Steps during today's morning walk. The temperature this morning is 69 on the news channel and 67 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 10.8k steps. After yard work later on after we returned from the Produce store where I checked their prices and the Grocery Store was lower according to their flyer so I walked down there and back to the truck where my brother was patiently waiting. I was mistaken when I said they had two types of apples on sale what was on sale was D'Anjou Pears and Red Delicious Apples :)

On the way to the 90s already.at 8:45 it is 82 degrees :( No wonder I was starting to feel warm walking today.

Thankfully the humidity was not too bad this morning. According to the weather forecast it is supposed to hit later today and hang around along with a air quality alert for the next couple of days too.

Some humor from a post elsewhere on this forum :)
    http://cheezburger.com/1957896/hungry-kitten-wont-let-anyone-touch-her-food?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ICanHasCheezburger+(I+CAN+HAS+CHEEZBURGER)

http://cheezburger.com/2377733/meet-the-cat-boat-amsterdams-floating-sanctuary-for-cats?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+ICanHasCheezburger+(I+CAN+HAS+CHEEZBURGER)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!! Happy Sunday to you!

It is a virtual smorgasbord of writing! I have to say first off, I would love to snuggle with JellyBean and Marshmallow. They are so cute!! I bet they keep you running, Val! What do your other dogs think? Sounds like work is the usual. It is hard keeping everyone happy, but it sounds like the boss appreciates your work! Glad PT is going well. I hope this resolves most of the problems. Wouldn't that be awesome! Hopefully you can squeeze in some naps!

Nice job walking Roger, and finding change. I rarely see any. LOL, I rarely have any!

We are in the 70's at nite and high 80's this week; We might hit 90. Rain chances are 40% most of the week. Good for my water bill!

That is interesting about the chess pie. The south does have a lot of pie chests down here, or they did. Antiques are not so plentiful as they were 25 years ago. People snap them up when they see them, though.

I so agree about the sugary or starchy things. In an effort to get my triglycerides down, I am eating less meat. The fruits and veggies are fine, but adding cereal, and bread in has made my cravings worse. I am hungry all the time. I also feel more tired and heavy. I am going to have to work out something for more protein like fish, I guess than carbs. I just tire of fish pretty quickly.

Maybe you logging your walks will inspire me more! I woke at 4:30 this morning and could not sleep. It is 10:30, and I bet I could sleep now, lol! ..Keep up the good work!! Jan B)

Hi Jan
    Since You are in what I think of as the Deep South It is interesting that Your weather is better than ours :(

I use skinless not basted and not a Butterball Turkey breast as a lean protein. I also use lean Beef, Lean Pork with the fat that cooked out blotted up and discarded. I can get a Precooked still hot & fresh Turkey breast half at the Grocery store, Ditto sometimes with Pork and Chicken breasts, as well as Whole Roasted Chickens which work out for us, I use the Breast Meat and my brother uses the rest of it so there is no waste. Also Look for a Low Sodium Ham and check the label I believe a 3 ounce portion is OK in terms of sodium and be sure to trim the fat before cooking. These are all things I have used since I do not care for fish. One other go to is Canned Chicken or Turkey breast in a water pack. I turn those into a Chicken (Turkey) salad using some Miracle Whip, No Sugar Added Sweet Relish, 0 calories. and put it on a 60 calorie Tumaro's brand wrap. I also do the same with hard boiled eggs. They are 13g and 14g of carbs and 40 calories per slice for the 647 bread.

Schmidt Old Tyme 647 is an innovative new bread line that is a healthier bread alternative, with the same great taste as traditional breads with the added benefit of being a full size slice of bread. With only 6 net carbs, 40 calories, 7 grams of fiber and just 1 gram of sugar per slice.

647 Bread Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Slice (28g)
    Serving Per Container 18

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 40 Calories from Fat 10 % Daily Value
    Total Fat 1g 1%
    Saturated Fat 0g 2%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0g 0%
    Monounsaturated Fat 0g 0%
    Trans Fat 0g 0%
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 130mg 5%
    Potassium 25mg 1%
    Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 7g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 2g

and the Wrap is
    https://www.target.com/p/tumaro-s-153-low-carb-multi-grain-tortillas-8-inch/-/A-50385384?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Grocery+Essentials+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Grocery&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9004026&gclid=CjwKEAjw1PPJBRDq9dGHivbXmhcSJAATZd_BUN5ixqD_nhhDRs8vhGcfIGOZiDg1nuscdeh-3tcIVxoCmgbw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Unlike oversized bagels and thick-cut sandwich breads, these Tumaro’s Multi Grain wraps have only 60 calories and 4 net carbs. They are thin and flexible, and are perfect for showcasing the goods you stuff them with. Wrap up veggies, hummus, feta, and olives for a light midday meal, or put scrambled eggs in one for breakfast. With 7 grams of dietary fiber each, low in fat and free of cholesterol, these wraps give you the perfect foundation for a satisfying, filling, healthy meal.

Bread Base: multigrain
    Main Grain Ingredient: oats
    Serving Size: 1wrap
    Serving Per Container: 8
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 60 Calories from Fat: 15 % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 2g 3%
    Saturated Fat 0g 0%
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
    Monounsaturated Fat 1g
    Cholesterol 0mg 0%
    Sodium 100mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
    Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 6g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 15%
    Iron 6%
    Trans Fat 0g

* Percentage of Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

I hope this is helpful, You might find the Wraps at target, FWIW they stay fresh really well too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

BTW two slices of the 647 bread at 40 calories a slice and two slices of Velveeta at 40 calories a slice for a grand total of 160 calories could be used as a Grilled Cheese or Cheese Sandwich
  • hope4change_val
    xputa3h8z07r.png
  • hope4change_val
    My dogs are doing great at accepting the little ones. On the 14th, I'm adding another dog for 2 weeks (that will make 8 canines). A former foster...folks need to go out of state for funeral. Aunt Val's is much more fun than a boarding place. It's nothing compared to my past, but I walked 1/2 mile without pain!
  • hope4change_val
    HR wants to do something unethical and possibly illegal. But I won't. So, thus my precarious challenge.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Those puppies are just the cutest, Val! I love their noses! You must be a very great leader. My males did not get along after a while. May and Chester have gotten into it several times, mostly mistakes on my part, changing something and not realizing May's foods aggression would be triggered. They do well getting treats together, but I have to watch May closely. She doesn't worry Chester near as much, and really likes him, but I still do not trust her with him for long periods of time without me there. Chester has relaxed some, but he can not see well and often misses cues and overtures he never really learned. Not as socialized as he could be. Odd growing up as he did with 3-4 dogs, lol! I do not envy the minefield where you work. Tread carefully. :#

Roger, great ideas for me on the protein I can incorporate! Thanks! I had forgot about those wraps! It has been awhile since I had them! They do work great. I will check on the Old Tyme bread. I did not fare as well today, but did eat many healthy things along with pimento cheese and crackers, and homemade bread pudding I did not turn down!! :*

The kitty holding his steak was precious! I hope he does not continue to be teased too much , he would be a handful then!! On for more humor! Keep up the good work! I am actually headed to bed. Tiring day, but fun!

Take care all! Wish I could give Jellybean and Marshmellow some kisses! Guess I had better kiss my crew! :D
  • RogerToo
    More Humor today Plus...

Hi
    I walked4000 Steps + 5 pennys from 4 locations during today's walk. The temperature this morning is 71 on the news channel and 71 degrees on the front porch. I ended up the day yesterday with 9600+ steps.

Why the short walk You may be wondering, I was a little depressed as just before I left for my walk the Window AC started giving out a loud shrieking noise as of a dry bearing. I turned it off and went walking, however I did want to get back after it had some time to defrost just in case it was only iced up, however I suspect that even if it is OK right now I need to look for a small physical size unit for where it fits and keep it in mind just in case.

Yesterday I had a sudden hankering for a dish Mom used to make, Start out cooking loose Ground Beef & Onions then add Pork & Beans and stirs until warm, serve. And of course Franks & Beans :)
    I can do either of those using the NS Chicken with beans Dinner by counting the chunk of chicken as a PF and adding the other ingredients and stay pretty much on plan too.
    What created the hankering? My Brother was cooking some 90% from on sale Hamburger with Onions and naturally smell is a huge trigger for that sort of thing :)

Yesterday he brought home the 2.5 dozen eggs that are on sale for $1.99 to hard boil, and some small packages of Top Round London Broil that were on sale all well under $2 :)

Pooping geese prompt police, firefighter response at Disneyland
    http://www.dailynews.com/oddities/20170610/pooping-geese-prompt-police-firefighter-response-at-disneyland
    ANAHEIM >> Seventeen people had a crappy day at the Happiest Place on Earth.

They enjoyed the Disneyland just fine. But they were hit by a mass of droppings from a flock of geese.

It was dramatic enough to bring police and firefighters to the Magic Kingdom.

The Anaheim Police Department says they answered a call that guests had been hit with fecal matter, but determined it was from a flock of geese that flew over and no crime occurred. Eleven adults and six kids were hit, but none were hurt.
    Police say all guests are now healthy and happy.

Not thr first one to explode in NJ.
    House Explodes in Fiery Blast in Piscataway; 1 Hurt: Officials
    Gas was suspected as the cause of the explosion
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/House-Explodes-in-Piscataway-Hopkinson-Avenue--427764393.html
    A house exploded early Sunday in Piscataway and the homeowner was burned, but survived the fiery blast, witnesses said.

The house on Hopkinson Avenue was completely leveled. The burned-out shell of a car could be seen amid the smoldering remains.

Mayor Brian Wahler said gas appears to be the cause, citing "the size of the explosion - the house was blown off its foundation. And there's literally nothing left of the house."

The homeowner, who is a municipal worker for a nearby town, was blown outside of the house by the force of the blast, officials said.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    My dogs are doing great at accepting the little ones. On the 14th, I'm adding another dog for 2 weeks (that will make 8 canines). A former foster...folks need to go out of state for funeral. Aunt Val's is much more fun than a boarding place. It's nothing compared to my past, but I walked 1/2 mile without pain!

Hi Val
    The Puppies look like they are having a good time.

Anytime You can go and be pain free it is a win :)
    HR wants to do something unethical and possibly illegal. But I won't. So, thus my precarious challenge.

I would have thought that in these litigious times HR would be super cautious, Hmm...

Good Luck dealing with the problem
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Those puppies are just the cutest, Val! I love their noses! You must be a very great leader. My males did not get along after a while. May and Chester have gotten into it several times, mostly mistakes on my part, changing something and not realizing May's foods aggression would be triggered. They do well getting treats together, but I have to watch May closely. She doesn't worry Chester near as much, and really likes him, but I still do not trust her with him for long periods of time without me there. Chester has relaxed some, but he can not see well and often misses cues and overtures he never really learned. Not as socialized as he could be. Odd growing up as he did with 3-4 dogs, lol! I do not envy the minefield where you work. Tread carefully. :#

Roger, great ideas for me on the protein I can incorporate! Thanks! I had forgot about those wraps! It has been awhile since I had them! They do work great. I will check on the Old Tyme bread. I did not fare as well today, but did eat many healthy things along with pimento cheese and crackers, and homemade bread pudding I did not turn down!! :*

The kitty holding his steak was precious! I hope he does not continue to be teased too much , he would be a handful then!! On for more humor! Keep up the good work! I am actually headed to bed. Tiring day, but fun!

Take care all! Wish I could give Jellybean and Marshmellow some kisses! Guess I had better kiss my crew! :D
    Hi Jan
    We are lucky to have two brands of bread that are 40 calorie a slice as well as Weight Watchers bread... I like the one I posted a little better as the slices are a little thicker, OTOH they Both taste fine to me. I wonder how it work in a lowered calorie homemade Bread Pudding?

I have been known to make the bread into a Cheese sandwich and Grilled Cheese using the Velveeta cheese in the past. .

Enjoy the humor and I would like a little feedback on the Plus part with the three images I used for it, Two at the start and the third one at the end. The post is a bit long with 9 images total :)

Congratulations on the achievements.
    8 hours ago, burned 134 calories doing 30 minutes of Walking, 2.0 mph, slow pace
    8 hours ago, Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 6/11/2017
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Good morning. Went to PT today. Deep tissue massage hurts! But after feels so good. I actually feel like walking again!!!! But I need to work. Roger-i hope your AC keeps going! Mine (central AC) had died a couple weekends ago, and i knew how to fix! I'd die without it. Ha...imagine me taking eight dogs to a hotel because of AC! The illegal way would make thing much easier for HR. I appreciate that, but no way should we risk being banned from all Federal work. I have a call into the top dog in HR to discuss. Jan-I've always been able to make as many as ten male dogs get slong. Never tried more than ten. I have had issues when i have two females (not all females, just certain ones). My current girl, Lucy, doesn't like other females. So far she's fine with baby Marshmallow, but we shall see. Re my hip...It is so good to have hope!
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

I am glad PT is helping your hip. I admire your doing the deep massage, Val. I had it one time, and decided no way was the pain worth the afterglow! But then I was also not hurting like you! Great job! That is amazing with your dogs! I hope your HR issues get resolved safely and soon. Straightening it out well will certainly go a long way at work, I would think! :)

Roger, the story about the geese is really something! Imagine trying to sort that out! The house explosion is just frightening. You did a great job with your walking once again, and you got rich! Well, maybe you gained cents, lol! (sense)! :D That does sound ominous about the A/C! It is in the 90's here, and the dewpoints in the high 70's. I am like Val, I would die without it! So would Chester! I doubt I could fix mine; I give you a standing ovation, Val!!

I think the lower calorie bread pudding would be good, Roger. Certainly worth trying. I was thinking of making a grilled cheese with some of the pimento cheese, but I never made it that far- Or I should say the cheese didn't!

Headed for humor and will give you some feedback! We all sure love those pages!

Take care all! Stop to smell the roses!! ..Jan B)
  • Buttons61
    I liked the layout for the dirigible! It was like "the rest of the story!!" <3
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Good morning. Went to PT today. Deep tissue massage hurts! But after feels so good. I actually feel like walking again!!!! But I need to work. Roger-i hope your AC keeps going! Mine (central AC) had died a couple weekends ago, and i knew how to fix! I'd die without it. Ha...imagine me taking eight dogs to a hotel because of AC! The illegal way would make thing much easier for HR. I appreciate that, but no way should we risk being banned from all Federal work. I have a call into the top dog in HR to discuss. Jan-I've always been able to make as many as ten male dogs get slong. Never tried more than ten. I have had issues when i have two females (not all females, just certain ones). My current girl, Lucy, doesn't like other females. So far she's fine with baby Marshmallow, but we shall see. Re my hip...It is so good to have hope!

Hi Val
    That is really good news, That You are feeling like walking again.

So far so good with the AC. I left it off for a while and right now it is running and cooling off the room. Knock Wood, Well wood paneling actually :)
    I plan to only run it as really needed for now until I locate a replacement :)
    However I suspect it is on borrowed time. The problem is (will be) finding one that can fit the low opening height. As an example the ShopRite has a cheap one on sale for $108 that is 11.8" high and it is to high to fit :(

I need to see if I Padded the window opening with wood the last time I changed it if so maybe it will work.
    OK, I looked at the old window that I pulled out to make room and it appears to be 11 inches high which might be somewhat easier to find. Wish Me Luck

Good Luck with HR
    Roger