Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    I received my company's Integrity award. Feeling very proud. I've been on a committee...and I've been the only one voicing a concern. My entire management chain turned over...so once that settled down I went to my boss' boss and presented my concerns...and he's totally backing me and asked me to lead the next subcommittee to define the fixes that I believe are needed.

Hi Joanne
    WOW ! A9Sgyr.gif
    Way to go.

Good Luck with the Subcommittee
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    More Humor today, I liked the Christmas one enough to use despite the time of year, It could apply to any major city FWIW

Hi
    I walked 8657 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 59 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch. There was a little drizzle when I headed out the door and everything was wet from the overnight rain. I Now carry a emergency disposable Poncho in a buttoned pocket, Just in case :)

I bought a 10 pack of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB9K9KG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Emergency Disposable Rain Ponchos in the clear type.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good Morning!

Well, I seem to have no connection to the buttons this morning on the bottom of the comments. Just assume I marked your comments as awesome! :D

No wonder people give up on weight, though I am not planning to. I have struggled losing, but so slowly it is coming off! The Dr was thrilled I lost 6 lbs according to his scale. I am happy he was happy. But honestly for a 3 month period I should have lost about 24 lbs. It is hard to believe so much struggle was so much an underachievement. Really this is just an observation and reflection, as slow or not, I am not giving up. Not by a long shot. :o

I am just miserable. I have some steroids and cream for the poison ivy, which should help my throat. I am not sure I have not inhaled it, or if I have a strep or tonsil problems, too. Either way, the meds help. Timely Dr visit!

It has rained an inch, too. It is a nice cool wet day, gloomy but nice. I am having an Eeyore day, so it fits. I have to get dog food for Chester, so may need to get out. Nice job walking in the weather, Roger! Good steps!! Hope your sleep gets resolved. I swear by my melatonin.

Val, that is one way to get what you need fixed! Being in charge of fixing! Nice!!!
    Keep up the good work all!!! Headed for humor!!! :D ..Jan
  • Buttons61
    edited May 2017
    P.S.- the light miracle whip is good too! Not a fan of light mayo, though!! :)
    Now the buttons are working, lol!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Just got the results from my back MRI...i do NOT need back surgery. Going to do PT to strengthen core muscles to protect spine (old with minor bulging). Also going to see new hip ortho doc.
  • RogerToo

More Humor today too

Hi
    I walked 7200 Steps + 1 Cent during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 63 on the news channel and 60 degrees on the front porch. I went lighter in my clothes while walking too. They are forecasting a high around 80 and probable rain for Friday :(

Google Reveals the Top Misspelled Word in Every State
    http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/google-reveals-top-misspelled-word-state/story?id=39406176
    The full list: Alabama - Tongue; Alaska - Hawaii; Arizona - Diarrhea; Arkansas - Leprechaun; California - Desert; Colorado - Beautiful; Connecticut - Desert; Delaware - Neighbor; Florida - Tomorrow; Georgia - Appreciate; Hawaii - Boutineer; Idaho - Desert; Illinois - Appreciate; Indiana - Desert; Iowa - Maintenance; Kansas - Schedule; Kentucky - Maintenance; Louisiana - Definitely; Maine - Vacuum; Maryland - Cancelled; Massachusetts - Massachusetts; Michigan - Gray; Minnesota - Broccoli; Mississippi - Sergeant; Missouri - Pneumonia; Montana - Vacuum; Nebraska - Guarantee; Nevada - Cousin; New Hampshire - Diarrhea; New Jersey - February; New Mexico - Neighbor; New York - Beautiful; North Carolina - Pneumonia; North Dakota - Attitude; Ohio - Banana; Oklahoma - Gray; Oregon - Definitely; Pennsylvania - Cancelled; Rhode Island - Cancelled; South Carolina - Convenience; South Dakota - Gray; Tennessee - Courtesy; Texas - Niece; Utah - Leprechaun; Vermont - Possible; Virginia - Cancelled; Washington - Pneumonia; West Virginia - Giraffe; Wisconsin - Vacuum; Wyoming - Ornery

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good Morning!

Well, I seem to have no connection to the buttons this morning on the bottom of the comments. Just assume I marked your comments as awesome! :D

No wonder people give up on weight, though I am not planning to. I have struggled losing, but so slowly it is coming off! The Dr was thrilled I lost 6 lbs according to his scale. I am happy he was happy. But honestly for a 3 month period I should have lost about 24 lbs. It is hard to believe so much struggle was so much an underachievement. Really this is just an observation and reflection, as slow or not, I am not giving up. Not by a long shot. :o

I am just miserable. I have some steroids and cream for the poison ivy, which should help my throat. I am not sure I have not inhaled it, or if I have a strep or tonsil problems, too. Either way, the meds help. Timely Dr visit!

It has rained an inch, too. It is a nice cool wet day, gloomy but nice. I am having an Eeyore day, so it fits. I have to get dog food for Chester, so may need to get out. Nice job walking in the weather, Roger! Good steps!! Hope your sleep gets resolved. I swear by my melatonin.

Val, that is one way to get what you need fixed! Being in charge of fixing! Nice!!!
    Keep up the good work all!!! Headed for humor!!! :D ..Jan

Hi Jan
    That was sort of ironic given Your name here on the forum :)

I would think that is a decent, good loss since You did have a Vacation in that period !

I will be having a problem non the 16th when we meet friends for dinner at harolds. More on that in the near future however.

I have always tried to avoid sleep aids :)
    P.S.- the light miracle whip is good too! Not a fan of light mayo, though!! :)
    Now the buttons are working, lol!

I did not like the Light Mayo much either, however the Miracle Whip used in a Egg Salad with no Sugar Added Sweet Relish is tasty.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Just got the results from my back MRI...i do NOT need back surgery. Going to do PT to strengthen core muscles to protect spine (old with minor bulging). Also going to see new hip ortho doc.

Hi Val
    I guess that s good news?

Good Luck with the new Doctor, This one could not be much worse than the old one as I remember it.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I saw where You hit 300 days in a row of posting, Congratulations.
  • Buttons61
    Morning!

Went to lunch with my daughter at Cracker Barrel. No way did I get a salad! I did not stay on track, especially with my carbs! Today is pizza with the Grandkids! Maybe a little easier to control. Those white carbs sure give me the munchies! Friday it is back on track!!! Not staying for guest lunch, so just need to plan for small group!! I have a chance! :D

The kids (parents. too) are going to Italy for 2 weeks. It is with some faculty from the school he teaches at. The person in charge has been several times, so it should be a great trip. I am envious, though I could not leave the dogs for two weeks! It is the first time overseas for his wife and girls. He is going to eat! LOL! :#

I saw that google map, too! I always have to think when spelling Feb. lol! Most are not too bad. I should live in New Hampshire- I can never spell diarrhea, I hate to say!!

Val, great news on no surgery! Hope the new doc is good!

Roger, the home page charted you walking for like only 7 minutes, in slow mode. I hope that was a mistake? Hope you slept better!!

The humor was priceless yesterday!! <3 ..Take care, Jan ..still T' storms...
  • RogerToo

Yet more Humor today too

Hi
    I walked 5300 Steps Cent during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 62 on the news channel and 55 degrees on the front porch. I went lighter in my clothes while walking too.

I shortened my walk for two reasons, one I slept late, a minor reason and the major reason is planned heavy yard work today too :)

http://www.haroldsfamousdeli.com/
    1173 KING GEORGES POST RD. EDISON, NJ. 08837
    Tel.732-661-9100 _ Fax. 732-661-1605
    I hear that the portions are hard for two people to eat all of them, forget one person. Pricey too.
    I listed this here since I will be meeting friends for dinner there on the 16th.

NEWS
    Blowtorch used in attempted ATM burglary in northeast Houston
    http://abc13.com/news/torch-used-in-attempted-atm-burglary-in-ne-houston/1805172/

NEWS
    Blowtorch used in attempted ATM burglary in northeast Houston
    Friday, March 17, 2017
    HOUSTON (KTRK) --
    An ATM caught fire after someone used a blowtorch in an attempted burglary.

An eyewitness flagged down an officer around 4 a.m. at the Chase Bank on Lockwood near Lyons in northeast Houston.

They told officers that the ATM was burning.

Police said that a person tried to get the cash out of the machine by cutting into it with a torch, but it caught fire and the person took off empty-handed.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Morning!

Went to lunch with my daughter at Cracker Barrel. No way did I get a salad! I did not stay on track, especially with my carbs! Today is pizza with the Grandkids! Maybe a little easier to control. Those white carbs sure give me the munchies! Friday it is back on track!!! Not staying for guest lunch, so just need to plan for small group!! I have a chance! :D

The kids (parents. too) are going to Italy for 2 weeks. It is with some faculty from the school he teaches at. The person in charge has been several times, so it should be a great trip. I am envious, though I could not leave the dogs for two weeks! It is the first time overseas for his wife and girls. He is going to eat! LOL! :#
    Hi Jan
    I hope it was worth it, I tried Cracker Barrel many years ago and was underwhelmed, OTOH it was along a interstate where they got what was most likely 99% if not 100% Tourists and places serving them back in the 70s and 80s did not seem to care. I recall ordering a Turkey Platter at a rest stop on the NY Thruway and when it came I looked at it and said to myself, Sliced Turkey Roll, Instant Potatoes and Canned Gravy, Yuck :( And it tasted like it looked, Not Good !

I have decided that things are much more manageable in terms of cravings if I keep my Carbs level down and avoid sugary foods such as cakes and Pies.

A Friend just came back from Italy and loved the food :)
    I saw that google map, too! I always have to think when spelling Feb. lol! Most are not too bad. I should live in New Hampshire- I can never spell diarrhea, I hate to say!!

Val, great news on no surgery! Hope the new doc is good!

Roger, the home page charted you walking for like only 7 minutes, in slow mode. I hope that was a mistake? Hope you slept better!!

The humor was priceless yesterday!! <3 ..Take care, Jan ..still T' storms...

I am glad You enjoyed the Humor :)

I oopsed it, I meant 1.5 or two hours and it turned out to be Minutes, hence the low number :(

North of NJ in NY state they had a EF1 tornado the other day and hail, I'll take thunderstorms any day over those.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

I caught up on the humor! That was an awesome collection of laughs, so glad you do this column! They were all so funny, it was really hard to have favorites!

I did not hear of the tornado. I think when the N.E. has them they are pretty scary! I have loved this rainy weather to tell you the truth. I love storms, though the lightening down here can be rather fierce!

I went over my calories again yesterday, but had a great time with the kids. Today is back on track! The menu for the Deli you are going to is something else! I sure saw some favorites! I never saw the offerings quite listed like that for eating in. That is kind of hard if you don't want the same thing, or kind of expensive if you just take home your leftovers! I could make a meal on the sides and appetizers alone! Can't wait till I see what you have! There are no good deli's here. And no good deli bread. I am envious!

I forgot to get my dog's meds when I was in Montgomery yesterday. So back I go again today! It was my only day home. Guess not now!!

We had almost another inch of rain, I do not know when, lol! We just have these random sprinkles! :D I had ordered a Japanese Maple tree that turns bright red in autumn. It came By UPS and the box was totally flattened and bent. My poor little tree was busted about 6 inches from the bottom of the trunk, and every branch busted. UPS must have piled every box on top of it and throwing it on to boot. I do get it replaced free, but I have to wonder if the 2nd one will fare any better. They said they usually do not have trouble shipping. :'(

Keep up the good work! I have to get back on track!!! ..Jan.. :#
  • hope4change_val
    Jan- sad for your little tree. Roger -glad you only haf thunderstorms and no tornadoes...i am totally with you on that! I'm still raising the pups. Looking very much like pitbulls. I took yesterday off work...took Em n friendto the museum. Then to our place ...which the girl calls "dog heaven." She had a blast. They have one dog and will be adopting one puppy. I'm still super short on sleep.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor Once Again, This one has a weird traffic signs theme

Hi
    I walked 4100 Steps + 4 Cents during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 57 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I went out in my rain gear while walking. Before I forget to mention it, there is a light rain falling and somewhat of a breeze leading to a raw feel in the air :(

I shortened my walk for this reason, I plan to walk up to the bank later and some yard work today too :)

I expect the phone call around 9AM from NS telling me that my frozen portion has shipped which I already knew from a email yesterday :)
    Tracking shows, 6/03/2017 - Saturday
    6:01 am At local FedEx facility CARTERET, NJ
    1:42 am Departed FedEx location LEWISBERRY, PA
    6/02/2017 - Friday
    11:31 pm Arrived at FedEx location LEWISBERRY, PA
    6:43 pm Picked up BETHLEHEM, PA
    Bethlehem is not very far from here over the border in Pa. which is why it usually comes the day after it ships.

Normally it would show out for delivery so I do not know if it will come today or not. I am ambivalent about it coming today, I want to try the new NS Foods, especially the melts, OTOH I could use a day or two more to free more space in both the Basement Freezer and freezer section of the refrigerator so....

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

I caught up on the humor! That was an awesome collection of laughs, so glad you do this column! They were all so funny, it was really hard to have favorites!

I did not hear of the tornado. I think when the N.E. has them they are pretty scary! I have loved this rainy weather to tell you the truth. I love storms, though the lightening down here can be rather fierce!

I went over my calories again yesterday, but had a great time with the kids. Today is back on track! The menu for the Deli you are going to is something else! I sure saw some favorites! I never saw the offerings quite listed like that for eating in. That is kind of hard if you don't want the same thing, or kind of expensive if you just take home your leftovers! I could make a meal on the sides and appetizers alone! Can't wait till I see what you have! There are no good deli's here. And no good deli bread. I am envious!
    Hi Jan
    I'm happy that You are enjoying the humor posts, some of today's post made me wonder what were they thinking, does no one know how to proof read?

I have no idea, I may just wing it or maybe a Burger, OTOH going to a Deli that is supposed to have great Pastrami and not having any sounds wrong :)
    FWIW I have trouble finding good Italian or French bread too. Not even at the Local Italian Delis is the bread that tasty.
    I forgot to get my dog's meds when I was in Montgomery yesterday. So back I go again today! It was my only day home. Guess not now!!

We had almost another inch of rain, I do not know when, lol! We just have these random sprinkles! :D I had ordered a Japanese Maple tree that turns bright red in autumn. It came By UPS and the box was totally flattened and bent. My poor little tree was busted about 6 inches from the bottom of the trunk, and every branch busted. UPS must have piled every box on top of it and throwing it on to boot. I do get it replaced free, but I have to wonder if the 2nd one will fare any better. They said they usually do not have trouble shipping. :'(

Keep up the good work! I have to get back on track!!! ..Jan.. :#

I hope the replacement comes through in better shape, I tend to believe the shipper simply due to the fact that if that happened frequently they would try a different shipper. It does seem like a waste however. Did You take pictures before opening and after opening just in case they are needed? I do that if the box looks like it took a beating.

Funny thing, sort of anyway. When I got on the scale this morning I thought I was the same weight as yesterday :) Then I went to log it and I was down a 1/4 pound. I am still up from my lowest weight, OTOH that is nicely within the 5 pound range I allow myself so no problem. I do want to be at my lowest weight again before going to Harold's on the 16th. BTW the menu shows this for Harold's so that sort of says how large the sandwiches are IMM.
    TAKE OUT SANDWICHES
    Extra Bread
    Large- 6 extra slices * X Large - 8 extra slices
    Triple Decker Combo - 1/2 Loaf of Bread
    And they do not show anything smaller than large either :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan- sad for your little tree. Roger -glad you only had thunderstorms and no tornadoes...i am totally with you on that! I'm still raising the pups. Looking very much like pitbulls. I took yesterday off work...took Em n friend to the museum. Then to our place ...which the girl calls "dog heaven." She had a blast. They have one dog and will be adopting one puppy. I'm still super short on sleep.

Hi Val
    so sad, the thrill of ordering and the anticipation when the tracking number shows out for delivery than to see that. I have a suspicion that the UPS driver snuck the box into Jans and scampered.

I had a box come through them the was in sad looking shape. There were two on that truck and while one was off delivering other things the box was left on the side porch out of sight despite the address showing deliver inside front porch and the side porch looking unusable due to crumbling steps. We do plan to either fix it ourselves or have it done, Not a rush repair as there is a front door and a back door and that side door is never used anyway.

It sounds like You had a good day

Good Luck getting caught up on sleep
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val, I am so proud of you taking a day off!! I hope you got a little rest, too! The puppies sound so cute, I hope they will get good homes! Is there a ban in place for pit bulls where you are?

I did take pictures of the box, but really the box does not look too bad. I am not sure it is helpful. It is hard to see it was flattened, and the creases do not show too well. I wish I would have taken a picture before I opened it, and the box kind of fluffed back, lol!

Lots of luck trying to decide what to have on the 16th! I would have a $400.00 bill trying to cram in sides, lol!

I hear the new NS spinach cheese pretzel melt seems good. Have you tried that yet? I have yet to get back on track. Well, no wonder I lose so slowly. :/ Good job staying in your five pounds!

We had our first day without rain yesterday. I might need to actually water tomorrow! The humidity has been awful though with all the storm showers for almost 2 wks. Just sticky and buggy! LOL! :s

Take care all! Keep up the steady work!! And rest in between! ..Jan :)
  • hope4change_val
    San Antonio is full of pitbulls. Many apartments have breed restrictions, but none of the cities around here. I hate the way dogs are treated innthis city. Very high euthanasia rate. Especially being hand-raised, these pups are super imprinted on loving people. When i peak into their room...they perk up and run to me with tails wagging! Yes--an awesome feeling! I'm bringing them out with the hig dogs more and more. Tomorrow (Mon), i see the new hip doc. Tues start PT for my back. Wed take the babies to the vet.
  • RogerToo
    edited June 2017
    More Humor today

Sadly more attacks by terrorists in Great Britain, The world is going to D E double hockey sticks :(

Hi
    I walked 7400 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 56 on the news channel and 51 degrees on the front porch.

As I was walking I stopped and treated myself to 2 Scrambled Eggs and Whole Wheat Toast and brought the Home Fries back to the house where My brother will use them either today as part of the meal tomorrow morning for part of his breakfast. I look at what I ate as my two SCs and two PFs that I have for breakfast every day. Following which I loaded (Overloaded?) my backpack with two types of apples 3 Gala & 2 Red for a total of 5, 2 Nectarines, 2 pears, a bag of Clementines, Bananas and baby Carrots.

AI expected the phone call around 9AM from NS telling me that my frozen portion has shipped came in :)

The delivery came around 2:30 and I will be trying the new NS Turkey Pot Pie melt for lunch. The order was short and I have called it in. This morning I have received the confirmation order that the shortage replacement is confirmed. No tracking yet.

I was starting to have a craving for Pizza so the NS frozen order delivery is timely for that, Tonight I will have one of the 7 Chicken Bacon ranch Pizzas I ordered. I also ordered 3 Italian Sausage and Turkey Pizzas and 4 Margherita Pizzas to get me through cravings as well as a couple of two types of the Shelf Stable Pizzas. Solved that craving for now :)

BTW I saw my first Chipmunk of the year yesterday and two Deer down along the Brook a ways away from the house.

I was a bit unhappy yesterday after my brother pointed out where those darned Walking Appetites had eaten some of the leaves off of the Hollyhocks. They are destructive critters and should all go to perdition IMO. Leave my plants alone. In the last two years they have eaten most of the Sunflowers, Leaves off the Apple trees, Hollyhocks, and Lillie's :(

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger