Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Val
    I'm not getting what "kiurs/day" is, sorry for being dense.

Hours/day. Sorry about that. I'll try to proofread.

Hi Val
    Don't feel bad I am a poor typist and do silly things in posts that I usually catch, not alwasy though.
    Em graduated 8th grade. She's taking Geometry over the summer plus has three books to read plus reports, and AP Geography work over the summer. I'm still on another killer proposal (due Wednesday) do the end is in sight. I'm so wiped out. The puppies are so sweet and adorable...getting big. A lady is coming on Sunday to see them...interested in Licorice. Still to early to separate them. I've seriously bonded with these little darlings.

Your daughter has some educational drive to learn. I wish more students did too.

Enjoy what there is of You Holiday
    Good Luck letting go of the Puppies
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Four weeks old❤️❤️❤️
  • hope4change_val
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited May 2017
    Morning,

Oh puppy pictures!! So cute!! And Val, your daughter is just beautiful, and so smart! Loved her picture and drive, also! There is a basset hound in rescue at the moment. Good thing he is a he, or I would not resist and I would have three dogs!!

Cut about 20 ill placed saplings and one 15 feet cedar today. I dragged and dragged and used up lots of calories. Hope I can walk tomorrow! Our burn pile is kind of awesome. All underbrush, though we hated cutting the cypress. It was about to take out power lines, and the way it came up, I could not transplant it. It was in another tree's root system. So it had 15-20 good years and I apologised. Bummer...

Have a good couple days all! Remembering our fallen, too. :'( ..Jan ..
  • Buttons61
    Roger, I want a Napolean, lol! You lucky dog, lol! :D
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor today, Some of which are really funny IMO and some that make You wonder, Does no one know how to proof read :)

Hi
    I walked 3000 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 59 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as we will be doing more work in the garden later today.

Currently the Sky is clear and the Sun is shining, however clouds are forecast to move in and Rain Monday morning and then again in the Evening. Hopefully the rain will be gone by Parade time Monday.

If I the Napolean looked better than it tasted :( And I ate it anyway since I spent money for it. I'm sure My Brother & I are not the only ones that do that however.

According to the News broadcast the other day he had to pass a defensive driving course to get the use of a city car. Which was damaged again :)
    From here in the county Seat of my county: http://newbrunswicktoday.com/article/breaking-driving-record-fire-director-marred-19-accidents-and-18-license-suspensions

Driving Record of Fire Director Marred by 19 Accidents and 18 License Suspensions

NBC New York: Robert Rawls Involved in 19 Accidents, Most of Them Since 2002
    Article | May 9, 2014 - 9:21pm | By Charlie Kratovil
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ—On April 30, 2004, Robert Rawls allegedly injured two Rutgers University employees who were crossing in a crosswalk at the intersection of George and Liberty Streets.

One woman leaped out of the way and averted injury. Another had her pelvis broken in three places, while a third person sufferred full body contusions, according to a source.

That accident happened just over ten years before Rawls struck three children in a crosswalk located just twelve blocks away on Tuesday afternoon.

Over those ten years, Rawls was involved in another thirteen car accidents, not including the tragedy on Tuesday.

Now, Rawls finds himself and his driving record under increased scrutiny after two days of massive protests in response to the accident.

NBC New York's Brian Thompson reported earlier this evening that Rawls has been in nineteen accidents in 38 years of driving, according to the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.

More details in the article linked :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Morning,

Oh puppy pictures!! So cute!! And Val, your daughter is just beautiful, and so smart! Loved her picture and drive, also! There is a basset hound in rescue at the moment. Good thing he is a he, or I would not resist and I would have three dogs!!

Cut about 20 ill placed saplings and one 15 feet cedar today. I dragged and dragged and used up lots of calories. Hope I can walk tomorrow! Our burn pile is kind of awesome. All underbrush, though we hated cutting the cypress. It was about to take out power lines, and the way it came up, I could not transplant it. It was in another tree's root system. So it had 15-20 good years and I apologised. Bummer...

Have a good couple days all! Remembering our fallen, too. :'( ..Jan ..

Hi Jan
    Wow, I just realized I had set up and to reply here and got distracted and never got back to it :(
    You must have been busy :)
    Roger, I want a Napolean, lol! You lucky dog, lol! :D

I'll know better when I get on the scale Memorial day

Have a Nice Holiday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    The dogs still remind me of Pit Bulls ?

Nice Pictures too.
    You can see what happened to me in my reply to Jan above :(

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

Sorry the Napoleon was not worthy of the calories!. Always a bummer when that happens. Well, small group hit tonite and I brought chips and cheesecake. Guess who had a chip 2 for one and who ate the extra bag of chips? That would be the Winn Dixie and me! Remember that commercial a long time ago, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" Well,at least they were good. Not a good diet move. >:)

Tomorrow is another day, thank goodness!

I can't believe that guy got away with all those accidents. He should spend a lot of time in jail, and so should whoever has been looking the other way! Awful!!

Glad you are going to the parade. Take it easy with the day! ..Jan
  • RogerToo
    Hi A Double Post in the Humor, One was just cuteness's that had built up and one with some humor.
    Hi
    I walked 5600 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 58 on the news channel and 57 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk a little short as we will be going to see the parade later today if the weather does not get in the way.

It rained overnight, there is more in the near future according to the local cable news channel weather forecast and a high probability of more this evening :)
    Have a Great Memorial Day
    BNmE46.jpg
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

Sorry the Napoleon was not worthy of the calories!. Always a bummer when that happens. Well, small group hit tonite and I brought chips and cheesecake. Guess who had a chip 2 for one and who ate the extra bag of chips? That would be the Winn Dixie and me! Remember that commercial a long time ago, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing!" Well,at least they were good. Not a good diet move. >:)

Tomorrow is another day, thank goodness!

I can't believe that guy got away with all those accidents. He should spend a lot of time in jail, and so should whoever has been looking the other way! Awful!!

Glad you are going to the parade. Take it easy with the day! ..Jan

Hi Jan
    Hopefully the parade is not postponed, it has started with a light rain again.

The Napoleon was not worth being up a pound higher than that morning :( OTOH the bright side I am still within the 5 pound range I allow myself not to worry too much about from my lowest weight. I do want to get my weight down to that weight by the 26th of June when I have my Physical scheduled :) I have a feeling that the recent sweets will show up in my A1C reading however.

The Chips I totally understand, that is one reason I do not buy them unless I can find a single serving size bag and unfortunately those seem to come in large combo packages.

If I said it happens a lot in the Metropolitan NY area which includes NJ...

Enjoy the Holiday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited May 2017
    Good morning!!

I am 2 lbs up from my chip/ cheesecake fiasco. I have to go to the Dr. on Tuesday for my meds and hopefully get to the base for my refills the same day. Bummer. If I am very lucky, I might lose that 2 lbs and be in my next ten, but no way will I lose 5 and get back to my lowest! On the bright side, at least I am right back on, and no more binges for a couple days that makes no progress. It could be worse, but I was so close! :D These get together's are killing me, lol!

I really want to see a follow-up on that news article with the accident guy! Keep a look out!

Maybe we all can lose a little before the 4th of July, lol! At least I had all those carbs after my blood tests! :)

Keep up your steps, and your good eating habits! .. Jan P.S. I got poison ivy! :/
  • hope4change_val
    Jan- so sorry about the poison ivy! Roger- the babies are most likely pitt or pittmix. They will be harder to place. Pitts can be loving wonderful pets. They are smarter than the average dog and if the owner doesn't work with him/her, and establish rank...the dig will take the lead rank...and that is when dangerous situations happen. When the owner is only a friend, pitts will be the boss.
  • RogerToo
    I did post more humor too

Hi
    I walked 3600 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 55 on the news channel and 56 degrees on the front porch. I cut the walk short as I am very tired today, I did not get much sleep last night, I'm not sure why either :(

Yesterday was a strange day for food. We had left over Corned Beef from the day before, Two kinds of Baked spare ribs with different dry rubs, Home made Potato Salad, and Home Made Macaroni Salad, the Macaroni Salad using Bow Tie Pasta and Pesto rather than Mayo.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!!

I am 2 lbs up from my chip/ cheesecake fiasco. I have to go to the Dr. on Tuesday for my meds and hopefully get to the base for my refills the same day. Bummer. If I am very lucky, I might lose that 2 lbs and be in my next ten, but no way will I lose 5 and get back to my lowest! On the bright side, at least I am right back on, and no more binges for a couple days that makes no progress. It could be worse, but I was so close! :D These get together's are killing me, lol!

I really want to see a follow-up on that news article with the accident guy! Keep a look out!

Maybe we all can lose a little before the 4th of July, lol! At least I had all those carbs after my blood tests! :)

Keep up your steps, and your good eating habits! .. Jan P.S. I got poison ivy! :/

Hi Jan
    In my case a 2 pound rise in weight from one event like that would be mostly water weight, from the Carbs and Sugar in the frosting :) It should go away fairly fast.

I'm sorry to hear that You got poison Ivy, From the back Yard? We had it however when we paid to get all the English Ivy eradicated that was taken care of too. Better them than us.

Congratulations on getting back to it
    7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 5/29/2017 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jan- so sorry about the poison ivy! Roger- the babies are most likely pitt or pittmix. They will be harder to place. Pitts can be loving wonderful pets. They are smarter than the average dog and if the owner doesn't work with him/her, and establish rank...the dig will take the lead rank...and that is when dangerous situations happen. When the owner is only a friend, pitts will be the boss.

Hi Jan
    I had a feeling they were. Interesting insight into how to handle a Pitt Bull.

Bosses can not be friends, Experience taught me that.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Running today! I need to go to the DR. I did lose a lb. so I will show some loss, but am a lb short of my new territory. Well, next time I should show a good loss! I go every three months. Then to the base to get my meds, probably with half the population due to the holiday! Then for Chester's meds, in the whole opposite direction! Thinking it is not a house or garden day, lol!

Yesterday I was beat! It was blessedly quiet and uneventful! I even went to bed early, a miracle!
    Roger ,did you get your parade or were you rained out? I guess S.C. had tornados where my stepmom is. I did not hear, which is funny as I usually do. I must have skipped news and weather that day.

I am enjoying our rain. Less watering!

Val, the puppies are so adorable! I love the little white one. I think I would be too lazy to be a good discipline for pittys. Getting too old and enjoy my routines. Same way with Huskies. They are a handful. My Daisy was part Akita, and was strong willed enough!! :D I hope you will find the right owners. We have some pitt lovers this way, so rescue is slower, but not near as bad as some places, and of course less bans on them.

Roger, I hope you sleep better! I do have a taste for macaroni salad. I might need to fix a small amount! Sometimes I sleep less working in the yard. Overtired, maybe?

Keep up the good work! I am trying to keep to that rule of no goodies if I am up by a few pounds. I do pretty well on my own. It is the social get togethers killing me at the moment.
    Take care all...Val get some rest, lol! :# ..Jan .PS-Great humor!! :D
  • hope4change_val
    I received my company's Integrity award. Feeling very proud. I've been on a committee...and I've been the only one voicing a concern. My entire management chain turned over...so once that settled down I went to my boss' boss and presented my concerns...and he's totally backing me and asked me to lead the next subcommittee to define the fixes that I believe are needed.
  • RogerToo
    edited May 2017
    I posted more Humor, I liked the Christmas one, FWIW it could also apply to most if not all big cities

Hi
    I walked 8657 Steps during the morning walk. The temperature this morning is 59 on the news channel and 59 degrees on the front porch. There was a little drizzle when I headed out the door and everything was wet from the overnight rain. I Now carry a emergency disposable Poncho in a buttoned pocket, Just in case :)

I bought a 10 pack of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB9K9KG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Emergency Disposable Rain Ponchos in the clear type.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Running today! I need to go to the DR. I did lose a lb. so I will show some loss, but am a lb short of my new territory. Well, next time I should show a good loss! I go every three months. Then to the base to get my meds, probably with half the population due to the holiday! Then for Chester's meds, in the whole opposite direction! Thinking it is not a house or garden day, lol!

Yesterday I was beat! It was blessedly quiet and uneventful! I even went to bed early, a miracle!
    Roger ,did you get your parade or were you rained out? I guess S.C. had tornados where my stepmom is. I did not hear, which is funny as I usually do. I must have skipped news and weather that day.
    Hi Jan
    I suspect we missed it, We expected it to be rained out and from the missing barrels used to block off the streets it probably went, rain or shine :(

We had a bumper crop of mail due to the holiday also. Mine was what I think of a complete Junk Mail, or to put it another way it had a credit card Bill in it.
    I am enjoying our rain. Less watering!

Val, the puppies are so adorable! I love the little white one. I think I would be too lazy to be a good discipline for pittys. Getting too old and enjoy my routines. Same way with Huskies. They are a handful. My Daisy was part Akita, and was strong willed enough!! :D I hope you will find the right owners. We have some pitt lovers this way, so rescue is slower, but not near as bad as some places, and of course less bans on them.

Roger, I hope you sleep better! I do have a taste for macaroni salad. I might need to fix a small amount! Sometimes I sleep less working in the yard. Overtired, maybe?

Keep up the good work! I am trying to keep to that rule of no goodies if I am up by a few pounds. I do pretty well on my own. It is the social get togethers killing me at the moment.
    Take care all...Val get some rest, lol! :# ..Jan .PS-Great humor!! :D

My Brother used Hellman's Mayonnaise on the Macaroni Salad and it was pretty tasty, I did only eat two small spoonfuls each day however.
    FWIW There are lower calorie Macaroni's on the Market.

The last macaroni my brother bought are by Ronzoni and called Smart Taste and claim 2.5x the fiber of regular. 1/2 cup (56g) is 180 calories and I know there are lower calorie ones out there that he has also bought at the Grocery Store. They could help :) Also Possibly Miracle Whip which is 60 calories vs 90 for the Hellman's mayo. I have been using it instead for a while now and it tastes OK to me :)

As for the sleep, I had changed my routine and that is not working out, I will now have to decide go back to the old one or try something different, I have not decided yet.

I have to do a final check of my NS order as it closes tonight at 6PM according to their email that said Processing On: 06/01/2017

Make Any Changes By: 6pm EST on 05/31/2017

Have a Nice Day
    Roger