Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Glad the first part of your walk went well. The mornings and evenings here are awful with the humidity and warmth just staggering. The heat of the day is actually nicer as it burns off some of the humidity! The mosquitoes are bad enough to carry off small dogs and rather numerous. The flies are so bad too I ordered my fly paper stick ups for my two doors for the inside. Gross, but necessary. They come in a day or so,but not soon enough. I need to remember to order them in June! Sounds peaceful seeing the deer. I did take may May for a game of catch so she is entirely pooped out and we are all blessedly peaceful!
    Hi Jan
    Are You talking about the Fly Ribbons that come in a round tube that You hang and pull the tube down to expose the curly sticky tape or something else. I have some of those from last year and agree they can get a bit disgusting looking. OTOH so much better than having those dirty disgusting things land on me or my food.

The Deer are more or less fearless if cautious due to no hunting in this area. That also means they tend to get out of control for numbers. They look neat when they run :wink:

It sounds like May is doing good.
    I did not get to my 7 am small group. I forgot to take my melatonin last nite, and took my meds later than I wanted. I was up till after 3 am, so no way I was getting up at 6:30. :s I did get up at 8 am to get to my Dr appt. even though I had only about 4 hours of sleep. So I took a nap this afternoon while trying to watch a movie. Now if I can sleep tonite! I need to be in bed a little earlier! LOL!

I am taking my car in the morning to have my repair work done. I should get it back on Friday. My daughter invited me to breakfast at Shoney's after we drop it off. For her diet she will do well as she plans egg, bacon, sausage and cheese and no carbs from the buffet. The biscuits and the french toast on the buffet will do me in as I am of the little will power persuasion. I can skip the eggs and pancakes though, no temptation. The fried potatoes always look better than they taste. I will keep that in mind. I did well today though. And I will do well on Thursday being house bound with my healthier foods! :#
    I forgot my Melatonin too, I had a restless night probably as a result. I may take a nap today, after taking the Melatonin naturally.

My brother wakes up in the middle of the night, puts on a TV show and often doesn't recall watching much of it.

When I was traveling around the South on vacation Shoney's was my go to breakfast eatery. I kept their directory of locations handy in the car. The Problem is I love the Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Pancakes, Biscuits and French Toast. One reason I always came home heavier than when I left :(

I have been known to take a Sausage Patty, put egg on cheese on it and eat it that way.

Good Luck with that great food available.
    I kept wondering how some of these these young people pay their phone bills that run 100 dollars or much more a month. I get it now, the parents are paying it...Broke up Ma Bell to cater to corporate greed. I remember paying 10 to 15 dollars a month or less even with long distance...

Sounds like you are paying our gas prices we had at the beginning of summer. We hover around three/gallon more or less.

Have a great day! How is your garden doing? Jan
    I am amazed how much money people are willing to pay for phone service. The Consumer Cellular plan I'm on is under $18 a month with the AARP discount and the Other one is from my Brothers Family plan and costs a whopping $10 a month.
    The Consumer Cellular is 1/2 the price of the Verizon Land Line it replaces, and that was a no frills plan with no long distance. If I had but known I would have switched much sooner instead of paying that greedy Verizon.

It would seem that too many people are willing to pay those prices, Why I do not know.

Everybody knows that the First National Bank of Mom & Pop has deep pockets :wink:

Garden is OK, My Brother is getting Zucchini off of the plants he planted seeds for. The Tomatoes are loaded, Just waiting for them to turn red :smiley:
    He has used basil from the garden already and This week I have been enjoying fresh tasty Raspberries from the garden.
    Hi! Val!

Glad it is going good and glad I do not have Cal. gas prices! Oh those raging teen years!! Would not want to relive them! For either my kids or myself! :#

Stay safe and have a great, great time!! You have sure earned it!! <3 ...Jan
    About the only thing I can say is Ouch. I need to fuel the car this week, Second time this year already. You can see I do not drive far :blush:

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Happy Thursday!

Well, I enjoyed the heck out of Shoney's! So no, watching the carbs did not go well lol. I dropped off my car in Prattville, and we headed to Shoney's. To our surprise it had closed up it's door for good. So we headed to Wetumpka, the next little town over, about 15 minutes away. Their Shoney's is very nice, and sweet sweet people and their buffet much better. Same foods, just cooked and stocked better. I had a sausage biscuit, a bit of biscuit with country gravy, bacon, french toast, dirty rice with sausage and a small amount of fried potatoes. I will be making it up for 3 days. The best part is I will not be hungry again today. The worst was the calories and numbers! Oh my!! But so good. I have not had that in about 5 years or so. Good thing! :*

The strips I bought for the flies are clear 2x3"s flat strips more or less. I agree, gross little flies really bothering me and May May. They should be here from Amazon today. Yay!!!

Your garden sounds great! Lots of work, I know! I can not believe you all were at 90 degrees so late at night! We are actually in the mid seventies at nite this week. How crazy!!

Great savings on your phone. I still love my landline. Especially as I get no tower coverage where I am..

I was really excited all those Thai kids and their coach made it out of that cave. That was such a miracle. So sorry for the diver they lost. :'(

Life remains stranger than fiction.... ...Jan B)

• RogerToo
    Once again humor was just posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and I was only semi comfortable. :(
    I went back out yesterday to the DMV AKA MVC to renew my cars registration and Found one cent in their parking lot, I also was lucky enough to get the last spot in the shade and the process was 15 minutes in duration. Then I was able to park in the shade at the ShopRite, That made the car much more comfortable when I came back to it.

https://www.wral.com/dying-organs-restored-to-life-in-novel-experiments/17685654/
    Dying Organs Restored to Life in Novel Experiments

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6743568/germany-soldiers-broomsticks-nato-donald-trump-angela-merkel-defence-spending/
    LAUGHING STOCK Germany’s soldiers forced to use BROOMSTICK for a gun as Donald Trump blasts Angela Merkel over NATO spending

https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-news/breaking-customer-shot-northwest-atlanta-waffle-house/4wSPV6QEP36EYgZVKLeuFL/
    Man in ‘angry clown mask’ robs Atlanta Waffle House, shoots customer

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article214618710.html
    'Hail Satan' carved into South Carolina Baptist church porch

Woo Hoo
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/10/australia/australia-mosquito-disease-experiment-intl/index.html
    Australian experiment wipes out over 80% of disease-carrying mosquitoes
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/retail/2018/07/10/shopping-struggles-11-retailers-may-not-survive-2018/36720811/
    Shopping struggles: These 11 retailers may not survive 2018

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/americans-quitting-their-jobs-at-fastest-rate-since-2001-and-thats-a-good-thing-2018-07-10
    Americans quitting their jobs at fastest rate since 2001 — and that’s a good thing

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/10/costco-polish-dogs-outcry/
    Costco’s Decision To Remove Polish Dogs From Menu Sparks Outcry

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/drunk/vero-beach-jim-beam-285073
    A Distinction Without A Difference
    Driver told cops he only drank bourbon at stop signs, signals

http://thesmokinggun.com/buster/ae/live-pd-superfan-popped-294035
    Man Tells Cop He "Really Enjoyed" Resisting Arrest Because It Was Like Being On A TV Show

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/29/texas-rebounds-to-become-americas-top-state-for-business-in-2018.html
    Texas is CNBC's Top State for Business in America this year

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/06/free-disneyland-tickets-nope/

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/after-years-man-charged-with-pulling-gun-over-sprint-phone-upgrade-denial/423IzlTVavdV4naIG7xmoL/
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/pursuits/2018/07/09/it-s-not-your-imagination-airline-restrooms-are-getting-smaller

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5936339/Residents-Stockton-set-500-month-no-strings-attached-bid-boost-economy.html

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Val
    Happy Thursday!

Well, I enjoyed the heck out of Shoney's! So no, watching the carbs did not go well lol. I dropped off my car in Prattville, and we headed to Shoney's. To our surprise it had closed up it's door for good. So we headed to Wetumpka, the next little town over, about 15 minutes away. Their Shoney's is very nice, and sweet sweet people and their buffet much better. Same foods, just cooked and stocked better. I had a sausage biscuit, a bit of biscuit with country gravy, bacon, french toast, dirty rice with sausage and a small amount of fried potatoes. I will be making it up for 3 days. The best part is I will not be hungry again today. The worst was the calories and numbers! Oh my!! But so good. I have not had that in about 5 years or so. Good thing! :*
    Hi Jan
    Biscuit with gravy :wink:
    I am lucky in some ways that there are no Shoney's nearby so I can avoid that temptation :smiley:

Dirty Rice, I do not recall that, I do recall that they had Grits. Do You eat (like) grits, They seem to be Southern Staple.
    The strips I bought for the flies are clear 2x3"s flat strips more or less. I agree, gross little flies really bothering me and May May. They should be here from Amazon today. Yay!!!

Your garden sounds great! Lots of work, I know! I can not believe you all were at 90 degrees so late at night! We are actually in the mid seventies at nite this week. How crazy!!

Great savings on your phone. I still love my landline. Especially as I get no tower coverage where I am..

I was really excited all those Thai kids and their coach made it out of that cave. That was such a miracle. So sorry for the diver they lost. :'(

Life remains stranger than fiction.... ...Jan B)
    Just curious is Your landline expensive ? Verizon was greedy as I see it. $36 + for basic landline service.

They were lucky with the kids and coach, I saw that there was a water pump failure right after the final rescue.

You said "Life remains stranger than fiction...." The links I post are proof of that :smiley:

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2018
    Good Morning!

My 3 days of peace and quiet has not existed. I spent a good bit of time on the phone Weds. returning friend's calls. Today I am playing catch up with piles of clutter from just a few days that I was not able to get to. My car people said my car might be ready today, though I can still clean today, just thru the interruptions, lol! I can not complain if the auto center is efficient, lol! :)

I just inked in all my Dr appt. everyone has set up for me. In the next 7 weeks, I will have 7 appts. All biggies too. My fault for complaining and putting some off. They range from cardio GXT, echo, bone density, mammogram, colonoscopy, follow-up and something else. Well gee. Guess I need to get out a good book! I hate DR appts! :s

Those are some stories above, esp. about the drunk arrests. Oh my, what can I say! (eye roll!)...I never thought Sears and Pennies would go out of business in my lifetime. We still have a nice Penny Store. But easier to buy on line, I am sorry to say.

I have eaten my share of tomato sandwiches as summer is here! :# They did have grits and cheese could be added at Shoney's. I love both, but did not get them as I had so much else. If they had a small bowl out, I probably might have, but did not want it all over my french toast and biscuits. The dirty rice is a Southern thing, mostly from La. and just low country cooking, and it goes well with fish, as the coast is so close. There are many recipes. Theirs had sausage crumbled in the rice as well as a fine chop of onion and green and red peppers. Sweet, not hot. Some spice to make it Southern, but not spicy as such. Yummy!

I could live with no mosquitoes! I wonder if it might harm other small things though, like lightening bugs, bee's, ect. I would think not if specie specific but you never know...

My land line is expensive because it is bundled with only my computer, and not with cable. It is a no win. Only one cable company offered or dish in the area.. Costs about the same. If you bundle all three it is 29.99 a service so basically $100.00. But with taxes and their add ons it will run about $120.00 and they will raise the prices about every 9 months. I pay $110.00 now for 2 services, but that includes the extra add ons like taxes. It was @ $90.00 two years ago, but has increased since then. I could get all three things now for what I am paying for two, but in less than a year it will be more like $130.00. Had I kept my cable 2 years or so ago, I would be paying around $140.00 by now. As you can see, the words screwed, confusing and unfair comes to mind. I figure cable and movie theaters will be a thing of the past soon in some places. So really my $29.00ea. for 2 costs me $50.00ea. in reality, lol... But the 29.00ea for three would be about 140 in 9 months....clear as mud!!... :#

Take care!! Thinking of you, Val! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Yesterday whale watching and beach. Saw a blue whale and dolphins.t3epbi1ezrxv.jpeg
    1tpv1pmkuo15.jpeg
    aucvj0g1vm6v.jpeg
    l93wsraq9nqb.jpeg
    xmmee59gatot.jpeg
  • hope4change_val
    Today we went to Warner Brothers Studio Tour. Rudest employees...it was bizarre. Unimpressive. Then took the girls to UCLA and drive through Bel Aire/Beverly Hills, Hollywood... and back to our hotel.coqdr70hyfg2.jpeg
    tn1halslci3r.jpeg
    cwl6kgqk63ol.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    I posted more humor a few minutes ago, Enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 67 degrees and It was comfortable.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/07/10/survey-washington-worst-run-cities/
    Survey: Washington DC, Detroit, New York Among The Worst-Run Cities In U.S.

https://apnews.com/f65ed6b3027046dd8e7068b76d56e778
    Border Protection says NYC mayor crossed border illegally

Have a Great Friday the 13th
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

My 3 days of peace and quiet has not existed. I spent a good bit of time on the phone Weds. returning friend's calls. Today I am playing catch up with piles of clutter from just a few days that I was not able to get to. My car people said my car might be ready today, though I can still clean today, just thru the interruptions, lol! I can not complain if the auto center is efficient, lol! :)

I just inked in all my Dr appt. everyone has set up for me. In the next 7 weeks, I will have 7 appts. All biggies too. My fault for complaining and putting some off. They range from cardio GXT, echo, bone density, mammogram, colonoscopy, follow-up and something else. Well gee. Guess I need to get out a good book! I hate DR appts! :s
    Hi Jan
    Yuck is the kindest thing I can think of to say for all those doctor visits.
    That crud You need to drink for the one test is nasty.
    I do keep a unread book or two on the shelf in case of need.

I am sorry that You need to visit so many doctors, I have always tried to avoid Doctors and Dentists :wink:
    That is how one year back in the 80s I ended up in the hospital with Pneumonia from waiting to long to go to the doctors.
    Those are some stories above, esp. about the drunk arrests. Oh my, what can I say! (eye roll!)...I never thought Sears and Pennies would go out of business in my lifetime. We still have a nice Penny Store. But easier to buy on line, I am sorry to say.

I have eaten my share of tomato sandwiches as summer is here! :# They did have grits and cheese could be added at Shoney's. I love both, but did not get them as I had so much else. If they had a small bowl out, I probably might have, but did not want it all over my french toast and biscuits. The dirty rice is a Southern thing, mostly from La. and just low country cooking, and it goes well with fish, as the coast is so close. There are many recipes. Theirs had sausage crumbled in the rice as well as a fine chop of onion and green and red peppers. Sweet, not hot. Some spice to make it Southern, but not spicy as such. Yummy!
    Tomato Sandwiches is something that my brother makes, I tend to go a different direction, Chunking the Tomatoes and making them into a Tomato Salad with either Italian or Thousand Island salad dressing.

Thanks for the Dirty Rice explanation.

I could live with no mosquitoes! I wonder if it might harm other small things though, like lightening bugs, bee's, ect. I would think not if specie specific but you never know...

If I could wave a magic wand and exterminate Mosquitoes and Roaches for example I would.
    My land line is expensive because it is bundled with only my computer, and not with cable. It is a no win. Only one cable company offered or dish in the area.. Costs about the same. If you bundle all three it is 29.99 a service so basically $100.00. But with taxes and their add ons it will run about $120.00 and they will raise the prices about every 9 months. I pay $110.00 now for 2 services, but that includes the extra add ons like taxes. It was @ $90.00 two years ago, but has increased since then. I could get all three things now for what I am paying for two, but in less than a year it will be more like $130.00. Had I kept my cable 2 years or so ago, I would be paying around $140.00 by now. As you can see, the words screwed, confusing and unfair comes to mind. I figure cable and movie theaters will be a thing of the past soon in some places. So really my $29.00ea. for 2 costs me $50.00ea. in reality, lol... But the 29.00ea for three would be about 140 in 9 months....clear as mud!!... :#

Take care!! Thinking of you, Val! ...Jan
    I wonder if You could get Landline, Internet and cable all from one source ? It seems that I am lucky as we have a choice of Fios and Cable for Landline, Internet and TV. Not to mention DirecTV and Dish Network for TV. Also I see that they are advertising Hughesnet for Internet and Phone, That is satellite delivered too using a two way dish that can send and receive data.
    https://www.hughesnet.com/get-started
    https://www.hughesnet.com/
    Get faster speeds, more data, and built-in Wi-Fi with HughesNet satellite Internet! ... Read about Hughes in the news, check out our blogs, and watch HughesNet ...
    They have been raising prices and speeds for internet to compensate for the drops in TV customers watching things over the internet.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Today we went to Warner Brothers Studio Tour. Rudest employees...it was bizarre. Unimpressive. Then took the girls to UCLA and drive through Bel Aire/Beverly Hills, Hollywood... and back to our hotel.
    Hi Val
    Strange that they were rude, Have You been to Universal studios, I used to enjoy it. Also south of there a little ways is Disneyland and nearby Knotts Berry Farm. Both of those were nice and had pleasant employees.

You have been covering lots of area. I'm sure that the Girls and You enjoyed the Whale watching.
    Your daughter must have enjoyed the harry Potter location.

Enjoy the rest of the Vacation
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Some Truth there
    0oKS51.jpg
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Wonderful pictures, Val! Wish I was there! The boat trip sounds especially fun! Odd the employees were rude at the studio. You would think they would want to be friendly there, lol!
    You all are covering a lot of ground! You are an awesome vacation planner!! :)

Finally caught up on the humor page. there were some really interesting things there and lots of funnies! Liked the bacteria post too, lol... :D

I picked my car up on Thursday as they finished early. They did a wonderful job. They were so efficient and sweet, I can not remember the last time I was so impressed by a company.

Still hot and humid, we are supposed to get rain showers esp. on Sunday and some days next week.

I had a good diet day yesterday and stuck to my plan. Hard though. Hopefully today will be easier!

Thanks for the humor and postings! Stay out of trouble! ...Jan B)
  • hope4change_val
    Em n I went to Universal in FL a couple years ago and it was fabulous. I grew ip with the son of the former Universal President...so we often had free reign at the studios to see closed shows plus the tour and all. Em n I went to universal in CA 8 years ago...changed a lot but was fine. Today was beach and then moved to new hotel in the San Fernando Valley. Here for 2 nights before we go to Santa Barbara Sunday.
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor, I liked the Crocodile pair of images I used

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and It was Semi comfortable when the breeze blew.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/onweb/2018/07/12/nearly-half-of-americans-trying-to-lose-weight-cdc-data-show
    Nearly Half of Americans Battling to Lose Weight: CDC Data

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/scuba-diver-finds-iphone-lost-12898742
    Scuba diver finds iPhone lost at sea for two days - after TEXT lights it up

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/07/11/burglar-escape-room-police/
    Burglar Breaks Into Escape Room, Calls 911 When He Can’t Escape

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/07/12/heat-waves-brains-slower-study/
    Brain Study Finds People Actually Get Dumber During A Heat Wave

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5947839/Man-reportedly-stabbed-multiple-people-Manhattan.html
    New York, New York
    Man is 'stabbed by multiple people' on a busy Manhattan street in broad daylight

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article214748110.html
    New ‘exotic’ tick invades NC, and it’s an ‘aggressive biter.’ How far has it spread?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/first-ever-colour-x-ray-human-005837590.html
    First-ever colour X-ray on a human

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Wonderful pictures, Val! Wish I was there! The boat trip sounds especially fun! Odd the employees were rude at the studio. You would think they would want to be friendly there, lol!
    You all are covering a lot of ground! You are an awesome vacation planner!! :)

Finally caught up on the humor page. there were some really interesting things there and lots of funnies! Liked the bacteria post too, lol... :D

I picked my car up on Thursday as they finished early. They did a wonderful job. They were so efficient and sweet, I can not remember the last time I was so impressed by a company.

Still hot and humid, we are supposed to get rain showers esp. on Sunday and some days next week.

I had a good diet day yesterday and stuck to my plan. Hard though. Hopefully today will be easier!

Thanks for the humor and postings! Stay out of trouble! ...Jan B)
    Hi Jan
    Agreed, You would think that employees would want to protect their job.

I try for humor, more hits than misses I believe.

Some Dealers and garages are good, the trick is finding them. I had a Customer when I was working my last job that worked for a car dealer. He told me to steer clear of any dealers east of where I worked on the highway.

Congratulations, It can be very tough sticking to the diet, I believe that once You break it Your body develops cravings the next day because of that.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Em n I went to Universal in FL a couple years ago and it was fabulous. I grew up with the son of the former Universal President...so we often had free reign at the studios to see closed shows plus the tour and all. Em n I went to universal in CA 8 years ago...changed a lot but was fine. Today was beach and then moved to new hotel in the San Fernando Valley. Here for 2 nights before we go to Santa Barbara Sunday.
    Hi Val
    I have been through both of the Universal studios You mention as well as the two Disneylands, California and Florida as well as many other attractions in the Orlando area.

You are having a lot of fun from the sound of it.

Have a Great Vacation
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Well, my get up and go got up and went as they say. I did nothing worthwhile yesterday. I am a little more energetic today, but I sure am not on the roll I was last week. I have things to do, but it is hard making headway. My chores just come back faster than I keep up with! :D

Love the burglar who had to call 911. Those stories always tickle me! The color x-ray was pretty cool too!

Val, I want to be a kid at your house, lol! :)

Believe it or not, neither my daughter and I have ever been to Disney Land or Universal. Since we spent the growing up years in Europe, and have been working since we came back, we just never fit it in. We must be the only 2 people in the U.S. that have not seen them...

Another hot and humid day here. How did people survive before A/C? Especially in the 1700 and 1800 times. No wonder they died young and sickness was rampant...I love my Air!

Stay motivated all!! :# ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    One girl is going home by plane today. At airport waiting for her to board. On SnapChat she was insulting and making fun of me, and spreading false harmful claims about Em. Em saw that on the third girls phone and broke down in tears and anger. The girl denied it. Em read it allowed. I said it is fine to have your opinion but clearly that sounds like you don’t want to be here. She agreed she wanted to go home. I contacted parents and now were at the airport. Everyone is getting along fine...but this will defuse the whole situation. One of my LA friends is going to Santa Barbara with us, and another is going to Knotts Berry Farm with us. Tired.
  • RogerToo
    I have just posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and 12 cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and It was not comfortable even when the breeze blew. I got lucky less than 5 minutes after I arrived home the skies opened up and the rain poured down.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/here’s-why-you-should-never-wash-chicken-before-cooking-it/ar-AAA2AlW?ocid=spartandhp
    Here’s Why You Should Never Wash Chicken Before Cooking It

https://gulfnews.com/sport/football/worldcup-2018/will-shaheen-get-the-world-cup-winner-right-1.2251100
    Will Shaheen get the World Cup winner right?
    The World Cup predicting camel is backing Croatia to make a massive piece of history for the tiny Balkan nation

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/07/14/wework-bans-meat-employees-expensing-meals-company-events/785409002/
    WeWork bans meat for employees expensing meals, at company events

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/716352/Ryanair-flight-emergency-landing-FR7312-Dublin-Frankfurt-Germany-Zadar-Croatia
    EMERGENCY as plane DROPS 30,000ft in 5 mins - '33 in hospital'

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/12/starbucks-straw-ban-will-see-the-company
    Starbucks Bans Plastic Straws, Winds Up Using More Plastic

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Well, my get up and go got up and went as they say. I did nothing worthwhile yesterday. I am a little more energetic today, but I sure am not on the roll I was last week. I have things to do, but it is hard making headway. My chores just come back faster than I keep up with! :D

Love the burglar who had to call 911. Those stories always tickle me! The color x-ray was pretty cool too!

Val, I want to be a kid at your house, lol! :)

Believe it or not, neither my daughter and I have ever been to Disney Land or Universal. Since we spent the growing up years in Europe, and have been working since we came back, we just never fit it in. We must be the only 2 people in the U.S. that have not seen them...

Another hot and humid day here. How did people survive before A/C? Especially in the 1700 and 1800 times. No wonder they died young and sickness was rampant...I love my Air!

Stay motivated all!! :# ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    At least You had some get up and go, Some days my walking is more from habit than any get up an go :smiley:

Dumb crooks are nothing new, You can't make those sort of stories up.

Wow, Never !
    The main problem with both of those is the length of the lines. When I headed south to Orlando on vacation I always went in early January since that is the off season and prices and crowding are at their lowest level for the year.

I recall no AC growing up, Maybe as a youth I could tolerate The heat and humidity better ?

I saw this:
    Buttons61 7 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/14/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger