Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Knotts Berry Farm hotel plus tickets for four, including early-entrance to park was $300. One-day Disneyland pass exceeds $100/person and a modest LA hotel is more than $200/ night plus parking...so I thought it was a good deal.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi. Day before yesterday was just a long drive from LA to Tucson. Then yesterday a nice drive to White Sands. We didn’t have time for the space museum or the observatory. We went to White Sands National Park in the afternoon and again in the evening for the Sunset Stroll (ranger-led program). It was beautiful! Today...long drive home plus we lose an hour (crossing time zones).
    Hi Val
    That is too bad, I suspect that the space museum would have been very interesting, at least to me it would be.
    The observatory not so much that I would have chosen it over the space museum if I only had time for one FWIW.
    Knotts Berry Farm hotel plus tickets for four, including early-entrance to park was $300. One-day Disneyland pass exceeds $100/person and a modest LA hotel is more than $200/ night plus parking...so I thought it was a good deal.
    I keep seeing news that Disney is raising rates. The last time I looked at their rates in January when I was there on vacation some years ago despite being off season they were charging Tourists more than residents which I thought was wrong. I had a sneaky suspicion that they felt that having traveled a distance to get there that tourists would cough it up anyway. That is some differential in costs between Knotts and Disney :(

I can see why You went for the much better deal at Knotts.

Have a Good Rest once You arrive home.
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!

Oh what a morning!! I may not need carbs, but I think I need an alcoholic beverage. I was woke this morning by a phone call from Jackson Hospital telling me I was not confirmed for insurances for my GXT test in nuclear med on Friday. I gave her my updates from Medicare. They sent my card 3 mos. ago and I never received it. Luckily they did send me info until I receive my new card. Then they showed non eligible for my Tricare. I called DEERS and updated that, though the info was all the same. (like the last 20 some years the same...)! That was a 50 minute wait to be connected and helped. The no. for Tricare was automated. The one I needed gave me a choice that was none I needed, but no other options. All the websites were outdated as they have recently changed. I finally found an on line one that could not really help, but stumbled across a chat live Tricare so gave that a go. It was very strange as she could not find me, then found me, then told me I was in the system though no info that was different changed. I finally called the hospital back, and the original info I had given her worked, strangely, and I am now eligible. Well,no one admitted change, but something must have. So it is a go for my stress test, that I will now really need, them having stressed me out. The entire process took 3 hours from 9 am to a few minutes after noon... :/

I hope my stress test goes much better as I am not taking my BP med due to the test the day before and the morning there of. And they load me with IV chemicals to stress my heart. Hope they know how to do that, lol... :s

We are back to sticky humid. We are supposed to have extreme storms on Sat. I have a conference from 9 am to 4 pm Sat. I would normally leave May May out and not worry as she comes in and out on her own. I am a little worried as she likes to be out when storming sometimes and does not always come in. I worry about lightening. This week seems to be trending difficult all of a sudden. I may just need to leave the conference sooner. On top of all this I have guest lunch on Sunday. Can I say poor planning, even if this all came together a few months in advance, and too, just lately!

Interesting about the diamonds. Since we can not get to them, and I sure won't, I feel somewhat let down by the article, lol.....It will be interesting to see how Chicago works that money program. While I do not see how it is funded exactly, it does make some valid points about how the spending should be by the families. He also has some valid points about pitting people against one another and planning for the future because of it and employment. :o

Val, your beach pictures are wonderful!!!! Hope you are home soon!! <3 ..Jan
  • hope4change_val
    We’re home! I showered!!!! And laundry is in process. All doggos are happy to see us, and were well cared for. Great trip. So glad to be home!
  • RogerToo
    I just posted more humor, any takers on the Knock Knock idea, I'm drawing a blank

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 66 degrees and It was comfortable walking due to the nice temperature and lowered humidity.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/990585/Dmitrii-Donskoi-Russian-warship-South-Korea-gold
    Russian warship carrying £100BILLION worth of GOLD found off South Korea
    A RUSSIAN warship called Dmitrii Donskoi carrying gold worth £100 billion has been discovered off the coast of South Korea and is believed to have sunk in a naval battle 113 years ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/ideal-retirement-age-for-millennials.html
    Millennials want to retire by 61, but most have nothing saved

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/17/health/eat-earlier-lower-cancer-risk-study/index.html
    An earlier dinner may lower risk of some cancers, study says

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-australia-scientists-world-melanoma-blood.html
    Scientists develop 'world first' melanoma blood test

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-scent-coffee-boost-math.html?utm_source=tabs&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=story-tabs
    The scent of coffee appears to boost performance in math
    In addition to the physical boost it delivers, coffee may lessen our risk of heart disease, diabetes and dementia

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-sugar-memory-over-60s-smarter.html?utm_source=tabs&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=story-tabs
    Sugar improves memory in over-60s, helping them work smarter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5967777/Thieves-steal-21-HUMAN-SKULLS-crypt-Kent-church.html
    Thieves steal 21 HUMAN SKULLS from a crypt under a Kent church that holds the remains of people who died in the Battle of Hastings

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/07/17/saharan-dust-extreme-heat/
    Saharan Dust, Extreme Heat Making For Miserable Outdoor Activities
    FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – The Saharan dust that has blanketed most of the DFW Metroplex with a brown haze in the air is expected to stick around for a few more days.
    The Saharan dust traveled more than 5,000 miles from the coast of Africa all the way to Texas.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Oh what a morning!! I may not need carbs, but I think I need an alcoholic beverage. I was woke this morning by a phone call from Jackson Hospital telling me I was not confirmed for insurances for my GXT test in nuclear med on Friday. I gave her my updates from Medicare. They sent my card 3 mos. ago and I never received it. Luckily they did send me info until I receive my new card. Then they showed non eligible for my Tricare. I called DEERS and updated that, though the info was all the same. (like the last 20 some years the same...)! That was a 50 minute wait to be connected and helped. The no. for Tricare was automated. The one I needed gave me a choice that was none I needed, but no other options. All the websites were outdated as they have recently changed. I finally found an on line one that could not really help, but stumbled across a chat live Tricare so gave that a go. It was very strange as she could not find me, then found me, then told me I was in the system though no info that was different changed. I finally called the hospital back, and the original info I had given her worked, strangely, and I am now eligible. Well,no one admitted change, but something must have. So it is a go for my stress test, that I will now really need, them having stressed me out. The entire process took 3 hours from 9 am to a few minutes after noon... :/
    Hi Jan
    Ouch, That has to be stressful indeed.
    I have been known to scream and yell at the automated phone systems response to my input. They make me crazy :(
    I hope my stress test goes much better as I am not taking my BP med due to the test the day before and the morning there of. And they load me with IV chemicals to stress my heart. Hope they know how to do that, lol... :s

We are back to sticky humid. We are supposed to have extreme storms on Sat. I have a conference from 9 am to 4 pm Sat. I would normally leave May May out and not worry as she comes in and out on her own. I am a little worried as she likes to be out when storming sometimes and does not always come in. I worry about lightening. This week seems to be trending difficult all of a sudden. I may just need to leave the conference sooner. On top of all this I have guest lunch on Sunday. Can I say poor planning, even if this all came together a few months in advance, and too, just lately!

Interesting about the diamonds. Since we can not get to them, and I sure won't, I feel somewhat let down by the article, lol.....It will be interesting to see how Chicago works that money program. While I do not see how it is funded exactly, it does make some valid points about how the spending should be by the families. He also has some valid points about pitting people against one another and planning for the future because of it and employment. :o

Val, your beach pictures are wonderful!!!! Hope you are home soon!! <3 ..Jan
    I hope it goes well for You too.

There are scattered thunderstorms in the weather forecast for the next 5 or 6 days as well as the humidity moving back in.

The only way I can see for something like the Chicago experiment to be funded long-term is by the people that are working :(

I saw this, Whee!
    Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 7/19/2018 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We’re home! I showered!!!! And laundry is in process. All doggos are happy to see us, and were well cared for. Great trip. So glad to be home!
    Hi Val
    I suspect a lot of laundry too.

That is good News that the Dogs were well cared for.

Have a Restful Weekend
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    edited July 2018
    I accomplished about 1/2 of today’s to-do list: kowed front, weed wacked front; picked up after fogs in back; took out trash; washed xar be hand; UPS store to return items people left in carr; made eye doc appointments for Em n me; paid bills; grocery shopped; cooked honemade chicken chili; brushed dogs; now going to return the stuff of the girl who flew home.
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning!

Val! Wha'cha doing eating chicken chili? :D

Glad you are home safely, but I do not know how you had the energy to do all that work after vacation! Maybe you will have the week end to relax some? I know your doggies missed you!

That 60 degree weather sounds awfully good! It is back to hot and humid here, but I admit I hang out in the A/C most of the time. I would love to spend a week or two somewhere cooler for the summer and way less humidity, just to remember what it is like!

Interesting articles, especially about the dust. I had not heard that anywhere on the news. also about the coffee, no surprise. not so sure about that sugar as it is the bad for us thing currently! The U.K. always has some strange things going on. Skulls, no thanks!

My GXT test went better than expected. I was huffing and puffing, but completed the three minute test on the reg inclined treadmill, so no chemical push test. Off my meds raised my B/P so it was not too hard getting to my target rate. (cheating? lol). Could hardly catch my breath after 3 minutes so glad that was the limit. The test indeed took 3 hours, but everyone was very nice and efficient. My daughter met me there and we went to lunch at our Chinese restaurant. I had spareribs and sauteed green pea leaves, so actually I did well.

Big storms expected Sat. I am very much wishing I was home and not at this seminar from 9 am till 4 pm. Really want to hear all the speakers from different countries speak about religious persecution of Christianity in their countries. Just not in the bad weather...worrying about May May...

Have a good weekend all! Stay safe! ...Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    I have just posted more humor...

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 66 degrees and It was comfortable walking due to the nice temperature and lowered humidity.

https://www.dailynews.com/2018/07/19/san-franciscos-mayor-seems-reluctant-to-crack-down-on-people-using-the-city-as-an-outdoor-toilet/
    San Francisco’s mayor won’t crack down on people using city as an outdoor toilet

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/nj-considers-taxing-tap-water
    NJ considers taxing tap water
    NEW JERSEY (FOX5NY) - Never short on ideas for things to tax, lawmakers in New Jersey are considering a tax on tap water.
    The proposal is being floated by State Sen. Bob Smith D-Middlesex, who is trying to say it's not actually a tax but a 'user fee'.
    "Once again, the most over-taxed people out of all 50 states in this country, are being asked to dig a little deeper after Phil Murphy just raised their taxes by nearly $2 billion."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/article215095600.html
    Non-citizens legally register to vote in San Francisco school elections

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-transportation/weary-venezuelans-rely-on-dog-cart-transports-as-buses-succumb-to-crisis-idUSKBN1K72BJ
    Weary Venezuelans rely on 'dog cart' transports as buses succumb to crisis
    But these cargo trucks are now nearly as common as passenger buses in Venezuela, where transport union leaders say a fleet that two years ago was estimated at of 280,000 vehicles has been whittled to just 30,000.
    Similar stories abound in the country of 30 million people which is reeling from a fifth straight year of economic contraction and annual inflation estimated at some 46,305 percent in June.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/07/18/anti-straw-movement-based-unverified-statistic-500-million-day/750563002/
    That anti-straw movement? It's all based on one 9-year-old's suspect statistic

https://apnews.com/085354dbee0349ea846cd676f3ef6e89
    Gene tests can provide health clues -- and needless worry

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/boy-or-girl-parents-raising-theybies-let-kids-decide-n891836
    'Boy or girl?' Parents raising 'theybies' let kids decide

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I accomplished about 1/2 of today’s to-do list: mowed front, weed whacked front; picked up after dogs in back; took out trash; washed car be hand; UPS store to return items people left in car; made eye doc appointments for Em n me; paid bills; grocery shopped; cooked homemade chicken chili; brushed dogs; now going to return the stuff of the girl who flew home.
    Hi Val
    WOW
    If that was only half of the to-do list You had a huge list. I'm getting tired just from reading Your list of items done.

What and how did things get left in the car. IMO You must have been on the go from Sunrise to Sunset.

Have a Nice Restful Day Today
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good Morning!

Val! Wha'cha doing eating chicken chili? :D

Glad you are home safely, but I do not know how you had the energy to do all that work after vacation! Maybe you will have the week end to relax some? I know your doggies missed you!

That 60 degree weather sounds awfully good! It is back to hot and humid here, but I admit I hang out in the A/C most of the time. I would love to spend a week or two somewhere cooler for the summer and way less humidity, just to remember what it is like!

Interesting articles, especially about the dust. I had not heard that anywhere on the news. also about the coffee, no surprise. not so sure about that sugar as it is the bad for us thing currently! The U.K. always has some strange things going on. Skulls, no thanks!
    Hi Jan
    I was tired just from reading what was accomplished. I'm with You.
    Hallelujah for AC :smiley: To get up to where their is better weather You should plan Your Vacation for Canada or Maine...

Dust, There is a lot of interesting news out there that does not get covered in the TV & Radio news due to how much time they spend on Trump.

I can sort of believe the Sugar as it is a quick source of energy.
    As for the UK, They are having a lot of knife attacks happening due to the strict gun control laws. Look at the Humor I posted this mornings from the Metropolitan Police.
    My GXT test went better than expected. I was huffing and puffing, but completed the three minute test on the reg inclined treadmill, so no chemical push test. Off my meds raised my B/P so it was not too hard getting to my target rate. (cheating? lol). Could hardly catch my breath after 3 minutes so glad that was the limit. The test indeed took 3 hours, but everyone was very nice and efficient. My daughter met me there and we went to lunch at our Chinese restaurant. I had spareribs and sauteed green pea leaves, so actually I did well.

Big storms expected Sat. I am very much wishing I was home and not at this seminar from 9 am till 4 pm. Really want to hear all the speakers from different countries speak about religious persecution of Christianity in their countries. Just not in the bad weather...worrying about May May...

Have a good weekend all! Stay safe! ...Jan :)
    Since I am not sure what a GXT test is...
    Since You mention exercising for it and Stress test...

I do like the Chinese Spare Ribs, I just wish they were not so tough and stringy around here. Some of the ones from the ShopRite are supper tender and ready to fall off of the bones on a hit or miss basis. I need to test them before I pick them from the Hot Food Bar.

As I see it Christianity is under attack here, especially at places like Universities and other places.

Why are You worrying about May May ? I do not recall You mentioning a problem recently.

I did see this:

Buttons61 15 hours ago
    lost 0.2 lbs since last weighing in! Buttons61's lost 6.2 lbs so far.
    And also this
    Buttons61 15 hours ago
    has logged in for 255 days in a row!

Congratulations
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Hoping May May is okay. Glad i was productive yesterday...today I’m not! I’ve been sleeping most of today. It’s 2:30pm and ive walked only 700 steps, fed the dogs, and have been napping while watching Columbo. I think everything has hit me.
  • hope4change_val
    Roger...I’m trying the intermittent fasting thing...eating between 10:30a and 6:30p. So far, very easy...but we’ll see if I can continue when working. My vacation has clearly shown me that my current work situation makes me ill. Not yet sure how i want to resolve that.
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

Sorry I was not too clear about may May. I was worried she would go out her doggie door into the storms while I was gone to the conference. She loves rain and I have to make sure she is not out in the lightening! It was a non issue. The first storms never came, and the 2nd round was smaller and to our extreme NE Alabama and a few to our south. Worry for nothing due to the hype. But better safe than sorry! Thankful.

The conference was awesome, though there were many tales of hardship and a few deaths. The music was very beautiful from the Christian man from Iran. Interesting story. I did get my cooking done, but was so tired I fell asleep from about 5 pm till about 7:30. So much for early bed but still getting up early, lol...

Interesting stories. I am sorry, but they children is incredibly stupid to me, and I would think harmful...Just IMHO. :s

Val, hope the fast and rest go well!! :) ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    I posted new humor about a minute ago, enjoy

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and It was semi comfortable walking due to a off and on breeze. The Rain forecast for overnight happened and there was a bit of a drizzle on the outbound and after a period of no moisture the drizzle started again around 3 blocks from the house.

The outdoors temperature went up overnight, At bedtime it was 68 degrees on the porch, this morning it was 72 degrees and it also felt more humid, Yuck :(

California gains just 800 jobs in June...
    Seattle's bohemian culture struggles to survive as tech takes over

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-buying-citizenship/
    Where the Super-Rich Go to Buy Their Second Passport

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-jobs-20180720-story.html
    California gains just 800 jobs in June; unemployment remains at record low
    The June numbers represent a pullback from May, when the Golden State added 7,200 jobs. And the gains in May were much smaller than April, when employers boosted payrolls by nearly 26,000

https://www.studyfinds.org/doctors-give-patients-11-seconds-describe-visit/
    Doctors Give Patients 11 Seconds To Explain Reason For Visit Before Interrupting
    That much :(

https://apnews.com/d25f4aeb92e449de9613c80c14ad4657/Colleges-ask-for-a-share-of-future-salary-in-lieu-of-loans
    Colleges ask for a share of future salary in lieu of loans

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-44898115
    Mass gathering of golden retrievers in Highlands

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/05/29/half-mammal-half-reptile-discovered/
    'Half Mammal, Half Reptile Fossil Discovered In Utah

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    Hoping May May is okay. Glad i was productive yesterday...today I’m not! I’ve been sleeping most of today. It’s 2:30pm and ive walked only 700 steps, fed the dogs, and have been napping while watching Columbo. I think everything has hit me.
    Roger...I’m trying the intermittent fasting thing...eating between 10:30a and 6:30p. So far, very easy...but we’ll see if I can continue when working. My vacation has clearly shown me that my current work situation makes me ill. Not yet sure how i want to resolve that.
    Hi Val
    All that activity had to be compensated for.

My Brother like Columbo too.

If Your work is making You ill, and as You mentioned that You had offers elsewhere...

Good Luck with the Intermittent Fasting, It did work for me.
    Roger

P.S. I just saw this
    hope4change_val yesterday
    lost 0.8 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 13 lbs so far.

Congratulations
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

Sorry I was not too clear about may May. I was worried she would go out her doggie door into the storms while I was gone to the conference. She loves rain and I have to make sure she is not out in the lightening! It was a non issue. The first storms never came, and the 2nd round was smaller and to our extreme NE Alabama and a few to our south. Worry for nothing due to the hype. But better safe than sorry! Thankful.

The conference was awesome, though there were many tales of hardship and a few deaths. The music was very beautiful from the Christian man from Iran. Interesting story. I did get my cooking done, but was so tired I fell asleep from about 5 pm till about 7:30. So much for early bed but still getting up early, lol...

Interesting stories. I am sorry, but they children is incredibly stupid to me, and I would think harmful...Just IMHO. :s

Val, hope the fast and rest go well!! :) ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    What sort of dog is May May ? I do not recall. I agree better safe than sorry.

I was tired yesterday and slept for around three hours before Dinner too. OTOH my cooking is pretty quick, Frozen Vegetables and Entree in the Microwave :wink:

I thought that the big push to get rid of straws based on a 9 year old was sad to read.

The movement to make children genderless based on the parents belief is wrong in so many ways. The country is going to pot and I blame the attack on religion for part of that.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Today I’ve been semi-productive. Mowed and weedwacked the backyard. Plus naps and more Columbo.
  • RogerToo
    More Humor was just posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 77 degrees and It was uncomfortable walking due to high humidity. The Rain forecast for overnight happened and there was rain that ended before I left the house. As I was leaving the store after picking up my coffee it started raining, Some very heavy interspersed with light rain.

The temperature never dropped overnight and the humidity is high, The Forecast I saw for for the upcoming 7 days showed showers and Thunderstorms with humidity high for all of them :(

We have a Motion sensitive Trail Cam we put out in the yard when we see signs that it will be needed to ID what is munching on the garden.

https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article215304760.html
    Inspector warned duck boat company of design flaws last year

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/718016/fukushima-nuclear-disaster-california-wine
    Radiation traces from Fukushima nuclear disaster found in Californian wine

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article/20180720/REAL_ESTATE/180729989
    Even the cheapest homes are waiting for buyers
    Units for less than $1 million — within reach of far more people than a Billionaires' Row penthouse — are hurting for buyers
    New York City :)

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/07/20/study-chicago-rat-capital-u-s/
    Chicago Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S., Study Says
    Comparing 311 Rat Complaints in 2017 in Major Cities by Normalized Complaints
    City Number of Complaints Complaints Per 100,000 Residents
    Chicago 50,963 1876.09
    Washington DC 5,036 725.68
    Boston 2,488 363.16
    New York City 19,152 222.11
    Rat complaints in 2017 by cities sorted in descending order according to complaints per 100,000 residents.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/passengers-complain-of-bedbugs-on-flights-out-of-newark
    Passengers complain of bedbugs on flights out of Newark airport
    Yuck

https://pjmedia.com/trending/transgender-ax-attacker-uses-drugs-demon-possession-to-defender-himself-in-court/
    Transgender Ax Attacker Uses Drugs, Demon Possession, to Defend Himself in Court

https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2018/07/20/Troopers-Driver-blamed-temperature-for-speed-reading/4121532095851/?utm_source=sec&utm_campaign=sl&utm_medium=11
    'Troopers: Driver blamed temperature for speed reading

Have a Great Monday
    Roger