Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Yesterday, work announced a reorganization and i was shown in two different groups. I wrote to both bosses asking the plan for the split. Well, now I still work for Larry...and i no longer do proposals (15 years experience). Hmm. I’m currently staying positive and we’ll see what happens.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Good morning!!!

Val, you are really an asset to that company. They seem like they are a pretty confused bunch most of the time. :| I can not believe the people that came to do your ducts. I would be calling the BBB, if not the police on those people. Sounds like you were lucky not to be harmed. Glad you got your money though...My goodness... no words!

Roger, you may be behind with walking but you are faithful to it and persistent! Still chuckling over the Hepa filter, my daughter loves hers. The articles were very interesting. Our weather team uses info from the new GOES; it must be the part that is working! The new graphics are pretty impressive. I hate it is having issues. We do not need to fall any more behind in tech stuff. Poor San Fran, just what it needs- one more issue! I pretty much agree with the do and don't buys of generic and name brands. I still use cheap garbage bags, though I am careful. I refuse to pay the new prices on the good ones. All 6-7 dollars, I can not do it!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    More humor is being posted

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 70 degrees and deceptive. It felt OK for the fist block or so then uncomfortable walking due to high humidity. It was clear out the door and I could see the full moon, by the time I returned home the moon was hidden by the fog that moved in while I was walking.

Yesterday I saw 5 deer eating the grassy play area behind the grade school and this morning 2 more doing likewise.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/26/safe-boxes-stolen-drilled/
    Call Kurtis: Safe Boxes May Not Be Safe After All.
    ORANGEVALE (CBS13) – A woman says her bank let her safe deposit box vanish. And she’s not the only one.
    Susan Nomi says when she went to open her Bank of America safe deposit box of 16 years, the entire box was gone.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/millennials-are-bailing-on-their-high-paying-jobs-to-travel/
    Burned-out millennials are quitting lucrative jobs

https://www.studyfinds.org/best-day-ever-survey-15-perfect-days-year/
    Best. Day. EVER! Survey Finds Average Person Has Only 15 ‘Perfect’ Days A Year

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/07/25/mama-duck-76-babies-brent-cizek-new-york-times/
    Bemidji Photographer Snaps Photo Of Mama Duck With 76 Babies

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/07/26/hot-dog-entrepreneur-wienermobile/
    Oscar Mayer Wienermobile Pays Visit To Young Hot Dog Entrepreneur

https://www.thegazette.com/subject/news/health/coralville-iowa-university-of-iowa-hospitals-and-clinics-diabetes-and-endocrinology-center-artificial-intelligence-diagnosis-20180725
    Artificial intelligence begins diagnosing patients in Eastern Iowa

What a Shame
    https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article215568615.html
    SC 73-year-old hits spate of bad luck. He was robbed and assaulted in the same day

http://www.france24.com/en/20180726-thats-cold-japan-tech-blasts-snoozing-workers-with-ac
    That's cold: Japan tech blasts snoozing workers with AC

Have a Great Saturday, That's my plan
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2018
    Hi. Jan - the tea room tea and food sounded lovely. Roger- Yes—my doggos go out of their way when I’m not feeling well...that compassion is a big reason i love them so. My duct cleaning was a disaster...rude jerk...one guy had pood (yes, BM) in the van and dumped it on my driveway. The leader chastised him in Arabic while hitting him. Minutes after starting work he wanted an additional $600. I said no, just do what you think already clnes with the $525 package i had bought ($100 groupon). Originally they said it was a 3 to 4 hour cleaning. He called me a liar and mocked and mimicked me. I told them to secure my system and fet iff my property. It was horid. Initially they left the poo...but later it was gone. I got my money back but my ducts still need cleaning. Work had another reorganization...i have boxes in two departments...but the new guy who now supervises ehat i think is my primary job says thats a mistake and im in the other group. Nooo! Sign. Hurray for Friday!
    Hi Val
    What a disaster, I feel that You deserve better than that. That does not sound like a company I would want to use or work for. I am curious did You check reviews, BBB etc. with that company. The wanting an extra $600 sounds like classic bait and switch and I suspect it works sometimes :( I think I might post my interaction with BBB and mention the extra money wanted.

I do not think Your place of work knows what the heck they are doing from the sound of it, I wonder if it is partially related to one of the news links I posted this morning, This one.
    https://nypost.com/2018/07/25/millennials-are-bailing-on-their-high-paying-jobs-to-travel/
    Burned-out millennials are quitting lucrative jobs
    Yesterday, work announced a reorganization and i was shown in two different groups. I wrote to both bosses asking the plan for the split. Well, now I still work for Larry...and i no longer do proposals (15 years experience). Hmm. I’m currently staying positive and we’ll see what happens.
    You are sounding optimistic hopefully You are right.

FWIW there was severe flooding in parts of NJ after 5+ inches of rain in three hours. The fog is still getting thicker, the humidity is forecast to drop later today and Sunday is forecast to be better.

While I was out and about yesterday I decided to get a Little Ceasars' pizza, They advertise all over the place. It did not look like the commercial's pizza having less Pepperoni BTW. It was OK while it was hot, cold not good. My brother ate two slices and said it was not good either. Part of that for both of us I suspect was the bready fairly thick crust. That makes it one less temptation for the future. I did salvage the cheese and Pepperoni off of the slices I threw away. Since neither of us likes to waste food the fact that We threw out food tells the tale. Weirdly to me the staff seemed to be one person, I mentioned it and he said it's OK since it doesn't get busy and he does that every day. My brothers comment on it was where's the Cheese, Pepperoni and Red Sauce :wink:

I did see this:
    hope4change_val yesterday
    has logged in for 215 days in a row!

Congratulations
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!!!

Val, you are really an asset to that company. They seem like they are a pretty confused bunch most of the time. :| I can not believe the people that came to do your ducts. I would be calling the BBB, if not the police on those people. Sounds like you were lucky not to be harmed. Glad you got your money though...My goodness... no words!

Roger, you may be behind with walking but you are faithful to it and persistent! Still chuckling over the Hepa filter, my daughter loves hers. The articles were very interesting. Our weather team uses info from the new GOES; it must be the part that is working! The new graphics are pretty impressive. I hate it is having issues. We do not need to fall any more behind in tech stuff. Poor San Fran, just what it needs- one more issue! I pretty much agree with the do and don't buys of generic and name brands. I still use cheap garbage bags, though I am careful. I refuse to pay the new prices on the good ones. All 6-7 dollars, I can not do it!
    Hi Jan
    It did say that it is working, just not able to cool things enough.
    According to the article
    The cooling issue is causing the Advanced Baseline Imager instrument to work suboptimally. The instrument looks at the earth’s surface in 16 camera channels, but the cooling issue prevents all bands from operating around the clock. Depending on sun’s position, as many as six channels will only be able to work part-time. Other instruments aboard have not been affected.
    That is likely why it is giving good images.

San Fran, When I was there it was a great place to visit and I enjoyed the Cable Cars, Did You know that the brake material used is wood ? You might find this article interesting FWIW
    http://www.cablecarmuseum.org/the-brakes.html

I find that the CostCo garbage bags work better for me than the Name brands and are cheaper per bag. The lat time I tried name brands after running out the pull ties tended to come loose on one end instead of cinching the bags shut.

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Hi. Yes, my workplace has issues. Lots of the legacy employees have left...they hire managers that may not be in high demand ... they want to make changes but couldn’t care less about what we do or why...just change! On Friday five of my colleagues in my old department called me in a panic when they saw i was out of the group. All saying who is going to do the work? I have no clue what will happen. Friday night I accidentally watched a whistleblower about a Northup Gruman issue that took more than 20 years to resolve and the whistleblower had multiple attempts on his life and he and wide and 5 kids ended up in homeless shelter. That was upsetting to me. Today I bought an air fryer oven. Countertop oven with high heat circulated air to cook. I’m in a Facebook group to share tips and recipes. So far i made broccoli and mushrooms (both plain)...i used to make in oven, but 10 minutes is much less electricity, heat and time....so, I think I like this. Still enjoying my intermittent fasting. A friend took me out for a decadent lunch Thursday so, im still losing that blip!
  • Buttons61
    Hello!

Just dawned on me I had not come back to the post like I meant to. I stopped for supper and posted so as not to lose. Then forgot to come back, lol... My brain.... :D

Val, that is so upsetting about the whistle blower. I thought there was some protection offered for them, but I guess it may be too little too late...Sad. Glad you like your airfry!!

Catching up on articles. I was shopping today for back to school... for teachers. My daughter goes back on Weds. Too short of summer!! The good old days when one went after Labor Day!

Roger you have sure had some strange weather! That is a lot of rain at once. no wonder there was flooding! Be careful! Congrats on walking though!! Little Ceasars pizza is not too good here either. It is cheap, but tastes it. I would rather but frozen and add extra cheese. That is far better, lol..My favorite is still Pizza Hut, but we have a mom and pop place called Foxes that is really good too. For the South! LOL!

Have a great day! Jan :)
  • RogerToo
    I just posted some good (IMO) humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 72 degrees and It felt OK for the the outbound leg, then uncomfortable walking due to humidity. It was clear out the door and I could see the full moon.
    When I went back out yesterday I did find one cent.

From the UK
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/27/posh-grain-free-dog-food-may-linked-heart-disease-vets-fear/
    Posh grain-free dog food may be linked to heart disease, vets fear

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/07/26/police-burglar-wifi-password/
    Police: Teen Breaks Into Home, Asks Couple For WiFi Password

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/california-fire-forces-air-evacuation-tv-anchor-ive/story?id=56862145
    California fire forces on-air evacuation of TV anchor: 'I've never seen anything like it'

https://www.bloombergquint.com/markets/2018/07/27/what-s-so-secret-about-whole-foods-under-amazon-a-lot-it-seems#gs.F58HCiU
    What’s So Secret About Whole Foods? Under Amazon, a Lot It Seems

https://nypost.com/2018/07/26/tourist-accidentally-gets-locked-in-old-governors-island-prison/
    Tourist accidentally gets locked in old Governors Island prison

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/07/27/whale-dolphin-hybrid-hawaii/
    New Hybrid Whale-Dolphin Discovered Off Hawaii

https://www.airlive.net/breaking-fight-breaks-out-in-cockpit-at-37000-feet-between-iraqi-airways-pilots/
    BREAKING Fight breaks out in cockpit at 37,000 feet between Iraqi Airways pilots

Have a Great Sunday, So far so good :smiley:
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi. Yes, my workplace has issues. Lots of the legacy employees have left...they hire managers that may not be in high demand ... they want to make changes but couldn’t care less about what we do or why...just change! On Friday five of my colleagues in my old department called me in a panic when they saw i was out of the group. All saying who is going to do the work? I have no clue what will happen. Friday night I accidentally watched a whistleblower about a Northup Gruman issue that took more than 20 years to resolve and the whistleblower had multiple attempts on his life and he and wide and 5 kids ended up in homeless shelter. That was upsetting to me. Today I bought an air fryer oven. Countertop oven with high heat circulated air to cook. I’m in a Facebook group to share tips and recipes. So far i made broccoli and mushrooms (both plain)...i used to make in oven, but 10 minutes is much less electricity, heat and time....so, I think I like this. Still enjoying my intermittent fasting. A friend took me out for a decadent lunch Thursday so, im still losing that blip!
    Hi Val
    I would have found the five colleagues call to be disappointing, Were You the only one doing the job there ?

20 years, Ouch.

I am interested in hearing how You like that Air Fryer Oven, I have looked at them in the past and passed on them. I do not do much that might benefit from it and I an 110% positive my brother would not use it or use a toaster oven and would keep on using the regular oven.

A decadent lunch ? Yesterday I overate too. I had two Pork Roll and cheese sandwiches for breakfast, To the good I did throw out the Hard Rolls AKA Kaiser rolls.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hello!

Just dawned on me I had not come back to the post like I meant to. I stopped for supper and posted so as not to lose. Then forgot to come back, lol... My brain.... :D

Val, that is so upsetting about the whistle blower. I thought there was some protection offered for them, but I guess it may be too little too late...Sad. Glad you like your airfry!!

Catching up on articles. I was shopping today for back to school... for teachers. My daughter goes back on Weds. Too short of summer!! The good old days when one went after Labor Day!

Roger you have sure had some strange weather! That is a lot of rain at once. no wonder there was flooding! Be careful! Congrats on walking though!! Little Ceasars pizza is not too good here either. It is cheap, but tastes it. I would rather but frozen and add extra cheese. That is far better, lol..My favorite is still Pizza Hut, but we have a mom and pop place called Foxes that is really good too. For the South! LOL!

Have a great day! Jan :)
    Hi Jan
    Join the club, I keep forgetting to put the folded laundry away :(

Originally there was not much protection for Whistleblowers, It was due to things such as val posted that their are much more protections now including anonymity.

IMO if the crust had been thin and crispy I might have been able to overlook the tasteless sauce.
    For frozen what I would do is possibly add cheese, I would add Pepperoni, Precooked Sausage or precooked Bacon to taste. I suspect some might use Ham, Peppers, Onions or other items. I would like Crumbled Hamburger as a topping too. Some use Pineapple or spam too.

Pizza Hut has one problem for me, Every time I tried it the taste was good, it was the laxative effect that keeps me away.

We have some good Pizza places in town also, The Little Ceasars' purchase was a impulse buy since I was curious based on their commercials. The best part of that pizza was the Cheese and Pepperoni toppings. The Cheese and Pepperoni that I scraped off and saved before throwing the crust away as it was not thin and crispy tasted OK after I heated it to use as Protein with my Lunch :wink:

I walked further today due to the somewhat lowered humidity. The Overnight low temperatures were forecast to be in the 60s, Not so here.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good morning!

I did not make it to church today. My knee was hurting because I had sat wrong. By the time it felt better I did not have time to get ready. I do not have small group tonite, so I guess I will have a down day. :) Plenty to do here!

Interesting articles. I would not fly Iranian Air! LOL! People do strange things with their dogs feeding them, just because it is a trend for humans. I just stick to Pedigree. No recalls and I have always fed my dogs that. I admit the FreshPet refrig brand is better, but just so expensive! Maybe when May gets older! Val, what do you feed all your doggies? :)

I did terrible yesterday as I had a Let's go to "Shoney's breakfast attack!" I cut down from my first visit, But the dirty rice and my french toast sticks did me in! I can not go there too often. Even though I am full most of the day, I still get a little hungry in the evening of that day. >:)

The wildfires are really terrible. I can not imagine being in that situation! Interesting about the hybrid found also. I guess because maybe the whale numbers were so down in that area? I would have thought something like that would have happened before. What is it they say in Jurassic Park? Nature will find a way... :*

Hope your humidity stays down and you have a pleasant week. We are really hot here and less rain for the moment..

Behave all! Have a good week!! ...Jan :#

• hope4change_val
    I feed Iams...never had a problem with it. Doggies don’t complain. So far, I’ve made baked broccoli and baked mushrooms in my air fryer oven. Quicker and less hest/electricity than regular oven. I bought tofu to try, but...my day has been interrupted. I was out visiting one of my former fosters, when my teen sent a text “where are you? The shower won’t shut off.” Went home. She was accurate. Disassembled shower handle, still could not turn off. Disassembled mire, and high pressure hot water was shooting out of the wall...ricocheting off everything, threatening flood of my bathroom. Ran to street, dug through spiders etc and turned off the water main! Now waiting for plumber to call. 😖🤣
  • hope4change_val
    First plumber never called....waited an hour. Second plumber answered the phone...and was done in an hour! Polite professional and...we have water again.
  • RogerToo
    And the humor has just been posted, Enjoy.

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 67 degrees and It felt OK for the the outbound leg, then semi uncomfortable walking due to humidity. The Dew Point is in the 6os which is considered uncomfortable. I did see two deer run across the road after I passed my turnaround point.

Back When Singers dressed neatly and were nicely choreographed.
    wwS5J0.jpg

https://apnews.com/07039ed986a54d43940144282f0c431a/Tens-of-thousands-of-Russians-protest-retirement-age-hikes
    Tens of thousands of Russians protest retirement age hikes

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/399330-dallas-cowboys-quarterback-anthem-protesting-takes-away-from
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback: Anthem protesting 'takes away from the joy' of football

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/399221-midterms-likely-to-be-most-expensive-ever-as-tv-ads-surpass-billion-dollar
    Midterms likely to be most expensive ever as TV ads pass billion-dollar mark

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/07/28/carrfire-in-northern-california-so-big-it-is-making-its-own-weather/
    #CarrFire in Northern California so big it is making it’s own weather

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6002225/Eerie-images-devastation-left-wildfires-raging-California.html
    California's city of ash: Shocking pictures show devastation caused by the Carr Fire, which is now larger than Salt Lake City

Have a Great Monday, That's my plan
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!

I did not make it to church today. My knee was hurting because I had sat wrong. By the time it felt better I did not have time to get ready. I do not have small group tonite, so I guess I will have a down day. :) Plenty to do here!

Interesting articles. I would not fly Iranian Air! LOL! People do strange things with their dogs feeding them, just because it is a trend for humans. I just stick to Pedigree. No recalls and I have always fed my dogs that. I admit the FreshPet refrig brand is better, but just so expensive! Maybe when May gets older! Val, what do you feed all your doggies? :)

I did terrible yesterday as I had a Let's go to "Shoney's breakfast attack!" I cut down from my first visit, But the dirty rice and my french toast sticks did me in! I can not go there too often. Even though I am full most of the day, I still get a little hungry in the evening of that day. >:)

The wildfires are really terrible. I can not imagine being in that situation! Interesting about the hybrid found also. I guess because maybe the whale numbers were so down in that area? I would have thought something like that would have happened before. What is it they say in Jurassic Park? Nature will find a way... :*

Hope your humidity stays down and you have a pleasant week. We are really hot here and less rain for the moment..

Behave all! Have a good week!! ...Jan :#
    Hi Jan
    I hope the down day leaves You much improved.

I have also heard of people trying to feed their cat a vegetarian diet and nearly killing it, people have no clue :(

If I had a Shoney's near me I would be there occasionally too. I would likely be eating lots of Bacon and Eggs TBH :wink:
    A little heavy on fat but overall not too bad.

The rest of the week looks like a rerun of Thunderstorms and humidity :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I feed Iams...never had a problem with it. Doggies don’t complain. So far, I’ve made baked broccoli and baked mushrooms in my air fryer oven. Quicker and less hest/electricity than regular oven. I bought tofu to try, but...my day has been interrupted. I was out visiting one of my former fosters, when my teen sent a text “where are you? The shower won’t shut off.” Went home. She was accurate. Disassembled shower handle, still could not turn off. Disassembled mire, and high pressure hot water was shooting out of the wall...ricocheting off everything, threatening flood of my bathroom. Ran to street, dug through spiders etc and turned off the water main! Now waiting for plumber to call. 😖🤣
    Hi Val
    It might be time to be sure she knows where the water and gas shutoffs are located. Our water shutoff is in the basement, I suspect that the only homes in this area that might have a curbside shutoff are houses built on a slab. I have seen them when I watch some of the shows about house flipping.

House flipping :smiley: I keep getting this image in my mind of a huge pancake turner being used to do it. I do have a warped sense of humor FWIW.
    First plumber never called....waited an hour. Second plumber answered the phone...and was done in an hour! Polite professional and...we have water again.
    Been there and done that with getting a plumber, they do not seem to be that interested in smaller jobs.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    We only have electric, no gas. But, good suggestion to show Em and my young adults how to shut off water and power. Smooth work-day so far! Going out to dinner this evening with the family if the nice girl that went on vacation with us.
  • Buttons61
    edited July 2018
    Hello!

Val, what a day with your water problems! Glad all was resolved and I hope there was no damage. So glad you had a good work day, and supper out! It hardly gets better than that!! Iams is a great dog food! :)

The pictures of the Carr fires are just unbelievable.Glad you posted them. I always miss the news though I have CBS access. I just forget and remember too late by like 30 minutes, or like all together, lol!!

If I were the Russians I would be more upset by 20% taxes than even the retirement age. Some of them have sure lived a sad life for generations and thru so many dismal leaderships....I really feel campaigning is such a waste of money. People could find out more info from a cheaper website and then these millionaires could pass the savings to us in their products or other assorted ventures. They are all lies and distortions and half truths anyway for the most part, either party. They could feed the poor, raise teacher's pay or so many other wonderful things rather than having people pay for more fleeting non-substance materials...IMHO...

Sorry for your humidity. Our dew points are usually in the 70's and 80's, but you expect that, unfortunately... I do not expect it in the northern climes.... :#

Are the deer getting your garden or plants this year?

Be good all and keep plugging! ;) Have a great day!! ...Jan B)

• RogerToo
    I just posted the new humor

Hi
    I'm back from walking and no cents. The Temperature out the door was 68 degrees and It felt OK for the the outbound leg, Once again semi uncomfortable walking due to humidity. Less than one block from the House I took a jog to the left side of the street to stay clear of the Skunk on the right side of the roadway.

http://www.postfun.com/silly/these-hidden-adult-jokes-in-kids-movies-are-the-reason-were-all-a-little-messed-up-now/?utm_source=ya&utm_campaign=367901016-9700639109-ya&utm_medium=NEWS_US-ya&utm_content=54e2fb-34288853015-ya&utm_term=c-5_jkm.jpg-n-ya
    These Hidden Adult Jokes In Kids Movies Are The Reason We’re All A Little Messed Up Now
    Maybe, Maybe Not, Roger

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article215653425.html
    Churches may have to pay taxes, and members of Congress may pay politically

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/influencers/article215655950.html
    California schools aren’t exactly leading the nation. What should we do about it

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    We only have electric, no gas. But, good suggestion to show Em and my young adults how to shut off water and power. Smooth work-day so far! Going out to dinner this evening with the family if the nice girl that went on vacation with us.
    Hi Val
    I thought it was worth a mention.
    We have gas, electric ans water for utilities that get billed, The gas and electric are from one supplier on one bill.
    I think I mentioned this before but we were lucky to have a split kitchen, Gas Cook Top and Electric Oven so we could heat and cook on the stove when the Superstorm Sandy ate the electric for so many days. Otherwise we would have been searching for Cold Foods to eat or been at the Diner every day.

Enjoy That Dinner
    Roger