100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning!

Careful on those icy puddles! Looks like we are in for more arctic weather as the next week rolls by. It is January, but I would also like to feel I am not living in Chicago, lol... :D I feel for you Roger! My heat feels like it is running constantly the last few weeks. I dread my bill.

Caffeine withdrawal give me headaches too. So do these fronts moving in lately as they go from one extreme to another. My joints feel it too. I picked up some chicken bone broth from Public's. Not as good as homemade for benefits maybe but less trouble. I mix it with some lemon juice and a little Italian season to warm it slightly and it is not a bad taste. While slightly higher than reg broth in cost, at $4.00, it makes quite a few 1/2 cup servings so to me seems economical enough.
    Hi Jan
    The weather forecast for the upcoming week is looking like another arctic blast of cold air.

I never had such a bad headache as when I missed coffee for several days. That is a reason I have been drinking a 1/2 Coffee and half Decaf Coffee blend.

I had not thought of Chicken Bone Broth, is there much of a difference taste vs Chicken Brother or Chicken Bullion.
    Good articles.. I find myself running up my plastic a little more lately in the last few days before a payday. Something always comes up last minute and I do not want my balance too low. Usually it is a church meal, or someone asking me out. But I purposely keep the amount I can borrow low, so I am well below what they were talking about. I could do better, however!! :#

The alligators freezing themselves is fascinating..though I have always known animals are much smarter than man, lol...Okay, you will disagree and laugh at me...but in Birmingham, I am fully behind those teachers and the discipline. They also did not say how they were disciplined so I am thinking not too severe. The gangs up there and the violence are so bad there...and the way they dared they knew they were doing something wrong. What worries me more is the fact that they have been exposed to any influence that made them think of doing that in any fashion.They got that from somewhere, and that needed to be addressed and stopped. I have been in these classrooms and they are not classrooms of old, or even my children's classrooms. You would be surprised what happens at what age now. I have seen teachers having to stop 6 and 7 th grade students from full on sex in the bathrooms... 6th graders!! The fact it was in Birmingham also makes it more urgent also..Just my take in it... :s

Like the beginning of Lord of the Rings...and with Tolkien he had the theology to know it..."The world is changing..What was once is gone and is lost to the world of men..." :#

The reason I like dogs, cats and animals so, lol... ...Jan
    Both my Brother and I try and usually succeed in paying the balance on the Credit cards.

The Alligators once I read it I did remember seeing that happened last year also.

That is a real shame about Birmingham, I attribute it to the breakdown of Families and the attack on Christianity by some.

I suspect I may be glad that I will not be here in 30 years the way things are changing.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi. No headache today. Plus quiet day at work. I’m so overloaded im starting to drop things. But I think I’ve at least identified and prioritized my tasks. I will say that meat does keep the belly satisfied for much longer than veggies and carbs/sugars. I’m rarely hungry and keeping below target calories.
    Such a relief that the furloughed workers will get paid, at least for a few weeks.
    Jan - hope you warm up a bit. San Antonio weather has been quite pleasant. The violence and sex start even before kids go to school. Little ones watch big ones, and sometimes worse. Parents are absent or hands off. Terrified about where society is heading.
    Roger - I’m with you...no interest in Alexa! There was a time when i had multiple credit cards maxed out due to my older daughter’s bills. I’m making good progress and am conscientious about spending (except when I have foster doggos...i spoil them).
    Take care, Val
    Hi Val
    That's good news re: no headache. Can I guess that when You say starting to drop things You mean tasks rather than physically.

Me to, I am not happy with where society is heading. At one point my credit cards were pretty high. By not using them except when needed and paying all I could they are down near a zero balance excluding some auto-pays such as for my Satellite TV.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Yay!!! You found eleven cents!! It is a day to celebrate!! I will be interested by the end of the year tosee how it matches up with last year!! :)

The bone broth to me is a little stronger than reg. broth. I am not positive but I think bullion is a little saltier and has a bit of spice, celery, parsley, added to it as compared to just broth.

Yep, most definitely January!Another few months till spring. I am really happy about the sunshine though! I have plans to snuggle in on Tuesday as it is looking more and more certain we might get a snow event of some kind. Still a few days out though to be real accurate. :o

I am with you all on the future. Our military is really in sad shape with everything aging also. People are no longer the caliber of those we had during World War Two. Scary!

Interesting articles, especially on the volcano and the EMP equipment.

I have to shop for guest lunch tomorrow and haul some cooking. Sundays are great, but long. I will be ready for Monday to hit. I guess I had better do some work on the income tax. I can use my "snow days " to do it! :*

Hope the rest of the week end is good for everyone!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Yes, Roger...not physically dropping things, but missing task deadlines.
    I helped rescue a mama dog and her three feral pups today.921kpxluo89r.jpeg
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is being posted.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 26 degrees.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/01/25/chicago-is-colder-than-parts-of-antarctica-alaska-iceland/
    Chicago Is Colder Than Parts Of Antarctica, Alaska, Iceland

https://www.kcci.com/article/parents-denied-access-to-their-childrens-medical-records-by-law/26032172
    Parents denied access to their children's medical records by law

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/2019/01/25/hospitals-and-nightly-wealth-screenings-are-these-grateful-patients-or-played/
    Hospitals and Nightly Wealth Screenings: Are these “Grateful Patients”—Or Played?

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Dig-to-unearth-ancient-road-unsettles-Palestinian-13560907.php

Dig to unearth ancient road unsettles Palestinian neighborhood

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6617187/Hilarious-moment-man-reunited-lost-dog-returns-pooch-goat.html
    Homeward bound: Incredible moment missing Labrador finds his way back to his panicked owners... with two new friends in tow (another dog and a GOAT)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

Yay!!! You found eleven cents!! It is a day to celebrate!! I will be interested by the end of the year to see how it matches up with last year!! :)

The bone broth to me is a little stronger than reg. broth. I am not positive but I think bullion is a little saltier and has a bit of spice, celery, parsley, added to it as compared to just broth.

Yep, most definitely January!Another few months till spring. I am really happy about the sunshine though! I have plans to snuggle in on Tuesday as it is looking more and more certain we might get a snow event of some kind. Still a few days out though to be real accurate. :o

I am with you all on the future. Our military is really in sad shape with everything aging also. People are no longer the caliber of those we had during World War Two. Scary!

Interesting articles, especially on the volcano and the EMP equipment.

I have to shop for guest lunch tomorrow and haul some cooking. Sundays are great, but long. I will be ready for Monday to hit. I guess I had better do some work on the income tax. I can use my "snow days " to do it! :*

Hope the rest of the week end is good for everyone!! ...Jan
    Well I did find 11 cents, OTOH I am still behind last years finds :( At $4.22 last year I averaged over 1 cent a day, So far this year a not so grand total of 12 cents for 27 days, Oh well.

You are correct, Bouillon is high in sodium, the Chicken Boullion I have on hand shows 5 calories per cube, and 1020mg sodium as well as 1g of carbs.

The weather forecasts are showing bitter wind chills and low temperatures overall with some sort of snow event during the upcoming week, Darn Arctic Blast :(

The Military and aging infrastructure as well as a shortage of parts is so sad, I blame budget cuts on at least two previous presidents, You may disagree of course.

Back to the dark ages is we get hit by a EMP.

I have all, Both actually of the Documents I need to file income tax, My brother is still awaiting some of his and gathering information for when he trots off to the accountant. I will once again be using the Free online service being frugal (Cheap :wink: ) I suspect I should do mine really quickly while the IRS is fully staffed :smiley:

Have a Good Day
    Roger

I also just noticed this, Congratulation

Buttons61 9 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 1/26/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yes, Roger...not physically dropping things, but missing task deadlines.
    I helped rescue a mama dog and her three feral pups today.921kpxluo89r.jpeg
    Hi Val
    Sometimes it is just not worth fretting over what not can be helped. I tend to the what will be will be attitude anymore.
    I'm sitting here listening to the iPod Shuffle, Thanks

Feral Puppies, does that only mean being raised in the wild or the way they act towards people ?

Congratulations
    Roger

hope4change_val 1 hour ago
    lost 1 lb since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 11 lbs so far.
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Yes, the pups had never been touched by human until we got them. We believe they are 6 weeks old, but haven’t been to the vet yet. My last batcg of pups were feral as well. Their primary feelings towards humans was fear. They’d scream and run away and hide. It’s extra work when there’s been no socialization. With the last batch, four times a day, I would pick up each pup and cuddle and touch it all over the body and talk to it plus treats. Maggie has these pups and has requested multiple volunteers to take shifts to cuddle them. I really hope people sign up and show up.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    good morning!!

How fun to cuddle pups!! Even if they must get used to it!! <3 Great picture, Val!!

Church was great, just a long day. Lots of food, and I am afraid I did not do well. This was the first time I really just blew it and overate. I will get back but I know I did a lot of damage, lol...lunch was fine and I picked wisely. But we had so much food that I had 1/2 of my dessert left. It makes up a large amount and guess who took it home and ate the rest of it for supper!! :s I went from like 20 carbs to 300 carbs..I am remorseful but enjoyed every single moment..one of my favorites with a combo of raspberry jello, pineapple, and blackberry bottom with a sour cream and cream cheese and sugar topping...ooops!!! :# Pretty sure I am out of ketosis for a couple weeks...

Waiting for our annual snow dusting where everything stops. I usually get just the tip of it. 60 degrees Monday and snow Tuesday!! Refreeze Tuesday nite...

Need to work on those taxes...And boy do I hate to pay everyone...

Not sleepy..must be that nap I took after church around 3 pm..exhausted!! But good sleeping!! :D

Take care all!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I just posted humor, For now I need to do somethings so I'll be back to reply to Your messages later.

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees.

Smells crooked to me FWIW, Interesting read.
    https://www.kxan.com/news/investigations/man-loses-home-after-bastrop-county-leader-plants-no-trespassing-sign/1637084874
    Man loses home after Bastrop Co. leader plants 'no trespassing' sign

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/opinion/sunday/steve-jobs-never-wanted-us-to-use-our-iphones-like-this.html
    Steve Jobs Never Wanted Us to Use Our iPhones Like This
    The devices have become our constant companions. This was not the plan.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/25/actually-young-people-really-could-kill-harley-davidson.html
    Millennials may claim another victim: Harley-Davidson and the classic American motorcycle

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel-troubles/110138959/nightmare-air-new-zealand-flight-to-invercargill-leaves-20-per-cent-of-passengers-vomiting
    Nightmare Air New Zealand flight to Invercargill leaves '20 per cent' of passengers vomiting

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/health/110199547/dunedin-neuroscientist-discovers-new-way-to-help-stroke-victims
    Dunedin neuroscientist discovers new way to help stroke victims

Slime at work
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/local-news/papakura-courier/110194480/humble-72yearold-auckland-woman-has-plants-ripped-from-garden-gnomes-stolen
    'Humble' 72-year-old Auckland woman has plants ripped from garden, gnomes stolen

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/world-war-3-cometh-syria-is-threatening-to-bomb-the-airport-in-tel-aviv-and-iran-is-pledging-to-wipe-israel-off-the-map
    World War 3 Cometh: Syria Is Threatening To Bomb The Airport In Tel Aviv And Iran Is Pledging To Wipe Israel Off The Map

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    A couple of Keto recipe Videos, The Keto Cinnamon Buns one is one I might make, I love Cinnamon Buns :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ENGcRlstLA
    Low Carb CINNAMON ROLL BATTLE - The BEST Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7perH_dQxY
    Keto Bread

Enjoy
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Yes, the pups had never been touched by human until we got them. We believe they are 6 weeks old, but haven’t been to the vet yet. My last batch of pups were feral as well. Their primary feelings towards humans was fear. They’d scream and run away and hide. It’s extra work when there’s been no socialization. With the last batch, four times a day, I would pick up each pup and cuddle and touch it all over the body and talk to it plus treats. Maggie has these pups and has requested multiple volunteers to take shifts to cuddle them. I really hope people sign up and show up.
    Hello Val
    I had suspected that was what You meant. 6 weeks old, those poor puppies feeling fear like that.

Good Luck, I hope others share the load too
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    good morning!!

How fun to cuddle pups!! Even if they must get used to it!! <3 Great picture, Val!!

Church was great, just a long day. Lots of food, and I am afraid I did not do well. This was the first time I really just blew it and overate. I will get back but I know I did a lot of damage, lol...lunch was fine and I picked wisely. But we had so much food that I had 1/2 of my dessert left. It makes up a large amount and guess who took it home and ate the rest of it for supper!! :s I went from like 20 carbs to 300 carbs..I am remorseful but enjoyed every single moment..one of my favorites with a combo of raspberry jello, pineapple, and blackberry bottom with a sour cream and cream cheese and sugar topping...ooops!!! :# Pretty sure I am out of ketosis for a couple weeks...

Waiting for our annual snow dusting where everything stops. I usually get just the tip of it. 60 degrees Monday and snow Tuesday!! Refreeze Tuesday nite...

Need to work on those taxes...And boy do I hate to pay everyone...

Not sleepy..must be that nap I took after church around 3 pm..exhausted!! But good sleeping!! :D

Take care all!!
    Hi Jan
    You might be surprised how quickly You get back into Ketosis. Sometimes the cravings get to You, Ask me how I know.

Arctic Blast with single digit overnight lows and Wind chills down to -20 in the forecast with snow later tomorrow starting as rain and then as the Arctic air moves in turning to a mix and then snow. I will be checking the traction Wednesday before deciding to walk or not.

Pay, pay, pay is a fact of life.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Ready to inspire myself and get back to keto!! I really am about the same weight wise and plan a day with some satisfying fats to get me on board. I should get a few canned meats besides tuna which while not a meat, is on my shelf. But I really do not feel like getting out. I think I may just cook up a bit from the freezer in case I lose power, and I can eat what I have cooked. I think our dusting will be more just an inconvenience, hopefully!

Unbelievable deep freeze temps the last few days. One of our rescue transports for dogs made the trip thru Chicago to a neighboring city and it was like 25 below and warmed to a -9 degrees. Was she glad to be back in Bama!! Took 40 dogs there as adoption chances are like 200% better in the north than here.. :)

All your stories were extremely good!! It was nice to see that airline treat there customers so well..wasn't it! Glad I was not on that flight however!! Taking that man's house was surreal..we are unaware sometimes of how many situations are like that- people taking advantage of others for profit..I'm sure there is a little more to it...The Steve Jobs article was really good..That is how I use my smart phone..limited screen time. I try to tell that to my friends...but most of them carry theirs with them like it was attached thru an umbilical cord!! :D

Loved the keto recipes..I will have to try them. I love the guy that did the cinnamon roll battle.. I need to look him up!! On my smart phone, lol.... :#

Be super careful with the weather coming in!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi all. Tomorrow I get my cardiology results. I can feel the 11 ponds lost, and I’m glad if that. But I’m impatient...i just want to unzip this fat suit and step out if it. Yes, I know that’s not how life is.

I was extremely displeased by Air New Zealand. Extremely racist flight attendants. It was horrific and we were trapped over a huge ocean with no way out. 40 years ago, I enjoyed their flights. In 2014, problems both directions (MUCH worse coming back).

Stay safe and warm with the cold blast!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I have posted more humor, It includes some Cat Humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 27 degrees. The weather forecast as of this morning is that rain will start this afternoon turning to Snow with the arctic Blast moving in overnight. The overnight Lows for Wednesday & Thursday are forecast to be in the single digits with bitter wind chills down to -20 in some parts of NJ

Mini Review. I liked the new NS Chicken Marsala, 230 Calories 27g Carbohydrates. It was very tasty, I shall be ordering several of these for my next order.
    https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-01-poor-mental-health-physical-ailments.html
    Poor mental health can lead to physical ailments

DeBlasio, NYCs Mayor...
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/27/doe-incompetence-makes-a-mockery-of-all-de-blasios-grand-school-visions/
    DOE incompetence makes a mockery of all de Blasio’s grand school visions

So Weird, NYC is a Major Financial Center
    https://nypost.com/2019/01/26/nyc-is-the-most-financially-distressed-city-in-the-nation/
    NYC is the most financially distressed city in the nation

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

Ready to inspire myself and get back to keto!! I really am about the same weight wise and plan a day with some satisfying fats to get me on board. I should get a few canned meats besides tuna which while not a meat, is on my shelf. But I really do not feel like getting out. I think I may just cook up a bit from the freezer in case I lose power, and I can eat what I have cooked. I think our dusting will be more just an inconvenience, hopefully!

Unbelievable deep freeze temps the last few days. One of our rescue transports for dogs made the trip thru Chicago to a neighboring city and it was like 25 below and warmed to a -9 degrees. Was she glad to be back in Bama!! Took 40 dogs there as adoption chances are like 200% better in the north than here.. :)

All your stories were extremely good!! It was nice to see that airline treat there customers so well..wasn't it! Glad I was not on that flight however!! Taking that man's house was surreal..we are unaware sometimes of how many situations are like that- people taking advantage of others for profit..I'm sure there is a little more to it...The Steve Jobs article was really good..That is how I use my smart phone..limited screen time. I try to tell that to my friends...but most of them carry theirs with them like it was attached thru an umbilical cord!! :D

Loved the keto recipes..I will have to try them. I love the guy that did the cinnamon roll battle.. I need to look him up!! On my smart phone, lol.... :#

If, And I say If I had gotten on the scale this morning I am sure my weight would be up after having Chinese take out. That would be Moo Shu Beef, I remembered to have them hold the 4 Pancakes that come with it, Since the menu had no mention of it I forgot to tell them to hold the White Rice. If I had held those carbs the Moo Shu Beef would have been close to OK since it is shredded cabbage, fried eggs, mushrooms and bamboo shoots in a sauce. The Rice was there so I ate it being weak when it comes to temptations
    Moo Shu Pork - 1 cup without pancakes
    cup without pancakes (154g )
    Calories from Fat 106. Calories 230.
    18% Total Fat 12g.
    11% Saturated Fat 2.2g.
    19% Cholesterol 58mg.
    13% Sodium 305mg.
    13% Potassium 446mg.
    3% Total Carbohydrates 9.6g.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

Hi Jan
    I have cans of White meat chicken in the cupboard that are Five 5 Ounce from the Grocery Store and 3 that are 12.5 ounce from CostCo. They work as Chicken heated in the Microwave with a touch of Sweet Daddy Rays BBQ sauce and as Chicken Salad in a sandwich.

I am not sure our furnace could keep up with 25 degrees below zero. It runs a lot of the time when the temps get down to the single digits. I hope the Rescue Transports had really good heat. The one thing not to do is let Peta get a hold of pets. As I saw here in a link that forwarded to me.

https://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/749238-more-peta-hypocrisy/
    PETA Joins Forces with Group Working to Kill All “Pit Bulls” Nationwide
    Several years ago, PETA founder Ingrid Newkirk wrote an OpEd piece in newspapers across the country calling on all shelters in all American cities to kill all dogs who looked like “pit bulls.”

It is a long read BTW.

Thanks for the feedback on the articles.

I know what You mean when You say I try to tell that to my friends...but most of them carry theirs with them like it was attached thru an umbilical cord!!
    I see Cellphone Zombies walking down the street all the time.

I intend to be careful with the next three days weather and I am leaning towards not walking and using the recumbent bike in the back room instead. That will mean installing batteries to activate the load while peddling.

I was hoping that some of the Keto recipes would be useful.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi all. Tomorrow I get my cardiology results. I can feel the 11 ponds lost, and I’m glad if that. But I’m impatient...i just want to unzip this fat suit and step out if it. Yes, I know that’s not how life is.

I was extremely displeased by Air New Zealand. Extremely racist flight attendants. It was horrific and we were trapped over a huge ocean with no way out. 40 years ago, I enjoyed their flights. In 2014, problems both directions (MUCH worse coming back).

Stay safe and warm with the cold blast!
    Hi Val
    Eleven Pounds lost is good, I was impatient from the time I started on NS to lose all I wanted to lose so I understand how You feel.

I had not heard that regarding Air New Zealand.

I plan to stay warm and safe, especially the Safe part.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well, we just got some rain. I would have liked a dusting of snow, but I am taking a snow day anyway!! The dividing line hit a little north of us, more than usual. I would rather be safe than sorry..especially with kids lives!

Val, your loss is wonderful!! I feel that way too, trying to change those numbers to the next 10 lbs. It will happen though!! keep up the great loss!! Sorry you experienced such a bad flight from that airline..Sounds like my praise for them was a little premature! :|

Horrible story about PETA though no surprise. Even when their demands are reasonable I do not support them. I just will never trust them. Supposedly they are modifying their view but uninformed stands like that one lead me to believe otherwise. Many dogs here are labeled pits that are not. Our vets are very careful to list another breed on certificates as often as they can because of those kind of mistakes to save the dogs further harassment.

My heater runs a lot at temps now in the 20's..I would hate anything below that...not to mention the bill!! :#

Chinese food is very tempting out! I have that problem too. Thai food and Indian food is almost impossible to eat out on keto. You have to make your own. I very much miss eating there and supporting those businesses as they are run by some pretty nice folks!

Glad you are taking precautions to substitute walking in the weather. Maybe your snow and cold will be less than predicted too.

Take care!! ...Jan