100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Options

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Good morning,

I feel like that too about the keto, Val, lol..I had keto chocolate chip cookies for lunch after my tuna... :)

Hey, down here Roger I have worn flip flops to church! Just not for the Sunday service, lol...

Nice day in the 60's with sunshine...you never know!

Awfully young kids to be getting in that kind of trouble like Columbine..very scary.

I have a funeral to attend on Saturday. the mom of one of the ladies that I go to early breakfast at Panera. One of those sweet southern women for whom they broke the mold..

We ALL need to cut out our little cheating it seems!! Me. too, Roger...

Good job Val!!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    It sounds as if Your church services as not formal dress up affairs :wink:

I can not wait for the warmer weather that the forecast shows is coming to get here.

I have no idea what goes through the kids minds these days, I can only guess that part of it is the impact of social media. If I had kids today at best they would have flip phones and the only computer access would be a common room where they could be monitored.

I'm sorry to hear about that funeral, They are so sad to attend.

I have a method of cutting out the cheating, It is a little drastic however. I spend all my cash so I can't get cheat foods :wink: That seems like the best method if a little drastic.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    This made ne laugh. My current likeness on the left. 8kp8fsku8tpn.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am a combo of the Stay-Puf man and ET!! LOL!! I got a huge laugh out of those pictures!!

Okay, the story about the Walgreen's tech is rather frightening. I can see her obtaining the tech level and having a blur of certification depending what she learned on the job. But how can they really justify that overstep into the pharmacist when so much schooling is required. My mouth kind of dropped reading she would just like it all to be ignored, please...Oh my...

I love, love, love beans and legumes but to me it is hard to control the quantity . I feel hungry eating them and require several servings to be satisfied. My blood sugar rises high after eating them, even at a serving size. That seems what Dr. s and researchers never address. You are just to eat and be magically full, just like people that do not like to eat or do not eat much. Until that is addressed I see obesity still on the rise.

Good thing you are not funding anything huge with the money you find!! It is a slow year.. ;)

Your weather is still pretty chilly!! Typical still for February. No ground hog in my yard would have seen a shadow this morning!! Maybe by 11 am now as the sun is slowly creeping out. Pleasant in the sun outside but very chilly in the house. Feels very much like winter will be here yet a bit...

Great job Val!! I am encouraged on reading of your progress. I find the fats on keto do help to keep one satisfied. I want to pick up some avocado oil for drizzling, but it is expensive. My daughter says Walmart carries a salad dressing that contains it with little additives or sugar. A Greek type dressing at 2 dollars compared with the 8 dollars for a little tiny bottle of just the oil. We will see. Helps to keep my fat grams more than my protein grams. That to me can be hard without a little foresight.

Hope everyone enjoys the week end!! ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    I did post more humor FWIW

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 26 degrees, It was still cold outside.

https://apnews.com/21f228bfeee34c9a916106ebe0ffce1f
    A deluge of drones fly over Super Bowl stadium, despite ban

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/in-depth/news/taken/2019/01/27/civil-forfeiture-south-carolina-police-property-seizures-taken-exclusive-investigation/2457838002/
    TAKEN: How police departments make millions by seizing property

https://www.news.com.au/travel/world-travel/north-america/man-who-died-in-mexico-flown-home-without-brain-stomach-and-heart/news-story/6474b0c9a1131613c48d4101a23da44c
    Man who died in Mexico flown home ‘without brain, stomach and heart’
    The body of a Korean man who died in Mexico was returned to his wife ‘without brain, stomach and heart.’ His widow is now petitioning authorities to return her husband’s organs.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/woman-finds-sperm-donor-after-using-dna-test-raising-questions-about-donor-anonymity/
    Woman uses DNA test, finds sperm donor — and pays a "devastating" price

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    This made ne laugh. My current likeness on the left. 8kp8fsku8tpn.jpeg
    Hello Val
    that reminds me of something on the local news a few years ago where the young man set up a Gofundme page to get the money to remove all the loose skin from his weight loss. The image of him there on the TV was worse than what we see with ET.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning!!

I am a combo of the Stay-Puf man and ET!! LOL!! I got a huge laugh out of those pictures!!

Okay, the story about the Walgreen's tech is rather frightening. I can see her obtaining the tech level and having a blur of certification depending what she learned on the job. But how can they really justify that overstep into the pharmacist when so much schooling is required. My mouth kind of dropped reading she would just like it all to be ignored, please...Oh my...

I love, love, love beans and legumes but to me it is hard to control the quantity . I feel hungry eating them and require several servings to be satisfied. My blood sugar rises high after eating them, even at a serving size. That seems what Dr. s and researchers never address. You are just to eat and be magically full, just like people that do not like to eat or do not eat much. Until that is addressed I see obesity still on the rise.
    Hi Jan
    Pillsbury Doughboy in the past here and who knows, in the future. The last time I lost weight I said never again and ended up where I needed NS :(

The Walgreen's Tech is what can happen with a big chain, not enough oversight in the name of saving money.

Beans IMO are not a low carb food so I am not surprised they raise your blood sugar.

I am still awaiting the so called weight loss pill that works as previewed on the medical segment of TV a fair amount of years ago. My guess is that they jumped the gun with that report.
    Good thing you are not funding anything huge with the money you find!! It is a slow year.. ;)

Your weather is still pretty chilly!! Typical still for February. No ground hog in my yard would have seen a shadow this morning!! Maybe by 11 am now as the sun is slowly creeping out. Pleasant in the sun outside but very chilly in the house. Feels very much like winter will be here yet a bit...

Great job Val!! I am encouraged on reading of your progress. I find the fats on keto do help to keep one satisfied. I want to pick up some avocado oil for drizzling, but it is expensive. My daughter says Walmart carries a salad dressing that contains it with little additives or sugar. A Greek type dressing at 2 dollars compared with the 8 dollars for a little tiny bottle of just the oil. We will see. Helps to keep my fat grams more than my protein grams. That to me can be hard without a little foresight.

Hope everyone enjoys the week end!! ...Jan
    A slow year for finding money indeed.

I call the temperatures Yo Yo Temps :smiley:

Re: Groundhog accuracy I saw this reported yesterday. The TV reports yesterday said that Punxsutawney Phil has a 40% accuracy rate at predicting the weather :wink:
    I could do better by flipping a coin and calling heads or tails.

Good Luck finding the Salad Dressing, so many foods have sugars hidden by using other types so that it can be disguised.
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    The article about a woman using DNA testing accidentally finding her child’s annonymous sperm donor was particularly interesting. To conceive Em, my now-ex and I used that same sperm bank. Certain donors welcome contact. I would have preferred that, but the one we chose did not. The bank said when the child is 18, he/she can mail a letter to the bank...and the bank would contact the donor to see if he’s open to contact at that point. The bank allows the moms to choose if they want to know sibling moms. We’ve met Em’s 1/2 brother and sister. For a few years, it was nice...but over thanksgiving their mom suddenly became extremely mean, controlling (of me!), and insulting. Um, no! She called 6 times (I had srnt to voicemail) in less than 2 minutes. I was in really tough traffic at that moment. But I finally answered to find out the emergency. She said “I’m bored.” I replied that I couldn’t talk right then...and she went off! (And continued crazy crap for 4 days (e.g., calling me at 1am demanding to know where i was). I texted her to stop so she blocked me on FB.
    We know there is at least one more 1/2 sibling, but that mom didn’t provide contact info.
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Good morning,

I came home so tired I was literally useless. I did not even have energy to play with May May after church.
    To make matters worse, she has really gotten some mental block over coming in thru the doggie door. She goes out with no problem and has used it with no problem for 4 years. All of a sudden she cannot bring herself to walk from outside to inside. It can take her 20 tries sometimes, even with me encouraging her. I do not know what is going on- but it is a serious mental block. I have cut off about 2 inches which included the magnets thinking it might help. For the most part it has done little to help, and hopefully I will not have something else come in with an opening like that. I have given her treats when she does get in and praised her. it helps but just a little. I am kind of at wits end with it. I loved she could go in and out safely when I was gone longer than I wanted..like church. It was pretty today, but I think she was out all day. I am afraid she will no longer come in when cold or bad weather! Help Val!!! :'(

Val, sounds like you are far better off not knowing that lady!! I wonder why she had that change though.

Funny Roger, I am waiting for that pill myself!!! Instant Slim!! :#

Did poorly today on my diet. Most was keto friendly but a really good broccoli salad which I knew had some sugar in it. Lots of bacon, and unfortunately golden raisins that I realized too late were not bacon, lol! At 55 carbs just for that, I would say I blew it! :s

Tomorrow is another day!! Have a good one!! Hang on to your organs!! ...Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Hi Jan. That’s a puzzle about May May nit coming in through the doggie door. I have two thoughts. From the yard looking at the doggie door...is there something she’s afraid of? Ex, hornets or ant nest, a broom that could fall onto her, a wobbly board, or somewhere her paw could get stuck. My other thought is her vision. Is there a light on inside so she is sure where she’s going?
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    My keto journey is progressing. I noticed i was exceeding my protein target bet not close to my fat target. Society really brainwashed me to avoid fat. I cannot stand black coffee. Yesterday (my first time), I added cream and coconut oil. No sweetener. It was awesome!!! My brain perceive fats as sweet. Which is really handy. To me coconut oil and cream cheese (not together) tastes sweet. I’ve also decided I need to go back to veggies more. My food had gotten skewed towards meat. I also need to stop cooking so much!!! My mom lived through the Great Depression and always hoarded food. I learned some of her mental issue around fear of not having food available. Other than in college, I’ve never never never had a limit in food access. So, this is just in my head. 🙄.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    More humor is about to be posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and for once money was found, 2 shiny 5 Nickels . The Temperature out the door was 30 degrees. Sunday here in NJ most of the state was around 50 degrees with a reported 60 degrees in Trenton the state capital.
    We are headed into a short stretch of nice weather and above average temperatures here in NJ, Whee.

There was a coupon in the ShopRite circular for 80% lean Ground Beef in the family size package for $1.99. According to the Meat department person my Brother talked to they are having trouble keeping up with the demand. My brother had to wait in line to get a package and when he got one off of the newest tray and turned back from putting it in the cart there was only one left. They Grind 80 pounds at a time and package it in 3 pound packages. The one he picked up is already in the oven baking after having been formed into Hamburger Patties. I may run out Tuesday and use a second coupon on the key tag I use and get another one for the freezer being somewhat of a cheapskate. Also a Coupon for $2.99 one pound package of Oscar Mayer bacon, A good price too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/01/well/mind/anxiety-drug-shortage-buspirone.html
    Shortage of Anxiety Drug Leaves Patients Scrambling
    There are no good alternatives to buspirone, so patients who rely on it are struggling.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8335749/lasers-could-beam-messages-directly-to-a-listeners-ear-like-whispering-secret-from-afar-scientists-say/
    SOUND IDEA Lasers could beam messages directly to a listener’s ear ‘like whispering secret from afar’, scientists say
    It's hoped the technology could one day be used for headphone-free TV watching without disturbing others or warning people of danger discreetly in situations like an active shooter attack

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2019/01/31/ford-looks-to-wearable-technology-to-ease-burden-for-assembly-workers/
    Ford Looks To Wearable Technology To Ease Burden for Assembly Workers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6659257/Screen-limit-children-New-official-guidelines-state-youngsters-need-break-phones.html
    Screen limits for children: British Government lays out its first official guidelines for youngsters' web use - as it tells parents to enforce breaks every two hours and BAN social media at bedtime

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/8333600/european-colonisers-massacred-so-many-natives-in-the-americas-that-it-cooled-the-planet/
    ANCIENT SLAUGHTER European colonisers massacred so many natives in the Americas that it cooled the planet
    Invaders killed 56 million American natives by 1600

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited February 2019
    Options
    The article about a woman using DNA testing accidentally finding her child’s annonymous sperm donor was particularly interesting. To conceive Em, my now-ex and I used that same sperm bank. Certain donors welcome contact. I would have preferred that, but the one we chose did not. The bank said when the child is 18, he/she can mail a letter to the bank...and the bank would contact the donor to see if he’s open to contact at that point. The bank allows the moms to choose if they want to know sibling moms. We’ve met Em’s 1/2 brother and sister. For a few years, it was nice...but over thanksgiving their mom suddenly became extremely mean, controlling (of me!), and insulting. Um, no! She called 6 times (I had sent to voicemail) in less than 2 minutes. I was in really tough traffic at that moment. But I finally answered to find out the emergency. She said “I’m bored.” I replied that I couldn’t talk right then...and she went off! (And continued crazy crap for 4 days (e.g., calling me at 1am demanding to know where i was). I texted her to stop so she blocked me on FB.
    We know there is at least one more 1/2 sibling, but that mom didn’t provide contact info.
    Hi Val
    I have to wonder if it really was a accident. This DNA testing is a double edged sword. If You wanted anonymity and that breaches it IMO that is wrong. I also disagree when states

I wonder if she was always that way or if something in her life or health caused it. This one bother me FWIW

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2015/02/sperm-donor-parental-rights-new-jersey-lesbian-couple-is-losing-visitation-cases.html
    Sperm Donors Are Winning Visitation Rights

Hi Jan. That’s a puzzle about May May nit coming in through the doggie door. I have two thoughts. From the yard looking at the doggie door...is there something she’s afraid of? Ex, hornets or ant nest, a broom that could fall onto her, a wobbly board, or somewhere her paw could get stuck. My other thought is her vision. Is there a light on inside so she is sure where she’s going?
    All Good Points IMO.
    My keto journey is progressing. I noticed i was exceeding my protein target bet not close to my fat target. Society really brainwashed me to avoid fat. I cannot stand black coffee. Yesterday (my first time), I added cream and coconut oil. No sweetener. It was awesome!!! My brain perceive fats as sweet. Which is really handy. To me coconut oil and cream cheese (not together) tastes sweet. I’ve also decided I need to go back to veggies more. My food had gotten skewed towards meat. I also need to stop cooking so much!!! My mom lived through the Great Depression and always hoarded food. I learned some of her mental issue around fear of not having food available. Other than in college, I’ve never never never had a limit in food access. So, this is just in my head. 🙄.
    Interesting, Is it impeding the Keto OTOH ?
    Never mind, I just saw this
    hope4change_val 1 hour ago
    lost 2.5 lbs since last weighing in! Hope4change_val's lost 14.2 lbs so far.

Congratulations
    I love Cream Cheese and have changed fro 1% milk to 2% milk for my cereal. Both my Brother & I only drink Black unsweetened Coffee :wink:

I love meat and tend to have a problem eating too much of it myself.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Good morning,

I came home so tired I was literally useless. I did not even have energy to play with May May after church.
    To make matters worse, she has really gotten some mental block over coming in thru the doggie door. She goes out with no problem and has used it with no problem for 4 years. All of a sudden she cannot bring herself to walk from outside to inside. It can take her 20 tries sometimes, even with me encouraging her. I do not know what is going on- but it is a serious mental block. I have cut off about 2 inches which included the magnets thinking it might help. For the most part it has done little to help, and hopefully I will not have something else come in with an opening like that. I have given her treats when she does get in and praised her. it helps but just a little. I am kind of at wits end with it. I loved she could go in and out safely when I was gone longer than I wanted..like church. It was pretty today, but I think she was out all day. I am afraid she will no longer come in when cold or bad weather! Help Val!!! :'(

Val, sounds like you are far better off not knowing that lady!! I wonder why she had that change though.

Funny Roger, I am waiting for that pill myself!!! Instant Slim!! :#

Did poorly today on my diet. Most was keto friendly but a really good broccoli salad which I knew had some sugar in it. Lots of bacon, and unfortunately golden raisins that I realized too late were not bacon, lol! At 55 carbs just for that, I would say I blew it! :s

Tomorrow is another day!! Have a good one!! Hang on to your organs!! ...Jan
    Hi Jan
    You would think that a Broccoli Salad would be safe to eat :(

That wish for a magic bullet for weight loss is what leads to the large weight loss market items on the shelves.

I hope that the door avoidance issue is cleared up, Maybe bring it up on the next Vet visit as well as trying Vals Ideas.
    Good Luck with that
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!

Well, made a stab with my income tax. I am waiting for one thing yet. Oh well... At least I am farther ahead than last year!! So many new tax changes..and I never seem to qualify for any of the good benefits. Just my luck!!

We will be getting into the 70's this week. hard to believe. My forsythia is blooming in a few place and the birds are migrating back. They will be surprised by more winter I am sure.

Val, great job on your loss! You are really doing well!! <3

May was a little better coming in. Treats help a little. I checked around the door and tried leaving the light on for her. Maybe that will help some.

Interesting articles. And great deals you found on ground beef! Isn't it nice to find a deal!! I did get two packs of spareribs that were over 3 lbs for a little less than $9.00 a piece. Usually they run about $12.00 or so. I was happy as I had a taste for them!

Enjoy the prettier weather!! Take care ...Jan
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Humor has been posted

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and once again no money was found. The Temperature out the door was 35 degrees. Yesterday here in NJ most of the state was near 60 or over 60 degrees.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/31/man-slapped-with-nearly-5k-hospital-bill-after-fainting-from-flu-shot/
    Man slapped with nearly $5K hospital bill after fainting from free flu shot

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/02/us/hawaiian-flight-33-turn-back/index.html
    A Hawaiian Airlines flight headed to Maui returned to LAX three times over unrelated issues

https://www.sfgate.com/science/article/arbuckle-sacramento-sinking-subsidence-drought-13585409.php
    Tiny Northern California town is sinking, new report finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/life-under-isis-led-these-muslims-christ-n963281
    Life under ISIS led these Muslims to Christianity
    "If heaven is made for ISIS and their belief," said one convert, "I would choose hell for myself instead of being again with them in the same place, even if it’s paradise."

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/philmatier/article/San-Francisco-where-street-addicts-outnumber-13571702.php
    San Francisco — where drug addicts outnumber high school students

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hello!

Well, made a stab with my income tax. I am waiting for one thing yet. Oh well... At least I am farther ahead than last year!! So many new tax changes..and I never seem to qualify for any of the good benefits. Just my luck!!

We will be getting into the 70's this week. hard to believe. My forsythia is blooming in a few place and the birds are migrating back. They will be surprised by more winter I am sure.

Val, great job on your loss! You are really doing well!! <3

May was a little better coming in. Treats help a little. I checked around the door and tried leaving the light on for her. Maybe that will help some.

Interesting articles. And great deals you found on ground beef! Isn't it nice to find a deal!! I did get two packs of spareribs that were over 3 lbs for a little less than $9.00 a piece. Usually they run about $12.00 or so. I was happy as I had a taste for them!

Enjoy the prettier weather!! Take care ...Jan
    Hello Jan
    I plan on doing my Taxes this week, I have everything I need as far as I know. I would think that by now everything should have arrived.

The problem with the Forsythia blooming early is it might get blasted by frost, I have seen happen here in NJ.

Hopefully May gets even better at coming back in. When You say treats were You there to hand them out ? I wonder what would happen if they were in a bowl inside the door as a incentive to come back in ?

It took about 25 minutes in the oven to bake the Hamburgers that I made from the Ground Beef.

I love Spare Ribs especially when they are cooked to where they are falling off of the bone, Not just cooked but super tender. 25% off is a good buy IMO.

Wow, 70s, I am happy that we are in the 60s for a few days.

Congratulations on what I just saw.
    Roger

Buttons61 5 hours ago
    Buttons61's food and exercise diary was completed for 2/04/2019 and was under Buttons61's calorie goal

Hi Val
  • hope4change_val
    Options
    Doctor visit today was pleasant. Tomorrow i sign my will and POA, etc. before my doctor appointment I had an hour to kill...so i went for a long walk! That’s where i took this pic.
    phkbdwfdgtcl.jpeg
  • Buttons61
    Options
    Hello!

Beautiful picture, Val. Is that a park close to where you live? So glad the appt. went well!! Good to get those pesky things out of the way. So many people neglect doing that.

Roger, I was so shocked you found money the other day! Hope you find more, lol!! :) I just handed her some treats when she came in the door. I think she would eat the whole bowl at one sitting otherwise!!

Interesting articles, especially about the genocide that caused a mini ice age. Hard to believe.

I can attest to Muslims becoming Christians after the harshness of Islam. Our friend in our church is from Pakistan and they have started a Christian school. But they are always in danger and must keep a very low profile. It is frightening.

It reached 77 degrees today and will be in the 80;s on Thursday. Too warm, though nice. Our flowers and trees have been caught by a "late" frost more often than not especially in the last several years.

Take care, and no one work too hard!! ...Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Well I did it again, I posted more humor

Hi
    I'm back home from walking and 1 cent was found. The Temperature out the door was 37 degrees. Yesterday here in NJ most of the state was near 70 or above.

Nut Job.
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/us-academic-sparks-mary-poppins-blackface-row-a4056126.html
    Mary Poppins branded racist by US academic in 'blackface' row over scene where she gets covered in soot

Another total Nut Job
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6664843/Man-wants-sue-parents-giving-birth-without-consent.html
    Man wants to sue his parents for giving birth to him 'without his consent' as part of 'anti-natalist' movement that says having children is morally wrong

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/5-reasons-why-autonomous-cars-150448399.html
    5 reasons why autonomous cars aren't coming anytime soon

https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-container/International/crossing-norways-fjords-easier-worlds-submerged-floating-tunnel/story?id=60812122
    Crossing Norway's fjords is going to get easier with world's first submerged floating tunnel

Give me strength
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/30/nike-responds-to-thousands-of-angry-muslims-who-wa/
    Nike responds to thousands of angry Muslims who want 'blasphemous' shoe recalled

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/30/god-on-the-outs-with-house-dem-committee-draft-str/
    Democrats move to strike 'so help you God' from witness oath

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Doctor visit today was pleasant. Tomorrow i sign my will and POA, etc. before my doctor appointment I had an hour to kill...so i went for a long walk! That’s where i took this pic.
    phkbdwfdgtcl.jpeg
    Hi Val
    having a POA is not something I would have thought of, I have had a will for many years OTOH. Did You think os a POD for the bank also ?

It looks a bit wet there too, things here were wet while walking, I am thinking that a heavy dew possibly is the cause, at least it was warm enough not to be slippery.

Have a Good Death
    Roger