100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi!

Boy, Roger, with that list you should be able to walk to Canada and back! There are some really interesting and varied things on that list. I had no idea all that existed on mp3. It is nice to know they have been preserved. I will have to check them out! So many things, so little time. How true that seems!

We are back to sun and no rain. It is incredibly dry here. I am not watering as well as I should, but everything is hanging in there. I am always surprised how little steps it takes! Sure feels like more! We are in the low 90's with humidity anywhere from mid sixties to the 70's depending on the time of day. It has cooled to the lower 70's at nite. Maybe fall is coming...

Val, glad your puppies got out. You have been really working hard and so much has gone on. I am sure that would account for some of that glumness. It is hard not to get out as you used to. I always had a few go to movies during times like that to restore me. You are a giver, so you must take time to replenish yourself! <3

Take care All! Jan
  • Buttons61
    Oh my gosh! September is tomorrow! :#
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 71 degrees out the door, And it was drizzling for most of the walk, I did take a folding umbrella in my pocket that I used for part of the walk. Today I did 8,752 Steps. The Humidity is up once again, Starting tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better, Cooler :)

So far one hit and two misses from the radio shows I listened too. Tom Corbett Space Cadet, Miss, Inspector Thorne, Hit, Hallmark, Unsure.

I picked some Raspberries to go in my cereal for Breakfast on my return home too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

Boy, Roger, with that list you should be able to walk to Canada and back! There are some really interesting and varied things on that list. I had no idea all that existed on mp3. It is nice to know they have been preserved. I will have to check them out! So many things, so little time. How true that seems!

We are back to sun and no rain. It is incredibly dry here. I am not watering as well as I should, but everything is hanging in there. I am always surprised how little steps it takes! Sure feels like more! We are in the low 90's with humidity anywhere from mid sixties to the 70's depending on the time of day. It has cooled to the lower 70's at nite. Maybe fall is coming...

Val, glad your puppies got out. You have been really working hard and so much has gone on. I am sure that would account for some of that glumness. It is hard not to get out as you used to. I always had a few go to movies during times like that to restore me. You are a giver, so you must take time to replenish yourself! <3

Take care All! Jan

Hi Jan
    If You want You can stream or download from https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
    The Main Site is https://archive.org/
    Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
    So You can find Video or Radio etc. there.
    I will be looking at this one too :)http://www.otr.net/

As You can see I have some precipitation today :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Oh my gosh! September is tomorrow! :#

Hi Again
    Thank You for the reminder to flip my calendar :)
    It is hard to believe that Monday is Labor Day, Where did the Summer go? I was lucky this year as I felt the heat less than last year and last year was better than the year before.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees as I went out the door. Today I did 8.3K Steps. Today the weather is supposed to be best for several days to come :)

While Walking I had 7 smallish Deer walk out of a side road several block from the house and saunter across the road and down a different street, stopping to eat somebody's landscaping on their way back to the Brook where they shelter by day.

On a TV History note.
    Three's Company is an American sitcom television series that aired eight seasons on ABC, from March 15, 1977, to September 18, 1984. It is based on the British sitcom Man About the House.
    Having watched Both Shows I will mention that the American version first episode is near enough to identical to the British version the show is based on.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

We have more cloud cover today, and it is breezy. It is 10 am and only 80 degrees. It is probably from the tropical storm in Florida and moving up the coast giving us it's displaced clouds from it's system. I wish we had tracked over us, and Florida probably did too! We really need the rain!

I had not realized Three's Co. was based on a British show. I liked John Ritter and was saddened when he died so young and unexpectedly. The British have some really good shows, especially their history and period pieces. Thanks for putting up the connections.

I got tickled at your deer description! Lucky deer and unlucky and unaware shrub owner!

I am hooked on those Skinny Cow cones! Quite a treat for the caloric value! They are my go to snack after dinner! :)

It is quiet here with Labor Day and very peaceful.I have plans to work in the yard and catch up on chores here. And up my walking!

Have a safe and quiet Labor Day week-end! Good job with the walking! Jan

• RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Sort of a heads up
    I had a email from NS indicating a 40% off sale on A La Carte orders. I just finished mine up, I created it online by signing in then choosing shop and paid for it with a CostCo Sale Price Gift Card. I only order Shelf Stable AKA Ready To Go items which meant I paid Shipping. It was still cheaper than adding them to my Auto Delivery order and getting 20% with Free shipping. The Breakdown ended up as
    Estimated Total of $164.48 with the 40% off the order cost me $99.99 as the shipping was not discounted, then applying the 40% I saved from the Gift Card the real cost to me was $60.

I mention this in case anybody wants to take advantage of it and save some money.

I suggest finishing checking out with a customer service rep to be sure it is applied properly.

Also You could save even more if You only order $50 or more of frozen to take advantage of the free shipping offer from doing it that way.

Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi!

We have more cloud cover today, and it is breezy. It is 10 am and only 80 degrees. It is probably from the tropical storm in Florida and moving up the coast giving us it's displaced clouds from it's system. I wish we had tracked over us, and Florida probably did too! We really need the rain!

I had not realized Three's Co. was based on a British show. I liked John Ritter and was saddened when he died so young and unexpectedly. The British have some really good shows, especially their history and period pieces. Thanks for putting up the connections.

I got tickled at your deer description! Lucky deer and unlucky and unaware shrub owner!

I am hooked on those Skinny Cow cones! Quite a treat for the caloric value! They are my go to snack after dinner! :)

It is quiet here with Labor Day and very peaceful.I have plans to work in the yard and catch up on chores here. And up my walking!

Have a safe and quiet Labor Day week-end! Good job with the walking! Jan
    Hi Jan
    It is currently 81 degrees outside, some change from this morning. My Area is likely to feel an impact from TS Hermine. It appears that I will have no problem getting my walk in Saturday Morning, Sunday May be a problem, I can deal with Either Rain or Wind, Not both however.

That and the decent price is why I suggested the Skinny Cow over the higher priced Ice Cream. I love them :) BTW some of the WW Frozen Ice Cream Desserts are OK too in case You want a variety.

Here is a bit more trivia type information. Sanford and Son is an American sitcom that ran on the NBC television network from January 14, 1972 to March 25, 1977. It was based on the BBC television program Steptoe and Son.

Steptoe and Son is a British sitcom about a father-and-son rag-and-bone business. They live on Oil Drum Lane, a fictional street in Shepherd's Bush, London
    You can find a bunch of the episodes of that show on YouTube also.

I hope You have continued good weather.

Have a Good Upcoming Holiday 3 day Weekend
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    RogerToo wrote: »
    My poor doggies ... Their very favorite thing in the world is to go out walking with me. We literally hadn't been around our 0.2 mile block for close to two months (granted i was away one of those months). Walked around the block twice today. My dogs were so happy and appreciative! I'm feeling rather glum.

Hi Val
    I'm not sure why making Your dogs happy is making You glum? Color me puzzled :)

Hopefully this is the start of better things
    Roger

I was trying to relay that I have been disappointing my dogs...that thought makes me sad.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    (Re: Roger's list) I love Ellery Queen...i have the Dvd set.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees out the door, Today I did 8,880 Steps 8 steps shy of four 8s :)

I walked up to the bank yesterday afternoon after the Mailman came by. It was OK walking up, for some reason on the return I felt the warmth of the sun and day much worse. I ended up over 12K steps for the day.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime Sunday and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    RogerToo wrote: »
    My poor doggies ... Their very favorite thing in the world is to go out walking with me. We literally hadn't been around our 0.2 mile block for close to two months (granted i was away one of those months). Walked around the block twice today. My dogs were so happy and appreciative! I'm feeling rather glum.

Hi Val
    I'm not sure why making Your dogs happy is making You glum? Color me puzzled :)

Hopefully this is the start of better things
    Roger

I was trying to relay that I have been disappointing my dogs...that thought makes me sad.

Hi Val
    I guess I missed that, sorry.
    (Re: Roger's list) I love Ellery Queen...i have the Dvd set.

Hi Again
    I liked that TV show too.

The Radio show I listened to was nothing like the TV show. The format was a really short puzzle with Four Authors coming up for reasons for the puzzle. One for example was where a shabbily dressed man goes into a jeweler and asks for a watch, The Counter person shows a $2,000 watch and the man offers $1. The Counter person refuses and the owner comes out and says sell it for $1. The question was why did he take the offer. Four different answer were given by the four authors.

Have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Good Morning,

Pretty awesome on doing 12k Roger! That is a lot of steps!

Way to leave us hanging on that puzzle above, I would like to know the end!

Thanks for the heads up on the 40%, that is quite a savings I can use!

Hope your weather Sunday is not too bad. I am calling my step-mom today to see how she fared as S.C. has no power in the midlands, though the tornados were not by her. Hopefully fine.

I like weight watchers ice cream, though the toffee bars have changed. The chocolate now goes down only half way, and left the exposed ice cream with a very funny freezer taste. I do not know if I got an old box, but it was not good, and I have not bought them since. I used to love them. I just do not want to buy a second box to see! :/

Take care, hope the weather is not too bad. Jan

• RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Good Morning,

Pretty awesome on doing 12k Roger! That is a lot of steps!

Way to leave us hanging on that puzzle above, I would like to know the end!

Thanks for the heads up on the 40%, that is quite a savings I can use!

Hope your weather Sunday is not too bad. I am calling my step-mom today to see how she fared as S.C. has no power in the midlands, though the tornados were not by her. Hopefully fine.

I like weight watchers ice cream, though the toffee bars have changed. The chocolate now goes down only half way, and left the exposed ice cream with a very funny freezer taste. I do not know if I got an old box, but it was not good, and I have not bought them since. I used to love them. I just do not want to buy a second box to see! :/

Take care, hope the weather is not too bad. Jan
    Hi Jan
    I used a 40% off NS Gift card on top of the offers 40% which made it a pretty good deal to me.

Sorry I should have said what they came up with. I can remember two of the reasons :)
    1. The person offering the $1 was using a coin and the owner being a coin collector recognized it as a Very Valuable Rare $1 coin.
    2. The Owner had a $2000 bet with a friend that he would not sell something like that watch at a large loss. He figured out that the person offering $1 was working for his friend and that by selling for a Dollar his out of pocket would be $1999 and the bet was for $2000 :)

I can see why You would not want to risk buying more, they are not cheap. FWIW I also like the NS Chocolate Brownie Sundae.
    As for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie, when I tried Microwaving it after it was defrosted it was better :)

Have You noticed that the way the Product descriptions functions have changed when You order from them, Now You view what the users reviewing them said :) For example a review of the that Brownie saysI agree with everyone. After you thaw it you MUST microwave it 10 to 15seconds or its going to be really dry. I didn't like it until after I microwaved it. It should be listed as instructions.

Hopefully Your Mom is fine
    Roger

P.S. I'm at 10,500 steps as of 6PM
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 degrees out the door 2 degrees cooler than yesterday, Today I have 7,886 Steps :) I ended up over 10K steps for the yesterday.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime today and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds. Personally I suspect nothing happening here as this mornings weather report showed the rain off of the coast so I turned on the water to the drip hoses in the garden. While I was out there on the return I picked some more Juicy, tasty Raspberries and enjoyed them on the spot.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Before I forget to mention it the NS Chocolate Brownie Sundae while tasty is not to big.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 degrees out the door, Today 7.5K Steps + 11 cents I found Yesterday.

Hermine has caused zero problems for my area proving that weather-casting is still a less than 100% accurate science :)

Have a Great Labor Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi!

If we don't get some rain down here, I might need to do a weather dance! While that would be good for exercise, probably not something one would want to witness, lol!

Better a poor forecast to the good than a deluge! I am glad the storm had no to minimal effects. I have not caught my step-mom yet, but I am assuming she is fine, and had not plugged in her phone. I did not see her house on the local news from Columbia, S.C. on the computer! I will try again today.

Always appreciate the advice on NS products! I usually agree with you, so it helps to have you try first, especially if you are not impressed! My favorites are still the Italian selections, They taste the best to me, and I surely would not be fixing a portion that size if left to my own devices!

Happily I have still lost, though I am having a hungry period. I am eating a little more protein for snacks, hopefully that will do the trick! Watering again big time today, I can tell by my water bill. Not enormous, but creeping upwards, no breaks here!

Take care. Jan B)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jan
    I Have to say, Congratulations on another 2 pounds gone.

I like most of the Italian foods too. I am having the Shelf Stable Thick Crust Pizza Tonight for Dinner, I used up the last of my Italian Herb Flatbread Pizza recently. Last week I had two different Frozen NS Pizzas too :) Those would be the Chicken & Bacon Ranch Pizza and the Margherita Pizza, I like them better since the repackage and possibly reformulation. I think I have one more of each of the 3 frozen NS Pizzas to last me until the next order date near the end of the month.

I am waiting for my A La Carte order to ship and arrive so I can try the Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce :)

I think they have reformulated the Breakfast Double Chocolate Muffin. That is my take on why the old one showed Discontinued and a new one appeared next to it to be ordered instead. Either that or a different manufacturer or both of those reasons. I will have to remember to pull one out of the cupboard and compare it to what the Website shows for the new one.

I agree, I prefer the weather to be better than forecast rather worse :)

Good Luck with getting some rain
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 74 degrees out the door 11 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time of day, however it was not uncomfortable as the humidity is OK and there was a gentle breeze most likely courtesy of Hermine, Today 7.5K Steps.

Hermine has caused no problems for my area except that today has more clouds and a nice breeze :) According to the weather report I saw at 5:40 today is Hermines closest approach which would be not to good except that it has weakened at the same time.

I hope everybody had a Great Labor Day
    Roger