100+ to Lose Support Group Permanent Thread(Everyone is welcome)

Replies

• hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    It's only 4:30pm here, but so far do good. When I eat grapefruit, i peel it like an orange and eat the sections. Mid-morning I had plain oatmeal (no salt, milk, or sugar). Lunch was a NS pizza w onions. Now, im munching on bell pepper. Only beverages have been water or unsweetened tea. When i have some Sugar and salt ...I crave and seek out more sugar and salt. I've never had the habit of adding them to foods...but processed foods certainly have them! Happy Saturday to all!
  • hope4change_val
    I hope it was just sugar-withdrawal, but i had an incapacitating headache yesterday afternoon-night. It's lessened now 2am). I'd prefer it leave.
  • hope4change_val
    Lost more than five pounds of water since yesterday.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 80 degrees out the door, actually 79.7, slightly warmer than yesterday for the same time of day. It was not comfortable as the humidity is still high, I did work up somewhat of a sweat walking 7,682 steps :(

According to the weather forecast today's high should be a fair bit lower than yesterday. Not currently as the predicted Cold front moves across the state later today lowering temperatures and the Humidity :)

Today's Old Time radio shows while walking was the Continuing Adventure of Sherlock Holmes, Hopalong Cassidy and Gunsmoke. Tomorrow I start with You bet Your Life :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    It's only 4:30pm here, but so far do good. When I eat grapefruit, i peel it like an orange and eat the sections. Mid-morning I had plain oatmeal (no salt, milk, or sugar). Lunch was a NS pizza w onions. Now, im munching on bell pepper. Only beverages have been water or unsweetened tea. When i have some Sugar and salt ...I crave and seek out more sugar and salt. I've never had the habit of adding them to foods...but processed foods certainly have them! Happy Saturday to all!

Hi Val
    That is the way my Brother always ate it too. I should mention that back years ago I seem to remember that the Grapefruit were a lot larger.

I tend to Add Sweetener to my Oatmeal and if it is a unflavored Some Vanilla Extract or Maple Extract for flavoring.

Sugar and Salt have the same effect on me, They trigger a huge craving. As do Pastries and breads. So far the 60 Calorie wraps have been innocuous that way. Today later on for example for my on Plan snack of a SC + PF I will have a Egg Salad made with a large Hard Boiled Egg, Some Light Mayo and No Sugar Added Sweet Relish, 0 Calories for the Relish, On one of the Whole Wheat Wraps.

I tried a Eating Right Frozen Entree last night and today the scale tells me I am retaining some water. Something I already figured from the overnight hours. I find that High Sodium or high Carbs make me retain water FWIW.
    I hope it was just sugar-withdrawal, but i had an incapacitating headache yesterday afternoon-night. It's lessened now 2am). I'd prefer it leave.
    Interesting as last night I had a headache, Not as bad as Yours and not bad enough to make sleep elude me either.
    Lost more than five pounds of water since yesterday.
    Hi Again
    I did notice that one the My Home Page :)

Congratulations I find that I go for two days and then down over a couple of days. I wish I had that big a drop from losing water, mine is more gradual :(

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Breakfast today was baked eggplant. I feel so much better without that water retention...that's almost a gallon...and I'm only 5'5". That was scary ... But apparently I needed that cleat of a wake up call.
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Hi All!

Rain, Rain. The skies opened and we had a deluge. So thankful- and the earth and birds are happy!

Good insights, Val! I noticed the drop you had myself! I know your body felt that, too! That is just awesome!

Thank you for the great recipes, Roger! They all look wonderful! I will try them soon, they will be great to take for pot luck at church.

During all my years dieting, my body would crave chips and pancakes and syrup. That is the salt and sugar that became bad for us. Who knew back then, as we know now! Cravings... I am thankful for healthier options and whole wheat pancakes and sugar free syrup! I love some of the Atkins dinners for a change, though a little high in calories and sodium at times, they are filling and satisfying.The beef medallions are good.

I bought some great purple grapes and red pears, they looked great and fall like! Still thundering with weather out of Mississippi for tonite yet. One happy camper here, lol.

I watched some of the 9/11 remembrances today. A day I will not forget.....

Keep up the good work all!!! Jan :)
  • hope4change_val
    Day 2 - ate well and walked around the mall w my kid. I made the best cauliflower soup ever! That's Em's least favorite veggie, but even she admitted it was tasty. Good night!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees This morning a nice change from yesterdays 80 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable a with a large drop in humidity too, I wlakes 8k steps.

I see more Raspberries that still need to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen.

I need to get out to Walmart, Not until after I get to the bank and refill my on hand money which will most likely happen Thursday, Then Friday I am thinking of going to get a haircut so Maybe Saturday. I want to get a few Long sleeve shirts now that cooler weather is approaching. I could probably get by using the Sweatshirts I used last Winter, However They would be handy as we transition between Summer and Winter when I get out walking.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Breakfast today was baked eggplant. I feel so much better without that water retention...that's almost a gallon...and I'm only 5'5". That was scary ... But apparently I needed that cleat of a wake up call.

Hi Val
    I see another .3 pounds lost too :)

Yesterday my Brother gifted a neighbor with the last Quart of the Home made Potato & Leek Soup he made the other day and 1/4 of the latest Eggplant Parmigiana.
    Day 2 - ate well and walked around the mall w my kid. I made the best cauliflower soup ever! That's Em's least favorite veggie, but even she admitted it was tasty. Good night!

The Potato & Leek Soup my Brother made was tasty when I sampled it, However between the Potatoes, milk & half & half in it I figured it could be a little high in carbs and calories :)

I like Cauliflower, Raw or cooked.

I bet You do feel better with that water loss
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi All!

Rain, Rain. The skies opened and we had a deluge. So thankful- and the earth and birds are happy!

Good insights, Val! I noticed the drop you had myself! I know your body felt that, too! That is just awesome!

Thank you for the great recipes, Roger! They all look wonderful! I will try them soon, they will be great to take for pot luck at church.

During all my years dieting, my body would crave chips and pancakes and syrup. That is the salt and sugar that became bad for us. Who knew back then, as we know now! Cravings... I am thankful for healthier options and whole wheat pancakes and sugar free syrup! I love some of the Atkins dinners for a change, though a little high in calories and sodium at times, they are filling and satisfying.The beef medallions are good.

I bought some great purple grapes and red pears, they looked great and fall like! Still thundering with weather out of Mississippi for tonite yet. One happy camper here, lol.

I watched some of the 9/11 remembrances today. A day I will not forget.....

Keep up the good work all!!! Jan :)

Hi Jan
    I wish the skies would open up here so i could save on the water bill from watering the garden.

So far everybody that has tried the Bake Beans likes them and they should be Good for a potluck too. I seem to recall You mentioned the Pastrami recipe hence why that is there.

I had a Cheddar Bacon Chicken Entree, 200 calories, 570 mg sodium, 12 carb and 23g protein Lean Cuisine recently that was delicious, I save the boxes when that happens so i can refer to them for my shopping list. I also picked up a Eating Right for Healthy Living brand Chicken with Peanut Sauce with Whole Wheat Linguini in a Thai Inspired Peanut Sauce, 270 Calories, 570mg Sodium, 29g Carbs and 23g Protein that was so good. I got then Both at the Local Acme.

It is a good time of year fro fresh Fruits :)

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    Good morning Jan and Roger. I'm glad to be back on the wagon. Sad about my backslide but that's done and time to move forward. I miss being able to tie my shoes without effort. I look forward to that again. My kid and honerary kid are kind and supportive. Neither loves me more or less whatever my weight is; both just want me to be happy in my own skin...I'm grateful for that support and acceptance. I'm also grateful fir you two too! Not rejecting me while i was off course and welcoming me when I got back up again. Thank you! Val
  • Buttons61
    edited September 2016
    Hi!

It is so good to hear from you too Val! I am sure I can say we are both thrilled at your progress! After a lifetime of eating for comfort, there are times when we will slide. It is how you react afterwards that is the key. It is always helpful to me because we understand how hard a task it can be. People and Dr.s do not realize the stress that comes when they are just not interested in food or eating and it is not a problem. It is hard work, but so worth it! Especially when you can feel your body being healed! :)

Roger, my water bill was getting up there! We had another 3/8 inch of rain early this am. I will happily take what I can get! It is about time to wind down here anyway. It is always deceiving because the days are still hot. That is why we tend to be surprised when winter seems to hit out of nowhere! I like wearing flip flops in the winter though! We can do that here and in Fla. lol! We don't have Acme here. Wish we did! Sounds like a savings!

Keep up the good work, all! Jan
  • hope4change_val
    Im having a major sugar craving right now. I'm full from my healthy lunch. Trying to wait it out and stay focused on my work.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning Jan and Roger. I'm glad to be back on the wagon. Sad about my backslide but that's done and time to move forward. I miss being able to tie my shoes without effort. I look forward to that again. My kid and honerary kid are kind and supportive. Neither loves me more or less whatever my weight is; both just want me to be happy in my own skin...I'm grateful for that support and acceptance. I'm also grateful fir you two too! Not rejecting me while i was off course and welcoming me when I got back up again. Thank you! Val

Hi Val
    There is a slim chance I am wrong, however I suspect that there is nobody on the entire forum trying to lose weight that does not slip up sometimes. The trick is to get right back at it. I know what You mean, I am so happy that I can now bend down and tie/untie my shoelaces. I used to have to sit on the edge of the bed and let it hold my leg up while I tied the shoelaces.
    Im having a major sugar craving right now. I'm full from my healthy lunch. Trying to wait it out and stay focused on my work.

Hi Again
    I am not sure that Sugar cravings ever leave us entirely. If I have one towards evening I will change up my dinner plans and have a bowl of cereal that is a bit larger than the Breakfast size to meet Dinner specs and use enough bit of the sweetener I bought in the big box at CostCo and that usually works as I can dial in the sweetness :)

I should mention that I have 6 or 7 different cereals in stock currently and I will be switching back to them for Breakfast in a couple of days.

Good Luck beating down the craving
    Roger
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi!

It is so good to hear from you too Val! I am sure I can say we are both thrilled at your progress! After a lifetime of eating for comfort, there are times when we will slide. It is how you react afterwards that is the key. It is always helpful to me because we understand how hard a task it can be. People and Dr.s do not realize the stress that comes when they are just not interested in food or eating and it is not a problem. It is hard work, but so worth it! Especially when you can feel your body being healed! :)

Roger, my water bill was getting up there! We had another 3/8 inch of rain early this am. I will happily take what I can get! It is about time to wind down here anyway. It is always deceiving because the days are still hot. That is why we tend to be surprised when winter seems to hit out of nowhere! I like wearing flip flops in the winter though! We can do that here and in Fla. lol! We don't have Acme here. Wish we did! Sounds like a savings!

Keep up the good work, all! Jan

Hi Jan
    Mu neighbor quit watering his lawn last year when the water bill went over $100 for one month. Here in NJ they hit is for utility usage and then separate charge for a delivery charge so there is no way to get the bill to zero unless You disconnect.

Eating healthy is definitely harder and more expensive than eating junk foods :)

TBH Acme is not necessarily the cheapest unless You look at the weekly circular and only buy on sale items and then only if You need them. They do have 10 for $10 sales on assorted Mix and match items that help.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • hope4change_val
    I ate well today! Successfully navigated that sugar craving.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 59.8 Degrees This morning a minor change from yesterdays 58 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable and I walked 8.4+k steps.

I am still waiting for more Raspberries to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen. I have turned on the water to the Drip Hoses in the Garden as we have had more days with no rain and tomorrow the forecast is for very little if any. According to the weather forecast I just watched we have had half of our normal rainfall this summer :(
    Tomorrow is Market Day for some Fruits, Bananas and whatever looks good to take advantage of the 10% discount since I am cheap, er Frugal :) I have plenty of the Light & Fit Greek Yogurt on hand so need to look at that. The Sliced Commercial Turkey that I had pulled out of the freezer thinking it was the Home Roasted does appear to have been loaded with sodium as I has feared as I have some water retention caused weight since Yesterday. I said to heck with it and threw the rest of it away, Approximately 2+ ounces and will pull some that I know is home roasted for tomorrows usage.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I ate well today! Successfully navigated that sugar craving.

Hi Val
    Congratulations on navigating the craving Minefield :)
    As You can see the sodium got me despite being 100% on plan otherwise and since the Turkey came from leftovers at a meeting via my brother I had no way to look it up, oh well :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Hi All,

It is good to pay attention to the things that trigger our body's reactions so we do not take extra blame on us emotionally. It is just amazing how our body can fight us, or heal us. I finally went thru the fridge and got rid of some items that were still okay, but I felt they had been in there too long. With just myself I often do not eat them fast enough. I miss my yogurt as I have cut back on that because the Dr said my calcium was too high. Who knew!

Back to watering today, I think I will thin a few things out so I can enjoy the fall a bit. And not get caught for winter! Fall at my house is early this year, I drove north about 25 miles yesterday, and they are still green. They had more rain longer than I have.

Looking for a great day with more exercise! Thanks for being inspirational guys! Jan :)

P.S. I would faint if I had a hundred dollar water bill! :D
  • hope4change_val
    Thank you both for all your encouragement and support. Aiming to make this another goog eating day!