Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi all. There seemed to be a few less kids than last year, but it was a school/work night. It was still probably close to 100. The little ones are so cute. :) We only have a few pieces of candy left (besides the bag hubs is returning!)
    For right now I am just doing free swimming, not a class. It's been a little overpopulated and often have to share a lane which is not as good as when you can have a lane to yourself. But all in all, I enjoy swimming when I can go at my own pace.
    Roger, it's cooler here too...but supposed to warm up tomorrow and Thursday before cooling off again. I have a pair of those socks with the traction on the bottom (souvenir from a medical procedure). Yes, I like those.
    Irene, sorry your knee is hurting. Shouldn't be a problem returning the slippers that don't fit right. Most companies are pretty good about things like that. I used to belong to a Y in NJ and would swim there all the time.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well I haven't walked yet today . I sleep in till 5am so I will be getting out later had to wait up for ups that never came and then of course I couldn't fall a sleep hopefully the package comes today. I was going to go and do some shopping and get my jeep washed but since I have to wait for ups I guess I will just stay home and clean the house my upstairs could use some dusting ( I know shopping sounds so much more fun) but with my knee I don't shop like I use to.Maybe today I will call the ymca and see what they have to offer. well take care hey Jo how are you feeling?
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was showing 52 degrees this morning quite a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9k steps. The forecast high for today is 70.

I need to remove the Halloween decorations today :)

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    slippers were 2 different models
    Hi Irene
    Thank You, that shows the difference styling can make in fit.
    forgot to tell you we found 28 cents this morning

Whee, You are doing better than I, it has been a while since I found any money :(
    good morning, well I haven't walked yet today . I sleep in till 5am so I will be getting out later had to wait up for ups that never came and then of course I couldn't fall a sleep hopefully the package comes today. I was going to go and do some shopping and get my jeep washed but since I have to wait for ups I guess I will just stay home and clean the house my upstairs could use some dusting ( I know shopping sounds so much more fun) but with my knee I don't shop like I use to.Maybe today I will call the ymca and see what they have to offer. well take care hey Jo how are you feeling?

I believe You will get some walking in today :)
    Didn't You have a UPS Tracking Number You can check? I hope it comes today.

Cleaning does not sound like fun either

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all. There seemed to be a few less kids than last year, but it was a school/work night. It was still probably close to 100. The little ones are so cute. :) We only have a few pieces of candy left (besides the bag hubs is returning!)
    For right now I am just doing free swimming, not a class. It's been a little overpopulated and often have to share a lane which is not as good as when you can have a lane to yourself. But all in all, I enjoy swimming when I can go at my own pace.
    Roger, it's cooler here too...but supposed to warm up tomorrow and Thursday before cooling off again. I have a pair of those socks with the traction on the bottom (souvenir from a medical procedure). Yes, I like those.
    Irene, sorry your knee is hurting. Shouldn't be a problem returning the slippers that don't fit right. Most companies are pretty good about things like that. I used to belong to a Y in NJ and would swim there all the time.
    Jo, hope you're feeling better.
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    If You hand out Money like we do, No returns needed :)

I think we had more kids than last year and fewer than two years ago. I suspect the weather is a factor too. We could have had more but after a period of none we closed up shop before the High Schoolers started coming around.

Funny You should mention that source, That is the same source Mom used too :)

Today has already started out warmer, more comfortable walking too

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Body flow class this morning....it's getting harder and harder.
    You all are doing great with the walking. Good luck with the Y, Irene. Classes can be fun, and you meet new people.
    I'm comfortable with giving out candy for Halloween. We don't mind taking the extra back.
    Acupuncture this afternoon. So far, I've been feeling more relaxed in the evening after, and then sleep better for a couple of nights. I'll take that. :)
    I've pretty much switched from salads to soups for lunch. Experimenting with soup recipes.
    So far my fave is a simple butternut squash soup. Lentil is pretty good too.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    We didn't have any trick or treaters. I only bought one bag of candy, so hubby will eat it.
    Vix-In my store if any thing is returned whether it is opened or not, we have to throw it away.
    Once something leaves the store it is considered no good. Homemade soup sounds good.
    Irene-the cyst is going down and doesn't look as red, so the antibiotics are doing their job.
    My ear is still blocked and I couldn't get an appointment until Nov.23.
    Roger-LLBean will give you a replacement if you have the receipt. If not they will pro-rate the item and give you a gift card. I returned a sweatshirt that the zipper broke. I have it for quite a few years. They didn't have the color that I wanted, so they gave me a gift card. It was a work sweatshirt and I needed black and they didn't make it in black any more.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

• eku0
    Jo, glad the cyst is going down. That's a long time to wait for an ear appt.
    Our Walmart will take returns on unopened bags of candy. (Thank goodness!) It was just purchased 2 days before, still in the store bag too, so I don't think they would throw it out. But I can understand the reasoning behind that.
    Have a good night. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 57 degrees this morning a bit warmer than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 13.9k steps. The forecast high for today is in the 70s. The steps are high as I went back out to go to the bank that opens at 9AM :)

I picked a handful of Raspberries this morning after my walk. It seems that the frost has not hurt them that way sop far. They are the only thing left growing in the garden now.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Body flow class this morning....it's getting harder and harder.
    You all are doing great with the walking. Good luck with the Y, Irene. Classes can be fun, and you meet new people.
    I'm comfortable with giving out candy for Halloween. We don't mind taking the extra back.
    Acupuncture this afternoon. So far, I've been feeling more relaxed in the evening after, and then sleep better for a couple of nights. I'll take that. :)
    I've pretty much switched from salads to soups for lunch. Experimenting with soup recipes.
    So far my fave is a simple butternut squash soup. Lentil is pretty good too.

Hi Vix
    I'm sorry to hear that the Body Flow is getting harder.

I wonder how sweet potatoes would taste as a soup?
    My Brother is thinking about making a sweet potato pie since we harvested so many.
    Jo, glad the cyst is going down. That's a long time to wait for an ear appt.
    Our Walmart will take returns on unopened bags of candy. (Thank goodness!) It was just purchased 2 days before, still in the store bag too, so I don't think they would throw it out. But I can understand the reasoning behind that.

I tend to let a Cyst heal itself. I do put a large BandAid over it to protect against it being irritated and that seems to help it heal without a doctor visit :) Even if I do not have to pay for the doctor visit I do have to pat part of a prescription.

If I said it is not taking back unopened candies so much as eating partially used packages :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    We didn't have any trick or treaters. I only bought one bag of candy, so hubby will eat it.
    Vix-In my store if any thing is returned whether it is opened or not, we have to throw it away.
    Once something leaves the store it is considered no good. Homemade soup sounds good.
    Irene-the cyst is going down and doesn't look as red, so the antibiotics are doing their job.
    My ear is still blocked and I couldn't get an appointment until Nov.23.
    Roger-LLBean will give you a replacement if you have the receipt. If not they will pro-rate the item and give you a gift card. I returned a sweatshirt that the zipper broke. I have it for quite a few years. They didn't have the color that I wanted, so they gave me a gift card. It was a work sweatshirt and I needed black and they didn't make it in black any more.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I wonder if My brother has the receipt since The Moccasins were a Christmas gift :)

I can understand why they would throw it out, who knows if it was tampered with, Not all tampering can be detected.

I'm sorry to hear You had no one for the candy on Halloween, Some of (Most) of the costumes were pretty good.

Have a nice day
    Roger

P.S. I agree with Vix, That is a long time to wait for an appointment.
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, went to pt this morning then stopped off at one of our parks to get some steps in and then I had some shopping to do so I do have in 6751 steps so far today I am sure I will be taking Annie for an afternoon walk. Roger I would give ll bean a call and ask I am sure they will work with you.
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Good job getting all that walking in. :)
    Roger, I've never tried making sweet potato soup....I love sweet potatoes though. Plain, or great in mixed roasted veggies. Sweet potato soup would probably be delicious!
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene and Roger-Nice job on getting your steps in.
    Vix-Is body flow like Yoga? I have really been slacking in the exercise dept. I just can't seem to get motivated.
    It is a little humid today. We are supposed to get rain later tonight. Hubby and I are going to do early voting this afternoon. Our town hall is open until 7 tonight.
    My sister from Florida is coming next Tuesday to stay with me for a week. Her grandson is getting married on Nov.12.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    hi all, went to pt this morning then stopped off at one of our parks to get some steps in and then I had some shopping to do so I do have in 6751 steps so far today I am sure I will be taking Annie for an afternoon walk. Roger I would give ll bean a call and ask I am sure they will work with you.

Hi Irene
    I plan to call them, first I need to speak to my brother and see if he has the receipt.

The helpful things You learn on the forums :) I had not thought to call FitBit when the first one went bad, Luckily it was still under warranty and they replaced it.

Congratulations on the steps.
    Roger

Hi all.
    Good job getting all that walking in. :)
    Roger, I've never tried making sweet potato soup....I love sweet potatoes though. Plain, or great in mixed roasted veggies. Sweet potato soup would probably be delicious!

Hi Vix
    I did Microwave one for lunch in place of a SC which is usually a Apple this time of year.
    I ate it plain and it was still tasty.
    I suspect that if You like Butternut squash soup You would like it too.

Have a nice Evening
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Irene and Roger-Nice job on getting your steps in.
    Vix-Is body flow like Yoga? I have really been slacking in the exercise dept. I just can't seem to get motivated.
    It is a little humid today. We are supposed to get rain later tonight. Hubby and I are going to do early voting this afternoon. Our town hall is open until 7 tonight.
    My sister from Florida is coming next Tuesday to stay with me for a week. Her grandson is getting married on Nov.12.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I suspect that the forecast rain will be light to non existent here.

I Worry about my walking as I get antsy to get going in the morning :)

I am not a fan of early voting, I suspect that is because I am a conservative type that does not like things changing?

I plan to go vote Tuesday morning on my way out to get my morning coffee. The Polling places open at 6AM so that will work for me.

Have a Nice night
    Roger
  • eku0
    Jo, body flow is a combination of tai chi, yoga, and pilates. I think if I didn't go to the gym, I probably wouldn't exercise much either. That sounds like fun that your sister is coming to visit. :)
    Roger, I usually eat my sweet potatoes plain. Pop 'em in the microwave and then slice them up.
    I could have voted early, we were in Westminster today, that is where our early voting is (at the Sr. center), but I'd rather vote on election day too....it's the first time at my new location, and I'd like to see how it goes here. It's at an elementary school about 5 minutes from our house. At our old house it was also an elementary school about 5 minutes away. It was always pleasant and easy enough.
    My husband asked his 101 year old mother if she was voting early, to which she gave an emphatic "NO". Then he asked if his sister was going to drive her over (the school is about a block and a half from her house), and she again gave an emphatic "NO....I'm going to walk!"
    So I'm hoping for nice weather for her.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I walked with George and Annie this morning so I got my steps up to 8631 I should hit 10 k easy today. I only have 2 more weeks of pt left which I am looking forward to it being over I think I can do most of it on my own. Today it is shoprite , cleaners for a pick up and walmart .We just got an super walmart they have food so what I can't find at shoprite I can get at walmart. I haven't called ymca yet I did go on line and they do have aqua calles in the morning so I need to look into it more. It is either joining a gym or ymca need to see what each has to offer. George and I always votes together we will go at lunch time he gets an hour off so that always works for us. Vix good for your mother in law wow 101 I am impressed. Jo hope everything is good with you. Roger I am the same way I don't like too many changes. Take care all
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Wow, you're doing great, Irene. Sounds like a busy day ahead.
    Off to zumba class this morning, and I have several errands to run today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was showing 54 degrees this morning a bit cooler than yesterday for the same time, I walked today for 9,590 steps. I stopped at the Grocery Store and picked up some Bananas for Sunday through Wednesday morning and 2 Black Plums. The Bananas I picked out are a little green and I did that so I could use the last one from my last purchase tomorrow while they start to ripen up.

I saw a similar sign while walking :)

y8or42dlya7q.jpg

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Jo, body flow is a combination of tai chi, yoga, and pilates. I think if I didn't go to the gym, I probably wouldn't exercise much either. That sounds like fun that your sister is coming to visit. :)
    Roger, I usually eat my sweet potatoes plain. Pop 'em in the microwave and then slice them up.
    I could have voted early, we were in Westminster today, that is where our early voting is (at the Sr. center), but I'd rather vote on election day too....it's the first time at my new location, and I'd like to see how it goes here. It's at an elementary school about 5 minutes from our house. At our old house it was also an elementary school about 5 minutes away. It was always pleasant and easy enough.
    My husband asked his 101 year old mother if she was voting early, to which she gave an emphatic "NO". Then he asked if his sister was going to drive her over (the school is about a block and a half from her house), and she again gave an emphatic "NO....I'm going to walk!"
    So I'm hoping for nice weather for her.

Hi Vix
    I was sort of wondering myself what Body Flow was :)

I have no plans to ever vote early myself, Does that mean I'm turning into a old stuck in the past Fuddy Duddy?
    I plan to stop at the Polling place on my way to get my morning coffee on election day. It will be interesting to see how many people are there and have already voted by the time I get there. I an guessing around 6:35 to 6:45 I should be there.

I may have mentioned this before?
    During my walking I have seen a few Trump signs and Zero (0) Hillary signs. Most of what I do see are all for local elections and even they seem to be late showing up this year.
    Good morning.
    Wow, you're doing great, Irene. Sounds like a busy day ahead.
    Off to zumba class this morning, and I have several errands to run today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

I agree Irene is doing great.

Zumba and errands, Busy, Busy :)

Have a great Day too
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I walked with George and Annie this morning so I got my steps up to 8631 I should hit 10 k easy today. I only have 2 more weeks of pt left which I am looking forward to it being over I think I can do most of it on my own. Today it is shoprite , cleaners for a pick up and walmart .We just got an super walmart they have food so what I can't find at shoprite I can get at walmart. I haven't called ymca yet I did go on line and they do have aqua calles in the morning so I need to look into it more. It is either joining a gym or ymca need to see what each has to offer. George and I always votes together we will go at lunch time he gets an hour off so that always works for us. Vix good for your mother in law wow 101 I am impressed. Jo hope everything is good with you. Roger I am the same way I don't like too many changes. Take care all

Hi Irene
    Congratulations, It sounds like You are steadily improving.

I like the local ShopRite, I just wish they were closer to home so I could walk there and back :)

I could drive to a Walmart that has foods, however they do not have produce in the ones by me, I'm not sure why as I though their food sections had Produce?? Hopefully Yours has a full range of products.

I have a suspicion that the YMCA will be less expensive and easier to quit than most Gyms.

I hope I make it to 101 and am that sharp :)

Enjoy Your running around
    Roger