Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    Roger, in my experience a pergo type floor is the easiest to maintain. We had a light color as the last kitchen floor in my old house (after trying many other types of flooring). I have wood floors in my new house...the new wood is not too bad to take care of, but the pergo is tougher.
    Supposed to get really warm out today. Enjoy! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Vix
    From what I have seen on home improvement type shows the better prefinished floors have a really tough surface. The downside of any of them or laminates is they need to be replaced as they can not be resurfaced.

Today started out warmer and is supposed to be warmer here too

Enjoy the day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all , went for a nice walk about 3 miles so far my knee is good went real slow so maybe that is the answer.The weather is nice today
  • eku0
    Roger, we got Pergo XP in our basement here and I think it had a lifetime warranty, ah here it is "Lifetime limited residential, 10-year limited light commercial warranty against wear, staining and fading "...anyway, we figured it would probably outlast us. Home Depot had a sale on the flooring and included a sale on installation. But you're right...they can't be resurfaced. Floors are hard to choose because you will have to live with it for a long time and they are expensive, so my advice is to get something you really like. :)
  • RogerToo
    hi all , went for a nice walk about 3 miles so far my knee is good went real slow so maybe that is the answer.The weather is nice today

Hi Irene
    I am happy that Your knee is good after 3 miles, Yea!

The weather is unbelievable, sadly Halloween will be cooler, to bad for the kids and their costumes.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, we got Pergo XP in our basement here and I think it had a lifetime warranty, ah here it is "Lifetime limited residential, 10-year limited light commercial warranty against wear, staining and fading "...anyway, we figured it would probably outlast us. Home Depot had a sale on the flooring and included a sale on installation. But you're right...they can't be resurfaced. Floors are hard to choose because you will have to live with it for a long time and they are expensive, so my advice is to get something you really like. :)

Hi Vix
    Thank You for that information, much appreciated.

There is one of the questions we need to decide, do it ourselves or have it done. A Tough Decision.

That is one reason we are not rushing into it a purchase. We plan to live with it for many, many years :)

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    It was a lot warmer today than yesterday. We went to the Harvard natural history museum and the Peabody museum at Harvard University, then came home to watch the football game.
    Irene-I think going slowly is the key to keeping your knee from hurting.
    Vix-Did you enjoy the restaurant?
    Roger-we have a lamanite floor in our kitchen and if you drop anything on it it makes litttle dings

• eku0
    Hi all...
    Jo...hmmmm....my laminate floor didn't do that. Guess we lucked out with the one we bought.
    The restaurant was nice. In an odd place in Baltimore, but it was big and busy. The food was all relatively local, so very fresh. I had baked trout from PA. Hubs had a MD steak. They even made the drinks from local distilleries, wineries, breweries and farms. Interesting. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning, I went for another walk a little sore but plan on putting heat on it and it will feel better. Vix your meal sounds nice. No big plans for today I do need to go ups and pick up my package from llbean ordered new slippers getting 2 pairs I love there slippers nice and warm. We had a pretty big storm last night it rained really hard and of course we had a lot of thunder and lighting Annie was not a happy dog so her and I sat and watched some tv but at least it didn't last too long. As far as floors I have no clue I do know my sister has pergo floor and loves it .
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, sounds like you're building up gradually. Comfy slippers are nice.
    It didn't rain here, though it did cloud over. We're back to cool weather for a couple of days, and then it's supposed to get warm just for Wednesday and Thursday...then back to cool/cold.
    Jo, museums are usually fun.
    Roger, interesting about the deer who was walking with you. You must have done something good.
    Swimming for me this morning, then I made a list of things to do this afternoon.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 48 degrees this morning somewhat cooler than yesterday's 60 degrees for the same time, I walked today for 7.7K steps. The forecast high for today is 56. We had Thunderstorms roll through Yesterday twice with a short break in-between and short lived heavy rain and some wind.

Yesterday when I returned from walking I browsed through the Garden area and picked a few small Raspberries, There may be a few more that will ripen as they are almost there. I also picked the last of the Green Beans. The rest of the garden is done and the leaves on the Fig Trees are curling from the previous frost.

soa7jx2buurg.gif

Have a Great Halloween
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    It was a lot warmer today than yesterday. We went to the Harvard natural history museum and the Peabody museum at Harvard University, then came home to watch the football game.
    Irene-I think going slowly is the key to keeping your knee from hurting.
    Vix-Did you enjoy the restaurant?
    Roger-we have a lamanite floor in our kitchen and if you drop anything on it it makes litttle dings
    Hi Joanne
    That is my main concern with Wooden floors too, I could see them getting dinged if You drop things on them and I know that does happen with us. OTOH I could see tile getting chipped or cracked too. Little dings could be OK. I look at the current crop of hand scraped floors and wonder why You would want a pre dinged flooring.

Thank You for the feedback
    Roger
    Hi all...
    Jo...hmmmm....my laminate floor didn't do that. Guess we lucked out with the one we bought.
    The restaurant was nice. In an odd place in Baltimore, but it was big and busy. The food was all relatively local, so very fresh. I had baked trout from PA. Hubs had a MD steak. They even made the drinks from local distilleries, wineries, breweries and farms. Interesting. :)
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Local sourced foods is a big trend these days from I have observed, That is one of the things killing off Diners IMO.
    Good morning.
    Irene, sounds like you're building up gradually. Comfy slippers are nice.
    It didn't rain here, though it did cloud over. We're back to cool weather for a couple of days, and then it's supposed to get warm just for Wednesday and Thursday...then back to cool/cold.
    Jo, museums are usually fun.
    Roger, interesting about the deer who was walking with you. You must have done something good.
    Swimming for me this morning, then I made a list of things to do this afternoon.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Lucky You, we had rain and since the free sample Sunday paper seems to have come after I was home and did not get seen until after it was soaked by the rain :(

Your temperatures do sound a lot like what we will be seeing too.

Enjoy Your swim
    Roger
    Good morning, I went for another walk a little sore but plan on putting heat on it and it will feel better. Vix your meal sounds nice. No big plans for today I do need to go ups and pick up my package from llbean ordered new slippers getting 2 pairs I love there slippers nice and warm. We had a pretty big storm last night it rained really hard and of course we had a lot of thunder and lighting Annie was not a happy dog so her and I sat and watched some tv but at least it didn't last too long. As far as floors I have no clue I do know my sister has pergo floor and loves it .

Hi Irene
    Hopefully the heat will do the trick :)

Did You miss the UPS delivery? I am so happy we have an enclosed porch for deliveries. I wear L L Bean Moccasins around the house. My only complaint is that the Faux Fur lining wore out fairly quickly so I wear Socks in them for a better fit.

I believe the first Thunderstorm/rain went through around 5PM and a repeat performance around 7PM.

Another Vote for Pergo, Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi Roger, we did have some rain last night. I didn't even notice!
    scary-halloween-image.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Happy Halloween!
    Roger-were you aware that everything you buy from LL Bean has a lifetime warranty?
    We had a little rain last night but today was sunny and mild.
    I had to go to the Dr. today. I have a cyst on my left arm pit. I have to take an antibiotic and use hot compresses on it. I go back in a week to have it checked. While I was there I had her look at my ear, as it has been blocked. The nurse tried flushing out the wax, but only made it worse. I am now awaiting a call from ENT with an appointment. Never a dull moment.
    Tomorrow is my first day back at work after my vacation.
    Vix--Have you noticed any improvement from the acupuncture?
    Irene-Enjoy your slippers. I usually go barefoot around the house.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Hi Jo...sounds like you need a break. Sorry about your ear, and the cyst sounds painful.
    The acupuncturist told me I probably wouldn't notice anything for 4-6 weeks, though I do feel more relaxed after the visit and sleep better for a couple of days. I'm still having a hard time getting my diet under control, and that is part of it.
    I have a pair of dearfoam slippers for the winter, but they tend to fall off....may just put them in the Purple Heart bag. I'm going to switch to heavy socks or slipper socks, much easier.
    I'm looking forward to the kids coming around...put on my purple striped tights and a black dress, the candy's in a bowl, pumpkin is carved...I'm ready.
    Have a good night. ;)
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Happy Halloween!
    Roger-were you aware that everything you buy from LL Bean has a lifetime warranty?
    We had a little rain last night but today was sunny and mild.
    I had to go to the Dr. today. I have a cyst on my left arm pit. I have to take an antibiotic and use hot compresses on it. I go back in a week to have it checked. While I was there I had her look at my ear, as it has been blocked. The nurse tried flushing out the wax, but only made it worse. I am now awaiting a call from ENT with an appointment. Never a dull moment.
    Tomorrow is my first day back at work after my vacation.
    Vix--Have you noticed any improvement from the acupuncture?
    Irene-Enjoy your slippers. I usually go barefoot around the house.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Actually I was not aware of that regarding L L Bean. I did not expect that footwear would have a lifetime warranty :)

I can feel Your pain with the cyst, I have had that sort of thing previously and did not like it. Good Luck with the Antibiotic, that should take care of it.

I hope the ENT appointment is soon as that must be annoying at best.

Thank You for the Information
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi Jo...sounds like you need a break. Sorry about your ear, and the cyst sounds painful.
    The acupuncturist told me I probably wouldn't notice anything for 4-6 weeks, though I do feel more relaxed after the visit and sleep better for a couple of days. I'm still having a hard time getting my diet under control, and that is part of it.
    I have a pair of dearfoam slippers for the winter, but they tend to fall off....may just put them in the Purple Heart bag. I'm going to switch to heavy socks or slipper socks, much easier.
    I'm looking forward to the kids coming around...put on my purple striped tights and a black dress, the candy's in a bowl, pumpkin is carved...I'm ready.
    Have a good night. ;)

Hi Vix
    Mom always liked the Slipper Socks with the traction surface on the bottom around the house, they kept her feet warm and were light to wear.

I hope Halloween went well
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, just got back from pt knee is really sore now. Stopped by and visit with a friend yesterday after I picked up my package from ups.She was telling me her sister had pain also after her knee replacement so maybe this is normal. I go back to the Drs in like 3 weeks I will ask. Roger I wanted to pick it up so I wouldn't have to wait all night for the package it makes it so much easier, ups is like 5 minutes from my house. I already got a little walk in I have 5751 steps in yesterday I had 11000 steps in that doesn't happen too often. So I got my slippers one is really large it looks like I will have to send them back not sure why they are so big I did check to make sure they are the right size oh well at least I have one pair that fits. Jo sorry you are having a cyst never had any but it sounds like it would hurt. WE had no holloween children last night so I put all the candy in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer I bought the good candy just in case so now when I need cho I have it Vix how was your swim? I am thinking of calling the ymca to see if they have aqua classes that just sounds like so much fun not sure who else would have water classes !
  • RogerToo
    edited November 2016
    Hi
    It is showing 38 degrees this morning 10 degrees cooler than yesterday's 48 degrees for the same time, I walked today for 8.8K steps. The forecast high for today is around 61. Tomorrows high is predicted to be 71 and Thursdays for 73 degrees.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
    good morning, just got back from pt knee is really sore now. Stopped by and visit with a friend yesterday after I picked up my package from ups.She was telling me her sister had pain also after her knee replacement so maybe this is normal. I go back to the Drs in like 3 weeks I will ask. Roger I wanted to pick it up so I wouldn't have to wait all night for the package it makes it so much easier, ups is like 5 minutes from my house. I already got a little walk in I have 5751 steps in yesterday I had 11000 steps in that doesn't happen too often. So I got my slippers one is really large it looks like I will have to send them back not sure why they are so big I did check to make sure they are the right size oh well at least I have one pair that fits. Jo sorry you are having a cyst never had any but it sounds like it would hurt. WE had no Halloween children last night so I put all the candy in a freezer bag and put it in the freezer I bought the good candy just in case so now when I need cho I have it Vix how was your swim? I am thinking of calling the ymca to see if they have aqua classes that just sounds like so much fun not sure who else would have water classes !

Hi Irene
    I know someone that had knee replacements and they had some pain for a while however in the end they were much more pain free and mobile again so it is worth it. It just is not a instant healing process.

I was just curious since the only time I had to go pick something up was at FedEx where they needed a signature and never rang the doorbell as someone was home :(

Congratulations on the step counts. We gave out 50cent coins AKA Kennedy 1/2 dollars. We went through 59 dollars of them. We ended up with 118 Trick or Treaters before we closed up for the night. All were in nice costumes too.

Freezing the candy could help with temptation IMO. FWIW we give out money for three reasons, leftovers never spoil :), No temptation to overeat with them, and carrying on Moms tradition of doing it, we just adjusted up the amount from a quarter to a half dollar.
    Now it is time to de-decorate from Halloween and look for the Thanksgiving window decoration.

FWIW everybody that I know that took swimming as exercise did it at the Y and enjoyed it too.

regarding the slippers, same brand, model and size? That would be weird if so. Good luck with the exchange/return.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    slippers were 2 different models
  • IreneMurman
    forgot to tell you we found 28 cents this morning