Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,Jo happy birthday to you and your husband. Well I caught George's cold so I am going to keep this short going to just take it easy and take some cold medicine and vitamin c
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Irene
    I am so sorry to hear that You are now ill with a cold. I always like a warm soup when I am ill and I take Plenty of Vitamin C which seems to help.

Good Luck, Get well Quick
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
    Irene-I am sorry that you now have the cold. :(
    Roger-Some people go all out for Halloween. :)
    Today I have an appt. at the eye doctor. I haven't has my eyes examined in a couple of years.
    Insurance pays for the exam, it is the darn glasses that are so expensive.
    Also on the agenda is to clean my bedroom. It is the only room left upstairs that I have done.
    Then it is on to the downstairs. It will be so nice to have my fall cleaning done.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Thank you for the birthday wishes. :)
    Irene-I am sorry that you now have the cold. :(
    Roger-Some people go all out for Halloween. :)
    Today I have an appt. at the eye doctor. I haven't has my eyes examined in a couple of years.
    Insurance pays for the exam, it is the darn glasses that are so expensive.
    Also on the agenda is to clean my bedroom. It is the only room left upstairs that I have done.
    Then it is on to the downstairs. It will be so nice to have my fall cleaning done.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am due for a eye exam too... However I am dreading the trip as the eye doctor moved since the last time and they are further away and on a much heavier traveled road. Medicare pays for much of the eye exam too. Glasses is where I wish they helped with the expense too.

Congratulations on getting it done, I really need to start. Now if I could just find the motivation. First on my agenda is getting the rest of the old tile off of the kitchen floor and tightening it up to remove the squeaks!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 52 degrees this morning and sunny, we did have a light rain overnight, not enough to get the ground wet under the trees:) I went walking today for 9,030 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 60s.
    NEWS from Friday
    Human bones found in Wis. haunted house

http://abc7chicago.com/news/human-bones-found-in-wis-haunted-house/1566569/
    Friday, October 21, 2016 11:59AM
    GREEN BAY, Wis. --
    Haunted houses are supposed to be scary.

But, something truly unsettling was found at one in Wisconsin, WFRV-TV reports.

"This right here is where you enter into the hallway and Catacombs room," said Miranda Schutt, social media coordinator. "And then we have the full skeleton here. Upon closer look we realized those are not fake bones."

Two real human skeletons joined Halloween goers as they walked through a room lined with fake skulls.

"When we pulled the caskets out of storage that's when we realized there were skeletons in there," Schutt said.

The two 19th century coffins were donated years ago.

"We don't really know the era of the casket. We are guessing it's maybe from the 1900s, but we do know," one worker said.

And until this season, the caskets had been tucked away in the haunted house storage. That was until this year's remodel of the main haunt near Green Bay prompted Terror on the Fox staff to open up the vintage caskets for the first time.

"They are definitely medical skeletons, I mean, one skeleton is totally intact," Schutt said.

I have been adding a little treat to my daily foods since I am now working at maintenance. Yesterday I had a Extra Black Plum at lunch and mid afternoon I had a snack bag of Lays Potato Chips, 160 calories 170mg sodium and 15g carbs. I had been having a bit of a craving for something salty so those hit the spot.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi all. Back from the mountains...it was great. :)
    Jo and hubby!
    belated-happy-birthday-ak2tqfr8.jpg
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It is 46 degrees this morning and sunny, with a hard freeze forecast for parts of NJ Tonight. I walked today for 8,696 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(

Today's news info :)
    More Information and Pictures by following the link below.
    The ship that saved 7 during 'Perfect Storm' to be sunk off N.J.
    https://www.navytimes.com/articles/the-ship-that-saved-7-during-perfect-storm-to-be-sunk-off-nj
    The USS Zuni survived the submarine-infested waters of the Pacific during World War II as it towed torpedoed warships to safety and aided in the Battle of Iwo Jima.

A half-century later and renamed the Tamaroa, it overcame gale force winds and 40-foot waves to help save seven people off the New England coast, a rescue effort immortalized in the book and film “The Perfect Storm.”

But the Tamaroa could not conquer time.

This ship that has made so much history will soon be sunk off the southern coast of New Jersey to help expand an artificial reef that attracts both scuba divers and anglers. A decade long effort to turn the ship into a museum and memorial was derailed when the Tamaroa’s hull sprung a leak four years ago, causing significant damage to key parts of the ship.

The man who commanded the ship during the 1991 “Perfect Storm” said sinking the Tamaroa is a better outcome than being demolished for scrap metal, a common ending for old service ships.

“It’s always sad when you sink a ship, but some good will come of it,” retired Coast Guard Capt. Larry Brudnicki said. “It’s being repurposed. It’s being used. If it’s cut up, who’s going to know that their razor blade came from the Tamaroa?”

New Jersey and Delaware officials say the 205-foot ship will help expand their joint deepwater reef 25 miles south of Cape May Point by attracting large game fish and aiding the Garden State’s $1.7 billion recreational fishing industry.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all. Back from the mountains...it was great. :)
    Jo and hubby!
    belated-happy-birthday-ak2tqfr8.jpg
    Have a good night, everyone.
    Hi Vix
    You Survived :smile:

Have a great Day Today
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Clay group and getting my hair done today....busy!
    Feel better, Irene!
    Roger, time to get out the winter clothes!
    Hi Jo, sounds like you had a lovely birthday. :)
    The weekend with the family was wonderful. We stayed in most of Saturday in front of the fireplace, playing games, laughing, talking. Sunday the weather was gorgeous and we went to a state park and walked a couple of short trails. I think we will do this again next year, it was a nice break for all of us.
    Have a great day!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    Good morning, I am starting to feel better thanks it is the headache that are bad. All I have been doing is sleeping . Vik your vacation sounds so nice glad you enjoyed yourself . Jo I also need to go to the eye dr but getting new glasses are expensive . My sister actually orders hers on line it is a lot cheaper something to look into sure beats paying 500.00 for glasses.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Vix-welcome back. Sounds like you had a relaxing and fun time. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Roger-I haven't gotten many steps the past couple of days. I guess up and down the ladder and stairs doesn't generate as many steps as walking.
    Irene-I agree glasses are expensive, especially when you need them for distance and reading.
    I have been busy this morning. I have washed the walls in the living room
  • Joanne3366
    shampooed the rug, washed and waxed the floor. I am waiting for the rug to dry, so I can put the room back together. I also made carrot cake muffins for hubby.
    I don't know if it is my computer or this site but I can only seem to type so many lines and then I can't type any more, that is why my post is in two parts.
    Have a good day.
  • eku0
    Irene, glad you're feeling better.
    Jo, you are so industrious...the scrubbing and washing also takes a lot of calories! (Check out cleaning under aerobic exercise on this site.)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Clay group and getting my hair done today....busy!
    Feel better, Irene!
    Roger, time to get out the winter clothes!
    Hi Jo, sounds like you had a lovely birthday. :)
    The weekend with the family was wonderful. We stayed in most of Saturday in front of the fireplace, playing games, laughing, talking. Sunday the weather was gorgeous and we went to a state park and walked a couple of short trails. I think we will do this again next year, it was a nice break for all of us.
    Have a great day!
    Irene, glad you're feeling better.
    Jo, you are so industrious...the scrubbing and washing also takes a lot of calories! (Check out cleaning under aerobic exercise on this site.)

Hi Vix
    They are already out. I have been buying this and that in preparation such as the Electric Hand Warmers.

This week we do seem to be in the deep freeze. Oh well.....
    I had hopes that the good weather would last longer. We had one month of a decent sized Gas & Electric Bill and now that the heat is turned on that will most likely be it until next spring :(

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning, I am starting to feel better thanks it is the headache that are bad. All I have been doing is sleeping . Vik your vacation sounds so nice glad you enjoyed yourself . Jo I also need to go to the eye dr but getting new glasses are expensive . My sister actually orders hers on line it is a lot cheaper something to look into sure beats paying 500.00 for glasses.

Hi Irene
    If You and get to CostCo I understand they have good prices for glasses too.
    7 Things Non-Members Can Get at Costco (Including Cheap Eye Exams!)
    http://www.wisebread.com/7-things-non-members-can-get-at-costco-including-cheap-eye-exams
    Keep in mind that you do need a membership to buy glasses, contact lenses, or hearing aid equipment. Or you can also use the $10 cash card trick shown below...
    4. Buy With a Costco Cash Card

Let's say that after comparing all prices, you found that the flat-screen TV of your dreams is indeed cheaper at Costco by several hundred dollars. Now what?

The way to buy anything on Costco without a membership is with the Costco Cash Card. According to Costco's site, "non-members may use the cash cards to shop at any Costco location in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and online at Costco.com or on Costco.ca."

The tricky part is that you must be a Costco member to purchase or reload cash cards. One way to get around that is to ask a friend or family member with a Costco membership to buy you a $10 prepaid cash card. Some stores may only have $25 cash cards available. Another is to buy a Costco Gift Card online. You can use the cash card to get into Costco and pay for part of your purchase. You can then pay the remaining balance with cash, debit card, or American Express credit card.

Also, cash cards are accepted at Costco gas stations.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    Vix-welcome back. Sounds like you had a relaxing and fun time. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
    Roger-I haven't gotten many steps the past couple of days. I guess up and down the ladder and stairs doesn't generate as many steps as walking.
    Irene-I agree glasses are expensive, especially when you need them for distance and reading.
    I have been busy this morning. I have washed the walls in the living room

Hi Joanne
    I suspect that You will be back to getting in Your steps quickly :)
    shampooed the rug, washed and waxed the floor. I am waiting for the rug to dry, so I can put the room back together. I also made carrot cake muffins for hubby.
    I don't know if it is my computer or this site but I can only seem to type so many lines and then I can't type any more, that is why my post is in two parts.
    Have a good day.

That is a good question, I did not notice that. I wonder if creating the message offline and then pasting it in would work?

Carrot Cake Muffins? Not Cupcakes? Cream Cheese Frosting? Either way they sound delicious.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning. Off to body flow class this morning. It's been darker in the mornings...I guess the clocks will be changing soon. I have my 2nd acupuncture session this afternoon.
    Had a busy day yesterday. I had my hairdresser lighten my haircolor by 1/2 a shade. I like it better. It was looking way too dark.
    It was 32 this morning when I got up....I think this is the first freeze.
    Have a great day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I am working on the dining room and kitchen today.
    Roger-Yes carrot cake muffins and no frosting. The recipe calls for frosting, but we have to cut calories some where. ;)
    Vix-good luck with the acupuncture..
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is showing 42 degrees this morning and it is sunny, OTOH there was frost on the cars. I walked today for 7,995 steps. The forecast high for today is in the 50s :(
    And there is a chance of the first snow of the season in the northwest corner of the state for tomorrow when the rain moves in for the rest of us.

Today's grocery store stop was Bananas, Pears and Black Plums for me and Ground Cinnamon for my brother. He uses it in his Oatmeal and naturally the 10% discount :)

I have seen a similar sight in town while walking, When I went to take a picture the batteries in the camera were dead :( so here is a very similar image from the Internet :)
    PUgwbf.jpg

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Off to body flow class this morning. It's been darker in the mornings...I guess the clocks will be changing soon. I have my 2nd acupuncture session this afternoon.
    Had a busy day yesterday. I had my hairdresser lighten my haircolor by 1/2 a shade. I like it better. It was looking way too dark.
    It was 32 this morning when I got up....I think this is the first freeze.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    According to here
    http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/daylight_saving_time_2016_when_do_the_clocks_fall.html
    It's starting to get colder, which means it's almost the end of Daylight Saving Time and the clocks fall will back an hour.

Every year, DST starts on the second Sunday of March, when the time jumps forward an hour at 2 a.m. DST ends on first Sunday of November. Although it's often referred to as Daylight Savings Time, there is no "s" at the end of saving.

This year the clock falls back at 2 a.m. on Nov. 6, after which the East Coast will return to Eastern Standard Time, EST, after seven months of Eastern Daylight Time, or EDT. It has been almost a decade since the clocks turned back in October.

That means that the weekend before Election day they fall back :)

It is our first frost for fall/winter.

Good Luck with the Acupuncture and enjoy the Body Flow class
    Roger
    Good morning;
    I am working on the dining room and kitchen today.
    Roger-Yes carrot cake muffins and no frosting. The recipe calls for frosting, but we have to cut calories some where. ;)
    Vix-good luck with the acupuncture..
    Hi Joanne
    So true, Not much beyond empty calories in frosting, Good tasting calories but still calories. New Images in humor today too. Feel free to put jokes there too.

I would say have fun today, except that working on two rooms does not sound like fun to me.

Cheers
    Roger