Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well I plan on taking off a couple of days from walking I think I over did it .That and pt so I will go slower but it sure is hard I just want to get up and do things which I can't. Jo glad you had an easier day ,the first day back is always the hardest.Jo my husband is the same way I have the fan on and he is bundled under the covers. I already have the fireplace on it takes the chill out and it just is nice to watch. Roger this year I think I got 2 tomatoes but I did planned them late and the squirrels got most of them so I guess I can say I feed the wild life this summer. One squirrel tried carrying a tomatoes up over my 6 foot fence well it got stuck we had to remove it, but it was funny seeing it there.Maybe next year I will be able to plant more. I have pt at 7 today what is everyone else doing? well take care talk to you later.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Irene-I think taking it easy on the walking is a good idea.
    The squirrels ate all my tomatoes this summer. I think if I plant a garden again I will have to use netting to keep the squirrels out.
    Today my schedule is 1-9. I don't like working this shift, but everyone has to put in a night. :(
    It is 53 here this morning and we are expecting rain.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was in the 50s this morning a change to the warmer from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. long story for another day so I'm siting here drinking my coffee made with a store bought blend of Decaf & Regular coffee. The rest of today's coffee is in a Thermos Bottle From my Brother. Since I had added that to the unused portion of the previous can of coffee I'm going to call it 1/4 Decaf and 3/4 Regular Coffee. For ease of use when I open a can I pour it into the Big can I use to hold it.

Today is not all that bright out and as it approaches 8AM the front porch is only running 53 degrees.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    It's 51 here and sunny at the moment, going up to 69 today.
    Hope you're feeling ok, Roger.
    Jo, I wouldn't like an evening shift either.
    Irene, Pt is good...always important to give yourself enough time to recover.
    Funny, our husbands are the ones who are cold at night. I wear socks when I first go to bed, but pull them off when I get too hot. :)
    I'm off to painting class this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Well, I made it through my first day back at work, luckily it was a slow day. I spent most of it organizing and cleaning.
    After work I went and had my hair done.
    Irene-I hope taking a day off from walking will ease the pain in your knee. It might be a good idea to ease back into walking.
    Vix-Yay for finding a frame. My daughter has been going to thrift stores and picking up frames for some of the photos she has taken.
    Roger-I have not had to turn on the heat. I have been sleeping with the window open a few inches. Of course hubby has an extra blanket on.

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You had a good day at work for a first day back.

I have been running the fan, actually I run it most of the year as a white noise source in the bedroom to mask outside noises and to have a little air circulation. I do like it warmer in the house than My Brother and that means I may be sort of bundled up in the living room when he is sitting there in a T-Shirt and shorts :)

I did feel a need to turn on the heat I was feeling the 60 degree indoors temperature when I was using the computer, It is nigh unto impossible to type and use the mouse with gloves on :) I was able to stay warm doing anything else.
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-I think taking it easy on the walking is a good idea.
    The squirrels ate all my tomatoes this summer. I think if I plant a garden again I will have to use netting to keep the squirrels out.
    Today my schedule is 1-9. I don't like working this shift, but everyone has to put in a night. :(
    It is 53 here this morning and we are expecting rain.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Again, Until I read where You said everyone has to put in a night I thought You meant 1 to nine starting in the afternoon, I'm glad You clarified it.

We were lucky for some reason the Tree Rats stayed away from the Tomatoes and the garden in general. That Might be due to the Basil that inter-planted with the other plants.

Tree rats we have all over the place and sometimes when I go in the shed out back I can hear them run out of it on the shelves up near the roof line.

Have nice day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well I plan on taking off a couple of days from walking I think I over did it .That and pt so I will go slower but it sure is hard I just want to get up and do things which I can't. Jo glad you had an easier day ,the first day back is always the hardest.Jo my husband is the same way I have the fan on and he is bundled under the covers. I already have the fireplace on it takes the chill out and it just is nice to watch. Roger this year I think I got 2 tomatoes but I did planned them late and the squirrels got most of them so I guess I can say I feed the wild life this summer. One squirrel tried carrying a tomatoes up over my 6 foot fence well it got stuck we had to remove it, but it was funny seeing it there.Maybe next year I will be able to plant more. I have pt at 7 today what is everyone else doing? well take care talk to you later.

Hi Irene
    That sounds like a good idea, taking a couple of days off. I'm doing it too :)

I wonder why the Tree Rats don't get ours unless as I said to Joanne, maybe they don't like the Basil plants.

Just curious, was it the Squirrel or the Tomato that got stuck? I'm guessing it was the Tomato, OTOH I have seen pictures of Squirrels that got stuck too.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    well at pt I was telling her about the pain. She felt it was due to the weight they put on the back of my leg they are trying to straighten it more and it really hurt today when she did it again, but it was worst today because they put a pillow under my leg so I felt it more had to lay there for 4 minutes so today my ice pack and I are becoming really good pals. Roger it was the tomato that got stuck.
  • eku0
    Aw, hope it starts feeling better soon, Irene.
    Did you hurt yourself, Roger?
    Jo, it's funny....the squirrels at my old house were always hanging about...I don't think I've even seen any in my yard in my new house.
    Painting class was fine, but I have more work to do on my painting. I was kind of hoping it was done. haha.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, went for a little walk today only 5000 but I think that is what I need to do for a while they say it takes like a year to mend sure hope that is not true for me. I just have to learn to go slow.Thanks vix Roger did you hurt yourself? Jo how is your foot hope it is getting better. My plans for today is a trip to shoprite first time going myself , George has been going with me ,but it is time for me to get back to doing more. I am actually taking a church friend she needs food and I don't mind taking her she is 80 years old and such a nice person. well take care all
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 48 degrees this morning a small change from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. I'll be siting here drinking my coffee. This is the rest of yesterdays coffee that I need to Microwave.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    well at pt I was telling her about the pain. She felt it was due to the weight they put on the back of my leg they are trying to straighten it more and it really hurt today when she did it again, but it was worst today because they put a pillow under my leg so I felt it more had to lay there for 4 minutes so today my ice pack and I are becoming really good pals. Roger it was the tomato that got stuck.

Hi Irene
    I had a suspicion that was what had happened. I am sorry that The PT went like that, being in pain is no fun. I hope that the ice pack has helped.
    good morning, went for a little walk today only 5000 but I think that is what I need to do for a while they say it takes like a year to mend sure hope that is not true for me. I just have to learn to go slow.Thanks Vix
    Roger did you hurt yourself? Jo how is your foot hope it is getting better. My plans for today is a trip to shoprite first time going myself , George has been going with me ,but it is time for me to get back to doing more. I am actually taking a church friend she needs food and I don't mind taking her she is 80 years old and such a nice person. well take care all

Just curious, Are You posting from something other than a computer? It displays really funny on my end. 5,000 steps is a good start IMO.

I did manage to hurt my knee, which explains the no walking. It bothered me enough that I had a poor nights sleep too.

That is a really nice thing to do taking someone shopping as You start doing more.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Aw, hope it starts feeling better soon, Irene.
    Did you hurt yourself, Roger?
    Jo, it's funny....the squirrels at my old house were always hanging about...I don't think I've even seen any in my yard in my new house.
    Painting class was fine, but I have more work to do on my painting. I was kind of hoping it was done. haha.

Hi Vix
    At the risk of being repetitive, I did manage to hurt my knee, which explains no walking. I had hoped to be able to get out and about Today or Tomorrow, Now I do not think that will be happening as I felt more pain overnight last night than the night before :(

As I say, things will be ready when they are ready.

Good Luck with the Painting
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Hope you all start feeling better. I'm going to try acupuncture next week...I've made an appointment for Wednesday afternoon. I'll let you know how that goes.
    I've been all off track with my diet and need to get back to that.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    Roger, no I use my computer all the time my tablet and smart phone doesn't have this link on them.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It is 42 degrees this morning a change to the colder from yesterdays temperature. I won't be walking today. I'll be siting here drinking my coffee. This is the rest of Thursdays coffee that I need to Microwave since I went to the bank Yesterday and stopped at McDonalds for a large black coffee instead of heating the leftover coffee.

Forecast today for the 60s, warmer tomorrow and parts of NJ had a frost warning for the overnight Friday into Saturday morning. First one of those that I can remember for this season.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Hope you all start feeling better. I'm going to try acupuncture next week...I've made an appointment for Wednesday afternoon. I'll let you know how that goes.
    I've been all off track with my diet and need to get back to that.
    Happy Friday, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    You are braver than I am, Acupuncture and letting someone stick pins into me would not be my preferred method of pain relief. I will be interested in hearing how that works for You however as I try to keep an open mind :)

Good Luck getting back on the rails with Your diet.
    Roger
    Roger, no I use my computer all the time my tablet and smart phone doesn't have this link on them.

Hi Irene
    In that case it must be something weird that happened due to my using FireFox with MFP, I'm not sure since it was only that one message I quoted. The other suspect is that Windows 10 had installed some updates on the 12th in the background that finished installing when I shut down yesterday instead of Just Hibernating this computer. I do like Hibernating it as that lets me leave things there waiting to be resumed when I power back on as if I had never killed the power.

The reason I use FireFox is simple, I like the Spell Check that happens as I type the message and the way that I can start it after a shut down and go to History and select "Restore Previous Session" from the History tab or selectively restore recently closed Tabs or use a security setting to erase browser history when I close it or use custom settings selectively erase some of it. Downloads I can easily access from the browser without opening other Explorer windows and more.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, hey Roger how is your knee? Is it any better? Vix years ago I was having back problems I had acupuncture it did help good ,luck I hope you feel some relieve from it .I know some people don't believe in it. But it helped me so hoping it helps you. Jo what are you up to how is your foot coming along? My knee was pretty much pain free even after all the running around not sure if it was because I was so active or what but it felt good not to hurt ,not only that but I have been sleeping all night again ,I got so tired of sleeping on the sofa good to be back in bed.Today our plans are to go to home depot to get a new facet for the kitchen starting to drip and is driving me crazy so today we are going to change it actually George will change it. Then to the bank and then to the lake so we can all walk and of course Annie can swim she loves the water I try and keep her out of the water in the winter but that doesn't always work I make sure I have a huddie for her it keeps her warm after her swim. take care
  • eku0
    edited October 2016
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you're feeling and sleeping better. :) You have a busy day planned. Have fun at the lake.
    Roger, it was cooler here today too. It was about 38 at 7:30, with a forecast of 66 as a high for today, but it looks like there are a few more warm days coming up this week. Hope your knee starts feeling better.
    Jo, hope you're not working too hard, and get a chance to enjoy the weekend.
    I got my flu shot yesterday, and it did make me achy this time. Cool but sunny day today, and tonight we're going to see David Sedaris at the Weinberg Theater in Frederick. His books are usually pretty funny, so I think his presentation will be entertaining.
    Tomorrow we are planning to meet up with my son and his girlfriend to go to Baltimore. It's fleet week, where you can look at several ships in the harbor, and the Blue Angels are doing a fly-over show. So busy weekend for me.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    good morning, hey Roger how is your knee? Is it any better? Vix years ago I was having back problems I had acupuncture it did help good ,luck I hope you feel some relieve from it .I know some people don't believe in it. But it helped me so hoping it helps you. Jo what are you up to how is your foot coming along? My knee was pretty much pain free even after all the running around not sure if it was because I was so active or what but it felt good not to hurt ,not only that but I have been sleeping all night again ,I got so tired of sleeping on the sofa good to be back in bed.Today our plans are to go to home depot to get a new facet for the kitchen starting to drip and is driving me crazy so today we are going to change it actually George will change it. Then to the bank and then to the lake so we can all walk and of course Annie can swim she loves the water I try and keep her out of the water in the winter but that doesn't always work I make sure I have a huddie for her it keeps her warm after her swim. take care
    Hi Irene
    Thank You for asking, The Knee seems to be getting better, slowly. Depending on how the day and tonights sleep is I might even try a short walk tomorrow :)

I'm glad to hear that You are sleeping better and that the knee was pretty much pain free too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, glad you're feeling and sleeping better. :) You have a busy day planned. Have fun at the lake.
    Roger, it was cooler here today too. It was about 38 at 7:30, with a forecast of 66 as a high for today, but it looks like there are a few more warm days coming up this week. Hope your knee starts feeling better.
    Jo, hope you're not working too hard, and get a chance to enjoy the weekend.
    I got my flu shot yesterday, and it did make me achy this time. Cool but sunny day today, and tonight we're going to see David Sedaris at the Weinberg Theater in Frederick. His books are usually pretty funny, so I think his presentation will be entertaining.
    Tomorrow we are planning to meet up with my son and his girlfriend to go to Baltimore. It's fleet week, where you can look at several ships in the harbor, and the Blue Angels are doing a fly-over show. So busy weekend for me.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I see warmer days coming in the next week too, yea!

The possible side effects is one reason why I have been skipping getting the flu shots in recent years. So far so good :)
    Knock Wood

Fleet Week and the Blue Angels sounds like fun, Enjoy
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am happy to hear that you knee is feeling better and that you are sleeping better.
    Enjoy your walk by the lake. It must be so peaceful there.
    Vix-Busy weekend,enjoy. I have always wanted to see the Blue Angels. I am going Monday to get my flu shot.
    Roger-glad to hear that your knee is getting better.
    Have a great weekend.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    It is supposed to get up into the 70's today. I plan on getting out and enjoying the day.
    Enjoy your day! :)