Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Roger.
    Thumb drives are great. :) Hope you're feeling better. There does seem to be something going around. Make sure to stay hydrated.

Hi Vix
    Hydration is one of my weaknesses as I do not normally feel thirsty :)
    I am felling better today as my step count shows.

The reason I thought about the thumb drive is that I have some older USB2 4gb & 8Gb that I am no longer using. All the new ones I buy are USB3 as I have a USB3 4 port card in the Desktop that I use for Video work. That is the fanciest one of my computers, being a I7 CPU with 6Gb memory, a 1Tb SSD boot drive that gives speed and has enough space, a couple of regular Hard Drives for Data storage and a DVD and a BluRay Burner in it. I did take the Windows 10 free upgrade with it. FWIW I am also only buying USB3 External hard Drives for Data backup. The ones I am buying now are also Portable drives that are powered through the USB connection and 4Tb in size. Connection through USB3 ports gives a nice speed boost over USB2. I wish I could put USB3 into this All In One Desktop I am on currently, Oh well all I can do is connect things for Data and OS backup and let them run while I go off doing something else.

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning it is good to be back. Now I need to do laundry and put everything away. Today I went to pt and then to shoprite now I plan on taking it easy no energy had a hard time sleeping last night hope tonight is better.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Hi everyone
    Today we are at the zoo. It is huge, we have spent most of the day here.
    Irene-i am glad you had a nice vacation.
    We will be coming home on Wednesday.
    Hi Vix and Roger,
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    Jo, sounds like you are enjoying every minute of your vacation...that's great. :)
    Irene, glad you had a nice vacation and are back. Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe just adjusting to being back home. Rest up, make sure to eat well, and get plenty of fluids...all good for energy.
    Roger, glad you are feeling better. It's hard to drink a lot of water. Lately I've been adding in herbal teas to make up my 8 glasses. I'm not too worried about it because I eat a lot of veggies which are loaded with water.
    I swam this morning instead of going to yoga....it's not as hard on my joints, and it burns more calories in a shorter amount of time...win-win!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    hey has anyone been having problems logging on to ns ? wanted to place an order but it is saying not available
  • IreneMurman
    jo sounds like you are enjoying yourself.
  • RogerToo
    good morning it is good to be back. Now I need to do laundry and put everything away. Today I went to pt and then to shoprite now I plan on taking it easy no energy had a hard time sleeping last night hope tonight is better.

Hi Irene
    Drat, the dreaded housework :)
    They did have GM Cereals on sale at the ShopRite if that is of any interest to You?
    hey has anyone been having problems logging on to ns ? wanted to place an order but it is saying not available

I have had some slowness where I reloaded and eventually got to the page. They do seem slower than usual. You may have to do it on the phone to Customer service.
    If You want to see what is available, this page works decent and is the Breakfast Entrees.
    http://www.nutrisystem.com/jsps_hmr/catalog/menu/food.jsp?meal=breakfast&plan=basic
    From here You can click on the Lunch, Dinner and snacks link to see all the meals. You do lose the Samples page and the shakes page this way however. It would work to help You when ordering.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    Today we are at the zoo. It is huge, we have spent most of the day here.
    Irene-i am glad you had a nice vacation.
    We will be coming home on Wednesday.
    Hi Vix and Roger,

Hi Joanne
    I am guessing You are ambivalent regarding the end of the Vacation and being tugged two ways. One that it was longer and the other that it will be good to get home :)

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Jo, sounds like you are enjoying every minute of your vacation...that's great. :)
    Irene, glad you had a nice vacation and are back. Sorry you didn't sleep well, maybe just adjusting to being back home. Rest up, make sure to eat well, and get plenty of fluids...all good for energy.
    Roger, glad you are feeling better. It's hard to drink a lot of water. Lately I've been adding in herbal teas to make up my 8 glasses. I'm not too worried about it because I eat a lot of veggies which are loaded with water.
    I swam this morning instead of going to yoga....it's not as hard on my joints, and it burns more calories in a shorter amount of time...win-win!

Hi Vix
    I have heard that Swimming has both of those benefits. I Do get around 40 ounces of beverages by 10AM, Coffee which is usually a mix of Decaf and regular coffee and the 8 oz of water in the shake mix :) Then I sip at water through the rest of the day. I am, eating 12 ounces of Veges a day and plenty of fruit etc. This morning I also had 4 oz of 1% milk on my cereal....

Have a good Evening
    Roger

• RogerToo
    edited October 2016
    Hi
    It was 66 Degrees this morning a small change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 9982 steps. I took a folding umbrella along as the weather radar this morning showed spotty showers moving in from the east. The day is dreary looking once again and it did mist or drizzle slightly for a few minutes on the outbound and inbound near the house :(

I also picked a few more Raspberries that had turned ripe and delicious :)

I looked at my email and I still see no tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, I can not decide if that is good or bad as it gives me another day to use more frozen food and make room in the freezer, I overstocked at the Acme when it was on sale.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi the reason I am not sleeping great is my knee it stiffens up during the night usually around 12am I have been staying down stairs on the couch I don't have to worry about waking George up ,I then put on the heating pad which really helps I will be happy when I sleep all night . My knee is doing better I have a more normal walk now still slow going can't wait till I feel like it is my own I hear it can take up to months before that happens. Vix swimming sounds nice . My sister use to do aqua exercise classes she loved it.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, it sounds like you're doing well. I'm sure you're looking forward to the day the healing process is complete. Have you tried one of the rice filled heating things....you warm them up in the microwave. I have one that's tube shaped, sometimes I sleep with it under my neck and it tends to hold the heat in all night.
    Jo, enjoy the last days of vacation!
    Roger, that wet front must be moving very slowly. It's finally sunny and beautiful here. I was very happy to see the sun yesterday, as it had been gray and gloomy for 3 or 4 days in a row.
    Off to clay group.
  • RogerToo
    hi the reason I am not sleeping great is my knee it stiffens up during the night usually around 12am I have been staying down stairs on the couch I don't have to worry about waking George up ,I then put on the heating pad which really helps I will be happy when I sleep all night . My knee is doing better I have a more normal walk now still slow going can't wait till I feel like it is my own I hear it can take up to months before that happens. Vix swimming sounds nice . My sister use to do aqua exercise classes she loved it.

Hi Irene
    I am sorry to hear that Your knee is interrupting Your Sleep. It is good to hear that it is getting better.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, it sounds like you're doing well. I'm sure you're looking forward to the day the healing process is complete. Have you tried one of the rice filled heating things....you warm them up in the microwave. I have one that's tube shaped, sometimes I sleep with it under my neck and it tends to hold the heat in all night.
    Jo, enjoy the last days of vacation!
    Roger, that wet front must be moving very slowly. It's finally sunny and beautiful here. I was very happy to see the sun yesterday, as it had been gray and gloomy for 3 or 4 days in a row.
    Off to clay group.

Hi Vix
    It seems that everything has slowed down its movement, the last weather forecast I saw said the Matthew was slowing and they moved when it could impact us a couple of days further out.

It is still cloudy and cool as of 10AM. I made a minor mistake a few minutes ago when I caught a ride to the bank from my brother who is going on from there. I should have worn a long sleeve shirt and light gloves as it was cool and breezy on the walk back from there. I am now at 12,047 steps, up from this mornings walk count of 9,982 steps. That puts me up on Yesterdays 11K+ step count by the end of the day :)

I find it interesting that a rice filled gadget stays warm that long, I would never have suspected that to happen.

Have a Good Day at Clay Group
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Today is our last full day here. I am glad to be going home, but not back to work.
    We went to f few museums today and started to pack our suitcases.
    Next time I post will be from home.
  • eku0
    Safe travels, Jo!
    Roger, I think it just retains the heat because it's under the blankets or between the pillow and my neck. If I'm sitting up with it, it doesn't stay hot that long.
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Today is our last full day here. I am glad to be going home, but not back to work.
    We went to f few museums today and started to pack our suitcases.
    Next time I post will be from home.

Hi Joanne
    I hope You have a safe, Speedy and comfortable trip home.

Cheers
    Roger
    Safe travels, Jo!
    Roger, I think it just retains the heat because it's under the blankets or between the pillow and my neck. If I'm sitting up with it, it doesn't stay hot that long.

Hi Vix
    I was wondering about that :)

Enjoy Your Evening
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, Vix I do have one of those wraps I will have to see if it works I am getting tired of sleeping on the couch I toss and turn so maybe tonight I will try it no harm in trying it. I placed my ns order yesterday ordered mostly frozen ,I like the frozen better . I have increased my steps today I already have in 7256 my goal is 10,000 i have been getting in at least 3 miles I figure my knee is going to hurt any ways at least this way I am burning calories. Speaking of steps Jo I see you have beaten me in steps again this week awesome job.Wow Roger you sure got a lot of steps in . Today I get to take Annie in for her nail trim she hates any one to touch her nails but her vet does it so I feel better . Well take care Jo have a safe flight home.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 58 Degrees this morning a change to the cooler from yesterdays temperature. It was comfortable walking however. I walked 7500 steps today to this point in time. Yesterday I ended up with 17,625 steps :)

I got out twice more yesterday, I caught a ride to the bank with my brother who was going on from there so I walked back home and then I noticed I had missed paying a Credit Card bill that was due the 8th so I wrote that out and walked to the Post office.

Already from Sunday to Today I am at 44,376 steps
    I stopped at the Grocery Store on my walk and Picked up 4 Bananas, 2 Honey Crisp Apples, 2 Green Pear, 2 nectarines, 3 Red Delicious and for my Brother 3 Large Poblano Peppers and 3 small Jalap peppers.

I looked at my email and I see a tracking number for my upcoming NS order this morning, that is the good and since it shows Shipment information sent to FedEx Chambersburg, PA Anticipated ship date: Wed 10/05/2016 CHAMBERSBURG, PA US That indicates I should see something Tomorrow. I see no indication of whether it is Ready to Go AKA Shelf Stable or the frozen portion or both however :(

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, Vix I do have one of those wraps I will have to see if it works I am getting tired of sleeping on the couch I toss and turn so maybe tonight I will try it no harm in trying it. I placed my ns order yesterday ordered mostly frozen ,I like the frozen better . I have increased my steps today I already have in 7256 my goal is 10,000 i have been getting in at least 3 miles I figure my knee is going to hurt any ways at least this way I am burning calories. Speaking of steps Jo I see you have beaten me in steps again this week awesome job. Wow Roger you sure got a lot of steps in . Today I get to take Annie in for her nail trim she hates any one to touch her nails but her vet does it so I feel better . Well take care Jo have a safe flight home.

Hi Irene
    Since I have a freezer in the basement all three of the NS meal entrees I order are frozen, And since the men's plan gives me two snack selections, one for mid-afternoon and one evening dessert I use on for all frozen and do a split between frozen and Ready to Go for the other 28 days of snacks. I also added some Ready to Go foods A La Carte as I like some of them and since I still have plenty of them left I also set the next order date out as far as I could and will adjust it later if needed.

10,000 steps is also my daily goal :) I have exceeded it already this week with the extra walks I ended up doing. As of this morning my average per day step count is 11,094. That will drift down most likely by the end of the week however as yesterday was a lot higher than is usual for me.

Trimming the nails is one of those things that needs doing as I understand it.

I hope the Rice Wrap helps, I can not get any real sleep anywhere but in a bed, not happening in a car, recliner, Plane, bus or on a Sofa AKA couch.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Hope you have a good flight home, Jo. Do you have to go back to work right away?
    Irene, hope the rice wrap works for you....it is more comfortable to be able to sleep in bed. You're doing great with the walking.
    Roger, I'm like that too. Occasionally I start to doze off in a chair, but I wake up as soon as my head relaxes/droops. You're doing great with your walking too!
    I'm back from body flow class and the sauna this morning. Just have some errands to run today. It's a beautiful day outside. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    We made it home safe and sound.
    Vix-I do not have to go back to work until Tuesday.
    Irene-good for you getting your steps in.
    Roger-I love this time of year for walking. Since we have been walking for the past 14 days, we are going to try and
    keep walking daily now that we are home.
    It is 3 am, I am still on UK time. I am currently doing laundry. :)
    Have a good day.