Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 65 Degrees This morning a small change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking with a decrease in the humidity. I have walked 9,870 steps so far and once again no Cents.

I Got Lucky today, fate saved me from myself :) Since my plan for the day was to stop at the dollar store for a quart or two of 1% Milk, Good until August 15, 2017 and 50 calories for the 4 ounces I put on my cold cereal I ended up buying two quarts as the one they run out of is the 1% and not the 2% or Whole Milk. I also bought 4 assorted flavors of Hot Pockets that I will use for lunches. Then I walked over to the Bank and deposited a small check. Since the opening times were 8AM and 8:30 AM I walked up to the Diner for breakfast to kill time which explains the step count and the Lucky part as I asked for a slice of Carrot Cake to go when I finished my Two Eggs and Fruit bowl that I selected in place of the Home Fries and part of the Whole Wheat Toast with a smear of butter. The lucky part is that they were out of Carrot Cake, Saved from myself :)

Have a Good Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    1b8980af59b5263ad67e163fdb4ad6e9.jpg
    Safe travels, Jo!
    Roger, you can still print off your boarding pass at the airport or go up to the airport counter. There are a few travel agents left.
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    Thank You for that information, Love the Picture :)
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all ,getting things ready for vacation talk to you tomarrow
  • RogerToo
    Hi Irene
    I hope it all goes well, See You tomorrow and
    Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning ,
    We made it safe and sound.
    Irene- have a great vacation.
    Roger- lucky you,but I bet that carrot cake would have been good.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I am glad to hear that all went well, I hope You have a really enjoyable trip.

I was lucky, OTOH their Carrot Cake is delicious so I would have spent the next several days at least getting rid of the water weight sweets put on me and the extra weight from all the calories instead of maintaining where I am. Currently my Plan is Maintain and work on recomp instead of losing the final few pounds. However despite having some Extra over the weight loss plan I am still slowly losing, very slow but it is happening. Today for example I may settle for an extra fruit or a few Peanuts and the Fruit.

I have not had the urge to travel for years nor I have I left NJ since 1995 Approximately. I am starting to think about driving on a week or two vacation, however as I say only starting to think I might like that. OTOH this area does have so many day trip attractions between the NY, NJ and Eastern PA area including Broadway, the NJ shore and so on.....

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 60 Degrees This morning a 5 degree change from yesterday. It was comfortable walking, I did wear a light long sleeve shirt and light gloves. I have walked 8,686 steps so far and once again no Cents. Now that I am back I am having a Chocolate NS Protein Shake, later I will have the remaining 1/3 of the Banana I ate before going out to walk. I will follow that up with either the NS Frozen Baked Blueberry Oatmeal or 2 of the Dollar Store Blueberry Waffles. I do have one more Delicious NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll that I plan to have on Sunday Morning and then I will most likely switch back to assorted Cold Cereals for Breakfast until I use up that Quart of Dollar Store milk which takes a few days at 4 ounces per day for the cereal :)

Yesterday eating what I did at the Diner seems to have worked as my weight this morning was the same. I am still getting Raspberries from the late season plants which means that planting two types one earlier and one late fruiting type worked :) After picking the ripe ones this morning and some Climbing Green Beans I turned on the Soaker Hoses in the garden as it looked as if it were due to be watered.

Have a Good Friday
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    Glad you arrived safely, Jo....have a great vacation! :)
    Irene, safe travels and enjoy your time at the lake. :)
    Roger, I haven't felt much like traveling lately either, though we try to go away at least a couple of times a year. It was nice and cool here this morning too, although it's still supposed to get up into the 80s today.
    Back from zumba.
    An egg with peas for breakfast, salad for lunch. I did have a couple of cups of coffee today. It tastes so good, especially when you don't have it all the time. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I suspect that Tomorrows weather will be cooler for both of us, I know I am forecast to be in the 70s for a high for the next 9 or 10 days.

Peas on the Side I am guessing not in the egg :)

I do have Coffee every day, If I stopped drinking it cold turkey I would have splitting headaches for a couple of days starting at some point in the second day. I missed some for a couple of days years ago and that happened, A large Coffee and the headache cleared up really quickly. I have started mixing Decaf and Regular coffee together when I fill my own at the Local Quick Chek or 7-Eleven, Not as easy at Dunkin Donuts and I do rotate among them as they are all on different walking paths I walk on.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    haha...nah...I just mix some kind of vegetable into an egg when I have an egg for breakfast. Sort of like a fritata. Gotta get those veggies in. :)
    Have a good night.
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning from across the pond,
    Yesterday we went to the British national museum, Harrod's and Soho.
    Today we are going to Portobello market and the Sherlock Holmes museum.
    So far the weather has been great, light jacket in the morning and short sleeves in the afternoon.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,on our way for vacation not sure if i will be on . i will be gone for a week
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 Degrees This morning a 5 degree warmer change from yesterday. It was drizzling on me on the return leg of my walk and it was otherwise comfortable walking. I did wear a light long sleeve shirt and light gloves. I have walked 8,900 steps so far and once again no Cents. Now that I am back I am have had a NS Vanilla Protein Shake that I blended in the remaining 1/3 of this mornings Banana that I ate before going out to walk. I will follow that up with either the NS Frozen Baked Blueberry Oatmeal. Tomorrows breakfast will be the Delicious NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll and then I may finish off the $Store Blueberry waffles on Monday & Tuesday and then switch back to assorted Cold Cereals for Breakfast until I use up that Quart of Dollar Store milk which takes a few days at 4 ounces per day for the cereal :)
    It is time I clean out a bit more space in the Freezer and freezer section as my upcoming delivery is scheduled to ship on Friday the 30th of September which means it could come as soon as Saturday October 1st :)

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    haha...nah...I just mix some kind of vegetable into an egg when I have an egg for breakfast. Sort of like a fritata. Gotta get those veggies in. :)
    Have a good night.
    Hi Vix
    My Brother usually chops some type of Chile Pepper into his eggs, Currently some fresh from the Garden Anaheims, and some Poblanos from either the Local Grocery Store or the Produce Store. Interestingly to me he commented that the local grocery store's Poblanos were both better looking and cheaper than the close by Produce store's. I say close by as they are on the ends of the moderately large strip Mall. I have found that the Grocery Store Fruit and lettuce holds up better than the ones from the Produce store too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning from across the pond,
    Yesterday we went to the British national museum, Harrod's and Soho.
    Today we are going to Portobello market and the Sherlock Holmes museum.
    So far the weather has been great, light jacket in the morning and short sleeves in the afternoon.
    Hi Joanne
    I hear that the Museum there has really nice exhibits having been around for so long. Soho is it now more a touristy type of place or .....

The other locations, I have heard of, I am curious as to how the Portobello market is.

Enjoy Your vacation
    Roger
    good morning,on our way for vacation not sure if i will be on . i will be gone for a week

Hi Irene
    If You can make it great if not do not get stressed about it, I am sure we can understand why :)

I hope You have a Great Vacation
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Have a great vacation, Irene!
    Jo, sounds like you're busy seeing the sights, glad you're getting nice weather. Lots of variety! Enjoy!
    Roger...I fixed myself a banana shake this a.m. too....a little protein powder, half a frozen banana, a TBLsp of chia seeds and some almond milk. Delish...just annoying having to clean the chia seeds out of my teeth!
    Will probably go to the town's semi-annual flea market later this a.m., then there's a benefit festival for the town that got flooded about a month ago, so may go there this afternoon/evening. Busy day. :)
    Glad it's cooled off a bit...only to low 70s today.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I agree that my banana shake was so tasty !

I went the easy route, I used a NS protein shake and some banana and done. I hate having things get caught in my teeth, Bad enough with the fibers from the Broccoli I eat and some of the chicken without adding extra things to become trapped :)

I remember that from seeing it on the news, how is the recovery doing?

I am happy with the lower temperatures, I have not even turned on the Living Room Ac yet. I have been turning the AC in this room off after running it for a short while, The room gets warmed with the warm air coning out of the desktop computer I am on currently.

Enjoy the Flea Market
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Hi all,
    It is 10pm and we are in for the evening.
    Roger- Soho was interesting. We only walked through. There were a few adult stores and strip clubs and a lot of same sex couples.
    Portobello market was very crowded. They have everything you can think of.
    Irene- have a great vacation!
    We went to the Sherlock Holmes museum.
  • Joanne3366
  • eku0
    edited September 2016
    Good morning!
    Jo, interesting...Sherlock Holmes house looks chock full. Obviously not a minimalist. :) I would have expected Soho to be like Greenwich Village in NY. The market sounds like fun.
    Irene, hope you're having a nice peaceful vacation at the lake. :)
    Roger, the recovery of Ellicott City is going slowly...they're trying to make it safe and do it right...they've recently opened to pedestrians, I guess they've shored up the unsteady buildings. They're expecting it to take about a year. Here's an article: http://wtop.com/howard-county/2016/09/ellicott-citys-main-street-reopen-county-plans-long-term-recovery-steps/
    There were a lot of people at the benefit...some of the restaurants normally on Main Street had booths set up and were selling food, some of the stores had booths and were selling their wares, and they had 60 bands (mostly local) playing music in 4 different locations for about 45 minute shifts throughout the day and evening. We stayed for a few hours, my son and his girlfriend met us there. It was nice to enjoy the weather and to see so many people out supporting the community.
    The flea market I went to in the morning was huge. I was with a friend who had to look carefully at every stall, and I gave up after a couple of hours and about 1/3 of the flea market gone through! I did get a set of 4 electric candle sticks for my front windows for the holidays. I was looking for corded ones last year and couldn't find them. Voila! Now I have them and for only $3. :) They have the flea market twice a year, so I'll go back again in April.
    Needless to say, I was really tired last night after all that milling about yesterday.
    So no real plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 55 Degrees This morning a 10 degree change to cooler from yesterday. I did wear a somewhat heavier long sleeve shirt and light gloves. I have walked 7,700 steps so far and still no Cents. Now that I am back I am have had a NS Vanilla Coffee flavor Shake. Breakfast will be the Delicious NS Frozen Cinnamon Roll and then I may finish off the $Store Blueberry waffles on Monday & Tuesday and then switch back to assorted Cold Cereals for Breakfast until I use up the unopened Quart of Dollar Store milk which is good until July 2017 if unopened Using it takes a few days at 4 ounces per day for the cereal :)
    I need to clean out a bit more space in the Freezer and freezer section as my upcoming delivery is scheduled to ship on Friday the 30th of September which means it could come as soon as Saturday October 1st :) OTOH I see Hot Pocket & Lean Pocket for sale where I would end up paying $1.80 for two of breakfast or lunch types and 90 cents per meal for a entree is an attractive price :)

Have a Good Sunday
    Roger