Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning. I had pt this morning it went good I don't go back until Thursday . This morning I go back to the drs and see what we can do about my breathing it still hurts sometimes well enjoy the great weather I will talk to you all after the DRs.

Hi Irene
    I am glad to hear that the PT went well. I hope You had good luck at the doctors too.

I agree, great weather this morning
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Good luck at the Dr's, Irene.
    I used to knit...didn't get much past hats, scarves and the occasional sweater. Both my mother and mother-in-law crocheted afghans. I can't crochet a straight line!
    Roger, that is one crazy round-about!
    Jo, I always have fun at showers. :)
    Went to yoga this morning...ouchy! But it keeps me functional. Luckily have my massage this afternoon.
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    What a great follow up to Yoga, First the Yoga then the Massage :)

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Roger-Wow that round-about is huge and remember they drive on the opposite side. I would not even try to drive a car over there. At every crosswalk in the Uk they have the road marked "look left". Most of the cars go around the corners without slowing down. We American's look right first before we cross the street. It takes a little getting use to.
    Irene-good luck at the dr.
    Vix-enjoy your massage.

Hi Joanne
    It was a funny coincidence that my brother sent that to me Friday so I used it.

It is a whopper of a Roundabout. NJ has been working on removing them, here we call them Traffic Circles and I seem to remember from driving up towards Mass. That they are called Rotaries? I stopped the truck for directions up that way and when I was told drive to the Rotary I was looking for a Rotary Club building Until I came upon the traffic circle and a light went off in my head :)

I actually have heard that they mark the corners that way, Interesting to have proof.

I am not sure I would want to try driving over there, All my training would be wrong as would my reactions to a problem.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 59.8 Degrees This morning a minor change from yesterdays 58 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable and I walked 8.4+k steps.

I am still waiting for more Raspberries to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen. I have turned on the water to the Drip Hoses in the Garden as we have had more days with no rain and tomorrow the forecast is for very little if any. According to the weather forecast I just watched we have had half of our normal rainfall this summer :(
    Tomorrow is Market Day for some Fruits, Bananas and whatever looks good to take advantage of the 10% discount since I am cheap, er Frugal :) I have plenty of the Light & Fit Greek Yogurt on hand so need to look at that. The Sliced Commercial Turkey that I had pulled out of the freezer thinking it was the Home Roasted does appear to have been loaded with sodium as I has feared as I have some water retention caused weight since Yesterday. I said to heck with it and threw the rest of it away, Approximately 2+ ounces and will pull some that I know is home roasted for tomorrows usage.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    In Spanish a traffic circle is a rotonda, but I remember in Mexico, some people called them gloriettas.
    It's in the 60s here this morning too, but going up to the 80s. I'm glad we're getting a little cooling off. :)
    Off to clay group this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    In Spanish a traffic circle is a rotonda, but I remember in Mexico, some people called them gloriettas.
    It's in the 60s here this morning too, but going up to the 80s. I'm glad we're getting a little cooling off. :)
    Off to clay group this morning.

Hi Vix
    Interesting, I had thought about popping across the southern border as I was on Vacation in Newport Beach so it was a easy drive, However the relative I was visiting said it was not a good idea in that area where I would have gone :)

Today was a whole 1 or 2 degrees warmer than yesterday, It was still great weather for walking.

Enjoy Your Clay Group
    Roger From the Basement where I am backing up Video capture source to BluRay.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, the weather here is great it is like 56 degrees I love this kind of weather . I plan on getting out and going for a walk I am going to try and go for 30 minutes. I have been ending the day with 5000 steps which I think is pretty good. I still don't walk very fast I am still learning how to walk again I will be so happy when the knee is all healed ,still not sleeping all threw the night as long as I get up and walk a little I can usually fall back to sleep. Went to the Drs yesterday he is sending me to an pulmonary dr my apt isn't until the 18 th of oct. I am sure I will be feeling better by then.I am sure my bronchitis will be gone by then,he did put me on another inhaler so I am feeling better . Well I am going to get ready for a walk hope you all have a great day. Roger there is no way I would drive that round about.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Irene
    I agree I am loving the last two days weather. I suspect Tomorrow morning may be OK before the humidity rises and then that the Humidity lingers on into Thursday Morning.

5,000 steps is not that bad, I figure I reached my daily goal at 10,000 steps :)

I would not attempt a Round about like that either, I'm not crazy :)

Good Luck walking
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Just a quick check in. I am vey tired from work today and am getting ready to go to bed.
    I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
    Have a good night. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,another night not sleeping I was up every couple of hours trying to help my knee sooner or later it has to feel better.Well today i am going to get my hair done high lights and a trim it sure needs it.have a great day
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was 67 Degrees This morning a change from yesterdays 60 degrees for the same time of day. It was comfortable despite a increase in the humidity. I walked 7354 steps so far + 2 Cents.

I stopped at the Grocery Store for 3 Bananas and 2 types of Apples including one from New Zealand and 2 Plums, 2 Green Pears. Then headed for home, Three Blocks from Home as Death Valley Days was ending I had the iPod Low Battery warning play in my ears over the closing credits of the radio show. Perfect Timing on the battery charge
    I still see more Raspberries that still need to ripen. Hopefully The weather cooperates and they ripen, they are slow ripening this week.

Bank and Then CostCo later on this morning once the Bank Opens.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

From Nova
    Newest update:
    We added "Inspiring" to reactions today.
    September 13, 2016 5:27PM
  • RogerToo
    Good evening;
    Just a quick check in. I am vey tired from work today and am getting ready to go to bed.
    I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Hi Joanne
    I hope You had a restful nights sleep and have a easier day today.

Good Luck
    Roger
    good morning,another night not sleeping I was up every couple of hours trying to help my knee sooner or later it has to feel better.Well today i am going to get my hair done high lights and a trim it sure needs it.have a great day

Hi Irene
    I have a funny knee(s), One I have to keep it bent when sleeping or in the recliner or it starts to bother me and both of them are fine if I am walking and go stiff and somewhat sore if I have to stand for a while.

At least today the weather was not as bad as I had feared from the forecast, I could see that the humidty was up when I looked at the remote display that gives Time, Date, Day of week, Indoor Temps, Outdoor Temps, Humidty and is an alarm clock too

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning all
    Back from body flow class this morning. Also getting my house cleaned...such a luxury. It was nice this morning, but supposed to go up to 90 today...I think it's then supposed to be very slowly cooling off over the next week or so. I'm ready for Autumn.
    Hope everyone starts getting some good sleep!
    But for now, have a great day. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I just got back from having my hair cut and my roots touched up.
    Roger-thank you,I did get a good nights sleep and feel good today. :)
    Irene-Are you able to drive your car?
    Vix-I am also ready for Autumn.
  • RogerToo
    Hi

Did I ever mention that I look for tasty inexpensive foods I can use to stretch the NS foods? Call me Cheap or Call me frugal, I don't care :)

Here is today's bargain. I bought a 20 pack of Skinny Cow Ice cream Sandwiches that has two flavors in it, those being Vanilla 71g and Cookies and Cream 70g to stretch the NS desserts. The 20 Pack from CostCo was $9.79 vs the Grocery Store price of $5.99 for 6 a decent savings. A bit high in carbohydrates @ 29g and only 150 calories each. with 4G Protein and 4 fluid ounces. The Vanilla is good if slightly sweet tasting. The Cookie was nice and soft and tasty too.
    Cookies and Cream https://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=16
    and vanilla https://www.skinnycow.com/products/detail.aspx?id=19

Also I tried a Slice of Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread at 80 calories toasted last night with a light smear of Butter for the taste as the extra Carb serving I add to my daily food while working on holding my weight. It was Pretty good too, It came from the freezer case at the ShopRite Grocery Store.
    http://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-cinnamon-raisin-sprouted-whole-grain-bread
    52feeh9vth43.jpg
    FAQ
    Q: What is the difference between "Enriched" White Breads and Sprouted Food for Life Breads?

A: "Enriched" White Breads are made from the starchy "endosperm" of the wheat kernel (the inside portion), which contains few vitamins and minerals (mostly carbohydrates). The milling of grain into white flour requires the removal of the bran and the germ. During this process, important natural fiber and bran are lost (including 21 vitamins and minerals). 5 vitamins and minerals (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, calcium and folic acid) are added back into the flour and are thus, called "enriched". By contrast, Food for Life sprouted breads are made from freshly sprouted grains, which contain all of the fiber, bran, vitamins and minerals of the original grain plus a sizeable increase in those nutrients

Enjoy
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I hope one of the above items is of use to someone :)
    Good morning all
    Back from body flow class this morning. Also getting my house cleaned...such a luxury. It was nice this morning, but supposed to go up to 90 today...I think it's then supposed to be very slowly cooling off over the next week or so. I'm ready for Autumn.
    Hope everyone starts getting some good sleep!
    But for now, have a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    This morning was nice here too. I was comfortable for the entire walk including once I loaded up my Backpack with Fruits form the local Grocery Store. when I left the house 1.5 hours later to go to the Bank and Then CostCo it was starting to get warm. The Noon news weather segment said that NYC, NY should reach a high of 88 today. Tomorrow in the 50s for lows and 70s for the highs. Their 10 day forecast showed decent temperatures for the entire 10 day stretch, A couple of days showed rain but we do need it.

I wish I felt we could afford a cleaning service :) Maybe when I get the Credit cards back down by Zero, they have suffered balance creep :(

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I just got back from having my hair cut and my roots touched up.
    Roger-thank you,I did get a good nights sleep and feel good today. :)
    Irene-Are you able to drive your car?
    Vix-I am also ready for Autumn.

Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You are having a nice day.

I hope You have an enjoyable evening, Sleep Well
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Surprise...raining here now. I guess we needed it too. Off to painting class in a few minutes.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning a not much of a change from yesterday. It was comfortable with qa decrease in the humidity. I walked 9,100 steps so far + 15 Cents.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger

Thor's (Jupiter's) day
    Painting depicting the Norse god Thunor (the Norse Thor), after whom Thursday is named, by Mårten Eskil Winge, 1872

The name is derived from Old English Þūnresdæg and Middle English Thuresday (with loss of -n-, first in northern dialects, from influence of Old Norse Þorsdagr) meaning "Thor's Day".It was named after the Norse god of Thunder. Thor [1][2][3] Thunor, Donar (German, Donnerstag) and Thor are derived from the name of the Germanic god of thunder, Thunraz, equivalent to Jupiter in the interpretatio romana. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Surprise...raining here now. I guess we needed it too. Off to painting class in a few minutes.

I wish it would rain here, Parts of NJ had rain yesterday, including a couple of Micro-bursts that caused some damage and trees down elsewhere. Where I am not a single solitary drop :(

Have a Good time Painting and Enjoy the nice weather
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    In the weird news Arena :)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/14/los-angeles-people-walker-chuck-mccarthy
    'We need human interaction': meet the LA man who walks people for a living
    Chuck McCarthy recently auditioned as a homicidal biker for a TV show, but the actor is finding glimmers of fame, and possibly a business franchise, with another role: Los Angeles’s first people walker.

He walks humans for $7 a mile around the streets and park near his home, pioneering an alternative to dog walking that requires no leash, just an ability to walk, talk and, above all, listen.

The idea initially struck the underemployed actor several months ago as a joke, an imaginary way to make extra cash, until it became real.

“The more I thought about it, the less crazy it seemed,” said McCarthy, draining a bottle of water – he now takes hydration seriously – and heading out into the sunshine for another walk, this time with the Guardian trotting in step.

A homemade scrawl across his T-shirt declared him The People Walker, low-budget, mobile advertising. “I’ve been doing walks almost every single day for the past week and I’m getting repeat clients, which is what you want.”

A stroll with this soft-spoken, hirsute hulk seems to be what much of LA wants, judging by the response to his Facebook page and homemade flyers.

“Need motivation to walk?” they ask from lamp posts. “Scared to walk alone at night? Don’t like walking alone at all? Don’t want people to see you walking alone and just assume you have no friends? Don’t like listening to music or podcasts but can’t walk alone in silence, forced to face thoughts of the unknown future, or your own insignificance in the ever expanding universe?”

For many, the answer to one or all of the above seems to be “yes”. McCarthy is fielding hundreds of emails from the lonely, the curious and the adventurous, all seeking a stranger’s ambulatory company.

“I try to listen more than talk,” he said this week, striding past handsome houses in Los Feliz, a leafy neighbourhood near Hollywood.

Conversations with clients are seldom confessional, but he respects confidences. “It’s mostly surface, small-talk type stuff. But I think it’s therapeutic even if they’re not baring their souls.”

It’s mostly surface, small-talk type stuff. But I think it’s therapeutic even if they’re not baring their souls

Grumbling about traffic, for instance, felt better when delivered to an actual human ear rather than posted on social media. “Tweeting about it and getting no response just makes you feel sadder.”

So many requests have poured in that McCarthy has recruited five other walkers to serve different parts of LA, though he will not take any cut from their earnings until he figures out a professional business model.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I think it is great that he is doing this. I bet there are a lot of people that do not like to walk alone or are afraid to walk alone. If this helps someone get out and get some exercise, I like the idea.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    People walker is cool...I know sometimes I like company walking, though sometimes I like to walk by myself, good time for quiet contemplation.
    Off to zumba this morning.
    Out with kids tonight to celebrate my daughter's upcoming birthday.