Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    The day started out rainy and now the sky is turning blue and the sun is coming out.
    Today is my 41st anniversary and my son's 4th. :)
    Vix-I am sorry to hear about your friend.
    Irene-It is good to hear that you are feeling better.
    Roger-you are way ahead of me in steps today. I will be lucky if I get 5,000.
    I am off today and so far, I have gone to Michael's to pick up some watercolors for my daughter-in-law and played on the computer. I decided to take it easy today.
    Have a good day! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Jo!!!
    anniversary%20love%20birds.jpg

And Happy Anniversary to your son and his wife too!
    We're coming up on 41 in December. :wink:
  • eku0
    T-storms here!
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, Happy anniversary Jo 41 awesome we just celebrated our 39 th in june. congrats to your son and his wife. Today is 30 days since my operation . In 15 more days we go on vacation can't wait so looking forward to it we do have a great time. So far today I did my pt didn't hurt as much must be getting stronger. Today I am going to start taking walks around the block by myself . I placed an ordrer with ns and 5 of my items were missing waiting on them to reshipped them. well going to go put ice on my knee have a great day
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 72 degrees out the door slightly cooler than yesterday for the same time of day, however it was not any more comfortable as the humidity is somewhat higher, Today 8,871 Steps + One Nickel four blocks from home on the return leg. Today is forecast to hit 92 degrees, The average temperature for this time of year is in the 70s. Tomorrow should be a little warmer too :( The lack of Sun from getting out early made the walk Tolerable.

While I was walking I have been auditioning Old Time Radio Shows to rotate in next. Yesterday the Charlie Chan Radio Show was good, today's Baby Snooks Show, Philo Vance and Topper from the War years, WWII, were keepers too.

Here is a picture of the latest Eggplants on the more prolific plant followed by a few of the figs growing on our Fig tree, We have had four so far off of the two trees, This Is the first year they have been planted.

p59zWb.jpg
    2DjJyE.jpg

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Back from body flow class.
    Roger, yes, it's definitely fluid or my body just holding on and will go away in a few days as long as I get back on track.
    Irene, glad the itchy skin is gone and that you're breathing better. Good to be careful at least til you're completely healed. :)
    Jo, hope you're having a good day.
    Sunny here today and will be getting hot.
    T-storms here!

Hi Vix
    Lucky You, Thunderstorms :)

Today and tomorrow are supposed to be hot too with a slight chance of rain tomorrow.

I have the same problem, One small Cheat Day and several days to recover :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    The day started out rainy and now the sky is turning blue and the sun is coming out.
    Today is my 41st anniversary and my son's 4th. :)
    Vix-I am sorry to hear about your friend.
    Irene-It is good to hear that you are feeling better.
    Roger-you are way ahead of me in steps today. I will be lucky if I get 5,000.
    I am off today and so far, I have gone to Michael's to pick up some watercolors for my daughter-in-law and played on the computer. I decided to take it easy today.
    Have a good day! :)

Hi Joanne
    At least You got rain, I watered yesterday and some things looked wilted beforehand too.

I have a Feeling that overall Your Weekly step count exceeds mine. TOTAL STEPS 71,565 from the last FitBit report on Aug. 28 and TOTAL STEPS 73,402 from the Sept 4 report.

Everybody needs a day of rest now and then.

I hope You had a Great Anniversary
    Roger
    good morning, Happy anniversary Jo 41 awesome we just celebrated our 39 th in june. congrats to your son and his wife. Today is 30 days since my operation . In 15 more days we go on vacation can't wait so looking forward to it we do have a great time. So far today I did my pt didn't hurt as much must be getting stronger. Today I am going to start taking walks around the block by myself .

I placed an order with ns and 5 of my items were missing waiting on them to reshipped them. well going to go put ice on my knee have a great day

Hi Irene
    39 Years is good too.

That is the worst shortage I have heard of from a NS shipment. I wonder what happened.

It sounds as if You are healing well.

Good Luck with the walk
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi all!
    Roger, the eggplants look great. And it's amazing that you're getting figs the first year planted....are the trees ok thru the winter or do you have to do something special with them?
    Irene, sounds like you're doing so much better...WTG on the walks! I need to do more walks. Yay for vacation! It sounds lovely.
    Jo, always good to take a day off and take it easy. Are you ready for your vacation?
    I'm back from my painting class....decided to work on an acrylic painting...put in the first layer of background, but need to do a drawing so I know what I want in there. (It's basically going to be an autumn hayfield).
    Hot today and pretty much all week.
    Hope you're all having a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi all!
    Roger, the eggplants look great. And it's amazing that you're getting figs the first year planted....are the trees ok thru the winter or do you have to do something special with them?
    Irene, sounds like you're doing so much better...WTG on the walks! I need to do more walks. Yay for vacation! It sounds lovely.
    Jo, always good to take a day off and take it easy. Are you ready for your vacation?
    I'm back from my painting class....decided to work on an acrylic painting...put in the first layer of background, but need to do a drawing so I know what I want in there. (It's basically going to be an autumn hayfield).
    Hot today and pretty much all week.
    Hope you're all having a great day. :)

Hi Vix
    Yup, The Eggplants are growing very well this year and Productive too.

Figs are not hardy in this area so they have to be protected from the winter .
    From Here: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/nyregion/16figtrees.html?_r=0
    An uncle planted it there before Mr. Pando left the northwestern mountains of Greece in 1993 to join him in New York. Mr. Pando says the tree does not like winter. So every year, after the last of its leaves have fallen but before the ground has frozen, Mr. Pando, his wife and his son wrap it in blankets and plastic bags.

“In winter, tree sleep,” Mr. Pando, 72, said in broken English, closing his eyes as if to reinforce his point.

More on that page.

If I said I was more amazed how many Raspberries I am getting the first year :)

Stay Cool and have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    Irene-You are doing great, you will be back to your walks soon.
    Roger-Your eggplants are looking good. How do you cook them? Hubby usually makes eggplant parmesan.
    Vix-You are so talented. Your picture sounds lovely. I have started to get some things together for my trip.
    This time I am only bringing 7 changes of clothes. There is a Laundromat across the street from where we are staying. I usually bring way too many clothes and then if I buy anything I will have plenty of room in my suitcase to
    bring it home.
    Have a good evening. :)

• eku0
    Roger, so you're going to wrap it up in November...interesting. I was reading about a farmer near here who actually transports them into a barn for the winter....I'm not sure whether he has them in large pots in the ground or just digs them up with big dirt balls to move them. Would be really hard without farm equipment!
    Jo, sometimes my ideas are better than the actual painting...haha. I'm going to do some drawings first this time. Hopefully it will come out nice. :)
    I like to travel light too. I never need as much as I think I might, and it does leave room for souvenirs. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba.
    Have a great day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 82 degrees out the door 10 degrees warmer than yesterday for the same time of day. It was not comfortable as the humidity is somewhat higher, I could smell the humidity as soon as I went out the door. I did work up somewhat of a sweat walking :(

While Walking I listened to Blondie, Mr. Moto and Mystery in the Air with Peter Lorre

Below are links to the two new items I tried Yesterday from Yesterdays Delivery.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger

Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce 200 calories 9 Ounces Review Here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10455008/penne-bolognese-with-meat-sauce-200-calories-9-ounces

NutriCrush Bars Review link Here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10455015/nutricrush-bars-170-calories-1-6-ounces
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon
    Irene-You are doing great, you will be back to your walks soon.
    Roger-Your eggplants are looking good. How do you cook them? Hubby usually makes eggplant parmesan.
    Vix-You are so talented. Your picture sounds lovely. I have started to get some things together for my trip.
    This time I am only bringing 7 changes of clothes. There is a Laundromat across the street from where we are staying. I usually bring way too many clothes and then if I buy anything I will have plenty of room in my suitcase to bring it home.
    Have a good evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I leave the cooking to my brother, Last year he breaded and fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and went from there, This Year is Bread them and Bake them :)

Your clothing plan makes sense to me. You will be where You can find Nice clothes too.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Roger, so you're going to wrap it up in November...interesting. I was reading about a farmer near here who actually transports them into a barn for the winter....I'm not sure whether he has them in large pots in the ground or just digs them up with big dirt balls to move them. Would be really hard without farm equipment!
    Jo, sometimes my ideas are better than the actual painting...haha. I'm going to do some drawings first this time. Hopefully it will come out nice. :)
    I like to travel light too. I never need as much as I think I might, and it does leave room for souvenirs. :)

Hi Vix
    From my reading the one fellow here in NJ grows them in 15 gallon Pots with handles and Puts them in a garage for the winter. This is a Person that Takes Cuttings and sells the plants. It also seems that every few years he Pulls them, Root Prunes and replants them back in the pot.

Where Possible I always traveled by car, Most of the US and Up into Canada in the Montreal Area.
    Good morning.
    Off to zumba.
    Have a great day. :)

Have a Great Day too and Enjoy the Zumba
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I had a hard night sleeping last night I think it has something to do with pt when ever we push it the pain is hard oh well I am sure it will get better. Sorry to be complaining just not use to it.Roger your egg plant looks good . Not much planned for today maybe a walk around the block. When we travel we also go by car it is easier for annie .
  • RogerToo
    good morning, I had a hard night sleeping last night I think it has something to do with pt when ever we push it the pain is hard oh well I am sure it will get better. Sorry to be complaining just not use to it.Roger your egg plant looks good . Not much planned for today maybe a walk around the block. When we travel we also go by car it is easier for annie .

Hi Irene
    The Egg plants have been prolific and the two of them have produced more than we can use even with freezing some of them as EggPlant Parm, So the neighbors have been benefiting from the extras as well as the extra Onions and Zucchinis. The Second plant has two that are showing the Purple and two more just as big buds, Those may make it or the cold may get them, hard to sat.

I hope You get a better nights sleep tonight

You may be on to something, even if I do fall asleep with pain it is not a good restful sleep.

Have a Nice Upcoming Weekend
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-have you tried taking a pain pill before bed on the days that you push the PT? I know you don't like taking them but it may help you sleep better.
    I didn't do much today, grocery shopping, a pedicure and some light house cleaning.
    I am working 2-10 am and then I don't have to be back at work until Tues.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 79 degrees out the door a little cooler yesterday. It was not comfortable as the humidity is somewhat higher, I did work up somewhat of a sweat walking :( So far today 9,138 steps and 11 cents.

While Walking today I listened to The Lux Radio Show and something fairly recent called The Strange Seeker.

Below are links to the two new items I tried.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce 200 calories 9 Ounces Review Here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10455008/penne-bolognese-with-meat-sauce-200-calories-9-ounces

NutriCrush Bars Review link Here
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10455015/nutricrush-bars-170-calories-1-6-ounces

• RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-have you tried taking a pain pill before bed on the days that you push the PT? I know you don't like taking them but it may help you sleep better.
    I didn't do much today, grocery shopping, a pedicure and some light house cleaning.
    I am working 2-10 am and then I don't have to be back at work until Tues.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    Yesterday the sum total of my housework was cleaning the Main Floor toilet :) Today's chores so far are turning on the drip hose for the garden and on my return watering the hanging baskets of flowers.

While walking I made a stop at the Post Office, Picked up coffee and stopped at the Grocery Store AKA Supermarket and picked up three Bananas a Green Pear, 2 Black plums, A Fuji Apple, and a Pink Lady Apple. Nothing like a variety. They are to be used with the Navel oranges I have left and will take me to next Wednesday when It will be 10% off Senior Discount day once again. My Daily usage amounts to a Banana, 2 or 3 other fruits. for example I may have a Navel Orange & a Black Plum with Dinner and a Apple with my lunch and of course the Banana before I head out the door walking so I am not walking on a empty stomach when I have my Coffee, not to mention that helps with cravings when I am in the supermarket, Convenience Stores, McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts picking up my morning coffee.

Yea for a three day weekend off
    Enjoy it
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi all, well we went for a real nice walk it was about 40 minutes but it was slow going I had to stop a couple of times I get winded not much planned today we already went grocery shopping we go early any more less people. I was actually able to walk the whole store other times we went I would get tired and have to go to the jeep and sit down each week I am getting stronger. On monday I go back to my dr about my breathing he will probably put he on another inhaler which is fine I still get short of breath. Roger I am so impressed how organized you are. Jo enjoy your long weekend
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning
    Irene-that is great that you walked for 40 minutes. I hope your Dr. can come up with a solution for your shortness of breath.
    Roger-This time of year I usually stick to apples and bananas.
    When I got home from work, hubby and I went out to breakfast. I had a spinach and mushroom omelet and dark rye toast. I took 1/2 of the omelet and 1 piece of toast home for tomorrow's breakfast.
    I don't have anything else planned for today. It feels like a lazy day. ;)
    Enjoy your day! :)