Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Sorry Roger...don't know what I was thinking! Roger is a much better name! :)
    Jo, glad you're feeling better. Good luck with your yearly physical tomorrow. Haha....no....on the getting older! Luckily I had a massage today which helped, but I didn't want it to end. Fun having new flower beds. :) I've put a few pounds back on...my body is not cooperating, again. And I'm feeling really tired. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Vix
    Not a problem, I suspect we all do things like that I've been called worse things than that BTW :)

I have a suspicion that the tired feeling could be tied to diet. That reminds me that I need to refill my 7 day pill thing I keep my Vitamins in. I eat take them at dinnertime which may be strange?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Just checking in. I went to work today and am starting to feel a lot better.
    Tomorrow I go for my yearly physical at 8:10 and then I have the rest of the day to myself.
    I managed to lose a few lbs. while I was sick. I hope I can keep it off. I am not going to officially record it until it stays the same for a few days.
    Vix-I try not to spend too much time on the computer...sitting bothers my back and looking down at the computer bothers my neck. Don't you just love getting older? :p
    My landscaper come by today and created two new flower beds for me, now I just have to figure out what I want to plant there.
    Roger-That is always the way when you want to take a picture of an animal. By the time you get the camera ready, they have moved.
    Have a great afternoon and evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Is it a desktop computer, Tablet or Laptop? I have been using a HDTV for my computer monitor for 10 years now. I stated with the 32" 720P HDTV that was the heart of my my "So Called" Home Entertainment system. IE a DVR, Media Player, DVD recorder/player and a BluRay Player and a 5.1 later upgraded to 7.1 Sound system. Then for Christmas I gave myself a 42" 1080I HDTV. I like it as the computer monitor, I can roll the little re-purposed Printer table that holds the wireless Mouse & keyboard in front of my chair and sit back and the screen is at the right height. I have also heard of offices where they use workstations that You stand at.

I suppose You could start the fall with Mums for a instant burst of color in the new planting beds as well as some spring flowering bulbs such as Snow Drops and Crocus for early spring blooms, as well as Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinths. Then Either Dutch Iris or the more common and decide over the winter what Perennials You want to plant in the spring.
    Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes (rhizomatous irises) or, in drier climates, from bulbs (bulbous irises).

I guess that's life, by the timing is everything :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    vix sorry I missed your birthday hope you had a fun day

Hi Irene
    I hope Your Rehab and PT is going well.
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    I wonder what that means? I just had a popup that my comment will appear after it is approved?

Hmmm
    It seems that it is tied to either my reply to Joanne or something. let me do some testing.
  • RogerToo
    Sorry Roger...don't know what I was thinking! Roger is a much better name! :)
    Jo, glad you're feeling better. Good luck with your yearly physical tomorrow. Haha....no....on the getting older! Luckily I had a massage today which helped, but I didn't want it to end. Fun having new flower beds. :) I've put a few pounds back on...my body is not cooperating, again. And I'm feeling really tired. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon.

Hi Vix
    Not a problem, I suspect we all do things like that I've been called worse things than that BTW :)

I have a suspicion that the tired feeling could be tied to diet. That reminds me that I need to refill my 7 day pill thing I keep my Vitamins in. I eat take them at dinnertime which may be strange?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Tomorrow I go for my yearly physical at 8:10 and then I have the rest of the day to myself.
    I managed to lose a few lbs. while I was sick. I hope I can keep it off. I am not going to officially record it until it stays the same for a few days.
    Vix-I try not to spend too much time on the computer...sitting bothers my back and looking down at the computer bothers my neck. Don't you just love getting older? :p
    My landscaper come by today and created two new flower beds for me, now I just have to figure out what I want to plant there.
    Roger-That is always the way when you want to take a picture of an animal. By the time you get the camera ready, they have moved.
    Hi Joanne
    Is it a desktop computer, Tablet or Laptop? I have been using a HDTV for my computer monitor for 10 years now. I stated with the 32" 720P HDTV that was the heart of my my "So Called" Home Entertainment system. IE a DVR, Media Player, DVD recorder/player and a BluRay Player and a 5.1 later upgraded to 7.1 Sound system. Then for Christmas I gave myself a 42" 1080I HDTV. I like it as the computer monitor, I can roll the little re-purposed Printer table that holds the wireless Mouse & keyboard in front of my chair and sit back and the screen is at the right height. I have also heard of offices where they use workstations that You stand at.

I suppose You could start the fall with Mums for a instant burst of color in the new planting beds as well as some spring flowering bulbs such as Snow Drops and Crocus for early spring blooms, as well as Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinths. Then Either Dutch Iris or the more common and decide over the winter what Perennials You want to plant in the spring.
    Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes (rhizomatous irises) or, in drier climates, from bulbs (bulbous irises).

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

Hi Irene
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Hi Joanne

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo

Hi Irene
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Good afternoon;

OK further testing that lost my reply showed it was the reply somehow. Let me try again.

Hi Joanne
    I use a 42" HDTV and sit across the room using a wireless Mouse and Keyboard on a roll around re-purposed Printer table.

For the flower beds I would probably put Mums for a instant burst of fall color and Iris and other perennials. And this fall I might also put Snow Drops, Crocus for the early bloom, then Daffodils, Tulips, Hyacinths and Dutch Iris.

for example I have two varieties of Bleeding hearts that bloom at different times that come up each year.

That's always the way, Timing is everything
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    I had pt this morning at 6:30 this morning. I am starting to bend my knee better. I have been having problems breathing since my operation some how the meds they used has stirred up my astma I had as a child and thought I out grew it hopefully it goes away soon. My DR put me on an inhaler so it is a little better. sounds like everyone is doing better those 24 hour flu bugs are hard take care
  • RogerToo
    Hi Irene
    I'm happy to hear that The Knee is getting better. I am not super surprised that the Meds stirred up Your Dormant Asthma. No Fun when it happens I know from seeing the effects in others.

Good Luck having that clear up
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Irene-I am glad to hear that you can bend your knee better. I hope the asthma is just a residual effect from the anesthesia and will go away soon.
    Roger-Your post is showing up 6 times on my computer. Did you figure out what was going on at your end?
    I am going to wait until I come back from England to plant anything in my new flower beds.
    I usually sit at the dining room table when I am on my laptop or ipad.
    I got a clean bill of health from the doctor today. This was my first time seeing this doctor. My other doctor left the practice. She is very young and doesn't look like she weighs 100 lbs.
    Hi Vix.

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad the knee is doing better, sorry about the asthma flare up, hopefully will go away soon. (It was hub's b-day, so just he is getting older, not me. :) )
    Roger, you post repeated several times here too! Nice choice of plants. :)
    Jo, I use a laptop on a desk too....it's terrible for my neck, so I usually don't stay on too long. Congrats on the Dr. visit results. :) (I don't know how some people stay so skinny...I think it's genetic, REALLY.)
    Have a good day, everyone.
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well at 6 am this morning I went and had blood work done dr wants to see what is going on so glad these places are open early I went to Quest labs they have walk ins in the morning but you should see the line of people . Glad I can get all this stuff done before George goes to work because of the meds I am on I can't drive yet. My short time disability has ended and they are looking into long term I will know in about a week if I qualify dr has me out until november 6 .Vix tell your hubby I said happy birthday well need to go and put ice on my knee talk to you later
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 75 degrees, Today I did 7,400 Steps. The Humidity is up once again, Starting tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better :)

The following list is what I have added to my iPod to sample and decide which radio shows I want to add all of to it. I have more different shows than these, However they are more than enough to do today.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger

The_Story_of_Kansas_City.mp3
    The World beyond Tomorrow 52-01-03 Crystal Smugglers of Titan_64kb.mp3
    DickTracy-PatGoesOverboard-02-09-1938.mp3
    And Nothing But The Truth-(KIXI-News).mp3
    Adventures_by_Morse_441021_ep42.mp3
    AnyoneAnymore MagnificentMontague 501110 01 Starring Role In Radio.mp3
    BbcR7-GhostZone-E1.mp3
    Blondie Dagwood Buys A New Suit.mp3
    Broadway Is My Beat Jimmy Dorn Case.mp3
    Baby Snooks afrs Hanging Wallpaper.mp3
    CharlieChan-TheFrightenedSharaf_64kb.mp3
    CiscoKid_520722_disapearing_bullet.mp3
    CreakingDoor-DayOfTruce.mp3
    CBS Radio Mystery Theatre Much Too Much_64kb.mp3
    Dr Kildare 50-02-01 (01) Angela And Steven Kester.mp3
    Dragnet-Benny_Trounsel.mp3
    Ed Wynn The Fire Chief 1932-01-10 Home Sweet Home.mp3
    Ellery_Queen_39_04_07_001_Author_Author_Two_Thousand_and_One_Dollar_Watch.mp3
    Exploring_Tomorrow.19xx.xx.xx_Happiness_Effect_64kb.mp3
    The Fat Man Murder_squares_the_triangle_64kb.mp3
    FortLaramie560122001PlayingIndian.mp3
    Gunsmoke 52-04-26 (001) Billy the Kid.mp3
    Hopalong Cassidy 41-08-11 (xxx) Forecast.mp3
    Imagination Theatre #689, 05-31-2009, KINCAID, THE STRANGESEEKER - THE AVATAR.mp3
    Information_Please_-_380517_-_001_-_Harry_Overstreet-_Marcus_Dufield_-_48-44_30m09s_10602.mp3
    Inner_Sanctum_-_410107 Amazing Death of Mrs Putnam.mp3
    Inspector_Thorne-51-07-20_01_The_Fabulous_Divorce_Payoff_64kb.mp3
    Lights Out.1941.02.17_Special_to_Hollywood.mp3
    Lux_35-10-28_Dulcy.mp3
    mail_call-groucho_marx_64kb.mp3
    MikeHammer-lauraFentonCase_64kb.mp3
    Mr Moto ep01 A Force Called X07.mp3
    Mr Keen 40-06-05 The Case Of The Woman Who Wasn't Needed.mp3
    Murder_By_Experts-49-06-13_001_Summer_Heat_64kb.mp3
    Murder_Clinic-42-08-11_004_Governor_Of_Cape_Haitian_64kb.mp3
    NickHarrisDetective340214TheCaseOfTheAvengingAngel_64kb.mp3
    Philo Vance 43-04-29 (xxx) The Case of the Cellini Cup.mp3
    Poirot_US_45-02-22_01_The_Case_Of_The_Careless_Victim.mp3
    Quiet Please 3000 Words Aug 23, 1948.mp3
    Richard Diamond 49-05-01 (002) The Barton Case.mp3
    Roy_Rogers__4x-xx-xx_epxxxx_The_Russian_Kid.mp3
    12SKY_King The Black Circle.mp3
    The Crime Club 46-12-02 (01) Death Blew out the Match.mp3
    The Fat Man_ Murder Wears A False Face-SD.mp4
    The_Crime_Club_461202_ep01.mp3
    Topper1945-07-19MalveenaHiresAPsychiatristaka1945-07-1245-07-05MalveenaHiresAPsych_45-07-12TelephRepairman_akaTopperSues2Psychs.mp3
    VengefulCorpse_64kb.mp3
    Richard Diamond Buried Treasure Map.mp3
    Richard Diamond Private Detective Intro.mp3
    Hop_Harriganj1335-Mystery_of_The_Wailing_Witches_ep01.mp3
    Death Valley Days - Dear Teacher.mp3
    Duffy_s_Tavern_064_Guest_Clifton_Fadiman.mp3
    Jimmy_Durante_and_Garry_Moore_Show_the_-_Sorry_the_Lion_Is_Busy.mp3
    Elevator_Caper_64kb.mp3
    Ways_Of_Men_Past_Present_And_Future.mp3
    BatMan Mystery Club The Monster Of Dumphreys Hal.mp3
    Mr District Atty Death By Adoption_64kb.mp3
    Ford Theater ep01-Connecticut_Yankee_in_King_Arthurs_Court.mp3
    Murder At Midnight 01 The Dead Hand.mp3
    Mystery In The Air ep06 The Great Barastro.mp3
    SuspenseTheater-1944-10-26-115-TheNightMan_64kb.mp3
    SUSPENSE THE WHOLE TOWN IS SLEEPING - RAY BRADBURY.mp4
    TARZANS FIRST BIRTHDAY.MP3
    Your Army Air Force 1945.09.06 Doolittle Flier.mp3
    You Bet Your Life lUnedited-Rec1949.01.27ForBroadcast1949.02.0
  • RogerToo
    Good evening;
    Irene-I am glad to hear that you can bend your knee better. I hope the asthma is just a residual effect from the anesthesia and will go away soon.
    Roger-Your post is showing up 6 times on my computer. Did you figure out what was going on at your end?
    I am going to wait until I come back from England to plant anything in my new flower beds.
    I usually sit at the dining room table when I am on my laptop or ipad.
    I got a clean bill of health from the doctor today. This was my first time seeing this doctor. My other doctor left the practice. She is very young and doesn't look like she weighs 100 lbs.
    Hi Vix.
    Hi Joanne
    Huh!
    I figured out that it was something in one of the replies that MFP did not like by breaking it into three reply messages. Beyond that I saw nothing that should have caused it in any of them.

Congratulations on the Good Checkup, Some people are just naturally tiny :)
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad the knee is doing better, sorry about the asthma flare up, hopefully will go away soon. (It was hub's b-day, so just he is getting older, not me. :) )
    Roger, you post repeated several times here too! Nice choice of plants. :)
    Jo, I use a laptop on a desk too....it's terrible for my neck, so I usually don't stay on too long. Congrats on the Dr. visit results. :) (I don't know how some people stay so skinny...I think it's genetic, REALLY.)
    Have a good day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I suspect that if that was bothering my neck I would have some sort of platform for the laptop to raise the screen to a comfortable height and use a Wireless Mouse and Keyboard. I seem to end up with Logitech brand :)
    The latest one has much better battery life with the mouse, I was using two Duracell AA and getting a month out of them. This one the batteries last much longer, I suspect that the "Laser" in it is now a LED and possibly the receiver is more sensitive so it does not need to use as much power to transmit.

I have been convinced it is Genetic in many cases.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    good morning, well at 6 am this morning I went and had blood work done dr wants to see what is going on so glad these places are open early I went to Quest labs they have walk ins in the morning but you should see the line of people . Glad I can get all this stuff done before George goes to work because of the meds I am on I can't drive yet. My short time disability has ended and they are looking into long term I will know in about a week if I qualify dr has me out until november 6 .Vix tell your hubby I said happy birthday well need to go and put ice on my knee talk to you later

Hi Irene
    I suspect that everybody in that line was trying to get in and out quickly to get to work except You :)

It sounds as if I am Lucky my doctor draws the blood and I do not have to go to a nearby town where there is lab for that sort of thing.

Good Luck with acquiring the Long Term Disability
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-good luck with your long term disability. I had blood work done yesterday and the results are already in.
    Everything was fine except the cholesterol was a little high. I think it may be due to the fact that I wasn't totally fasting. I had 1/2 cup of coffee with non-dairy creamer.
    Roger-The radio shows that you downloaded sound pretty good. When my husband and I were dating(many moons ago) we use to sit in his car and listen to mysteries on the radio. I can't remember the exact name, but I am sure he will remember.
    Three weeks from today we leave for the UK. It will be so good to see my son and daughter-in-law.
    Have a great evening. :)

• eku0
    edited September 2016
    Hi all.
    Irene, good luck with the long term disability. Good that you are able to get everything taken care of.
    Jo, great news from the Dr. You must be getting excited about your trip. Sounds great. :)
    Roger...that's quite a list. Brings back a lot of memories....I used to love Charlie Chan movies when I was a kid, amongst others. :)
    Took hubs for his colonoscopy this morning...clean bill of health for him, he's good for 10 years.
    Then I went and had my hair done. Color and trim...it's short again. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 71 degrees out the door, And it was drizzling for most of the walk, I did take a folding umbrella in my pocket that I used for part of the walk. Today I did 8,752 Steps. The Humidity is up once again, Starting tomorrow the weather is supposed to be better, Cooler :)

So far one hit and two misses from the radio shows I listened too. Tom Corbett Space Cadet, Miss, Inspector Thorne, Hit, Hallmark, Unsure.

I picked some Raspberries to go in my cereal for Breakfast on my return home too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-good luck with your long term disability. I had blood work done yesterday and the results are already in.
    Everything was fine except the cholesterol was a little high. I think it may be due to the fact that I wasn't totally fasting. I had 1/2 cup of coffee with non-dairy creamer.
    Roger-The radio shows that you downloaded sound pretty good. When my husband and I were dating(many moons ago) we use to sit in his car and listen to mysteries on the radio. I can't remember the exact name, but I am sure he will remember.
    Three weeks from today we leave for the UK. It will be so good to see my son and daughter-in-law.
    Have a great evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I would not think that Unsweetened Coffee and Non-Dairy creamer would do that TBH.

If You want You can stream or download from https://archive.org/details/oldtimeradio
    The Main Site is https://archive.org/
    Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
    So You can find Video or Radio etc. there.
    I will be looking at this one too :)http://www.otr.net/

I suspect You can not wait to get going on That trip
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Irene, good luck with the long term disability. Good that you are able to get everything taken care of.
    Jo, great news from the Dr. You must be getting excited about your trip. Sounds great. :)
    Roger...that's quite a list. Brings back a lot of memories....I used to love Charlie Chan movies when I was a kid, amongst others. :)
    Took hubs for his colonoscopy this morning...clean bill of health for him, he's good for 10 years.
    Then I went and had my hair done. Color and trim...it's short again. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I posted some links above and You Can find some Charlie Chan Movies on Youtube too, examples:
    Charlie Chan in Rio 1941
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brrgSthtdtE

Charlie Chan in Panama - Sidney Toler - 1940
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QjeFYd_Jc4

That is nice to hear that he has a clean Bill of health and I bet You were also happy that You got Your hair done too.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Big t-storms last night, kept me awake really late, looks like it's still raining lightly outside.
    I'll look into some of those nostalgic shows.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Big t-storms last night, kept me awake really late, looks like it's still raining lightly outside.
    I'll look into some of those nostalgic shows.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    I see You posted while I was elsewhere :)

The rain so far is not too bad here, If there was Thunder Storms last night I slept through them, I'm sorry to hear that they bothered You. Avoiding Noise and saving Energy would be two benefits of Homes buried in the earth, Drawbacks would be needing really good waterproofing and Lack of Windows. These days You might be able to Simulate Windows with Cameras showing what a window would show and a Large Screen TV buried in the wall disguised as a Window :) I have thought about doing something similar using a old Computer and a Aquarium Screen Saver to have a Zero maintenance Tropical Fish tank :)

Have a Great Day too
    Roger