Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hello, hot here today too.
    Hope you feel better soon, Jo, those bugs are awful!
    Roger....I often take half my restaurant meal home...have it for lunch the next day. :)
    Went to zumba this morning....good thing....I know I'll be off plan later today. We're going out with the kids tonight to celebrate my husband's birthday (which is actually Sunday). We're going to a winery and then out to dinner. (And I'm making a small cheesecake!) Way too much food and drink, even if I keep my portions small. And no, I will not deprive myself of cheesecake!
    Irene...hope the rehab is coming along well, and wishing you the best!
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi Vix
    When We visited a friend Friday we took along the Cheesecake my Brother made and I had some of that as well as the Home made Baked Beans and I tried the two types of Dried Bologna he had brought back from Pa. Why Not I Did the slicing on our slicer :) So I know what You mean about having the Cheese Cake . It took me a few days to recover back to my pre-trip weight. I'm sure the Burgers and Hot Dog did not help, But they were so good I had a second Burger :)

Good Luck and a speedy recovery from the Food :)
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    I ended up sick all day yesterday. I did not go to work today and am still not feeling that great.
    Vix-Happy birthday, Pete. Have a great time tonight. I could not pass up cheesecake either. :)
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 73 Degrees this morning, Today I have completed 7,910 Steps + 1 cent found in a parking lot as I was crossing it. While I was walking I went to listen to a 1948 Radio show called Escape. 2 More episodes were left and when I started to listen to them they turned out to be something different Called "Out of This World" so I went to "The Mysterious Traveler" to listen to while walking :)

It was still moderately comfortable out the door and on the return. I decided to Mow the Lawn. Afterwards I looked at the Raspberries, Plenty still not ripened however I did find 10 that were ripe :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I ended up sick all day yesterday. I did not go to work today and am still not feeling that great.
    Vix-Happy birthday, Pete. Have a great time tonight. I could not pass up cheesecake either. :)

Hi Joanne
    I am so sorry to hear that You are ill. It is amazing how something that small can bring such weakness and misery to our lives.

Good Luck, Get 100% well quickly
    Roger
  • RogerToo

From the MFP staff:
    Upcoming Upgrade To Our Backend Software Monday, August 29th, 2016 - 9pm

Nova

Starting around 9pm PDT on Monday, August 29th, 2016, we will be upgrading some of our backend software. This should take between 10-30 minutes, if all goes well. During this time period, please expect delays. The delays can manifest in any possible way, so please be
    patient with us until the upgrade is complete. Our team will be monitoring this upgrade closely, should any issues arise, in order to promptly attend to any issues.

We update this article as any more or new information becomes available, and once the upgrade is complete. Please check back for further updates.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo, sorry you're still under the weather...hope you kick that bug quickly, and feel better soon.
    Roger, enjoy your raspberries! So good for you. :)
    I didn't do too badly yesterday...had a few small glasses of wine, a spinach salad for dinner, and a small piece of the cheesecake ( I made it with neufchatel, instead of full fat cream cheese). So I may be back to normal by tomorrow. :)
    Nothing really planned for today. It's pretty hot out.
    Feel better Irene and Jo!
    Happy Saturday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    It was in the 60s today, Just barely at 69.5 degrees, Today I did 9,029 Steps so far. "The Mysterious Traveler" to listen to while walking is working fine to keep me entertained :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Jo, sorry you're still under the weather...hope you kick that bug quickly, and feel better soon.
    Roger, enjoy your raspberries! So good for you. :)
    I didn't do too badly yesterday...had a few small glasses of wine, a spinach salad for dinner, and a small piece of the cheesecake ( I made it with neufchatel, instead of full fat cream cheese). So I may be back to normal by tomorrow. :)
    Nothing really planned for today. It's pretty hot out.
    Feel better Irene and Jo!
    Happy Saturday, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I have been enjoying them. Is the

Congratulations On doing well with the food.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Ended up going for a walk yesterday afternoon....it was hot, took a shower when I got home.
    We'll go for another walk in the park today, hopefully before it gets too hot!
    Happy Sunday. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Good morning!
    Ended up going for a walk yesterday afternoon....it was hot, took a shower when I got home.
    We'll go for another walk in the park today, hopefully before it gets too hot!
    Happy Sunday. :)

Hi Again
    I see You posted after I did :)

I hate walking where I end up all sweaty which explains why I have been getting out the door early around Sunrise.

Todays weather was great for walking. The Humidity was up and the overnight temps were down so today was as nice as yesterdays.

Wildlife I saw while walking :)
    YH3V4i.jpg
    8l1xfm.jpg

Have a Nice Day and a Great Walk
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all, doing pretty good still learning how to walk but I think the worst part is over . I do still have pain but I live with ice packs all the time this week I have pt on tuesday and thursday I will be getting on more now that I can get up the steps better
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am glad to hear you are getting around better.
    Roger-nice pictures. I got out early and went walking this morning. I am feeling better today, but still not 100%.
    At least I got out and walked and did a little housework today, yesterday I didn't leave the couch all day.
    Vix-I don't like to walk when it is too hot out. I don't like being sweaty.
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Nice pictures, Rick. Sometimes we see critters on our walks in the park. :)
    Irene...glad you're starting to get around and that the worst is over. I'll bet you're getting tired of the ice packs and pain, but it'll get better.
    Jo, glad you got out. We went for a walk yesterday morning, but I spent a good part of the day looking on line for a weekend away with the kids in October. So, I'm kind of sore this morning. Too much sitting and too much time on the computer!
    Off to yoga this morning, maybe I can stretch out some of the kinks....will also spend a few minutes in the sauna to help loosen up.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was in the 70s today, 74.55 degrees, Today I did 8,200 Steps + One Thin Dime so far. The Humidity is up to a Dew Point of 65 which is above the comfortable range. Later on this week the weather is supposed to be better :)

That picture of the deer was shot off of a Bridge over that Brook AKA Creek. It was sitting there sideways to the bridge until i managed to get the Camera out and powered up and then as You can it had decided to move on. The Road noise does not seem to bother it.

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all, doing pretty good still learning how to walk but I think the worst part is over . I do still have pain but I live with ice packs all the time this week I have pt on tuesday and thursday I will be getting on more now that I can get up the steps better

Hi Irene
    I am happy that You are doing better. I know the rehab can take a while from a family member that had their knees done. They got around so much better afterwards. Sadly they had waited a little to long to be back to 100% but ended up happy that they had the Knees replaced.

Better Ice Packs than many of the Pain Killers that get prescribed :)

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I am glad to hear you are getting around better.
    Roger-nice pictures. I got out early and went walking this morning. I am feeling better today, but still not 100%.
    At least I got out and walked and did a little housework today, yesterday I didn't leave the couch all day.
    Vix-I don't like to walk when it is too hot out. I don't like being sweaty.

Hi Joanne
    I am happy that You are feeling better. I am not one of those types that likes feeling sweaty either. That would be why I was out the door a little earlier today than Yesterday when The weather was cooler. I was laying there not falling back to sleep so I said, Self, You might as well get going.

Enjoy the Upcoming week
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Nice pictures, Rick. Sometimes we see critters on our walks in the park. :)
    Irene...glad you're starting to get around and that the worst is over. I'll bet you're getting tired of the ice packs and pain, but it'll get better.
    Jo, glad you got out. We went for a walk yesterday morning, but I spent a good part of the day looking on line for a weekend away with the kids in October. So, I'm kind of sore this morning. Too much sitting and too much time on the computer!
    Off to yoga this morning, maybe I can stretch out some of the kinks....will also spend a few minutes in the sauna to help loosen up.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Rick? Well the Starting letter is right anyway :)

I find that the stiffness from sitting passes quickly once I get going again.

Enjoy the Yoga and Sauna, I'm sure they will help.
    Roger
  • eku0
    Sorry Roger...don't know what I was thinking! Roger is a much better name! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Just checking in. I went to work today and am starting to feel a lot better.
    Tomorrow I go for my yearly physical at 8:10 and then I have the rest of the day to myself.
    I managed to lose a few lbs. while I was sick. I hope I can keep it off. I am not going to officially record it until it stays the same for a few days.
    Vix-I try not to spend too much time on the computer...sitting bothers my back and looking down at the computer bothers my neck. Don't you just love getting older? :p
    My landscaper come by today and created two new flower beds for me, now I just have to figure out what I want to plant there.
    Roger-That is always the way when you want to take a picture of an animal. By the time you get the camera ready, they have moved.
    Have a great afternoon and evening. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, glad you're feeling better. Good luck with your yearly physical tomorrow. Haha....no....on the getting older! Luckily I had a massage today which helped, but I didn't want it to end. Fun having new flower beds. :) I've put a few pounds back on...my body is not cooperating, again. And I'm feeling really tired. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    vix sorry I missed your birthday hope you had a fun day
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was in the 72 today, a couple of degrees cooler than Yesterday, Today I have done 7,785 Steps so far. Tomorrow is predicted to be warmer and then later on this week the weather is supposed to be better :)

Tomorrow is Market Day at the local Grocery Store to take advantage of the 10% Wednesday Senior Discount day. I will need some Fruits and I finished off a box of cereal Monday and need to decide if I want another Multi-Grain Cheerios or something different to put into the 6 different cereals I use. I use a different one every day when I am having cold cereal. When I start with the cereals for breakfast I eat them until I use up the quart of Dollar Store milk I pulled off of the Pantry shelf as once I open it I have to refrigerate and use it before it spoils.

Have a Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Sorry Roger...don't know what I was thinking! Roger is a much better name! :)
    Jo, glad you're feeling better. Good luck with your yearly physical tomorrow. Haha....no....on the getting older! Luckily I had a massage today which helped, but I didn't want it to end. Fun having new flower beds. :) I've put a few pounds back on...my body is not cooperating, again. And I'm feeling really tired. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Vix
    Not a problem, I suspect we all do things like that I've been called worse things than that BTW :)

I have a suspicion that the tired feeling could be tied to diet. That reminds me that I need to refill my 7 day pill thing I keep my Vitamins in. I eat take them at dinnertime which may be strange?

Good Luck
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Just checking in. I went to work today and am starting to feel a lot better.
    Tomorrow I go for my yearly physical at 8:10 and then I have the rest of the day to myself.
    I managed to lose a few lbs. while I was sick. I hope I can keep it off. I am not going to officially record it until it stays the same for a few days.
    Vix-I try not to spend too much time on the computer...sitting bothers my back and looking down at the computer bothers my neck. Don't you just love getting older? :p
    My landscaper come by today and created two new flower beds for me, now I just have to figure out what I want to plant there.
    Roger-That is always the way when you want to take a picture of an animal. By the time you get the camera ready, they have moved.
    Have a great afternoon and evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    Is it a desktop computer, Tablet or Laptop? I have been using a HDTV for my computer monitor for 10 years now. I stated with the 32" 720P HDTV that was the heart of my my "So Called" Home Entertainment system. IE a DVR, Media Player, DVD recorder/player and a BluRay Player and a 5.1 later upgraded to 7.1 Sound system. Then for Christmas I gave myself a 42" 1080I HDTV. I like it as the computer monitor, I can roll the little re-purposed Printer table that holds the wireless Mouse & keyboard in front of my chair and sit back and the screen is at the right height. I have also heard of offices where they use workstations that You stand at.

I suppose You could start the fall with Mums for a instant burst of color in the new planting beds as well as some spring flowering bulbs such as Snow Drops and Crocus for early spring blooms, as well as Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinths. Then Either Dutch Iris or the more common and decide over the winter what Perennials You want to plant in the spring.
    Irises are perennial plants, growing from creeping rhizomes (rhizomatous irises) or, in drier climates, from bulbs (bulbous irises).

I guess that's life, by the timing is everything :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    vix sorry I missed your birthday hope you had a fun day

Hi Irene
    I hope Your Rehab and PT is going well.
    Roger