Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Today I am at 7K Steps + 10 cents, I will be higher as I need to load the car for a trip to the recycle yard.

I have been listening to the Old Time Radio show called Escape.
    Today's weather it was 80 degrees out the door and high humidity, Well 79.7 Degrees is close enough to 80 for me, It is supposed to go up to 95+ later on today.

Have a Great Saturday
    Roger

Hi Vix
    1st things first, I'm now home from the Recycle center, bank, Produce store, Dollar Store, & Post Office and up to 8500 steps. I did not go as far as usual this morning on my walk due to the heat & humidity and the plan to go do the running too.

I hope the County fair is good :)

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    My knee only hurts when I go up and down stairs. I have been icing it and taking ibuprofen. I worked overnight, so I am off now until Tuesday.
    Roger-Wow, you were busy this morning. :)
    Vix-Enjoy the county fair.
    Irene-I hope you are feeling a little better every day.
    Only thing on my agenda today is going to Ocean State Job Lot to return an audio book. We already had it.
    I may check out some second hand stores. I am looking for a twin headboard for the spare room.
    It is a little cooler today, currently 75 and overcast.
    Enjoy your Saturday! :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi all...it's yucky hot here (95 or there abouts). I went to the fair, but didn't stay long. There didn't seem to be as much art as last year, though there were some nice pieces. There was some really nice woodwork, and of course needle crafts, and home crafts (canning and baking). Just walked by the animal barns on the way out....too hot and smelly to linger. Skipped the produce area. Basically staying in the air conditioning today.
    Jo, glad you get some time off....enjoy!
    Roger, if the weather's like here.....no....not a good day for being outside.
    Hope you're feeling better day by day, Irene.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Happy Sunday!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today I have hit 8.1K Steps, That includes the stop at the Grocery Store for 2 Dozen low Priced Jumbo Eggs and a 4 ounce package of Baked Ham to use as 2 SC protein.

I am still listening to the Old Time Radio show called Escape.
    Today's weather it was 82 degrees out the door and high humidity, That is 2 Degrees higher than yesterday at the same time, It is supposed to go up to 95+ later on today.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    My knee only hurts when I go up and down stairs. I have been icing it and taking ibuprofen. I worked overnight, so I am off now until Tuesday.
    Roger-Wow, you were busy this morning. :)
    Vix-Enjoy the county fair.
    Irene-I hope you are feeling a little better every day.
    Only thing on my agenda today is going to Ocean State Job Lot to return an audio book. We already had it.
    I may check out some second hand stores. I am looking for a twin headboard for the spare room.
    It is a little cooler today, currently 75 and overcast.
    Enjoy your Saturday! :)

Hi Joanne
    Whee, Off until Tuesday :)

I have done that too with books, I usually can not be bothered to return them as It means paying shipping back to the vendor which would wipe out a lot of return fee. I figure it serves me right for forgetting to check the bookcases first :)

You are lucky it is that cool. Our overnight lows will finally be in the 70s for the upcoming week.

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all...it's yucky hot here (95 or there abouts). I went to the fair, but didn't stay long. There didn't seem to be as much art as last year, though there were some nice pieces. There was some really nice woodwork, and of course needle crafts, and home crafts (canning and baking). Just walked by the animal barns on the way out....too hot and smelly to linger. Skipped the produce area. Basically staying in the air conditioning today.
    Jo, glad you get some time off....enjoy!
    Roger, if the weather's like here.....no....not a good day for being outside.
    Hope you're feeling better day by day, Irene.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Good morning.
    Happy Sunday!

Hi Vix
    I agree with the Yucky part, at this point I do not even feel like going out to turn off the drip hoses that have now been dripping away 2 3/4 hours :)

Our weather has also been in the mid 90s and very humid and will be that way today too.

Stay Cool
    Off to the rest of my Breakfast Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    Today is 8K Steps done, It was a whopping 78 degrees out the door and a reported lower humidity. That means a giant :) 4 degrees cooler than yesterday.

I am still listening to the Old Time Radio show called Escape. I think it is nearing time to look at the Old Time Radio shows I downloaded from the Public Domain site and decide what to prepare to Sync with the iPod when I go to charge it next time. Maybe a Western or two, Hmmm there is an idea, Make a set of one episode show samples to listen too. Toss in other categories and see what strikes my fancy for longer term listening :)

As I was sitting down to Dinner last night I glanced at the Living Room window and the rain was hitting it hard enough that I could almost see through it.

I figure I brought that on as I watered the plants yesterday in the morning.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    We have had thunder storms 2 nights in a row. I am starting to see green lawn again.
    We still haven't caught the skunk. :(
    I see I forgot to hit reply yesterday when I wrote my post.
    I did find a headboard on Saturday. It is a Hitchcock in excellent condition and I only paid $10.00 for it.
    Today my mission is to get a box spring and mattress for it.
    Enjoy your day and stay cool! :)
  • RogerToo
    For Vix :)
    Aqv3g1.gif

Sorry I couldn't resist
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Hi Roger and Jo. Hope you're doing well, Irene!
    We had t-storms here last night too. We needed the rain, though it didn't rain for very long...lots of thunder and lightning.
    Congrats on finding a headboard, Jo...that was a great bargain! Good for you!
    Still hot here, starting to go down a little . Went to yoga this morning, and getting ready to go for my massage. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today is 8K+ Steps done, It was 80 degrees out the door and higher humidity.

No to much to say today, tomorrow is market day, 10% Senior Discount Day. Most likely some Bananas and other fruit. My Brother kindly Hard Boiled a Dozen Eggs yesterday so they will be some of my proteins in the upcoming period. I do need to use up the open package of Ham since once You open them they do not stay good that long. I find that with any lunch-meats, including Deli Sliced to order meats. That will be 70 calories of protein and a a 60 Calorie Wrap and some light Mayo + No Sugar Added Sweet relish as a sandwich. I am undecided whether to buy another dozen of the Jumbo Eggs since they are only 79 cents - 10% tomorrow. And the use by dates are good.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Hi Roger and Jo. Hope you're doing well, Irene!
    We had t-storms here last night too. We needed the rain, though it didn't rain for very long...lots of thunder and lightning.
    Congrats on finding a headboard, Jo...that was a great bargain! Good for you!
    Still hot here, starting to go down a little . Went to yoga this morning, and getting ready to go for my massage. :)
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hello
    Good Morning to You.

Still not that great out today, Tuesday, it is supposed to be 89 degrees and maybe 90. Humid for today and tomorrow too. So far it looks like Friday will be the best day of the week.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Still hot and humid here too...supposed to be more t-storms later. We really needed the rain.
    Off to play with clay today. I mostly spend my time in AC in the summer. So far so good.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Well, I put some apple slice with peanut butter in the trap, but still no skunk and the apples are gone.
    It is hot and humid here also.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • eku0
    Hi Jo...some crafty critter found a way to get those treats! I guess the marshmallows are gone too. Are the traps set correctly?
    We just had another short t-storm....it's good, so hot we need the water.
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Well, I put some apple slice with peanut butter in the trap, but still no skunk and the apples are gone.
    It is hot and humid here also.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I was wondering if the trap had small openings that something like a mouse could get in and out of after eating the bait?

Baiting a Mouse Trap with Peanut butter placed inside will tell that if You do not mind killing them. I had left a couple of mouse traps baited with Peanut Butter in the suspended ceiling and a year later caught a mouse. I do not feel bad about that either as I do not want them in the house!

Good Luck, Stay Cool
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Still hot and humid here too...supposed to be more t-storms later. We really needed the rain.
    Off to play with clay today. I mostly spend my time in AC in the summer. So far so good.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
    Hi Jo...some crafty critter found a way to get those treats! I guess the marshmallows are gone too. Are the traps set correctly?
    We just had another short t-storm....it's good, so hot we need the water.

Hi Vix
    It is more humid and less warm, according to the weather report that makes today's THI the same as yesterdays. FWIW I prefer the older Temperature Humidity Index to what they seem to be using today where the say Feels like....

I have been turning on the Living Room AC while I eat my Banana before I get ready to go walking so as to come home to a cooler environment :)

Back when I was driving for a living I used to run into Thunderstorms and then when they passed the temps would go right back up and You could see the water steaming off of eh surface.

Some of those critters can be very smart.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    Today is 7.8K Steps + 36 cents found in two locations, It was 77 degrees out the door and a reported lower humidity. There was A Loud Thunderstorm rolled through around 12:45 last night, I know that since it made so much noise it woke me up.

While I was walking I stopped at the grocery Store and bought 4 Bananas and 2 Plums and saved 10% for the Senior Discount :)
    Next Item on my Agenda is Breakfast around 9AM then....

In a while around 9:30 I will head back out the door to CostCo for several bags of Frozen Vegetables and a tray of whatever Apples look best. The Ones I got at the Produce Store recently looked OK when I bought them, the next day the bruising showed up :( and the texture is somewhat mealy, Darn it.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    yuck...mealy apples.
    Back from body flow class, no other plans for today. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I caught a squirrel in the trap today, so I now know it is working correctly.
    I am going to get my hair cut later today.
    It is annoying when you spend the time to pick out good looking produce and then get home and find bruising.
    Irene-I hope you are doing better.
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    Today I did 9.2k Steps + 25cents found at the three block location on the outbound, It was 75 degrees out the door and a reported lower humidity. There were signs of a light rain overnight. Before I had gone 5 blocks it started to drizzle then just after the turnaround point on the route back to the house I needed to put up the umbrella :(
    Luckily I had it with me having watched the early morning weather report before heading out so I put the small folding one in my pocket just in case :)

Next Item on my Agenda is Breakfast around the 9AM to 9:30 point then take the laundry out of the washer that I started before I came here and put it into the dryer. Some dummy forgot to turn on the AC in the Living room to cool off the Main Floor AKA the Ground Floor ;) So here I am in the basement using the Video Work computer until later when it cools off up there.

I did go to CostCo and buy 3 bags of Frozen Vegetables, a 18 pack of the Light & Fit Greek Yogurt and a tray of Link Lady Apples as they are tasty and were reasonably priced.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger