Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    we have actually seen skunks out when we walk at 3am so maybe they only come out at night
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I finished the Harry Potter book. It was ok, not as good as the other books.
    Irene-I am glad Annie is ok. Cats and Dogs do get some of the same illnesses as humans. I hope you are not in too much pain.
    Hi Roger and Vix.
    I worked 2am-10am today and am now getting ready for a nap.
    I hope everyone is having a good day. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi
    Irene, glad Annie is better. :)
    I finished the Harry Potter book this morning, and took 2 back to the library. Picked up one that I ran out of time reading(not renewable). Will finish that in a couple of days and bring it back.
    I couldn't take vitamins/supplements for 5 days before a colonoscopy, and no pain medication (NSAIDS) for 3 days before and 2 weeks after. I think it does have something to do with possibly thinning your blood.
    I bought an adjustable cane when I had the operation on my ankle. Never know when I might want it again, or I could loan it to someone who is taller or shorter than me. :)
    Ran some errands today, and went with hubs to test drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. He test drove a Subaru Forester a few days ago. We're just looking around. He may want something a little smaller than his truck. Both our cars are really old and have over 200,000 miles on them. Not quite ready to buy yet, but it's good to be prepared.
    Hot and muggy here.
    Enjoy your Saturday! :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I finished the Harry Potter book. It was ok, not as good as the other books.
    Irene-I am glad Annie is ok. Cats and Dogs do get some of the same illnesses as humans. I hope you are not in too much pain.
    Hi Roger and Vix.
    I worked 2am-10am today and am now getting ready for a nap.
    I hope everyone is having a good day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I am sorry to hear that the book was not as good, I am not completely surprised as I heard that it based on the play and written directly by Rowling. From what I understand the play is based on something she wrote by someone else.

Hopefully You are off tomorrow
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi
    Irene, glad Annie is better. :)
    I finished the Harry Potter book this morning, and took 2 back to the library. Picked up one that I ran out of time reading(not renewable). Will finish that in a couple of days and bring it back.
    I couldn't take vitamins/supplements for 5 days before a colonoscopy, and no pain medication (NSAIDS) for 3 days before and 2 weeks after. I think it does have something to do with possibly thinning your blood.
    I bought an adjustable cane when I had the operation on my ankle. Never know when I might want it again, or I could loan it to someone who is taller or shorter than me. :)
    Ran some errands today, and went with hubs to test drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee. He test drove a Subaru Forester a few days ago. We're just looking around. He may want something a little smaller than his truck. Both our cars are really old and have over 200,000 miles on them. Not quite ready to buy yet, but it's good to be prepared.
    Hot and muggy here.
    Enjoy your Saturday! :)

Hi Vix
    That sort of sounds like a reason to avoid a colonoscopy :) Plus I worked with someone where they botched the colonoscopy and put him in the hospital for days. It was a good thing he was already there for the procedure too. Not to scare anyone, Just one of those rare things that can go wrong.

Adjustable is all You can find here. Plus it is the easiest way to find t he perfect height for one.

My Brother is going to need a new car in a little while as his is starting to suffer terminal rust due to age and driving on salted roads int he winter. He is unhappy as he does not want all the junk they seem to be putting cars these days. I include WiFi, Push Button start and so on.

Good Luck in Your search
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, I was avoiding it because they couldn't do it the first time. I found a better doctor, and had a polyp removed which was benign, but could have turned cancerous. Unfortunately, there are risks with everything.
    I think you can get some pretty simple cars, even now. The only Subaru that had push button start was it's most expensive model...all the rest have keys. And the tech packages on most of the cars seem to cost extra.
    Jo, I didn't think the Harry Potter book was very good either. But it was a quick read.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Roger, I was avoiding it because they couldn't do it the first time. I found a better doctor, and had a polyp removed which was benign, but could have turned cancerous. Unfortunately, there are risks with everything.
    I think you can get some pretty simple cars, even now. The only Subaru that had push button start was it's most expensive model...all the rest have keys. And the tech packages on most of the cars seem to cost extra.
    Jo, I didn't think the Harry Potter book was very good either. But it was a quick read.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I had one of those removed years ago too. I suspect it is time to have one, I just dread that drink they give You, it tastes bad and ties You to the house too. If I said My brother is pretty much a US make, Ford to specific for brand. He has no interest in Chrysler or GM :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    I've always bought US cars too....usually Chevy's until my Jeep (also had an Oldsmobile...do they even exist any more?). My husband has a Ford truck. Now it's harder to find...a lot of parts for all brands are made in different countries, and I know some companies have plants in the US, like Toyota Camry in Lafayette, Indiana. At this point, just looking for something that feels sturdy and comfortable and gets decent milage on regular gas.
  • eku0
    Went for a walk in the park before it got too hot. Nice. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all, well I did get my steps in right now I am at 10,220 not too bad now that I am off all pain relievers I feel a lot of those steps. I go in at 6 am glad to getting it over with I can't imagine me living my life this way. I had a colonoscopy couple of years ago it is always good to have done , it is like anything else things can go wrong but it is better than not doing nothing. Our weather here today is beautiful nice summer day. I have a 2015 jeep I love it .Well take care all I will get on when I can
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Good luck tomorrow. :)
    I am due for a colonoscopy next year,not looking forward to it. :s
    Well we found where the skunk smell was coming from. He or she is living under our shed. I hope there are no babies. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Irene, best wishes for tomorrow. It's good to get in there early. Will keep good thoughts coming your way.
    Jo, with a skunk, I think I would call in a professional! There are some repellants (like deer or rabbit repellent) ...I've seen them online, but never had to buy any. You can google that and give it a try. I'm sure it's less expensive than an exterminator.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today I am currently at 9.6K Steps & 12 cents, I finished up yesterday at 10.8K steps.
    Today's weather is slightly warmer at 70.1 degrees out the door and still a decent humidity, I am currently showing 72 degrees on the Front porch and it is supposed to go up around 90 later on today. I have nothing much planned today, some cleaning with shredding in the basement and getting the last box to go to the recycle center later this week :)

From the MFP staff here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10439749/upcoming-scheduled-maintenance-affecting-newsfeed-8-9-16#latest
    We have some planned maintenance scheduled starting the evening of Wednesday, 8/9/16 (PST) and will last 24 hours. This maintenance will affect the functionality of new likes and comments on the newsfeed.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    I've always bought US cars too....usually Chevy's until my Jeep (also had an Oldsmobile...do they even exist any more?). My husband has a Ford truck. Now it's harder to find...a lot of parts for all brands are made in different countries, and I know some companies have plants in the US, like Toyota Camry in Lafayette, Indiana. At this point, just looking for something that feels sturdy and comfortable and gets decent milage on regular gas.
    Went for a walk in the park before it got too hot. Nice. :)
    Hi all.
    Irene, best wishes for tomorrow. It's good to get in there early. Will keep good thoughts coming your way.
    Jo, with a skunk, I think I would call in a professional! There are some repellants (like deer or rabbit repellent) ...I've seen them online, but never had to buy any. You can google that and give it a try. I'm sure it's less expensive than an exterminator.

Hi Vix
    I used to buy American Motors AKA Rambler or AMC, Until they folded. Then I got a New Pontiac that lasted many years and now I drive a Buick.
    You are Correct Oldsmobile is gone as are Pontiac and Saturn :)

Congratulations on getting out ahead of the heat
    Roger
    hi all, well I did get my steps in right now I am at 10,220 not too bad now that I am off all pain relievers I feel a lot of those steps. I go in at 6 am glad to getting it over with I can't imagine me living my life this way. I had a colonoscopy couple of years ago it is always good to have done , it is like anything else things can go wrong but it is better than not doing nothing.
    Our weather here today is beautiful nice summer day. I have a 2015 jeep I love it .Well take care all I will get on when I can

Hi Irene
    Feedback from a current owner is always the best for anything. So many Reviews on the Internet are questionable IMO.

Congratulations on all those steps
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Good luck tomorrow. :)
    I am due for a colonoscopy next year,not looking forward to it. :s
    Well we found where the skunk smell was coming from. He or she is living under our shed. I hope there are no babies. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Hi Joanne
    Yuck on the Skunk's lair. We had skunks living under our shed one year too, It managed to get caught somehow and died before we found it. I think I would call the the town and talk to the Animal Control office if You have one. One possibility would be a Live trap and relocating it. You would need to cover the cage once it is trapped with something You did not mind discarding afterwards. Even given the cost of the cage it might be the cheapest option, However one that has some risk of ending up getting sprayed.

Another possibilty if You do not have an animal control office (officer) in town maybe You can call the County Extension Service for suggestions.

From Here
    http://totalwildlifecontrol.com/critter-facts-control/skunks/
    March and April is breeding season for yearling females. With a gestation period of 7-10 weeks, adults have their young during the first part of May, and yearlings during the first part of June. Typically, they only have one litter a year, with between 1-15 young. The average / most common litter will be between 4 to 6 kittens. The skunk babies, or young, are called kittens, sometimes “kits” for short. They stay with their mothers until fall.
    And Getting rid of them from here
    http://totalwildlifecontrol.com/critter-facts-control/skunks/get-rid-of-skunks/

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you're recovery goes well.
    Skipping the gym this morning. I have an annual exam scheduled this morning. Then I'll be meeting a friend for lunch and running some errands.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-thinking of you this morning. :)
    I have someone coming to set a trap this afternoon, all I have to do is check each morning to see if anything is in it.
    They will come and take it away. I hope it works. I am afraid to go out in the yard. Every time I think it will be ok, because I can't smell the skunk, I go out and within a few minutes the smell is back and becomes stronger as I get near the shed.
    Vix-good luck with your exam and enjoy your lunch.
    I am just puttering around the house today and finishing up another JD Robb book.
    Enjoy your day. :)
  • eku0
    Glad you've got the skunk situation in hand, Jo. Hope the trap works soon.
    It's always nice seeing old friends. Lunch was good, a ceasar salad with a salmon cake on top. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Irene, hope you're recovery goes well.
    Skipping the gym this morning. I have an annual exam scheduled this morning. Then I'll be meeting a friend for lunch and running some errands.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
    Glad you've got the skunk situation in hand, Jo. Hope the trap works soon.
    It's always nice seeing old friends. Lunch was good, a ceasar salad with a salmon cake on top. :)

Hi Vix
    An easy day for once. Salmon cake, we always made our own Salmon Patties, IE Canned Salmon, Egg and Crumbled Saltine Crackers, then Pan fried in Butter and served topped with Butter. Can You tell why I haven't had any for a couple of years? Is that anything near what You had?

The family meals were always somewhat simple in terms of ingredient count. For example: Tuna Casserole made with canned Tuna, Cream of Mushroom and Crumbles Potato Chips and baked in a Casserole Dish until Browned. I think being used to that is one of the reasons I did not like the NS version along with the strong Fishy smell from the Tuna in the NS version.

Anyway Enough about my simplistic diet
    Have a Good Evening
    Roger
    Good morning;
    Irene-thinking of you this morning. :)
    I have someone coming to set a trap this afternoon, all I have to do is check each morning to see if anything is in it.
    They will come and take it away. I hope it works. I am afraid to go out in the yard. Every time I think it will be ok, because I can't smell the skunk, I go out and within a few minutes the smell is back and becomes stronger as I get near the shed.
    Vix-good luck with your exam and enjoy your lunch.
    I am just puttering around the house today and finishing up another JD Robb book.
    Enjoy your day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I mentioned someone here had a Skunk Problem, His answer was a live trap, One small enough that the Skunk could not raise it's tail to spray and then take it somewhere else to release it.

I see You came up with a easy quick answer too.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited August 2016
    Good morning.
    I think the salmon patty was grilled....more like a crab cake, made with salmon. It was good. My mother used to make them, similar to yours, but I think with wheat germ instead of crackers. I haven't had one in decades.
    Going to play with clay today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today I am currently at 8.7K Steps & 1 cent found 3 blocks from home as I was on the homeward leg. I finished up yesterday at 11.5K steps. Tomorrow is the Grocery Store stop while walking day, I might as well get that 10% Senior Discount given on Wednesday.

While walking The last of the Bulldog Drummond OTR (Old Time Radio) shows finished so I decided to go to some humor and put on Fibber McGee & Molly and as it happened the first two shows are both Christmas shows :)

Today's weather is slightly cooler at 67.8 degrees out the door and still a relative humidity of 93%, It is supposed to go up around 90 later on today. The Lawn is getting shaggy loooking and therefore I will need to mow in the next couple of days as it is my turn to mow. I have nothing else planned and am ambivalent as to whether or not to do it today or tomorrow and shorten my walking yesterday to compensate for the mowing.

Have a Great Week
    Roger
    Good morning.
    I think the salmon patty was grilled....more like a crab cake, made with salmon. It was good. My mother used to make them, similar to yours, but I think with wheat germ instead of crackers. I haven't had one in decades.
    Going to play with clay today.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
    Hi Vix
    I am sort of missing them, OTOH I only really liked them with lots of Butter or Lots of Butter slathered on bread as a sandwich.

I do not eat Crab so I have no idea how a crab cake is made :)

I never used Wheat Germ, How does it taste?

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • eku0
    My mother used to put wheat germ in everything...it's a filler, I don't think I ever "tasted " it.
    Crab cakes are made in a similar way. Some use more or less fillers than others...crackers, bread crumbs, whatever....but I don't usually get them fried, and I don't put butter on them! I like the ones with less fillers.