Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Today I am currently at 7.8K Steps & 1 cent found as I was on the outbound leg of my walk. I finished up yesterday at 13,022 steps. Today is the Grocery Store stop while walking day.

I had put on Fibber McGee & Molly and then I am switching to something else. Tomorrow I have selected Fred Allen to listen to while walking.

Today's weather is 78 degrees out the door and high humidity, It is supposed to go up around 90 later on today. The Lawn was getting shaggy looking and therefore I decided to mow Yesterday morning as it was my turn to mow. I have nothing else planned for today.

I had a indication that the Living Room TV was going south on us yesterday :( so I ordered a inexpensive 40 Inch at $219 + tax, a Avera 40AER10 40-Inch 1080p LED TV (2015 Model) as it had more connectivity compared to cheaper models of the same size. If curious here is the link:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013CQOSD8/ref=od_aui_detailpages01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    TnPH8u.jpg
    5zbVS6.png
    So of course it died last night when I sat down to watch the news and I had to pull a small 24" HDTV off of the wall mount in the bedroom, find the stand and hook it up/ Luckily I had enough HDMI cables to do that for the best picture which also eliminates the need for separate audio cables. I was planning to change the cables anyway as the old Sony Triniton was a SD with no HDMI or Component connections.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    My mother used to put wheat germ in everything...it's a filler, I don't think I ever "tasted " it.
    Crab cakes are made in a similar way. Some use more or less fillers than others...crackers, bread crumbs, whatever....but I don't usually get them fried, and I don't put butter on them! I like the ones with less fillers.

Hi Vix
    I suppose that means You want them Baked?

That is a good way to avoid fats :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning...
    Baked, broiled, or grilled, yes, less fat. :)
    Just back from body flow and the sauna. ah. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I forgot to check in yesterday.
    The trap is set, but no skunk so far. They bait the trap with marshmallows.
    Vix-I like crab cakes, but have never had salmon cakes.
    Roger-sorry about your tv, good thing you had a back up. I am waiting for my tv to go and then I plan on getting a 40". I have mine mounted over the fireplace, thus no need for a stand.
    Irene-thinking of you and hoping you are not in too much pain.
    It has been pouring most of the morning, now we are down to a light rain. I am starting to see green again on my lawn.
    Have a nice day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today I am currently at 8.4K Steps, I finished up yesterday at 9.3K steps.

I have selected Fred Allen to listen to while walking.It turned out to be the December 22,1937 Christmas show :) all 59 minutes of it add in the 12 minutes I talked to my brother on the way out to get my Coffee and Two songs on the way back and that concluded my walking. I Suspect I was walking a little faster than usual to get back home under the Fan & AC. I stopped in the back Yard, picked and ate some Raspberries that had ripened on the late variety plants too.

Today's weather it was 80 degrees out the door and high humidity, Well 79.9 Degrees is close enough to 80 for me, It is supposed to go up around 90+ later on today. I am happy I mowed the lawn Tuesday as The humidity and Temperature have beem high enough that it was uncomfortable out the Door For Wednesday & Today. Today's reported Humidity is somewhat higher than Yesterday and the

The Avera 40AER10 40-Inch 1080p LED TV shows, Bound Brook, NJ, United States 08/11/2016, 3:34 A.M., Out For Delivery. And the Cable I ordered with it shows arrived at the local post office last night. So I should be busy later today Pulling the 24" TV and putting the wall mount back on it and installing it back in the bedroom and hooking up the New larger TV :)

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning...

Baked, broiled, or grilled, yes, less fat. :)
    Just back from body flow and the sauna. ah. :)

Hi Vix
    I'm not totally sold on Fat as the Enemy, I tend to think of Sugar as worse than fat in moderation :) I think We need some fat in our diet, especially in Cold weather.

Lowering Fat is a Good Goal, Eliminating it as someone I knew did is probably wrong, It also did not lower her Cholesterol enough and the weight came back once she gave up on the no fat diet.

I felt bad for her at Thanksgiving, eating no fat crackers and water pack Tuna when the rest of us were eating Turkey, Bread Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes with Butter and Milk to make them creamier etc.

I do eat normal foods for Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years Day, Just less of them than in the past :)

Enjoy the Body Flow and Sauna
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I forgot to check in yesterday.
    The trap is set, but no skunk so far. They bait the trap with marshmallows.
    Vix-I like crab cakes, but have never had salmon cakes.
    Roger-sorry about your tv, good thing you had a back up. I am waiting for my tv to go and then I plan on getting a 40". I have mine mounted over the fireplace, thus no need for a stand.
    Irene-thinking of you and hoping you are not in too much pain.
    It has been pouring most of the morning, now we are down to a light rain. I am starting to see green again on my lawn.
    Have a nice day. :)

Hi Joanne
    Marshmallows ? Huh!

Considering that I am paying well under Three Hundred even with three cables as I need them to hook it up via HDMI and Component for a HD picture vs the old TV that used RCA jacks for SD. I saw the same model yesterday on NewEgg for $200 with free shipping. That's what I get for buying to quickly, I paid a liitle bit more, $219. I also brought up out of the basement some Old unused Computer with Bass & Treble controls to use with the 24" TV, I think I may leave them to use with the New TV as I suspect that just as with the basement TV the sound will be tinny. Hard to know how they could get really good sounding speakers in a TV set these days as they are so thin and have a small bezel around the screen.

Good Luck with that Skunk
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Jo, that's funny that they use marshmallows to catch skunks. :)
    Roger, I'm not against fat at all. I'm just trying to stick to healthier fats like olive and coconut oils, avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds. My current diet has more fat than NS. I do occasionally have butter, I just don't tend to use it a lot. It is yummy. :)
    Going to paint this a.m. It's going to be hot, so not sure about the afternoon.
    Irene, hope you're recovering nicely.
    Happy Thursday, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Jo, that's funny that they use marshmallows to catch skunks. :)
    Roger, I'm not against fat at all. I'm just trying to stick to healthier fats like olive and coconut oils, avocados, olives, nuts, and seeds. My current diet has more fat than NS. I do occasionally have butter, I just don't tend to use it a lot. It is yummy. :)
    Going to paint this a.m. It's going to be hot, so not sure about the afternoon.
    Irene, hope you're recovering nicely.
    Happy Thursday, everyone.

Hi
    I did not think that You were against fat per se......

When I use Butter anymore and yes I use Butter not Margarine or ICBINB I get the taste without slathering on it think like I used to. I think my Taste Buds have Improved since I stopped eating Junk Food and not salting the heck out of foods or using lots of sweets.

I blame NS for that FWIW :)

Have fun Painting, I'm guessing You mean pictures and not a room or the house :)

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all , didn't read much I get to tired I am doing ok a lot of pain pt every day she is great she keeps pushing me take care everyone
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Still didn't catch the skunk. I moved the trap to a different location.
    Roger-enjoy your new TV.
    Irene-It will get a little better every day. I am sure the dr. gave you pain meds.
    Vix-I use butter also, mostly on toast or if I have a roll. I don't cook with it or add it to anything.
    Lazy afternoon, it is too hot out to do anything.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    It's too hot here too!
    Roger...yay! new TV! :)
    Irene, aw...hope you feel better soon. The pain meds should help, and it's good you're already started on PT.
    Jo, I'm the same with butter. But want the real thing if/when I have it. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    My Review of the Tiramisu Snack
    From NS This classic dessert has everything you love—creamy mascarpone cheese, delicious coffee and rich chocolate flavors—and it's a good source of protein and fiber, so you can feel good about indulging!
    Link here to the review with images of the snack and Nutrition.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10442312/tiramisu-snack-item-120-calories-1-9-ounce#latest

I just had one, It was tasty and a decent portion. It comes in a round tray about 3 inches across and the entree is about 1/2 inch deep inside of that tray, I just defrosted and ate. As I say it was Tasty, however it has been a long time since I had Tiramisu and despite that I do not think it tastes like Tiramisu, OTOH I liked it and am happy I Bought Five.

Tomorrow I will be reporting on the Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Snack 140 calories 2.1 Ounce
    and the
    Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast 130 Calories 3.5 Ounces

I ordered a A La Carte frozen order to fill in some shorts in my on hand food as I have delayed the next order so I added these three Frozen items. I could have held off but I did want to try them too :)

So Tonight the Brownie and tomorrow for breakfast the Baked Blueberry Oatmeal.

Enjoy
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all , didn't read much I get to tired I am doing ok a lot of pain pt every day she is great she keeps pushing me take care everyone

Hi Irene
    I feel badly for You and Your pain. However I did more or less expect it since when Mom had both Knees done she had bad pain too. However after the rehab she was much more mobile and able to give up needing the walker etc and was back to getting around. The Bottom Line is a short term pain for a long term painfree gain.

Good Luck
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Still didn't catch the skunk. I moved the trap to a different location.
    Roger-enjoy your new TV.
    Irene-It will get a little better every day. I am sure the dr. gave you pain meds.
    Vix-I use butter also, mostly on toast or if I have a roll. I don't cook with it or add it to anything.
    Lazy afternoon, it is too hot out to do anything.

Hi Joanne
    The TV arrived by 2PM and I had it hooked up to be sure it was OK as the box took a bit of a beating from the UPS handling :) I wanted to be sure that the screen was not cracked. I also took pictures of the box before opening it. To show how damaged it was I used a yard stick so show the bends and dents better.

It works fine. My brother brought down the Dolly and after I verified it was OK we moved it to the side and put the dead Sony on the dolly and wheeled it out of the living room. Wow, what a lot of dust had built up under the old TV too. The old one was a 27" Triniton SD TV and this is a 40" HDTV what a improvement in size and picture. I need one more HDMI cable to hook up the DVD Player and it will be done. Currently that is hooked up with the Old style Red/White/Yellow RCA Plugs. The Satellite TV Box and the Cable Box were already HD models so no problem there.

It was hot and humid enough to be uncomfortable at 6AM :(

Good Luck with the Skunk!
    Roger
    It's too hot here too!
    Roger...yay! new TV! :)
    Irene, aw...hope you feel better soon. The pain meds should help, and it's good you're already started on PT.
    Jo, I'm the same with butter. But want the real thing if/when I have it. :)
    Have a good evening, everyone.

Hi Vix
    You can read my reply to Irene regarding the TV :) I'm happy so far, I think I may need a speaker bar or something the sound is poor which I knew going in. I spent some time reworking the Timers in the DVR to record the HD version as I had set them to record the SD versions to save disk space since I had a SD TV hooked up to it.

Too Hot, I felt it when I popped out to bring in the mail and said Oh My Gosh!

Stay Cool
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning...
    It's hot already! Going up to 95 today. Blech.
    I'm off to zumba this morning.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning...
    It's hot already! Going up to 95 today. Blech.
    I'm off to zumba this morning.

Hi Vix
    The forecast showed 96 as a high for today and tomorrow and very humid too. I made sure to turn the Living Room AC on before I went out the door, it was showing 81 degrees there and only 77 degrees outside :)

Fortunately the Bedrooms all have Window ACs

More later after I try the breakfast item
    Roger
  • RogerToo

08/11/2016 100%

Hi
    Today I am currently at 8K+ Steps, I finished up yesterday at 11K+ steps.
    Today's weather it was 77 degrees out the door and high humidity, It is supposed to go up around 96 degrees later on today.

I have selected a radio show called Escape from 1947 to listen to while walking. I think I will listen to more of them.

Some Mini Reviews with links to the review page with images and Nutrition information below.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Snack
    I liked this one too, It was a decent size and density, slightly crumbly and I should have had it on a plate to avoid making a mess :) I will be reordering it.
    Product Details from NS
    Get your chocolate and peanut butter fix in this delicious snack! These brownies are chocolately, chewy and guilt free: high in fiber and a good source of protein, with no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10442309/chocolate-peanut-butter-brownie-snack-140-calories-2-1-ounce#latest

Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast
    I just had this for breakfast and it is round, 3" across with tapering sides and 1" high. It is more or less a already prepared slight Cinnamon Oatmeal with plenty of Blueberries that is ready to eat once heated. I liked it, and a easy to get ready meal too. Just open and remove the package to heat and eat. I will most likely reorder it in the future, OTOH I should be able to use the Lower Sugar version Quaker Instant oats and add Blueberries. Doing that OTOH would be more work and more calories, the added calories coming form the Blueberries :)
    From the NS description
    Product Details
    With just 11 simple, whole food ingredients and no artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners, the real stars of this breakfast shine through: whole grain rolled oats, wild blueberries and a touch of honey. Baked to golden perfection!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10442307/baked-blueberry-oatmeal-breakfast-130-calories-3-5-ounces#latest

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    It is a hot and humid 96 degrees,yuk!
    I have cancelled my NS orders. I have not been following the plan, so felt I was just wasting my money and I haven't lost any signifiant weight is a very long time.
    Today was a terrible day. When I got into work the case where we keep the cut fruit was running hot, so I had to pull all the fruit and store it in the cooler, so it wouldn't spoil. The fruit cutter at night didn't do his job and I had no fruit to work with in order to make up the bowls and cups. And to top it all off, I tripped over a box and landed on my left knee. My knee is cut up a little, swollen and tender. I filled out an accident report and talked to the nurse. I have to ice it 4x a day and take tylenol. It only seems to hurt when I go up or down stairs. Through this all I managed to smile and keep my sense of humor. :)
    Tomorrow is a new day and a fresh start. :)
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I am sorry to hear that things are not working for You. Do You have NS Gift Cards left? If So You can either sell them to recoup the cost or do what I would do and use them to order some A La Carte frozen items such as desserts for a healthier treat. If You order $50 and up the shipping is free :)

It sounds as if You have had a rough day at work. Hopefully there is no lingering pain in Your knee. I Have fallen on a knee on a Cement floor no less, it hurt for a day or two, I figure I was lucky I did not permanent damage as I had that happen before I lost the weight I have lost so I came down pretty hard.

It sounds as if Your weather is the same as ours, and Yuck is a polite way to put it :)

Good Luck Tomorrow
    Roger
  • eku0
    hi all.
    Jo, so sorry you had a terrible day and got hurt. Glad that you haven't lost your sense of humor. Hope it heals quickly....I'm sure it's very painful. Ice and tylenol is good. You also may want to elevate it, and rest it as much as possible.
    Hot and yucky here too. I am exhausted!
    Have a good night everyone.
  • eku0
    Happy Saturday!
    Off to glaze my final 3 pieces of wheel pottery. Then to the county fair to check out the art exhibit. Depending on the heat, I may check out some other things....but it's supposed to be really hot today!
    Have a great weekend. :)