Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    yuck...mealy apples.
    Back from body flow class, no other plans for today. :)

Hi Vix
    I was not happy with them but I paid for them so I ate them :) I had one of the Pink Lady Apples from CostCo with my Dinner, what a difference, Nice and crispy too. I had Black Plums from the Grocery Store with my Lunch and that makes the three pieces of fruit I eat every day.

I hope the rest of Your day was Good
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    I caught a squirrel in the trap today, so I now know it is working correctly.
    I am going to get my hair cut later today.
    It is annoying when you spend the time to pick out good looking produce and then get home and find bruising.
    Irene-I hope you are doing better.

I suspect that what happens at the produce store is the workers are careless and just dump them in the bins and when I bought the bruising was less evident than when I went to eat them. That is one of the reasons I usually buy my fruits from the local Grocery store or CostCo. The local GS may be a little higher than the produce store but better quality.

Your trap may be working, I'm not sure I would say successfully if You caught a Tree Rat :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning.
    We had more t-storms here last night...quite a light show. :)
    Painting and chiropractor today.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    My Brother has started a frenzy of cooking to take to a friends house Friday (Tomorrow) so far his Home made baked beans, loaded with thick cut Bacon yesterday. Today he plans to make a Cheesecake and Probably cook the Corned Beef turned into a Pastrami. It actually comes out pretty good too. The Corned beef was bought on sale for St. Patty's day and the conversion was done then it was frozen uncooked. He can either do it here or put it in their smoker for 6 hours. I almost forgot a Tray of Eggplant Parm to take along too that was cooked Yesterday using Eggplants from our garden.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
    Good morning.
    We had more t-storms here last night...quite a light show. :)
    Painting and chiropractor today.
    Happy Thursday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Lucky me either they missed us or I slept through that.

Have Fun painting and good luck at the Chiropractor
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening,
    The trap was empty today, no critters or marshmallows. Someone is eating the marshmallows. I suspect the squirrels. I think they just jump over the pressure plate and eat the marshmallows.
    I tried looking under the shed with a flashlight but couldn't see anything. I think I was too far away, but didn't want to take any chances getting closer.
    I found 6 cents this week.
    Roger-If I lived at your house, I would never lose weight with all the tempting things your brother cooks. I have no will power. :)
    Have a great evening. :)
  • eku0
    Jp, sorry you didn't catch the skunk yet...are you still getting the odor?
    I agree, Roger...it would be hard to be where someone was cooking delicious treats.
    Irene, hope you're feeling better every day.
    Have a good night, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Today I did 7.4K Steps during my walking, It was 75 degrees out the door and a reported Higher humidity.

Next Item on my Agenda is Breakfast around the 9AM. Then my brother and I will be off to visit a friend south of us for the day. Once again some dummy forgot to turn on the AC in the Living room to cool off the Main Floor AKA the Ground Floor ;) So here I am in the basement using the Video Work computer until it cools off and I have Breakfast.

While My Brother was cooking to take to a friends house He also made Pesto with Basil from the garden, And We sliced two different Bolognas from Dietrichs, I am calling them that although the cloth said one was Lebanon Bologna and the Other was a Sweet Bologna. They are going with us along with the Pastrami, Cheesecake, Ritz style crackers for the Bologna, Home made baked Beans and The Eggplant Parm.

There goes the On NS Plan for today I suspect :) or is it :(

I also noticed a advertisement for the Buzzr Channel
    BUZZR

BUZZR is a digital multicast television network owned by FremantleMedia North America, a unit of the FremantleMedia subsidiary of RTL Group. This vintage game show television network has unprecedented access to the vast portfolio of more than 40,000 iconic game show episodes, which air around the clock on the digi-net channel. Featured titles include Family Feud, Let’s Make a Deal, What’s My Line, To Tell the Truth, Match Game, Super Password, Tattletales, Blockbusters, and Card Sharks.

BUZZR launched June 1st; in 35% of the country across 12 FOX owned and operated stations whose markets include New York City, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Dallas. This television network is available over-the-air and on selected cable and Telco providers.

I have to take a look at it as I liked some of the old game shows. If I like what I see it will be a reason to pull out the DVR that can record off of Basic Cable or Over the Air and does tune the Digital channels. I see it is available here in the NYC broadcast area as channel 9.2

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good evening,
    The trap was empty today, no critters or marshmallows. Someone is eating the marshmallows. I suspect the squirrels. I think they just jump over the pressure plate and eat the marshmallows.
    I tried looking under the shed with a flashlight but couldn't see anything. I think I was too far away, but didn't want to take any chances getting closer.
    I found 6 cents this week.
    Roger-If I lived at your house, I would never lose weight with all the tempting things your brother cooks. I have no will power. :)
    Have a great evening. :)
    Hi Joanne
    It sounds as if You need the style of trap with a one way door. What did the trap provider suggest as an alternative as this is not working?

What is that strange think You call will power?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Jp, sorry you didn't catch the skunk yet...are you still getting the odor?
    I agree, Roger...it would be hard to be where someone was cooking delicious treats.
    Irene, hope you're feeling better every day.
    Have a good night, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I need to be strong, however sometimes the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak and reaches out for the foods anyway.

I hope You are doing better Irene also.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Back from zumba. Off for a yearly preventative test.
    I'm feeling whiney today. I'm craving goodies!
    Hopefully it will pass quickly before I eat things I shouldn't!
    Happy Friday, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I forgot to bait the trap last night and we caught the skunk. I am now waiting for Baystate wildlife to come pick him up. It is very calm just lying in the cage.
    Vix-there must be something in the air,because I am craving goodies. I caved in and had a cannoli and some candy. :(
    Roger-it is ok to have an off plan day once in a while. You have done such a great job so far. :)
    Hi Irene, thinking of you. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, Yay on catching the skunk! That must be such a relief!
    I keep dark chocolate in the house. I normally have a piece. I had a couple of extra pieces. Luckily, my son stopped over last night and distracted me. :)
    Happy Saturday, all. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Happy Saturday;
    I am off work until Tuesday.
    They came and picked up the skunk around 7pm last night. There is still an odor. I think it is probably in the dirt where the cage was. I tried googling to see what to use, but could only find how to clean pets, clothing and furniture.
    Vix-you did better than I did yesterday with the cravings.
    Roger-How did you do yesterday with all the goodies?
    Hubby went to a British car show, so I am solo for the day. I think I will just relax and probably read.
    Have a wonderful day. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    Today I have done 9.1K Steps + 1 cent, It was 74 degrees out the door and a thus the coolest overnight for a while. Cooler weather is forecast for next week too.

Today feels like Sunday as Yesterday kept feeling like Saturday as usually we do not go visit that friend on weekdays :)

I did overeat unfortunately, I managed not to go way overboard, however I did eat two of the Peter Luger Burgers he supplies and grilled, tasty too. As well as a bit of Potato Salad and Coleslaw and my Brothers Homemade Baked Beans, Cheesecake, and last but not least Pastrami. Not huge amounts of any however. I suspect that the Pastrami is why I seem to be retaining water as it starts out with Corned Beef which is of course a Brined Beef Brisket.

OTOH that was my Lunch and Dinner, Midmorning and Midafternoon snacks for the day excluding the Apple I ate last night.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger

P.S. I noticed that a pair of fresh figs appeared on the counter while I was out. They came off of this years planting of two fig trees and from what my brother said there are a couple more small ones that were not ready.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Back from zumba. Off for a yearly preventative test.
    I'm feeling whiney today. I'm craving goodies!
    Hopefully it will pass quickly before I eat things I shouldn't!
    Happy Friday, everyone.

Hi Vix
    As Joanne mentioned sometimes You just need a little extra, The trick is to get back to eating right.

I think Yesterday was my first day where I went so far off plan. I forgot to mention in that post that I also had a Hebrew National Hot Dog. It pretty tasty fresh off the BBQ however. The Pastrami was cooked on his BBQ grill with a metal box for the wood chips that provided the smoke part and the Burgers and Dogs were done on a gas grill.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I forgot to bait the trap last night and we caught the skunk. I am now waiting for Baystate wildlife to come pick him up. It is very calm just lying in the cage.
    Vix-there must be something in the air,because I am craving goodies. I caved in and had a cannoli and some candy. :(
    Roger-it is ok to have an off plan day once in a while. You have done such a great job so far. :)
    Hi Irene, thinking of you. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I know a lot of this mornings weight rise is water weight now I need to buckle down for 2 or three days to get back down in weight for yesterday since I want to go get a haircut and that means this: Diner when I walk over for my haircut. I have a light breakfast and comfort stop with a Decaf to drink on the return trip after having my haircut. since the outbound walk to the barbershop is 2/3 of my regular walk distance (steps) I sort of need the rest stop and nutrients as otherwise I would be late on my breakfast :)

Congratulations on catching the skunk. Hopefully that is the only one
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, Yay on catching the skunk! That must be such a relief!
    I keep dark chocolate in the house. I normally have a piece. I had a couple of extra pieces. Luckily, my son stopped over last night and distracted me. :)
    Happy Saturday, all. :)

Hi Again
    As You may have noticed we are all human, And things happen :)

Hooray for Family

Enjoy Your Weekend
    Roger
    Happy Saturday;
    I am off work until Tuesday.
    They came and picked up the skunk around 7pm last night. There is still an odor. I think it is probably in the dirt where the cage was. I tried googling to see what to use, but could only find how to clean pets, clothing and furniture.
    Vix-you did better than I did yesterday with the cravings.
    Roger-How did you do yesterday with all the goodies?
    Hubby went to a British car show, so I am solo for the day. I think I will just relax and probably read.
    Have a wonderful day. :)

Hi Again
    If it is in the soil it will wash out with rainfall. Hopefully it does not mean another skunk as that would be :(

You can see how I did in the Long Status post above these replies.

Have a nice restful day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Back from a walk in the park...it was nice starting out, but got hot as we went along. Had a shower and a salad and am good for now. :)
    May go pick up my final 3 pieces from the pottery studio. No other plans...always have some books to read. :)
    I actually think it's good to go off plan once in a while (it tends to remind me why I don't eat certain things!)....it's just hard to get back.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I felt that it was cool when I started out today too then on the homeward bound leg I felt a little warm and that was around 7:30AM :)

I know exactly what You mean about hard to get back. Right Now after yesterday I feel a craving for sweets.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    That's why I keep dark chocolate....I guess you have NS desserts which would fill the bill. :)
    I went and got my 3 last pottery pieces. The dish is kind of cool and one of the pots has an interesting shape. :) Also went and picked up a few things for a friend who recently had a baby boy. Meeting her for lunch on Monday. It's about an hour away, so that'll take up my afternoon for sure.
    Pretty much just relaxing the rest of the night, unless I get ambitious and take on a project.
  • Joanne3366
    Good Sunday morning;
    I am sitting here drinking my coffee with the slider open and listening to the birds. It is currently 60 degrees and I am loving it. :)
    After my cravings the other day, I am happy to say that I did no damage.
    Today, I am going to my niece's house to pick up a Grandfather clock. It belonged to my sister that lives in Florida.
    She called me the other day and asked if I wanted it. My hubby has always wanted one, so we will pick it up today.
    Other than that I have no plans for the day.
    Enjoy your Sunday!
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Jo, enjoy the Grandfather clock...that's cool. :)
    No plans for today here either. Didn't work on any projects last night, so may do that today. :)
    Happy Sunday.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Yesterday I ended up at 10.3K + Steps, Today I have done 8.6K Steps + 1 cent so far, It was 75 degrees out the door. Cooler weather is forecast for next week starting Monday with overnight lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s which will be the coolest in a while.

FWIW here is a Picture of the Home made Pastrami, Eggplant Parmesan, Three Types of Tomatoes and Anaheim Peppers from the garden.
    y8fvtB.jpg
    And here is the Pastrami sliced BTW that is not me holding the Pastrami :)
    DAhRhs.jpg

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    That's why I keep dark chocolate....I guess you have NS desserts which would fill the bill. :)
    I went and got my 3 last pottery pieces. The dish is kind of cool and one of the pots has an interesting shape. :) Also went and picked up a few things for a friend who recently had a baby boy. Meeting her for lunch on Monday. It's about an hour away, so that'll take up my afternoon for sure.
    Pretty much just relaxing the rest of the night, unless I get ambitious and take on a project.
    Hi Vix
    For Chocolates I do like the Nutrichocolates and the Chocolate brownie and Chocolate Cake, They more than meet any Chocolate cravings. If I'm in the mood I may also put two or four teaspoons of RediWhip on the Cakes or brownie. FWIW Two Tbsp (5g) is 15 calories for the Extra Creamy RediWhip.

I'm glad to hear the final Pottery pieces pleased You
    Good Sunday morning;
    I am sitting here drinking my coffee with the slider open and listening to the birds. It is currently 60 degrees and I am loving it. :)
    After my cravings the other day, I am happy to say that I did no damage.
    Today, I am going to my niece's house to pick up a Grandfather clock. It belonged to my sister that lives in Florida.
    She called me the other day and asked if I wanted it. My hubby has always wanted one, so we will pick it up today.
    Other than that I have no plans for the day.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

Hi Joanne
    Wow, That is so much more cooler than here today. If it were that temperature I would have the front door open onto the Front porch which as screens and I have the Louvered Window open on the side that the breezes come from.

Enjoy the Grandfather Clock. That is something I would like, I just do not like the prices :)

Have a Good Sunday too
    Roger
    Good morning!
    Jo, enjoy the Grandfather clock...that's cool. :)
    No plans for today here either. Didn't work on any projects last night, so may do that today. :)
    Happy Sunday.

Hi Again
    Working on things when You feel like it is so much nicer than having to do it between work

Enjoy Your Sunday
    Roger