Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited August 2016

08/21/2016 100%

Hi
    Woo Hoo, It was in the 60s this morning, Well barely, 69.7 Degrees to be exact. Yesterday I ended up at 10.5K + Steps, Today I have done 7.6K Steps + No cents. Cooler weather is forecast for Monday through Wednesday, with overnight lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s which will be the coolest in a while.

We have had at least 10 Eggplants off of the two plants and there is at least one more ready to pick and another small one growing on the one plant at first glance. The other plant is semi hidden by the Blooming Sweet Potato plants, Yup they are in bloom and looking just like large Morning Glories. Right Now there is a Twin Eggplant parm in the freezer for later once the fresh ones are done. For now my Brother is Using them as well as handing them out to neighbors on both sides of us. We left the other one along with the Baked beans, Pastrami leftovers behind when we returned home. That was the plan and was our contribution. Those Peter Luger Hamburgers were expensive too, I saw the price label.Luger-Burger, Over 1/2 lb., on a Bun
    with French Fries and/or Cheese & Bacon
    Served Daily Until 3:45 PM

http://peterluger.com/brooklyn-menu/

Our SunChokes are still not in bloom.
    The Jerusalem artichoke (Helianthus tuberosus), also called sunroot, sunchoke, earth apple or topinambour, is a species of sunflower native to eastern North America
    And they should be blooming with Sunflower type blooms440px-Sunroot_top.jpg
    They look healthy enough are almost up to the Gutters, Approximately 8 foot tall currently :)

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Roger-Your Sunchokes are huge. Do you have to support them so they don't fall over?
    Nice job on the steps yesterday.
    I have nothing planned for today. I made a batch of corn muffins for hubby, did a load of laundry and put the dishwasher through.
    When I got up this morning around 4am it was pouring, now the sun is out and it is quite warm.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    Nope, No support, so far so good.

We look to have three days of nice weather, I suspect that Tuesday or Wednesday I will have to water as I do not recall any real rain in the forecast.

I used to make Corn Muffins and Blueberry Muffins when I was Younger, If You consider Jiffy Mix Real Muffin Mix :)

BTW why do recipes feel the need to specify Fresh Eggs, Who would use Stale Old Eggs?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi all.
    Went to the gym this morning , then met a friend with her new baby for lunch....it was over an hour's drive away, but good to see her and her little boy is adorable. :)
    Hope you get to relax some today, Jo.
    Roger, those sunchokes are really pretty. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Weight's been coming back on the last few days....have been eating sugar free ice pops and diet soda....guess they're off my list again. Also noticed my calorie count went up. Need to be more careful.
    Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Enjoy! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Whee, It was 61degrees this morning, Today I have done 7.3K Steps + 1 cent. I got out late due to a rough night, I either had a stomach flu or some bad food yesterday. There is definitely a nap coming up this afternoon :)

Have a Great Monday
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Went to the gym this morning , then met a friend with her new baby for lunch....it was over an hour's drive away, but good to see her and her little boy is adorable. :)
    Hope you get to relax some today, Jo.
    Roger, those sunchokes are really pretty. :)

Hi Vix
    Those are what they should look like, sadly not what they look like :)
    They are healthy and probably 8 foot tall but strangely to me they are not blooming .
    Good morning!
    Weight's been coming back on the last few days....have been eating sugar free ice pops and diet soda....guess they're off my list again. Also noticed my calorie count went up. Need to be more careful.
    Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Enjoy! :)

Hi Again
    I do not know if I would blame the Sugar free foods as much as the higher calorie count. I have heard that they can lead to cravings for sweets, In my case I have not noticed that.

Have a great Day and Enjoy the cooler weather.
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Roger-I hope you are feeling better.
    Vix-I did relax yesterday. My daughter came over and we had lunch and visited for a while.
    I also skyped with my son and daughter-in-law. It was a good day. :)
    Today was back to work. We now have to wear baseball caps with the Shaws logo on. I do not like wearing hats. :(
    Irene-I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling better each day. :)
    Have a good night. :)

• eku0
    Jo, I don't like wearing hats either, hope they change that requirement. On a happier note, sounds like you had a wonderful day off! :)
    Roger, I think you have an amazing garden....maybe they'll flower later in the season? Some plants flower in the Fall.
    Irene, hope the rehab is going well. We miss you!
    As for the diet, I can tell my system is out of whack again, so I will get back to being stricter with the diet....it'll work if I get back to being more creative with meals. I was trying to shortcut my cooking, so things were getting boring. Can't be too lazy!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 64s this morning, Today I have done 8.9K Steps + No cents. While I was walking and Listening to a 1948 Radio show called Escape, Episode was called A Tooth for Paul Revere I noticed that the iPod battery was showing no bars so when that ended I switched to music for the balance of my walk as when the battery gets to low it keeps playing but You can not bring up the Interface to switch or Pause playback :)

Some Pictures from the backyard when I returned. The first is the Sweet Potato plants in bloom and the others are some of the late fruiting Raspberries, I took the pictures and then ate the Ripe Berries, Nice and sweet too.

RY7I3j.jpg

IFtCd1.jpg

lTNySU.jpg

Have a Great Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Roger-I hope you are feeling better.
    Vix-I did relax yesterday. My daughter came over and we had lunch and visited for a while.
    I also skyped with my son and daughter-in-law. It was a good day. :)
    Today was back to work. We now have to wear baseball caps with the Shaws logo on. I do not like wearing hats. :(
    Irene-I am thinking of you and hope you are feeling better each day. :)
    Have a good night. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I am feeling better, I had a couple of hours sleep in the afternoon and then a good nights sleep last night. Thank You for asking.

I don't like hats for a very simple reason, Even in Winter If I wear a baseball cap, thin as they are the top of my heads sweats profusely.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
    Jo, I don't like wearing hats either, hope they change that requirement. On a happier note, sounds like you had a wonderful day off! :)
    Roger, I think you have an amazing garden....maybe they'll flower later in the season? Some plants flower in the Fall.
    Irene, hope the rehab is going well. We miss you!
    As for the diet, I can tell my system is out of whack again, so I will get back to being stricter with the diet....it'll work if I get back to being more creative with meals. I was trying to shortcut my cooking, so things were getting boring. Can't be too lazy!

Hi Vix
    I posted some pictures above :) I work to avoid boredom in my foods to avoid temptation. For Example that is why I have days of Hot Breakfasts followed by Cold cereal. I also avoid having the same meals two days in the same week. With the NS entrees I also switch between the Frozen and what they call the ready to go and I call the Shelf Stable foods. Different tastes :)

Hopefully we will hear from Irene one of these days how things are going.

Good Luck with the Rehab Irene

Enjoy Your day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Went to body flow class this morning...I was pretty stiff today. Went to the sauna for 15 minutes before coming home, that helped loosen me up a little more.
    Pretty garden pictures, Roger.
    I put some leftover salmon in my salad for lunch today, and I think I will make a stir fry for dinner instead of plain veggies and plain protein. Also cutting out the artificial sweeteners...back to plain water or herbal tea today.
    It's very nice out. Enjoy the day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-glad you are feeling better. I don't think I have ever seen a sweet potato plant, pretty flowers.
    Vix-A hot shower usually helps me when I feel stiff, also if I stretch that helps.
    I can't believe that next weekend is labor day weekend. The summer has gone by too fast for me.
    Have a good day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi all.
    Went to body flow class this morning...I was pretty stiff today. Went to the sauna for 15 minutes before coming home, that helped loosen me up a little more.
    Pretty garden pictures, Roger.
    I put some leftover salmon in my salad for lunch today, and I think I will make a stir fry for dinner instead of plain veggies and plain protein. Also cutting out the artificial sweeteners...back to plain water or herbal tea today.
    It's very nice out. Enjoy the day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It was good outside until it got hot later in the day :)

I thought I would throw the pictures in as I had mentioned the Raspberries and I think the sweet potato plants before. I can not believe how many Raspberries are forming on those plants, especially as it is the first year that they are planted here. The same thing with the Fig Tree, 5 figs for the first year seems pretty good too.

I am glad the sauna helped loosen You up, everybody deserves to be pain free.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-glad you are feeling better. I don't think I have ever seen a sweet potato plant, pretty flowers.
    Vix-A hot shower usually helps me when I feel stiff, also if I stretch that helps.
    I can't believe that next weekend is labor day weekend. The summer has gone by too fast for me.
    Have a good day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I overachieved on my walk today, As of 6:05PM I am now at 10,455 steps so done for the day and still hours to go :)

If You notice they look like a lot like Morning Glory flowers to me too.
    OK I just looked it up and Wikipedia says: The genus Ipomoea that contains the sweet potato also includes several garden flowers called morning glories
    as well as saying: The young leaves and shoots are sometimes eaten as greens
    I wonder how they taste.... Hmmm.... should I try them or not.

I agree the summer is flying by.

Have a Good Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Hi
    It was 69 this morning, Today I have done 7.8K Steps + No cents. While I was walking and Listening to a 1948 Radio show called Escape. 7 More episodes left and then decision time for what to listen to while walking :)

It was still comfortable out the door and on the return. I abandoned my plans to mow this morning since my neighbor Sealed the Driveway and no matter how careful I am some of the cut grass always ends up on it. Tomorrow I know it will be somewhat less comfortable but I do need to be a good neighbor :)

Later on today we need to strip the Turkey Carcass so it can go out the door for the last of this weeks garbage pickup and not hang around the kitchen garbage to smell up the place over the weekend. That also means weighing it into portions and freezing it and some of the Stuffing and maybe mashed Potatoes. I did not care for them after defrosting them the last time, My brother claimed I did not handle them right so they had the right texture when Microwaved.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    The landscaper was here today to mow and he cleaned up all the leaves..my yard looks good again. :)
    i woke up with a slight headache today and it took most of the day for it to go away. I took about an hour nap after work.
    Roger-I am sure your neighbors appreciated you not mowing your lawn today.
    Some things just do not freeze well and I think mashed potatoes are one of them.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Hi all.
    Went to painting class this morning, and chiropractor this afternoon, and some running around.
    Jo, hope your headache is better.
    Roger, it was pretty nice out here today. I'm sure your neighbor appreciated that you didn't get grass on his driveway sealant.
    I guess freezing different foods can get tricky. I just usually keep leftovers in the fridge....I don't mind eating the same thing a few days in a row.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 75 Degrees this morning, Today I have completed 9,270 Steps + 32 cents found in a parking lot as I was crossing it. While I was walking I was Listening to a 1948 Radio show called Escape. 2 More episodes left and then decision time for what to listen to while walking :)
    I generally listen to Three 1/2 hour shows while walking so I really need to decide what to listen too once Escape is done tomorrow.

It was still moderately comfortable out the door and on the return. I decided to Mow tomorrow or Sunday as the Lawn does not look terrible. I can see where it sort of needs it OTOH.........

My Brother is heading out to the ShopRite in al little while and will pick up some of the 60 calorie per wrap, wraps. And since the Reduced Sugar Mount olive are on sale starting Sunday I have postponed their purchase. Not a Surprise to me that anything BBQ related is on sale FWIW. Example 80% Lean Hamburger will be $2.49, OTOH London Broil is going on sale for $1.99 and He can turn that into leaner hamburger for less per pound :)

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good afternoon;
    The landscaper was here today to mow and he cleaned up all the leaves..my yard looks good again. :)
    i woke up with a slight headache today and it took most of the day for it to go away. I took about an hour nap after work.
    Roger-I am sure your neighbors appreciated you not mowing your lawn today.
    Some things just do not freeze well and I think mashed potatoes are one of them.
    Hi Vix and Irene.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I think she would have if I mentioned it to her, However to me saying I was planning to mow and did not would have been a bit pretentious?

My Brother claims that the Frozen Mashed Potatoes are fine if You bake them in the oven to warm them rather than using the Microwave like I did.

I generally am lucky that my headaches either go away fairly quickly or quickly after an Asprin.

Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    Hi all.
    Went to painting class this morning, and chiropractor this afternoon, and some running around.
    Jo, hope your headache is better.
    Roger, it was pretty nice out here today. I'm sure your neighbor appreciated that you didn't get grass on his driveway sealant.
    I guess freezing different foods can get tricky. I just usually keep leftovers in the fridge....I don't mind eating the same thing a few days in a row.
    Hi Vix
    I never minded eating leftovers either. Example Yesterday I use some Leftover Turkey Breast on a 60 calorie wrap that had a smear of Lite Mayo for taste. I kept 6+ ounces out of the freezer and will be doing that for two more days :)

However I know someone that always brought home Doggy bags but would never touch them, They went into the Garbage later on unless someone else in the house ate them.

Yesterday was a better day here too, Oh well....

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    My headache finally went away late yesterday afternoon. Then after dinner, I started having stomach issues. I think I probably picked up some kind of 24 hour bug. I am still not feeling 100%.
    If we have any leftovers, hubby usually takes it for lunch the next day. I have a sister that puts leftovers in the frig and then throws them away when they start to grow mold.
    It is very humid here and the sun keeps going in and out.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I think I had a 24 hour Bug a little while ago too :)

I do not think the leftover behavior can be changed either.

Humidity is up for us to and today looks like the highest temperature for a while too

Have a Nice Day
    Roger

P.S. Glad You liked the turtles.