Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Yay for hubby's clean bill of health. :) I am due next year for mine. :s I love Charlie Chan movies. We have a box set on DVD.
    Roger-I saved the links for future use,thank you.
    I don't think I would like to live underground. I love the outdoors and sunshine.
    It has been raining here off and on all day.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    I wouldn't like to live underground either!
    Off to zumba this morning.
    Happy Friday. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well good news my blood work came back good still not sure why my chest is hurting. The Dr wants me to stay on the inhaler and see how i feel he wants me to give it a week. Last night I actually slept in the recliner I can breath better in it woke up feeling a little better. My knee is doing pretty good I do exercises durning the day to keep it from going stiff . It won't be long and we will be going on our vacation to ny state we are leaving on the 24 th for a week not sure if we will get any hiking in maybe just visit some of the little towns. We enjoy going it is stress free and this year we plan on going to see lake placid we have never been there it should be fun.Jo and Vix I am like you I enjoy the out doors I don't think I could live under ground. well you all take care and talk to you soon
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees as I went out the door. Today I did 8.3K Steps. Today the weather is supposed to be best for several days to come :)

While Walking I had 7 smallish Deer walk out of a side road several block from the house and saunter across the road and down a different street, stopping to eat somebody's landscaping on their way back to the Brook where they shelter by day.

On a TV History note.
    Three's Company is an American sitcom television series that aired eight seasons on ABC, from March 15, 1977, to September 18, 1984. It is based on the British sitcom Man About the House.
    Having watched Both Shows I will mention that the American version first episode is near enough to identical to the British version the show is based on.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-Yay for hubby's clean bill of health. :) I am due next year for mine. :s I love Charlie Chan movies. We have a box set on DVD.
    Roger-I saved the links for future use,thank you.
    I don't think I would like to live underground. I love the outdoors and sunshine.
    It has been raining here off and on all day.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    I would not mind living underground too much, I often go down to the basement Computer setup to escape the noise from the neighbors yard services. Some of the machines they use are noisy, I can hear them working several houses away even. Possibly I am sensitive to noise :)

Stay Dry and Enjoy the Upcoming Holiday Weekend.
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    I wouldn't like to live underground either!
    Off to zumba this morning.
    Happy Friday. :)

Hi Vix
    Imagine that when living underground You could not really tell the difference, Does that help. That is why I think virtual Windows would help. Is it that much different from living in some of the Blocks of Housing or Apartments?

Enjoy Your Zumba and Enjoy the Upcoming Holiday Weekend.
    Roger
    good morning, well good news my blood work came back good still not sure why my chest is hurting. The Dr wants me to stay on the inhaler and see how i feel he wants me to give it a week. Last night I actually slept in the recliner I can breath better in it woke up feeling a little better. My knee is doing pretty good I do exercises during the day to keep it from going stiff . It won't be long and we will be going on our vacation to ny state we are leaving on the 24 th for a week not sure if we will get any hiking in maybe just visit some of the little towns. We enjoy going it is stress free and this year we plan on going to see lake placid we have never been there it should be fun. Jo and Vix I am like you I enjoy the out doors I don't think I could live under ground. well you all take care and talk to you soon
    Hi Irene
    I hope Your rehab is finished and You are 100% for Your upcoming vacation.

Good Blood work, Yea !

I wonder if the chest pain is related to the Asthma and it straining to get the air into Your lungs, Just throwing out a remote possibility :)

I know plenty of people that can sleep happily in a recliner. Myself I have to flat on my back or side in bed. I have never been able to sleep in a Car, Plane, Train or Bus :(

Enjoy the Upcoming Holiday Weekend.
    Roger
  • eku0
    It's a pretty nice day here today.
    Irene, good news about your blood work, and best wishes to keep feeling better every day. I know you're looking forward to your vacation. :)
    Jo, I have to go back in 3 years...pooey, but at least this Dr. is good. Better safe than sorry.
    Roger, good work on the walking....I love seeing the deer around. I often see them on my drive to the gym (and other critters too!). I don't like living in apts either...too close for me. Pretty spoiled, I like my own house with a little bit of outdoors in between neighbors.
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Sort of a heads up
    I had a email from NS indicating a 40% off sale on A La Carte orders. I just finished mine up, I created it online by signing in then choosing shop and paid for it with a CostCo Sale Price Gift Card. I only order Shelf Stable AKA Ready To Go items which meant I paid Shipping. It was still cheaper than adding them to my Auto Delivery order and getting 20% with Free shipping. The Breakdown ended up as
    Estimated Total of $164.48 with the 40% off the order cost me $99.99 as the shipping was not discounted, then applying the 40% I saved from the Gift Card the real cost to me was $60.

I mention this in case anybody wants to take advantage of it and save some money.

I suggest finishing checking out with a customer service rep to be sure it is applied properly.

Also You could save even more if You only order frozen in the amount $50 or more of frozen to take advantage of the free shipping offer from doing it that way

Hi Vix
    I know I would hate an Apartment or a house with shared walls :)

It is currently 81 degrees outside, some change form this morning, I see from the weather forecast that Your area is likely to feel an impact from TS Hermine followed by my area. It appears that I will have no problem getting my walk in Saturday Morning, Sunday May be a problem, I can deal with Either Rain or Wind, Not both however.

So be safe and stay dry
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Another biy of trivia, Sanford and Son is an American sitcom that ran on the NBC television network from January 14, 1972 to March 25, 1977. It was based on the BBC television program Steptoe and Son.
    Steptoe and Son is a British sitcom written by Ray Galton and Alan Simpson about a father-and-son rag-and-bone business. They live on Oil Drum Lane, a fictional street in Shepherd's Bush, London
  • eku0
    edited September 2016
    Actually, we're probably far enough inland....not even supposed to get any rain this weekend, just cloudy days.
    I like BBC shows. :)
    Busy day so far today....went to zumba, booked a rental house at a lake for a long weekend in October with the kids, cleaned the bathrooms, and doing laundry. Going to sit down for a while. Fold some clothes and maybe read a little. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Yay on your blood work! :)
    Roger-that is interesting about both of those shows originating from British sitcoms. I love watching British sitcoms.
    Vix-It is a nice day here too. The later part of the weekend not so much. I don't have any plans this weekend.
    I finally got brave enough to start pulling some of the stuff we had stored under the shed out. I pulled out a piece of corrugated roofing material from our old shed and it was covered in leaves and a lot of fur. I just left it and went back in the house. I will let hubby deal with it when he gets home. Once we get everything cleaned out under there we will put chicken wire around it so no other critters can get under the shed.
    Have a good weekend. :)

• eku0
    Oh, that sounds like a job for work gloves and overalls...then a trip to the dump. I would have left that for hubby too!
    Have a good night everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 67 degrees out the door, Today I did 8,880 Steps 8 steps shy of four 8s :)

I walked up to the bank yesterday afternoon after the Mailman came by. It was OK walking up, for some reason on the return I felt the warmth of the sun and day much worse. I ended up over 12K steps for the day.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime Sunday and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Actually, we're probably far enough inland....not even supposed to get any rain this weekend, just cloudy days.
    I like BBC shows. :)
    Busy day so far today....went to zumba, booked a rental house at a lake for a long weekend in October with the kids, cleaned the bathrooms, and doing laundry. Going to sit down for a while. Fold some clothes and maybe read a little. :)

Hi Vix
    Interesting, The forecast is for South NJ to get wind gusts up to 70 from Hermine when it arrives off of the coast and 30s to 40s inland. Rain to be determined from what I can see, there seems to be some uncertainty as to whether or not we will get rain.

Interesting that the Rental house was still available this late in the season even in October to me. I would have thought Maybe fishermen by then.

You sound as if You have a busy day planned.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-Yay on your blood work! :)
    Roger-that is interesting about both of those shows originating from British sitcoms. I love watching British sitcoms.
    Vix-It is a nice day here too. The later part of the weekend not so much. I don't have any plans this weekend.
    I finally got brave enough to start pulling some of the stuff we had stored under the shed out. I pulled out a piece of corrugated roofing material from our old shed and it was covered in leaves and a lot of fur. I just left it and went back in the house. I will let hubby deal with it when he gets home. Once we get everything cleaned out under there we will put chicken wire around it so no other critters can get under the shed.
    Have a good weekend. :)

Hi Joanne
    I thought so too which is why I mentioned it once it occurred to me that others might find it interesting too.
    Our NJ Public Channel used to show "Red Dwarf" at the end of the day before signing off for the night. It is a little corny nut I liked it anyway :)

I know I would have been out there with leather work gloves just because I like to protect my hands. Blisters are so unbecoming :)

I guess You also plan to trench and bury the chicken wire to prevent the critters from digging under it?

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Oh, that sounds like a job for work gloves and overalls...then a trip to the dump. I would have left that for hubby too!
    Have a good night everyone. :)

Hi Again
    We do not have a city dump, have not had one for many years, all we have is a recycle center that would take some things, No construction debris however. They have stopped accepting Electronics and Fluorescent lights however. Talking to them it seems that the County has no Electronics recycling place currently and they have a lot of the lights they can not find a place to dispose of either.

Very Puzzling in some ways. It seems the only way to get rid of the old deceased TV now is to take it to Best Buy and pay a fee :(

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I cleaned out as much of the leaves and other debris from under the shed. Tomorrow we are going to be installing chicken wire around so the critters can't get in. Hubby dug a big hole and buried what was left of the skunk.
    Roger-I wonder what Best Buy does with the old TV's? I am not sure if our recycle center takes TV's.
    Vix-October is a great time to take vacation, especially at the beach. :) It should be very relaxing.
    The forecast for our area is wind gusts 30-40 to start some time late Sunday night.
    It is currently 70 with a light breeze, my favorite kind of day. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)

• eku0
    Good morning.
    Didn't sleep well last night, so was dragging this morning. Went to the library and Walmart. Just doing things around the house today, I think.
    Jo...didn't realize there was some skunk left....good that it's buried!
    We have special events around here where we can get rid of things that aren't put in with trash (special pick up days or locations). The dumps also have special sections where we can get rid of electronics, plastics, textiles, car batteries, used motor oil and anti-freeze, kitchen oil/grease and vinyl siding, and recylcing for usable appliances.
    Seems to be really nice out today.
    Happy Saturday. :)
  • eku0
    The lake we are going to is about 2.5 hours from here, Deep Creeek Lake in western Maryland. It is busy in summer with all the lake activities, and there's skiing in Winter, so there are tons of rental houses. While I was looking this week, one of the other houses I was considering got booked, so I think it does pretty well in the Fall too. It should be beautiful in late October with the leaves changing. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    I cleaned out as much of the leaves and other debris from under the shed. Tomorrow we are going to be installing chicken wire around so the critters can't get in. Hubby dug a big hole and buried what was left of the skunk.
    Roger-I wonder what Best Buy does with the old TV's? I am not sure if our recycle center takes TV's.
    Vix-October is a great time to take vacation, especially at the beach. :) It should be very relaxing.
    The forecast for our area is wind gusts 30-40 to start some time late Sunday night.
    It is currently 70 with a light breeze, my favorite kind of day. :)
    Enjoy the day. :)
    Hi Joanne
    I do not know and TBH I do not care as it died and was a Picture Tube SDTV anyway. Being a Sony it did have a nice picture which is why I used until it died :)

I hope that was the last of Your Skunk Smell gone now.

Getting rid of any electronics is getting tough anymore. The alternative to Best Buy is to get out the SawzAll AKA Reciprocating Saw and dismember the TV and slowly feed it through the Garbage in small pieces :)

Your forecast sounds a lot like ours and it looks like we will miss the rain and only get wind. I would just as soon get rain too as now I have to water the garden again.

Enjoy the Rest of the Holiday Weekend
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Didn't sleep well last night, so was dragging this morning. Went to the library and Walmart. Just doing things around the house today, I think.
    Jo...didn't realize there was some skunk left....good that it's buried!
    We have special events around here where we can get rid of things that aren't put in with trash (special pick up days or locations). The dumps also have special sections where we can get rid of electronics, plastics, textiles, car batteries, used motor oil and anti-freeze, kitchen oil/grease and vinyl siding, and recylcing for usable appliances.
    Seems to be really nice out today.
    Happy Saturday. :)

Hi Vix
    We used to be able to take electronics to the Recycle center until they had to stop accepting them as they have no way to get rid of them now.

Currently I am backing up lots of files that have built up to 25Gb BluRay disks as a second backup to also having backed them up on External Drives. I have switched my external drives to the Portable type for the last few purchases for several reasons. Connected Via USB3 they seem to transfer just as fast they do not need an external power source and much less shelf space needed.

Fortunately the Recycle center still takes Oil and car batteries and white metal appliances, I think that is the term for them.

The other option to get rid of an old TV is buy a new one at a Brick and Mortar store where they take the old one away as part of the purchase :)

I agree, We were out around 11AM and the weather was great, not to hot, not to windy.

I hope The night sleep goes better, it is no fun dragging from lack of sleep
    Roger
    The lake we are going to is about 2.5 hours from here, Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland. It is busy in summer with all the lake activities, and there's skiing in Winter, so there are tons of rental houses. While I was looking this week, one of the other houses I was considering got booked, so I think it does pretty well in the Fall too. It should be beautiful in late October with the leaves changing. :)

Hi Again
    I was wondering if people going to Fish the lake rented in the fall. Lots of people take vacations after school starts if they can. I know that when I could I took a January vacation to Orlando or Miami to get away from the January weather and summer crowds. Plus that was the least expensive time down there as it was considered off season.

Have a Good Holiday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well this morning it was in the 50's I would of loved to walk in this weather mind wants to go but knee is saying not yet.My knee is doing good everyday I get to do more. Maybe one of you can help me I have come down with itchy skin all over my fingers toes feet legs you name it it itches well going to go put more cortizone creme on let me know if you have an idea how to get rid of it
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 65 degrees out the door 2 degrees cooler than yesterday, Today I have 7,886 Steps :) I ended up over 10K steps for the yesterday.

Supposedly Hermine will arrive in my area sometime today and then meander off of the coast causing coastal flooding from the onshore winds. Personally I suspect nothing happening here as this mornings weather report showed the rain off of the coast so I turned on the water to the drip hoses in the garden. While I was out there on the return I picked some more Juicy, tasty Raspberries and enjoyed them on the spot.

Have a Great Holiday Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well this morning it was in the 50's I would of loved to walk in this weather mind wants to go but knee is saying not yet.My knee is doing good everyday I get to do more. Maybe one of you can help me I have come down with itchy skin all over my fingers toes feet legs you name it it itches well going to go put more cortizone creme on let me know if you have an idea how to get rid of it

Hi Irene
    I have a medication called Mometasone Furoate Cream that I use if I get itchy. It was prescribed by my doctor and seems to work OK for itches. My best suggestion is see Your Doctor or see a Dermatologist for medication to treat the itch. I get a little itchy anytime I go out in the back yard. The longer I am there the worse the itching is. I know it is something growing there and I suspect it is one of the vegetables my brother plants as I had the same problem last year :( I can avoid the problem if I wear Long Pants and a long sleeve shirt, That is a bit of a nuisance during the summer when it is my turn to Mow the yard. I am sure it something he grows as I am fine when I walk anywhere else :)

50s for You and even though I am not that far I showed 65 where I am. Interesting, I wonder if Hermine has blown some cool air in Your direction.

I am happy to hear that Your Knee is doing better too.

Good Luck with the itch
    Roger