Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    It rained all morning. We went to the mall and walked around and later when the rain stopped we walked around the neighborhood. It was very humid and I couldn't wait to get back home in the AC.
    I have a little over 10K steps for the day. I am in for the night so probably won't get much more.
    The Halo ice cream sounds good. I will have to check it out. I tried the artic zero and didn't care for it.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Gray dreary day. I am off today and haven't got any plans. I will see what the day brings.
    Have a wonderful day! :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning , Jo enjoy your day off. I love ice cream I can eat it any time of the year. I found 5 cents today all penneys which is fine with me.I did get in 7568 steps so far today. nothing really planned today plan on doing some laundry and some cleaning . The weather is calling for some rain so I will be inside most of the day I will try and take Annie out for her 9 am walk.
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning Jo, Irene, Roger. Gray day here too. Off to yoga class in a few minutes, and I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon. I have some projects to work on around the house too.
    Jo, enjoy your day off!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did 7200 steps, well 7178 to be accurate :) + 1cent. I was out the door A little earlier than usual. It is humid and was showing 72 degrees out the door, now I see it is showing 71 degrees. Slight chance of rain later, more north & south of me. Rainfall for Friday through Sunday ranged from just under 2" to 8" in a few areas. There was some flooding with the usual drowned cars due to trying to drive through the water.

My area as usual stayed flood free. Even when parts of town by the Brooks flood up over the road closing all but one way in and out of town this development stays flood free. The rain was not heavy enough to close any of the usual flooding suspects. We usually see severe flooding in this area from bad storms like Sandy,

Have a Nice Week
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited August 2016
    Wow, Seven posts since I posted here Sunday.
    hey Roger halo farms is in Trenton didn't know if you knew. I did

Hi Irene
    No That is something I did not know, Thanks
    sorry about that I did visit it once but I try and watch my fat so I don't shop there but a lot of my friends do. My steps so far today is 8000.
    good morning , Jo enjoy your day off. I love ice cream I can eat it any time of the year. I found 5 cents today all penneys which is fine with me.I did get in 7568 steps so far today. nothing really planned today plan on doing some laundry and some cleaning . The weather is calling for some rain so I will be inside most of the day I will try and take Annie out for her 9 am walk.

Hi Again
    I am lucky enough that I never had real high Cholesterol so I never really watched my Fat intake. I believe Genetics is a big part of that as I knew others that could not get theirs low even with diet and medication.

Once Again You have found more money than I did :)

I was out and back home yesterday before the rain moved back in. I am not sure when it started, however it was lightly raining by 10:30.

Hopefully You got Your walk in yesterday
    Good Luck today
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    It rained all morning. We went to the mall and walked around and later when the rain stopped we walked around the neighborhood. It was very humid and I couldn't wait to get back home in the AC.
    I have a little over 10K steps for the day. I am in for the night so probably won't get much more.
    The Halo ice cream sounds good. I will have to check it out. I tried the artic zero and didn't care for it.
    Good morning;
    Gray dreary day. I am off today and haven't got any plans. I will see what the day brings.
    Have a wonderful day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I hear Mall walking is popular :)

I agree it was very Humid, I have not felt that sweaty and uncomfortable the entire year as I did Sunday. Today at least there was a cooling breeze while I was out that stayed pretty steady and helped a lot as it was still humid.

I saw the same sort of reviews of the Arctic Zero in a couple of links here. When someone says they threw it out after two bites that tells a story, The same people did like the Halo Top Ice Cream. At the present time I plan to get some to try Tuesday when My Brothers car is out of the way. He parks behind me in the driveway as he is in and out with his car a lot more than I.

Congratulations on Getting Your steps Yesterday despite the Humidity
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    I don't eat ice cream very often. I usually avoid dairy except for plain yogurt when I want to help out my immune system a little. The Halo said all natural ingredients, so I would check that out for my occasional treat. :) Lots of ice creams have a ton of additives.
    Roger, I don't drink that much wine, but do like an occasional sip. I gave up most of my over-indulgences when I had my children. :) Food was/is the last to be conquered.
    We drove home in very heavy downpour last night on little country roads, but luckily no severe flooding on the way.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    If You just wanted all natural ingredients try Hagen Dazs Ice Cream. It is dense and delicious, They don't fluff it up with air like most Ice Creams :)
    "Vanilla nutritional facts
    amount per serving serving size: 1/2 Cup calories: 250
    Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Current as of August 2012. Please see shelf packaging for any changes.
    total fat 17 (g) 26 %
    saturated fat 10 (g) 50 %
    trans fat 0.5 (g) 0 %
    cholesterol 85 (mg) 28 %
    sodium 50 (mg) 2 %
    total carbohydrate 20 (g) 7 %
    dietary fiber 0 (g) 0 %
    sugar 19 (g)
    protein 4 (g)
    vitamin A 10 % vitamin C 0% calcium 0% iron 0%

ingredients: cream, skim milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract
    From Wikipedia
    Häagen-Dazs ice cream holds the distinction of being one of the few commercial ice cream brands not to use stabilizers such as guar gum, xanthan gum, or carrageenan. They do use corn syrup in many of their flavors, such as the Vanilla Swiss Almond, according to their website.
    it is quite dense (very little air is mixed in during manufacture), uses no emulsifiers or stabilizers other than egg yolks, and has a high butterfat content."

Notice the ingredients list
    Good morning Jo, Irene, Roger. Gray day here too. Off to yoga class in a few minutes, and I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon. I have some projects to work on around the house too.
    Jo, enjoy your day off!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

I suspect You were lucky not to hit flooding, In NJ there were road closures from flooding.

Not the prettiest day outside, OTOH it will keep the temperatures down thus saving me on the electric bill :)

Enjoy Both the Yoga and Massage
    Roger
  • eku0
    There is a town about 20 miles from us where there was severe damage from the flooding and 2 people were killed. It's one of those historic downtown areas...they never did upgrade the infrastructure sufficiently. There is a small river running through the town that periodically overflows....this time they said it was up 13 feet. The area is closed to the public now until they can shore it up enough. Sad.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I wondered if You stayed dry :)

I wonder if that is the town they showed on the 6PM CBS News or maybe it was the 6:30 World News on ABC.

So true, any loss of life is sad.

Enjoy the Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    It may have been....Ellicott City, MD. It was really messed up from what they showed on TV, some buildings were destroyed. Some people made a human chain to help people who got stuck in their car in the rushing water. Lots of cars were obviously well under water. There are lots of bars and restaurants, so it was probably busy on a Saturday night. Mother nature is busy this year. I know you all care about conservation, just have to get all the politicians in line, and get some decent laws passed.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,Vix so sad about all the flooding I saw it on the news ,such a shame I love visiting those kind of towns. Well on a happier note I super cleaned our bedroom it looks and smells so nice. Almost all done with my deep cleaning just want to do the down stairs today .Like the mud room and the sun room running out of things to clean. Went for our walk this morning I got in 7200 steps in so far . We found .51 cents and the weather was nice it was only like 71 and no humidity nice little breeze. Vix how was your yoga class? Jo I am sure you are enjoying your days off. Roger have a nice walk
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I am sitting here posting while drinking my Protein Shake after doing 7400 Steps walking and Some Grocery Shopping during the walk. I Picked up Three Bananas, Three Gala Apples, and Three Nicely green Bartlett Pears. Later on I shall be going to to a nearby Kings to see if the Halo Top Website is accurate in that they carry their frozen products :) With Any Luck I'll be able to acquire several flavors to try and post a Mini-Review regarding them.
    It was 72 degrees when I went out the door. Yesterday was overcast the entire day, today it is supposed to burn off later. The walk was OK due to no direct Sun and a light breeze.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    It may have been....Ellicott City, MD. It was really messed up from what they showed on TV, some buildings were destroyed. Some people made a human chain to help people who got stuck in their car in the rushing water. Lots of cars were obviously well under water. There are lots of bars and restaurants, so it was probably busy on a Saturday night. Mother nature is busy this year. I know you all care about conservation, just have to get all the politicians in line, and get some decent laws passed.

Hi Vix
    That would be the city then since they showed the Human Chain rescuing people.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning,Vix so sad about all the flooding I saw it on the news ,such a shame I love visiting those kind of towns. Well on a happier note I super cleaned our bedroom it looks and smells so nice. Almost all done with my deep cleaning just want to do the down stairs today .Like the mud room and the sun room running out of things to clean. Went for our walk this morning I got in 7200 steps in so far . We found .51 cents and the weather was nice it was only like 71 and no humidity nice little breeze. Vix how was your yoga class? Jo I am sure you are enjoying your days off. Roger have a nice walk

Hi Irene
    Deep Cleaning, is something I should do, Overcoming inertia to get started is tough however. 51 cents puts You 51 cents ahead of me for today :)

I have to agree it was a nice day for a walk despite not getting out the door until almost 6:30 :)

Later on I should get the rest of my steps in when I run out to Kings. It looks like a busy day today, drop off a whole Pork Roll from PA to friends, Bank, Post Office, and Kings. I expect that will take a couple of hours. For the Post Office I have two packages ready, Both with the same contents, which one I send depends on which one is cheaper to send. It was easy to have both as the contents are Three Home made DVDs I made from three VHS from family vacations in 1989 & 1990. Whichever one I send I will be keeping the other one to go on the shelf. Neither one is permanently sealed or Addressed so I am taking Packing Tape and a ultra fine point Magic Marker pen to address whichever one is cheaper.

Have a :) Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene...that's a lot of cleaning! It always feels so nice when everything is cleaned up. Good for you for getting the walk in. :)
    Yoga is getting harder for me, but I think it's important to keep it up.
    Off to play with clay now. :)
    Have a great day , every one.
  • IreneMurman
    Jo congrats you beat me in steps this week
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    We had rain today until about 4:30 when the sun came out.
    Irene-It is a good feeling when everything is nice and clean. Want to come and clean my house? :)
    You are a head of me in found money. I found 1 cent today.
    Vix-Every little bit that you can do is helpful. Do you live near where the flooding was?
    Roger-I will be interested to hear your opinion of the Halo Top ice cream.
    I was very tired today and didn't do anything after work except sit and read. I am reading J.D. Robb's Devoted in Death.
  • eku0
    Jo, we live about 20 miles from Ellicott City where the really bad flooding was. When we were coming home Saturday evening, some of the country roads we were on were mildly flooded, but passable. Although there were lakes and streams along the sides of the roads that weren't normally there! We've been getting some pretty impressive downpours. Luckily, our house is on a litle bit of a hill, and we have 2 drains at the edge of our back yard.
    I like J.D. Robb's Death series, but haven't read any for a while....I'm currently reading Liane Moriarty's Truly Madly Guilty.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Off to body flow this morning. :)
    Have a great day.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning , well I didn't go for our walk this morning . Annie woke me up at 1;30 and had to go out so I stayed in bed.I am sure I will get at least some of my steps in . Annie has a vet apt at 9 am I will probably take her to the park after that she loves going and hasn't been there in a while. Her apt with the vet is to get her nails trimmed . That is all I have planned for today. Vix enjoy your body flow class.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    Mini Review of the Halo Top Chocolate Ice Cream pint I picked up yesterday. The Chocolate Ice Cream was OK, Not as good as I had hoped however, Not my type of Chocolate taste. It was a bit of a weird texture fresh from the freezer, Letting it sit for ten minutes as was suggested in the message thread made it much better. The Good news is that eating 1/2 a pint is a lot of ice Cream. I may try a 1/4 pint of the other two flavors I picked up today or I may eat a 1/2 pint for my afternoon snack and for my evening Dessert :)
    I also picked up the Strawberry and a Lemon cake pint of each.

It was 10 degrees cooler this morning than yesterday for the same time, Whee!
    I got up to 10.5k steps yesterday between the usual walk and the running around.
    Today so far 7.3k steps and what a nice day it was while walking too. I suspect it will warm up quickly as there are no clouds in sight in the nice clear blue sky :)

Not to much on my agenda today either.

I had a email yesterday from NS touting new foods,

Penne Bolognese with Meat Sauce = not showing up for me yet
    Tiramisu 120 calories = was available to order
    Salted Caramel Brownie = not showing up for me yet
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie 140 calories = was available to order
    Stuffed Chocolate Pie 130 calories= was available to order
    The Baked Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast 130 calories was not listed in the email but does show up as new and available to order.

I have created A La Carte Frozen order for those three, I am just waiting to see if the other two are Shelf Stable AKA Ready to Go before I do the frozen order. I plan to be over the $50 point that gives free shipping on the frozen order which is easy to do as I delayed my Auto Delivery order the maximum time period allowed by NS and can easily use whatever I order. I decided to order 5 of the Tiramisu, Baked Blueberry Oatmeal & Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie and not bother with the Chocolate Pie as I have several of those left in the freezer.

Have a Good Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Irene...that's a lot of cleaning! It always feels so nice when everything is cleaned up. Good for you for getting the walk in. :)
    Yoga is getting harder for me, but I think it's important to keep it up.
    Off to play with clay now. :)
    Have a great day , every one.
    Jo, we live about 20 miles from Ellicott City where the really bad flooding was. When we were coming home Saturday evening, some of the country roads we were on were mildly flooded, but passable. Although there were lakes and streams along the sides of the roads that weren't normally there! We've been getting some pretty impressive downpours. Luckily, our house is on a litle bit of a hill, and we have 2 drains at the edge of our back yard.
    I like J.D. Robb's Death series, but haven't read any for a while....I'm currently reading Liane Moriarty's Truly Madly Guilty.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
    Good morning.
    Off to body flow this morning. :)
    Have a great day.

Hi Vix
    I am sorry to hear that the Yoga is getting harder.

I remember hearing a Tornado touched down in Ocean City, MD. Yesterday, was that near You?

Currently I am reading a J. A. Jance book called Dance of the Bones. and in another part of the house I am reading a Paperback of Erle Stanley Gardner with short stories leading off with The Case of the Crimson Kiss: A Perry Mason Novelette, and Other Stories.

I often have two or three books in progress depending on where I am :)

Enjoy the Body Flow
    Roger
    Jo congrats you beat me in steps this week
    good morning , well I didn't go for our walk this morning . Annie woke me up at 1;30 and had to go out so I stayed in bed.I am sure I will get at least some of my steps in . Annie has a vet apt at 9 am I will probably take her to the park after that she loves going and hasn't been there in a while. Her apt with the vet is to get her nails trimmed . That is all I have planned for today. Vix enjoy your body flow class.

Hi Irene
    I am sure You will get Your steps after the vet.
    1:30 wake up by Annie, I can see why You slept in.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Good evening;
    We had rain today until about 4:30 when the sun came out.
    Irene-It is a good feeling when everything is nice and clean. Want to come and clean my house? :)
    You are a head of me in found money. I found 1 cent today.
    Vix-Every little bit that you can do is helpful. Do you live near where the flooding was?
    Roger-I will be interested to hear your opinion of the Halo Top ice cream.
    I was very tired today and didn't do anything after work except sit and read. I am reading J.D. Robb's Devoted in Death.

Hi Joanne
    It looked like rain all day, However I did not see any and it did help keep the temperature down for the day.

I have High Hopes for the Strawberry flavor, As You can see the Chocolate was OK but I wish I had been able to find Vanilla flavor as for some strange reason Chocolate Ice Cream is not high on my list of flavors.

Have a Good Day
    Roger