Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    good morning, Roger good luck at the drs. Yesterday I scrubbed my kitchen and bathroom they look so nice and clean trying to get a lot of the heavy cleaning done before I go in for my operation. Today I plan on using the sweeper on the upstairs steps and mowing the yawn we have a small yard it takes me about 10 minutes but the George doesn't have to do on the weekend. We cut our walk short this morning Annie heard gun shots and she wanted to come home she hates loud noises that was fine with me it was so humid out. Jo you really have a nice big yard. Vix I just found a shop that I can go and do ceramics in maybe after I get my knee fixed don't want to start something and then have to stop.well hope you all have a nice day

Hi Irene
    That sounds like a good move, doing the heavy work before the operation, You will most likely not want to get right back to it.

Was Your yard still green and growing? Ours is 50/50 green and brown :)

Wow, Gun shots, Is that common in Your area? Or maybe fireworks?

Good Luck
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Hi Irene, Roger, and Jo.
    That's a lot of cleaning, Irene!
    I will be stopping the pottery wheel class for a while. It's expensive, and my hands are bothering me. So maybe I'll take another class another time.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I posted that picture of my yard trying to show you all the leaves that have fallen from the tree.
    Irene-poor Annie, I hope she was better once she got home.
    Roger-I hope you got good news at the Dr.
    Vix-does Ibuprofen help your hands? My hands have been a little stiff and swollen lately and sometimes the ibuprofen helps.
    I took a day off from exercise today.
    My next door neighbor sold her house and a young couple will be moving in this weekend.
    Have a good night. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, I haven't taken ibuprofen in a while, because it wasn't helping much, but I haven't tried it for my hands...I moved up to Alleve before I had this problem. Maybe I'll try it instead and see if it helps any. I try not to take NSAIDS too often. My mother got bleeding ulcers from taking them.
    I hope your new neighbors are nice.
    I'm off to girls' night in a few minutes. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,Roger in trenton here they are always killing each other I live in a better part but I only have a year and a half and we will be moving back to Brown Mills can't wait. Annie was fine once we got home not sure if anyone got shot didn't hear any thing about it. Well I got my yard mowed before it started to rain . I have brown spots in my yard most of it is green of course I haven't been watering like I normally do. Went for a short walk my knee was hurting so I came home I did get in 4000 steps not to bad . Vix sorry to hear your hands are hurting maybe you just need to take a break.Roger what did the DR say hope it is good news.Well today is food shopping so I will be going to shoprite oh and to bbb love going thereso much fun and I have my coupons ready. have a fun friday
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I reached just over 12K steps Yesterday with the secondary walk to the Doctors when I got out of the house at 10:10, It was hot enough to be somewhat uncomfortable and more so on the return trip as it was warmer and I made a stop at the Produce store for a Head of Lettuce for me and Celery for my Brother, He also wanted Pine Nuts for his Pesto, They sold out until sometime today. He ended up going to the Grocery store and buying them as everything else was ready. The Grocery Store was more expensive too.

I Went for a walk today despite the rain, I managed to get to 7K steps despite that. The rain was light heading out and as it worked out harder just after the furthest point in the walk and some wind picked up too.

Here are some Tennessee Ernie Ford songs, I was listening to music today since I finished the Old time radio show I was listening to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K0l-xPhWzs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuLXRHZFAio&index=9&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIo43SPH7es&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB&index=18

Here is a link to a playlist of some songs by him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BtYlrWDVoA&list=PL86F0405C271BD5BB

Have a Nice Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Hi Irene, Roger, and Jo.
    That's a lot of cleaning, Irene!
    I will be stopping the pottery wheel class for a while. It's expensive, and my hands are bothering me. So maybe I'll take another class another time.
    Jo, I haven't taken ibuprofen in a while, because it wasn't helping much, but I haven't tried it for my hands...I moved up to Alleve before I had this problem. Maybe I'll try it instead and see if it helps any. I try not to take NSAIDS too often. My mother got bleeding ulcers from taking them.
    I hope your new neighbors are nice.
    I'm off to girls' night in a few minutes. :)
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    If Your hands are bothering You by all means give them a rest, I suspect that Pottery calss involves lots of hand work :)

I try and be sparing of the NSAIDS too for the same reason, I know they can tear up a stomach if You use them to often. At present I take them when I get up and then eat a Banana before I head out the door for my walk, The Banana is because I like them, to get some food in me and so the NSAIDS are not on a empty stomach. Is there a possibility of Carpal Tunnel. I ended up having to have the operation on both hands.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I posted that picture of my yard trying to show you all the leaves that have fallen from the tree.
    Irene-poor Annie, I hope she was better once she got home.
    Roger-I hope you got good news at the Dr.
    Vix-does Ibuprofen help your hands? My hands have been a little stiff and swollen lately and sometimes the ibuprofen helps.
    I took a day off from exercise today.
    My next door neighbor sold her house and a young couple will be moving in this weekend.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    I missed that with the tree. I see what I think is (was) a Persimmon Tree that was looking OK last year with fruit and all. This year not even a leaf on it.

The doctor visit went well, I walked there FWIW. Blood report and X-ray results:
    Cholesterol good, Blood Sugar good, Blood Pressure Good, Everything was in the normal range. The PSA was good too, Something I believe You do not have to worry about :)

The X-ray showed no Problems.

Good Luck with the New neighbors
    Roger
    good morning,Roger in trenton here they are always killing each other I live in a better part but I only have a year and a half and we will be moving back to Brown Mills can't wait. Annie was fine once we got home not sure if anyone got shot didn't hear any thing about it. Well I got my yard mowed before it started to rain . I have brown spots in my yard most of it is green of course I haven't been watering like I normally do. Went for a short walk my knee was hurting so I came home I did get in 4000 steps not to bad . Vix sorry to hear your hands are hurting maybe you just need to take a break.Roger what did the DR say hope it is good news.Well today is food shopping so I will be going to shoprite oh and to bbb love going thereso much fun and I have my coupons ready. have a fun friday

Hi Irene
    I can understand why You want to leave Trenton It does not have the reputation.

I see we both got out walking despite the weather. According to the 8AM weather radar You are having worse rain than I too.

The Shoprite Cans of Chicken in Water are 150 calories per can and what I do with them is make Chicken Salad using a light Mayo, and no Sugar Added, 0 Calorie Mount Olive Sweet Relish and then use 1/2 each day in a 60 calorie Tumaro's Wrap as a SC + PF. Both available at ShopRite too. BTW the Chicken I think You need to buy 10 cans for the 77 cent per can price. They show chunk and Solid pack in the advertising.

I posted my Doctor report above.

What I like about BBB is their coupons for $5 or a percentage off. Plus they do not seem to care about expiration dates and if You have 5 different items they seem to take 5 coupons too.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you'll be moving back to a town you really like. :)
    I'm having a good day today, went to zumba this morning, and am feeling pretty good. :)
    Roger, I definitely have carpal tunnel...have for about 15-20 years, but the current pain is arthritis. Happy to be feeling a little better today. Congrats on the super results of your doctor visit. :)
    Hi Jo.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    Roger-Congrats on good results from the doctor. :)
    Irene-My hubby loves going to BBB. :) I also like that the coupons don't expire.
    Vix-Yay for having a good day. :)
    We had a little rain this morning, now the sun is out and it is humid. I worked 2am to 10 am today, came home had a nap, went grocery shopping and made muffins for hubby.
    I will be working the same hours tomorrow and then I have 2 days off.
    Enjoy your evening. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning! I'm going to go to the pottery studio later this morning, then we're going to a winery with friends this afternoon. Good day planned. :)
    Jo, that sounds like a tough schedule. I don't think I could work those hours these days! But good that you get 2 days off. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,just got back from a great long walk I got in 7200 steps but now it has gotten hot . If we don't go early in the morning it gets to hot . Plans for today is not much just church later. have a great day
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I managed 8500+ steps yesterday, That's what I get for getting out in the rain and not waiting for it to end, today 8643 steps already.

I did a quick look at the garden, evidently the other 5 Raspberries that had no fruit are really late fruiting, They have small Berries now and the other 5 are already done producing :)

75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ.

While I was out I was listening to some Petula Clark that I captured from a LP, I paid a Giant 49cents for years ago still sealed, This is one of the Songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8U7ExAt8Ys
    And This on by ABC:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jiV0BsB590
    and two versions of this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVzzQLCo_A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLLrHAB3X0

Have a Nice Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Good morning!
    Irene, glad you'll be moving back to a town you really like. :)
    I'm having a good day today, went to zumba this morning, and am feeling pretty good. :)
    Roger, I definitely have carpal tunnel...have for about 15-20 years, but the current pain is arthritis. Happy to be feeling a little better today. Congrats on the super results of your doctor visit. :)
    Hi Jo.

Hi Vix
    The Penny Dropped that the pain and Numbness was work related when it went away on vacation and came back quickly when I returned to work. So I ended up with the Operation on both hands, One at a time of course.
    Good morning! I'm going to go to the pottery studio later this morning, then we're going to a winery with friends this afternoon. Good day planned. :)
    Jo, that sounds like a tough schedule. I don't think I could work those hours these days! But good that you get 2 days off. :)

Enjoy the Pottery Studio and the Wine Tasting too.
    Roger
    Good afternoon
    Roger-Congrats on good results from the doctor. :)
    Irene-My hubby loves going to BBB. :) I also like that the coupons don't expire.
    Vix-Yay for having a good day. :)
    We had a little rain this morning, now the sun is out and it is humid. I worked 2am to 10 am today, came home had a nap, went grocery shopping and made muffins for hubby.
    I will be working the same hours tomorrow and then I have 2 days off.
    Enjoy your evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    We had over 1/2 inch of rain in my area yesterday, The highest reported total was 1.59" south of me :)
    More rain is supposed to be on the way. My Brother looked at the lawn this morning and commented that it looks like it will need to be mowed Monday. That is fine by me as I mowed last time so this time is his turn :)

Making muffins is fine, it is the eating of them that hurts, especially when they smell so good fresh from the oven and You just know that a little butter melted in will be splendid.

Thank You for the kind words
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I just got home from work. I am planning on doing a little house cleaning and then I have no other plans for the rest of the day.
    Good job on the steps Irene and Roger.
    Vix-enjoy the wine tasting. Every time I have gone I bought the wine that we tasted and it now sits in the basement gathering dust.
    Roger-I confess I did have one small corn muffin with butter. :o
    Have a great day! :)
  • eku0
    Haha...I like wine....I usually drink it or bring it to friends when we visit. No gathering dust here. :)
  • RogerToo
    Good morning;
    I just got home from work. I am planning on doing a little house cleaning and then I have no other plans for the rest of the day.
    Good job on the steps Irene and Roger.
    Vix-enjoy the wine tasting. Every time I have gone I bought the wine that we tasted and it now sits in the basement gathering dust.
    Roger-I confess I did have one small corn muffin with butter. :o
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Joanne
    Funny You should mention that, Mom and Pop did the same thing after they visited jersey wineries. They never drank it it just collected dust and then went off to relatives as a gift when invited for dinner.

I would not beat Yourself up over one small :) Corn Muffin, I bet it was impossible to resist. Once You start smelling the baking, Your taste buds go into high speed :)
    That is the same reason Bakeries try and have something baking when they are open.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Haha...I like wine....I usually drink it or bring it to friends when we visit. No gathering dust here. :)

Hi Vix
    I think I am lucky that the worst of my addictions is to food, and look where it brought me, Here :) It could have been worse I could have been a smoker or heavy drinker or into drugs :)

Enjoy the Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Hi
    I managed 10,800+ steps yesterday, Today I am currently at 6223 steps + 1.5 cents, I found a beat up 1/2 of a penny in the street :) I was out the door at the usual time too. It must be very humid as I have been out in this temperature before and I never sweated like I did today. 75 degrees out the door and Rain in the forecast for later today moving in from the West across NJ. Saturday the skies opened up for a while and then a steady soaking rain. nearby towns were in the 2.5" to 3.8" range for rain, other areas were higher or lower :)

No need to go watering the plants for a couple of days either.

I ran across this message thread yesterday:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10428180/halo-top-iced-cream
    and went to where You can buy online, They also sell other brands on this site FWIW.
    http://icecreamsource.com/
    I also found through their website http://www.halotop.com/ that it available nearby at the Kings Grocery store.

Have a Nice Sunday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hey Roger halo farms is in trenton didn't know if you knew. I did
  • IreneMurman
    sorry about that I did visit it once but I try and watch my fat so I don't shop there but a lot of my friends do. My steps so far today is 8000.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    I don't eat ice cream very often. I usually avoid dairy except for plain yogurt when I want to help out my immune system a little. The Halo said all natural ingredients, so I would check that out for my occasional treat. :) Lots of ice creams have a ton of additives.
    Roger, I don't drink that much wine, but do like an occasional sip. I gave up most of my over-indulgences when I had my children. :) Food was/is the last to be conquered.
    We drove home in very heavy downpour last night on little country roads, but luckily no severe flooding on the way.
    No special plans for today.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)