Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    Roger it did rain here but only for a few minutes I was hoping it rained a little more my grass could use a good rain.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I got out and mowed the lawn I am now up to 8700 steps for the day.

In the sad news area, a second member of the Browns had passed on. From here
    http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Bonnie-Brown-singer-in-family-s-popular-8382482.php
    Bonnie Brown, singer in family’s popular country trio, dies
    Associated Press Published 4:41 pm, Saturday, July 16, 2016

Some of their hits
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTkbj56bnYs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZSGxXY3xeQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V9TIMiLehw

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Roger it did rain here but only for a few minutes I was hoping it rained a little more my grass could use a good rain.

Hi Irene
    I looked at The size of the puddles at the ends of the driveway and decided we do not need to water for a couple of day. That is fine with me :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    I got my gift cards from cosco so I am good for a while
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good evening;
    Here is the link to the maple water www.drinkmaple.com/
    We had a little rain yesterday afternoon. It is a lot cooler today. There is a nice breeze.
    I worked this morning and didn't do anything this afternoon except have a short nap.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning had a really nice walk, it was cooler like 68 nice breeze nothing planned for today I might scrub the bathroom if I get some energy.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I ended up with 11K+ steps yesterday between walking, Mowing and then Grocery store & more.
    Today I am at 5K steps with more to come when I run out to CostCo in a little while when they open. So far I have picked up Bananas and Apples and a Orange the Local Grocery Store on my walk. Apples were $0.79 a pound, The Bananas $0.49 a pound and the Orange was $0.40 then that was reduced by the 10% Wednesday Senior Discount :)

Today is the pick of the litter for upcoming days. It was in the 60s this morning when I headed out the door, The rest of the long range forecast has overnight lows in the 70s and Saturday they are forecasting 95 to 97 for a high depending on which forecast You believe :)

CostCo might or might not be cheaper for Bananas however their size pack of them would be too big at this time of year and they would go over ripe even refrigerated. The Apples were $1.70 after the discount for four of them. I do not think CostCo's price would be better.

Have a Great Wednesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I got my gift cards from cosco so I am good for a while
    good morning had a really nice walk, it was cooler like 68 nice breeze nothing planned for today I might scrub the bathroom if I get some energy.

Hi Irene
    I enjoyed my walk too. It was nice having a morning under 70 and the lower humidity was the icing on the cake.

Good for You getting the cards already. I am dithering about ordering, I can not decide how many to order :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Here is the link to the maple water www.drinkmaple.com/
    We had a little rain yesterday afternoon. It is a lot cooler today. There is a nice breeze.
    I worked this morning and didn't do anything this afternoon except have a short nap.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    It seems that everybody here is having really good weather for a Summer day.

I hear that down south in the Atlanta region the forecast high is 98 today, and that they had what was described as Toad Strangler rainfall yesterday.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    so far today I have in 8639 I should reach my goal of 10,000 steps
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I have 13,000 steps so far today. I have nothing planned for the rest of the day, but I am going to try and hit 15,000 or more.
    I was busy as work, but the day seemed to drag.
    It is currently 76 degrees and there is a breeze....my kind of day. :)
    Enjoy!
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 69 degrees out the door with 93% Humidity this morning + 6100 steps. Despite the humidity it was not too bad walking, out the door at 6:25 with a slight breeze that sadly went away :(

I walked past the Wild Berry patch looking for Raspberries, Not much luck this year the few that are there are small and Bitter this year, Last year the were delicious. I am lucky to be getting a few from the newly planted in the back yard Raspberries. Not super huge but tasty and since this is the first year nice to get. Yesterday I 7 or 8 from there to go with the others I have had from the plants recently. It seems they like the soil as some of the are really tall. They started out short and the tallest is now over 6 feet tall :) I think I got lucky with the one that some critter broke over. I Planted a stake and tied it up and so far it seems to be doing OK.

I had about 60% of my daily Banana before I left for the walk, Right now I am drinking my Strawberries & Cream Protein Premier Protein Shake Bought at CostCo on a previous trip, 30g Protein, 160 Calories and 5g carbs. Yesterday I had a NS Vanilla Protein Shakes with a really ripe Banana blended in as a My Mid-morning PF + SC Snack. Later on around 9:30 I plan on having the balance of my Banana in my Breakfast Cereal. In case anyone is interested that will be Multi Grain Cheerios with Sweetener 110 Calories and 50 Calories of Dollar Store 1% milk :)

Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    so far today I have in 8639 I should reach my goal of 10,000 steps

Hi Irene
    Good going getting in all those steps already. I suspect You were fairly happy with the weather this morning, I know I was. Two nice mornings in a row, Whee!

Have a :) Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I have 13,000 steps so far today. I have nothing planned for the rest of the day, but I am going to try and hit 15,000 or more.
    I was busy as work, but the day seemed to drag.
    It is currently 76 degrees and there is a breeze....my kind of day. :)
    Enjoy!

Hi Joanne
    Despite being out walking yesterday in the early morning and then trundling through CostCo I did not hit my goal in steps when I checked the FitBit before turning in. Therefore I am really impressed by You achievement and further goal for the day.

Sometimes that just happens despite being busy, other times You look up and realize You missed Coffee Break or Lunch.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,Roger the weather here is nice on our 9 am walk we actually went a little longer so far today I got in 11,000 steps so I am doing ok. I was cleaning my spear room so now I am taking a break trying to get things cleaned up a little before I go for surgery. Jo every week you win in steps I am so impressed well need to get cleaning or I will stop and nothing will get done
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I have been eating plain instant oatmeal with either a banana or a plum cut up in it for breakfast. The fruit makes it sweet enough, so I don't need any other sweetener.
    Irene-nice job on the steps. I know I hit my 10,000 steps today at work, but the battery on the fitbit died around 9am.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)
  • IreneMurman
    yeah I got my spare room cleaned and part of my mud room
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, went for our walk this morning it actually got warm as we walked so far today I got 7100 steps in . Today I go and get my hair cut plus I will be getting hi lights I always feel better after . I also have to go to pet smart to get greenies for Annie she loves them and then to shoprite so I will have a busy day.So what is everyone else up to today? Roger they are opening a cosco not far from me maybe 10 minutes I plan on joining we belonged when we were station in Spokane WA then it only cost 30.00 times have changed. have a great day
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Good morning. Popping in using my notepad. Wasn't sure it would work. Florida has been nice. Probably about the same temperature as home this week, low to mid 90s with a t-storrm every afternoon. Sounds like you're all doing well. Heading back home tomorrow evening.☺
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I got out somewhat late for my walk + 8100 steps, Happily no pain today so I went further :)
    It was 74 degrees out the door and for the overnight low temperature. I did work up a light sweat on the inbound leg.

Here are a couple of versions of this song. I like both of them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSb273c9tm4
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfo1kwtQOeQ

Here is a clue to the Singer of the second version.
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/P-rlSJ_39g0?list=RDCajPifzYyRs

Have a great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good morning,Roger the weather here is nice on our 9 am walk we actually went a little longer so far today I got in 11,000 steps so I am doing ok. I was cleaning my spear room so now I am taking a break trying to get things cleaned up a little before I go for surgery. Jo every week you win in steps I am so impressed well need to get cleaning or I will stop and nothing will get done
    yeah I got my spare room cleaned and part of my mud room
    good morning, went for our walk this morning it actually got warm as we walked so far today I got 7100 steps in . Today I go and get my hair cut plus I will be getting hi lights I always feel better after . I also have to go to pet smart to get greenies for Annie she loves them and then to shoprite so I will have a busy day.So what is everyone else up to today? Roger they are opening a cosco not far from me maybe 10 minutes I plan on joining we belonged when we were station in Spokane WA then it only cost 30.00 times have changed. have a great day

Hi Irene
    I actually went further despite the warmer temperatures as I did not have any pain for once.

I do like the CostCo for Frozen Veges and more, They still have full width Toilet Paper from Charmin not that narrowed stuff the grocery Stores sell these days. I also buy the 10 box Kleenex and Paper Towels there in the Paper Goods line. The price on sweeteners and Spices and such are good too. For example I can buy the real Vanilla Extract for my brother there at a lower price then a smaller not real from the store.

And CostCo does not seem to be afraid to pay their workers well and they keep the place really clean and well lit. The BJs I have tried with their free 30 day membership offers always seem dingy, Possibly from the dimmer lighting.

Congratulations on getting the cleaning done, My least favorite chore :)
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-I have been eating plain instant oatmeal with either a banana or a plum cut up in it for breakfast. The fruit makes it sweet enough, so I don't need any other sweetener.
    Irene-nice job on the steps. I know I hit my 10,000 steps today at work, but the battery on the fitbit died around 9am.
    Enjoy your afternoon. :)

Hi Joanne
    I have been eating the Quaker Lower Sugar Instant oatmeal. I like that I can cut the packet along the dotted line and use it as a measuring cup thus avoiding dirtying a measuring cup and the ones I use are 110 calories and 120 calories per serving if I use water with them.

I had that happen on while I was out walking a while back, My own fault. I use a FitBit Zip that uses a CR2025 battery and I ignored the funny looking icon on the screen that was warning me of a low battery. In the past before that I used to get a warning email telling me the battery was low :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. Popping in using my notepad. Wasn't sure it would work. Florida has been nice. Probably about the same temperature as home this week, low to mid 90s with a t-storrm every afternoon. Sounds like you're all doing well. Heading back home tomorrow evening.☺

Hi Vix
    I do not know why You thought the Notepad would not work, I took my laptop to the Library once they got power back after sandy to get online to forums since My power was still out at that point.

Lucky You, returning home to a heat wave :)
    Stay Cool
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Roger-Thanks for the songs, I have always liked both of them. :)
    Vix-I always take my ipad on vacation, most places have wifi that you can connect to. The weather will be the same when you come home. We are about to start a 6 day heat wave.
    Irene-Good job on the cleaning. Enjoy your haircut and highlights.
    I worked overnight, ran some errands on my way home and then had a nap. I am trying to work up some ambition to do a little house cleaning.
    Have a pleasant day. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we went for our walk and it was warm but it is done now I am relaxing not sure what we are going to do today we just might stay home it is going to be a hot one today. I did get in 6600 so I am doing good. Jo those over nights are tough it seems to be the weekends when you are doing them are they easier for you?