Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon
    Roger-I have never seen water in a box either. When you started to talk about how many steps you did today, I realized that I didn't put my fit bit on. I went grocery shopping and lost all those steps. :'( Is the picture of the sidewalk on your morning walking route?
    Irene-I hope you sleep better tonight.
    Vix-I hope your leg feels better.
    I worked overnight last night and plan to do the same tonight. On Friday and Saturday it is so busy that I think I actually like working the overnight all by myself. I can get more done.
    Have a great evening. :)

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Roger I have never seen water in a carton that is a first . Vix I would love to have someone come in and do house work I would give them as much candy they would want but they should ask first

Hi Irene
    If I had not been there and seen it on the shelf I would have thought it was a gag picture. It is a first for me too. It is in the category of why did they do that. The only thing I can think of that the plan is for the long run to switch to that from bottles.

Cheers
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon
    Roger-I have never seen water in a box either. When you started to talk about how many steps you did today, I realized that I didn't put my fit bit on. I went grocery shopping and lost all those steps. :'( Is the picture of the sidewalk on your morning walking route?
    Irene-I hope you sleep better tonight.
    Vix-I hope your leg feels better.
    I worked overnight last night and plan to do the same tonight. On Friday and Saturday it is so busy that I think I actually like working the overnight all by myself. I can get more done.
    Hi Joanne
    I did a whole mornings walk when I realized the FitBit was still home so welcome to the club :)

That is a sidewalk on one of the routes I take, I have several different routes just to break up the monotony, On the plus side most of that route has sidewalks unlike some of them where 1/2 the route I'm in the road. A side road with not to much traffic but still I do need to keep and ear for cars on those roads.

I liked working overnights for a different reason, no Bosses around and as long as the work was done, no problems either.

Have a nice evening working
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    I used to get in early in the morning....because no one was there and I could get work done. :)
    The cartons are probably better for the environment, biodegradable. It might be a great idea.
    Irene, getting cleaning help was one of the best things I've done for myself. Once a month the house gets a good thorough cleaning, and I just have to do light maintenance in between...it takes a lot of stress off of me.
    The dancing was good this morning....and I had a massage this afternoon, so I'm feeling a little better. Back to having pains here and there with no rhyme or reason....other than fibro and arthritis. It will be easier next week when I can take Nsaids again if I need to.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was slightly better out when I left to walk despite going out the door somewhat later than the last two days + 6200 steps. I left somewhat later due to planning to stop at the Supermarket AKA Grocery Store for Fruits.

I picked up five Bananas one of which I left out for tomorrow and the other ones went in the Refrigerator along with four Red Delicious Apples at 79 Cents a pound, 2 Green Pears, and two Navel Oranges and what they charge as Mexican Bread which can actually be large Sugared Donuts, Different Colored Sweet breads or some flakey Pastries which is what I picked with a lemon looking fruit filling to be my Afternoon Snack.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    I used to get in early in the morning....because no one was there and I could get work done. :)
    The cartons are probably better for the environment, biodegradable. It might be a great idea.
    Irene, getting cleaning help was one of the best things I've done for myself. Once a month the house gets a good thorough cleaning, and I just have to do light maintenance in between...it takes a lot of stress off of me.
    The dancing was good this morning....and I had a massage this afternoon, so I'm feeling a little better. Back to having pains here and there with no rhyme or reason....other than fibro and arthritis. It will be easier next week when I can take Nsaids again if I need to.
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    TBH I am not sure how Biodegradable those cartons are nor the ones milk and cream come in. I believe they have a Plastic coating on the inside. OK I looked and I see this from here.
    http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/the_green_lantern/2011/03/disoriented_in_the_dairy_aisle.html
    A second kind of milk container—the gable-top carton—is made from paperboard and coated with a layer of low-density polyethylene. Like the plastic bottle, gable-top cartons are made from virgin materials. Recycled paper isn't as strong as the stuff straight from the trees, so a recycled container capable of carrying that much milk would have to be much thicker, heavier, and more expensive.

Paperboard is made of trees, a renewable resource, which is good. And they're only 1 ounce (25 percent) heavier than plastic bottles. But the environmental positives end there. Making paper is a resource-intensive process, requiring huge amounts of water, fossil fuels, and chemical bleaches

Plus I know the plastic water bottles are recycled here in town anyway. Despite the recycled plastic not being allowed in anything we eat or drink.

My Brother used to go in to work early so it was cooler and he could get out earlier thus beating the traffic both ways.

Good Luck with the Pain Management
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    I didn't realize they used plastic in paper cartons. oh, well.
    Will need to check my clothes for my trip today, and get everything ready (may have to shorten some pants to wear with lower heels). No other plans really. Just want to check a few more things out online.
    Have a great weekend everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    Where I am I would have to check to see if that sort of packaging is recyclable, I know that All plastic food items are such as the Water Bottle, and the Trays some of the NS entrees come in.

However I am seeing more and more of the NS Dinner entrees come in Pouches. I should mention I am not real happy with that change although I am sure it helping them keep costs down which the rising prices of everything must be affecting. The pouches are not marked as recyclable.

Any tips, I have never tried shortening pants but I have some that I need to do that to.

Thank You
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning,went for a nice walk could not wait for it to end it was so humid out but I did it and it is done.I got in 6000 steps and I am 1 penny richer . I was really happy with my tour of the surgery center . I will be wearing my jammies so when I come home I am all ready for bed actually they want you to wear jammies works for me I actually just ordered 3 new sets from QVC so I don't even need to go to the mall which is great .Vix your vacation sounds great I am sure you will have a great time. Jo I have worked over night I know how hard it is . It isn't the work but the hours that is hard. i sleep great last night I think because everything is ready and now I just have to wait till the 8th.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    I found a nickel today in of all places, my back yard. I was over by the shed and looked down and there it was.
    Vix-When do you leave on your trip?
    Irene-it sounds like you are all set for your surgery. It is always good when you sleep well. :)
    Roger-I know here in Ma we can't recycle anything that has a waxy coating on it. I am not sure of the reason.
    I actually like working at night, no bosses and I have the place all to myself. I work better when it is quiet and I can just focus on the job and not a lot of drama.
    My son and daughter-in-law had a great time in Berlin. They said at first the language barrier was an issue, but as the week went on it got easier. Now it is back to reality.
  • RogerToo
    good morning,went for a nice walk could not wait for it to end it was so humid out but I did it and it is done.I got in 6000 steps and I am 1 penny richer . I was really happy with my tour of the surgery center . I will be wearing my jammies so when I come home I am all ready for bed actually they want you to wear jammies works for me I actually just ordered 3 new sets from QVC so I don't even need to go to the mall which is great .Vix your vacation sounds great I am sure you will have a great time. Jo I have worked over night I know how hard it is . It isn't the work but the hours that is hard. i sleep great last night I think because everything is ready and now I just have to wait till the 8th.

Hi Irene
    I Agree, Not nice out there this morning, You did better at finding money than I did :)
    Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better day too.

I suspect You are right about the reason for sleeping well
    Roger
    Good evening;
    I found a nickel today in of all places, my back yard. I was over by the shed and looked down and there it was.
    Vix-When do you leave on your trip?
    Irene-it sounds like you are all set for your surgery. It is always good when you sleep well. :)
    Roger-I know here in Ma we can't recycle anything that has a waxy coating on it. I am not sure of the reason.
    I actually like working at night, no bosses and I have the place all to myself. I work better when it is quiet and I can just focus on the job and not a lot of drama.
    My son and daughter-in-law had a great time in Berlin. They said at first the language barrier was an issue, but as the week went on it got easier. Now it is back to reality.

I have done something similar with money laying along the edge of the driveway in the past.

My suspicion is that the waxy coating interferes with turning the cardboard with a waxy coating back into a slurry and also keeps things from binding properly.

I guess You were so happy they were not in France or Germany. It is a shame that one person can do that much damage. It is just part of a attack on Tourist part of the French Economy IMO.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Leaving super early tomorrow a.m.
    Have a good night and a great week, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was a little better out when I left to as I was up early for my walk + 4800 steps.
    The temperature dropped all the way to 75 degrees by 5AM :( Which is why When I woke up and looked at the Time and Temperature on the alarm clock I decided to go out earlier than yesterday.

So far today is shaping up to be a lazy Sunday too. I Had 2/3s of my Banana on the way out the door, the other third is sitting in the measuring glass, a small Pyrex measuring glass that goes up to 5 ounces of liquid. I finished my first pass through the Hot Breakfasts from the recent NS Delivery yesterday so today I open the quart of milk I put in the refrigerator to chill and have 4 ounces on cereal with sweetener and the balance of the Banana sliced into it and I had the Protein shake that is the final component of my breakfast when I returned Home. The cereal will most likely be at 9AM and a Noon snack followed at 2:30 by a Lean Pocket Hot Melt of some kind. I am working them in as a part of my lunch plan. NS Snack at 5PM and Dinner at 7:30 and a Dessert around 9PM. That's the plan anyway :)

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Leaving super early tomorrow a.m.
    Have a good night and a great week, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    Not just early but super early :)

Have a Safe trip
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good afternoon we went early for our walk also we were out the door a little after 6am we went for an hour walk came home had breakfast and then went for a ride with the jeep top down it was so nice. Now for the rest of the day we are going to take it easy. Vix have a safe fun trip.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    Vix-Have a safe and wonderful trip.
    My daughter and I went to the farmers market today. I bought some fresh cut lavender. It smells so good.
    I also bought a bottle of pure maple water. It is new on the market. It is straight from the tree.
    Other than that we just walked around and had an enjoyable day.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we got our walk in so I have 6000 steps in not too bad so far today.Don't really have any plans for today I have some light cleaning I want to do that is about it. Jo I never heard of maple water is it sweet? Oh I found 5 cents today!
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-the maple water is not sweet. It has a slight maple taste. The are 30 calories per 12 oz. bottle, so it is probably not something you would want to drink all the time. It has 4% calcium,7 grams of sugar and 50% manganese. It is organic and nothing is added to it.
    I have 3,800 steps so far this morning and that is just walking around the house and doing an hour of gardening.
    It is going to be another hot one today. I am going to the mall to walk around in the ac and window shop.
    Yesterday I found a penny. Today I found $20.50 while I was doing the wash. :) I left it in my pocket when I went to the farmer's market yesterday. I thought I had spent all the money I brought with me, so it was a nice surprise.
    Have a great day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I got out walking + 5500 steps. I was running late with the start time as I must have been tired and got up late. I do not bother with an alarm clock these days :) The temperature out the door was OK at 74 degrees, according the weather forecast the humidity is high in this area and I can believe it. When I was in the Sunlight I could feel the heat from the sun. Later this week I do need to run to CostCo for several things. On my shopping list is Kleenex, TP, 3 or four bags of frozen veges as I have 2.5 days of veges left in the freezer, Maybe fruit depending on how it looks and price, a 18 pack Light & Fit Greek Yogurt etc.

Have a Good Monday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    good afternoon we went early for our walk also we were out the door a little after 6am we went for an hour walk came home had breakfast and then went for a ride with the jeep top down it was so nice. Now for the rest of the day we are going to take it easy. Vix have a safe fun trip.
    good morning, we got our walk in so I have 6000 steps in not too bad so far today.Don't really have any plans for today I have some light cleaning I want to do that is about it. Jo I never heard of maple water is it sweet? Oh I found 5 cents today!

Hi Irene
    Congratulations on getting out there early enough to get a decent step count finished.

I have no plans at all for today :)

You are also ahead of me on the found money count, All I found was a beat up Chuckie Cheese token whatever they are used for, I have never been there so I do not know. That makes three I have found here and there in the last year of walking.

Have a Good Week
    Roger
    Good evening;
    Vix-Have a safe and wonderful trip.
    My daughter and I went to the farmers market today. I bought some fresh cut lavender. It smells so good.
    I also bought a bottle of pure maple water. It is new on the market. It is straight from the tree.
    Other than that we just walked around and had an enjoyable day.
    Have a good evening. :)
    Good morning;
    Irene-the maple water is not sweet. It has a slight maple taste. The are 30 calories per 12 oz. bottle, so it is probably not something you would want to drink all the time. It has 4% calcium,7 grams of sugar and 50% manganese. It is organic and nothing is added to it.
    I have 3,800 steps so far this morning and that is just walking around the house and doing an hour of gardening.
    It is going to be another hot one today. I am going to the mall to walk around in the ac and window shop.
    Yesterday I found a penny. Today I found $20.50 while I was doing the wash. :) I left it in my pocket when I went to the farmer's market yesterday. I thought I had spent all the money I brought with me, so it was a nice surprise.
    Have a great day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I never heard of Maple water, What would You use it for, cooking?

I agree the local cable news channel, News12, showed a high of 96 today and the morning news from NYC showed a high of 94 in their forecast, Yuck.

Yea for not spending all the money. I bet the Bills came out nice and clean and crispy. I say that having washed them in the past.

Have a Enjoyable Week
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, got our walk done and my total steps so far today is 6869 I should get my steps in . Jo I have never heard of it what are you going to do with it . No special plans today just straighten up and maybe do some laundry that is about it. Well have a great day
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Hi
    I was out walking 6700 steps and no money. Tomorrow I will most likely stop at the Grocery Store while walking for Bananas and maybe a head of lettuce. Then a little later on to CostCo.
    Once again it was 76 degrees when I left the house at 6:25 and feeling a little warm on the return to the house leg.

Yesterday Other parts of the state had some storm damage from winds, some near us. As usual it seemed to avoid our town :)

In the afternoon we had a period where we could hear Thunder in the distance and the skies opened up for a period and then it was done and the street was dry by 7PM. It came down so hard it overwhelmed the gutters running off of the roof.

Have a Nice Tuesday
    Roger
    good morning, got our walk done and my total steps so far today is 6869 I should get my steps in . Jo I have never heard of it what are you going to do with it . No special plans today just straighten up and maybe do some laundry that is about it. Well have a great day

Hi Irene
    I see I'm not the only one that is hearing about something new :)

Did You get rain in Your area too? It seemed as if it went more North and East of me.

Congratulations on Getting Your Walk Done
    Roger