Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, I didn't walk this morning . I was up pretty late with Annie someone had fire works and then we had a storm so I decided to sleep in a little. Maybe I will get some steps in later . Goes gift cards wouldn't work for me I don't belong to costco so first I would have to join .Vix how long are you going to Florida for? But I am sure you will be fine. Not too much going on today we are taking a ride to Ft Dix which is always a nice ride we got the soft top on so if it's nice we might take it off. My ns should be coming this week pretty low on lunches so I will be happy to get it.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I managed to walk 6K steps today, The weather is warmer than yesterday and I could feel heat from the sun too. I did work up a light sweat. We also had some light rain overnight, No watering needed today. OTOH That green strandy weed, AKA Grass or Lawn, around the house has turned green and is growing once again.

Tomorrow I may have to hit the Grocery Store, it depends on how the Bananas look when my Brother does his shopping today. If they are greenish then I'll let him pick them up as I have one more in the refrigerator for Tomorrow so I do not want ripe ones today.

Have a Great Sunday
    Roger
    good morning, we had a nice walk this morning but it was hot . We did get a bad storm yesterday afternoon lot of rain . I did get in 6366 steps today .not much planned for today Vix hope your cold goes away I hate getting a summer cold they seem to drag on .Roger and Jo hope you both feel better.I ordered 4 pies I hope I like them

Hi Irene
    We were lucky here where I am, It appears that the Worst weather is either going South where You are or North of us.

Good Luck with the Pies, I ordered Three for myself. Whether You like them or not will probably depend on whether or not You like The crust as I mentioned.

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning. It looks nice out now, supposed to go to low 80s today, that's nice. :)
    The cold seems to be getting a little better. Yay.
    Sorry about those pies....I hate when something looks delicious, then turns out not to be.
    No plans for today yet. Will probably spend some time researching things to do in Florida next week....it's going to be really hot there. oh, well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    The low 80s is in the forecast for today. It was 70 degrees when I went out the door this morning. I could see where it had rained overnight however things were drying up already by then, 6:45AM.

The Chocolate Pie was OK, Doughy but that was due to some dummy, Me :), Overheating it and having all the filling run out. The Filling reminded me of a Chocolate Pudding or the filling You would find in the single portion individually wrapped Chocolate Pies I used to buy at the Local Convenience store, AKA 7-Eleven, Quick Chek or WaWa's and of course the Mom & Pop Delis. I have a suspicion that a Limited Extra of fat free Whipped Cream would have made it really great tasting.
    Nutrition Info on Reddi Wip
    Original Whipped Topping - 6.5 oz
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp. (5g)
    Servings Per Container about 37
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 15
    Calories from Fat 10

And the fat Free version
    Fat Free Whipped Topping - 6.5 oz
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp. (5g)
    Servings Per Container about 37
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 5
    Calories from Fat 0

From this Web Site:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/797-hg-food-fight-cool-whip-free-vs-fat-free-reddi-wip
    Category 1 - TASTE
    Cool Whip Free - Cool Whip Free is definitely artificial-tasting. It doesn't quite melt in your mouth, and it certainly doesn't taste natural in any way (probably because, um, IT ISN'T). But there's still something enjoyable and delicious about it -- even if it does taste super-fake.

Fat Free Reddi-wip - This stuff is FREAKISHLY FANTASTIC!!!!! Fat Free Reddi-wip is crazy-creamy and natural-tasting (it's made with real milk and cream). It's light -- it's airy -- it's PERFECT. Careful not to down the whole can in one sitting. There are 40 servings in there!!!

I may have my Brother Pick some up for the other pies, OTOH once I have it what to do with the rest of it, Possibly also use it on top of the NS Cakes such as the Pound Cake, Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake or Brownie :)
    I have 12 of those from the order that was delivered yesterday and some that I threw in the freezer to keep them fresh way past their Use By Date, Freezing the NS baked Goods works well to, Including the Muffins which I also have used some of from the freezer too.

have a Nice Day
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Hi Again
    I forgot to mention :)
    We have had some sort of critter damaging things, mainly breaking the onions over and Yesterday One of the New Raspberry Plants got bent over too. I staked it back up, hopefull it comes out OK. We believe it is some sort of critter running through the the Growing Areas.

On the Good Side I have been getting some Ripe Raspberries from four of the plants despite it being their first Year, & or 8 yesterday :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Roger-those darn critters, no respect for other peoples plants. ;) If you have squirrels or bunnies,like I do, they chase each other all over the yard.
    Irene-You do not need to be a member of Costo to order the NS cards. You will just have to pay a non-member fee. If I remember correctly it was around $8.00. It is still a great deal.
    Vix-Enjoy your time in Florida. What part are you going to?
    My son and daughter-in-law left for Berlin, Germany today. They will be gone for a week.
    I made carrot cake muffins for hubby this morning. I had a big bag of carrots in the frig that had started to grow, so I thought I better use them.
    Nothing much planned for today, the weather is rainy.
    Have a great day. :)
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    Irene, enjoy your ride to Fort Dix. :)
    We'll be going to Cape Coral, right next to Fort Myers and Sanibel Island, Gulf coast for 6 days.
    Jo, mmmmmm...love carrot cake. :)
    Roger, sorry about the critters knocking over your plants...the deer used to eat all of our tiger lillies...and we had tons of them!
    We went for a walk in the park this morning. It was still in the 70s and there was a nice breeze, perfect for a walk.
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Roger-those darn critters, no respect for other peoples plants. ;) If you have squirrels or bunnies,like I do, they chase each other all over the yard.
    Irene-You do not need to be a member of Costo to order the NS cards. You will just have to pay a non-member fee. If I remember correctly it was around $8.00. It is still a great deal.
    Vix-Enjoy your time in Florida. What part are you going to?
    My son and daughter-in-law left for Berlin, Germany today. They will be gone for a week.
    I made carrot cake muffins for hubby this morning. I had a big bag of carrots in the frig that had started to grow, so I thought I better use them.
    Nothing much planned for today, the weather is rainy.
    Have a great day. :)

Hi Joanne
    I have a suspicion that it may be that big Ginger cat we keep seeing in the driveway.

I agree it is a great savings while they are on sale.

That is a creative use for the carrots and a better use than throwing them out.

I hope They have a great visit to Germany

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
    Irene, enjoy your ride to Fort Dix. :)
    We'll be going to Cape Coral, right next to Fort Myers and Sanibel Island, Gulf coast for 6 days.
    Jo, mmmmmm...love carrot cake. :)
    Roger, sorry about the critters knocking over your plants...the deer used to eat all of our tiger lillies...and we had tons of them!
    We went for a walk in the park this morning. It was still in the 70s and there was a nice breeze, perfect for a walk.

Hi Vix
    The temperatures were Ok while walking, it was the heat from the Morning Sun that made me uncomfortable.

Deer ate a lot of expensive landscaping on my sister one year.

Cheers
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Good morning ,well I got my steps in knees are still sore from the long walk we did on saturday so now I have been paying for it I did get to walk this morning got in 6841 steps I have iced both knees when I came home so they are feeling better.Roger never knew that I thought you had to be a member I will have to look in to it .
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    Irene-congrats on getting your steps in.
    I am off today. On my agenda is house cleaning, yard work,grocery store, getting 2 new replacement screens and then hopefully sit and read my book. :)
    Have a fabulous day! :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Irene, WTG on the walking....hope your knees are feeling better....when is your surgery?
    Jo....your off days sound like work! Hope you get to sit and read your book. :)
    Hope you're getting some nice weather, Roger.
    I have my pottery class this morning and will probably stay a couple of hours extra to use up my studio time. Also have to clean out my cubby and take everything home.
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I stopped at the Grocery Store while walking 5K steps + One Shiny Dime (10 Cents). I did Pick up 5 bananas as I was able to find some that were greenish $0.49 a pound, 5 Cameo Apples $0.99 a pound, and 2 Tangerines at $0.40 each. The weather is good and was at 66 degrees out the door. It is warming up already due to the cloudless sky, Tomorrow is forecast to be in the high 60s overnight and then for several days each overnight is warmer in the 70s with a forecast overnight low of 75 degrees later this week :(

Nothing planned for today unless I have a burst of energy and decide to vacuum or do laundry, OTOH there is always Manana :)

Have a Great Upcoming Week
    Roger
    Good morning ,well I got my steps in knees are still sore from the long walk we did on saturday so now I have been paying for it I did get to walk this morning got in 6841 steps I have iced both knees when I came home so they are feeling better.Roger never knew that I thought you had to be a member I will have to look in to it.
    Hi Irene
    I got less steps than I would like so far for the day. However I am still having some pain walking so I do what I can. I wish I knew what is wrong, Not back to the doctor until later this month too.

I though everybody knew That You do have to be a member to use a warehouse location, And that their website is open to everybody. If You stock up before the sale ends it becomes a significant savings. In my case I get free delivery and a 20% discount from my auto delivery plan from NS. Then I stack the 40.01% savings from the gift card and that makes the end result less than 1/2 of the Full price. Or to put it another way a $5 entree ordered A La Carte ends up costing me $2.40 or a great savings and that makes the plan affordable as I see it.

Good Luck With Your Knees Feeling Better Quickly
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good morning;
    Irene-congrats on getting your steps in.
    I am off today. On my agenda is house cleaning, yard work,grocery store, getting 2 new replacement screens and then hopefully sit and read my book. :)
    Have a fabulous day! :)

Hi Joanne
    I have been off for many years, and It has been a few since I had to go to work too :)

On my punch list for today I have already done the walking, Grocery Shopping. Maybe I will do Laundry and Vacuuming, maybe. I have to look at the Laundry and decide if I have enough to bother with. I also want to read the Book We found on how to use a sewing machine as I have some pants that need the legs shortened, whether I hem or cuff them I have not decided. Cuffs might be easier OTOH Cuffs catch and hold snow in the winter and leaves in the fall and grass clippings when mowing.

Have a :) Day
    Roger
    Good morning.
    Irene, WTG on the walking....hope your knees are feeling better....when is your surgery?
    Jo....your off days sound like work! Hope you get to sit and read your book. :)
    Hope you're getting some nice weather, Roger.
    I have my pottery class this morning and will probably stay a couple of hours extra to use up my studio time. Also have to clean out my cubby and take everything home.
    Have a great day, everyone.

Hi Vix
    I saw that You had just posted as I was finishing my reply to Joanne so I carefully did a Ctrl+A to select everything and Ctrl+c to copy what I had done before hitting refresh on the page to add Your reply here. It turns out that like most things done as insurance it was not needed :)

Our weather is looking great for the next couple of days, dry and seasonable. Hopefully everybody else is having good weather too.

Enjoy Your Pottery Class
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    Roger I did get on cosco, sams club and BJ"S wow I can't believe membership is 100.00 now last time I belonged it was 30.00 . My surgery is schedule for Aug 8th
  • RogerToo
    Hi Irene
    Just remember You can order over the Internet and just pay a small service charge for being a non member. I belong to Costco as many of these cards as I buy I suspect the savings may pay for the membership. However I also have as of right now Two CostCo Warehouse stores fairly close by, and a Third one somewhat further that I joined many years ago in 1987. I mainly had that membership as a Business member for Mom to use. I currently use it every month or two. I am working up a simple list for next week. So far I have 2 ten packs of Kleenex, a Case of Paper Towels, a case of Charmin Toilet Paper since it is soft and the width of the roll has not gone through the shrinkage of the TP I see in the Grocery Store. Then a 18 pack case of Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, 3 large 5 pound Plus bags of Frozen vegetables, and Maybe fruit, depends on how it looks. And that is it so far. I may add in either the Large cans of Canned White meat Chicken or Turkey Breast meat packed in water that I can pull off of the shelf when I need a different protein.

That will keep me for at least another month on the Vegetables and Longer on the Paper Goods for both of us.

Thank You for the update on the Surgery Date
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, hope you're feeling better...not good when things interfere with daily activities.
    Irene, glad you have a date, and that you can be looking forward to recovery and feeling good again. :)
    I ended up just staying for the class this morning. Found out I can come back when the next session starts and finish up my pieces, so I'll save my 2 hours for that. :) I'm usually pretty tired after a 3 hour class. She also said I could leave my stuff in the cubby til then, they're not that busy in the summer. So that was nice.
    Have a great evening everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I didn't walk this morning I don't want to be in pain yesterdays walk made my knees sore so I didn't want to take the chance of over doing it I will probably walk tomorrow.Roger sorry you are still in pain. I don't believe thee is a cosco real close I will have to look into it. Vix glad you can still get in your last 2 hrs.Jo hope you are not working too hard
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I managed to walk 6100 steps and 11 cents. It is 2 degrees amd 68 degrees warmer than yesterday and slightly more humid, However it was still OK at 6:20 when I got out the door. The rest of the week is trending warmer into the 70s for a overnight low and Humid according to the weather forecasts :(
    I predict a case of terminal sweat for the warmest most humid day :)

I did have to detour off the sidewalks into the road a couple of times due to lawn sprinklers, Why they are watering the Sidewalk is unknown, it won't grow or heal its cracks.

I had part of the Banana before my walk and the rest with a NS Chocolate Protein shake on my return and I am still trying to decide between the NS Waffles and the NS French Toast for the remainder of my Breakfast, Decisions, Decisions! Hopefully I will not repeat yesterday and forget to have the rest of my Breakfast. I also forgot my Vitamins yesterday so I sat down and had them with my Shake this morning.

Have a Really Great Tuesday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Roger, hope you're feeling better...not good when things interfere with daily activities.
    Irene, glad you have a date, and that you can be looking forward to recovery and feeling good again. :)
    I ended up just staying for the class this morning. Found out I can come back when the next session starts and finish up my pieces, so I'll save my 2 hours for that. :) I'm usually pretty tired after a 3 hour class. She also said I could leave my stuff in the cubby til then, they're not that busy in the summer. So that was nice.
    Have a great evening everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It is what it is and we all deal with it as best we can.

That was nice of them to let You leave things sitting there. I can understand why things would be slower in the summer too.

just for laughs.

"From Here: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/4534017/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/local-officials-nearly-fall-ho-hoax/
    ALISO VIEJO, Calif. — City officials were so concerned about the potentially dangerous properties of dihydrogen monoxide that they considered banning foam cups after they learned the chemical was used in their production.

Then they learned, to their chagrin, that dihydrogen monoxide — H2O for short — is the scientific term for water.

"It's embarrassing," said City Manager David J. Norman. "We had a paralegal who did bad research."

The paralegal apparently fell victim to one of the many official looking Web sites that have been put up by pranksters to describe dihydrogen monoxide as "an odorless, tasteless chemical" that can be deadly if accidentally inhaled.

As a result, the City Council of this Orange County suburb had been scheduled to vote next week on a proposed law that would have banned the use of foam containers at city-sponsored events. Among the reasons given for the ban were that they were made with a substance that could "threaten human health and safety."

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    good morning, I didn't walk this morning I don't want to be in pain yesterdays walk made my knees sore so I didn't want to take the chance of over doing it I will probably walk tomorrow.Roger sorry you are still in pain. I don't believe thee is a cosco real close I will have to look into it. Vix glad you can still get in your last 2 hrs.Jo hope you are not working too hard

Hi Irene
    As I say the price is the same on the Internet and if You are not a member the Internet is the only way to buy from them without a membership. There does not seem to be a location near You FWIW. The Closest is bucks county (17.02 miles) 100 Veterans Way, Warminster, PA
    and mt laurel (18.86 miles) 100 Centerton Rd, Mount Laurel, NJ

I would just use the website and order unless You know someone that can get them at a location for You.

I can understand the not walking :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon
    The woman across the street from me hasn't mowed her lawn all summer. Two weeks ago, she got a new stove and the old one has been sitting on the front walk since then. Her mailbox is always full and today I noticed that it fell off the house and is sitting on the front steps. She is the only one on the street that doesn't keep up with her house.
    It is driving me crazy.
    Irene-taking a day off from walking is a good idea especially if your knee is hurting.
    Roger-I wonder if the paralegal still has a job?
    Vix-that was nice of them to let you keep your things in the cubby.
    I am getting ready to go out and weed my flower beds.
    Have a good afternoon. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    Have You considered Dropping an anonymous letter in the mail to the city regarding the neighbor? I suppose it is also possible that She can not handle the work or afford to have it done. OTOH a new stove :)

That is a good question that did not occur to me, I did not see anything about the paralegal beyond the phrasing "We had a paralegal" which could mean they got rid of the paralegal, However it could also mean The the paralegal moved on to a different job elsewhere or it could be another example of how poor grammar is creeping into everything including newspapers and News Broadcasts.

Good Luck with the weeding
    Roger
  • eku0
    Hi all....I've been preoccupied lately. Didn't even realize I didn't check in this morning. Went to my clay building group, then to get a haircut, and then grocery shopping. Had her cut my hair really short for the rest of the summer. And got some tiny little sweet potatoes at the grocery, so I don't have to feel guilty about eating a large potato! I love sweet potatoes and if I cook a large one, I eat the whole thing.
    Jo, sorry about your messy neighbor....is she old or ill or has she always been like this? If she has no excuse, you probably should call the town or county. If she has a problem, she may need help from social services.
    Roger, that's funny about the water. :)
    Irene...sometimes rest is the best thing. You are wise not to overdo.
    Have a nice evening, everyone. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, I went for a small walk don't want to push it.Only got in 4454 steps in so far my knee is not hurting . I will probably go out again later Annie likes to go for a walk around 9am just a short walk around the block .I should be getting my ns sometime this week it should hold me for a while. No big plans for today it is going to be hot for the next couple of days so I will be inside with the ac on. Jo it is hard when you have a neighbor that doesn't take care of there yard.