Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, well I got a good night sleep last night never heard anything so that is good . Vix sorry you had such a hard time hopefully everything comes back with good news.
    Roger where is the pies on ns went to order them and didn't see them . Jo stay cool me I plan on staying in the house where there is ac. What is really weird is when it's really hot out my knee hurts more . well take care no steps let today
  • IreneMurman
    Roger just found the pies they were under frozen
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    I did get out walking today 5300 steps + 30 cents, one really hard to spot Quarter and one Shiny Nickel elsewhere. It was already 77 degrees when I got out the door at 6:30 and it never did really cool off overnight. Possible Thunderstorms later today due to the High Humidity as well as the Temperatures.

I also picked up two Cameo Apples at 99 cents a pound, 2 Navel Oranges at 4 for $1 and four Bananas at 49 cents a pound & a Special K Cereal to try once one of the nearly empty ones is emptied :)
    Darn Cereal has become expensive anymore too.

Have a Great Thursday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    Vix-Rest and eating light for a few days and hopefully your digestive system will be back to normal. The prep always makes me sick and I usually get a headache. I suspect that is from lack of sleep. Keeping my fingers crossed that the biopsy is negative.
    Irene- Glad your testing is all done. When did you say your surgery was? Poor Annie and you, I hope you both get a good nights sleep tonight.
    Roger-It was in the 90's here today also, hot, sticky and humid....forecast is the same for the next few days. I am so glad for AC. Let us know how you like the chocolate pie. I liked the bbq and salt and vinegar snack arounds. I didn't order the ranch. I don't like ranch dressing, so I didn't think I would like them. I will be keeping good thoughts that you will not need further testing.
    I am reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I am a few chapters in and it seems like a really good book.
    Have a good night. :)

Hi Joanne
    Well my order processed overnight, no shipping information or tracking number(s) yet.
    I will be sure to let You know regarding the Pies. Keep in mind that Our tastes are different, You liked the Snack A Rounds and I ended up giving away the ones I had not opened, I made the mistake of ordering more than one of each and at least one of them I had my brother try and neither of us could stomach them so Into the Bin they went. The only one I kept as I was able to eat it was the Smokey BBQ flavor.

I am not a fan of Ranch dressing either, I did order the Chicken & Bacon Ranch Pizza frozen Pizza initially and did not care for it nor for the Margherita Pizza, Then about a year later I tried them again as part of my retest items philosophy and Now I like them :) I sort of suspect that my taste buds have changed and maybe they were reformulated?

Enjoy You Book. I have the J. A. Jance Book a Beaumont & Brandon Walker book in the Next up to read position and I always like her books FWIW

Cheers
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Thanks.....I hope we all remain in fairly good health!
    Roger, I write lists and add things as I think of them to talk to my doctors about...otherwise I forget. If the results were negative and you're still having issues, you should talk with your doctor about it.
    Jo, I had a really bad headache last night too...the nurse said it was common with the prep. That's what I think too....eating lightly, and drinking warm drinks is soothing.Haha...it would be cool if I could maintain the 1.5 pound weight loss, but I doubt it!
    I read Water for Elephants a while back...it was a good book. :)
    Hi Irene!
    Have a good night, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I make lists for Grocery Shopping or I know from past experience I will forget something I wanted :)

Definitely a short term effect from the prep. You could maintain and add to it, Just never eat again :) However the side effects from never eating are not good.

I tend to get extremely bad headaches when I go for more than one day with no Coffee. Those lack of Caffeine headaches are bad. However There are worse things to be addicted to than Plain unsweetened Black Coffee.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    good morning, well I got a good night sleep last night never heard anything so that is good . Vix sorry you had such a hard time hopefully everything comes back with good news.
    Roger where is the pies on ns went to order them and didn't see them . Jo stay cool me I plan on staying in the house where there is ac. What is really weird is when it's really hot out my knee hurts more . well take care no steps let today
    Roger just found the pies they were under frozen

Hi Irene
    That is strange I see them in Shelf Stable snacks, Thank You for letting me know You found them. Either way Good Luck with them, My entire order including them has closed and should be shipping shortly. I expect to have the order by Friday or Saturday. Lately the orders have been coming much quicker than they were for a while. For a while they were taking over a week, I do not know if this is a indication that NS added People to their warehouses or that things are slow for them.

From what I have read a ever increasing percentage of people are eschewing Prepared foods for Natural from fresh foods, this includes Canned Goods, and much of the frozen foods. I believe it also includes a shift to "Healthier" Artisan breads too. Of course for those of us watching our money that shift is a expensive option in many cases. Not to mention I believe that some things are fine from the Freezer. IMO Frozen vegetables are most likely fresher than from the produce Aisle as I understand they go from field to Frozen in a day whereas Fresh produce has to be picked and shipped to a distributor and then to the store taking days. This longer ship time has led to things not being as tasty too as they are bred and picked for ship-ability rather than taste. An example is the Crunchy Tomato on fast Food Sandwiches and the less tasty compared to home grown ripened Tomatoes. From Personal Experience delivering to Fast Food places years ago I know they wanted the Tomatoes to be less than ripe so they could be sliced easily.

That temperature effect on Your knee does seem a little odd.

Congratulations on getting a good nights sleep
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,369 Member
    I read that the frozen fruit and veggies are actually fresher than the fresh ones too. As long as they are just the fruit or veggies without added sugar, salt, etc. I think they're great. :)
  • IreneMurman
    good morning,didn't walk this morning my knee cap is really hurting not sure why. Even though I haven't been walking in the morning I am still getting around 6000 steps a day. Thursday I go to the surgery center and see everything and I will be with my nurse . If I understand it right this nurse will be with me from now on I think she will be the one that comes to the house to make sure everything is ok. Maybe after my visit I won't be so nerves about the operation but I guess this is pretty normal. We got a call yesterday from our renter it looks like in a couple of months they will be moving he was offered a job in cherry hill and wants to move closer to his new job they were great renters hate to see them go. Well today is friday my day to go do food shopping .Vix I also heard that frozen veggies are fresher not sure about fruit but I know that veggies are.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    I had a late start today & 6300 steps + 0 Cents. The weather this morning is warm again, 77 degrees. It was still over 80 degrees at 1:30AM. Very slow cooling off, A slight breeze was blowing, however the sun felt hot on me when I had to walk in it and not the shade.

I did get a few really fresh Raspberries Wednesday & Thursday off of the Plants we planted this spring. There are some more that have not ripened yet.

We expect to be rich tomorrow after tonight's Mega Millions drawing. No money found today so I am due for tonight. I know that since I told the clerk I only wanted winners :)

Good news, I think, I would have been fine or maybe happier if it came next week, OTOH this means I can try the Stuffed Chocolate Pie for my Dessert tonight. The tracking for my order shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday
    7:24 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    I read that the frozen fruit and veggies are actually fresher than the fresh ones too. As long as they are just the fruit or veggies without added sugar, salt, etc. I think they're great. :)

Hi Vix
    I decided to qualify my fresh is less fresh than frozen OTO.
    If they are just picked from the garden it does not get any fresher :) For example had a few Raspberries right off the bushes, they did not even make it into the house. It seems like overnight that the Zucchini are popping at ready to pick size, Three last night and probably more today, Once they get started they really go. My brother is already looking into handing some to the neighbors.

And my brother has found a farm Stand that Picks things in the morning and sells them throughout the day. He really Likes there Cantaloupes, Field Ripened and around 9 or 10 pounds each, Huge!

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    good morning,didn't walk this morning my knee cap is really hurting not sure why. Even though I haven't been walking in the morning I am still getting around 6000 steps a day. Thursday I go to the surgery center and see everything and I will be with my nurse . If I understand it right this nurse will be with me from now on I think she will be the one that comes to the house to make sure everything is OK. Maybe after my visit I won't be so nerves about the operation but I guess this is pretty normal. We got a call yesterday from our renter it looks like in a couple of months they will be moving he was offered a job in cherry hill and wants to move closer to his new job they were great renters hate to see them go. Well today is friday my day to go do food shopping .Vix I also heard that frozen veggies are fresher not sure about fruit but I know that veggies are.

Hi Irene
    I think we all have good days with pain and bad days. Yesterday was not as good as today, today I did manage to go further for example.

I am sorry to hear that You are losing a Good renter, finding a Good one can be tough from what I have heard.

Good Luck with that and the Surgery Center
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    "Item #618594
    $20 manufacturer’s discount is valid 7/7/16 through 7/31/16. While supplies last.
    Online Price $79.99
    Less -$20.00
    Your Price $59.99 Shipping & Handling Included*
    "

Remember Also that You need not be a CostCo member to buy online from them, You just pay a small surcharge.
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Roger, someone gave me a home grown fresh cucumber....yum....can't get those in the store, so tasty. :) Sounds like your garden is doing great.
    Irene, good luck finding a new renter. And it's good that you get to check out the surgery center. It probably will help to make you less nervous.
    Hi Jo.
    I went to zumba this morning. It's hot out. Not sure what I'm doing the rest of today.
    Have a great Friday, everyone. :)
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    It is not as hot as it was yesterday.
    Fruits and veggies right out of the garden are the best.
    Irene-I am sorry you are losing your renter. I hope you are able to find another good renter. It is a good idea to check out the surgery center and to meet the nurse who will be taking care of you. It should make you a little less nervous.
    Hi Vix-I hope you found something fun to do today.
    Roger-I also bought winning tickets for mega millions, so we will have to share. ;)
    I am off tomorrow,so hopefully I can sleep a little later in the morning. I have been really tired this week.
    The credit union that I belong to just incorporated and changed to a bank. They were selling stock, so I bought some. I got a check in the mail today for 5 cents. It cost more to print the check and mail it.
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Jo, I've been really tired too, and I caught a cold, so we just stopped off at the library and did grocery shopping. That's enough. If I am not so tired tomorrow a.m. I will go to the pottery studio for a while. I have about 5 hours to use by the end of next week.
    Darn! I forgot to buy my winning lottery tickets!
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    Roger, someone gave me a home grown fresh cucumber....yum....can't get those in the store, so tasty. :) Sounds like your garden is doing great.
    Irene, good luck finding a new renter. And it's good that you get to check out the surgery center. It probably will help to make you less nervous.
    Hi Jo.
    I went to zumba this morning. It's hot out. Not sure what I'm doing the rest of today.
    Have a great Friday, everyone. :)
    Jo, I've been really tired too, and I caught a cold, so we just stopped off at the library and did grocery shopping. That's enough. If I am not so tired tomorrow a.m. I will go to the pottery studio for a while. I have about 5 hours to use by the end of next week.
    Darn! I forgot to buy my winning lottery tickets!

Hi Vix
    You are too late I bought the Winning tickets yesterday, I know they are winners since I told the clerk I only want winners :)

Have a Great Evening, Good Luck Beating that Cold
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    It is not as hot as it was yesterday.
    Fruits and veggies right out of the garden are the best.
    Irene-I am sorry you are losing your renter. I hope you are able to find another good renter. It is a good idea to check out the surgery center and to meet the nurse who will be taking care of you. It should make you a little less nervous.
    Hi Vix-I hope you found something fun to do today.
    Roger-I also bought winning tickets for mega millions, so we will have to share. ;)
    I am off tomorrow,so hopefully I can sleep a little later in the morning. I have been really tired this week.
    The credit union that I belong to just incorporated and changed to a bank. They were selling stock, so I bought some. I got a check in the mail today for 5 cents. It cost more to print the check and mail it.
    Have a good evening. :)

Hi Joanne
    That sounds like the sort of thing my Brothers bank does, He is the only one where I ever heard of it happening, They will pay 10 cents interest on one of his checking accounts and withhold 2 cents for the IRS :) That is just lost money as it never gets up to a dollar and that means it can't be used towards a refund amount.

It was a little cooler earlier then the wind shifted and the temperature dropped. Then around 5 or 6 PM I heard Thunderstorms and we got some rain.

I suspect they have to do that despite the cost.

Have a Good Evening and Sleep Well
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning. Happy Saturday.
    Decided to go to the pottery studio later this morning. See if I can get some things done. It's hot out and don't have any other plans. Still working on getting rid of my cold!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited July 2016
    Hi
    I was out the door around 6:35AM and 4900 steps. It was much cooler than yesterday which is the good part, The not so good part is that there was a mist to drizzle in the air. having looked at the Morning weather report at 6:20 I knew that could/would happen so I took a folding umbrella along in my Pocket just in case. I did not need it however.

Mini Review on the Stuffed Chocolate Pie
    I had one last night for dessert around 9PM. It was OK, as I suspected once I saw it the pie has the same crust as the Stuffed Apple Pie. That should have occurred to me from both names starting withe "Stuffed". I managed to over heat it as I forgot to set the Microwave to 50% power when heating :(
    Bottom Line: if You like the crust on the Apple Pie You should like it and if You dislike that crust be forewarned :) When I overheated it the Pie broke open and a lot of the filling leaked out onto the paper plate so I ended up eating that more as a pudding than a filling. That made the rest of the pie bready tasting. Better luck next time. I will not forget to set the M/W to 50% power again. I did have trouble dialing in the heating on the Stuffed Apple Pies in the past too.

According to tracking my Ready to Go, what I think of as Shelf Stable, should be delivered today, Tracking shows.
    Scheduled delivery: Sat 7/09/2016 by end of day, OTOH it also shows
    7/08/2016 - Friday 8:57 pm Departed FedEx location HAGERSTOWN, MD
    7/09/2016 - Saturday 5:58 am At local FedEx facility CARTERET, NJ

Therefore I am not sure if it will come, However no problem either way.

Being that I like to take the easy road I have modified my heating of the NS frozen dinners too. For example where the Chicken Parmesan Dinner says heat for 3 minutes, remove cover, stir and heat for another 1 to 1.5 minutes I have found out that I am fine with just heating it covered all in one go. The same with other Entrees FWIW.

Enjoy the Weekend
    Roger

Update: tracking shows: 7/09/2016 - Saturday 8:12 am
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery CARTERET, NJ
  • RogerToo
    Good morning. Happy Saturday.
    Decided to go to the pottery studio later this morning. See if I can get some things done. It's hot out and don't have any other plans. Still working on getting rid of my cold!
    Have a great day, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    It's hot out there? Hmm.... It was down in the 60s this morning a 9 or 10 degree cooler than yesterday and comfortable except for the mist in the air. Not to humid AFAICT.

Enjoy Your pottery studio, I found it interesting that You pre-pay for a period of hours.

Good Luck getting rid of that pesky cold and have a Good Saturday
    Roger
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good morning;
    Vix-sorry you have a cold. My nose has been stuffy for the past few days, but I am inclined to think it is allergies, as I have no other symptoms.
    Roger-thanks for the review on the pie. I do not like the crust on the apple,so I probably will not order any.
    I have delayed my order until the end of August, then I will make my decision as to whether I will continue with NS.
    It is dreary and misty here today and cool. I needed to wear a light jacket when I went to the grocery store.
    I am waiting for my daughter to come over. We are going to check out some of the farmer's markets in the area.
    I am usually working on Sat and they are closed by the time I get out of work.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi Joanne
    I have been having a runny nose with no other symptoms for a while, I came to the same conclusion, Allergies :)

That crust was why I mentioned it, I liked the old crust on the apple pie somewhat better.

It does sounds as if You are having the same type of weather that I am.

If You decide before the end of July on continuing with NS You could potentially save money with the $59.99 sale on the gift cards, Stacking the 20% discount I get with the autodelivery and then paying with the sale price cards I end up paying less than 1/2 the non discounted price. OTOH if You buy them and do not use them then they are no bargain :)

Decisions, Decisions

Have a Good Weekend
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, we had a nice walk this morning but it was hot . We did get a bad storm yesterday afternoon lot of rain . I did get in 6366 steps today .not much planned for today Vix hope your cold goes away I hate getting a summer cold they seem to drag on .Roger and Jo hope you both feel better.I ordered 4 pies I hope I like them
  • eku0
    Good morning. It looks nice out now, supposed to go to low 80s today, that's nice. :)
    The cold seems to be getting a little better. Yay.
    Sorry about those pies....I hate when something looks delicious, then turns out not to be.
    No plans for today yet. Will probably spend some time researching things to do in Florida next week....it's going to be really hot there. oh, well.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)