Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was a cool 57 Degrees This morning. It was comfortable Walking, I have walked exactly 7,800 steps so far + 10 Cents found near the start of my walk as I was crossing the road from picking up my Morning Coffee.

As I was heading up for my coffee this morning I was a block from home when suddenly I felt something Bump my leg. Then a friendly young Young dog started running in circles around me making side trips to sniff things. It followed along for a couple of blocks before heading off. I did see the owner out with two of her dogs when looked back, I do see here some mornings bringing the recycling or Garbage to the Curb and we exchange Greetings.

Have a Great Friday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good afternoon;
    I think it is great that he is doing this. I bet there are a lot of people that do not like to walk alone or are afraid to walk alone. If this helps someone get out and get some exercise, I like the idea.

Hi Joanne
    And at $7 an hour he is under what Minimum wage is in most if not all of the country these days. So the price is right. A smart man, think of a need and fill it.

I like that it can help get people out that might otherwise not go walking.

I mentioned to my brother that I found 15 cents yesterday and 10 cents today> his response was the humorous comment, Keep putting it in the money found bowl, pretty soon You can retire :)

TGIF, Have a Nice day working
    Roger

quote="eku0;37679389"]Good morning.
    People walker is cool...I know sometimes I like company walking, though sometimes I like to walk by myself, good time for quiet contemplation.
    Off to zumba this morning.
    Out with kids tonight to celebrate my daughter's upcoming birthday.
    Have a great day, everyone. :)[/quote]

Hi Vix
    I thought it was interesting, That is why I posted it.....
    When I am walking I often stop for a few and chat, for example, now that school is back in session the local crossing guards and if I am going by the Dollar Store before they open to the Young, Younger than me anyway, The lady that runs the register as she stands there drinking her coffee waiting for management to open up. She has mentioned that she likes working there meeting the customers.

FWIW when My brother has asked me what kind of cake would You like for Your Birthday? I have a easy Answer a Cupcake :) I know where a entire cake would end up, My waistline.

Enjoy the Zumba and Birthday Party
    Roger
  • eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Hi Roger.
    I actually put together an ice cream cake this morning for my daughter. I will be careful to have a very small piece.
    Thank goodness I had zumba this morning...it gives me a few extra calories to play with. I'll still probably get a salad for dinner.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Vix
    I love a Ice Cream Cake, I used to like the Carvel ones when they had a location near me.

Good Luck and Enjoy the Party
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    hi all , I have been a little busy. Yesterday I had lunch with my girlfriend the one that just lost the dog.She is doing fine still grieving it is hard when you love your pet and it dies. Vix I love ice cream cake I usaly get it from dairy queen.Enjoy your party.In another week I go for vacation we are leaving on the 24 th can't wait of course this year we can't do much hiking oh well I am sure we can find other fun things to do. My poor sister is pretty sick they found nodgles on her tyroid not sure yet what they plan on doing I know she has to get a biopsi done well take care
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I will be keeping a good thought for your sister. Have a great time on your vacation. :) I leave for England next Wednesday.
    Vix-Happy Birthday to your daughter and have a great time at dinner. :)
    Roger-how nice that you had a furry companion for part of your walk. :)
    For about a week now my right ear has been blocked. I went to the dr. yesterday and my ear was impacted with wax.
    The nurse flushed it out and now I can hear again. :)
    Have a good evening. :)
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    Thanks, last night was fun. (My scale is not happy...fooey.)
    Jo, glad your ear is better, and I know you can't wait for your trip! So exciting. :)
    Irene, also keeping good thoughts for your sister. I know your trip will be wonderful.
    Roger, that was the first time I put together an ice cream cake...it was really good. :)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Hi
    It was a cool 57 Degrees This morning, a exact copy of Yesterday for weather. It was comfortable Walking, I have walked exactly 8,974 steps :) so far + No Cents found :( While Walking I did see a largish turtle in the brook I walked over it on the bridge.

I did Stop at the Grocery Store this morning and pick up some more fruit, I also stopped at the Dollar store as I was running later than usual due to the route I walked. The only thing I ended up doing there was Saying Good Morning as they were sold out of the 1% milk I was planning on getting to go on the shelf as a backup Quart.

Have a Great Weekend
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    hi all , I have been a little busy. Yesterday I had lunch with my girlfriend the one that just lost the dog.She is doing fine still grieving it is hard when you love your pet and it dies. Vix I love ice cream cake I usually get it from dairy queen.Enjoy your party.In another week I go for vacation we are leaving on the 24 th can't wait of course this year we can't do much hiking oh well I am sure we can find other fun things to do. My poor sister is pretty sick they found nodgles on her tyroid not sure yet what they plan on doing I know she has to get a biopsi done well take care

Hi Irene
    I will Keep Good thoughts for Your sister. They do not usually wait long to do the tests when they find something like that.

I do not even know where there is a Dairy Queen around here and the closest Friendlies and the Carvel Ice Cream are both long gone too. We do have Baskin Robbins and a Ritas fairly close to us. Likewise the closest Pizza Hut, Boston Market and KFC are gone too. Not sure what's up with that.

I am sure You will still manage to enjoy Your Vacation

Good Luck with Your Sister
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Irene-I will be keeping a good thought for your sister. Have a great time on your vacation. :) I leave for England next Wednesday.
    Vix-Happy Birthday to your daughter and have a great time at dinner. :)
    Roger-how nice that you had a furry companion for part of your walk. :)
    For about a week now my right ear has been blocked. I went to the dr. yesterday and my ear was impacted with wax.
    The nurse flushed it out and now I can hear again. :)

Hi Joanne
    Once You depart that makes two of the regulars here that will be on Vacation, Here I am stay at home Roger, And not unhappy about that either these days.

It is strange You mention that ear problem, My brother had the same thing recently and they also had to flush it out :)

Have a Nice Day
    Roger
    eku0 wrote: »
    Good morning.
    Thanks, last night was fun. (My scale is not happy...fooey.)
    Jo, glad your ear is better, and I know you can't wait for your trip! So exciting. :)
    Irene, also keeping good thoughts for your sister. I know your trip will be wonderful.
    Roger, that was the first time I put together an ice cream cake...it was really good. :)
    Happy Saturday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I know what You mean about that doggone mean scale, Mine chastised me Thursday Morning after I had a Chinese Lunch Special and Egg-roll on Wednesday for lunch. However I have now gotten rid of that mostly water weight and a little more too :) OTOH I am still above my low weight from the 9th :(

The worst part of that was I did eat it even though it was not nearly as tasty as I remembered. My tastes seem to have evolved towards liking healthier foods with little added sugar or salt in them, Not a bad thing however.

Just Curious about the Ice Cream Cake if I'm not imposing on You. Was it flat or rolled layers of Cake & Ice Cream or just assorted flavors of Ice Cream? I have seen both over the years. That was nice that it turned out well.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Actually, I used gluten free cookies crumbled up on the bottom with a little coconut oil to make it stick together, then a layer of coffee ice cream, then a layer of cookie crumbs mixed with mini chocolate chips, another layer of ice cream and then whipped cream on top and tossed on a few more mini chocolate chips. (Coffee is my daughter's favorite ice cream flavor). The crumbles were similar to what you get in a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. :)
    Haha...not too rich!!!! (yes, that is sarcasm)
  • IreneMurman
    hi all thanks for all the happy thoughts she is going threw so much now. On friday the 23rd lung dr something has shown upon her xray hopefully it isn't too serious. She always have taken care of her family and not taken care of her self . What is really something is that she is a nurse so maybe she will start taken better care of her self thanks everyone for listening it really helps . The ice cream cakes sounds awesome.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-the ice cream cake sounds yummy!
    Roger-I will have my phone and ipad with me, so I will try to stay in touch and send pictures.
    I also had Chinese food this past week and it didn't taste as good as I remembered.
    Irene-I will keep you and your sister in my prayers.
    I am going to a tri-county flea market tomorrow. It is held twice a year, May and Sept.
    I am all packed except for a few last minute things. I have to go to the store and get some ibuprofen for my son.
    They only sell small blister packs over in the UK. He suffers from migraines, so it is more economical for me to get it here for him.
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, just got back from shoprite so glad they open early. They open at 6am and no one is in the store.Just picked up a few items to hold me over till we leave on vacation.I am starting to get excited about going of course before you know it i will be back home. Jo you have to be getting really excited I am sure you will be having a great time.Roger and vix what are your plans for today? We are going to take a ride to the lake which will be nice.
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning a not much of a change from yesterday. It was still comfortable with a increase in the humidity. I walked 7,500 steps so far and no Cents.

I suppose that most of You have heard of the IED explosion at the NJ shore along the route of the Semper Five Run that luckily caused no injuries due to a delayed start so it only hurt the Garbage Can.

Then This one
    NEW YORK — Authorities here found and on early Sunday removed an explosive device — reportedly a pressure cooker — near the site of a Saturday night blast that injured more than two dozen people in the Chelsea neighborhood.

At a news conference before the discovery of a second device, Mayor Bill de Blasio said the explosion injured at least 29 people but that there was no specific terrorist threat.

A device believed to be a pressure cooker was subsequently found on West 27th Street, four blocks from the initial blast on West 23rd, according to New York Police Department. The NYPD tweeted at about 2:24 a.m. ET Sunday that, "The suspicious device on West 27 Street in Chelsea has been safely removed by the NYPD Bomb Squad."

Saying no Specific Terrorist Threat just mean to me that they had no threat it would happen not that it is not a terrorist action. The Pressure Cooker reminds me of the Boston marathon explosions sadly.

I will be curious to see what Our Presidential candidates say about it.

Have a Safe Sunday
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Actually, I used gluten free cookies crumbled up on the bottom with a little coconut oil to make it stick together, then a layer of coffee ice cream, then a layer of cookie crumbs mixed with mini chocolate chips, another layer of ice cream and then whipped cream on top and tossed on a few more mini chocolate chips. (Coffee is my daughter's favorite ice cream flavor). The crumbles were similar to what you get in a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. :)
    Haha...not too rich!!!! (yes, that is sarcasm)

Hi Vix
    I get Sarcasm, My Brothers Sarcasm detector does not work, Oh well. I still try some on him on occasion.

That IC Cake sounds tasty too. When my Brother makes a Cheese Cake he uses a Graham Cracked Crust that is very tasty FWIW. TBH I could eat a slice of something with that crust that is only the crust :)

I do not recall ever having a BR Ice Cream Cake.

Have a Safe Day
    Roger
    hi all thanks for all the happy thoughts she is going threw so much now. On Friday the 23rd lung dr something has shown upon her xray hopefully it isn't too serious. She always have taken care of her family and not taken care of her self . What is really something is that she is a nurse so maybe she will start taken better care of her self thanks everyone for listening it really helps . The ice cream cakes sounds awesome.
    Hi Irene
    Hopefully nothing serious, I am not surprised that a nurse does not take care of herself, Historically Doctors family are the last to get treated, Plumbers families likewise and so on.
    good morning, just got back from shoprite so glad they open early. They open at 6am and no one is in the store.Just picked up a few items to hold me over till we leave on vacation.I am starting to get excited about going of course before you know it i will be back home. Jo you have to be getting really excited I am sure you will be having a great time.Roger and vix what are your plans for today? We are going to take a ride to the lake which will be nice.
    Hi Again
    I like going to the ShopRite early too, That is the only way to beat the crowd, The only problem with that is they often are just starting to restock the Produce and Meats.
    That is also why I go to CostCo early getting there before they open. That way I get a good close parking spot. Also the local location Seems to open early. I was heading in the door at 9:49 for their 10 O Clock open the last time :)
    They seem to have abandoned their 1 Hour early open for Business Customers vs the Non Business members practice.

I did get a Business membership for that reason many years ago and Mom loved using the card I gave her for the reason.

I hope the Seaside Bomb does not impact You day, If I recall from previous messages It likely will not have that affect.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    Vix-the ice cream cake sounds yummy!
    Roger-I will have my phone and iPad with me, so I will try to stay in touch and send pictures.
    I also had Chinese food this past week and it didn't taste as good as I remembered.
    Irene-I will keep you and your sister in my prayers.
    I am going to a tri-county flea market tomorrow. It is held twice a year, May and Sept.
    I am all packed except for a few last minute things. I have to go to the store and get some ibuprofen for my son.
    They only sell small blister packs over in the UK. He suffers from migraines, so it is more economical for me to get it here for him.

Hi Joanne
    I suspected You would have a way to stay in touch, It is more a will You have time too thing.

Isn't funny how after not eating junk food all the time it just is not the same when You do have some.

Good Luck at the Flea Market, I had thought about saying something like I hope You get a good price on the fleas or are You planning to start a flea circus and then though better about it :)

Have a Enjoyable Safe Day
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    The world is a crazy place right now. Sometimes it seems like the human race is trying to extinguish itself. Hope the scientists and peaceful folk can keep ahead of it.
    Yesterday I ended up going for a walk in the local park, then we went to a Mall to walk around, and I surprised myself by buying a dress. It was at Macy's in their last chance section (70-80% off). It's kind of a cool flowery print long dress....reminds me of my old hippie days. Not sure when I'll wear it, but it made me happy. Simple things.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)
  • eku0
    edited September 2016
    d60f5e9948a52397e8636b38ffd99c58c0cf.jpg
    This is the watercolor painting I put in the county fair. Colors look a little faded here, hard to get a photo.
  • RogerToo
    Good morning.
    The world is a crazy place right now. Sometimes it seems like the human race is trying to extinguish itself. Hope the scientists and peaceful folk can keep ahead of it.
    Yesterday I ended up going for a walk in the local park, then we went to a Mall to walk around, and I surprised myself by buying a dress. It was at Macy's in their last chance section (70-80% off). It's kind of a cool flowery print long dress....reminds me of my old hippie days. Not sure when I'll wear it, but it made me happy. Simple things.
    Happy Sunday, everyone. :)

Hi Vix
    I believe Crazy is a understatement, OTOH Mass insanity could explain it.

I see nothing wrong with buying a bargain that also makes You happy.

I hope Your walk in the Park was enjoyable.

I did likewise yesterday although I did walk to the park as well as through it. Then on the way there I looked over the side of the bridge and there was a fairly large turtle swimming in the brook. The brook is running low from lack of rain too, some deepish pools and small flows of water between them.
    d60f5e9948a52397e8636b38ffd99c58c0cf.jpg
    This is the watercolor painting I put in the county fair. Colors look a little faded here, hard to get a photo.

It looks fine to me. I suppose You could have used a photo editing program to spiff it up if You have one.

Enjoy the Evening
    Roger
  • eku0
    Roger, I wasn't sure how to do the photo editing. I did use it to get it straight on the page, but I wasn't sure how to work with the colors. It's a bit more purple in real life, and a bit easier to see the moon.
  • Joanne3366
    Good evening;
    We went to the flea market and I bought a Longaberger magazine basket for $8.00. I was happy with my find.
    Hubby bought a fishing rod and reel set still in the case, never used.
    Vix-I am sure you will find a time to wear your dress. Nice painting. :)
    Irene-early morning is the best time to shop. I like to get to any store right as they open. I am usually done and home before the crowds set in.
    Three more days until vacation, but whose counting. :p
    Have a good evening. Hubby and I are getting to go for a walk around the neighborhood.