Slower Weight loss at 50?

Replies

• eku0
    eku0 Posts: 10,371 Member
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Jo. Sounds like a productive flea market trip. :) I know you're going to have a wonderful vacation!
    Irene, hope you're doing ok. Sending healing thoughts for your sister. My mother was a nurse. Sometimes nurses do not take the best care of themselves, they are focused on taking care of others.
    Roger, looks like we're going to get rain here. Very overcast.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    It was 75 Degrees This morning warmer than yesterday. It was semi comfortable with a increase in the humidity. I walked 7,400 steps on the nose right now and Two Cents.

I suppose that most of You have heard of the IED explosion at the Elizabeth Train Station Overnight? The Explosion was triggered by a Bomb disposal robot when it clipped a wire attempting to disarm one of the 5 devices.

From Here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/nyregion/pipe-bombs-found-near-train-station-in-elizabeth-nj-official-says.html
    ELIZABETH, N.J. — The bomb drama rattling the New York region arrived here Sunday night when two men walked out of Hector’s Place Restaurant near the city’s train station and found a backpack containing five explosives resting atop a municipal garbage can, Mayor J. Christian Bollwage said.

After finding that the backpack contained “wires and a pipe,” the mayor said, the men dropped the item in the street and contacted the Elizabeth Police Department around 8:45 p.m. The police, in turn, called the Union County bomb squad, and the investigation was quickly turned over to the F.B.I. and the New Jersey State Police, Mr. Bollwage said.

The F.B.I. then sent in a pair of robots and determined that the backpack held five bombs, some of which were pipe bombs, the mayor said.

Around 12:30 a.m., the robots tried to clip a wire to disarm one bomb and accidentally detonated it, the mayor said.

“As a robot was trying to disarm one of the devices, it exploded,” he said. No injuries were reported.

The mayor said around 3 a.m. Monday that one robot was destroyed and another had a mechanical arm blown off.

Have a Safe Monday
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    IreneMurman Posts: 2,163 Member
    good morning, it is terrible all these bomb's but it sounds like they have some in jail now and are looking for person of interest hopefully they find him. Vix nice job on the painting it looks really nice.Well jo it won't be long and your vacation starts. I have to wait until saturday but that is fine.
  • RogerToo
    eku0 wrote: »
    Roger, I wasn't sure how to do the photo editing. I did use it to get it straight on the page, but I wasn't sure how to work with the colors. It's a bit more purple in real life, and a bit easier to see the moon.

Hi Vix
    I use Corel PaintShop Pro X5 that I bought on clearance really cheap :) In the one I Add the Image and use the Adjust Drop down Menu.
    I can then select One Step Photo Fix that often does a good enough job, if it does not then I can Select Smart Photo Fix and adjust the Saturation, which will intensify the colors and also auto or manual sharpen and manual or auto noise removal and if I need to tinker further I can use other options to adjust color, brightness and Contrast as well as Hue and Saturation. If I mess it up I can a Ctrl + Z for undo. I hope that helps?
    Good morning!
    Thanks, Jo. Sounds like a productive flea market trip. :) I know you're going to have a wonderful vacation!
    Irene, hope you're doing ok. Sending healing thoughts for your sister. My mother was a nurse. Sometimes nurses do not take the best care of themselves, they are focused on taking care of others.
    Roger, looks like we're going to get rain here. Very overcast.
    Have a good day, everyone. :)

Hi Again
    It was cloudy all day yesterday which was a dreary looking day and then I got rained on for about 10 minutes this morning while walking. However having heard the weather forecast and seeing that there had been a light rain before I got up I took Umbrellas with me. I strap the Medium size one to my Backpack which I used as a carrier to free my hands until I needed it and a smaller folding one in a pocket, just in case. I did get a little damp while removing the backpack and deploying the Umbrella. It started as I was heading up the street for my Morning coffee and then stopped after I cam out from getting the coffee.

As You can see we got rain, somewhat heavy for a few minutes too, More in the forecast for later on too. OTOH we need it :)

Have a Nice Day. Stay Safe and Dry
    Roger
    Joanne3366 wrote: »
    Good evening;
    We went to the flea market and I bought a Longaberger magazine basket for $8.00. I was happy with my find.
    Hubby bought a fishing rod and reel set still in the case, never used.
    Vix-I am sure you will find a time to wear your dress. Nice painting. :)
    Irene-early morning is the best time to shop. I like to get to any store right as they open. I am usually done and home before the crowds set in.
    Three more days until vacation, but whose counting. :p
    Have a good evening. Hubby and I are getting to go for a walk around the neighborhood.
    Hi Joanne
    Is that a good brand, That sort of thing I never know :)
    It always amazes me what people buy and never use afterwards, Still in the case too.

I know You are worried about missing Your flight if it You forget to go to the aitport, Not!

FIFO for shopping, Just in case that principal also applies to foods for me, FIFO AKA First In First Out.

I hope You had a good Walk.
    Stay Safe and Dry, Enjoy the Day
    Roger
    good morning, it is terrible all these bomb's but it sounds like they have some in jail now and are looking for person of interest hopefully they find him. Vix nice job on the painting it looks really nice.Well jo it won't be long and your vacation starts. I have to wait until Saturday but that is fine.

Hi Irene
    I hope they have the right person and all of the perpetrators too. The world has definitely gone insane as I see it. Instead of changing things peacefully it seems that so many turn to violence anymore.

I hope Your Knee is coming along Nicely
    Roger
  • eku0
    edited September 2016
    Hi all, back from yoga, it was hard today, lots of hip moves I had to adjust for, glad it's a temporary instructor.
    Thanks, Irene. :)
    All the violence and attempted violence in the world is very frustrating. Why target innocent people? These perpetrators are nuts. May they catch them quickly.
    We could use a little more immediate karma in the world about now.
    Anyway, I try to do my part in my little corner of the world...kindness and understanding is so important, and not always the easiest thing to do. But it makes me feel the best.
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Good afternoon;
    I think the world has gone crazy. Whatever happened to helping one another and looking after those less fortunate that us. I believe there is something seriously wrong with the people that are making these bombs to harm innocent people.
    Roger-I found 2 cents on Saturday and Sunday. :)
    It has been raining here all day. My lawn is starting to look pretty good again.
    Enjoy the day. :)
  • RogerToo
    Hi all, back from yoga, it was hard today, lots of hip moves I had to adjust for, glad it's a temporary instructor.
    Thanks, Irene. :)
    All the violence and attempted violence in the world is very frustrating. Why target innocent people? These perpetrators are nuts. May they catch them quickly.
    We could use a little more immediate karma in the world about now.
    Anyway, I try to do my part in my little corner of the world...kindness and understanding is so important, and not always the easiest thing to do. But it makes me feel the best.

Hi Vix
    Hopefully now that the Person has been caught things are at an end.

Where I can I do try to be helpful, I may not always succeed however :(

I'm glad that it was not a new permanent instructor in Yoga.

Cheers
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I think the world has gone crazy. Whatever happened to helping one another and looking after those less fortunate that us. I believe there is something seriously wrong with the people that are making these bombs to harm innocent people.
    Roger-I found 2 cents on Saturday and Sunday. :)
    It has been raining here all day. My lawn is starting to look pretty good again.
    Enjoy the day. :)

Hi Joanne
    That puts you ahead of me I only found two cents today, 1 day vs 2 days :)

Our rain has been on and off and I suspect it is now finished. I hope we had a decent amount. The Weather report should say.

I can only agree that things are in a sorry state.

Have a Nice Evening
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Hi
    It was 68 Degrees This morning a nice change from yesterday. It was still comfortable with a increase in the humidity. I have walked 8.4K steps so far and no Cents.

The Sunchokes have finally started to bloom, It is about time, the tallest ones are higher than the Gutters on the house :)

They seem to have caught the Bomber and on the Plus side they also found more explosive devices in the house that the capture had prevented being set.

Have a Good Tuesday
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning.
    yes, on the capture, better if they can find them before they do these things.
    Off to clay group this morning. ( I think I may go back to the pottery studio sometime...I liked what I worked on there so much better).
    Looks like it rained last night, and totally overcast this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone!
    And Jo...have a wonderful trip....tomorrow!!! :)
  • Joanne3366
    Good morning;
    I have a late day at work today 11:30-7:30. The manager wants me to touch base with the people that work in the evening and make sure they are doing there jobs correctly and efficiently. I don't know how much I can accomplish in one evening, but I will try my best.
    I am all packed except for a few last minute things. We leave tomorrow night at 9:50 and arrive in London at 9:10 am. It will be a long 2 days with the time change.
    It rained last night here also and today is overcast.
    Enjoy your day! :)
  • RogerToo
    FWIW I posted some more humorous pictures :)
    Good morning.
    yes, on the capture, better if they can find them before they do these things.
    Off to clay group this morning. ( I think I may go back to the pottery studio sometime...I liked what I worked on there so much better).
    Looks like it rained last night, and totally overcast this morning.
    Have a great day, everyone!
    And Jo...have a wonderful trip....tomorrow!!! :)

Hi Vix
    I agree better before, sad that some people got injured, It could have been worse however.

The sky was overcast this morning too. I do not think we had more rain overnight, here is was done sometime during the afternoon. I am still happy that now we will not have to water for a few days.

Have a Good Time at the Clay Group
    Roger
    Good morning;
    I have a late day at work today 11:30-7:30. The manager wants me to touch base with the people that work in the evening and make sure they are doing there jobs correctly and efficiently. I don't know how much I can accomplish in one evening, but I will try my best.
    I am all packed except for a few last minute things. We leave tomorrow night at 9:50 and arrive in London at 9:10 am. It will be a long 2 days with the time change.
    It rained last night here also and today is overcast.
    Enjoy your day! :)

Hi Joanne
    Good Luck at work today.

I recently saw some news on ways to help with the time change, I wish I could be more helpful, maybe a search of the Internet.
    Here are a couple of things I found that might help.
    http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/how-to-beat-jet-laghttps://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-topics/jet-lag-and-sleep

Good Luck with the Jet Lag and Enjoy the Trip
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    hi all,getting ready for a walk, i don't go far or fast but at least i am out there. jo have a nice vacation
  • eku0
    Oh that is a long trip. Safe travels. :)
  • RogerToo
    hi all,getting ready for a walk, i don't go far or fast but at least i am out there. jo have a nice vacation

Hi Irene
    I recall the old saying, Very trip starts with the first step and You getting out whether it is far or fast is the first step on the journey.

Have a Nice Night
    Roger
    Oh that is a long trip. Safe travels. :)

Hi Vix
    I am reminded of the old joke, I just flew in from Chicago and boy are my arms tired :)

Have a Good Restful Evening
    Roger
  • IreneMurman
    good morning, well yesterday i actually got in 6100 steps which is a good day for me i have been trying to get more steps in.so today i will try and match it i already have in 1864 i met george and annie on there way back from there walk i can do short walks so that is good. jo that sure is a long flight enjoy your trip.I really don't have a lot of plans for today just taking short walks and maybe start looking at what i want to take with me on vacation. hope everyone has a nice day
  • RogerToo
    good morning, well yesterday i actually got in 6100 steps which is a good day for me i have been trying to get more steps in.so today i will try and match it i already have in 1864 i met george and annie on there way back from there walk i can do short walks so that is good. jo that sure is a long flight enjoy your trip.I really don't have a lot of plans for today just taking short walks and maybe start looking at what i want to take with me on vacation. hope everyone has a nice day

Hi Irene
    I see You are working on getting Yourself in shape to go on vacation. Congratulations on getting out walking early.

Have a Good Day walking
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    Irene, you're doing great building up your walking! Yay!
    Haha, Roger. I think I'm starting my yearly seasonal ouchy strectch. All my muscles and joints feel like they've been overworked and can't seem to keep up with what I want to do. I should probably do some strength training, but my motivation seems to be ebbing. Lucky me, I get to see the chiropractor tomorrow...maybe he can set my hip back into whack.
    Jo....so exciting....have a wonderful trip...fill up on hugs. :)
    Have a great day, everyone.
  • Joanne3366
    Good afternoon;
    I just printed out my boarding passes. :)
    The flight is 6 hours. There is a 5 hour time difference, so it will be around 3am our time when we land.
    Irene-I applaud you for getting out and walking, each day your knee will get stronger and you will be able to go longer distances.
    Vix-Sorry you are feeling ouchy. I hope it passes soon.
    Roger-Usually by the day after we get there we are all adjusted. Thanks for the info.
    Enjoy your day.
  • RogerToo
    edited September 2016
    Good morning!
    Irene, you're doing great building up your walking! Yay!
    Haha, Roger. I think I'm starting my yearly seasonal ouchy strectch. All my muscles and joints feel like they've been overworked and can't seem to keep up with what I want to do. I should probably do some strength training, but my motivation seems to be ebbing. Lucky me, I get to see the chiropractor tomorrow...maybe he can set my hip back into whack.
    Jo....so exciting....have a wonderful trip...fill up on hugs. :)

Hi Vix
    Well if it is a annual event then You should bake a cake to celebrate that yearly seasonal ouchy strectch :):)

Good Luck at the Chiropractor
    Roger
    Good afternoon;
    I just printed out my boarding passes. :)
    The flight is 6 hours. There is a 5 hour time difference, so it will be around 3am our time when we land.
    Irene-I applaud you for getting out and walking, each day your knee will get stronger and you will be able to go longer distances.
    Vix-Sorry you are feeling ouchy. I hope it passes soon.
    Roger-Usually by the day after we get there we are all adjusted. Thanks for the info.
    Enjoy your day.

Hi Joanne
    I sort of figured You had a routine, however I passed that on as a just in case scenario.

I remember the good old days when To take a flight You either went to a travel agent or the ticket counter at the airport :) They both gave You the Printed tickets for the entire flight and back if a round trip as well as handled seat assignments and boarding passes.
    You may have guessed that it is many years since I last flew and some of the airlines are no longer with us such as Pan Am, and National airlines. the Planes & jets I flew on seem to be no longer used by the airlines either starting with the Lockheed Constellation
    07jpybcc0jjb.jpg
    The DC 10 and similar looking L1011, Boeing 707 and the Boeing 727.

I wonder what You do now if You do not have Internet or a printer? Are there even many travel agents left he wonders to himself :)

Have a Safe Trip
    Roger
  • eku0
    Good morning!
    1b8980af59b5263ad67e163fdb4ad6e9.jpg
    Safe travels, Jo!
    Roger, you can still print off your boarding pass at the airport or go up to the airport counter. There are a few travel agents left.